Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

sevenatbest's profile
Statistics
969 Posts (0.74 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 16, 2014, 21:36:37 | #1

Quote (Cabran @ 16 October 2014 18:15) *

Quote (Delaz @ 16 October 2014 18:08) *
At least since the panda revamp isn't slated until December, we should expect new endgame content(most likely Xelorium) in November along with revamps of course.

and another thing, I hope new content for the foreseeable future isn't all going to be:

- A dimension themed after a character class.

- for increased level cap only.

- one area.

- one dungeon.

It's getting very predictable and boring already, and Enurado is fugly btw.
i suggested level 100+ nation monsters as 24 hour challenges purchased by the government as well as adding more lore to the game by way of Political Quests that would function like the old Ultimate Boss quests with branching or arcing story lines based on nation alliances and island or territory control. Also adding nation guard outposts that guilds can take a permit and build a battlefield or mini dungeon

To me that seems like it should occupy higher level players, throw in some more mid to upper level mount zinnit as your nation races to reach the precipice of Ogrest's Chaos.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788027  Replies : 71  Views : 2039
posté October 08, 2014, 17:58:07 | #2
As a cra I do find myself in the rare situation where a good dagger or axe wit its L shaped 3 cell aoe serve me well.

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #785812  Replies : 3  Views : 417
posté October 07, 2014, 22:18:29 | #3
damned curved earth…

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785475  Replies : 8  Views : 388
posté October 06, 2014, 10:41:48 | #4

Phoenix: It will not be possible to return to a Haven World phoenix if the player is not part of the guild who owns the Haven-World.Add Quote Here
Booo on this decision!! This takes away the ability of the players to decide how best to utilize their Haven-Worlds. My guild for example has made arrangements with another guild who does not have their own HW to save at our HW Phoenix so they have easy access to our farmland and ores in our HW for a contribution to our construction.

This decision takes away that "sandbox" feel of utilizing our connections with another guild and directly interferes with plans we had already made.

Please do not implement this. There is literally no reason I can think of to go through with this change. It has a direct negative affect on not only my guild but any others what want to provide a quick access point to other guilds when a member of our guild is not online to open the guild gate meant to lock out those we do not wish to use our HW.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #784842  Replies : 105  Views : 4809
posté October 02, 2014, 01:17:32 | #5
+1

That thing is in need of an update. i've been playing for a while too. I remember when you HAD to go into a players bag to purchase items, then when Ankama added the windows viewable from outside the bag everyone lost all their items priced at zero that had been previously in a blocked off room!

ah, memories!

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #783304  Replies : 2  Views : 113
posté October 02, 2014, 01:00:43 | #6
add level 100+ monsters to government purchased quests By adding the 100+ level mobs to each nation by way of 24 hour government purchasable quests in each zone, You give the incentive to citizens, governments, and their allied nation to support the market to have continued access to these high level mobs. You also get to keep the zones balanced and from overpopulating with too high level mobs for the lower level beginner players, but still manage to mingle low level players with high level players.

These government purchased high level mob quests should replace the Kill all Alpha mob boss quests if at least only during the 24hrs they are purchased. (because it's just annoying and silly to spend the kama only to have that one pop up 2 or 3 times in a row.)

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #783299  Replies : 0  Views : 54
posté October 02, 2014, 00:53:24 | #7

Quote (Neneko88 @ 08 September 2014 18:01) *
Glad the focus is on nations and the guilds have to choose a nation (this way people will care more about their nation since they will fight for it)

Sabi we need special bonuses for conquerable islands..please pass our ideas..

sadida kingdom (+1WP and +planting speed)
bilbiza (+20% speed hp regeneration after fight)
monk island (come back to life if you die after the fight)
forfut (+20% resists and +10% stasis) (stasis and wakfu is something they should add later on)

I know it's a lot to ask but we need level 100+ monster families in the nations (might be easier content than making new islands).
the government purchased quests should have the 100+ level monsters.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #783295  Replies : 43  Views : 2271
posté October 01, 2014, 20:22:20 | #8
suggestion for Political revamp The role of Government for a nation should add more lore to the game. This could be achieved by adding Political quests/achievements. These achievement quests would be unlocked by a nation's archivist (replacing the role of challenger) These Political Quests would function in a similar way as the old system of Quests to fight Ultimate Bosses, with the Archivist having to visit and speak with the Clan Member/Master of a specified zone.

The Archivist position of government.

This position would replace the current Challenger position, and still retain the ability to run quests in a nation's controlled zone/territory. After the Archivist speaks with the CM of a zone it would unlock new threads for asking questions to a specific CM to obtain more information (much like the quest for the Crocoborro Sword in Cania Swamps, i.e. speak with CM of Cania Swamps, learn information go talk to Master Hoot/Boss Owl, get book on the origins of CM then talk to CM again and finally boat is available to travel to small island where the sword can be obtained after a fight)

After the Archivist had gathered all the information (perhaps a unique item would be given or obtained from a quest in a zone) he would then have to go to the meeting rooms of his nation where there will now be a room dedicated to their role with a crafting machine that can only be used by the archivist to craft books from the information (this would contain the lore or information that he had gathered with the name of current governor woven into the story and always signed, "Archivist of nation - players name.

There would need to be a library of all completed quests in the form of a book written (crafted) by the archivist and available to be read only, not taken into personal inventory. In this way other nations could do a little espionage with the aide of a skeleton key to gain access to a nation's archivist library to discover which political quest they are working towards. That information would be useful to the Governor of enemy nations that might want to ally themselves with a nation to complete their allied nation quests.

You could start with only 1 political quest for each nation (5) and then one more political quest that would require nations to ally and open up their allied nation quests (4) for a total of 9 quests to start with.

The end goal of these political quests in my vision would be towards gaining access to the peak of Mount Zinnit and the chance to face off against Ogrest. There are already the lore books purchased from Boss Owl and the Otami Disciples hideout in Astrub. Perhaps these could be used as a starting point for an archivist to begin his important work

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #783218  Replies : 0  Views : 83
posté September 28, 2014, 09:57:10 | #9
you can ankbox Sabi directly with any report of abuse and add attachments of screen caps. I had to do the same two years ago when a player was continually rez killing me (using a kenKo to revive me, which at the time took away the 5 minute non pvp targetable state, to kill me over and over again)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781779  Replies : 1  Views : 138
posté September 27, 2014, 02:59:31 | #10
some of the Meridia were really difficult or time consuming to do, often requiring a lvl 35 in a specific profession which added to the grindiness of the task. the time to reward ration was a bit off for some of the Meridia.

But an offer to do the more time consuming one for x5 or even x10 almokens seems like a nice compromise.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #781368  Replies : 1  Views : 98
posté September 26, 2014, 13:10:54 | #11

Quote (popcornography @ 25 September 2014 21:16) *
This guy seems totally legitimate! His opinion is almost worth something.
your latest crush? I feel like I should be jealous.

Thread : New Bugs  Preview message : #781056  Replies : 5  Views : 330
posté September 26, 2014, 09:49:49 | #12
Nox or Remington? We might be able to help each other out.

Thread : Haven Worlds  Preview message : #780973  Replies : 4  Views : 286
posté September 26, 2014, 09:45:54 | #13

Quote (Axanamander @ 26 September 2014 00:38) *
There is a huge issue when it comes to PvPing and flagging.
A 50 level difference is far too large to make PvP in any way fair or a safe and fun feature.
Anyone 20 levels higher already has a huge advantage when it comes to gear and stats but add an extra 30 and then it's just overkill.
There is no fun to be had when looking for other PvPers and suddenly getting ganked by someone with over 4k HP dealing 400 damage per attack when you're barely breaking 1k and dealing 200.

The level limit should be drastically lowered or why even have your flag up if you're just as likely to get one shotted as much as finding someone of a similar level?

Also, when it comes to PvP Flag groups, it should be restricted to equal times.
So a group of 2-3 should only have the instigator of the fight go 1vs1.
I mean, it just ruins PvP flagging.

Go all out when it comes to straight up murdering and protecting eco-systems and dealing with outlaws.
But PvP should be fair, not hoping you don't get attacked by multiple players or people of WAY too high a level.
would be better if there was a modifier to the merit received for excessive level disparity or 6v1 to the point where it would not be worth it to attack such lower levels and ganking. But this is Ankama and THEY NEVER GET ANYTHING RIGHT ON THE FIRST TRY. This is first real attempt at a pvp system in wakfu so except a lot of changes, soon ™ 

Thread : Other Features  Preview message : #780972  Replies : 2  Views : 171
posté September 26, 2014, 09:40:27 | #14
right now as the game works only calamar is conquerable. in closed beta there were a total of 4 islands for nations to fight over, Calamar, Bilbiza, Maya, an Lords Pasture. each one offered something to the controlling nation, including the chance to get the gelano.

I agree there needs to be ways to take territories from other nations, but the old system of taking an island by fighting a NPC Boss would take too long for Ankama to design one for every zone in the game. building guard outposts and fighting over those in each zone by guilds allied to a nation would be a nice work around (and leave the islands with the old boss fight system)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780970  Replies : 1  Views : 145
posté September 26, 2014, 07:56:06 | #15
there were drhellers and riktus inside and at the very end was a fun fight with a firey young gobblarog with some pretty epic metal guitar riffs and every strike against the lil gobblarog would produce a grunt to accompany the epic metal guitar riffs!

it's also tied to an achievement in kara which is no longer possible to complete.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #780948  Replies : 2  Views : 351
posté September 24, 2014, 13:02:04 | #16

Quote (EarthMinion @ 24 September 2014 04:16) *
Simply put:

The game never had a competitive nature as far as gearing goes(a competitive aspect of the game would included things such as strategy and use of spells within battle), the only people that got gear were people that could afford spending copious amounts of time on gearing their character properly. This was not competitive but rather a sad reality for the people that could not afford such time demands. The new system allows players who once could not afford the more luxurious items of the game to making them a tad more achievable. In my defense, I now have hope in obtaining my "dream gear". Please do not confuse competitive nature with things such as obtaining gear, it is all luck/time. Moving on...

With the new changes it is no longer necessary to spend a dime on the actual game itself in its full entirety; so complaining about the cost is a waste of breath. Enjoy the game for what it is, or leave. Wasting others peoples time by complaining on the forums is both thoughtless and foolhardy. Thank you.

Grenade
actually, in closed beta it did have more of this in the form of island conquest I think they called it. Jelly island used to be a controllable island, where with the right lvl of chef and the controlling gov putting out all three challenges they were called then you could get yourself a crack at a +1ap no strings or debuffs attached ring. So I became gov, I started wars, backroom deals, broke those deals and did everything I could to get my nation that ring. there is more to the story but you will have to go look up Zulander in the forum search if you care to learn more.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779987  Replies : 126  Views : 2070
posté September 23, 2014, 19:15:07 | #17
leave the level numbers off the player tool tip and take it off of the contacts list.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779594  Replies : 22  Views : 507
posté September 23, 2014, 13:15:19 | #18
was having a similar issue. I quit my client and restarted it with no more issues to log in

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #779389  Replies : 8  Views : 251
posté September 23, 2014, 09:12:54 | #19
all of your gathering professions because seal of companionship after that or in conjunction just pick one or two to focus on, I'd say one weapon prof and one armor prof and handyman is always helpful to expand your haven chest and bag to hold all the materials you will be gathering

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779276  Replies : 2  Views : 137
posté September 22, 2014, 16:44:19 | #20
Let's talk about the future of the nations' trade bridges They have all pretty much turned to ghost towns except for a few random souls just passing through looking for a zaap or crafting runes. Gone are the fluorescing markets, crafters, and group searchers, now they are either congregated around the Temple of the Almanax scriptures or one of the nation outposts.

So what to do to fix this situation?

PvP has returned in Wakfu, this time not in the form of island conquest as we saw in the closed beta around 2011, but with Outlaws and Guards. An outlaw of course is anyone who breaks your nations laws or is an enemy of your home nation. In Wakfu magazine #3, I believe it was, there was an article on pvp and it mentioned Guard outposts that outlaws could destroy or take over.

I propose the old trade bridges be turned into these guard outposts where guilds can purchase permits to build regional guard outposts (that could be like small haven worlds where guilds can invest resources like haven worlds to build a mini dungeon, or battlefield with walls, archer towers, gates etc. but also gain a percentage buff to all national guards (or Riktus Clan depending on who controls them.) of the nations.

I'll add more ideas to this as I have time, including being able to use the Prims in the zones to invest your wakfu and stasis % to gain + planting rate and + harvesting rate, respectively, but I wanted to share the idea of guard outposts first to hear feedback. (Devs are welcome too

Zülander

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #778993  Replies : 1  Views : 124