Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Seguchi-sama's profile
Statistics
1092 Posts (1.3 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 19:18:08 | #1
I've been honestly waiting for this thread to appear, and then jump in. After the update, my lvl 138 buddy who (thanks to statted kitskill) has nearly the best endgame gear, isn't able to spam Wa with us anymore. He's literally kicked out from the group's daily fun, and being forced to grind some shitty challenges (spell xp cough) or ask us to run something OF HIS LEVEL if we want to get back to our usual Wa runs together.
Now I'm talking particularly about Wa Castle, but it applies to every dungeon. Lvl 142? Come on? Even Nettlez is 140, but you're supposed to kill thousands of mobs to get it, what means you must outlevel it already.. Where's the friggin' logic.
Let's take Black Wabbit dun, there's lvl 122 cap iirc, but you're getting it easily after doing the main questline. It's not the case with lvl 142 though, we aren't given any options to go 130-140 without suffering.

I think it's the same for every dungeon. Current restrictions are taking away the challenge, and even if you aren't getting your optimal xp yet, you feel definitely better while beating tough stuff, but not when you're forced to die by grinding mobs that you are already sick of.

@Ankama: The level restriction is too high, please lower it by 5~10.

This post has been edited by Seguchi-sama - July 25, 2014, 19:21:15.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757221  Replies : 29  Views : 559
posté July 24, 2014, 03:56:10 | #2
Ah, if it's available for all chars within the account, alright then.
We didn't complain about the golden api for example, about any quest item or achiev iirc. Yes we do have other accounts, but no one forces us to. (Although I'd be happy to see something that allows to "link" your accounts together, or make an "official" list of your accs, idk, a thing that would allow us to transfer items/chars within these accs but it shouldn't be allowed to get "unlinked" ever again..)
From one side, linked items might refresh our boring life: nowadays, it's easy to stack kamas, sit and wait for your desired item to appear on the market. I personally would prefer not to run let's say HC spore endlessly, but to ask someone to sell me their sugnuf torso or skin. Linked items would make some sense, bring motivation to stand up and do stuff yourself.
From the other side, I don't want to do stuff myself. x'D If droprates will remain relatively high with some other requirements, well, I'll consider it then. :B
And from yet another side, eek, what will happen to the economy if the most of epics/relics will be untradable in future? We want to spend kamas, we want our desired stuff to be sold, some want to sell items from boutique for kamas - and nothing's wrong with it! Ankama still grabs their cash, and players who can't afford spending 50% of their salary on a game, get what they want too. There's already untradeable mounts for ogrines and I'm honestly displeased with it.. Sorry, that's a bit too offtopic already.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756693  Replies : 9  Views : 245
oOo
posté July 24, 2014, 03:24:15 | #3
0O0

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756684  Replies : 9  Views : 363
posté July 24, 2014, 01:06:16 | #4
Agreed, "linked when collected" is a total nonsense :I
I could understand the logic behind items being untradable WITHIN THE ACCOUNT. So why not allow us to share linked items between our alts?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756645  Replies : 9  Views : 245
posté July 23, 2014, 09:42:30 | #5

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 22 July 2014 22:10) *
Yeah, taking a break is very high on my list of priorities for Wakfu. My favorite groups of friends always understand if one of us needs to take a break.

Sadly there's too many folks willing to run the same dungeon for (what feels to me) the entire day, non stop. While I understand it's necessary if you hope to ever get a drop, it starts to feel like we're beating our head against a wall after the third or fourth run with no boss drops.

Ah, the joy of just doing something else, at that point! Even doing laundry is more rewarding.
Couldn't word it better tbh, so just quoting. I feel you, Tommy. \o/

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756381  Replies : 28  Views : 660
posté July 23, 2014, 08:17:25 | #6
Masqs be like

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756357  Replies : 240  Views : 24021
posté July 22, 2014, 19:21:10 | #7
I "secretly" dropped like 4-5 different items including UB ones since the time this thread was created. Getting used to it, huh. Still is rather bothering to myself.

Sabi? Can we at least get an official answer, are these "secret" drops a bug or intended feature? Please.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #756137  Replies : 6  Views : 187
posté July 22, 2014, 19:08:56 | #8
When I'm farming something extremely boring and time consuming, I don't want my friends to suffer with me and therefore playing alone with 2-3 boxes. This's rather an exceptional case tho. Crafting mats, Otomai.. The end of the list of things I would 100% do alone.

However, all the (more or less) fun stuff, such as higher level dungeons, is just supposed to be done in group. But yet again, I prefer to play with a pretty much fixed round of people, I think I have 5 persons whom I can trust, who knows how to play and who won't ruin a 1+ hour dungeon run.

There's a lot of reasons to skip randomly met people and stick with your old buddies, at least you know each other's gameplay and habits. Combat speed is a very important point too. When there's 3-5 different people in the group, they all have to adapt to previous player's turn, to communicate (via chat or via skype, voice communication makes things A LOT faster and easier), to simply play as just they are used to. The less people in the group, the less time you spend. Group made of 3 persons if pretty much ideal for myself.
If you are alone controlling all the fighters, there's no need to think about each separate member's turn, you create your strategy, um, how to say, in complex. Saves up tons of time to be honest.

All in all, playing a MMO alone has lots of reasons which can't be criticized imo. I'm not one of those who doesn't ever talk to people, so I can't really understand or defend so called 6-boxers which really NEVER play with others. But, imo, there's nothing wrong with playing alone occasionally.

This post has been edited by Seguchi-sama - July 22, 2014, 19:11:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756135  Replies : 28  Views : 660
posté July 21, 2014, 03:38:45 | #9
Sadly, I'm not from beta, but still remember like half of these adorable facts because I've joined almost right after the release. Thanks for sharing it and let me add a bit more. Probably some of these facts are "younger" than yours, but now these memories are refreshed in my head and I want to share. YwY

..When quest scrolls "kill xx mobs" were dropping straightly into your inventory, you had to double click them to activate.
..When snoofles in Kabrok's shop were stealing real kamas instead of AP.
..When Pappy Pal was in Incarnam, he taught you to mint your very first kamas, but instantly grabbed it back. Meanie.
..Cra's and eca's precision dealing insane damage + stunning at the same time. Homing arrow stun ahh yis.
..When enviromental quests/challenges had a countdown, if you entered the area "too late", you couldn't take part in the challenge because you didn't sign up for it.
..When those challenges offered physical rewards, such as crafting materials. Maybe even equipment, please correct me because my memory is something.
..When World Bosses' spawn in wild prairies was maybe the most important event and entire guilds were fighting vs each other, for the chance to attack those bosses first.

Alright, this's all for now, I'm still unsure that my facts are old enough. :'D I wish I had known about the game earlier.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755579  Replies : 21  Views : 710
posté July 20, 2014, 21:23:01 | #10

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 July 2014 20:27) *
You can level people or alts that can't join a dungeon..outside of a dungeon.
The problem with wakfu is that outside of the dungeon is boring
Outside mobs aren't offering 2 challenges, as well there isn't a lot of 6-8 mob groups. They're usually spawning by smaller packs, that's the biggest problem.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755513  Replies : 192  Views : 8386
posté July 20, 2014, 19:45:12 | #11
The dungeon level restriction will help us with explaining why we can't take a lowbie to, let's say, vampyro farm, but also it will destroy the initial purpose of x2-x3 account xp multipliers.
We were given an ability to raise alts less painfully, we were grateful for it. Something really helpful at last, we thought.
Now this ability is only accessible to paid accounts (I have no problem with it), but what exactly we will be paying for when this level restriction comes out?.. This is rather a huge problem for future alt raising. Ankama are pro at throwing sticks under our legs ._.;

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755507  Replies : 192  Views : 8386
posté July 20, 2014, 19:14:16 | #12
Seeing lots of actively talking newcomers at previously silent and cozy Amakna outpost or Almanax temple

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755500  Replies : 240  Views : 24021
posté July 18, 2014, 01:15:40 | #13
Mob positioning animation isn't even necessary.
I think everyone would be happy if it gets removed at all, and if mobs will be just instantly teleported to some spots.

Death animations are eating up too much time as well, oh dem whirlys or jellies. At the jelly boss fight, we're constantly losing at least 1 player's turn when the king dies aaahh slowly and dramatically, each of his summons dies and transforms into the mini summon, finally the mini king appears. A minute or more. Who the hell needs it? :c Such a waste of time.

Let me guess, now this topic is going to be moved into the trashcan to "suggestions" subforum and completely ignored, just as always.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754813  Replies : 6  Views : 313
posté July 17, 2014, 02:06:19 | #14
This issue is -relatively- old, less than a year I guess, but it's being completely ignored by Ankama. Since the hapless "java update", people created quite a lot of threads complaining about memory leaks and screen hiccups, mostly everyone has it, some are just getting used to it, some are leaving. Meh. I'm losing my hope to see Wakfu using 200-300mb of memory ever again. Now it's 700-900mb per account and it hurts.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754588  Replies : 7  Views : 254
posté July 15, 2014, 05:10:50 | #15

Quote (Sabi @ 15 July 2014 00:31) *
what is your favorite emote and what would you like to see in the future as far as new ones?
Firstly, we need a hug emote.
Also maybe hold hands.
More interactive emotes at all, please, there's never enough.
Lay down - to the floor, (i.e. planking as a giving up emote xD) or to the bed. By the way, beds don't fit character size and I think it should've been fixed years ago. Quite a massive loss imo. :c Just let our characters sleep, would be so great.

Thread : News  Preview message : #754063  Replies : 21  Views : 366
posté July 14, 2014, 03:53:34 | #16
One of my group members recently dropped some equipment piece, just like OP described: the item hasn't been shown on the loot window, just appeared straightly in his inventory.
My static group members trust each other, so we can actually share if someone needs that 'secret' drop, but I guess it could become quite a common problem in some groups, maybe even lead to conflicts. Idk. Fix it.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #753795  Replies : 6  Views : 187
posté July 13, 2014, 04:17:37 | #17
Wide. Wide. God it's so wide now, idk, it's worse than Madoka's face. I don't like current text field wideness, as well as text size in official news/announcements. It's.. Really huge and uncomfortable. Is it made for tablets/laptops? Well, I own a normal pc and now I'm reading much less on these forums, because it simply is hard.

Also I'm getting constantly logged off when moving from the main page to the forum section, does anyone have the same? :c

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753574  Replies : 8  Views : 349
posté July 09, 2014, 03:54:15 | #18
As I see this "open beta": it's exactly what we happen to meet with every update. Every. After an update, it takes 1 to 4 weeks to fix the messed up things, so we're actually experiencing this so called "open beta" on a regular basis.
That's it.
I assume Ankama is just too uncertain and is aware of 51256 bugs incoming. They know they will probably need time to repair all the to-be-broken stuff, to watch after the community's reaction, etc.
"Beta" is just a word that doesn't even belong here, forget it and relax, guys. :р

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752338  Replies : 9  Views : 499
posté July 08, 2014, 06:29:00 | #19
Somehow, I'm glad with it, particularly with new f2p restrictions.

But can we please get a normal payment method, not just ogrines? Wakfu shop is so broken already, some countries simply aren't supported properly, let's not make it more complicated than it already is?

I'm using paypal, if I'll be forced to use OG, it will take twice more time: buy OG, then buy a booster pack. It -already- annoys me. YwY

Thread : News  Preview message : #752068  Replies : 70  Views : 1616
posté July 06, 2014, 23:05:26 | #20
*tries to keep his belt* YwY

But yeah, seriously, this artist is one of the best in the fandom. \o/

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #751803  Replies : 26  Views : 1890