Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Taku-'s profile
Statistics
765 Posts (0.7 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 13, 2014, 22:23:30 | #1
Kill solo saguaros/saharash/ohwymi mobs until 115. Do all questlines if you haven't already, at 115 do the saharash questline start to finish. continue killing ohwymi mobs while doing the area challenges until 125. at 125, go to fungapole (area opened by finishing the questline) and start doing challenges there. you can fight mobs if you want still, but doing challenges only is still amazing xp.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #753716  Replies : 3  Views : 1072
posté June 21, 2014, 13:16:58 | #2

Quote (Asthis @ 17 June 2014 01:02) *
They need to do something about HP then cuz nobody stats that. D:

They need to remove or drastically reduce the progression of Heal Resists if they want anyone to seriously consider statting HP. Right now, there's just no good reason to ever invest in HP when you can get 25 block and increase your resistances via stats, both of which are better options than statting HP (Fecas don't have the luxury that foggers and sacs do for +60%, but then they can stat lock to get even higher resistances). Right now, heal resistance is just too much of a liability to ever bother with HP. It's all about mitigating incoming damage, rather than creating a higher soak capacity for that damage.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #747831  Replies : 39  Views : 1785
posté June 21, 2014, 13:07:50 | #3
It doesn't seem horrible, but neither does it seem like a change that will actually help a lot of people. the name of the game continues to be that more damage = better. Maximize your damage%, hit things in the face to victory.

Now it just means resistance is less important for players, and less combatable by players (rogue's piercing shot comes to mind, as it's probably one of the most hardest-hit offenses hurt here). Also will reduce the effectiveness of things like fecas Harmor.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #747825  Replies : 15  Views : 1024
posté June 21, 2014, 00:31:52 | #4

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 20 June 2014 23:58) *
I am guessing, since I got a tutorial guide box in beta that stated that the Otomai Disciple quest is currently WIP, that the level 200 helmet is the final item relic for it. Looks way too OP with that AP though and they must have accidentally added the AP, unless level 200 gear is way better than anything below it.

They might just have the stats as a joke though for people that go through the patch data most likely.

I wouldn't be surprised by that kind of stat value for a level 200 relic.

OTOH, given that they're massively overhauling systems still at level 150 when adding in only 5 levels to the game, you should take those stats with a grain of salt. It's highly likely the game will be overhauled twice over before anyone actually gets that relic in-game.

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #747621  Replies : 525  Views : 23960
posté June 18, 2014, 20:32:07 | #5

Quote (Dy7 @ 18 June 2014 20:10) *

Quote (noknives @ 18 June 2014 00:08) *
Will you also release low cost MP items? 10 AP 7 MP was also a very nice build that I believe is now prohibitively tedious to obtain.
Yes, we will add some low cost items with exotic MP too.

Quote (WwhitekrowW @ 18 June 2014 10:30) *
I do think fragments should not have such a huge PP lock though. Somethind does need to be done about drop rates eventually though.
I do think too. That's why there is no PP lock cap at all on Shushu, Saharash and Divines Dimensions.

The other ones will be removed with a retake of the drop system.

Quote (Raizzan @ 18 June 2014 15:03) *
Then perhaps the devs should nerf satisfaction Ring in the next patch.
For the reason I gave earlier, it's still not healthy to allow player to bypass the limit with items like Satisfaction ring.

And when is this drop system change coming? We've been waiting for months.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746669  Replies : 74  Views : 3252
posté June 18, 2014, 09:26:11 | #6

I'm a big proponent of bringing AP to the common player!

I think you should be a big proponent of just making things not so ridiculously difficult to acquire, though. I think they're set on: You need a relic *or* an epic to get 11 AP, and you need both to get to 12 AP.

You know what? Fine. It's retconning three items that have been in the game for MONTHS now, but you know what, fine. But if you're gonna be that restrictive with how people progess past 10 AP, how about they take the fucking time to make it possible for more than the top 2% of people to do it?

Make Epics easier to acquire. x10 the drop rate on relic frags and drop PP locks for all of them. Make these things truly obtainable for people that are max level. Not just people that are max level, have an entire group that will go with them to farm 1 piece of equipment using 6 well-geared characters spending 4+ hours a night for 3+ months just for One. Fucking. Relic.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746451  Replies : 74  Views : 3252
posté June 18, 2014, 02:07:09 | #7

Quote (WwhitekrowW @ 18 June 2014 01:28) *
I think you're just desensitized to non-grinding elements. Everything else is so bad and so grindy, that something moderately normal seems too good to be true.
+1

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746283  Replies : 11  Views : 699
posté June 17, 2014, 18:50:41 | #8
Ankama, never stop believing that you can do whatever you wanna do, regardless of whatever anyone else says or what logic would say is wrong.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746069  Replies : 74  Views : 3252
posté June 17, 2014, 18:45:59 | #9

Quote (RaZept @ 17 June 2014 17:58) *
Click here

First rule: we will limit the amount of AP to 12 and MP to 7.The current builds shouldn’t be impacted directly, since this limitation is designed with level 200 in mind.This will allow us to create any type of items with said bonuses without having to worry about the overall balance. You will be free to save the ability points usually spent in the AP bonuses and try to reach 12 AP with equipment only!Just to be clear, this limitation is only outside combat. AP and MP gains in combat will not be limited.

The irony of this is that they're making items unique of non-relic rarity so that you can't actaully use things like Wa Cwown/woboots/GM Epps together to reach 12 AP with equipment only like they initially said. But I guess you can still wear a satisfacation ring to replace that 1 AP from stats, right guys? Who's in for some satisfaction?

It makes you wonder what the fuck they're doing now, but hey, it's Ankama. It doesn't have to make sense.

Edit: Ahaha they even nerfed satisfaction ring, which was a shitty item to use to get 12 AP to begin with. Annd now you can't even do that. Haha. Oh man. Ankama, please. My sides.

This post has been edited by Taku- - June 17, 2014, 18:47:39.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746067  Replies : 7  Views : 344
posté June 17, 2014, 17:57:41 | #10
Best of luck with the baby man. Thanks a lot for all you do with WE.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746047  Replies : 22  Views : 940
posté June 07, 2014, 10:00:23 | #11
Wishful thinking. There's more items like that which lack the normal BP MP or cape AP at higher levels and while their dmg% are marginally higher, I think it's a bit much to expect this kind of last-minute addition to then necessitate a global itemization revamp.

I mean they might start on it, and say yes it'll happen, but like drop rates, it won't actually happen. Y'know?

Thread : Other Features  Preview message : #742379  Replies : 7  Views : 645
posté June 06, 2014, 09:49:45 | #12
I know that you can go up to 150 on the test server now, but I don't know if it was like that before, or why that'd really even matter.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #741857  Replies : 9  Views : 698
posté June 06, 2014, 09:48:34 | #13
Yeah, this is just a fact of life regarding Wakfu. They will listen most to their largest playerbase because that's what's best for them. I don't blame them for it at all. Sucks, but, oh well.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741855  Replies : 20  Views : 1026
posté June 06, 2014, 03:44:43 | #14

Quote (Kokonaut @ 06 June 2014 02:38) *

Quote (Celay01 @ 29 May 2014 09:56) *
What if 2 monster locks you? Will we lose based on their total lock or will lose with each of their lock?

I noticed this question by Celay01 in the news post topic about the lock and dodge mechanics. I thought I should address it since it's a fairly important one.

In the current system, a unit will roll individually against each locker to test for dodge. Meaning if the dodger has 200 dodge and both of the enemies have 100 lock, the dodger has 95% chance to dodge against both targets, and must try to escape the tackle zone twice with a 5% chance of being locked twice (or something rounding to around 7% chance of being locked). On screen though, for the dodger it will display 95% chance to dodge when he tries to move from the tackle zone against the two lockers.

In the new system, the lockers' locks cumulatively added up to affect the penalty applied to the dodger. It wasn't definitively, but it became apparent when I had just enough dodge to dodge a locker at 100% no penalty, and then another unit came up to me with one or two lock which was enough to incur a movement penalty upon trying to dodge.

• Mango

In short: Having two lockers at this point in time serves little to no purpose, to the point where it's basically redundant. However after the update, having multiple lockers may be the only way to incur maximum dodge penalties, if any dodge penalties at all to monsters (e.g., Dragon Pig requiring upwards of 1'400 lock in order to incur maximum dodge penalties -4 AP -5 MP).

I'm almost 100% certain that Dragon Pig does not follow the 4 AP / 4 MP maximum lock rule, because I've consistantly been able to shed 6 of his 8 MP as he moves backward to perform one of his moves when fighting him solo (for testing purposes). I've also been able to get over 200 lock vs his dodge, and maintained a maximum of 2 AP / 6 MP lost (it will go up to 9 MP lost when he picks the +3 MP option, still leaving him with 2 MP to move). If you even can take more the 2 AP from Dpig, I seriously doubt it would ever be worthwhile to do so, given his moves cost 1-2 AP each.

Unless you've done testing of your own that shows differently, I think it will be different for UB's at the very least. I haven't/probably won't bother to get a group just to try and lock bosses like bw, gm wabbit/wa wabbit/etc, but I'm guessing those bosses might operate under a similar principle as Dpig.

I also seriously doubt that in the new system you can full sap MP from mobs, but it's possible I'm wrong there. Could potentially try to do 2 lockers with dpig structured in such a way that he escapes the first one, heads toward the second and then is stuck--but then you'd have to make sure you can reset that cycle and that Dpig would go for the second locker every time, rather than run off and start killing your dpt. And that it can be done twice to drain all of his MP by locking.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741811  Replies : 48  Views : 1581
posté June 01, 2014, 21:09:02 | #15

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 01 June 2014 19:04) *

Quote (Celay01 @ 01 June 2014 18:18) *
Also gobbly gives %20 damage not 15.
I dont know did they make it for sell more and will they nerf it.

Go look on the Encyclopedia.

The encylcopedia is wrong (and inconsistant). Looking at the pet page Here, you can see that the gobbly is 20% dmg/24 lock. Click on the entry and it turns to 15%. But in-game I have a level 31 gobbly @ 12% damage already, and at level 25 it was 10% dmg. Unless it's the only pet with a completely fucked up progression, Gobbly's actually have 20% dmg/24 lock, not 15% like it says some places.

But that doesn't matter. Bow Meow is the better choice if you're tanking, but you can use a gobbly if you're not tanking on a feca but can't get a tofu or something.

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #739679  Replies : 20  Views : 826
posté June 01, 2014, 20:18:17 | #16

Quote (Nox16 @ 01 June 2014 12:07) *
Ive been thinking more and more about it and i think that they need to change how foggernator works with stasis because atm its honestly not very good. Idk how they can change it.. maybe like make it so it just out right increases the stasis damage you have because honestly it doesnt scale well at max level you end up taking just 10 less damage than at 0 and unless you have a healer or the hp passive your basically going to kill yourself faster than an enemy could.

Edit: Also it actually makes stasis weaker due to the earth/water changemechanic

Honestly I think they just need to retool the way the self-damage works. It says it does like 6 damage to you, but that is clearly not the case when it gets up to 100+ self-damage, you end up taking almost as much self-damage as a sacrier does using punishment, except you can take that damage five times in one turn. Fix the self-damage and it is probably alright.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #739655  Replies : 26  Views : 1485
posté June 01, 2014, 20:14:00 | #17
The actual "Best" Foggernaut combo @ 10 AP is assuming the second round (after using the first round to bombard twice, and then whatever else you wanna do):

Fogginator, Bombard @ 3 procs, Bombard @ 4 Procs, Stasis Shot*2, Ray of Stasis*2, Stomp. If you are in the right position for that (you need to ideally start at range 2-3 and then move into range 1), you can go over 600 base damage that turn.

If you can proc critical turbo the turn prior (by using Flame Fervor), you can get +20% crits for that turn to do even more damage. Or you could cast microbot + cybot and deliver those four stasis spells in a line AoE, making multiple enemies take that damage (though you'd also have to hope they don't move after positioning it the first turn).

Foggernauts can do some really amazing damage, but their ranges can be difficult to get right and given that earth can't benefit from +Range to balance out Fogginator's -range, it requires some finesse to ensure you're in the right spot. Even if you try to place microbots ahead of time so you've got more movement ability, often times enemis like to destroy your microbots with a vengeance.

But I honestly think that Fogginators do a lot better @ 12 AP, because then you can shebang + bombard*2 first turn, building critical turbo for next turn and setting yourself up better. You can get another Stasis Shot in on the fogginator turn, too.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #739653  Replies : 7  Views : 424
posté June 01, 2014, 03:06:35 | #18

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 01 June 2014 02:38) *

Quote (kurokat @ 31 May 2014 10:08) *

Those crazy dmg to resist proportions
+10% res and +60% dmg
+20% res and +120% dmg

Ankama really want us to forget about tactic and just kill stuff fast and die fast.

Yeah, basically.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #739433  Replies : 70  Views : 2596