Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Seguchi-sama's profile
Statistics
1353 Posts (1.22 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 20, 2015, 11:25:00 | #1
Oh we do Flatops, we friggin' do want water festival, it's like the most requested costume as of the late actually. D':

Thread : News  Preview message : #853654  Replies : 23  Views : 605
posté April 16, 2015, 07:54:58 | #2
Offtopic, but.. Your post, Hack, right in da kokoro. :'C

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851941  Replies : 152  Views : 2551
posté April 15, 2015, 10:01:14 | #3
I did laugh but it doesn't cancel how improfessionally this reset was handled. We shouldn't keep making excuses for Ankama just because it's Ankama.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851393  Replies : 33  Views : 921
posté April 15, 2015, 08:50:41 | #4
Everyone here does understand what caused this spell reset, a full respec wasn't anticipated and nowhere reasonable, but it's been said to be having a place. People just listened to the official info and prepared to face the promised event.

It's not about demanding what we don't deserve, it's just about the communication carried out in a wrong way.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851354  Replies : 33  Views : 921
posté April 15, 2015, 03:12:29 | #5
Ankama said "respec" and not the "spell reset". I already planned a lot of little but pleasant changes for my 170s. Even spent entire morning at flax to bring my panda to 170 and then THIS. :/

Thanks I guess, very typical for this company with their "always correct" wording.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851180  Replies : 33  Views : 921
posté April 14, 2015, 11:18:46 | #6
Welcome guys! Aho approves your arrival. :>

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #850578  Replies : 131  Views : 2152
posté April 14, 2015, 03:04:46 | #7
As much as I want other classes revamped sooner, I'd disagree that enu, sac or pre-revamp iops were weak. Learn your class, set the role, get proper gear, geez. These three classes are the core of my team and we don't have any problems with speed runs.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #850331  Replies : 10  Views : 453
posté April 13, 2015, 14:10:52 | #8
Binding of any kind is bad imo. Once equipped, lost forever.
Should I tell how much money I got back by selling my outdated equips? It actually helped working towards new sets. But hey, no more, sit with your forcefully linked shit forever.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #850027  Replies : 217  Views : 4642
posté April 11, 2015, 08:01:56 | #9
I know that my point stands correct here Hack, also I've never cared about people disagreeing with me. :3

Just a bonus to my previous post, it's been said that Steel Beak is balanced around revamped classes. So, if you still have to wait months for your class to be prettied up, it will be at least harder to get tokens for your char.

This BoP bullshit would just boost the gap between stronger and casual teams. Before, weaker guys could at least buy what they need and close this gap.

Some people like to use the "ohh sucks you'll have to actually run content from now on" argument, well, what I'll say that I can't beat HC Robowl yet. My team is on hiatus for months. I'm waiting for those HC exclusive items to appear on sale. Do I not work towards it? Why, I do. I'm stacking kamas because I know those purchases won't be cheap. So it's a sort of equal exchange. And imagining that this option is not gonna be a thing anymore, hits me like a truck. The whole hardcore fun is fun right until the BoP implementation.

UB and HC tokens should be a backup option, but not the only available one. 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #849470  Replies : 217  Views : 4642
posté April 11, 2015, 04:25:06 | #10
Some classes do get locked off "important" fights. If you've never tried optimizing your team you've probably never tried something harder than Wa. There are few possible scenarios:

- Contributing less damage than expected, therefore slowing down the fight, which often means someone already gets killed or heal resist skyrockets, so the overall difficulty does.
Like, if you're a casual guy with a decent, but not crazy cool gear, you likely have no chance at crazy endgame content. Wait months till the content gets outleveled (read easier in a natural way) and the strategy refined to that point when strong teams could allow some other classes/characters in.

- Your class simply doesn't fit. I can recall the times when fire sacs were rather unwelcomed in moowolf parties because they'd "ruin" the line and take the unnecessary damage. Or infamous mono fire in magmog, while the mono element still was a thing. Or old srams literally everywhere.
You can't enjoy your favorite class/build, either pick a better one or hello.

- Double class. Let's say if a group already has a tank or healer or another strategically important class, you likely will have to choose some other alt, oh poop you don't have any alts or they're too weak? No UB items for you then.
I personally have two enis and a buddy had one as a main, so I had to drop my chars just to let that person have fun with their class of choice. :C

There are multiple factors when composing a team for certain encounters. Let's not forget that Steel Beak won't be a Wa fight, but probably same level or worse than Robowl. Not only the fight itself will be challenging, but also there will be additional problems artificially made by Ankama. I'm all against it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #849445  Replies : 217  Views : 4642
posté April 10, 2015, 07:43:22 | #11

Quote (Coburg @ 10 April 2015 04:31) *
A major problem with linked gear in Wakfu is that after you've dumped dozens of millions of kamas towards runing said gear, you're going to be unable to sell it once you find something better.
Exactly, this is the biggest concern. Adding that gear tends to get outdated really fast, I look at you PDB after enurado patch, or souleater after withered bp addition.. Examples are numerous. We're spending weeks and months on the decent items, wasting a few million kamas on full runes because our item is seemingly good and we expect it to last 10-20 levels at least. Then Ankama comes in hello after this patch your gear worth a gobbal poop, get yo ass back to grinding.

I feel trapped in this neverending cycle of being fooled or whatever you call it. My point is, the more bound items we get in da face, the worse this feeling would be. Now we can at least sell the redundant item (for much cheaper than it used to be), or shove it onto some alt, or gift to a lower level guildie. I just don't wanna think of a game which has no tradable items. This is not Wakfu I was starting playing. Don't ruin my game.

Quote (yvernisse @ 10 April 2015 06:02) *
You just cry as a baby to whom we are going to remove his toy. Discover another way of playing before shouting in the murders.
The problem is that the seller of kama, seller relic, gold farmer put hight prices and the community follow them without knowing that it is them who incite to the inflation. [...]
Calling someone a kid is a 100% legit way to prove yourself unable to talk constructively.

I'm aware of prices on Aerafal, this is an issue as well. But I personally would rather spend kamas than burning days and weeks of my life trying to drop certain items for certain toons. Imagine the pain when you need an item for your ranged DD acc, this item drops on another acc with let's say tank character. And you're stuck with it forever.

P.S. Let's not start this anti-multiboxer and hero bullshit, no point at all.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #849048  Replies : 217  Views : 4642
posté April 10, 2015, 04:11:50 | #12
There ARE some people trading for real money, there IS such a market, but it's so ninja and.. Nearly nonexistant? You honestly can't bring 99% of players to disadvantage just because of that shitty 1%. Sadly, this is what Ankama does over and over again.

I've been asked to sell my PDB for 50 euros (and refused ofc). Let's now bind all the relics, literally all the good items to prevent people from doing that. Then, there are whole accounts that can be sold. There are char leveling services (not as company service but personal one), there is a demand for maxed and geared chars. I've been asked if I have a spare high level acc that I'm willing to sell. Looked extremely odd to me, but the person was serious.
People WILL be doing that because it's their mentality. Someone needs an ingame item and has hundreds of spare dollars, someone else has what they want. These two WILL find each other and you could do nothing about it.

So, if you bind certain items, people will likely switch to trading whole accs. Stop focusing on such an insignificant percent of players and think of those who SUFFER from this change.

I'm switching a lot of gear between accs. I simply can't afford some of endgame items at multiple quantity. Most of people are like this. Whoever the hell thought that forcing people to grind x2, x3, x6 more HARD TO GET items is a brilliant idea, could that person go and play not as a dev, but as a regular mortal being? Then we'll look how actually cool this idea is.

Market is what makes this game alive and interesting. To me, it's one of, if not the biggest source of fun. I have a fucking enu soul or whatnot, but I do really enjoy selling, watching after prices, analyzing and predicting. Buying too, of course, oh dem impulse purchases. Wakfu economy taught me to understand some real economic events, I've never been into it before.

So, I dunno, if the best feature of this game gets killed by its own creator, this will slice off a good half of the fun for me. Just don't. Don't fucking do it.

This post has been edited by Seguchi-sama - April 10, 2015, 04:14:17.
Reason for edit : edit
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #849000  Replies : 217  Views : 4642
posté April 08, 2015, 08:42:58 | #13
Where are you ogrine sellers, we need ya~ WTB ogrines via dofus, amount needed is 4k. Please reply here or ankabox me.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #848097  Replies : 0  Views : 152
posté April 05, 2015, 03:09:31 | #14
I thought further and I'd even agree for the trade option being disabled. Means you can't transfer any items between servers, nor kamas. But your char can run dungeons and have fun with friends without going through the hell of fresh start.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #847141  Replies : 5  Views : 364
posté April 04, 2015, 14:25:55 | #15
Guest mode on other servers I'm wondering if it's technically impossible to temporarily import your char from let's say Remi to other server, having that [REM] username thingie like on beta, without getting xp and drops, but at least being able to hang out with friends and run stuff with them?

Basically using the beta import technology but made by a user's manual request.

I'd even pay for that option (if it's not a 1-time use consumable aha *looks at mimisymbics*). Let's say it'd be:
- 1 month guest mode, 3k ogrines: 1 char slot, no xp gain/drops, can't take part in politics/pvp, can't open treasure chests, can't token things. [edit] Maybe even no trade option so there won't be any item/kama abuses.
Any changes made to the char on guest server don't affect the real server.

I have friends on different servers and even leveling some chars to join their teams someday, but as you may guess, it's painful to start over and over again, especially when you already have quite a ton of 170's with relics on some server.. So, yeah. The urge is here, the question is - technically doable or not?

This post has been edited by Seguchi-sama - April 05, 2015, 03:11:37.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #846999  Replies : 5  Views : 364
posté April 03, 2015, 14:45:14 | #16
It was a simple giveaway, retweet and participate, Hack. Also there are five winners.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #846701  Replies : 34  Views : 2050
posté April 02, 2015, 07:18:07 | #17
I don't know if this's even fixable, but it gets only worse and worse over the time. I still can recall those sweet times when one client used to consume just 300-400mb. Now it's 700-900 by default, goes up to 1.2gb if you switch maps and chars a lot.

On the last weekend (bonus xp, population boost) the lag was so bad that I and friends were forced to restart our clients every 20-30 minutes. Teleporting to alma was a 100% reliable way to kill your fps completely or get the black screen of death.

A 2D game shouldn't ever consume so much memory.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #846248  Replies : 17  Views : 902
posté April 01, 2015, 05:26:25 | #18
Just fought challenge wodents in Astrub.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #845643  Replies : 21  Views : 778
posté March 30, 2015, 10:21:29 | #19

Quote (Lukinerx @ 30 March 2015 09:49) *
rollback after 2x exp weekend would end with big shitstorm for Ankama
I finally got to play with Nox buddies and it would feel like a biggest bitchslap if rollback ruins all their effort put into my nubs..

On a side note, there's a unique number for each item (equip, char, sidekick and so on) present ingame. So idk why people are being so naive about getting away unpunished.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #844763  Replies : 29  Views : 2011
posté March 29, 2015, 03:27:05 | #20
Some high lvl daggers have more base damage than equivalent 3 ap spells. :>

Shushu weapons will be always usable thanks to the decent healing effect. There will be quite a lot of situations when you'll want to use a weapon, actually. It might seem inefficient only at early-midgame.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #844424  Replies : 21  Views : 1159