Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

BilloThePillo's profile
Statistics
122 Posts (0.09 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 14, 2013, 20:19:26 | #1
"themed dungeons" This plural is important, as wild estate currently has no dungeons at all!!

Thread : News  Preview message : #591461  Replies : 59  Views : 2749
posté August 10, 2013, 19:02:41 | #2
I was always under the impression that the fouxes in pandala are recent relations to the lenalds on wabbit land. I seem to remember a piece of dialogue suggesting that, but I could just be confused (especially given the sprite re-using). Either way, they were definitely on wabbit land first, since wabbit land already existed when dofus came out of beta, while pandala wasn't added until a month or two after (maybe three?).

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #589487  Replies : 24  Views : 3892
posté August 07, 2013, 13:54:26 | #3
Chaos Realms Wakfu Expansion Idea: Chaos Realms

So you thought the Ogrest's Chaos had just stopped? You probably thought it was a happy coincidence and went on with your adventures without ever looking deeper. Here is the real story, if you care to hear it:

For weeks now, the sky had been filled with an inexorable torrent of chaos, and the four Jonks formed a rare alliance to resolve this issue once and for all. After much frustrated shouting and table punching, it came to their attention that Astrub had been spared from the chaos for many years now. With this in mind, they rushed off to confront Master Bossowl.

The owls were always secretive about the origin of their powers - they did not seem to worship any one god or goddess - but after much persuasion Master Bossowl decided that it would do no harm to teach the Jonks the mystic spell that kept the chaos at bay. It was simple in theory: all of that negative energy, resonating from the peak of Mt. Zinit, was to be diverted to an alternate dimension. Thanks to this spell, the world of twelve seemed at peace for many months. This was far from the reality of the situation, however.

And now, with so much energy passing between the two dimensions, the boundaries between them begins to crack and splinter. Strange rifts have started appearing in each nation.
What secrets does this curious realm hold, this alternate reality, ravaged for months on end by an unrelenting storm of Ogrest's Chaos. If properly equipped, an intrepid adventurer such as yourself might just be able to cross the rift... If you dare!

This hypothetical wakfu update would include:
- Content from level 100-150 in a warped and chaotic version of each of the four nations, although the nations have shrunk to smaller islands due to the never-ending chaos.
- One quest line per nation, guided by scared and vulnerable clan masters who have had to hide away from creatures of the chaos, and some familiar monsters which have evolved to compete.
- Familiar monsters with updated graphics, that look more ravaged and battle-worn, or perhaps stasified (or even wakfu..ified?)
- Four areas per nation, containing 6 monster families and dungeons (some nation specific, some shared)

- Headquarters, occupied by putrid gobballs and mutated tofus.
- Trade bridge ruins, containing mysterious creatures of the chaos.
- A nation specific area, containing two nation specific monster families.
- The mines, occupied by a group of riktus bandits who came upon arcane secrets while wandering deep in the mines, which disturbed them both mentally and physically...

Hope you like my idea! It was a lot of fun to write. I was drawing from games like GW and PoE, which often have 'hardcore' versions of the same areas, and the need for more 100-150 content, as the level cap increases. I thought I could tie in some lore about why the chaos was removed from the game (other than 'it was really buggy') and I think it worked out pretty neatly!

This post has been edited by BilloThePillo - August 07, 2013, 13:59:19.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #587803  Replies : 0  Views : 174
posté August 07, 2013, 12:37:01 | #4
I like this mechanic, but I do find it incredibly frustrating at times. I just don't think a 30 second turn timer is long enough, considering how slow most of the animations in this game are (especially beacon + sneak, oh god what a slow combo). It would be nice if animations were sped up a little, at the moment I feel like I'm spending most of my turns waiting for things to happen.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #587785  Replies : 26  Views : 2078
posté August 07, 2013, 12:12:43 | #5
It would be cool to see 'wild boars' or something at the wild estate. I picked forfut because I was disappointed, when it came out, to see that there was only actually 1 mob family (I thought ghouls and borbats were going to be two separate families).

Speaking of which, I'd like to see more cross-family mobs. I realise it makes planting less intuitive, but different mobs have different play styles to defeat, and mixing the mobs a little could create more variety in fights, making the game a little more interesting overall.

Thread : News  Preview message : #587777  Replies : 95  Views : 3825
posté July 30, 2013, 17:04:05 | #6

Quote (Nanaers @ 30 July 2013 16:31) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 30 July 2013 15:57) *

Quote (JerryDB @ 30 July 2013 15:54) *

Quote (Gauri @ 30 July 2013 14:42) *
Another stupid thread. Whoever drop it propably will be spaming on chat for months -.- to rise his/her balls
blah no offence really long quote bubbles are annoying blah.
It's 0.01 on mobs, 0.1 on boss.
If thats confirmed it cant be that hard tbh...
Only 10 times rarer than rampart amulet ^^

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #582555  Replies : 74  Views : 5638
posté July 30, 2013, 16:34:52 | #7
It probably still roughly follows the same progression. You just have to take into account the fact that damage does not start at 0 on level 0. Let's say a spell starts with 5 damage, is 55 damage at lvl 100, it will be 105 damage at lvl 200, not 110 damage (and it may be 104 damage at lvl 199).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #582473  Replies : 14  Views : 628
posté July 30, 2013, 16:30:44 | #8

Quote (nachtengel @ 30 July 2013 16:21) *
there is a dungeon finder thing in dofus, and no one uses it. why? because random groups suck.

wakfu isn't any different in that aspect. also please notice when everything is instant, you will no longer need friends, only random people for everything. aka guilds become useless.

please stop asking for stupid features.
You contradicted yourself here.
Will a group finder be useless because random groups suck?
Or will everyone using the group finder mean guilds are useless?

Pick one.

Besides which, the point is for lower level players to find people to play with. If you managed to get to level 100 without finding anyone to play and do dungeons with, then you maybe need to work on your social skills, but actually with a group finder in place, this is less likely to happen.
Sure you will get some 'noobs' or people that you just don't enjoy partying with, but you'll find some nice people too, who you can then add to your friends list. So you see, a group finder wouldn't make friends or guilds useless, it would complement these features by bringing people together... hopefully.

This post has been edited by BilloThePillo - July 30, 2013, 16:31:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #582459  Replies : 23  Views : 1025
posté July 30, 2013, 16:04:26 | #9
I already kind of have a spare ring slot in my build, but the choice between 2 crits and 20% damage (including the set bonus) or 1 AP is a tough one... It would allow me to update my ammy I guess, but there aren't many options for a decent fire amulet (one or two will be added with this patch though).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #582399  Replies : 74  Views : 5638
posté July 30, 2013, 15:55:28 | #10
Yup, definitely a drop. Some of the other drops look cool too (though more of a side-grade from my current gear, and I can't see anything with spell levels on it, so I may just stick with what I've got aside from ammy/ring).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #582365  Replies : 74  Views : 5638
posté July 30, 2013, 15:23:31 | #11
Showed up in the previous patch? No lol. This has been around for aaages. The first time I noticed it was around february I think? Hehehe. It certainly made leeching less painful, but I guess it needed fixing.

(cyndiloo @ 2013-07-30 15:13:52)the candies say one fight, i just thought if you died you still got to have it until you killed something.

Yeah, the bug is that if you die, but your team wins the fight (before your 3 turns are up), you keep the candy. Hopefully you will still keep the candy when your team loses after this patch.

This post has been edited by BilloThePillo - July 30, 2013, 15:25:06.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #582297  Replies : 10  Views : 757
posté July 30, 2013, 15:08:11 | #12
Is it definitely a drop? and not the reward of some long winded quest/achievement series (like the pets from frigost)?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #582263  Replies : 74  Views : 5638
posté July 30, 2013, 13:58:47 | #13
Interestingly the world in GGG's game is similarly constructed to guild wars and guild wars 2 (many instances). It could be that something to do with this structure is what allows them to instant patch, while Wakfu, and apparently WoW, can not. Also LoL have had incredibly long maintenances and buggy patches from time to time. You can bet there's a lot of moaning and wailing on those forums when it happens...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #582125  Replies : 130  Views : 3510
posté July 30, 2013, 13:53:49 | #14

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 30 July 2013 13:47) *
And again: I know smaller companies that are doing a lot more without ANY downtime ever. They push massive content updates several times a month and at max the server is rebooted to patch on the fly. The reboot takes 60 seconds for them btw.

If Ankama cannot keep up with such modern standards because of money then they have to charge more.

@Dedlaw: No, wrong. I want them to fix it, but I expect them to not have such problems occur in the first place. Only Ankama shows such permanent incompetence when it comes to patch day...
Care to name a few? Because the other side of the argument have given NAMED examples, so your anonymous ones don't really stand up. Your statements are completely unverifiable until you give sufficient information.
Edit: ok you've done so since I started writing this point ^^ never mind...

I get that you want this to change, you wish Ankama could be better. We all do, but the way you are going about it is... just rude. You're rude to Ankama, you're rude to your fellow gamers. Maybe if you don't like what Ankama are doing with this game, you should be spending your money (and your time) elsewhere.

This post has been edited by BilloThePillo - July 30, 2013, 13:55:21.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #582107  Replies : 130  Views : 3510
posté July 30, 2013, 11:17:39 | #15

Quote (JerryDB @ 30 July 2013 11:05) *
How you should post
Here are our goals we aim for this update - simple and realistic.
Post ALL changes 1 week before the update.

Result happier player base and more money in the bank.
Goals: yes this would be fine.
Post all changes 1 week before the update? Well sure, if you don't mind waiting another week for each update, so that even they know what all the changes will be 1 week in advance. They would probably also have to change their infrastructure for this, so that they can start working on the next patch in the week between finishing a patch/posting patchnotes, and releasing the patch.

Still, perhaps it would be a good thing, but I don't think it's really an option that ankama will be willing to look into.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #581857  Replies : 4  Views : 475
posté July 30, 2013, 10:17:19 | #16
I definitely do not think wakfu should go full f2p. However, there is clearly an issue with both the current f2p experience, and the advertisement of the game as free (seriously Troyle, can you do something about this? it's such a common complaint).

Hopefully the planned rehaul of incarnam and astrub will address the first part. In fact even the current map of astrub is so diverse, but the monsters and resources found in each area... aren't. And someone mentioned it being like a free scoop from an icecream shop. It's more like going to an icecream shop and getting some ice cubes in a cone made of cardboard. You can see that it resembles the paid product but... it's really not that similar. If astrub were more like a down-sized nation (for lower level of course) it might be a bit better. Zinit on the other hand is great already, and the number of dungeons in astrub is pretty sufficient, but maybe the jobs could be a bit more developed.

But really, this game is not remotely close to being a free to play game. I'm glad it's not, for the reasons others have mentioned here, but clearly when people start playing expecting an f2p game, and find that it's gated by a subscription, they're going to feel disappointed, or even cheated, and that's one more person who could have been an excellent friend or guildmate, but who won't play enough to get that far

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #581779  Replies : 63  Views : 5113
posté July 29, 2013, 19:11:33 | #17
Is the cra's blinding arrow definitely getting a scalding effect? bit weird since the cra can't trigger it, but decent for my fire cra/enu combo.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #581375  Replies : 121  Views : 8186
posté June 03, 2013, 18:57:31 | #18
Larduous is about as bad to be honest. 35 icehorn epaulettes? Dear god.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #553681  Replies : 8  Views : 658
posté May 27, 2013, 10:07:43 | #19
Not sure I like the idea of non-tradeable things, especially with the limited inventory space. It could be a promising idea, though. You'd still probably need to leech alts to get them to catch up level-wise though?

And yeah, sounds fun, but content is still *fairly* limited. Unless you're farming for imperial crab/puddly/etc. gear, which could take you up to level 100 in itself... Since frigost, by the time you get to level 100 you have a lot of options these days, and UB runs are the highlight of my week!

I still think second characters getting 2x xp and so on would be a nice solution, especially considering it is already implemented in dofus.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #549781  Replies : 65  Views : 4080
posté May 27, 2013, 02:00:27 | #20
stryve: "frigost mobs are not even remotely close." Have you fought them since the update? you can get 3 mil xp from a mob of 6 polar cracklers. It's very worthwhile.

Dofus' star system is another good system, and I would not be against its implementation in Wakfu.

ForIinJ: "high level privilege spurting out all over the place" I sincerely hope this was ironic.

"Our highest are in their 90's, with hurl gear and we've never even seen a whisper let along fought one." If you know an eni you can probably kill them, just not massive mobs. To be honest I power-level my characters on challenges , so I can join in with my own friends, who are doing the (current) end-game.

Other than that, I completely agree with your stance on the topic question. I definitely enjoyed the low/mid level zones when starting out on Dathura a few months back.

Still, there are a few things that could be done to ease leveling alts - if we are at this stage we have probably experienced the mid-low lvl content the first time! 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #549623  Replies : 65  Views : 4080