Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Gynrei's profile
Statistics
2913 Posts (3.02 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 29, 2014, 21:01:38 | #1
I call it Spore. I've never seen any confusion. "Lets go to Spore" or "Fuck those stupid Spores".

This is now how i picture you and your friends playing Wakfu Hate...

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 29, 2014, 21:06:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #758346  Replies : 4  Views : 145
posté July 29, 2014, 16:20:17 | #2

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 29 July 2014 16:05) *
So what, now I should sell a Rampart ammy for 1mk because "prices change?"

If someone is willing to pay that, yes.

It's not hard to sell items. If an item up for sale sells fast, sell it for more next time. If it doesn't sell, sell it for less next time. Just because an item did or did not sell doesn't mean the price for it was or was not correct either. There are plenty of reasons why items are or are not selling.

F2P players are not the issue. More players either raise the demand for items or increase the supply. It's up to you to figure out an items true worth.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 29, 2014, 16:21:56.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #758253  Replies : 32  Views : 682
posté July 29, 2014, 14:26:36 | #3

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 29 July 2014 10:08) *
So basically you're just mad because you couldn't sell what you wanted for the price you wanted.

Prices change, deal with it.

This^

Also, anyone putting up 8 items at once is asking to have that item's value drop again and again. 27 pair's of boots to sell... good luck with that.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #758223  Replies : 32  Views : 682
posté July 29, 2014, 14:14:04 | #4
Wow that is way too little kama.

With everyone getting runes from Flaxhid those hammers will be even more in demand. Plus the fact hammers are 800 ogrines each you need to raise that offer significantly. The price for those hammers on the market is only going to increase.

That's 25kk a hammer. I could make a lot more kama selling other items from the boutique.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #758221  Replies : 5  Views : 128
posté July 28, 2014, 19:43:31 | #5

Quote (BrainOnAJar @ 28 July 2014 19:40) *
nah last night he derped on the locker too, anyway the two fights prior he didnt.

Come now.. you know you're just better^^

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #758024  Replies : 78  Views : 2019
posté July 28, 2014, 19:39:44 | #6

Quote (HateSpawn @ 28 July 2014 18:39) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 27 July 2014 19:23) *
whys that, mini?

I mean he isn't skipping turns. he hits his locker every turn.
We lock him and he skips, gg

Brain just locks better than your group.

Or maybe his group is better and they skip phase three with more damage than you.

Seriously why does any of this matter. We're all playing the same game dealing with the same shit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #758021  Replies : 78  Views : 2019
posté July 28, 2014, 16:56:41 | #7

Quote (Kaiyuu @ 28 July 2014 16:45) *
Of course some of the challenges are going to hinder certain classes and that makes you try to play battles differently each time, giving battles a little variation. If they didn't hinder you then they would be pointless....

There is massive difference to hindering classes and having no control over them.

Any and All challenges should be possible by any group. The level of difficulty can be debated. An Eca who draws a good card that instantly heals allies can't stop that from happening. Those are the things that should be fixed.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757990  Replies : 21  Views : 625
posté July 28, 2014, 16:41:16 | #8
I hope they'll fix the challenge bug at the same time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757987  Replies : 78  Views : 2019
posté July 28, 2014, 15:19:45 | #9

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 28 July 2014 06:16) *
Yeah.. and those that did world firsts kept exclusive titles *_*

I miss those times.

I don't.

A system like that has too many gaps. I'd rather see a time frame given to the players like a week or a few days, whatever. Then everyone has a chance if they can't be online the moment the servers come up. Plus with the beta server as an option players will already know how to beat an encounter.

The title can easily be more generic like the pioneer title.

Games do not need THAT level of elitism. Giving a special title to one group only or a few groups isn't any different. In the end it is still a small % of the player base.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 27 July 2014 19:17) *
I find it incredibly hard to believe that you're locking him in phase 3 without his AI derping but okay

What is the boss supposed to do in phase 3 anyway? Because frankly it better be sensational.

I find it hard to believe anyone could lose once the adds are dead and he's locked in place.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757972  Replies : 78  Views : 2019
posté July 28, 2014, 14:55:59 | #10
I've never seen a build so versatile that I recommend it over all others a class could achieve but... Air/Fire is just that. If you're desperate to include water I suggest a Tri build.

As Air/Fire you tick almost every possible box you can. I only need 5 spells near or at max level.

Hand+LoF+Punishment = great AoE dmg
Aging+Hand+LoF = great single target dmg
LoF = noLoS spell
Hand = long range spell
Underhand = great dmg and ranged push spell
LoF+Underhand+Punishment = CC spell
Underhand+TempDistortion = teleporting mobs and allies
Mummy = Raise
Devotion = 4ap
Rollback = more AP(3)
TempPrism and Dial = great ele dmg boost
Tempus Fugit = escape spell and helpful ally teleport. To be fair i rarely have time to consider using the teleport aspect of that spell.

I still find plenty of use for under leveld Time Control and Sandglass as well.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 28, 2014, 14:57:50.
Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #757963  Replies : 11  Views : 1202
posté July 28, 2014, 14:40:32 | #11
Very few classes or builds want anything other than the ranged mount.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #757956  Replies : 4  Views : 96
posté July 28, 2014, 14:39:24 | #12

Quote (khackt @ 28 July 2014 06:32) *

and no, you don't go 2/2. you go 3/2. the extra 10 water damage isn't worth jack. heal for 640 instead of 630
eni with shitty resist would be a shitty eni tho.

Yeah, i prefer more resistance as well but it honestly depends how important that extra spell is. As a Xelor i find it hard to play without a 3/2 but as a Fire/Air Eni 2/2 is what i prefer.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #757954  Replies : 7  Views : 376
posté July 28, 2014, 14:32:24 | #13
Is the Apothecloakery a Srambad HC boss drop only?

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #757953  Replies : 144  Views : 27994
posté July 26, 2014, 10:29:43 | #14

Quote (Kokonaut @ 26 July 2014 09:02) *
I hope you realize now, that your fact is actually opinion.

This is why, your average beta tester is ultimately weaker than your average player of equal level on the live server.

While I applaud your efforts to keep a more average setup i still disagree that the average beta tester is weaker. There is no way for me to confirm my opinion as fact. Just as there is no way for you to do the same. You have said nothing that would change how glaringly obvious the evidence remains in my favor.

You enter beta with your current live gear. You take anything free that's better. Your stats only go up. Low level players using machine gear does not change this. Their stats go up too. They may be weaker than current level cap players but you'd have to convince me there is many many more of these testers than end game players. Even if you convinced me it's true it only adds to the issues with beta. How reliable can these not end game players be. They haven't played large chunks of the game.

Choosing to play with lower stats yourself can't possibly outweigh the amount of players going up in stats when it comes to feedback given.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757449  Replies : 20  Views : 619
posté July 26, 2014, 10:06:46 | #15

Quote (Kokonaut @ 26 July 2014 03:55) *
For you to completely discredit this fact is very insulting,

I don't believe i was discrediting the work you or others do in beta. I'm pointing out the gaps and problems in this system (Wakfu). It's good that you give feedback keeping in mind the average player. But how many others might not be doing this? You're one voice among many. Just because you may be objective when giving feedback does not mean everyone else is.

I believe it's up to the developers to set the stage properly so they receive the proper feedback they need. That means making a standardized setup for players testing. I feel this is especially important when relying solely on players and not their own staff.

More should be done on the developers end. The testing gear available could be based on what they feel is the standard for such content. There are simply too many gaps and holes in this beta server system. I highly doubt Ankama is checking the gear and setups used to better understand every comment made.

If you say content is too easy and someone else says it's too hard. How do the devs know which is accurate? Are they checking players levels, gear, play style etc?

Doing what you can to help improve things is great but it needs to be a mutual partnership. I feel too many companies and people take advantage of this trait in others. I used to have more faith that things would turn around when in these situations. I'd continue to work much harder with little coming from the other side. However experience has taught me most continue to take advantage of that good will. Ankama is doing this as we speak.

Things need to change. Companies attitudes need to change. Players doing their work for them and cleaning up their messes will not change anything. Choosing not to help may seem harsh as it could lead to a company or game shutting down. But why would a company hire proper testers if players do it for free? Why would a company bother to fix bugs if players continue to put up with them? If more companies like Ankama need to go under before the global attitudes change... so be it.

You say I'm criticizing and you're right. But it's done while showing them WHY it's a problem and most times i give ways it could be done better. You've given me an interesting idea. Maybe i should 'complain' in a bug report from beta on anything i feel like voicing my opinion on. They might read it

tldr: I may be taking it up the a** from Ankama while i pay for and play this game. But i'm certainly not going to let them think everything is great and wonderful while they do it. And I'm definitely not going to do their work for them at the same time. There is a point where it's ok to say, enough is enough.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757448  Replies : 78  Views : 2019
posté July 25, 2014, 23:04:31 | #16

Quote (Kokonaut @ 25 July 2014 05:33) *
It has come to my attention that no one is paid to thoroughly test the content.

You have every equal opportunity to assist with Beta testing and providing feedback as necessary. Flaxhid was put in a combat-ready state for the most part

There is no "varying degree of abuse". It's black and white: do the players influence it or is there nothing that the players can do to restrict it from happening?

I'm confused about what you're trying to say Mango. As i understand it... you're saying Wakfu is a game and games have bugs. I hope most players complaining on the forums realize this to be true. Many of us get worked up about Wakfu because of the sheer number and size of these issues.

Are you saying it's acceptable and understandable Wakfu is full of bugs? Or that Ankama continually repeats the same mistakes? That leaving exploitable content in game isn't harmful? How do you actually feel about these issues and how Wakfu is run.

Who is ultimately responsible for the bugs that appear in Wakfu? For a game company to blindly hope all game breaking bugs are reported or found by players 'paying' to play their game is risky. It's nice to think players are helping to reduce the amount of bugs but to leave this responsibility entirely on the players is a poor decision for a company. Maybe i could understand if Ankama didn't already have a reputation for releasing bugged content. Some companies and programmers are simply more competent and deserve respect.

What does having equal opportunity to test content have to do with anything? I'm not spending my free time testing for bugs. Is it unreasonable for me to expect to play a relatively bug free game? At least as far as MMO's are concerned.

Most companies can be forgiven for their mistakes. When they are compounded to such a degree as i feel they are in Wakfu, players will let their voice be heard. Just because some individual issues are seen as trivial, they may represent a part of a much larger whole and should be treated as such.

How do you think most players feel about Wakfu? Are they justified?

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 25, 2014, 23:05:22.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757313  Replies : 78  Views : 2019
posté July 25, 2014, 22:45:31 | #17

Quote (Kokonaut @ 25 July 2014 17:54) *
It's more likely the average Beta user has worse gear than an endgame Live server player.

I'll be doing my testing using live server equipment as well.

I've heard nothing that makes me think the French Beta testers are anything other than the top players from their server. Regardless, every single player that goes into beta can get free gear. It's an upgrade, sidegrade or they remain the same. They also get food bonuses most players never use. Things like those +100dmg bonus emblems make them stronger and were not released on live yet. The only negative i can think of is the nation bonus. So beta testers are going to be stronger than the average live player, fact.

While some players like yourself might find the free items a downgrade I find it hard to understand how that does anything but reinforce my point. The top 5% of players are going to find beta content easier than everyone else.

So I think i've shown that both groups of players are stronger on beta. Thus content will be easier for them. Beta tester feedback will reflect this difference.

I hope you really do start using live gear only but remember you're still better off than 95% of players. Better yet, find some random, average players and what they are wearing. Use that gear to test content. It may or mat not affect some strategies for content. I know myself I've had to change strategies plenty when grouping with under geared players.

Yes, i understand i'm pulling these numbers out of thin air. The point remains there are fewer players at your level when looking at the population of Wakfu.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 25, 2014, 22:46:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757305  Replies : 20  Views : 619
posté July 25, 2014, 19:11:44 | #18
Players gain nothing from dungeon minimum level requirements atm. Nothing. It stops power leveling in dungeons, that's all. But as others mentioned Side kicks are exempt. I'm currently running Srambad with 3 MM level 120 or so. They started going in at level 1. I find it hilarious that a player level 135 can't go.

Why doesn't Ankama change the way exp is gained instead. All they have to do is cap the amount of exp higher level mobs give a player IN RELATION to their current level. They get what they want, players are slowed to whatever crawl they deem fit gaining exp. Players are now free to attempt any content no matter their level. Win Win vs Ankama's policy of Win Suffer.

I would've thought the health of Wakfu and the money it generates would've woken Ankama up by now. Sadly, they've thrown the F2P option at us as the hail mary it is. Again, if F2P is so great, why is Aerafal still P2P?

tldr: Whatever you've been doing so far Ankama... isn't working. Take one out of George Costanza's(sp) playbook.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757220  Replies : 29  Views : 621