Back to

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Seguchi-sama's profile
1581 Posts (1.19 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 18:46:07 | #1
The greediest offer to be honest. 0/10.
You did better last year. At least steam packs weren't nerfed to oblivion back then, that's where my feeling might be coming from.

Thread : News  Preview message : #927833  Replies : 15  Views : 200
posté November 25, 2015, 21:55:44 | #2
You got it a bit wrong, I mean only a few can survive the skinner box as whole.

Wakfu has strayed too far away from its initial concept and became unfun, though I'm happy that there's still someone who's able to enjoy what the game has become. I'm one of those who desperately try to find motivations to keep logging at least 2-3 times a week, but there are hardly any left.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927689  Replies : 136  Views : 3313
posté November 25, 2015, 21:02:25 | #3
Except there's no real incentive to get to 200. No excitement. No point at all. They failed so hard with this lvl 200 release. It feels rushed and totally unnecessary. It's like.. "Sorry guys we're too busy designing our 8th mobile game so here, have your levels, hopefully it keeps you engaged for X months." But they forgot to add damn 180+ dungeons and quests.

I'm personally refusing to level past 180, I'll be forever hibernating till they add actual content. This early lvl 200 release was hard to get over and made me feel even worse than before. Pretty sure most of quitting players feel this way too, more or less.

I wasn't around the respective level yet when monk dungeon was released, but later then, I remember the hype around whisp island. Entire server was there for the first days, weeks, months! You didn't need to grind your ass out and have op gear before even entering it. Yes people were eventually complaining about mechanics and droprates, but it was nothing in comparison to moon island bs. Yes there's a difference between level 90-110 island vs 170-180 one. But I don't think we're going anywhere if things stay like this. "Former" high lvl content didn't drain you emotionally.

Today's high lvl so-called content is nothing but a skinner box. Only a few can survive it, those who find the sole possibility of leveling to 200 exciting maybe.

And then, what those 200's usually do? As it appears on Remi, they go nuts and aggro everyone. It's more of a personal grudge, but listen in. One more thing Ankama did wrong: mere PvE players have 0 protection against PvPers that kill just for fun. If I hate PvP with passion and don't wanna get dragged into this crap, I should have an option to block it completely. Instead, I'm getting aggroed right near zaap when I'm finally deciding to poke moon mobs for a bit. Do you like when the first thing you get in da face upon logging is this frustration.

Do you like when your client lags as hell, so you're unable to cast your spells properly.

Do you like when one equipment piece costs 25-40 dungeon runs.

Do you like when everything worthy is bound-on equip now, so you're stuck with your shit forever, no selling, no alt sharing, no gifts to people who need it more.

Do you like unfinished quests, half-done and abandoned content.

Do you like tens and hundreds of those minor, but annoying bugs.

Speaking of bugs.. Do you like when there's a big dupe issue and wisest move Ankama could do is ban most of the active players.

Now you should be having a rough picture why Wakfu slowly dies.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927681  Replies : 136  Views : 3313
posté November 24, 2015, 00:22:47 | #4

Quote (Aigees @ 23 November 2015 23:21) *
[*]Bugs we can't even imagine.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927365  Replies : 10  Views : 415
posté November 20, 2015, 05:28:51 | #5
Heal resist initially got implemented 'cause a few people were actively butthurting about PvP. It should've forever stayed as something that only exists in PvP though.

Moral: don't mix up PvP and PvE, ever.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #926813  Replies : 15  Views : 402
posté November 19, 2015, 01:28:26 | #6
Keep gratefully swallowing anything they give, and look where we end up a bit later.

Thread : News  Preview message : #926523  Replies : 73  Views : 1579
posté November 18, 2015, 23:04:23 | #7
I'm just trying to tell you guys about shapes and anatomy in general, but only a few will grasp the difference because others simply don't know what to look into. That's a narrow, artist specific subject, which we're failing to discuss adequately here.

Thread : News  Preview message : #926498  Replies : 73  Views : 1579
posté November 18, 2015, 22:37:57 | #8
Here's a good example of intentional lines, where everything is anatomically correct and has meaning. Fogger concepts by Tcho-kun.

Thread : News  Preview message : #926490  Replies : 73  Views : 1579
posté November 18, 2015, 20:57:08 | #9

Quote (Aigees @ 18 November 2015 18:17) *
Oh my, Look, seems you startled the guy behind the sketch, a "WIP" watermark was added, hahaha. I dont mind that sketch but thanks to you we might be getting something better soon.
Yeah that made me giggle. Hopefully the artist learns something from it.

Quote (TheFrostedFireFly @ 18 November 2015 19:13) *
On top of that, this probably wasn't even done in 30 minutes, probably 4 or 5 or less. It's a rough meaning that it plans out what the final piece will be based around.
I estimated 30 mins as a maximum possible amount I can imagine being spent on designing something from zero and getting away with such a quality. 5 minutes is very doable, if you don't have to invent anything new.

Speaking of time, we might go deeper: the attitude. If it's basically the first class image available for Wakfu, you know the hype will appear around it. Take a few extra minutes and show that you love what you're doing. Seems like the artist doesn't care much about the subject they draw. Same goes for Ankama who counted this picture as worth posting. If I were doing something like this, I'd have at least made sure that even a rough sketch looks alright.

I can only imagine that this artist charges for minutes (what's fairly rare tbh) and Ankama wasn't able to afford paying for a better look. The lines themselves carry next to no information, and the style/anatomy overall isn't very wakfuish. Therefore I asked who's the artist. I'm confused and upset. Where's our Xa and other cool guys.

This post has been edited by Seguchi-sama - November 18, 2015, 20:58:45.
Thread : News  Preview message : #926450  Replies : 73  Views : 1579
posté November 18, 2015, 17:58:49 | #10

Quote (Aigees @ 18 November 2015 17:23) *

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 18 November 2015 17:05) *
Mind telling who's the artist? The strokes look not very professional.
Probably an intern? Concept art rarely looks professional, imo.

Quote (TinhoAkatsuki @ 18 November 2015 17:26) *
The strokes don't look very professional probably because it is only a sketch.

Even a sketch done in under 30 minutes can look neat, if you want so. I'm an artist myself and I wouldn't let myself post something of quality like this, especially if it goes on the official site and most likely WILL be judged.

Thread : News  Preview message : #926408  Replies : 73  Views : 1579
posté November 18, 2015, 17:05:48 | #11
Mind telling who's the artist? The strokes look not very professional.

Thread : News  Preview message : #926386  Replies : 73  Views : 1579
posté November 17, 2015, 19:02:21 | #12
It's not a complaint thread, it's about what should've been done forever ago and I fully support it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #926178  Replies : 13  Views : 517
posté November 13, 2015, 18:59:10 | #13
Can't believe they're actually doing the lore thing again. Good job, good start.

Thread : News  Preview message : #925626  Replies : 15  Views : 691
posté November 10, 2015, 16:30:16 | #14
Yeah it's basically the same as leaving only 1 option in the poll :'D A year-old joke about truck drivers won't work. \o/

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #925034  Replies : 216  Views : 8448
posté November 10, 2015, 15:48:07 | #15
Low-mid lvl content is as important you say? The picture implies that it's actually TEN TIMES more important that high lvl. What kind of bullshit is that, even. Does anybody realize that every lvl 50 occassionally will turn into a lvl 150 with all the same complaints: nonexistent endgame content, no variety, no fun.

If they want more people to play this game, they must do something about it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #925027  Replies : 70  Views : 3359
posté November 09, 2015, 23:47:00 | #16
I hope it's ouginaks. Though I couldn't resist a mouse/chinchilla class (Bakara), that's just too cute for me. :'D

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #924889  Replies : 216  Views : 8448
posté November 07, 2015, 21:43:13 | #17
Also hey

You get it somewhere in the middle of that new nation questline. Comes out that one of the most desired features is already there, just two things: no one told us about it and it's still less accessible than it should be.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #924633  Replies : 27  Views : 1586
posté November 06, 2015, 00:14:19 | #18
I'll never accept you or other veterans going ;_;

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #924331  Replies : 30  Views : 1470
posté November 05, 2015, 20:27:37 | #19

Quote (Reineke-Fox @ 04 November 2015 08:50) *
Is it just me, or Ankama have launched too many projects exactly during the hardest year for the Wakfu game? Sometimes it makes me think that Wakfu is a slowly sinking ship and its team will be disband and merged into other games soon..
This.. Intern thing, Abraca, Kwaan, Krosmaga, Wakfu Raiders, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more projects I didn't know about. It brings nothing but sadness and frustration. We want your company to work harder on the "big ugly child" aka Wakfu, but not spread the manpower over 2641 new games that no one cares about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm playing Kwaan myself and it's good, though underdeveloped at the moment. But I'd rather be happy to see more effort being put into Wakfu.

We have to put up with 1-2 year old bugs, supposed to enjoy old recycled events every year, to grind 175-200 on a single island, to wait xx days for our tickets with some minuscule chance of getting real help instead of automatized answer.. Should I really go on?..

Wakfu needs way more attention from Ankama's side than it's currently being paid.

This post has been edited by Seguchi-sama - November 05, 2015, 20:30:11.
Thread : News  Preview message : #924283  Replies : 49  Views : 1956
posté November 05, 2015, 18:32:53 | #20
I know. I don't want to go buy ogrines just for testing purposes, and if those do expire, I basically would've wasted my money.

Quote (Flatops @ 03 November 2015 06:45) *
After confirming with Support, Ogrines for both Steam DLCs and the Steam client in-game Shop expire.

The most confusing thing here is "confirming with support". Either it means the info is relevant and fresh, or we got massively tricked on this.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #924259  Replies : 29  Views : 1689