Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

TommyTrouble's profile
Statistics
3343 Posts (2.65 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 03:45:07 | #1
Wood and Wheat and Ore? What do you mean by Resource?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #858308  Replies : 2  Views : 107
posté Today - 03:19:19 | #2
I'd like to see both. Do the Revamps AND add new Areas. My glob, it's not rocket science!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #858307  Replies : 68  Views : 917
posté Today - 01:05:26 | #3
The first 100 levels are a mere formality for most folks. You don't really pause to go slow (except maybe on your very first character, if even then). Most folks are pooling up at the top, because that's where we all end up, if we keep playing.

I'm much more interested in them adding in player generated high level (or any level) content. Conquest Islands, NvN, GvG, 3v3 PvP arenas, etc. It's been done before by Ankama, and I'm just kind of sitting here in awe that it's not done already in Wakfu. This stuff should have gone live back in 2013-2014. For some dumb as f**k reason, it doesn't even seem to be on the radar for 2015.

I don't know what they're doing over there at Ankama, but it's a pretty safe bet it's not going to be very interesting for high level players.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #858264  Replies : 68  Views : 917
posté Today - 01:00:24 | #4
Congrats! An actual real person tells the story about a Relic! This is very close to the normal experience for most folks: It's a lot of work, and takes a long time, and it's really worth celebrating.

Well done!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #858259  Replies : 9  Views : 270
posté Today - 00:50:11 | #5
It could be pretty easy- Just keep the normal stuff in, say, Forfut. But any new families added in should be for high level players. So we have lv 80-90 stuff in the normal area, and when we move on to the 2nd or 3rd area of the island, we see stuff around lv 160-170ish. And a new Dungeon or two.

The last thing we need is another Kelba Revamp. Nobody, anywhere, was hurting for a lv 70-80 family to fight. All the new gear could have been moved to a dungeon in the first area, and the crow people could have been a more appropriate level for folks who have reached 160+

It's a little late now for Kelba, but there's still plenty of time for them to do the right thing with Forfut, and add in relevant content along with the area revamp.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #858252  Replies : 68  Views : 917
posté Today - 00:37:19 | #6
I'd even make the argument that there is too much content already under lv 100. Very few people stay under lv 100 for long. There's so much to do, you just get swept away by this giant wave of XP, and next thing you notice, you're like, level 120. It's even worse under lv 50, there are so many dungeons, you can't even get sets from half of them, before you're way over the level that could have benefited from them.

Why not take away, say, lv 80-100 Vampyro, and make the new main area for 165-175, while keeping some lower level mobs in a smaller beginning zone, so we don't lose access to the crafting/gear and original mobs?

If they're going to recycle and revamp places, make it relevant!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #858247  Replies : 68  Views : 917
posté May 02, 2015, 18:48:47 | #7
It would be pretty easy to limit the number of bonuses a single Nation could have (or even a single alliance of nations could have) and also to add some favor to the bonuses of the underdog nation or nations.

They did it in Dofus, Brakmar used to almost always have higher bonuses due to it's smaller population online as compared to Bonta.

Something similar would both be expected, and a continuation of the normal path these games take towards balance.

Furthermore, the actual Nation Bonuses could be supported (in theory) by folks who hold the Prims maintaining the area around the Prims they hold. This could lead to less worry about maintaining an area, not more.

The whole idea of "Guild Property" is fun. Because everyone is going to want to defend what they've captured, you've got some really neat 5v6 battles (The prim takes up a side on the Defenders, remember). Furthermore, there is no actual permanent claim to any area. Only those strong enough or daring enough or organized enough can lay claim and defend areas for themselves and their Nation.

Having come from Dofus, I assure you, even the strongest Guilds, with seeming ironclad claims to certain Perceptor locations, can be overthrown. The balance of powers changes a lot, all it takes is some guts and some luck, and even the smallest most meek guild can have a share of the glory.

It's content we create anew with each promise, each stretch of our territory, each loss and broken alliance. It creates new friends and new opponents, and gives us all something to do aside from the infinite grind elsewhere in the game.

Shouldn't we really be excited? I know I am, and I'm going to keep bringing this up until they activate it for us all.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - May 02, 2015, 18:54:41.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857886  Replies : 46  Views : 1022
posté May 02, 2015, 18:43:04 | #8

Quote (AndersonMenezes @ 22 December 2013 03:35) *
Before the revamp os relics drops system, it didn't drop on Haven World fights, so now... Can Troyle or Sabi answer if drops?

I know it drops on dungeons (i droped on Hagen Darz dungeon), 1% for common mobs, and 10% on boss, (2.5%/25% if a good enutrof =P), i didn't drop on common mobs, but friends said did, i just want to know if it drops on HW for sure.

Because isn't popular to fight inside HW, and our guild is trying to fight inside, we did a nice zoo with 4 diferent zones to fight with diferent mobs without need clean and replant everytime, and we will try bring more and more diferent mobs, so this way, we will have all ranges lvl to fight inside.
They only drop in haven worlds if there is a glitch. Normally, only available outside in the "real world" where we can't as easily control the shape and size of the battlefields, or inside the dungeons, where it's always preset to favor the mobs.

They decided that we had too much control over how to approach a mob, and how to limit it's progress across a map, in the haven world.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857883  Replies : 16  Views : 1290
posté May 02, 2015, 18:39:56 | #9
Defense and chastisement aren't mutually exclusive, either/or propositions. We can love and respect Ankama for all the wonderful things they make, while also holding them accountable for all the wonderful things they have destroyed or abandoned.

I can assure you, as someone who has been a player and a customer since quite near their beginning, they earn and deserve ample heaps of both praise and disappointment. Indeed, one of the best ways possible to defend Ankama is to hold them accountable, so they have an opportunity to be their best-possible selves.

It works, and the games they make are better places for us all, due to the advocacy and the unrelenting voices of the community.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857881  Replies : 32  Views : 765
posté May 01, 2015, 22:17:32 | #10
Summon Naming!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857659  Replies : 37  Views : 704
posté May 01, 2015, 21:26:29 | #11

Quote (Hudski @ 01 May 2015 20:41) *

Quote (momotaotao @ 01 May 2015 10:06) *
It's just weird that they really need as much money as they can coming in, but for some reason make it hard or impossible for so many people to buy things. Just.. odd.

Where did this rumour come from? Why does it keep coming around like some horrible curse?

Ankama are not running out of money. In fact, they're making a goddamn movie. Krosmaster has been such an enormous success that the only traffic the Wakfu booth got at Pax was the overflow from the Krosmaster booth. The entire game hall was used for a Krosmaster tournament for pete's sake.

They have three releases on Steam (Wakfu, Fly'n, Kwaan) and showcased a whole bunch of new games at the latest Ankama thing. They've allegedly signed a third season of Wakfu with Netflix, how many fucking comic books and mangas do they have in print? And then there's Dofus, and - let's be real - all I have to say about Dofus is that it singlehandedly built the company and has been such a massive success, massive enough for them to fund literally everything Ankama's done to date.

Just because Wakfu's not visibly - and I repeat - just because Ankama aren't bragging about how much money Wakfu is making does not mean it's not making any money, nor does it mean Ankama relies completely on Wakfu to make their money. If anything, they don't care about fixing the Wakfu payment options or running deals that are actually good because they specifically DON'T need any Wakfu money.
Ah, you know, this is probably one of the better responses I've seen about Ankama. Maybe part of their delays and stupidity in Wakfu are simply due to playing catch-up to their increasing success and popularity?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857647  Replies : 10  Views : 286
posté May 01, 2015, 21:17:26 | #12
I love their buggy little eyes! Everywhere they look, they look amazed and out of their depth and it's so cute! Kind of like a chihuahua or a pug with anxiety, but made out of lava.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857645  Replies : 19  Views : 635
posté May 01, 2015, 21:10:25 | #13

Quote (Hearttyace @ 01 May 2015 18:18) *

Quote (darkabdo-gamed @ 01 May 2015 18:09) *
I CALL FOR REVOLUTION FOR THEIR CARELESSNES AND FOR THEIR GREED!!
Anakma is far from greedy...
They're definitely careless though

One big problem with revolutions- the folks and ideals you want to have be on top aren't the only ones competing. Something even worse might happen if Ankama gets another major shakeup in their Wakfu staff. I'd just like to see the folks that are already there do a better job, and part of that is turning out the content they've had 1-2-3 years of work time to fiddle with.

As for the Prims themselves, I don't care where the Bonus comes from, as long as it's something worth defending and battling over on a scale larger than 1v1. That's all we really need, is some basic framework out of it to stir things up, and to help us create some of our own content, driven by our actions to either aid one another or drive one another crazy.

About the only actual suggestions I can offer are:

• Each Prim offers a Bonus to the Nation of which the Guild that seizes it is allied at that time.
  • Furthermore, an additional Bonus should be offered to the specific Guild that seizes it. This will help foster some interesting conflict over bonuses within a Nation, while still serving the interests of the Nation overall.
  • Each Prim should have a randomly generated Decay rate, for example 1-3 days, only visible to the Guild that seized it. After this point, it can be attacked again, and either kept by the defending Guild, or passed on to a new, victorious Guild. Each successful defense should re-roll the number of days and hours they can hold it before the Prim again becomes open for another Guild to attack.
  • The time increments should not be perfect 24 hour periods, instead they should be at least one day and X minutes, and increase in hour increments up to some determined maximum roll threshold (I suggest 3 days max, to keep things lively throughout the week)
  • Only the Guild that grabbed the Prim can see the Decay rate counting down, so they can be ready to defend it, if they so choose, at the proper time.
  • Not making the Decay rate visible to outsiders prevents at least some of the camping near the time it becomes available to try and seize a Prim again. This can allow even a small Guild to potentially stumble onto an unguarded treasure and have some fun.
  • It would also help weed out gosssips and spies, as perhaps the Decay Rate could be a rank-based or individual privilege, and if the news of the day/time keeps spreading beyond those who should know it, it can help to show that some weeding of the ranks needs to be done. Much less painful than losing an entire Guild Bank slot to a thief!

You know, this could be a whole lot of fun. Even with just basic bonuses for the Nation and the Guild. It doesn't even need to be tied in to the ecosystem. Though down the road, it'd be pretty funny to see, for instance, a Riktus Guild that holds a prim going out and planting someplace like Thicket or Emelka with trees, crops and flowers, and keeping the Treechnids under control.

But starting out, just small static Prims bonuses to a Nation and to the specific Guild, that's all we need to see to get this show on the road.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - May 01, 2015, 21:45:24.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857642  Replies : 46  Views : 1022
posté May 01, 2015, 21:05:10 | #14
If we get an awesome Stalagmote hat and maybe even a pet, I don't really care where it is. I'll be there.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857640  Replies : 19  Views : 635
posté May 01, 2015, 21:03:30 | #15
Thank you so much for the heads up. It's good to know that we don't benefit from boosting the craft XP on our own- just the Weekend bonus is working. (at least that's what it sounds like you're saying)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857638  Replies : 7  Views : 375
posté May 01, 2015, 06:35:10 | #16

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 01 May 2015 06:27) *
were talking about the clan member not the world boss
Chunky Thighs Tell No Lies, And Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Biography Of Gobbsage

Gods we need to fight him again. He is so fluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuffy

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857462  Replies : 12  Views : 525
posté May 01, 2015, 06:25:10 | #17

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 30 April 2015 21:30) *
PvP is garbage anyway and it's kind of hard to not notice the old idea for the system was scrapped
A large part of why PvP is garbage is that there isn't much interesting to do when you PvP. Activating the Prims that have been sitting in the game since 2013 might not make PvP the most amazing thing ever, but it sure will go a ways towards making it fun and relevant for people. That's a lot more than we can say about it right now.

Quote (Naeomie @ 01 May 2015 04:49) *

If they're going to be pushed through, I think they should be pushed through as quickly as possible so something is finally done after years of it being put on hold.
Pretty much my feelings. As long as we can fight over a bonus or advantage at each prim, I don't care how bare-bones it is. At least it's something fun to do. We can craft alliances, wars, and marches of devastation or glorious victory. It's player generated content, at that point. But we need the framework in place to get it to stick.

Ankama, you're so close. Just take that final step, activate it, and give us something to do!

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 01 May 2015 02:28) *
In a perfect world they wouldn't have closed the trool arena which was the only thing that made trool faire fun
Yep. They also could have kept the Trool Arena open! I never even got to go inside, back then it was for all the cool kids in Black Crow and Gobbsage gear.

I mean, how hard is it to adjust a few extra mobs, and occasionally add in some new pieces of gear, consumables and such, when you're already doing that when you up a cap, redo a stat system, or expand the items made available with a content update, anyway?

Just a few new things added with each update.

Geez.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857458  Replies : 46  Views : 1022
posté May 01, 2015, 06:21:53 | #18
I miss Gobbsage in the context of the Conquest Islands System. Bring him back, and bring that back too! The animations are all still there at Ankama HQ. Just reactivate him and add in a fluffy fatty gobbal bonus of some sort- maybe Lock and some Resist? It'd be nice to have more than one Island to fight over.

I love Gobbsage's fatty little legs and fluffy tail, and I love talking with him and hearing him say mraaamf!

SO CHUNKY

#BringBackGobbsage

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857455  Replies : 12  Views : 525
posté May 01, 2015, 00:26:20 | #19
The prims were nearly done, as of 2013. 2013! Whatever they were going to do back then, it should be easy to adapt it to what little has changed in the nations up to now, and just hit the "go" button and make it available ingame. Most of the work for it has been done for over a year and a half.

It doesn't matter what it is. If it gives us things to do together, and to do against each other, it becomes a self sustaining system of something to do. I can wait quite a while for new areas and higher level content and stuff, if only there are fun things to do in the meantime.

Prims are very low-hanging-fruit, and can be finished really quick and added into the game. It will be good to give Ankama some breathing room, so they can get to work releasing all the other content we're still waiting for.

I am so sick of "new announcements" of "surprise epic content" when we have a giant backlog of stuff we're still waiting to be implemented or revamped or re-released. Stop it with the new stuff for a while, and just catch the fricking heck up! 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857357  Replies : 46  Views : 1022
posté April 30, 2015, 19:16:32 | #20
*ahem* they started GvG long before the current round of Class Revamps. So by that reasoning.... shouldn't we be getting the GvG first?

I'm not saying we should, but I do think they should stick to things that will make the game better, and GvG is definitely one of them.

It creates nearly endless content, generated by the actions, alliances and greed of both individuals, Guilds, and Guild Alliances. It would fill a HUGE void, and give us a lot of fun, dynamic activity to engage in.

Why it hasn't been long since released, even in a partial form (like current PvP) is totally beyond me.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - April 30, 2015, 19:17:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857270  Replies : 46  Views : 1022