Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Gynrei's profile
Statistics
3716 Posts (2.94 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 18:01:19 | #1
Funny, I'm thinking of switching from Fire/Air to Water/Air lol. The only thing my Eni needs to log in for is SB, i don't see much need for fire spells there.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #867152  Replies : 546  Views : 8603
posté Today - 17:56:54 | #2
None of the stats are necessary but i do prefer a team that goes before dungeon mobs. If i'm in a team not going first i'll usually make some large sacrifices to change that. In HC Robowl a team needs to average 310 ini or so to go first in the three rooms before boss. I don't recall HC Vertox but it's considerably lower.

I prioritize runes depending on character role. Once i have the initiative i want, DPS get dmg runes while front line fighters get res.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867149  Replies : 26  Views : 577
posté Today - 09:43:34 | #3
Pretty much everything Hudski said.

In a single turn players could theoretically use 12AP+6MP+6WP. The dmg/ap of those different stats is essentially the same. Some classes can only spam 12AP a turn. At times Wakfu is about what class can use the highest amount of those resources each turn. Even with the balancing being done this way of life is unlikely to change.

Iops can use gust+uppercut for damage beyond most 12AP builds. Cra's can turn 6MP a turn into more crit and crit dmg. Panda has plenty of MP spells. If your class doesn't have a hard hitting WP spell to spam and possibly good WP regen that's another area you can fall behind the pack.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - May 27, 2015, 09:46:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867023  Replies : 35  Views : 818
posté Today - 08:59:05 | #4
I wish we could see secondary damages, crit rate, and range as well. Just having 1400% doesn't mean a whole lot. Was the Cra 12/6, Almanax, and food bonuses?

Interminable Cloack
Wa Cwown
Thoughts
Eternal
Golden Key Chain
Memory
Breath of Life
Tigus
Time-X Belt
Withered BP
Traditional Shoes
+3 Shushu Emblem
Golden Pet

The above is 12/6 + 1300% including guild bonuses. Swapping Golden Key Chain + Tigus for Bygone + Cheer Ring adds another 90%. Difficult to account for the final few%. 35% from food or another 30% Almanax. Spell exp distribution. Paradox eps +25, New Ancient Dagger +15.

Edit, The above is what i use for Earth/Air Cra. For AoE you probably only need to swap Time-X for Shock Absorber.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - May 27, 2015, 09:31:22.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #867016  Replies : 4  Views : 201
posté Today - 08:54:38 | #5
This seems to be what merging means around here:

This post has been edited by Gynrei - May 27, 2015, 10:07:00.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867014  Replies : 381  Views : 1909
posté Today - 08:42:43 | #6
I like the idea of reaching cap at 120 now. I'd still like to see more actives available earlier on but it's not the end of the world.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867012  Replies : 381  Views : 1909
posté Yesterday - 16:12:44 | #7
For Earth/Air i recommend Riddled, Rain, Poison, Homing, and Plague. Eagle Eye > Homingx2 > Plague > Poison = 50 Reach to maximize crarsenic dmg on turn one. Follow this with Evasive Riddle Arrow spam. You can easily have Sharpened arrowhead to combine with Rain+Biting on turn two to use on any target you see fit. You get two spells that do not need LoS and cheap AP costing spells to stack sharpening faster than other builds.

Destructive Arrow is overrated. It's only nice when you play with another Cra imo.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - May 26, 2015, 16:14:11.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #866730  Replies : 9  Views : 234
posté Yesterday - 14:41:54 | #8

Quote (Taku- @ 26 May 2015 08:02) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 26 May 2015 01:26) *
Who wants to make a guild on tree of savior when it comes out?

I'm so in, but isn't it gonna be months and months before that's out? Maybe years?

Count me in as well. Ankabox me any details if necessary. I'm playing X-Com until a new MMO comes out.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866700  Replies : 141  Views : 1921
posté Yesterday - 14:35:06 | #9

Quote (Rrae @ 26 May 2015 09:33) *

Quote (Hearttyace @ 26 May 2015 09:19) *
There were better ways to remedy this than having to actually take things away.
At the end of the day the changes are a global nerf. It is a easy way to remove "Level 1 utility spells" from someones kit by forcing players to use a pre-set number of spells. I doubt leaving spells at level 1 was the considered design of the current system as at the time it was a damage meta, it is now a resistance meta. That could be why it's being changed to draw away and force a player to decide how much utility they want/need and allowing for on the fly versatility changes instead of long term commitment.
A system with too many options should never be considered great, it should be considered lazy. A system with many great options that you only get a select few of should be considered a method of hand tailoring the class to your play-style. The current system is seeing a fashion of abuse that couldn't be predicted back when it was designed and the max level was 40.

Exactly. What other way should this have been handled Heartty? Ankama must have thought the limiting factor would be spell exp. Spells that weren't given a single point of exp shouldn't be so accessible and powerful. Feca's can drip armor and move at will. They sacrifice nothing for that ability atm. Classes can push opponenets and escape with level one spells, again, sacrificing nothing to do so. Any class like Eni without that option is at a disadvantage. Now, an Eni will gain another maxed spell as an option in comparison to someone else taking that push spell. The list goes on.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #866697  Replies : 546  Views : 8603
posté Yesterday - 14:15:00 | #10

Quote (Sheni @ 26 May 2015 14:13) *
As it is currently, anyone making a new Enutrof will litterally be unable to Drhellzerk until god knows which level.

Yeah, that is something that needs fixing in the lower levels.

Ankama might need to revert back to give actives more levels so they're usable at level 1 and just increase as you level up.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - May 27, 2015, 09:36:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866691  Replies : 381  Views : 1909
posté Yesterday - 13:54:48 | #11

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 26 May 2015 04:35) *
Sometimes constructive feedback is required to get thing working just right.

I'm with you on an increase in slots. But i'd say just one and it could be a class defining active spell. Xelor gets Dial etc.

Quote (Strogie @ 26 May 2015 07:55) *
but in those decks you'll only cast 12 total spells all the time.

It's funny because my cra only needs 5 spells and 4 actives. I use the two push spells for utility and the 5th active maybe once a fight. I could easily drop one utility and that active leaving me the option to add two more maxed spells to my build permanently. The deck system only makes my cra better. The new passives are extremely sexy as well.

Quote (saphiLC @ 26 May 2015 08:28) *
i cant fit everything in 11 slots, the same happens to my iop and feca, they are actually killing options, not creating them.

My Iop only needs 6 spells and maybe 5 actives. This leaves me one more spell to add. Another win.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866685  Replies : 381  Views : 1909
posté Yesterday - 13:47:04 | #12

Quote (Madd1 @ 26 May 2015 04:12) *
A better solution is to make dolls B: Not use Ankamas godawful AI. The AI is trash beyond trash. Every day it's left on the class I will be displeased.

Agreed. Ankama doll AI will never know when i want a pet to stay put and block LoS or pathing. NEVER.

Or if i need a doll to attack a mob from a certain side to leave room for another player to do their thing.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #866683  Replies : 48  Views : 768
posté Yesterday - 03:25:47 | #13

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 26 May 2015 03:14) *
In my opinion, it's worth it. But ONLY on items you know you won't be replacing for months, probably even a year.

Exactly. So to the OP, i wouldn't rune anything until level cap. If you happen to have runes you don't need or can't sell throw them into gear once since it costs you nothing. Don't spend money or hammers until end game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866550  Replies : 26  Views : 577
posté Yesterday - 01:31:32 | #14

Quote (Ryz0h @ 26 May 2015 00:55) *
If I played on Nox I would feel like quitting

I do.

Thread : 1.42 Bug Reports  Preview message : #866525  Replies : 9  Views : 260
posté Yesterday - 01:29:38 | #15

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 25 May 2015 18:05) *
Same can be said with late game relics. I personally would much rather sell all unlinked frags and relics, and take a linked one myself. This way I get the full value of the relic in kamas at its highest value while still keeping the item for free. I can then use those kamas to fully rune that relic along with other items

I'd do the same if i had any linked relics. As it is i sell the legendaries and use the kama to rune my linked equivilant.

Quote (HateSpawn @ 25 May 2015 18:30) *
So painfully insignificant

Even though i rune my gear i still feel the way Hate does. The problem is i have that kama sitting there collecting dust otherwise. I may be better off saving for the future but i don't care. I've played too many games where i stop playing and had stacks of unused items and potions 'for later'. I still have a bunch of Mea culpas collecting dust. So i'm not completely over that habit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866524  Replies : 26  Views : 577
posté Yesterday - 01:18:07 | #16

Quote (Testimony @ 25 May 2015 23:06) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 May 2015 21:36) *
I like the deck system and i still find it difficult to log into Wakfu currently.

Are you my long lost twin?

I could handle having a twin. So much fun could be had.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866520  Replies : 381  Views : 1909
posté Yesterday - 01:13:18 | #17
I can't pass up a chance to mention FFT.

I'd say your both correct about the comparisons. The point is that FFT and soon Wakfu both let you have many spells and skills maxed and are forced to choose which you take into battle. I think anytime someone speaks out against the deck system i'll simply respond with, "What!, you don't like FFT???"

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866518  Replies : 141  Views : 1921
posté Yesterday - 01:01:51 | #18

Quote (Hearttyace @ 25 May 2015 22:29) *
IF a class is able to do everything. HMM. Is that by fault of spell design?

What's everything to you anyways?

I think the game design is partly to blame. Ankama gave each class many different ways to play. I'd assume they did this to create build/role diversity. They failed. Atm players don't have to sacrifice too much to perform effectively in each branch.

I've exaggerated when i say everything. To be more specific i'd say performing well in all three of your elemental branches while having the whole toolkit from your passive and active spells. Each class and branch is different. So using Feca as an example the Fire branch is mid range DPS, debuffs, and glyph AoEs. Water has shields, long range DPS, and free dodge. Earth has self armor with minor DPS and AP buff. The actives have Perfect Armor and teleportation. There are a few more but atm a Feca can use most of it's tools quite effectively in any combat.

That said, I still feel like players could have benefited from more max spell options in combat. Spamming the same spams every fight is still annoying. It's also sad that players can only use 1/3 of their spells in combat to full effect. But how do you give us more spells without making us capable to do even more in combat. Which is what adding straight spell exp will do. So this deck system solves that imo. Classes won't be able to do even more in combat yet will gain the ability to change how they play battle to battle.

I have no doubt some classes will suffer more because of this deck system. Those are the classes that could probably do too much as the game currently stands.

Quote (Rolna @ 26 May 2015 00:47) *

I didn't read Rolna's post. But that's a really "tool" mindset Rolna has.

I don't get why you're even quoting me in that case.

lol

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #866512  Replies : 546  Views : 8603
posté May 25, 2015, 21:55:40 | #19

Quote (Hearttyace @ 25 May 2015 21:45) *
What the Deck system intends to do when it concerns spells is restrict them to make others look better. That's it.

I think the deck system stops players doing it all like we can now. Adding spell exp doesn't restrict anything. It makes things worse. I don't like a class being able to heal, tank, DPS, and map manipulate all at the same time and doing it all well. That's a Panda's role.  

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #866430  Replies : 546  Views : 8603
posté May 25, 2015, 21:46:36 | #20

Quote (Hearttyace @ 25 May 2015 21:39) *
So it's reasonable for it to be like that with the deck system but not that?
What are you even arguing man, Ok I'll establish it.
You have the ability to max 10 spells without the spell decks.
With the current system, Lock system is included because it's there.

What's stopping you from trying new builds.

Or we can flip it, and say You only can max 6 spells with the Deck system. What's better.

Reasonable for what to be like what?

I'm not quite sure what else you're asking that's different than before. I already explained why decks are better than simply adding spell exp.

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 25 May 2015 21:41) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 May 2015 21:27) *
Oh no I just realized something. Are respec scrolls going to remain to adjust our Major points, Force, and other stats?
There's no way you could've just realized that. I sense sarcasm...

Sadly no.

I assumed Ankama would need to leave us a reason to buy respec scrolls but i didn't put much thought into it.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #866422  Replies : 546  Views : 8603