Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Gynrei's profile
Statistics
3151 Posts (2.85 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 06:09:59 | #1
This thread is brimming with e-peen.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #812907  Replies : 33  Views : 884
posté Yesterday - 06:07:15 | #2

Quote (Brokonaut @ 21 December 2014 00:09) *
This Breastplate is the first among a new line of endgame items with exotic stats and no conditions.

The way characters are built will change with a soon(tm) to be implemented change to the core of builds (fortunately not a detrimental one!). More to be communicated at a later date.

Huh? Didn't Wakfu already revamp and remove all exotic AP from the game in exchange for a standardized system?

Ankama makes my head hurt.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #812905  Replies : 126  Views : 6080
posté Yesterday - 06:02:10 | #3
It's fantastic^^

I always find myself bouncing between various sites for information trying to decide on character builds. You're correct, it's very time consuming. It's a great start and i'm curious how far you plan to take it. It looks extremely professional. So I say go for it and try to create an all in one character builder to rule them all. The community could certainly use one.

Three things I'd like to see:

1. The toughest but most important thing for me is a well designed equipment search function. Maybe an option to directly compare specific gear or builds that would display the advantages of each.
  2. Damage type modifiers for all spells. AoE, Melee etc.
  3. Pipe Dream... An online web browser respec dojo

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #812904  Replies : 9  Views : 411
posté December 18, 2014, 22:18:52 | #4

Quote (Nillii @ 18 December 2014 22:05) *

Quote (Reborn409 @ 18 December 2014 22:03) *
When they hire competent employees for this game? Is there anything at all that they can do well?
They can keep people moaning and complaining for years and years and still somehow manage to convince old players to stay and new people to start playing AND make money while at it. I have no idea what their secret is but it sure is weird.

Their secret is simple. They are the only tactical grid and turn based MMO on the market. Another company needs to step up and create some competition.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #811532  Replies : 124  Views : 2003
posté December 18, 2014, 17:39:53 | #5
This kind of thing always reminds me never to log out. Because you never know if you'll get back in.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #811228  Replies : 44  Views : 911
posté December 17, 2014, 15:29:52 | #6

Quote (Intrade @ 17 December 2014 12:16) *
In this game, you have to divide points between spells/skills to determine which ones are used for your rotation. Any changes to any of these spells may warrant a change in how the players want to use the spells or other spells. Basically, a small change to a spell may have a significant impact on a player's ability to perform in combat for whatever scenario(s) they were building their character for.

Quote (Picaro @ 17 December 2014 10:45) *
Your feedback was heard, but in the end it was decided that the changes were not major enough to justify a restat. It is believed that these changes are necessary for the game and for the community in the long run.

Picaro:

So why are these changes to scalding necessary? How can the changes made to scalding, and thus Panda, be important for the future of Wakfu but not for the players that use these spells everyday? Does this mean Ankama believes what's important to players and what's important to Wakfu are two different things?

Any change no matter how small can affect the choices a player makes. Even adjusting a spells damage by plus or minus two points can mean a different spell is better than the players current selection. Every player in Wakfu values something about their character builds. Whether that is spell damage, range, LoS, AP cost... you name it. We value certain ones more than others because as Intrade pointed out very well, we are forced to choose. So what criteria does Ankama value when deciding if a respec is necessary? 

This post has been edited by Gynrei - December 17, 2014, 15:32:05.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810704  Replies : 203  Views : 4494
posté December 16, 2014, 20:19:06 | #7
I don't think Ankama realize how powerful a good public image and brand loyalty would be for Wakfu. Word of mouth spreading warm, fuzzy, and happy feelings about Wakfu is a good thing. Instead Ankama continues to nickle and dime it's player base every patch. Losing more and more players each time.

Ankama, let me give you some free advise. Every time a change is made to a class give a respec. Every time a new boutique item is created, sell it to every region. Don't think about it, just do it. Even if you lose a few scrolls you'll make up for it with happy costumers telling their friends to play Wakfu instead of stay away! You will make more money in the long run.

STOP the trend of angering your players who retaliate by saying, "Curse you Ankama, that's the last straw! I'll never spend another dime on Wakfu"

This post has been edited by Gynrei - December 16, 2014, 20:20:24.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810278  Replies : 203  Views : 4494
posté December 02, 2014, 15:24:12 | #8

Quote (Agosta @ 02 December 2014 03:34) *
How's maple story doing?

Well I was being completely judgmental on my view of F2P games. I want a fair game and I don't give a damn how successful any MMO is financially or otherwise. All the F2P games i've tried have been a form of P2W. Some obviously more than others. I know nothing about Maple Story. I assume by the comment it's doing very with no P2W features.

There is only a small percentage of games out there that I consider playing. My standards are high. F2P has always killed each of those games for me once it was introduced. Wakfu being the most recent.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #803968  Replies : 46  Views : 1699
posté December 02, 2014, 03:15:59 | #9

Quote (Gnosis-of-Sheol @ 02 December 2014 00:01) *
!Q: Why did so many MMO's that came out after World of Warcraft, start as a subscription based
game. Then within months, shift to F2P + Cashshop?

Spoiler: (highlight to show)

It's because their playerbase has ether all but vanished or never took off in the first place.
Thus there's not enough "content" to keep the subs interested.

I stop playing all those MMOs because they fail... plain and simple. Just like Wakfu. I'm not going to explain why it's failed because there are many reasons all over this forum. I will say I prefer subscription models. P2P is usually a level playing field unlike any F2P game i've tried.

Wakfu switched from P2P to F2P to try to increase revenue, not because it has a small player base. The low number of players is the result of a failing developer, not the subscription model. If a game is good and worthwhile a subscription model will not hurt it financially. The payment model is just one aspect of a game and not the deciding factor in it's success. I do agree that separating the F2P and Booster players in Wakfu is a mistake.

IMO, all F2P games are failures at this moment in time. I've never played a high quality game that survives purely on a cosmetic cash shop.

Also, i don't get this player base = content comparison. More players simply means more revenue. My playing experience in game doesn't change if there are 20 full servers or just one. I don't care if the company makes enough to pay the CEO 4m a year or 30k. As long as the game continues to evolve with the same quality that got me playing in the first place.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #803797  Replies : 46  Views : 1699
posté November 28, 2014, 17:00:08 | #10
I'm with the OP. 100% stun is lame. There should be a turn cooldown or immunity following any stun.

I enjoyed the video lol.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #802222  Replies : 13  Views : 585
posté November 28, 2014, 16:50:18 | #11

Quote (Marlow @ 28 November 2014 06:26) *
Also, to all the people who have cited having issues with socializing in Wakfu and, as a result, are looking forward to the update, you [collectively] have no business playing any MMO because they're social by their very nature. Seriously, please play an offline tactics game because that argument is asinine. I'm not saying you're [collectively] not allowed to play Wakfu, but when MMO mechanics are almost solely catering to easier solo play, consider the MMO to be in an extremely desperate state.

I do not see why socializing in an MMO has to be directly tied to forming parties. Even console TRPGs promote networking and thus socialization by sharing items, helping others, or competitive play.

There are plenty of topics and ways to interact with a community other than working together in the same party. I love chatting to others and guild members about real life, hobbies, the state of Ankama, game features, quests, builds, and strategies. Literally any topic and I can do all this while multiboxing an entire team if i want.

We are all gamers enjoying Wakfu together. I do not need to be in a party to socialize.

How to keep turn based game play and limit multi-boxing:

Wakfu is a slow paced game if I single client. So multi-boxing is easy. Most MMO's keep you busy enough playing a single character that you don't need to multi. If Ankama wants to reduce multi-boxing they need a faster style of play in Wakfu. I can only see that working if actions are performed simultaneously. In other words, battles need to be setup as enemy phase and player phase. All six players would input their actions at the same time and once the 30 second turn is over the actions would be implemented on screen for everyone. Heck, even perform the actions immediately so some really good players could stagger turns by taking 15 seconds each. Players could occupy the same square etc. I don't know about you... but i couldn't input commands for six characters in 30 seconds total. Picture FF1 where characters could waste attacks if they choose the same targets but the Fighter got the killing blow before the Ninja's attack. I don't care about the specifics above because I'm just pointing out a direction this type of game could take (A focus on faster game play with one character).

In Wakfu's current state, Raid dungeons will encourage forming alliances among mulit-boxers because few multi-boxers will be able to solo raids. While this promotes teamwork and socialization it will still leave single boxers behind.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #802219  Replies : 327  Views : 10672
posté November 25, 2014, 02:29:53 | #12
Wakfu is losing it's identity. I understand on the surface this seems like a reasonable service. Personally, I dislike the direction Ankama is moving.

Class balance in games is just as important as the balance between time invested and rewards or status earned in an MMO. If you see a max level Panda that should stand for something. It means the player passed all challenges to reach that level as a Panda. I know some will argue those things are meaningless because Wakfu can be so easy at times. But that in itself is part of the problem.

It's hard to put into words. This service feels wrong.

As others have stated... many players will buy these to escape their poorly designed, bugged, and weak class. These players do not buy this because they seek a new challenge but because Ankama screwed up their class in some way. If this feature makes good money, what's to stop Ankama purposely "updating" random classes to start the class change merry go round.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800648  Replies : 100  Views : 2427
posté November 24, 2014, 03:06:48 | #13

Quote (Gunnerwolfang @ 24 November 2014 00:26) *
But the 90% will not disappear, they only whine and threatens to quit and leave but the reality is, they don't.

LOL. So you're saying no F2P game has ever gone under???

Ankama just needs a quality competitor to step up and I think you'll see exactly how the players feel about Wakfu. Many players have already left with no other Tactical MMO options.

How can this genre be so popular on handheld systems and have such a poor showing in the online world?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800254  Replies : 105  Views : 2950
posté November 24, 2014, 02:46:24 | #14

Quote (Flaming-June @ 24 November 2014 00:56) *

Quote (Agosta @ 23 November 2014 22:20) *
Most of the Panda's most useful spells cost 2ap. How does this not work with 5ap spells.
Agosta please, we both know Dairy Springer and Barrel Bash have absolutely no synergy with Milking It.

I'm with Agosta. It sounded to me like 5ap spells are being asked to be made cheaper to fit with 12ap builds in general. As he's stated 5ap spells work if your class can make good use of the last 2ap.

If the available spell combos for Panda do not work with 5ap spells that's an issue with the class and not 5ap spells.

Myself, I tend to grab some MP heavy spells for the added dmg because most battles go quicker because no strategy or movement is needed. In the few fights that require movement.... i do a little less dmg if i don't have good alternatives. Personally I've always hated the spell exp limitations placed on players. We all have too few spells to choose from. If we could choose more spells to max this issue of 4ap VS 5ap spells wouldn't be as important because players would have many more combo options available during battle. I'm tired of spamming the same spells over and over.  

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #800251  Replies : 630  Views : 19423
posté November 13, 2014, 18:19:59 | #15

Quote (Exelenore @ 13 November 2014 15:52) *
It's why in my suggestion that I replied to you with the idea of giving dizzy to allies from killing things with scalding and letting dizzy have a positive passive effect when it did.

Elenore and June are the same person? You're well within your rights to compare Panda to Sram. I was trying to illustrate how difficult it would be for everyone else to do the same. There are simply too many other mechanics already in place that will remain unchanged for years so i really can't blame anyone for doing otherwise. The last class to be revamped will have to live with the out-dated mechanics for a very long time. It's understandable they will want to be competitive.

There has been some fun discussion and nice ideas but I think i'm done debating what would be good changes to the current scalding mechanic or ideas for a new one. At this point it's safe to assume Ankama will not be shelving panda to revamp again. There isn't enough past evidence to suggest Ankama uses our ideas outside simply adjusting the numbers.

Ankama: I give scalding a thumbs down in it's current state and will not use it. The reasons are all over this thread and Elenore summed it up nicely here. While increasing the scalding dmg tremendously would persuade me to use it... it would clearly be OP in situations where it's easy to apply. Hence, difficult to balance. The mechanic is fundamentally flawed.

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #796116  Replies : 630  Views : 19423
posté November 13, 2014, 15:23:11 | #16
Not sure why everyone keeps cherry picking the issues with scalded...

Sure you can do respectable dmg at 2 turn intervals using the scalded mechanic but you'll be a sub par class. Fire Panda will become a CC class with delayed dmg and little protection.

First turn the Panda will focus fire the nearest mob putting itself at risk of getting hit by other mobs that didn't have another target until the Panda was so generous to charge in. Any other tactic would mean reducing your dmg. It's a long long time before that scalded dmg turn. As the Panda's team mate I'm going to kill that mob you couldn't before it gets a turn to attack. I'm not going to wait for that scalded turn for you to finish it off. No amount of extra turns or fancy activation is going to get back that scalded dmg.

Scalded is inherently tough to balance because there is no clear answer how much additional dmg it should produce based on the difficulty and dangers to activate it. This poorly balanced mechanic already exists in Wakfu and guess what, no one uses it. Ask yourself why.

Heat on the other hand is easier to balance. The Panda is sacrificing some initial base damage to store that damage for a later burst turn. Energy (base dmg) is simply changed (stored), never lost. It can also adds interesting new game play. Some spells can store a larger % of their base dmg. So if a monster has 3HP left the player would be wise to kill the target with a spell that has just enough initial base dmg so as much Heat as possible is stored.

You guys should not be arguing that the suggested scalded changes would be better. You should arguing if Heat is too powerful.

Picture this change to Scalded. Scalded is now accumulated on the panda instead and released once the Panda becomes flaming. Wording it like that doesn't sound like too much work for devs either.

Also, in regards to what can we realistically compare Panda too: This is Ankama's problem with releasing global changes one pixel at a time. Players have no basis for reference because only the Sram exists. One pixel out of billions. Players can compare Panda to anything currently in game imo. The changes are not coming quickly and i feel justified comparing like mechanics that will be around for years.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - November 13, 2014, 15:29:19.
Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #796079  Replies : 630  Views : 19423