Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Gynrei's profile
Statistics
2896 Posts (3.02 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 23:04:31 | #1

Quote (Kokonaut @ 25 July 2014 05:33) *
It has come to my attention that no one is paid to thoroughly test the content.

You have every equal opportunity to assist with Beta testing and providing feedback as necessary. Flaxhid was put in a combat-ready state for the most part

There is no "varying degree of abuse". It's black and white: do the players influence it or is there nothing that the players can do to restrict it from happening?

I'm confused about what you're trying to say Mango. As i understand it... you're saying Wakfu is a game and games have bugs. I hope most players complaining on the forums realize this to be true. Many of us get worked up about Wakfu because of the sheer number and size of these issues.

Are you saying it's acceptable and understandable Wakfu is full of bugs? Or that Ankama continually repeats the same mistakes? That leaving exploitable content in game isn't harmful? How do you actually feel about these issues and how Wakfu is run.

Who is ultimately responsible for the bugs that appear in Wakfu? For a game company to blindly hope all game breaking bugs are reported or found by players 'paying' to play their game is risky. It's nice to think players are helping to reduce the amount of bugs but to leave this responsibility entirely on the players is a poor decision for a company. Maybe i could understand if Ankama didn't already have a reputation for releasing bugged content. Some companies and programmers are simply more competent and deserve respect.

What does having equal opportunity to test content have to do with anything? I'm not spending my free time testing for bugs. Is it unreasonable for me to expect to play a relatively bug free game? At least as far as MMO's are concerned.

Most companies can be forgiven for their mistakes. When they are compounded to such a degree as i feel they are in Wakfu, players will let their voice be heard. Just because some individual issues are seen as trivial, they may represent a part of a much larger whole and should be treated as such.

How do you think most players feel about Wakfu? Are they justified?

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 25, 2014, 23:05:22.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757313  Replies : 43  Views : 989
posté Yesterday - 22:45:31 | #2

Quote (Kokonaut @ 25 July 2014 17:54) *
It's more likely the average Beta user has worse gear than an endgame Live server player.

I'll be doing my testing using live server equipment as well.

I've heard nothing that makes me think the French Beta testers are anything other than the top players from their server. Regardless, every single player that goes into beta can get free gear. It's an upgrade, sidegrade or they remain the same. They also get food bonuses most players never use. Things like those +100dmg bonus emblems make them stronger and were not released on live yet. The only negative i can think of is the nation bonus. So beta testers are going to be stronger than the average live player, fact.

While some players like yourself might find the free items a downgrade I find it hard to understand how that does anything but reinforce my point. The top 5% of players are going to find beta content easier than everyone else.

So I think i've shown that both groups of players are stronger on beta. Thus content will be easier for them. Beta tester feedback will reflect this difference.

I hope you really do start using live gear only but remember you're still better off than 95% of players. Better yet, find some random, average players and what they are wearing. Use that gear to test content. It may or mat not affect some strategies for content. I know myself I've had to change strategies plenty when grouping with under geared players.

Yes, i understand i'm pulling these numbers out of thin air. The point remains there are fewer players at your level when looking at the population of Wakfu.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 25, 2014, 22:46:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757305  Replies : 6  Views : 184
posté Yesterday - 19:11:44 | #3
Players gain nothing from dungeon minimum level requirements atm. Nothing. It stops power leveling in dungeons, that's all. But as others mentioned Side kicks are exempt. I'm currently running Srambad with 3 MM level 120 or so. They started going in at level 1. I find it hilarious that a player level 135 can't go.

Why doesn't Ankama change the way exp is gained instead. All they have to do is cap the amount of exp higher level mobs give a player IN RELATION to their current level. They get what they want, players are slowed to whatever crawl they deem fit gaining exp. Players are now free to attempt any content no matter their level. Win Win vs Ankama's policy of Win Suffer.

I would've thought the health of Wakfu and the money it generates would've woken Ankama up by now. Sadly, they've thrown the F2P option at us as the hail mary it is. Again, if F2P is so great, why is Aerafal still P2P?

tldr: Whatever you've been doing so far Ankama... isn't working. Take one out of George Costanza's(sp) playbook.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757220  Replies : 27  Views : 409
posté Yesterday - 17:37:36 | #4

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 25 July 2014 16:49) *
It's funny because phase 2 of hardcore sugnuf wasn't originally supposed to be there. People were complaining during testing that it wasn't "hard" enough to be called hardcore so they threw that ridiculous part in there for a giggle.

I don't understand how Ankama can get proper feedback from the Beta Server. They are giving players items most of the population doesn't have to begin with. Items, food, and the few who play beta trade most of the better gear between them. No wonder it's easier for them.

I have a question for Ankama:

Is there anything wrong with a dungeon that you know... isn't a royal pain in the ass to run?

I dislike HC Spore as well. I don't have oodles of time to play Wakfu but i probably have more than some. I still need to be picky about what i run because I simply don't have enough time to repeat every dungeon 200 times hoping for that drop.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757199  Replies : 6  Views : 184
posté Yesterday - 17:27:40 | #5
OP:

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757194  Replies : 9  Views : 234
posté Yesterday - 04:14:43 | #6
Wakfu is so grind heavy i'm for players using whatever in game options are available to speed things up. Abusing AI is part of gaming. The degree you abuse it seems to matter to people, not sure why.

Ankama released content 'tested on beta' and we get to enjoy it. Beta server is such a joke btw.

No one should be blaming players playing the game in it's current state. If you want to blame these situations on someone, blame Ankama.

How many times has Ankama had these same issues with new content and bosses? Why is it so hard for them to get it working correctly? I'm 99% sure it's their own fault. They built and coded this game and changed it continuously over the years. These weren't small changes either. Some classes have been revamped and fundamental mechanics have all been reworked in Wakfu.

Ankama can't punish players for playing Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757028  Replies : 43  Views : 989
posté July 23, 2014, 22:27:08 | #7
I suppose that would make sense if Legendary also gives 75%. Unfortunately there are no legendary mounts available =(

So at the present time you need to spend your relic slot on a level 100 mount if you want that 75%.

Legendary items are not common either. How would players feel if their 1mp from breastplate only came on Legendary BPs?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756599  Replies : 190  Views : 8248
posté July 23, 2014, 22:16:14 | #8

Quote (smallz117 @ 23 July 2014 21:55) *
What he is saying is that the character stats are calculated without the involvement of the movement speed increase.

While yes there is weight to the movement speed given from the mount, it seems it draws the +25% movement speed from just the fact that its a higher rarity mount

Relics have a fixed weight added to the weight of a legendary item for that level and slot.

It was stated there was no weight to the speed bonus:

* The present rate of movement on Dragoturkey is not counted in the total weight allocated.

If this is true and applies to the Ferox there is nothing regulating the amount of bonus it can provide. So the Relic mount is in essence gaining a FREE 25%-50% movement speed bonus. If there is no weight for that speed bonus... what's stopping them adding the exact same relic mount in the boutique with 100% speed bonus?

If the speed bonus is directly tied to the rarity it still means the relic mount is the only way to achieve 75% bonus. Which means it's exotic with no weight associated to it. How else can a player achieve 75% speed?

It certainly seems to me that it's free, so i want my relic belt to have a 25% speed bonus please. It has no weight cost after all  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756597  Replies : 190  Views : 8248
posté July 23, 2014, 21:35:57 | #9

Quote (dlexus009 @ 23 July 2014 21:06) *
Will we get some bonus damage with a faster play of game,

That would be interesting but opens up some problems. Classes like Feca or Sadida have long animations and multiple spells to perform one action. They'd be at a disadvantage.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756588  Replies : 10  Views : 388
posté July 23, 2014, 21:32:13 | #10

Quote (Dy7 @ 23 July 2014 20:50) *
For example, a ring has 30 000 (Legendary ring) + 20 000 (Relic) and a helm has 80 000 (Legendary helm) + 20 000 (Relic) but the additional weight provided by a Relic is the same.

So how can the extra 25% movement speed on relic mount have no weight?

There are no other ways to achieve that. You might say it's an exotic movement speed bonus.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756586  Replies : 190  Views : 8248
posté July 23, 2014, 21:27:47 | #11

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 23 July 2014 19:16) *

Ok... I officially want Gemlins back with useful stats now. I'd even be ok with new type to buy.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756584  Replies : 5  Views : 138
posté July 23, 2014, 20:09:30 | #12
I don't even have a 3,000 ogrine option.

I do have the fantastic 25$ 6k ogrine option.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756561  Replies : 20  Views : 474
posté July 23, 2014, 17:49:35 | #13
You need a subscription to use account chest.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756520  Replies : 6  Views : 179
posté July 23, 2014, 17:37:48 | #14

Quote (Elithril @ 23 July 2014 15:44) *
If Ankama doesn't change something about him, he will one day give a lvl 200 player team quite a hard time to craft lvl ~150 stuff.

Good point.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756518  Replies : 14  Views : 614
posté July 23, 2014, 17:35:19 | #15

Quote (Varonth @ 23 July 2014 16:14) *
Or you could see it as a bonus for your large purchase.

No.

Blah blah blah... you guys and your math. I'm not disputing the cost or it's value.

What about the person that only wants one month to try out the booster? It's entirely possible they don't even know if the service or game is worth it and want to try it out.

How about the person who only has a month left before school to play.

Myself, i do not want to sub for more than one month at a time. I plan to sub one account for a month and then a different one. Subbing for three months straight is a waste of my money because i don't play it for three months.

Please explain to me how I get a bonus in any of the above situations?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756517  Replies : 20  Views : 474
posté July 23, 2014, 15:50:45 | #16

Quote (lymsha @ 23 July 2014 03:33) *
So obviously, it's not just about trying to impede excessive powerleveling.

I wonder what it would take to get Ankama to place their gaming restrictions on us at the same time this bigger picture comes into play.

Does anyone actually believe there is a bigger picture at this point? How long can they string players along with combat revamps or crafting revamps that are in the works?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756481  Replies : 32  Views : 460
posté July 23, 2014, 15:40:20 | #17
OP has a point about the stat increases for Pit 1 boss. My gear hasn't changed much over the last 15 levels. I have nearly the same stats at 140 as I do 155. Those stat increases for the boss seem excessive.

The mechanic to keep the bosses level matching the team is important. That is how you drop runes of the appropriate level.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756475  Replies : 14  Views : 614
posté July 23, 2014, 15:31:28 | #18

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 22 July 2014 22:10) *
Ah, the joy of just doing something else, at that point! Even doing laundry is more rewarding.

Haha! Wakfu has made me appreciate how easy grinding the dishes, laundry, or gym really is.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756472  Replies : 28  Views : 655
posté July 23, 2014, 15:25:18 | #19
The mount should be a relic.

75% movement speed is valuable. Being able to move 25% or 50% faster will give players an edge in PvP or looking for quest mobs. Can you gather while on your mount?

I'm already annoyed by these mounts when i try to find quest mobs while waiting for party members. Players with 50% movement speed are getting ahead of me and there is nothing i can do.

I'm so f****** happy we have mounts and all the dragoturkeys are gone near the spawn locations. F2P is the worst thing to happen to this game, for me.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 23, 2014, 15:26:55.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756471  Replies : 190  Views : 8248
posté July 23, 2014, 15:16:05 | #20

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 23 July 2014 14:44) *
They didn't make Wakfu as a favor to you guys and to the community. Wakfu is a BUSINESS and it needs income to stay afloat and operational. If you can't afford it then don't get booster packs as simple as that.

It's not about being able to afford a booster. How many times do people need to keep saying it???

I want an ogrine pack to match each booster pack. So if i subscribe for one month or three.. i don't have to buy extra ogrines i don't want or need.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756467  Replies : 20  Views : 474