Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Which class to pick? need a bit of help :/
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-10-04
posté November 24, 2013, 10:21:55 | #1
Which class to pick? need a bit of help :/ So i've came back after a long time, the game has changed so much that i have no idea what to play, what to level, what to place into stats, ect.

So i've come here wit the question of, what would you suggest?

Technicaly out of all the classes i like, are the Earth Enu with his transfrom, the Xelor, the Eniripsia , the Sram and the Frogger, but i have no idea which are good at what :/

So, could you guys please help me out a bit and tell me which classes are good for what?

Mostly im inclined on making a Xelor, i heard he took the Eniripsia AP buff spell from dofus.

And also, i've played a lv150 eniripsia in Dofus, but wakfu one seems very different, thats why i'm not sure if its my kind of thing or not.

I've played Wakfu Eni like few years ago, when he was different, well actually his skill set was about same, but effects were different and he didnt have some passive that there are now, like for example the fire/water swap passive, what does it do? Is it good?

And things like that, could you guys help me out a bit? Thanks.

Community Helper * Member Since 2013-01-13
posté November 24, 2013, 11:29:43 | #2
Hi Lawful!

Before I go into my personal opinions, I'd like to link this Masterpost made by MOD Meka and Moon, which contains a whole lot of really fantastic class guides. It might be worth a look

I've never played Dofus so I can't give you any comparisons I'm afraid. My main is a Sram though, and despite her level, I have been playing her for the best part of a year. Srams as a class struggle to find their place in PvE at the moment. Thats not to say there aren't fantastic Sram builds out there, because there are. Unfortunately the post I linked you doesn't have any Sram guides. Perhaps I'll have to consider that. We do medicore damage, with Air being the strongest damage dealing element at the moment. Invisibility is a little bit hard to use, for me atleast. I prefer to go without, which some Sram players would consider it sacrilege Srams are an interesting class, and people have proven in the past that a Sram can be brought to most high end fights and still succeed and be useful, but if they do, at the moment, it requires a well thought out play style and build. Srams are due for a revamp to the class around March, more than likely later though.

Earth Enu's are very powerful. I have never played one myself, but have seen many fight. If what you're looking for is raw damage output, then Earth Enu's definitely slot into that category.

My close friend plays a Xelor, so I know a little more on them than Earth Enu's. It should be known, that with the latest revamp for Xelor, they were literally built to be a hybrid class. Multi-element builds very much seem to benefit Xelor's more than any other class at the moment, with each of their branches synergising with the others. Thats not to say that single element Xelor's aren't great as well, but if you can play a class that does the same amount of damage single element as it does multi-element, why not go the split? I strongly encourage you to read the guide written by Mango/Brokonaut in the above link. They are very much one of my favourite guide writers and have a really deep understanding of how to build characters (Xelor at the very least) fantastically and to their full potential. I'd also encourage you to read the Xelor sub-forum, as a lot of really great discussion about builds goes on there.

The Eniripasia! I've played a little of this class, but can safely say they are valued as healers more than anything else. The water Eni is very much the most popular pick. The damage output on Eni's isn't all that fantastic on their Fire and Air lines, but they do have some very cool abilities. I'm a big fan of the fire line myself. I like the idea that you can turn your damage into heals by using Unnatural Remedies, and I like the utility of the marks. To be honest, I don't see many Eni's that aren't water, but don't let that deter you! I secretly have a bit of a fire Eni in the works myself, but know a lot of people won't value that as much as other damage dealers or healers. But hey, that depends on the people you fight with

I literally know nothing about Foggers except that their Earth line is meant to be very fantastic. They recently underwent a revamp as well. Foggers are one of the least played classes on my server (Remington), from what I've noticed, but have a lot of very very cool mechanics. I'm afraid thats all I have to say about them. That, and I wish I was a Fogger

Multi-element builds are now easier to make than ever, and are just as strong as single element. Almost all high end equipment is dual element, making it fairly easy to do so. Theres been a recent post that outlines a lot of really interesting knowledge about what levels have what element equipment. It can be found here. You may find it handy when building your character to see whats available to you.

Well I guess thats all I can really do for you Lawful. I'm sorry if its not exactly what you wanted to hear, but maybe the links provided will be helpful to you in some way. Best of luck picking your class and I hope you have oodles of fun with it!  

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-03-23
posté November 24, 2013, 11:50:44 | #3
hi Hm because the multiman is coming so i supposed you to know the function of multiman and then pick youself one char
and then bought yourself 2 multiman,
then this 3 man little team will do help

posté November 24, 2013, 18:15:16 | #4
Yeah froggers seem nice, i tried one up to like lv10 to see how the mechanics works and what spells they have.

If you focus on one element, like fire for example and get 400% fire damage, with the 6 AP aoe, they should be dealing up to 400-600 damage, depending how overheated you are and that aoe has huge range and radius of effect, felt like i was in DragonBallZ xD

Don't know about earth, but so far i've seen that you can make obstacles with the spells if you use them on blank area, which could make some pretty cool plays with, even if you aren't earth, you could still probably make pretty nice obstacle plays to get the mobs into position for better AoE.

About static i dont know, didn't impress me much and i think you cant increase it with elemental damage, right? So yeah, unless ofc its wind elemental, cause its kinda purple!

To be honest tho, frogger was super easy to play and pretty strong, i can assume that later levels, if you get 12 AP, you could fire that aoe twice per turn, which would be some devastating damage right there, with frogger and just spamming that spell, i would literally clean up 4-6 Piwi's at level 3 in a fight, without letting them get to me as i ran xD
Was fun overall.

I tried the Xelor aswell, i really loved the machanics with the clock, i mean, the whole tick-tock was fun, every tick, their spells work differently, which is kinda cool if you ask me, that wasn't present in Dofus, and xelors seem to pack some pretty decent damage and they have pretty good AoE as-well, but what i really loved, is the mobility! It was amazing what i could do with the clock , while fighting several stronger enemies and juking them around.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2009-11-26
posté November 24, 2013, 22:58:11 | #5
Don`t try feca, it`s a waste of time.

Srams as long as i know, are nerfed as hell.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-04-29
posté November 24, 2013, 23:27:36 | #6
What classes are good in terms of mobility and map control? I have already tried air masqueraider and he seemed great, though the fact that you have to use a certain mask to be able to use the last 3 skills of each element kind of fucks it up for me.

Oh and sorry for capturing your thread.  

Community Helper * Member Since 2013-01-13
posté November 24, 2013, 23:50:09 | #7

Quote (Lawful @ 24 November 2013 18:15) *
Yeah froggers seem nice, i tried one up to like lv10 to see how the mechanics works and what spells they have.

If you focus on one element, like fire for example and get 400% fire damage, with the 6 AP aoe, they should be dealing up to 400-600 damage, depending how overheated you are and that aoe has huge range and radius of effect, felt like i was in DragonBallZ xD

Don't know about earth, but so far i've seen that you can make obstacles with the spells if you use them on blank area, which could make some pretty cool plays with, even if you aren't earth, you could still probably make pretty nice obstacle plays to get the mobs into position for better AoE.

About static i dont know, didn't impress me much and i think you cant increase it with elemental damage, right? So yeah, unless ofc its wind elemental, cause its kinda purple!

To be honest tho, frogger was super easy to play and pretty strong, i can assume that later levels, if you get 12 AP, you could fire that aoe twice per turn, which would be some devastating damage right there, with frogger and just spamming that spell, i would literally clean up 4-6 Piwi's at level 3 in a fight, without letting them get to me as i ran xD
Was fun overall.

I tried the Xelor aswell, i really loved the machanics with the clock, i mean, the whole tick-tock was fun, every tick, their spells work differently, which is kinda cool if you ask me, that wasn't present in Dofus, and xelors seem to pack some pretty decent damage and they have pretty good AoE as-well, but what i really loved, is the mobility! It was amazing what i could do with the clock , while fighting several stronger enemies and juking them around.
Hi Lawful, and the second part might help you Edward!

I'm really glad you're having fun and experimenting. I don't think I've ever read about the fire line from a Fogger, so thats really interesting to know! Your impressions of them make me really want to make one now haha. I think I just might do that...

A Xelor has fantastic movability! Just to add to what you were saying, I have a few favourites when it comes to Xelors. I love their portals! A Xelor, if they're careful, can do pretty much the same job a Panda does in regards to board control with their teleport spell (I'm not up with the Xelor jargon ).

If you're looking for mobility, then a Sram is fantastic if you use Guile and Scram. A Xelor's movability is also fantastic. The Fogger's rails seem to be great for movability, though I've only seen them in use once myself (due to the scarcity of Foggers I think). All classes with an Air line usually have a push or pull, or a jump. For classes that don't have an Air line, like Pandawa or Feca, they both have a special ability teleport that you can choose to put your points in.

For board movement, Scarier has nice things, they have 2 specials that move people as well as an air line. Pandawa's are usually the popular pick because they act as a board mover and a tank at the same time. As mentioned above, Xelors are also pretty fantastic at it. It all comes down to how you choose to play your class as well. I'd suggest a bit of experimenting Edward, to see just what kind of movement or map control you like best

Good luck to you both! I'm off to go make that Fogger now...  

posté November 25, 2013, 00:42:55 | #8

Quote (tashlol @ 24 November 2013 23:50) *
Hi Lawful, and the second part might help you Edward!

I'm really glad you're having fun and experimenting. I don't think I've ever read about the fire line from a Fogger, so thats really interesting to know! Your impressions of them make me really want to make one now haha. I think I just might do that...

A Xelor has fantastic movability! Just to add to what you were saying, I have a few favourites when it comes to Xelors. I love their portals! A Xelor, if they're careful, can do pretty much the same job a Panda does in regards to board control with their teleport spell (I'm not up with the Xelor jargon ).

If you're looking for mobility, then a Sram is fantastic if you use Guile and Scram. A Xelor's movability is also fantastic. The Fogger's rails seem to be great for movability, though I've only seen them in use once myself (due to the scarcity of Foggers I think). All classes with an Air line usually have a push or pull, or a jump. For classes that don't have an Air line, like Pandawa or Feca, they both have a special ability teleport that you can choose to put your points in.

For board movement, Scarier has nice things, they have 2 specials that move people as well as an air line. Pandawa's are usually the popular pick because they act as a board mover and a tank at the same time. As mentioned above, Xelors are also pretty fantastic at it. It all comes down to how you choose to play your class as well. I'd suggest a bit of experimenting Edward, to see just what kind of movement or map control you like best

Good luck to you both! I'm off to go make that Fogger now...

I don't understand yet how the whole rail thing works for frogger, haven't really dwelved too deep into the mechanics appart from the basics, i've only saw that he can make a cute robot and equip some armor for one turn, which increases damage and ranger for his fire spells xD

And with xelors, i've read somewhere about them making a time rift, but i have yet any understanding how that is done either.

By the way, i had a few questions pent up for a while , which are.

About skills... is there a certain limit to what you can max?
I tought its, max everything as long as you grind enough skill exp, or is there a numerical cap of how many levels of skills can you have on a character? I mean, i'm aware about the - you can't have higher spell level than your base level, but i mean, how many spells if cap level can you have at the same time? And how can you figure out then how to distribute the rest of them.

Also was wondering, how is the xelor fire/air damage paring compared to other damage classes towards level 100+.

And! Does eniripsia feel boring to anyone else? xD
Not sure why, but in wakfu, the power curve for Eni seems really slow and clumsy compared to other classes, healing is almost non-existant at early levels, i mean - under lv10, i'm healing for like 10 per turn and monsters hit harder with a single attack >.>

Can't imagine Eni handling heavy boss hits in the end game and being able to keep a single person alive, let alone a whole group :/

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-05-30
posté November 25, 2013, 04:27:23 | #9

About skills... is there a certain limit to what you can max

you can only have 4 spell at max lvl in same time

for Eni case....this is the same in every game,healer is kind of boring and fragile char at low lvl. But if you keep patient they will be one of the most worthy char

Eni have their own way to fight too,just not as powerful as real damage dealer char....

This post has been edited by TinyLaNorthio - November 25, 2013, 04:33:27.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-08-18
posté November 25, 2013, 07:32:23 | #10

Quote (Lawful @ 2013-11-24 10:21:55)Technicaly out of all the classes i like, are the Earth Enu with his transfrom, the Xelor, the Eniripsia , the Sram and the Fogger, but i have no idea which are good at what :/

Mostly im inclined on making a Xelor, i heard he took the Eniripsia AP buff spell from dofus.

I've played Wakfu Eni like few years ago, when he was different, well actually his skill set was about same, but effects were different and he didnt have some passive that there are now, like for example the fire/water swap passive, what does it do? Is it good?

The earth branch for Enutrof was modified in the beginning of the latest set of revamps (Feca, Pandawa, and Sram still waiting for theirs) which created more definition for using earth spells as an Enutrof (default) or Drhellzerker (transformed). While in your default state you deal less damage but can remove MP from enemies, but inflicting MP loss will cause the target to gain Hypermovement state which resists MP loss. While in the Drhellzerker mode you can remove levels of Hypermovement, deal increased damage (base spell damage and the damage bonus gained from moving), and travel long distances to chase fleeing enemies (your AP is transformed into MP and your earth spells will cost MP instead of AP). Switching between the two modes can be very useful against enemies with a lot of MP and want to keep as much distance from you as possible.

Earth Enu's are very powerful. I have never played one myself, but have seen many fight. If what you're looking for is raw damage output, then Earth Enu's definitely slot into that category.

I have yet to experiment with the revamped air Eniripsa, but a hybrid fire-water Eniripsa only needs to mark an enemy once for its killer to reap the benefits and the rest of your points can be used to heal your team. If you rank Unnatural Remedies you can mark enemies, use the specialty, then use Revitalizing Word to attack in an area of effect (not necessarily all in the same turn).

A couple weeks ago I started working on an earth-fire hybrid Foggernaut guide. Your guess on fire is a little lower than what I see, but earth became significantly more useful with the revamp for tanking. Blockades can be used to block line of sight, movement paths, absorb a large amount of damage dealt to you, absorb damage taken by your allies while they are adjacent to them, and can be used without spending any WP or burning your own health. Foggernauts can also have the same amount of health as Sacriers since their health passive was changed to give +8% max HP per ally on top of the +20% HP effect it already had, but you will take 7% of damage dealt to your allies throughout the battle (the 7% is not redirected damage, but a penalty for the extra +8% HP per ally to rival the -12% HP when allies die as a Sacrier). The rails were also revamped to be a lot more useful for team mobility especially if you have the Cybot build and maintain Microbots between your turns so you can focus on attacking.

The stasis branch was revamped from being neutral damage (which has been removed from nearly all specialty spells) to being a 'neutral' element: stasis damage is modified with the average of your four elements (air+fire+earth+water/4) which is calculated for you and shown in a purple circle next to your health meter. Having a high average damage bonus is more difficult in lower levels but you can respec later.

I don't understand yet how the whole rail thing works for frogger, haven't really dwelved too deep into the mechanics appart from the basics, i've only saw that he can make a cute robot and equip some armor for one turn, which increases damage and ranger for his fire spells xD

Rails are created when two Microbots are placed linear to each other, but the maximum distance between them depends on your specialty levels. Rank the Microbot and Groove specialties to increase the maximum rail length so you can skate around over more of the battlefield. You can create and connect rails to wind throughout the battlefield, like setting a couple Microbots so you can peek around a corner to unleash double Flamethrower then zoom back behind the wall.

Fogginator is a burst attack specialty that increases your fire range, decreases your earth range, transforms your water damage bonus into earth (if you happen to have any water damage sitting around), reverts Cooling state to Overheating (so you can use the fire damage bonus two turns in a row), and some stuff for stasis.

About skills... is there a certain limit to what you can max?
I tought its, max everything as long as you grind enough skill exp, or is there a numerical cap of how many levels of skills can you have on a character? I mean, i'm aware about the - you can't have higher spell level than your base level, but i mean, how many spells if cap level can you have at the same time? And how can you figure out then how to distribute the rest of them.

Since the latest spell experience revamp you have a few options: four max level spells all in the same element, three max level spells in one element and two max level spells in a different element, or two max level spells in each of your three elements.

As a fire-water hybrid Eniripsa you can use Sadist Mark on multiple enemies early in the battle, keep your team healed during the battle, then when enemies die the Massacuring Mark passive will heal anything on your team (including summons) adjacent to the target while damaging your enemies adjacent to the target based on the total health of the defeated marked target. This combination allows you to heal throughout the battle while having an ace up your sleeve. Note that marks work on summons and will apply their effects when killed. When marked targets die the Massacuring Mark passive will also give you a fire damage bonus which lasts for the rest of the battle and does not have a duration limit.

Xelor and Eniripsa are pretty good, but Foggernaut is best suited against crowds of enemies with its area of effect spells. It reminds me of fire Cra from over a year ago but not as ridiculous.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté November 25, 2013, 17:53:20 | #11

(the 7% is not redirected damage, but a penalty for the extra +8% HP per ally to rival the -12% HP when allies die as a Sacrier)

Is the 7% dmg the Foggernaut takes reduced by it's own resistance stat or blockades if they are standing next to them?

Does the fogger take dmg if another players summons are hit?

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-12-30
posté November 25, 2013, 17:56:28 | #12

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 November 2013 17:53) *

(the 7% is not redirected damage, but a penalty for the extra +8% HP per ally to rival the -12% HP when allies die as a Sacrier)

Is the 7% dmg the Foggernaut takes reduced by it's own resistance stat or blockades if they are standing next to them?

Does the fogger take dmg if another players summons are hit?
No, Blockades do not cover the 7% you take, nor do resistances. If summons are out, foggers don't suffer the 7% penalty from them.

posté November 26, 2013, 20:06:06 | #13
Asked this question in the fogger section aswell, but i think ill get my answer here faster, so :

How do foggers support spells even work? :/I
've been trying to play fogger, but i can't seem ot understand why and how it works...

I've seen people make rails, but i just can't place more than one of those bots on the ground to make rails.
The motherfrogger always ends after one turn, with me being able to shoot like once or twice only with it, yet i've seen people ride in that thing for the whole battle duration.

Also same with frogginator, it always removes the armor after one turn, but yet again i've seen people just fight in it, turn after turn.

Am i not getting how some of the mechanics work or something?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté November 27, 2013, 12:01:52 | #14

Quote (Lawful @ 26 November 2013 20:06) *
Asked this question in the fogger section aswell, but i think ill get my answer here faster, so :

How do foggers support spells even work? :/I
've been trying to play fogger, but i can't seem ot understand why and how it works...

I've seen people make rails, but i just can't place more than one of those bots on the ground to make rails.
The motherfrogger always ends after one turn, with me being able to shoot like once or twice only with it, yet i've seen people ride in that thing for the whole battle duration.

Also same with frogginator, it always removes the armor after one turn, but yet again i've seen people just fight in it, turn after turn.

Am i not getting how some of the mechanics work or something?
What level is your Fogger?

The Motherfogger dissapear if:
the microbot you are standing on will loose it's charges (if you are standing on it and you are hit, the microbot will loose 1 charge per hit and it also loose charge 1 per turn by itself).

The more the charges on microbot, the longer you can stand in it.

You can make rails by placing 2 microbots at distance, in line with other microbot. However at the beggining you are limited with the distance at wich you can make rails. You need to increase speciality that increase "max rail size". You also need enough Control in order to make more then 1 microbot (you have only 1 basic Control without any passive leveled).

The microbot can travel on rails. If you are not standing on microbot cell, then it will not reduce the charges then you are hit. However if one of the microbots will loose all charges while you are on rail - the rail will dissapear, and so you will drop the Motherfogger form as it is active only on microbots and rails.

The cybot can repair microbots. You can also summon own microbots in new place while you are still in Motherfogger. It is handy that you may use that 1AP 1MP stasis spell to destroy 1 last charge of microbot that would dissapear the next turn and summon new microbot in it's place - doing that will allow you to keep fighting as motherfogger. You might not need to destroy the microbot on your own as long as you are sure that the microbot/rail that you are standing on will not dissapear in the turn the other microbot will loose final charge (example: if you have rails made of 3 microbots and one of them is gonna dissapear faster then the other 2).

You basically need as much charges and at least 2 control bonus in order to make effective gameplay as motherfogger. You also need to pay attention to each microbot. It is recommended to level up Microbot before leveling Motherfogger.