Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Taku-'s profile
Statistics
837 Posts (0.6 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté June 10, 2015, 21:40:31 | #1
Well Iop's were super fun for what, two months? And then they realized Iop's can't have fun again, and nerfed the shit out of them.

If you're going to be doing this again, make Bravery Standard an actually good thing to use and have its benefits of +res apply to all allies in battle (and not enemies who stand next to it) or have it apply a global -res or -final dmg buff to all enemies in the fight for as long as it's up (because it can just be destroyed). give Iops some kind of buff or debuff that is *actually useful* if you're going to gut Flaming and nerf SIP and limit Jump's Range and all the other nerfs you've decided on after releasing them (which just goes to show you weren't really done revamping Iop, given they've had waaay more substantial changes (read: nerfs) than any other class that's been revamped).

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #873703  Replies : 97  Views : 3865
posté May 26, 2015, 21:52:08 | #2
MP costs on spells should be a very, very rare thing (like Gutting Gust), and not a normal tax for half the spells in a class's repertoire. It's as simple as that.

Those thinking it's somehow a bad thing.. you're wrong. Iop's skills that had them, like Devastate, got buffed and made better through their revamps, not worse. And skills that are purely MP (like Gutting Gust) weren't removed, or changed to AP. They remain as they always have been. It's the hybrid ones that are going away, for the most part, and that's a good thing.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866849  Replies : 35  Views : 1341
posté May 26, 2015, 17:20:50 | #3
All of Iop's skills had their MP costs removed except for Gutting Gust, which has always only costed MP, and is meant to be unique in that fashion.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866754  Replies : 35  Views : 1341
posté May 26, 2015, 08:02:33 | #4

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 26 May 2015 01:26) *
Who wants to make a guild on tree of savior when it comes out?

I'm so in, but isn't it gonna be months and months before that's out? Maybe years?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866603  Replies : 141  Views : 2869
posté May 23, 2015, 21:45:30 | #5
People leveling under the new system will naturally gain a lot more spell XP by virtue of being uncapped, meaning they'll never be limited in the way everyone else was to begin with.

And it's natural to respec once you're at endgame anyway, because of a number of factors.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #865546  Replies : 64  Views : 2290
posté May 23, 2015, 21:04:24 | #6

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 23 May 2015 07:38) *

For high level play, I'm somewhat hopeful that this system is a bit more reasonable, but I admit that I'm somewhat worried about some dungeons gleaning from the experiences of the more veteran players here.

For my own use, I find it kinda neutral, it might help, it might not, I can't exactly say until I try it for myself

It's also frustrating how people keep talking about having "8 spells maxed" when they still need to level all those 8 spells. Spell levels won't come any faster, the only difference is that the spell level cap is drastically higher. Before people will get to enjoy their imaginary OP decks, they'll either have to grind for an eternity, or fork over 3k ogrines for a respec scroll or farm the restat materials.

Like others have said, some simpler classes will benefit, but those of us that use complex classes that require a lot of critical thought at the highest levels of play will have to make some tough sacrifices.

Um? Everyone will get a respec when the system is put out, which will thereby move them up and grant them the additional spell XP, unless I'm missing something and somehow respecing on the beta server grants you more spell XP than you'll get on the live one somehow.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #865529  Replies : 64  Views : 2290
posté May 23, 2015, 20:59:08 | #7
It's kind of a joke how they revamped several classes, and then decided to change the spell system by which every class is made, and thereby change all passives and actives of both revamped AND unrevamped classes. And this is AFTER they said they were unlikely to make small changes to classes because it would take too much time and not be worth it.

Seriously? It's just sad to see the changes to Iops on beta right after they were revamped. Defensive Stance is back to being a joke.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #865525  Replies : 141  Views : 2869
posté May 14, 2015, 02:47:54 | #8
What about all the people in Requiem, eh?

Take care, man. You got my skype. If you ever come back you know I'll help you get some gear and get back into stuff (though you always did better at that than me, anyway). Stay cool, bro. Hope to see you around again someday.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #861511  Replies : 52  Views : 2776
posté April 22, 2015, 16:38:25 | #9
Jabs is not a good choice to take in favor of gutting gust on pure virtue of the fact that Gust is the best way to make use of MP to damage via Iop, and Jabs only use is to give access to the worst AoE Iops have. Devastate and Iop's wrath are both better for damage and their AoE size.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #854368  Replies : 5  Views : 2360
posté April 20, 2015, 17:26:44 | #10
I don't think there's any good reason to have done it this way. Should've let people 165+ do the UB.

But w/e, it's an excuse to raise the level cap and say 'look at the new content that came with it' even if it's just a UB. A redo of an existing UB, at that.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #853739  Replies : 19  Views : 1558
posté April 16, 2015, 18:55:55 | #11

Quote (-Celio- @ 15 April 2015 12:21) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 15 April 2015 06:37) *
After seeing that the relic helm is linked when equipped i'm not so sad anymore.

is a lvl 175 Relic, if by any chance the max lvl ends being 200 and not more then that relic will be usefull for ever.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 15 April 2015 03:45) *
Damn shame tbh i almost feel bad for the people i bought ring helm and bp off of when shushu weps came out lmao

Almost minimikeh, almost.

They've already told us they are going to continue increasing 'item levels' even when you're max level, so this isn't particularly true. Eventually, even starter level 200 items will be outclassed as they continue to bring out more and more content to keep people playing.

That said, any of the 100+ relics are decent enough to be relevant, for the most part, and will remain useful for a long time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852162  Replies : 152  Views : 10360
posté April 11, 2015, 19:08:47 | #12
They won't do it, most likely, because of the fact that you get a weekly quest that gives a still-significant amount of kamas/XP in exchange for downing the UB for the week. and changing that would require time and effort to remove so people don't farm it for easy xp/kamas.

And TBH, if they change it so it works like the new UB in that all token items require only 3 weeks instead of 6, I think that will also help alleviate the gear-acquirement issues.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #849599  Replies : 41  Views : 1574
posté April 08, 2015, 16:31:25 | #13

Quote (Gelgy @ 08 April 2015 09:01) *
Shaker and Devastate are both top-notch, and the only reason people don't use Charge is because we're comparing it to Super Iop Punch. Impact is the only Iop spell that's really garbage.

Some Air combos might be a little underpowered, but I think most people are going Air/Fire because that's close to Mango's build.

Devastate is top-notch. Shaker, not so much.

For 1 WP and a 3 turn cooldown you can get level/10 extra lock per cast.. which is actually worse than Flaming's lock bonus just by using thunderbolt (and without having to pay a WP, or have your damage lowered by 40%, or wait several turns for it to get off CD). Shaker's interaction with D-stance is very poor, and I'm not sure why they even put it in there. It could really stand to be replaced with something else that's actually worthwhile.

People are rightly going air/fire because it's just smart to do so. Mango might have figured that out first but it ain't hard to see for yourself it's the right thing to do. Charge isn't used because you can't combo it with itself nearly as easily, and it's main purpose is still just as a map movement skill.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #848187  Replies : 12  Views : 2059
posté April 08, 2015, 07:44:09 | #14

Quote (visitor888 @ 07 April 2015 23:55) *

Quote (Taku- @ 05 April 2015 14:03) *

Quote (Heartyace @ 05 April 2015 04:54) *
Oh I did this already for my build.

Unless your mono air or 3 spells in air it's less damage than SiP combo is worth taking.

SiP allows for the taking of gust and Uppercut. Which is why it's so great. It's a damage loss to miss out on one of them (Though when it comes down to it, Take Uppercut). Not taking flurry is a damage loss too.

And that is basically why Air fails in comparison to Earth and Fire. You need to take too many spells in order to do the combos, and any spell you use for a combo that isn't leveled is a straight up DPS loss versus the other two trees, which don't require chaining attacks together (except in the case of Charge and SIP, which use the exact same attack) to function optimally.

Air is simply not a good choice unless more spell XP is allotted to really make use of the combos and the fact that you're using 4/5 of the spells.
This is probably my favorite part of the new Iop. You want to hit hard? Well there is the inconsistancy of fire for big burst or there is the air combo for high constant damage but it requires a heavy spell investment. You want a little tankiness and ap chip? go earth.

The fact is that now that the iop deals so much damage, we can actually have diversity in builds and still be awesome. The fact that no build for the iop is the best build for all iops is a testament to how well done the revamp was.

Is that why most people are air/fire and it's not really recommended to even bother with air/earth? Lol. Fire is by far a better branch than the other two Impact is a worthless skill. Charge is lackluster because of its 2 minimum range.

I don't know what you're smoking, thinking there's some great diversity. the general concensus is still to use the SIP combo, stack flaming between burst turns, and grab gust/uppercut from air for mp/wp direct damage + prep combo for SIP.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #848090  Replies : 12  Views : 2059
posté April 05, 2015, 14:03:10 | #15

Quote (Heartyace @ 05 April 2015 04:54) *
Oh I did this already for my build.

Unless your mono air or 3 spells in air it's less damage than SiP combo is worth taking.

SiP allows for the taking of gust and Uppercut. Which is why it's so great. It's a damage loss to miss out on one of them (Though when it comes down to it, Take Uppercut). Not taking flurry is a damage loss too.

And that is basically why Air fails in comparison to Earth and Fire. You need to take too many spells in order to do the combos, and any spell you use for a combo that isn't leveled is a straight up DPS loss versus the other two trees, which don't require chaining attacks together (except in the case of Charge and SIP, which use the exact same attack) to function optimally.

Air is simply not a good choice unless more spell XP is allotted to really make use of the combos and the fact that you're using 4/5 of the spells.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #847219  Replies : 12  Views : 2059
posté April 04, 2015, 15:52:13 | #16
this is still under the assumption you can get them up against something to take advantage of the collision damage, which happens half the time or less. Which is why collision damage is so lackluster to begin with. It's an unreliable mechanic.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #847011  Replies : 12  Views : 2059
posté April 03, 2015, 05:12:35 | #17

Quote (Diedrick @ 01 April 2015 02:49) *
Seriously though, is there *ANY* class that can beat IOP in a fair 1vs1? Just curious because i'd really like to reroll to that class so I can start winning in PvP. There are soo many Iops running around being undefeatable.

Quit whining about Iops. Roll a Sram if you want to beat Iops 1v1. Go invisible after they setup for SIP combo.

Thread : General  Preview message : #846619  Replies : 172  Views : 7506
posté April 01, 2015, 19:45:48 | #18
Matt meant 3 or more. 1-2 = CC; 3+ = LR.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #845959  Replies : 3  Views : 728
posté April 01, 2015, 19:43:54 | #19
Seems to indicate they're already considering of how to handle game progression when level 200 is met and thus far, they appear to be content to level the level cap at 200 while increasing item levels and scaling up content to be relevant at the level cap, which is good to hear. I think a lot of people don't mind redoing some of the older dungeons scaled up (I don't, at least). And seeing UB's all have 200 variants will also be nice, meaning you can't just faceroll them by being overgeared. I like it.

I also like the theorized separate item acquisition system (tokens are nice, but.. eh, they leave something to be desired), and that it's on a weekly cap, though who knows if two week's progress for one item will turn out to be acceptable or a super large grind.. I hope it isn't the latter, but just on paper it sounds like it.

Strange that they didn't mention more immediate things though, aside from the Heroes system, like an estimation for when they'd like to finish revamping classes, or their pacing with level increases in order to get *to* the max level. That seems more relevant than systems to be put in afterward.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #845956  Replies : 8  Views : 536
posté April 01, 2015, 19:33:21 | #20

Quote (Neneko88 @ 01 April 2015 18:48) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 01 April 2015 18:00) *
whats really going to happen is "we're done with everyone! you feel OP? Mob difficulty rebalance!"
Yeah it's too bad this is what could happen

Grou had this mentality all the time

If that happens I'd probably leave Wakfu for good. It was really not fun feeling mediocre the entire time and having difficulty soloing single mobs unless you had top-tier runed gear.

But yeah, it's certainly possible. Hopefully it doesn't happen. There were a lot of silly things done in the past, like adding difficulty only by increasing hp/res until it reached crazy amounts.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #845948  Replies : 173  Views : 5629