Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

TommyTrouble's profile
Statistics
2735 Posts (2.57 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 21:52:06 | #1
You don't use them at the same time. What you do is use them in different situations. In that sense, they're perfectly compatible. At Wa, I use Motherfogger to snipe stuff and keep up rails (along with Cybot being made before I hop on the Highchair). Once I need to do burst dmg to Wa, I do the following:

1. Disassemble
  2. Fogginator
  3. Slide on Rails to get Sidestab/Backstab or just LOS to Wa
  4. Blast him a new cawwot hole

It works pretty well, and in Motherfogger you can do some nice ally -support, and toss out a fat AOE earth shield for allies who didn't stat their Resists very well (or perhaps just haven't got the best equips yet)

At low levels like you're at now, I just suggest Fogginator, to squeeze out some wakfu-burn burst dmg. If you want to keep burning Wakfu each turn, I suggest a limited use of the placement spell under the Fire branch, to get backstab. But what I went for is Aynaloxide. my turns look like this:

If enemy is close, and in aoe of others:

1. Fogginator
  2. Run up and spam a few 1mp cost Ray of Stasis
  3. Spam out 2x 5ap Aynaloxide
  4. If there's MP left over, and anything in range, then toss off a Stomp

If enemy is far:

1. Fogginator
  2. 2x Ray of Stasis on the target
  3. Bunch of Stasis Shot (good for hitting behind stuff, as it's no-los)
  4. Assuming enough AP-MP, continue left, right or forward relative to your position, and strafe enemies
  5. On following turn, try to use an Aynaloxide to keep up your Critical Turbo

This is just a general touch of my build. I prefer to stay at a distance and snipe, but I keep a heavy AOE spell in reserve for CC issues, and of course I can spam Ray Of Stasis pretty often beforehand. (I do Ray of Stasis first, usually, to add on power to my Aynaloxide hit)

Keep in mind that the more you can spam an attack, the more useful your crits will be to you; you'll have that many more opportunities each turn for a crit to proc.

The only real weakness of my Build is that in CC, one spell has a cast/turn limitation, and the other has a high AP+Wakfu cost. I've countered this by a pure investment in Dodge, and by having 6MP. This lets me step off a square or two and use Stasis Shot for 3ap, which has an unfortunate minimum range of 2. At lower levels, or if you have a very understanding team that always preserves your Linear LOS, you might find that Heart Of Steam is more practical, as it's easy to combo with Stomp at 10AP in CC, and with 11ap or more, combos really well with Ray Of Stasis (even moreso under Fogginator) A good CC damage combo under Motherfogger at 12ap is HOS HOS HOS, RAY RAY, STOMP.

Though to be honest, I've tested this, and the firepower is so high that you'll kill things pretty fast, and then have to deal with the issues of not being able to shoot through walls or allies, and being stuck thereafter with the task of running around, trying to get both Linear AND LOS on an enemy, just to attack. Using Stasis Shot for 3ap, and NO-LOS really eliminates this worry. Besides, I can easily get mine to 10 range, which almost makes me like a Cra.

EDIT: My lv 160 Fire spell is Steampalm, as it's very nice to have a mid-range Fire AOE, as well as a spell that can't have it's range reduced to minimum by Blindness. It also lets me invest in AOE gear, and that allows my Beam-AOE with a Cybot to really shine.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - October 20, 2014, 22:07:32.
Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #789000  Replies : 2  Views : 32
posté Today - 12:01:43 | #2

Quote (AduroT @ 20 October 2014 10:57) *
I got one from a monster drop and I was able to put it up on the market. No one purchased it because it was a CMC hammer and it turns out that stat was removed from the game though...
That's different, those are used to rotate bonuses on Attack runes, which no longer is necessary.

The only shifter ones that have value are the ones for Support slots, though I'm keeping my Damage and CMC hammers just for nostalgia.

The actual Smithmagic Hammers, that act as a proxy for a Rune of any rarity and level, is the one that is a bit too rare ingame, and sadly forces many of us to buy them in the Boutique.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788920  Replies : 4  Views : 147
posté Today - 11:58:13 | #3
It's good for trying out different spell ratios at lvl cap while you're levelling Sidekicks at Enurado mobs.

That's what I use it for, on my Fogger. Tryin' out various distributions of spells is fun!

(tho it's kinda easy to overshoot it a bit, and end up with a spell drained to lv 0. Le Sigh.)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788919  Replies : 7  Views : 180
posté Today - 06:14:55 | #4

Quote (BrainOnAJar @ 20 October 2014 04:32) *
so from what i can tell kameha air + epee + your choice of 3 ap spell is the highest burst damage then switch to an earth or water 4 ap while epee is down, for 48 less base damage per turn.

kinda love the berserk ap/mp buff.
What makes you even bother adding up damage on spells? It's just a placeholder.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788863  Replies : 145  Views : 4533
posté Yesterday - 11:41:37 | #5
The final stats are always the same.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788663  Replies : 7  Views : 173
posté Yesterday - 08:17:29 | #6

Quote (rororoororor @ 19 October 2014 04:45) *
finally i leveled to 100 and want to capture it
but there's are only weird long arm creatures in shusnitch reef
i want ocushu so bad! where can i find that?
go in the pit, collect seeds, plant the seeds outside, fight the occushu, then capture it.

100% most important thing to level in this game is your Trapper.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788628  Replies : 1  Views : 124
posté October 18, 2014, 22:58:09 | #7
I agree, much easier to balance a Summon if it's always under the control of the Summoner. I think that's about as far as we can get now with this conversation. Once we all have control of our Summons, then Ankama can start collecting meaningful data from PvM and PvP, and start planning for balancing.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788539  Replies : 87  Views : 1784
posté October 18, 2014, 22:49:14 | #8
My guess would be on a Xelor sub-class. Seeing as Xelor has a portrait of her (Pandora) in his collection. Or (hahaha) an Eliatrope sub class! It'd be funny to only get the sub class to Eliatropes, and never the real deal. TBH I'm happier with never getting Eliatropes in Wakfu, even if that means technically cheating around the corners like this might be. I'd rather keep some consistency.

Really waiting for Ouginaks, Crocodyls, Koalaks and the humanoid Sharkies though!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788535  Replies : 145  Views : 4533
posté October 18, 2014, 22:32:27 | #9
Ok, I'm cool with them adding in Dimensional Voyagers (hope they have a decent heals branch, like Pandora!)

As long as it isn't Eliatropes! I know some Voyager theory and technomagic is based off of Eliatrope breakthroughs, which would explain the use of the names in spells, without actually requiring the presence of that still-years-off class.

My only real concern then, is that they add in more character slots per account, so we can all buy up expansions to try out this new class (and others, besides!)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788530  Replies : 145  Views : 4533
posté October 18, 2014, 08:44:36 | #10
Looking to run Wa Castle a LOT 160 Fogger, good DPT at range and in CC, some mobility assist and such, mostly Stasis build. I need to run Wa Castle soooooooooooo many times! You're in luck if you need someone to fill your party. Just ask me!

Usually on Snausages or Ermahgerd Rerberts, both on this account. Message me ingame or here, or Ankabox! Thanks!

Thread : Events  Preview message : #788357  Replies : 0  Views : 45
posté October 18, 2014, 08:31:11 | #11

Quote (third-strongest-bunny @ 16 October 2014 01:50) *
Where exactly is the Frigost area for environmental quests? I've done the questline itself, but the areas are designated are Snowbound and the Hare Castle.

Can someone help me specifically narrow this area down?
If you're asking about the heals pet, you'll need to do the quests on the Glacier, also known as Chilliberg, after the entrepreneur clan member who, for some reason, seems to feel he "discovered" the island.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788353  Replies : 21  Views : 2136
posté October 18, 2014, 08:27:04 | #12
I wish I could control all my Summons. At least then, they'd stop being so embarrassing!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788352  Replies : 87  Views : 1784
posté October 17, 2014, 22:21:30 | #13
If this OVA is going to be as bad as it seems, why not just have the Lore team treat it like a stand-alone story, not linked to the main continuity? There's a bunch of stuff in Wakfu the game that does not make it into the official canon, so why not just shrug and move on, when it comes to an obviously inferior series of plot and character design decisions in the OVA?

Look at it as a "filler season" or "filler episode" in an Anime, that has no basis in the Manga. It's entertaining, but in the actual story, it can plausibly be said not to exist.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788250  Replies : 1132  Views : 37079
posté October 17, 2014, 21:58:22 | #14
Wouldn't the eye strain be terrible, on a small screen? Gratz to you for making it work, though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788245  Replies : 17  Views : 733
posté October 17, 2014, 21:54:30 | #15

Quote (Asthis @ 17 October 2014 21:50) *
Can I just have summons that don't derp in the middle of the fight. That's all I want.
If the Summons would use their AOE's in a wise manner (like they do in Dofus, targeting empty cells for best AOE dmg/heals, if necessary) and just... not run around hitting empty cells or derping out when something slightly atypical is on the field, like a gemstone... I'd be happy.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788244  Replies : 87  Views : 1784
posté October 17, 2014, 21:33:11 | #16

tame

adjective \ˈtām\
: not wild

: trained to obey people

: not afraid of people

: not exciting or interesting

tam·er, tam·est Full Definition of TAME1 : reduced from a state of native wildness especially so as to be tractable and useful to humans : domesticated 2 : made docile and submissive : subdued 3 : lacking spirit, zest, interest, or the capacity to excite : insipid

All of which are true, in their way, of Osamodas summons. (especially the insipid part)

None of which matters, when it comes to making a functional, fun game.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - October 17, 2014, 21:35:28.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788237  Replies : 87  Views : 1784
posté October 17, 2014, 21:16:32 | #17
Or just get them out of your Guild's Haven World. Pretty much any Guild worth the effort you'll put into it should have a seed/cutting/crop living bank set up in the Haven World, with all the stuff available for Guildies to access.

Failing that, newer Guilds interested in making an effort can set up an alt account Haven Bag in one area, full of Garden Gems, and set access rights to the Garden area to individuals in the Guild who are trusted enough to gather from that land. (occasionally you might have issues with starred resources or needing to re-enter permissions in the console, but this is what my Guild did before they released Haven Worlds.)

Additionally, it should be possible to fill a window of the Guild Bank with resource cuttings and seeds, to guarantee accessibility to guild members. However, it can be more beneficial to use that space for Keys and communal set trades, or crafting resources. Adjust it accordingly, to the needs of your Guild.

If all else fails, just ask around for cuttings and seeds. Higher level players and crafters generally have pretty good stacks of these, for ease of planting down the line, when stuff is really needed.

Good luck!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788233  Replies : 7  Views : 237
posté October 17, 2014, 08:13:27 | #18
I'm super happy now, with the balance between increased access at lower levels, and the increasing difficulty and slowly lowering drop rates as we progress towards lv 200+ content.

I do agree, revamps and content should come more frequently. Still, there is a lot to do, but then again, I'm a single account player, I run a large Guild, and I only play casually. I don't bleed out my life, logged into the game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788133  Replies : 71  Views : 1629
posté October 16, 2014, 18:18:53 | #19

Quote (TheMMOR @ 16 October 2014 17:46) *
How are we going to wait 1 year for more content when the September patch allowed everyone to reach all their end game goals in 1 month.

People are getting bored.
Only some people have reached their lv 160 goals. Not all, not even most. And it's not endgame, anyways. You're just prepping up for the journey to endgame, at this point.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787981  Replies : 71  Views : 1629
posté October 16, 2014, 08:00:52 | #20

Quote (AsiaAkatsukiKun @ 16 October 2014 06:59) *

Quote (Calamar-Chan @ 15 October 2014 22:52) *
We also need better maps.

Plain maps with almost no obstacles are completely useless and have zero tactics involved.

Obstacles map? are you serious? this is not Good idea for Group PvP.

Some classes skill need LoS.
That is the entire point. To be able to hide from spells on occasion, and to block movement a little, with environmental elements. If spells can always hit, in every circumstance, it takes away a lot of fun, and thought, and strategy. If spells can always hit, then the only stats that will matter are Initative and Damage. How well you play, and how you use the terrain, won't ever matter, if a spell can always hit a target. Might as well make them all no-los, 0-60 range fixed, and hold all battles in a hallway.

Quote (Heartyace @ 16 October 2014 07:50) *

Quote (AsiaAkatsukiKun @ 16 October 2014 06:59) *

Quote (Calamar-Chan @ 15 October 2014 22:52) *
We also need better maps.

Plain maps with almost no obstacles are completely useless and have zero tactics involved.

Obstacles map? are you serious? this is not Good idea for Group PvP.

Some classes skill need LoS.
What we need i more classes that can block LoS, Because Panda is currently the only class that can. (And just barely)
Enus.

Osas.

Cra.

Fogger.

Eniripsa.

Xelor.

Sram.

Others as well, I'm sure. Lots of classes can block LOS with Summons and Mechanisms.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787858  Replies : 32  Views : 1025