Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Velore's profile
Statistics
232 Posts (0.17 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 05, 2013, 13:24:58 | #1
I guess I'll just repost here:

I just don't get it. Ankama is so lazy at this one...

Low/Mid level items will always cost 1 Kama because:

1. They are utterly useless (~65% of all in-game items are CRAP)
2. Low/Mid levels have way too many too weak "trash" items. It's always a better choice to just pick the Set with Wisdom/AP/MP/HP/Ini bonuses.
3. Leeching Party = No need for Low/Mid level items AT ALL = Items are useless in any other way (You can't DO anything with them. You can't salvage them for mats, you can't disenchant them etc.) = Everything is worthless and costs 1 Kama - Forever.

And this will not change. Not even after inflation patch. What is useless stays useless = worthless.

Solutions:

0. Nerf Leech Exp. Right now real character itemization starts since level ~60+. Should be since level 20+.
1. Completly revamp utterly useless items so we can have some use of them... or delete them completly. Who needs some random Wand with +2% Healing Bonus...
2. Give us something to do with them. Being a part of the lvl 100 crafting recipe was a nice idea! Tofu Shovels can be sold for 100 Kamas - That's great! Sadly... not many items are used for these recipes.
3. Give us a choice - Item Set with Set Bonuses -or- no Set at all - but we would be able to combine various items into our "perfect" build of stats.

Right now Set Items beats Non-Set Items because of AP/MP Bonuses. This is nice... but it causes almost all Non-Set items to be worthless. Sometimes you just need one or two items in Non-Set Slots.

Eppauletes for example - These are one of the most expensive items in the game. That's good. They are worth so much not only because of the rarity - but also because people know that "these eppauletes can be mixed with this set so it's the best choice for them" and so it stimulates the economy with higher prices.

tl;dr version:
Inflation is cheap, work hard and revamp crap items so they will gain some value.

PS. Memorable Rollback almost destroyed this game in terms of community. Now it will be crippled in terms of the economy. So many unprofessional decisions. I wonder if it's because of one blind person - some sorf of Developer-Leader with a bad vision of this game... or simply the entire Wakfu development team is so inexperienced.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #516867  Replies : 292  Views : 16100
posté April 05, 2013, 01:12:45 | #2
I just don't get it. Ankama is so lazy at this one...

Low/Mid level items will always cost 1 Kama because:

1. They are utterly useless (~65% of all in-game items are CRAP)
2. Low/Mid levels have way too many too weak "trash" items. It's always a better choice to just pick the Set with Wisdom/AP/MP/HP/Ini bonuses.
3. Leeching Party = No need for Low/Mid level items AT ALL = Items are useless in any other way (You can't DO anything with them. You can't salvage them for mats, you can't disenchant them etc.) = Everything is worthless and costs 1 Kama - Forever.

And this will not change. Not even after inflation patch. Wrothless stays worthless.

Solutions:

0. Nerf Leech Exp. Right now real character itemization starts since level ~60+. Should be since level 20+.
1. Completly revamp utterly useless items so we can have some use of them... or delete them completly. Who needs some random Wand with +2% Healing Bonus...
2. Give us something to do with them. Being a part of the lvl 100 crafting recipe was a nice idea! Tofu Shovels can be sold for 100 Kamas - That's great! Sadly... not many items are used for these recipes.
3. Give us a choice - Item Set with Set Bonuses -or- no Set at all - but we would be able to combine various items into our "perfect" build of stats.

Right now Set Items beats Non-Set Items because of AP/MP Bonuses. This is nice... but it causes almost all Non-Set items to be worthless. Sometimes you just need one or two items in Non-Set Slots.

Eppauletes for example - These are one of the most expensive items in the game. That's good. They are worth so much not only because of the rarity - but also because people know that "these eppauletes can be mixed with this set so it's the best choice for them" and so it stimulates the economy with higher prices.

tl;dr version:
Inflation is cheap, work hard and revamp crap items so they will gain some value.

This post has been edited by Velore - April 05, 2013, 01:18:06.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #516551  Replies : 20  Views : 1258
posté April 04, 2013, 19:16:15 | #3
Economy sucks because items sucks (mostly). If you want to stimulate the economy - revamp the useless items (like 70% of all items are utter crap).

Inflation won't change anything except of increasing the difficulty of getting better items for casual players who can't afford to farm Kamas 8+ hours per day.

You are basicly ruining the ruined. Items costs 1 Kama because they are useless and worthless. Revamping the items would take too much time, huh? But it's the only way to fix this situation. Inflation will change nothing... not for the good.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #516241  Replies : 292  Views : 16100
posté March 30, 2013, 10:58:47 | #4
"Makes me wonder how many cool secrets there are versus the different bosses in Wakfu that not many people are taking advantage of."

Not many sadly. Things like that should be aviable on UB. So it's not just DPS Check for the strongest of classes.

Nice find tho!

This post has been edited by Velore - March 30, 2013, 10:59:00.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #513341  Replies : 39  Views : 4092
posté March 27, 2013, 00:31:12 | #5

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 26 March 2013 22:32) *
its nice to see more content for stasis foggers

It's not nice to see more content for a very small group of classes. And that already was a problem, even before that.

Thread : News  Preview message : #511361  Replies : 35  Views : 2959
posté March 26, 2013, 10:34:27 | #6
Another +1 AP Amu joins the crew

Thread : News  Preview message : #510909  Replies : 35  Views : 2959
posté March 21, 2013, 12:02:40 | #7
"I don’t use recurring subscription." Nuff said.

Thread : News  Preview message : #508405  Replies : 51  Views : 3802
posté March 19, 2013, 17:51:36 | #8
Teleport of Scriptures Long story short - lately this item is being overused as a teleport-device by many PKers (right after the quick assassination). It has no cooldown and it's free (not as the Recall Potion) and it should be reworked (Cooldown 24 Hours for example, not sure about the cost).

Cheers Troyle, I hope you can pass it to the Ankama Headquarters.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #507119  Replies : 22  Views : 1577
posté March 19, 2013, 10:33:49 | #9
Why... would they... change it. It looks fantastic... current version is NOTHING compared to this.

Would be nice of some Mod could post us a comment about it here... why such a change for the worse? It doesn't make sense...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #506931  Replies : 60  Views : 6664
posté March 17, 2013, 01:48:14 | #10
And since Ankama is completly unable to defend itself from DDoS... let's just hope that any personal data and e-mails won't be stolen... these pesky hackers love to steal dem datas... or they are just Script Kiddies who use Low-Orbit Ion Cannon to lag the servers...

This post has been edited by Velore - March 17, 2013, 01:49:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #505317  Replies : 55  Views : 3011
posté March 16, 2013, 13:54:11 | #11
I can almost feel that DDoS Attack.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #504885  Replies : 16  Views : 975
posté March 13, 2013, 12:11:29 | #12
Best. Thread. Ever.

I hope that Ankama will add God's Temples...

Or better ... allow us to build Shrines/Temples/Etc in the Heaven World... or somewhere in the in-game location~!
Who's up for building kick-ass awesome Clock Tower in the name of our glorious Time Keeper?!

PS. Hey Ankama, how about some Lore Encyclopedia? We could use some more informations about the world of 12... in english  

This post has been edited by Velore - March 13, 2013, 12:12:40.
Thread : General  Preview message : #502517  Replies : 188  Views : 20786
posté March 13, 2013, 11:58:43 | #13

Quote (Chreon @ 12 March 2013 18:31) *
Hey everyone,

I just found this in game so i made print screen about it.

Weird that i have to see something like that in game.

Swastika is not only a Nazi Symbol... it's japanese Kanji too.

Nazis stole that one cause it looks awesome I guess.

Also - Next time think before you start useless thread like that  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #502513  Replies : 19  Views : 1312
posté March 12, 2013, 11:59:43 | #14

Quote (Troyle @ 12 March 2013 10:45) *
Group PP will only allow you to beat the PP lock. Whereas your own PP is counted as a bonus to the drop rate.

200 PP on your char (100 base + 100 stat/equip) will multiply the drop rate by 2.

Then... stacking PP seems to be a little... useless. It almost doesn't matter if you have 1% or 3%, both these values are so low you'd be better if you just focus on faster mob killing... and sacrificing Attack stats to get 300+ PP is not that easy in this game.

All you need is 400 Party Prospecting to unlock the drops at all. And that's it. You can increase your chance to dop crap items with 10% Drop Rate or more... but every good item has 1% Drop Rate. 1%... 2%... 3%... it's almost unnoticeable...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #501767  Replies : 21  Views : 2306
posté March 12, 2013, 11:53:26 | #15

Quote (Chrolo @ 12 March 2013 11:23) *

Quote (Velore @ 12 March 2013 11:20) *
Drop Rate % is the best thing since Heaven Bag Chests... but I don't really get it.
Royal Gobbal as a 1% Chance to drop Royal Gobball Helmet and it unlocks with Party Prospecting 400 or more... now... if I have an Enutrof with 300 Prospecting and one more person with passive 100 PP... how does it affect this 1% Drop Chance?
It will be 3%? 30%? Tbh I have no idea how to calculate this... any ideas?
there are so many threads about pp in general discussion. Please read them

Oh I know that... and yet... not a single one gives me a 100% confirmed and explained answer.
There are only theories. Would be nice if Devs could explain this correctly.

Thread : News  Preview message : #501757  Replies : 10  Views : 1393
posté March 12, 2013, 11:20:41 | #16
Drop Rate % is the best thing since Heaven Bag Chests... but I don't really get it.
Royal Gobbal as a 1% Chance to drop Royal Gobball Helmet and it unlocks with Party Prospecting 400 or more... now... if I have an Enutrof with 300 Prospecting and one more person with passive 100 PP... how does it affect this 1% Drop Chance?
It will be 3%? 30%? Tbh I have no idea how to calculate this... any ideas?

Thread : News  Preview message : #501745  Replies : 10  Views : 1393
posté March 08, 2013, 11:58:59 | #17
Gratz to the winner with 30 Multiaccounts

Thread : News  Preview message : #498403  Replies : 46  Views : 3199
posté March 01, 2013, 23:49:07 | #18

Quote (Chrolo @ 01 March 2013 23:37) *
There is always the 5% chance to get locked. Your max Dodge chance will be 95% even if you have 1000 dodge and the enemy hast -1000 lock. Thats some part of the luck.
Exceptions are some special monsters and some spells that make you dodge a 100% ignoring the values.

And this is why Dodge/Lock Mechanic is unreliable and should be completly ignored by you. There is no place for such thing in tactical game... yet Ankama can't accept the fact that 99% of the players are thinking otherwise.

As Chrolo said... you can have 1000 Dodge and there is always 5% chance for a failure... and this means: Dodge and Lock are worthless. You can't plan your strategy around this mechanic... because of this 5%.

You can't leave such an important thing to mere lucky roll. Either it works every time and you are sure that your strategy and build will give you adventage... or simply ignore it and use pushing skill to not get locked for sure.

Lock/Dodge is THE most disappointing mechanic in this game and it's a shame that it's still not reworked.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #489935  Replies : 7  Views : 2334
posté March 01, 2013, 16:57:05 | #19

Quote (wellwater @ 01 March 2013 16:43) *
No one said it ever was difficult; just because something isn't implemented doesn't mean it's hard to do. Seemingly we have the all-seeing eye of game design in here, folks!

You must be new here

Ankama's Dev said not so long ago that script like that (showing who deposit and take items) is too complicated for them to work properly and it would devour too much of the server memory (LOL XD).

So yeah

Server merge is beyond Wakfu Dev's skills. Simple patch in Wakfu means tons of bugs and downtime... just to fix a simple thing like Coagulation damage absorbtion for Sacriers. So I dare to say... server merge made by Ankama would be a disaster.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #489193  Replies : 26  Views : 1686