Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Taku-'s profile
Statistics
863 Posts (0.45 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté June 27, 2016, 04:10:32 | #1

Quote (Miichaelle @ 26 June 2016 09:44) *

Quote (xmetx-zero-x @ 25 June 2016 03:26) *
Fire earth, stat lock hp and cc damages, don't use fury and punishment in pve.

^ sac 101
You should use fury and most importantly punishment if you go fire/earth, like why wouldnt you use one of the most powerfull spells in the game lol.

Also theres like alot of sacrier guides in the sacrier sub forum, go check it out
He said don't use it for PvE. i.e., use them for PvP only.

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #969925  Replies : 22  Views : 2158
posté June 23, 2016, 06:20:45 | #2

Quote (Neneko88 @ 23 June 2016 02:48) *
2012 wakfu was great..the moment they hired Grou to design content all of what Godiswithus describes happened
We're still feeling the effect of Grou's changes to classes (making a lot of healing classes and not giving us enough tank classes and in the end designing dungeons that required tanks like Wa wabbit dungeon).

Wakfu started becoming terrible when Grou changed everything that was great..

Wasn't he who added smithmagic runes?

Nothing wrong with having more than Eni being a healing-capable class and having dungeons which require tanks.

The problem arose when they realized their method of 'tanking' was not what they wanted after all and after building content (Dpig, Wa, the desert bosses name I can't remember) that was based around lock-tanking, they realized it wasn't ideal and then diddlydoo tanks over hardcore with the tanking changes. And because they're ankama, they just shrugged and said these bosses can keep these outdated invulnerability mechanics because we're too lazy to modify the encounters to fit our new paradigm.

This post has been edited by [Flatops] - December 08, 2016, 23:05:28.
Reason for edit : Foul language
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #969343  Replies : 50  Views : 2426
posté June 12, 2016, 04:20:00 | #3
This game took literally **years** to get to the original level cap planned for at the launch of the game. The level cap finally being made accessible isn't the issue. General lack of content updates, appropriate bug fixes and revamping of existing content in ways people didn't really like is the major issue.

They've revamped classes SEVERAL times and every time it's a year long+ endeavor, basically it's been a constant issue for them that takes time away from other projects. They are constantly reevaluating itemization and modifying gear properties because they realize they don't want all-element gear, then they don't want all-resist gear, they don't want set bonuses, they add runes and then they don't want people to rune a certain way, they have different rune shapes and then change what stats you can get per rune, they add mythic items and relics and then start linking things, they modify XP rates and never seem to know how they even want drop rates and prospecting to work, etc..

They don't have any sense of direction. At the best of times it's 'let's do a lot of random stuff' and at the worst it's 'we're going on vacation for a month, and when we get back we'll spend the next month fixing all the bugs people found the month we were gone, and maybe by the start of the third month we'll figure out what we want to do next'.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #967609  Replies : 29  Views : 1524
posté June 12, 2016, 03:39:43 | #4
I knew you couldn't quit me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #967602  Replies : 108  Views : 5551
posté June 12, 2016, 03:14:14 | #5
I thought you would have moved on by now, Hooks.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #967598  Replies : 108  Views : 5551
posté June 12, 2016, 00:41:14 | #6
Boats don't work.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #967584  Replies : 33  Views : 1608
posté June 11, 2016, 04:50:27 | #7
They do have test dummies. In the training room.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #967471  Replies : 8  Views : 669
posté June 10, 2016, 16:47:54 | #8
* Make politics interesting and governers able to actually do stuff and enact laws that don't just randomly screw people over. Limit votes to one per account per subbed member. If people want to pay extra subs to alt-vote themselves to stay in power then that's fine, because $$.

* Ditch Haven Worlds and instead allow guilds to 'own' (adopt, basically) certain areas of each nation (prairie fields, emelka, etc) and allow them to do certain things to it: Build special buildings, put challenges on the dungeon located there (that people CAN run but don't HAVE TO run, i.e., a customizable 'hardcore' version of each dungeon determined by the guild that owns that area). Make guilds responsible for the upkeep and handling of that zone (or mishandling, at which point you then go to the Government of the nation and tell them to deal with a shitty guild). Make guilds and governments have political relations in that area. Make it a trade-off where a guild can't own more than one area of one nation at any given time, and if any guild member is part of the government then they can't own any area (and must give it up and allow some other guild to take over any area they had control of).

Have Islands be extensions of each nation, meaning that if a nation conquers an island and controls it, a guild of that nation can then take ownership of that island so long as the nation holds it and modify its dungeons and area accordingly.

* Realize that more than Fecas should be tanks. Be okay with other classes tanking. Realize more than Enis should be able to heal effectively. Be okay with people turtling using healing and get rid of heal resists while letting shields have no simile mechanic. Be okay with certain classes being really good at something (at the cost of not being as good at other things). Allow different elements to be truly different specializations.

* Stop the endless cycle of long, slow, tedious revamps (1 class per month when there's 14+ classes = by the time you finish with one revamp of all the classes, you've changed lead designers and they now want to revamp all the classes all over again).

* Integrate multi-character usage more intuitively from the start: Allow all characters on an account to share profession levels (i.e., you make 100 trapper, you have 100 trapper on all characters). Allow people to "prestige" a profession and reset it to 0 from 100 if they want to re-obtain things like the mastery seals. Don't charge for the Heroes system because that's dumb as hell and a needless cash grab (you already have people paying to sub). Share all achievements over the entire account rather than per-character. Share all tokens across the account rather than make them per-character. Make your kamas account-specific rather than character-specific. On that note, make the +30% XP/etc ACTUALLY be +30% XP, and not have it be 100% XP for subbed, 70% for unsubbed people. Common sense stuff.

* Ultimate bosses: Instanced as they are now. They drop the 'common set' of the boss (e.g., Black Crow gear) along with the current tokens that can be used to obtain both the set it drops and the rarer set (e.g., White Crow, with the rare set being at a higher cost). World Bosses are non-instanced versions which drop the rarer set (White Crow) at the same rates the other boss drops the common versions, but respawn randomly and rarely as they did before. Let people fight over them. It's good competition, and there's an alternative there for everybody and it's just something extra. Possibly also make the fight harder so the better reward is earned appropriately.

* Make the Stasis and Wakfu areas interesting and actually meaningful, you know, like the whole thing was supposed to be. Probably make the Wakfu area more about planting and creation-type things and the Stasis area more about gathering and harvesting of things mindlessly.

There's a lot more that could be said but on the subject of engines and whatnot, I really think that just not knowing much about the back-end of everything, wakfu's problems are likely a lot of 'bad code stacked on top of bad code' that's harming the efficiency of the game as much as or moreso than the engine used itself, so.. get on top of that. This game has no business being slow or stuttery with what it's doing, honestly.

There's a lot more I think other people can think of/have said, but, yeah.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #967400  Replies : 42  Views : 2097
posté July 31, 2015, 16:05:36 | #9

Quote (Flatops @ 31 July 2015 05:46) *
Hello Taku,

We're aware of this issue. It is a visual bug. The buff is active, it just lacks the visual buff.

Gotcha! I wasn't aware of this bug, my bad, but thanks for the clarification.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893236  Replies : 6  Views : 839
posté July 30, 2015, 15:11:19 | #10
Anyone still have the authenticator bonus? I haven't had it for quite some time, despite having an authenticator set up. Also of note, the authenticator doesn't work via the Steam log-in method. But even when I log in through the normal client, it doesn't give/show any authenticator bonus, when I have to unlock it to log into the game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #892960  Replies : 6  Views : 839
posté July 25, 2015, 09:48:38 | #11

Quote (ReiYano @ 23 July 2015 14:29) *

Quote (FluffyMittsy @ 23 July 2015 12:25) *

Quote (Taku- @ 23 July 2015 04:00) *

Quote (FluffyMittsy @ 23 July 2015 01:37) *

Quote (Taku- @ 22 July 2015 18:48) *
Look. They've changed the location of the portal and the dragoturkey and the temple itself repeatedly.

You know what I want? I want them to stop messing it up. So no, I don't want this changed. It works just fine like it is and the lag is negligible, at worst.
How would my suggestion negatively impact you?

By encouraging them to make further changes to something they've fucked up time and time again that we've had to lobby them to change back after they mess with it. As stated: It is not necessary.
Again I repeat. How would my suggestion negatively impact you? This is a small improvement that no one has pointed out any real downsides to it. This isn't some massive change.
I bet it would definitely reduce server strain as well. The vast majority of people using the teleport only want access to the zaap and immediately leave astrub to begin with. You could even put a tiny statue next to the zaap that shoots you right over to the pvp area so to encourage its usage. (yes I know you can access it via the zaap but the statue would work just as visual reminder/encouragement that 'hey there is a cool pvp area over here!')
Annd I would bet you it doesn't, as they have to instance every single person who uses the zaap at that point. And no, we don't need to then have another teleporter to a PvP zone right next to it. You can walk it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #891197  Replies : 31  Views : 2271
posté July 24, 2015, 18:44:51 | #12
The change was blinding bomb was removing 2 mp instead of 2 range (which also had each of the bombs being the exact same spell..). Blinding bomb now removes range properly, and does not remove MP.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #890958  Replies : 9  Views : 1451
posté July 23, 2015, 04:00:13 | #13

Quote (FluffyMittsy @ 23 July 2015 01:37) *

Quote (Taku- @ 22 July 2015 18:48) *
Look. They've changed the location of the portal and the dragoturkey and the temple itself repeatedly.

You know what I want? I want them to stop messing it up. So no, I don't want this changed. It works just fine like it is and the lag is negligible, at worst.
How would my suggestion negatively impact you?

By encouraging them to make further changes to something they've fucked up time and time again that we've had to lobby them to change back after they mess with it. As stated: It is not necessary.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #889883  Replies : 31  Views : 2271
posté July 22, 2015, 18:48:33 | #14

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #889712  Replies : 31  Views : 2271
posté July 22, 2015, 16:45:42 | #15
Groups for HC Castuc / Wa Looking to farm up a Harry's and a Wa cwown, looking for people who are also doing so to make it easier to group up and get it done.

I'm gonna be playing a 150-ish Fire/Earth Rogue, IGN Lord of Snuggles.

I don't have any set hours and can more or less be around whenever, but every third day I'm gone (work), so I can farm up for two days, miss one, do the next two/etc. I'm next working the 23rd, which means I'll be around 24/25, off 26th, repeat.

Thread : Community Events  Preview message : #889694  Replies : 3  Views : 660
posté July 21, 2015, 15:14:56 | #16

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 July 2015 01:52) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 21 July 2015 01:32) *

Quote (visitor888 @ 21 July 2015 01:26) *
If at the recommended level I cannot access the next tier of content with the gear I received in the previous tier, there is a problem.
I somehow could sucessfully run Wa Castle wearing Solomonk, Vizion Dagger and overall unimpressive gears the first time I ever unlocked it, and even at lvl 142...

Sure, I wasn't poorly geared and all that, but it is only natural to gear up the best you can afford...

Have to say, as a 3-elemental Xelor I was a bit lackluster at the start, I can see the dungeon being more troublesome for close-combat classes.
And I completed wa castle as a level 128 before the gear revamp when you could choose your elements and before epics existed

meaning we were all trash compared to what we are now

The issue with wa is that you COULD run it before 140 and then suddenly they made it so you couldn't run it until AFTER you can access srambad lmfao its pants on head moronic

Wa island was a pretty poorly-done section of content, considering it existed before Ohwymi and Fungapole, which are lower level than it, and offered better gear at a lower level than Wa at the time. Which I think is something they learned from since, considering they realized it's a bad idea to add a 25-level-content piece (or was it 20? w/e) which will then get filled in by other places, and is why they've been doing just 5-10 level peices since. Though with the huge gap since the last content update, I think they might repeat the same sort of mistake..

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #889307  Replies : 174  Views : 10667
posté July 21, 2015, 15:11:24 | #17

Quote (visitor888 @ 21 July 2015 01:21) *
I have no problem with a drop based class, it just needs to be done correctly.

No one really cares about the PP bonus (not much anyway, oh snap guys! that enu has 0.02% chance at that item while my PP only gives me a 0.018% chance. smh time to rage). The real issue is the extra drops from pouches.

What they need to do is change the mechanic so it's all or nothing for the entire team. Enu can spam pouch the boss all day, but in order to get an extra drop, every member of the team has to pick up a pouch from the same mob. If they do it, then everyone gets an extra drop from that mob. If they screw it up, no one does.

The spell would be low damage for balance so you are essentially losing an entire persons DPT while he is pouching. And since everyone has to get a pouch, everyone has to work for it. The difficulty also scales with the size of the party, enu could still do this solo, but he would have to solo the fight.

Bam, enus are useful again and it takes advantage of deck system allowing them to fill different roles. They have to ask themselves if its worth the risk or if they just want to DPT.

Probably not a perfect solution but you get the idea. It can be done.

-Vis

This is the kind of thing that Ankama would do, even though it's obnoxious and unnecessary and really not a good idea.

But really, that's overcomplicating the issue. Any pouch being picked up should allow for a random person on the team to acquire an item, using the enu's PP bonus. This means that the loot is randomized and there's no such thing as "pouch stealing" anymore because it's random, and there's no big deal as to who picks it up as long as *someone* picks it up to get the extra drop roll. The enu's gets their pouch pick-up bonuses as normal.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #889306  Replies : 251  Views : 23389
posté July 19, 2015, 12:39:28 | #18

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 19 July 2015 06:24) *

Quote (Taku- @ 18 July 2015 17:06) *
100 block simply is/was not as good as the absorb abilities and tanking capacity of Fecas and sacriers, however. 100 block is helpful but not gamebreaking in the least.
Yes, but Iop can/could achieve 100 block while being a top DD.
And that was never a big deal to begin with.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #888502  Replies : 33  Views : 4593
posté July 19, 2015, 12:34:28 | #19

Quote (Gelgy @ 19 July 2015 07:24) *
Context matters. A lot. You're replying to people talking about making the dungeons more fun & rewarding by saying you don't want them made easier. You might want to be clearer about your views in this case: Talk less about "don't do this" and more about "yeah, that's not so fun, but what would be more fun while still being challenging?"

For example, I think the Hagen Daz, Sugnuf, Viziew, GM Wabbit and even Emiw fights would be more fun for their levels if instead of complete invulnerability they simply had either a high resistance bonus, regenerating armor, or even barriers. Those are things players have means to counter (after the spell revamp), and could lead to more interesting tactics against them than simply playing the game of "OK, who's job is it to step on the glyph this run?" This would make support classes, poisons, glyphs and such much more useful for these fights, while still making them challenging. It would even make brute force a viable, if inefficient, option.

I mean, look at Cledus Onist. It's a good fight. Not the most dynamic or complex, but players actually have fun fighting him and he's a reasonable challenge for his level. Same deal with Solkrupt even.

That's the kind of change I want to see. After the spell revamp we have a bunch more tools in our toolbox. Make us use them.

Imo, you should just let those bosses keep their invulnerability as-is, and leave them as dated content. Sugnuf and Emiw are still easy (I haven't done Viziew myself to say.. I just skipped it), and Hagen Daz is and has not ever been worth the trouble. Let it be a lesson they can always look back on and say "Yeah, this whole invulnerability mechanic needs to be treated with caution" rather than "wouldn't it be fun if they had to do collision dmg to the boss dozens of times before he can be hurt?" Because the answer is and always was, a resounding no.

Invulnerability is something to be done lightly, or better yet, not at all. their heavy-handed usage of it for a while was absolutely a drag on the game, and I don't want to have to go through another period where the bosses are all invincible to start and require xyz before being able to be damaged.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888500  Replies : 174  Views : 10667
posté July 18, 2015, 17:06:40 | #20
100 block simply is/was not as good as the absorb abilities and tanking capacity of Fecas and sacriers, however. 100 block is helpful but not gamebreaking in the least.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #888231  Replies : 33  Views : 4593