Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Gynrei's profile
Statistics
3127 Posts (2.98 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 17, 2014, 14:54:31 | #1
I know some items in the game take waaay more effort to obtain than their actual value. This is because Wakfu has changed. Many of those items were top tier at some point. I got a lot of use from my Maka cards, wand, and Merchant ring etc.

Wakfu has evolved and it's probably best to leave the past alone and move forward. Wakfu has spent far too much time revamping the wrong things or the correct things poorly. I don't need a revamped sram or panda class. If Ankama doesn't like how they turned out balance the numbers or create a new class/sub class instead. Add new islands or dungeons instead of adding HC mode to old content or a new level 70 gobball.

Most games would have an expansive end game with plenty of content 3 years after release. Wakfu has two dungeons/zones. Yes Wakfu has crafting, PvP, and HWs as well but each of those is broken in major ways.

I keep thinking back to FFXI at lvl75 cap and merits. It had flaws but I always enjoyed the progression. You got to end game and all the old content was still relevant. There was sooo many gear options for each slot. Most gear wasn't clearly better and they all had use in many different situations. You upgraded gear based on the content you chose to play through, NOT because you gained levels. I've never liked this trend in MMO's where the lvl cap is raised and you start over focusing only on the newest added content.

If Wakfu stayed at level 100 cap all those crafts and maka's would be somewhat relevant to awesome still. Ankama increases the level cap and we all grind a bunch of new high level gear in the same dungeon, rinse and repeat.

Instead, monsters and dungeons could be FAR more element focused. Some dungeons might only be cleared by one or two elemental attacks. Basically you give players a reason to grind a set for each of their three elements. No more tri or dual gear builds. To retain the feel of choosing mono, duo, or tri builds add quested spells. Let players level all 15 spells and quest another five of equal value. All fire or 2-2-1 if they like. The idea is not to replace old spells or content but to add variety and choice in every encounter.

This would promote teamwork as players would need to choose their element before each fight. Players would also have to work together and use strategy because in some fights players can't hurt every monster. You'd have to support other players if all the monsters of your element are dead. Every dungeon from level 100 on could serve an end game purpose.

The above would create MUCH more end game content than we currently have.

Also, this would allow the addition of extremely tough TACTICAL encounters. Players could get some cool side grades or status symbols without feeling like they must complete it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788185  Replies : 797  Views : 21006
posté October 08, 2014, 20:46:53 | #2

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 08 October 2014 19:13) *
Not easier, consistent and accurate with game developments and changes.
This.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785863  Replies : 54  Views : 1319
posté October 08, 2014, 15:17:34 | #3

Quote (Hudski @ 08 October 2014 01:57) *

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 08 October 2014 01:30) *

Quote (Hudski @ 08 October 2014 01:28) *
I guess it's just nice to call them lazy.
I wouldn't know, I'm not a dev but thanks for your passive aggression, it was much needed.

You wanna call the devs lazy for no reason, I'll call you hella rude.

I happen to agree more with Skull. The devs are either lazy or incompetent. Take your pick.

If every single use of the stun spell by each class or monster has it's own code it gives the devs more control because they can change how an individual class or monster stun works. But in doing so it becomes a nightmare to balance or rewrite when global changes are made to the game. Because the devs need to find and change every single instance of the stun spell in the code. It's clear Ankama is incapable of this which is one reason why we have so many bugs in Wakfu. The broken achievements mentioned earlier are another example.

Ankama needs to have ONE piece of code for the stun spell. All classes or monsters that use this mechanic simply point to that code and the effect is implemented. This makes changing the spell globally incredibly easy and applies to every class and monster that uses it which assures nothing is missed. Players can also understand the systems in game much easier because all 'STUN" works the same. This is a good thing.

If Ankama really wants to create special monsters or classes with different stuns... they simply create new code with a different name. "SUPER STUN" or whatever. This effect would act differently and players will easily understand it has different effects than "STUN".

The principles behind this type of coding is extremely basic. The devs are either lazy or incompetent.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785767  Replies : 54  Views : 1319
posté October 04, 2014, 15:21:15 | #4
Mango, I'm more curious about what keeps you invested in Wakfu?

You said yourself you do not get paid to speak to the community or help Ankama. I don't understand how you can be interested in giving your free time to help develop a game you don't feel is worth your time to play on the live servers. Or do you actually still play on the live servers? Forgive me if this has been answered on your streams before as I haven't watched one in some time. Are you just curious about how a company develops a game and all that this entails maybe?

This post has been edited by Gynrei - October 04, 2014, 15:24:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #784279  Replies : 797  Views : 21006
posté October 03, 2014, 13:45:38 | #5

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 03 October 2014 11:12) *
I also think the problem is the lack of equipement rather then the system itself.
this.

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 03 October 2014 06:16) *
The problem isn't the system. Your problem seems to be the lack of gear, and for that I agree.

What was the problem with the previous system that more gear options wouldn't have fixed in the same way?

I just don't see a big difference with the new system compared to what was lost. We gained a better balance in stat weight across all rarities and levels which is good. We gained the freedom to choose elements on gear at the cost of it being random which requires resources to reroll and lost a ton of general dmg gear. Gear lost all unique stats. There is no more mobility, defensive or offensive gear anymore. It's all dmg gear. The new dmg stats... and that's all they are, do not synergize with some class builds such as Fire/Air Xelor. The highest lvl and rarity gear will still favor certain builds over others. Just not to the same degree it was before.

My question is why didn't Ankama just balance all existing gear instead of revamping the entire system?

This post has been edited by Gynrei - October 03, 2014, 13:46:07.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783879  Replies : 23  Views : 781
posté October 03, 2014, 02:10:52 | #6

Quote (picklesaregood @ 02 October 2014 23:01) *
i think it had potential but this current system is awful in my opinion

feels like ankama is just going backwards in progress with items

Agreed. I was all for the balancing of gear to avoid the elemental favoritism Ankama had at times and to reduce the large stat advantage given to higher rarity items. However, the new system for gear is terribly boring and dull. I think Ankama could have balanced gear while keeping some fun and interesting effects instead of the bland dmg increase when using certain spells.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783755  Replies : 23  Views : 781
posté October 02, 2014, 13:46:01 | #7
Fire was the strongest element found on gear before the global revamp. So players were already predisposed to playing Fire in the past.

Fire is also the AOE branch for most classes. Many players including myself prefer powerful AoE spells when in combat. Until more elemental branches are given AoE spells I do not see this trend of Fire being the most common changing.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783466  Replies : 32  Views : 1220
posté September 24, 2014, 14:43:29 | #8

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 24 September 2014 10:53) *
Xelors mummification is superior

Xelor hands down. For the reasons in the post above and because in short fights the HP given by Mummification can save you bread. In most zerg fights having that extra HP for only a 2ap raise will allow the raised player and Xelor to focus on more dmg instead of spending more ap to heal. Also... Xelors have other awesome abilities parties will enjoy. Personally I like both a Xelor and a Fire/Air Eni in my group.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780016  Replies : 8  Views : 345
posté September 24, 2014, 14:33:42 | #9
Making end game gear more accessible is better for Wakfu. It is only the first step imo. Ankama still has a lot more work to do in balancing the game, adding content, and important features.

Wakfu WAS a game where getting the best gear meant beating the toughest content. Beating that content meant having great gear. Getting great gear took a massive amount of time. Whether you played 16 hours a day or more casually over the span of two plus years this showed in your stats. Because the gear at end game was so much better than more common gear it wasn't even funny. Combine this with an above average class and things get worse. Before someone tells me it was easy as pie getting +10 end game gear I do understand you can take shortcuts but it's not exactly the standard.

Players in this position (optimal gear) could step on others at the same level in common gear like they were ants. If this is the kind of game you want to play you'll have to look elsewhere. Wakfu is no longer that game. That said, Wakfu still has many balancing issues and bugs that make it broken. Ankama still has a long way to go.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780012  Replies : 126  Views : 2025
posté September 22, 2014, 23:43:05 | #10

Quote (Elithril @ 22 September 2014 22:45) *
I'm tired of reading people battleing in this thread, especially since the topic is always Sadida.

I find it more entertaining than Wakfu PvP.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779135  Replies : 797  Views : 21006
posté September 18, 2014, 17:09:45 | #11
Are there still lvl 195 Sidekicks floating around or has that been fixed?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777508  Replies : 8  Views : 357
posté September 17, 2014, 17:19:35 | #12

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 17 September 2014 16:26) *
its the end game NOW and right now that's what matters not whats gonna happen a year from now.

Completely agree. I've stated my opinion enough about the game so I won't repeat myself. Ankama is likely looking forward to the players joining from steam or those that may have come back. For many of them Wakfu will be a new experience with many problems like most 'new' MMO's. Personally I have a hard time forgetting all the crap that's come before and it really sours my experience.

For those of us that have stuck it out since beta... I don't think there's many of us left and Ankama probably doesn't care if we give up waiting at this point.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777070  Replies : 163  Views : 4010
posté September 16, 2014, 02:05:18 | #13

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 16 September 2014 01:41) *
Make a cap on how many tokens one can get from dungeon daily. That will slow down no-lifers and will not punish those who have life.

This has been done in other MMO's and while I can live with such a system I see no reason to actually implement it. Slowing down a players progress by adding these limitations doesn't improve the game. If a player wants to grind non stop for 48hours straight and do what takes others a month, let them.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776365  Replies : 163  Views : 4010
posté September 15, 2014, 23:35:07 | #14

Quote (picklesaregood @ 15 September 2014 23:15) *
Just a matter of time boys and girls before you log on wakfu and find your self with nothing to do

For some players this will be true. For others it will not. I know which player is the vast majority.

The real argument is what type of game do you enjoy. Wakfu was dying under it's old philosophy. Ankama had to make a choice. Know the players need to re-evaluate theirs.

There is still time for the grind to return... because Ankama seems to think the drop rates etc will be lower as we approach level 200. A ridiculous plan/system imo. I can't speak for the difficulty as that's largely subjective.

Imagine if they used this philosophy when Wakfu was originally released and the level cap was 60. It would seem like everything drops instantly. The game wouldn't feel tough or worth playing at all. Would players really keep playing until higher levels and harder drops or content were introduced?

And Pickle, you're right. Atm there isn't much at end game I enjoy so I'll be logging on less and less. The PvP system and class balance is trash. But that doesn't mean the update isn't good for Wakfu overall. If PvP rankings were added without all the other changes we'd be having this same discussion. The best PvPers would be the best geared players. And of those, the top would be the best classes. Either way, Ankama better fix it before I get bored.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776330  Replies : 163  Views : 4010
posté September 15, 2014, 21:22:56 | #15
I don't care if players can farm the best relics in 10mins.

For a competitive end game, especially in PvP, you need more players on equal footing at end game. Equal footing is based on level, gear, and to some degree stats. Stats will vary based on build choices and class.

MMO's have some grind to get to endgame while most FPS's do not. If the level playing field in Wakfu is equivalent to grinding 24hours a day for months until a new patch is released and you have to do it all over again... something is horribly wrong. In that situation it means only a handful of people can compete. This means a smaller population truly at endgame. Fewer people to compete with is less fun. It's harder to find battles where you get to do what you logged in to do. That was Wakfu before global revamp.

Wakfu will never be balanced so the no lifers can spend months grinding the best gear to obliterate all challengers while the casuals only spend 1hour a day to be at that same level competing.

The grind needs to be found in different places that do not impact the PvP experience. Maybe it's titles, aura's or other areas that do not affect level, gear, and stats.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776273  Replies : 163  Views : 4010
posté September 15, 2014, 15:29:38 | #16
Wakfu is in a better place now than it was before. There is nothing wrong with most players gaining power easier and reaching similar stats as the most hardcore player.

Hopefully Ankama will add content and balance the game around this new meta. The future of Wakfu is still in their hands because there is a lot of work still to do. Class balancing or some way to facilitate group PvP for example. With characters reaching similar stats unlike before we can truly have HC content that will show off a players skill.

Ankama is moving in the right direction. They just need to find the right balance. This is only the first step.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776155  Replies : 163  Views : 4010
posté September 14, 2014, 05:24:47 | #17

Quote (EskimoF @ 14 September 2014 01:07) *
Smith magic hammers are not required in any of the games system. We do not need smith magic hammers.

Why do we need zaps then? Would you prefer to play Wakfu with no zap's or dragoturkey's? Might as well run and boat every where in game. They're not required... as you put it. As long as Ankama gives us a way to accomplish something it's ok right, no matter how tedious??

Is this the argument you're making?

Heaven help us all if you ever design an MMO.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 13 September 2014 20:45) *
Is your reading comprehension horrible

And this^

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775636  Replies : 36  Views : 644
posté September 13, 2014, 14:33:30 | #18
Smithmagic hammers are the bottleneck. If you don't have a way to make kama that will also be an issue. Considering the speed you can clear Flaxhid and the usually guaranteed 100pp bonus runes are not a bottleneck. The time it takes getting your gear to +7's is reasonable. The last step to +10 is rough and expecting someone to use two runes instead of hammers is ridiculous. Even more so now that that % bonus from runes is much less compared to the whole.

Note: I have not tried Flaxhid after the dodge/lock revamp.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775410  Replies : 36  Views : 644
posté September 12, 2014, 00:07:26 | #19

Quote (maisafie @ 11 September 2014 23:40) *

7. Why do lvl 160 players attack lvl 120 ?

Because Ankama has set up the system so that killing a person 40 levels lower than you is rewarding.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774611  Replies : 11  Views : 549
posté September 12, 2014, 00:04:40 | #20
Open PvP has been available for ages... Rankings and points have not.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774609  Replies : 25  Views : 912