Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Gynrei's profile
Statistics
3616 Posts (2.94 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 18:30:34 | #1
I'd agree it makes no real difference when they start. Those ogrine items will sell on the market for fair prices which would hold just as much value. If they're only worth a few kama, then end game items are only worth a few kama. Still an advantage.

Ignoring ogrines, a player joining a game years in is playing catch up. A player joining a new game isn't.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855775  Replies : 30  Views : 676
posté Today - 16:07:32 | #2
Why are you stating the obvious Lou? They are fully aware what it means to join a game that's been released for years. I didn't say they wanted to start now either... you've assumed that mistakenly.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855759  Replies : 30  Views : 676
posté Today - 16:02:33 | #3

Quote (-Celio- @ 26 April 2015 13:59) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 26 April 2015 07:37) *
Somehow, whenever Ankama gets around to revamping crafting, i expect a huge amount of tears from players. How does a company expand their level 100 crafting system to match players at level 200? Do they just add another 100 levels to crafting and say, "go to it"? No one could make keys for dungeons spanning 90 end game levels etc.

Are you sure? :3

Am I sure what? If we have lvl 200 keys and Handyman needs to be 180/190 to make them, then yes.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855758  Replies : 9  Views : 307
posté Today - 13:09:17 | #4

Quote (LouCypher @ 26 April 2015 10:51) *
I think your argument is kind of silly. How is this any different from someone with real cash to burn who does the same thing? At least this levels the playing field a bit in that anyone can start with a free account in Dofus and build from there.

I agree, the ogrine exchange is just like spending RL money to sell items for in game kamas. It doesn't level the playing field in any significant way. It simply creates an additional way for a select group of players to gain another advantage over those without a long time Ankama (Dofus) history. Now we have players spending RL money or Dofus money to sell ogrine items for kama in Wakfu while there are players that can't do either.

You say anyone can start on Dofus and build from there but that's not true. When Ankama releases a new game, new players can't possibly catch up to those who started playing Ankama games earlier in their life, all things being equal. It's an advantage no two ways about it. If you want to debate the significance of that advantage that's another issue. But a system designed this way is unbalanced and will only become worse over time. Personally I'm fine with it but I understand why others are not.

I have friends who refuse to even try Wakfu because of this very reason. They want to compete at the top level in a game on equal footing. You can argue that if someone spends enough time and plays smarter they will surpass those advantages others have, and you'd be right. It doesn't change the fact that advantage exists and not everyone has the means or the will to start a game when they're already at a disadvantage. No matter how small. There are other games that don't put a player into the same position.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855712  Replies : 30  Views : 676
posté Today - 07:37:10 | #5
Somehow, whenever Ankama gets around to revamping crafting, i expect a huge amount of tears from players. How does a company expand their level 100 crafting system to match players at level 200? Do they just add another 100 levels to crafting and say, "go to it"? No one could make keys for dungeons spanning 90 end game levels etc.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855669  Replies : 9  Views : 307
posté Today - 07:30:09 | #6
Regardless how much money can be made by converting Dofus wealth to Wakfu, you're better off than someone who starts Wakfu as their first Ankama experience. When i play an MMO, especially at launch, i expect the playing field to be fair. I'm not here to debate the amount of advantage this exchange gives. The longer a person is playing ankama games the bigger this advantage grows. It's the whole concept i find silly.

How would a player feel about starting a newly released square game for the first time if all the square followers since FFI had this kind of advantage?

I will say the exchange is a neat concept to try and keep players in the Ankama camp forever. It's kind of like how players get invested into certain MMOs when so much time and effort is spent on them. It's never easy to let all that time go to waste. Look at it this way, now you can pass all those ogrines to your kids and grand kids.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855666  Replies : 30  Views : 676
posté Today - 02:40:50 | #7

Quote (HealingHand @ 24 April 2015 20:06) *
Right now my Eni's Water/Fire, but I'm giving some strong consideration to re-building her with Air/Fire.

Then again, with the Eni revamp coming, maybe I should sit back and see what gets changed with the class.

I'd probably wait and see but since it was announced eni/sadi revamp will be on the back burning there's no telling how long that will be.

I would choose cra for that third spot. Having Air dmg will help since you lack it atm and you can also add earth because while Feca has earth dmg the values are low because they all cast shields. This would give you Fire-Eni, Water-Feca, Air/Earth-Cra.

Thread : General  Preview message : #855594  Replies : 3  Views : 96
posté Today - 02:23:30 | #8
I think it's silly that players with plenty of wealth on Dofus can come to Wakfu and sell ogrine items to make a fortune. But it is what it is. Bright side is there's plenty of hammers to buy.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855587  Replies : 30  Views : 676
posté Yesterday - 23:35:05 | #9

Quote (Beezle @ 25 April 2015 22:26) *
I dont recall if this was your argument or not, but someone mentioned lock not generative hypermovement. if you want to lock( as in pin) someone you still need to mp which generates hypermovement. We can go into a whole discussion about how hypermovement disappear with the remaining mp, but who the fck cares? The argument was flawed as soon as mp chip{ that generated hypermovement) was involved. Do you get why i think you were a dumbass ?

I'm glad you think i'm dumb because of something you're not even sure i said. What if it turns out i didn't suggest that?

You really need to listen... I respond to you more harshly because you speak about and declare things on the forum in absolutes using very strong language. Do i really need to start quoting those various threads you've mentioned. Where you say how utterly useless lock is and I point out plenty of examples where players use lock to gain an advantage? I never said anything even close to lock being too strong. You give new players reading the forums the wrong idea and i feel obligated to correct you.

Quote (Loominova @ 25 April 2015 23:32) *

Quote (Beezle @ 25 April 2015 22:26) *
Trust. Im not reading your reply, so don't even bother writing one up.

Does anyone really believe that?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855541  Replies : 81  Views : 1230
posté Yesterday - 23:14:49 | #10
I love the direction this thread has taken. Keep those ideas coming.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855531  Replies : 18  Views : 324
posté Yesterday - 19:02:47 | #11

Quote (Gelgy @ 25 April 2015 18:56) *
the classes are fundamentally designed around their role in a team.

Very good point. Some classes even have abilities that only work in a team setting. A Feca for instance can't use Perfect armor in 1v1. Provocation is also worthless in 1v1. Panda's can't Milk Wave themselves for a nice heal. The list goes on and on.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855478  Replies : 29  Views : 626
posté Yesterday - 18:11:49 | #12
Thanks for the video. I like the design and animation for Ush.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855472  Replies : 7  Views : 354
posté Yesterday - 15:54:13 | #13
I can't get past the idea of using two swords on an ecaflip now. I don't believe any other class spells have two swords in their animation?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855449  Replies : 7  Views : 354
posté Yesterday - 15:46:49 | #14
I wish i knew what Ush does that would make for a great revamp. Does anyone have video of that fight? ATM, i'm just hoping Eca gets revamped before the game dies.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855444  Replies : 7  Views : 354
posté Yesterday - 12:30:52 | #15

Quote (Beezle @ 24 April 2015 05:08) *
Side stuff :[ im not one to call for changes but when it comes to pvp. I dont think the feca coags should stack the way they do.

I've just come to the conclusion that pandas cant beat tank fecas.

You can't beat Feca. Your conclusion, no Panda can beat Feca. Your solution, nerf Feca.

Quote (Beezle @ 25 April 2015 02:21) *
idg two lil shits about that. If you dont understand what im going through, why dont you lvl a panda and try fighting a feca ? then you'll understand.

You post and if someone disagrees with you it's just curse words and you claim they know nothing.

Quote (Fleisch @ 25 April 2015 01:02) *
Guys this thread is a lost cause, the OP obviously doesn't even want a response to his Title question: how do you kill a feca?

The only reason he made this thread is to find fellow people who share his opinion and whine along with him, thus any try to convince him otherwise will hit rock bottom.

So thats it, there really isn't anything else to say here.

The end

I agree.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855423  Replies : 81  Views : 1230
posté Yesterday - 12:02:02 | #16
Good luck in all that you do.

I agree Wakfu is improving and the problem is the time it's taking to improve. Considering the number of years Wakfu has been around you expect more from a game. With so many advertised and core features worthless or broken atm I don't blame anyone for staying away. The updates have slowed down considerably and the content produced per update has also slowed. Anyone claiming the last update for SB is content of any substance to help push the game forward, I'll have to disagree.

Class revamps are on on hold. Which is another broken core feature. How can Ankama even think about the high levels (THL) currently? Looking ahead to level 200 will not save Wakfu. The high levels are 157-175. With only Xelorium as dungeons. SB and flax/torm are all one room fights. I know many players who are bored to death with flax/torm. We need some activities for the community to be involved in that are not broken (i'm looking at you PvP). Wakfu has no end game atm.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855421  Replies : 52  Views : 1519
posté April 24, 2015, 23:39:19 | #17

Quote (Beezle @ 24 April 2015 22:45) *
The moment you get that im not on the forums to get the devs to make panda the be-all end-all class is the moment you'll stop with those idiotic replies.

Then why do you continue to post about how unbalanced other classes are. How the numbers need to be adjusted. How flaming doesn't work. How lock doesn't work. How this is useless and that isn't worth it. All you do is ask for things to change in favor of Panda.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855224  Replies : 29  Views : 626
posté April 24, 2015, 22:35:10 | #18
Did someone say, Mobile Arena.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855211  Replies : 25  Views : 551
posté April 24, 2015, 22:32:50 | #19

Quote (Beezle @ 24 April 2015 22:05) *

Some balance means every one should be able to hit a threshold of dmg. lets say 300+/- 10 base dmg. Being a dpt means you can go beyond that let say max 400 base dmg. Being a tank should mean you can coag that extra dmg 100 dmg the dpt do. This right here is balance.

How do you account for a panda getting a 20% hp coag that blocks 100% of the dmg for attacks within 2 cells? All for 2ap 1wp. How do you balance flaming dmg? Elusive dmg? Not all classes have the same abilities. Once you create this threshold you're asking for then it will become all about who has the best specialties. How will you balance those?

Edit: It's easy to say balance everyones threshold to 400. Because all you have to do is add or subtract some numbers to match up. But how do you balance the ability to toss players vs summon dolls?

This post has been edited by Gynrei - April 24, 2015, 22:43:29.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855208  Replies : 29  Views : 626
posté April 24, 2015, 22:05:44 | #20
I run a similar build atm as Earth/Air. I maxed all specialties except biting blow at 7 and sneaking getting any left over points. With 12ap I use Homing, Poison, Riddled, and Rain. I've been trying to find that 5th spell that finalizes the build and i've been happiest with plaguing.

I go through WP very quickly using eagle eye and roly poly turn one then more roly poly for backstab on subsequent turns. I think riddled and rain are must haves. riddled destroys anything weak to earth and biting+rain is an on demand high dmg spell to combine with sharpened. I dislike destructive unless you regularly play with a another cra.

Homing is only slightly weaker base dmg but you gain a 2ap spell that fits in when needed and builds reach faster than anything else. Poison is great if you're a high initiative build. getting that first poison proc on a target is almost as much dmg as another 5ap spell cast. I typically attack the targets weak to air in the beginning and once elusive stick with riddled.

The 5th spell i'm not very sure about. Plaguing is another noLoS spell. Some say one is enough but having two different element noLoS spells is also helpful. Eagle eye, homingx2, plus plague gives you max reach for poison on turn one. I've tried lashing and while the -3mp is sometimes nice you don't really need it for pvm. Storm is a strong choice imo because it is an AoE if you need one and the elusive dmg makes it effective. You don't gain any useful states with storm however.

Maybe you can try some things and sell me on that 5th spell^^.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #855191  Replies : 5  Views : 214