Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

PaulMundane's profile
Statistics
11 Posts (0.05 per day)
Most active in : Technical Issues & Bugs
posté April 01, 2014, 16:36:42 | #1
Sometimes entering/leaving screen on Wild Estate hangs on transistion black screen Ticket Number 201403101_103319

When leaving or entering the Bonta dig site on Wild Estate, the game gets stuck on the black screen. I can still type in guild chat, open sub windows such as inventory, but I can't move or see anything...
...because it's a black screen.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #709929  Replies : 0  Views : 79
posté March 31, 2014, 06:03:26 | #2
Adding to the pile here:

Disconnected in Chafer dungeon, and now I can't log back in. Game just floats on the connect screen. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

This was in Nox, if that helps.

EDIT: Should mention that I did try to relog three times before giving up. Just that the 'try again tomorrow' could be misleading.

This post has been edited by PaulMundane - March 31, 2014, 06:05:12.
Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #708911  Replies : 19  Views : 901
posté March 30, 2014, 16:13:58 | #3
Me as well. Came online to see if I was missing anything to finish the quest, but yeah...
I'm on Nox, if that's helpful.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #708537  Replies : 5  Views : 1227
posté March 23, 2014, 21:10:41 | #4

Quote (Taku- @ 23 March 2014 21:06) *
There's a lot of reasons this won't work so I'm going to sum it up: No.
Oh, I know. I was already getting too wordy, or I'd have started to list the negatives. As I said, it's just been stuck in my head; and it made sense to share it here.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #704887  Replies : 7  Views : 548
posté March 23, 2014, 20:27:30 | #5
One of those ideas that would never work, but I want to share OK, so quick opening disclaimer. This idea would never work. It would be a coding nightmare, and probably hated by as many people would like it, making it from a marketing perspective a huge waste of time.

That said, I’ve had an idea that’s been burning the back of my mind, and I wanted to share it. Here goes.

So; I’ve just started watching the Wakfu Animated, and I’ve sort of fallen in love with the Shushu Guardian idea. For those not watching the show; Shushu items are given to a guardian to use, so they don’t fall into the wrong hands. The idea (I think) is that these guardians would be able to resist temptation better than an untrained person who might end up with the cursed item instead. It very rarely goes that way, and sooner or later, the guardian ends up being taken over by the demon in their item.

ANYways, I thought that’d be sort of neat. There are cursed items in game, and I thought it’d be sort of interesting if they had a downside…sort of. Here’s what I thought.

First off, ownership of a cursed item comes with a transformation ability. The character can become a Shushu version of themselves. The appearance would be effected by a mix of class/gender/the cursed item, but would be mean looking. The new transformation would have a whole new set of powers; similar to the class powers of the character, but twisted, demonic, and more powerful. Using the transformation would come with a slight penalty in Wis, and by default XP. In exchange? Vast power! Once a player changes though, he or she is stuck in Shushu mode for the remainder of combat.

Once the character transforms; their view of the battlefield changes too. Sidekicks go on auto, and all creatures on the board, friend or foe, become a generic shadow monster thing (no stat change mind you, they just all look alike to the player). Group, Guild and local chat get turned off too; making it difficult to tell who is with you and who is against you. This is one of the downsides to letting the Shushu ride you; everything on the board becomes a target.

So far though, there is little on the way of a curse. The player can choose to transform during solo fights, and just stay normal when running dungeons with friends. This is where you mix it up a bit. See, adding the cursed item also adds a secret stat; a percentage chance of changing involuntarily. It only goes up a wee bit each combat that the player is in, but can go up higher each time the player CHOOSES to use the Shushu. There is always a chance they change involuntarily (checked on round two of combat, just for laughs) and that chance goes up each time they are in a fight.

Also for laughs, an involuntary change stuns the character for one round, and during the stun time, the player gets dark-screened (with a cutesy pic of a Shushu so they know their computer didn’t boot them or whatever) That way they’re even MORE uncertain who is friend and who is foe when they get back. This makes the character a walking time bomb in a group.

Again, this is not an idea that would ever be implemented. There are too many questions of balance, mixed with the amount of work that would go into a system used by only a (relatively) few players.

Still, it’s an idea that I needed to write down, and may as well share.

TL;DR: it’d be neat if items existed that changed the characters into powerful monsters; but at a price.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #704863  Replies : 7  Views : 548
posté March 21, 2014, 23:16:17 | #6
I kinda like the idea of needed water as well; mostly because of the gourd comment in the flavor text (above). Unfortunately, I also think it'd be difficult to implement, and likely not worth the time to code and introduce, as it'd be as hated by many as it was liked by others.

Still, a neat idea.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #699037  Replies : 12  Views : 1470
posté March 21, 2014, 00:04:55 | #7
Completely fair. Venting is sometimes the most effective way to clear the mind; get a better perspective, and find a solution.

I honestly think that perhaps they've hit everyone that exploited the bug (intentionally or no) and hope to sort it out later. Sounds rough, but letting it slide could be worse. I've got nothing to base that on save for hope and belief in whatever system's kicking around.

As for Ankama's past performance; I've got nothing. I'll be honest, I'm new here.

Quote (arthuriko1 @ 21 March 2014 00:01) *
It's the same friend, if you're wondering. Also, the bug isn't multimen related. It happens when the item trade bugs and there's a "phantom of the item" on your inventory... then you just wait until the server kicks you out on a maintenance and boom, dupped items. I heard it today from someone in Remingtom. Nobody knew about it before. Be well, and stop acting suspicious about everyone, makes you look dumb.
I'm not suspicious; I'm horribly cynical; mostly because a lot of the posts that I've read ARE suspect and read not so much as 'I did nothing wrong' so much as 'I paid you and can do whatever I want'.

That said; you're right I should keep it to myself. I'll be honest here; knowing that your friend has two of you seperately coming on to point out that (s)he is a great person tends to make me believe it.

So, yeah, I'm sorry I went on the offensive on this post. In all fairness it was the only one written with enough thought (and grammar) that I was willing to take it to bat.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #698261  Replies : 29  Views : 1400
posté March 20, 2014, 23:52:09 | #8
You are right that posts like this will continue to pop up. Sadly, they are a wasted effort, and often completely out of line.

So far; I've read one from an 'honest person' who shouldn't be punished for just a few items. I've read one that didn't bother denying, but felt it unfair anyways because they paid for their sub. One was from someone who felt the ban was unfair 'cause they'd just been playing normally 'for the past few days'. There was one from someone completely bewildered as you say; but they only mentioned they were banned, and seemed genuinely confused about it. It may not be connected for all I know.

Yours is the second to be 'for a friend', who would never NEVER do such a thing. An innocent soul who likely set off this bug by accident. I'm sure your friend was just about to report it too, right? Just like everyone else who accidentally doubled up on items. Heck, I'm sure they maybe did report it, as they frowned so hard on bug exploitation.

I want to thank you, btw, as yours is the first post that mentions the Multi-men connection to the whole mess. It hasn't been mentioned on the threads yet that the Multi-Men were a part of the bug; and I was wondering.

So; who told you about it? Did you report it the moment you heard? I mean, as a loyal from the start member and all. Did your friend report it? Do they have a ticket number? It would probably help for a clean fix of the mess.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #698245  Replies : 29  Views : 1400
posté March 20, 2014, 19:14:08 | #9

Quote (Tropical-Ace @ 20 March 2014 18:59) *
While I'm really happy for Nox's lack of a rollback I'm still in the boat of people that think there is likely a duping situation going on there. The sudden flux of Relics at the Almanx and the sudden price drop on certain items is a decent sign of something fishy going on.

My question is, while I understand the ToS and Ankama policy is to not disclose those who were sanctioned and what they were sanctioned for, is the community going to at least find out if a certain amount of people were banned and on which server?
Personally speaking, I'm not sure I want to know that. I certainly don't want to know WHO was banned (though I'm sure there will be talk; specially if some of the big names don't log on in the next few days).

HOWever; I'd like to know WHAT the punishment was: in full. I think that it might be good community wise to know what the punishment for exploitation is. I don't believe that everyone who exploited this bug Mwuahahaha-ed about their evil ways as they did it.

Point being, sometimes KNOWING the repercussions is a better deterrent than hoping on the goodness of people.

Also? And I might be alone in this, but I hope that permanent ban isn't the punishment. I think character and account erasure is the way to go. IF someone really was just looking to screw the game over; being erased will drive them off. Someone who didn't think about the crime correctly, and really does love Wakfu can simply work up from the bottom all over again. In either situation, the account should be perma locked out of Beta; since they didn't report the bug either there, or in the main game.

Honestly my opinion though. Feel free to disagree.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #697973  Replies : 74  Views : 1894
posté March 20, 2014, 16:39:15 | #10
Just want to see if I understand a point on this; bear with me.

The problem was also in Beta right? Only anyone who found it there stayed hush hush? I ask because it feels like the folks on Dev really didn't know about it till, like, yesterday.

Doesn't that rustle anyone else real bad? I mean, it's one thing for everyone to take advantage of it when the problem's out in the wild, but the lads and lassies playing Beta are supposed to be watching for stuff like this. That's what Beta is really. It's not a sneak peek (well, it's not JUST a sneak peek) it's a chance to iron out problems before they hit the main servers.

I mention because I wonder if some folks will think that the Beta players that are punished should get less slack. Personally, I think they should get equal punishment; if not worse. It's not only (some, possibly a small faction of) the Beta players that let this slide; but it's also likely (again some of) them that introduced the exploit to others in the real.

A rollback would suck, but really I can't be mad at Ankama for it. At least, not as much. The whole point of Beta playing a game is to try and avoid this sort of thing.

Personal opinion of course.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #697637  Replies : 164  Views : 2966