No flash

Gynrei's profile
Statistics
3120 Posts (3.04 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté September 24, 2014, 14:43:29 | #1

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 24 September 2014 10:53) *
Xelors mummification is superior

Xelor hands down. For the reasons in the post above and because in short fights the HP given by Mummification can save you bread. In most zerg fights having that extra HP for only a 2ap raise will allow the raised player and Xelor to focus on more dmg instead of spending more ap to heal. Also... Xelors have other awesome abilities parties will enjoy. Personally I like both a Xelor and a Fire/Air Eni in my group.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780016  Replies : 8  Views : 306
posté September 24, 2014, 14:33:42 | #2
Making end game gear more accessible is better for Wakfu. It is only the first step imo. Ankama still has a lot more work to do in balancing the game, adding content, and important features.

Wakfu WAS a game where getting the best gear meant beating the toughest content. Beating that content meant having great gear. Getting great gear took a massive amount of time. Whether you played 16 hours a day or more casually over the span of two plus years this showed in your stats. Because the gear at end game was so much better than more common gear it wasn't even funny. Combine this with an above average class and things get worse. Before someone tells me it was easy as pie getting +10 end game gear I do understand you can take shortcuts but it's not exactly the standard.

Players in this position (optimal gear) could step on others at the same level in common gear like they were ants. If this is the kind of game you want to play you'll have to look elsewhere. Wakfu is no longer that game. That said, Wakfu still has many balancing issues and bugs that make it broken. Ankama still has a long way to go.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780012  Replies : 126  Views : 1809
posté September 22, 2014, 23:43:05 | #3

Quote (Elithril @ 22 September 2014 22:45) *
I'm tired of reading people battleing in this thread, especially since the topic is always Sadida.

I find it more entertaining than Wakfu PvP.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779135  Replies : 703  Views : 17320
posté September 18, 2014, 17:09:45 | #4
Are there still lvl 195 Sidekicks floating around or has that been fixed?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777508  Replies : 8  Views : 335
posté September 17, 2014, 17:19:35 | #5

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 17 September 2014 16:26) *
its the end game NOW and right now that's what matters not whats gonna happen a year from now.

Completely agree. I've stated my opinion enough about the game so I won't repeat myself. Ankama is likely looking forward to the players joining from steam or those that may have come back. For many of them Wakfu will be a new experience with many problems like most 'new' MMO's. Personally I have a hard time forgetting all the crap that's come before and it really sours my experience.

For those of us that have stuck it out since beta... I don't think there's many of us left and Ankama probably doesn't care if we give up waiting at this point.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777070  Replies : 163  Views : 3801
posté September 16, 2014, 02:05:18 | #6

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 16 September 2014 01:41) *
Make a cap on how many tokens one can get from dungeon daily. That will slow down no-lifers and will not punish those who have life.

This has been done in other MMO's and while I can live with such a system I see no reason to actually implement it. Slowing down a players progress by adding these limitations doesn't improve the game. If a player wants to grind non stop for 48hours straight and do what takes others a month, let them.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776365  Replies : 163  Views : 3801
posté September 15, 2014, 23:35:07 | #7

Quote (picklesaregood @ 15 September 2014 23:15) *
Just a matter of time boys and girls before you log on wakfu and find your self with nothing to do

For some players this will be true. For others it will not. I know which player is the vast majority.

The real argument is what type of game do you enjoy. Wakfu was dying under it's old philosophy. Ankama had to make a choice. Know the players need to re-evaluate theirs.

There is still time for the grind to return... because Ankama seems to think the drop rates etc will be lower as we approach level 200. A ridiculous plan/system imo. I can't speak for the difficulty as that's largely subjective.

Imagine if they used this philosophy when Wakfu was originally released and the level cap was 60. It would seem like everything drops instantly. The game wouldn't feel tough or worth playing at all. Would players really keep playing until higher levels and harder drops or content were introduced?

And Pickle, you're right. Atm there isn't much at end game I enjoy so I'll be logging on less and less. The PvP system and class balance is trash. But that doesn't mean the update isn't good for Wakfu overall. If PvP rankings were added without all the other changes we'd be having this same discussion. The best PvPers would be the best geared players. And of those, the top would be the best classes. Either way, Ankama better fix it before I get bored.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776330  Replies : 163  Views : 3801
posté September 15, 2014, 21:22:56 | #8
I don't care if players can farm the best relics in 10mins.

For a competitive end game, especially in PvP, you need more players on equal footing at end game. Equal footing is based on level, gear, and to some degree stats. Stats will vary based on build choices and class.

MMO's have some grind to get to endgame while most FPS's do not. If the level playing field in Wakfu is equivalent to grinding 24hours a day for months until a new patch is released and you have to do it all over again... something is horribly wrong. In that situation it means only a handful of people can compete. This means a smaller population truly at endgame. Fewer people to compete with is less fun. It's harder to find battles where you get to do what you logged in to do. That was Wakfu before global revamp.

Wakfu will never be balanced so the no lifers can spend months grinding the best gear to obliterate all challengers while the casuals only spend 1hour a day to be at that same level competing.

The grind needs to be found in different places that do not impact the PvP experience. Maybe it's titles, aura's or other areas that do not affect level, gear, and stats.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776273  Replies : 163  Views : 3801
posté September 15, 2014, 15:29:38 | #9
Wakfu is in a better place now than it was before. There is nothing wrong with most players gaining power easier and reaching similar stats as the most hardcore player.

Hopefully Ankama will add content and balance the game around this new meta. The future of Wakfu is still in their hands because there is a lot of work still to do. Class balancing or some way to facilitate group PvP for example. With characters reaching similar stats unlike before we can truly have HC content that will show off a players skill.

Ankama is moving in the right direction. They just need to find the right balance. This is only the first step.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776155  Replies : 163  Views : 3801
posté September 14, 2014, 05:24:47 | #10

Quote (EskimoF @ 14 September 2014 01:07) *
Smith magic hammers are not required in any of the games system. We do not need smith magic hammers.

Why do we need zaps then? Would you prefer to play Wakfu with no zap's or dragoturkey's? Might as well run and boat every where in game. They're not required... as you put it. As long as Ankama gives us a way to accomplish something it's ok right, no matter how tedious??

Is this the argument you're making?

Heaven help us all if you ever design an MMO.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 13 September 2014 20:45) *
Is your reading comprehension horrible

And this^

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775636  Replies : 36  Views : 554
posté September 13, 2014, 14:33:30 | #11
Smithmagic hammers are the bottleneck. If you don't have a way to make kama that will also be an issue. Considering the speed you can clear Flaxhid and the usually guaranteed 100pp bonus runes are not a bottleneck. The time it takes getting your gear to +7's is reasonable. The last step to +10 is rough and expecting someone to use two runes instead of hammers is ridiculous. Even more so now that that % bonus from runes is much less compared to the whole.

Note: I have not tried Flaxhid after the dodge/lock revamp.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775410  Replies : 36  Views : 554
posté September 12, 2014, 00:07:26 | #12

Quote (maisafie @ 11 September 2014 23:40) *

7. Why do lvl 160 players attack lvl 120 ?

Because Ankama has set up the system so that killing a person 40 levels lower than you is rewarding.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774611  Replies : 11  Views : 502
posté September 12, 2014, 00:04:40 | #13
Open PvP has been available for ages... Rankings and points have not.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774609  Replies : 25  Views : 864
posté September 11, 2014, 21:00:32 | #14
I'd be ok if Sidekicks were permanently the same level as the player. It sucks a little bit for players like me who spent the time leveling up multiple sidekicks but it wouldn't be so bad.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774510  Replies : 10  Views : 508
posté September 11, 2014, 20:50:37 | #15
Take advantage of them while you can lol.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774503  Replies : 10  Views : 508
posté September 11, 2014, 20:49:40 | #16
Haha, that was pretty good. I take my hat off to you sir^^

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774501  Replies : 11  Views : 332
posté September 11, 2014, 20:43:10 | #17

Quote (Tsukimara @ 11 September 2014 20:23) *
Doesnt change the fact that pking was in the game. And that was my whole point. People are acting as if pking and grieving is suddenly a new feature in the game. Wrong it has always been there.

While you are correct, I'd like to think you can see how the PvP update had different practical effects in the world of Wakfu compared to before.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774494  Replies : 47  Views : 1053
posté September 11, 2014, 20:34:55 | #18
Being able to leave your form willingly feels like an after thought from Ankama. They added the ability to Enu's I believe during their revamp which was after Osa's. If that wasn't the case I just blew my whole argument out of the water

Look at the evolution of shields for instance. The first ones were very basic for the Sadida. They have since evolved for Feca's. You can look at Sram doubles and then the Masq double as well. Ankama took past ideas and evolved them or simply combined them with other strong abilities. This is probably the reason the latest revamped classes are strong by comparison.

Plus back when builds were typically mono element and stronger no one really worried about Dragon form. You had to play one element and if you were air there was no reason to leave Dragon form. With mono being the minority now it makes sense to revisit Dragon Osa and bring them up to speed. I'd like to think it will happen in the future... the question is when.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774487  Replies : 703  Views : 17320
posté September 11, 2014, 20:17:25 | #19

Quote (Tsukimara @ 11 September 2014 19:47) *
Grieving is now no different than before this update. You could always be grieved any given time and this is a fact.

Incorrect.

Before the update you knew killing a player would yield no rank or points. After update killing players with wings MIGHT give you those things. Ankama didn't give players a way to know when they are killing players worth points or not. So many players are accidentally being PK'ed. It is a massive difference.

I just read the patch notes for the latest Hotfix... it seems Ankama added a way to tell if a player is worth points. Hopefully this will help the situation.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774471  Replies : 47  Views : 1053
posté September 11, 2014, 19:22:02 | #20
Why is everyone so inconsiderate?

PvP as it currently stands is a travesty. Any PvP system should make it abundantly clear when you're attacking a player of the appropriate level so you can both enjoy what you logged in to do. It should also be clear when you're attacking players lower level that yield no points so you know attacking them is grieving. Of course a broken PvP system does no one any good except those that want an easy rank and points.

Everyone saying the system is fine and this could happen before needs to stop and think for a second. If you really think this system is fun and fair for everyone I'd like to see you leave the game instead. Not these poor souls that are just trying to enjoy the game their way.

This is Steams release after all. I hope everyone new to Wakfu is getting a good taste of what's in store for them. I'm sad to be part of this community atm.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774424  Replies : 47  Views : 1053