Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Taku-'s profile
Statistics
812 Posts (0.62 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 16:05:18 | #1
Eni's have suffered for a long time with the addition of Heal Res and how armor/shield mitigation is currently far superior to Heals as a result. My hope is that with Enis they address heal res globally, at which point it makes it easier to then modify all other classes that work off of the same system (Sadi, masq, osa, eca). But it makes sense to target the main cause for heal res and give them their due before branching off to all the other classes with it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #844287  Replies : 169  Views : 4014
posté Yesterday - 10:30:30 | #2
I don't mind you being around the forums. I just mind the raging erection you try to thrust into so many topics about Masqs and how craptier they are when it's just not true. they've got problems but they're definitely not bottom of the barrel by any means. S'all good though man, you do you.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843898  Replies : 169  Views : 4014
posté Yesterday - 06:28:50 | #3
If it means I don't have to see whining about Sadidas and Masqs in a thread once a week then I'm kind of okay with both not getting a revamp for a while.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843866  Replies : 169  Views : 4014
posté Yesterday - 00:04:29 | #4
Sram's are still better than Iop's, people just aren't used to Iop's being good anymore, since they haven't been particularly competitive since the game's launch when they had things like no limits on uppercut (6 WP turn 1 wut) and Gust (6 MP facestomping).

You gon' learn today.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843770  Replies : 50  Views : 1100
posté March 25, 2015, 02:30:07 | #5
Thanks. Looks great. I want one.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843128  Replies : 80  Views : 3713
posté March 25, 2015, 02:06:20 | #6
You know he max level stats for the crow?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843122  Replies : 80  Views : 3713
posté March 24, 2015, 10:03:39 | #7
Jabs combo required you to do Gust > Jabs > Jabs and makes the target(s) hit by jabs immune to the AoE damage. Keep in mind that the only way to properly synergize the starting Gust is to start it after the end of a Gust combo (Wallop > Flurry > Gust), which then prevents the lead-in to the prep combo (Gust > Gust > Uppercut).

So your biggest single-target hitting spells (Jabs) can never gain the bonus of your best combo proc (prep combo) while keeping a combo flow going.

Jabs damage at level 170 is 69, 128 for the AoE around the target. So you're paying 1 MP + 6 AP for (18 + 69*2 = 156) main target damage + 128 AoE damage.

Devastate: Same AoE range, but because the Iop is in the center and it doesn't require a target which becomes immune, Devastate can hit one additional target. It does 107 damage, +5% damage per MP you have not yet used. It generates 5 less power, but 5 slugger that the Jab's combo does not. This move does comparable damage (and potentially much more damage), but requires a lot less setup and can be used even without MP, whereas you just can't AoE without MP for Jab's combo. You could argue Jab's combo is more consistant, but Devastate has more potential for sure, and better positioning (mobs don't huddle up unless surrounding someone, generally speaking, meaning you as the center is easier positioning than a mob one cell away).

Iop's Wrath: Larger AoE that has four extra squares. Does 149 damage, straight up more than the Jab's combo to all but the main target, it applies a debuff that will proc for an extra 107 damage uncommonly, *and* it generates 10 more power than Jab's combo does. You trade 7 base damage to one target for an extra 21 damage per additional target, meaning if you hit two people with it, you've already done more damage than you would have with Jab's combo. It costs a WP, which can be a restriction, but as long as you have one it gets you 4/10 of the way to another WP, not counting passive power generation.

So at a base, Devastate is comparable, and Iop's wrath is straight-up better. But then you have to remember the fact that Jab's combo can never benefit from its own branch's best combo, the uppercut combo, which gives +20% final damage for your next attack. So right then and there, Devastate and Iop's wrath outpace Jab's combo any time you can prep it (which should be almost always).

Jab's combo *is* lackluster for the amount of preparation you have to do for it, the fact that there is an opportunity cost having Gutting Gust involved in it when Gust is better spent on other combos, and the fact that Jabs both has a high AP cost, the lowest damage ratio of the tree, and can't benefit from uppercut combo's preparation buff. If you think Jab's combo is competitive, you clearly haven't looked at the numbers which show it outpaced by the other two tree's actual AoE's.

This is basically true of the other air combos, sans Uppercut's. Wallop combo is situational and the collision damage is subpar, and gust's extra damage is overshadowed every time by the massive combos of flaming generation from Thunderbolt and SIP's 1/3 turn destruction. Air *is* in the worst shape of all the three trees, and while Iops are obviously in such a good state that Air is perfectly viable, it's certainly not competitive with the other two trees. And the best time to bring up this fact is while they're still trying to adjust the class, not months down the road when they've moved onto revamping other classes.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #842863  Replies : 26  Views : 1478
posté March 24, 2015, 08:44:16 | #8
I didn't say bad, I said lackluster, and you can drop the condescension.

How many people spec Air for more than just Gust and Uppercut and the prep combo? Almost everyone is just focusing on fire for flaming and SIP. I have come across a lot of Iop's and I'm the only one using air for more than those two spells as far as I've seen.

None of the branches are bad, obviously, but fire is clearly the standout and Air does not need a nerf via gutting gust as a result. And Jabs is a bad choice, because you have this thing called limited spell XP, and you're hurting yourself to take all five spells just to have one aoe.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #842856  Replies : 26  Views : 1478
posté March 24, 2015, 08:36:23 | #9
Y'all must be forgetting how Air Eca was basically just a better version of Air Iop.

But that also had to do with Air Eca's passive/actives at the time, and that the eca move was just flat-out better than jump.

Either way, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Air eca's return in place of Fire. never really liked that branch anyway. Definitely don't want to see them lose water because of it, though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #842854  Replies : 18  Views : 840
posté March 24, 2015, 06:46:16 | #10

Quote (Duzy-Sadysta @ 23 March 2015 17:21) *
Power decrease by 50% instead of 40% on beta.

This is actually true of the live version as well. Unknown if power losing half instead of 40% is a bug or intended and the 40% is a typo.

Thread : General  Preview message : #842837  Replies : 170  Views : 4937
posté March 23, 2015, 15:43:36 | #11
Gutting Gust specifically doesn't necessarily need a damage buff: The combo proc damage does. limiting it to 2/target instead of 4/turn hurts everybody equally, but I think the major issue with it was how powerful it was to spec into while hybriding and just doing the smart thing and just getting gust/uppercut.

Air is right now kind of a lackluster branch (it has the worst AoE and is not even really competitive for single target anymore, like it used to, given SIP's functioning). Buffing the gust combo proc would be a good way to ensure Air-mains don't get shafted needlessly.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #842556  Replies : 26  Views : 1478
posté March 21, 2015, 21:32:25 | #12
First, there is a suggestion forum specifically for this. Second, No. Just, No.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #842069  Replies : 42  Views : 1562
posté March 21, 2015, 19:47:45 | #13
No but seriously, Broko, you should do your voodoo and have them unnerf the air combo's damage if gutting gust is only going to be 2/target, that way air doesn't lose out on damage from the gust change, while it does hamper hybrids like it's most likely intended.

Thread : General  Preview message : #842040  Replies : 170  Views : 4937
posté March 21, 2015, 11:08:38 | #14
You can still backstab with SIP so if you get positioning right then you won't see a huge damage decrease. But yeah, if you go for front/side like you did with Focus you'll be doing a modest amount less.

Thread : General  Preview message : #841961  Replies : 170  Views : 4937
posté March 21, 2015, 07:31:30 | #15
That requires all five spells and generally speaking you can not level all five spells even near max.

Skip Jabs. Plain and simple, they made the new Jabs the old Intimidate/Wallop, and it's bad. Its DMG/AP is bad, its AoE is situational at best and expensive, and the +2 AP combo is overshadowed by the gust > gust > uppercut combo, which scalds and gives +20% dmg. You're giving up 2 chances of +20% prep damage for that 2 AP, which is generally not going to be as worthwhile.

with four spells you can max or near-max the others, and all you gotta do then is:

Wallop > Flurry > Gust (Combo proc) > Gust > Uppercut (combo proc, Prep up)

Repeat. Second wallop gets +20% dmg. That's 6 AP / 4 MP / 2 WP spent and you're close to regaining one from concentration.

If your enemy is up against a wall and you have 8 AP, add Flurry*2 prior to the first Wallop and get that combo proc in. Other than that, use any other spell-Shaker here works great at 10 AP, because you can just Shaker*2 if you didn't spend AP to leap. If you have 12 AP, you can SIP twice, or Thunderbolt twice for flaming stacks (you already got two scalds off to work with it), or you can stick with Shaker*3.

And to be quite frank, you could probably keep Flurry low if you want, don't ever bother with the Wallop combo (because good luck frequently getting the collision damage, which is subpar to begin with for its niche), and have more spell XP for your other branch(es).

Mono air is just not advisable. Jabs is really not worth taking, but you have to have it if you want to expend more than 8 AP in the air tree.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #841923  Replies : 10  Views : 965
posté March 21, 2015, 05:18:57 | #16

Quote (Testimony @ 20 March 2015 21:32) *

Quote (Taku- @ 20 March 2015 20:34) *
Changing gutting gust to 2/target means you can't double gust combo + double the uppercut combo anymore. Why the nerf to air? It's hardly overpowered and as it is, Air is not especially attractive to most as a main branch anyway, and that's what it's really hurting. People who are using gutting gust for the uppercut prep combo aren't going to really care about the loss as much as people actually specing air.

And nerfing defensive stance? Seems crazy to me. I really don't think it was an issue to begin with.

Double Gust combo + Double uppercut combo can be far more rewarding then it has business being when you can role with a level 1 Flurry and get amazing damage. Makes sense to Gut it because its ridiculous.

Meanwhile with all 5 air spells at an even level you can. gutting gust combo x2, Flurry Combo x1, then Jabs, then Flurry on top of that, and throw out 2 individual gusts and do 588 base. The loss of 2x gutting gust only bring it down 38 points so its 552. Still waaaaaay more damage then double Gutting gust combo + double uppercut combo while also giving AP to allies. I'm more peeved that they're cutting the hell into Mono air, given that Mono *everything* is basically pissed on.
/mad

I don't agree, frankly. They gutted both air combo's single-target additional damage, even though one of them requires the target be able to take collision damage/stabilized. The double gust combo + double uppercut combo is not OP by any means.

With all five at an even level you're both losing out on both other trees, and you're compromising your damage on your own mono element. Also, flurry combo is generally not worth using unless you can buff multiple allies nearby you, and even then it's probably better to just maximize damage on an enemy and remove a mob from combat rather than give +2 AP.

But yes, mono air in general was heavily discouraged after the changes and that's somewhat disappointing since it's been a lot more viable pre-changes.

to Broko:

Even if air's lifesteal is buffed, the fact that its base damage is being lowered *so* much heavily discourages its use, period. At this point they should really consider either removing the air component altogether or changing it to something that is not so counter-intuitive, lowering your damage while giving you leech based on the damage you do. And on that note, more than just Shaker should receive a lock bonus while casting earth spells with defensive stance up, and Shaker's lock bonus from it should be improved from 1 lock per 10 spell levels. That's rather weak.

And I'm sorry, but being allowed to "cast Gutting Gust in the air" to keep up your combos is just plain lame. How the hell is it fun for anybody to cast a spell at an empty square, doing no damage, just to get a combo effect? There's absolutely no way air's damage was so extreme that they felt they had to remove 2 19-base damage spells from it. But if they're going to do that, they should at the least improve Gust's combo damage so that air-mains don't suffer for it. I suspect the real issue with gust's change was to prevent air hybrid damage from being as good as it was to begin with, because trying to use air for more than gutting gust and uppercut is kind of a losing battle in comparison to the other two trees.

Thread : General  Preview message : #841908  Replies : 170  Views : 4937
posté March 20, 2015, 20:38:21 | #17

Quote (Merriden @ 20 March 2015 03:15) *

Quote (Taku- @ 18 March 2015 11:07) *
Foggers:
Make Stomp 1 MP and half its effects and let you cast it twice, just making it easier to use.

I'm uncomfortable with that prospect, because I use Stomp for blockades. Your suggestion means either I'd get 2 blockades for just 2 MP (overpowered) or that I could only make 1 blockade for half the HP it used to provide. (underpowered)
I mean for both those to be true. You can make two blockades with it at half HP the provides now.

Thread : General  Preview message : #841747  Replies : 34  Views : 1408
posté March 20, 2015, 20:34:47 | #18
Changing gutting gust to 2/target means you can't double gust combo + double the uppercut combo anymore. Why the nerf to air? It's hardly overpowered and as it is, Air is not especially attractive to most as a main branch anyway, and that's what it's really hurting. People who are using gutting gust for the uppercut prep combo aren't going to really care about the loss as much as people actually specing air.

And nerfing defensive stance? Seems crazy to me. I really don't think it was an issue to begin with.

Thread : General  Preview message : #841745  Replies : 170  Views : 4937
posté March 19, 2015, 05:30:27 | #19
I'll trade you. IGN: Lord of War

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #841037  Replies : 3  Views : 144
posté March 18, 2015, 23:44:05 | #20
You would think they'd learn to do all classes at once, at least an initial pass-through, rather than continue to stretch the revamps on for two years. they did this before and it was generally met with a lot of frustration from the playerbase. Oh well, maybe they'll learn eventually.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #840918  Replies : 149  Views : 3186