No flash

TommyTrouble's profile
Statistics
2494 Posts (2.45 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 13:22:25 | #1

Quote (TheMMOR @ 01 September 2014 12:47) *
Ya where is september update, I waited and stayed up till 1 am september 1st
Stay up and look for it maybe sometime after the date of the Update has been announced, next time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768583  Replies : 30  Views : 568
posté Today - 07:34:25 | #2
Looking at how many classes have Distance damage as the primary for most of their spells, I really hope to see the majority of equipment have Distance Dmg for the stats, not Melee.

Thanks for the list!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768502  Replies : 20  Views : 814
posté Today - 07:26:23 | #3
My boyfriend and I are concerned, we both live together and access Wakfu from the same location, though on different computers. Kinda worried about possible aggros against us, and not being allowed to defend each other.

EDIT: AH! GOOD! We can back each other up! EXCELLENT!

Consider my concerns solved! Thanks for the clarification!

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - September 01, 2014, 07:27:50.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768500  Replies : 12  Views : 314
posté Today - 07:21:51 | #4

Quote (XsamsaralotusX @ 01 September 2014 07:04) *
So it's September, where is the steam and s team wallet?
Or is it one more of this ankamas "we care for you and never fix any problem we have".
Still August 31st here, lmfao!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768499  Replies : 30  Views : 568
posté Yesterday - 20:50:15 | #5
Crafting gives you battle XP if you do it right. Many ingredients for crafts come from battles. So... battle, get ingredients, and there you are.

Though, overall, I wouldn't mind some XP from the actual act of crafting itself, if the XP was tied to my character level.

I'd say something like 1,000 crafts = 1 level

But as the crafting/profession system is getting a giant overhaul soon-ish, let's wait and see what it's like.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768276  Replies : 71  Views : 654
posté Yesterday - 19:38:27 | #6

Quote (sacril23 @ 30 August 2014 21:43) *
Heya folks! I just started the game currently playing as a xelor main level 26 and I've been having a hard time running dungeons. Its almost impossible to solo them even though I out leveled them by 8-10 levels. Finding a group is really hard since not a lot of people play at least on my server ( Nox ). I was thinking of dual clienting and making another toon so I can run a dungeon duo with myself. Is this a good idea? What class would be ideal to run my xelor with?

Starting is kinda rough and I was thinking of making some quick kamas by selling some cash shop items to help me get started. Any particular item I could quickly sell and get some kama's?

Also why is this game not popular? I've been playing too much mainstream mmo's lately like wow, wildstar, eso and finding this game reminds me of my first mmo I played, ragnarok which is nice. This game is a good break since I've been getting burned out with competitive raiding/pvp.
If you need help figuring stuff out, feel free to contact me in-game on Snausages or Ofelia Evenstar. I'm on Nox, and lead one of the larger and oldest Guilds, "Spanish Inquisition". many of us came over from Dofus, and in my case, I've been playing since 2005. Happy to give pointers to new players, and you're welcome to join our Guild for a while if you want to see how it is, and be around people. (Also the maxxed-out Guild Bonuses can really help a new player!)

This game is a lot of fun, and I hope you enjoy it! Welcome to Wakfu!

Quote (ChuckIevoodoo @ 31 August 2014 18:26) *
Although Nox's community is sparse, it's growing.
) have faith
Indeed. Nox has grown so much over the last few months, and with the Steam release next month, it's going to just explode. There are people everywhere, and a good majority of them are interesting, helpful individuals. If English is your only language, or your primary language, or you live anywhere near the North American Continent, I recommend playing on Nox. You'll find that having the same time-zone and language makes things much easier, overall. To be fair, we do also have people from around the world, and it makes me happy. Our North American Server has opened up some, and it's nice to have that additional diversity of players.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - August 31, 2014, 20:01:39.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768255  Replies : 10  Views : 233
posté Yesterday - 07:55:09 | #7
The Guild should be a respite from the Nations, not another barrier between them.

Guilds should not have an effect on the Guards VS Outlaws, and they should only affect PvP when the Guild VS Guild is released.

Should you go forward with forcing a Guild to align with a Nation, to enable PvP for the Guild Members, then you're going to be tearing apart friendships and efforts that span years of work. A new game mechanic should not have the effect of locking out friends and allies from one another, simply to have access to PvP. 

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #768108  Replies : 13  Views : 770
posté Yesterday - 07:16:18 | #8

Quote (thisishooks @ 31 August 2014 02:24) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 31 August 2014 00:09) *

• It will now be possible to align a guild to a nation. For example: If the guild is associated with Bonta, only members of the Guild from Bonta or an allied nation can activate PvP. If the Guild is not aligned, it cannot participate in PvP.
  • To align a Guild, two ways will be put in place: If no alignment to a nation, the alignment is free via the Guild interface. If the alignment already exists, it will be necessary to buy the corresponding Guild bonus (level 5 and 40,000 Guild points).
Does anyone else share my confusion and horror at this part of the update?
No. We don't.

If you're a Brakmarian in a Bontan guild and want to do Ranked PVP; go Bonta or go to a Brakmarian guild.
Thanks, but that does not solve the problem for me, or my Guild. We have folks from all 4 Nations, and I'm assuming we will have folks from all 5 Nations, once Riktus starts floating around on the Live Servers.

What we need is a way for all our members to participate in PvP, not restrictions that say only some of them. 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768102  Replies : 45  Views : 1081
posté Yesterday - 07:00:16 | #9

Quote (Roxzel @ 31 August 2014 06:36) *
The summon formula is outdated now is [(your lvl)*2*(control)]/8

So you need at least 5 control to be able to summon 2 or more guys that represent in addition a level that is higher than your level.
We are quite aware, thank you. It's always nice to get the latest changes written out like that, as it helps a lot with programming. However, the Summon Calculator isn't going to be updated again for a while, unless we can find a way to program it for free. (the program is in Visual Basic, and our license for the software has expired)

Furthermore, with the continuing changes to Osamodas and Summons, our focus for the time being will be on updating and maintaining the list of creatures available to the Osamodas, and analyzing their AI.

Once the changes to Osamodas are more concrete and familiar to Mouse Of Shadows and I, we will begin updating the FAQ's and the Guides. Any assistance or ideas you'd like to share with us after the September changes and later, please let us know.

Our thanks and well wishes to all the Osas out there!

Tommy and Bernie 

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #768098  Replies : 10  Views : 3360
posté Yesterday - 03:27:15 | #10
I'm mostly after the Relics for the stats they can provide me. I actually am kinda happy I can get the stats without the Aura now (via linked Relics), and I am happy that I can still go get a full, traditional Relic with Aura and Title, if I so choose.

As long as I'm getting the stats I want from a Relic, not much else about it really matters to me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768005  Replies : 99  Views : 1000
posté Yesterday - 00:14:56 | #11
What if a Guild has folks from all Nations, and thus cannot/will not align directly with a Nation? There needs to be a clear way for people to participate in PvP without the Guild affecting it.

I can not understand why the Guild would allow/disallow PvP due to it's alliances, or lack thereof.

I am very worried about this.

Quote (Nox16 @ 31 August 2014 00:07) *
OH I JUST READ YOUR FAQ thing and can i say its bs that you dont get the achievement for doing the token machine relics... WHAT'S EVEN THE POINT THEN. machines are worthless and literally the only thing i wanted them for is apparently doesn't work. I have to do a dungeon what 100 times at least to get a relic... and i dont even get the achievement? idc about the auras.... honestly i dont care about the titles but the achievements? you know those are the only things left in my discovery... *i wish they would've made a rank just for them* What's the point of these linked relics if they are basically nothing. I really really hope they seek to let us at least get the achievements... cause if not then everyone ive know who was looking forward to this change won't like it... cause its pointless. Like there is no reason why they should make these linked relics not have auras or complete achievements?! LIKE out of everything ankama has ever cared about really this is how you're going to balance things. Im so upset right now because instead of fixing the dozen of broken achievements *which you guys apparently care about who gets them* your going to make it so they are so much harder to get now. I still am against linked equipment btw i think its a cheap cope out and makes single players overall weaker. Not in the gear aspect but the economy aspect. Also it creates massive player divisions... but whatever the top gets better the bottom gets worse. Now i have to break the news that we still have to do these achievements the long and horrible way.
Easy to obtain Relic does not equal Worthless. The stat points aren't worth any less than before, are they? No.

Some folks may even prefer the lack of an Aura; for instance the Harry Boots has a horrible Aura. And sometimes you don't want folks knowing what, if any, Relic you have equipped, especially in PvP.

We can still get the achievement, title and auras by combining the dropped fragments into a tradeable Relic, so I don't see any problems here, really.

Quote (WwhitecrowW @ 30 August 2014 23:13) *

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 30 August 2014 23:07) *
Can non-subscribed people use their account chest next update?

-Rizarealm
At least one slot - so they can exchange untradeable gear with their own account?
Obviously, just use your free Sidekicks.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - August 31, 2014, 00:21:31.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767899  Replies : 484  Views : 10856
posté Yesterday - 00:09:17 | #12
I'm very excited about the wings and the PvP update.

HOWEVER!

My real concern is the confusing wording Sabi used to announce the linking of Guilds to specific Nations, and how that would prevent certain Guild Members from PVP'ing.

It makes no sense to do that, and as a Guild Leader, it seems like a nightmare, having to choose a Nation to align us with. Coupled with the awkward phrasing of the information Sabi wrote, I am in a tough place right now, trying to understand what the actual idea is, and what to do about it.

What is the idea of keeping an entire Guild, of up to 200 people, locked out of PvP, if they don't want to align with a specific Nation? My Guild has folks from all 4 nations, and will most likely have folks join up with the Riktus as well, in September. Is it to be expected that none of us can pvp, unless we all have the same Nation/Alliance as the Guild?

For reference:

• It will now be possible to align a guild to a nation. For example: If the guild is associated with Bonta, only members of the Guild from Bonta or an allied nation can activate PvP. If the Guild is not aligned, it cannot participate in PvP.
  • To align a Guild, two ways will be put in place: If no alignment to a nation, the alignment is free via the Guild interface. If the alignment already exists, it will be necessary to buy the corresponding Guild bonus (level 5 and 40,000 Guild points).
Does anyone else share my confusion and horror at this part of the update?

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - August 31, 2014, 00:33:51.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767897  Replies : 45  Views : 1081
posté August 30, 2014, 23:58:25 | #13
those double-negatives, ugh

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #767891  Replies : 3  Views : 77
posté August 30, 2014, 07:31:49 | #14
Ummmm... Sabi said:

....What? I don't really understand what is being said here. I want all my Guild Members to be able to PvP if they so choose. Why would I, as a Guild Leader, have any right whatsoever to limit their PvP because of a Nation they chose? It makes no sense to me.

Please, can someone clarify what this is all about, and why?

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #767709  Replies : 13  Views : 770
posté August 30, 2014, 02:59:57 | #15
I'd have to say, unless someone higher up the lore food chain at Ankama contradicts Izmar, I'll go with what she says regarding Nox having started life as a Feca, prior to his madness.

It would make sense, as Fecas are big on the use of Technomagic, like Xelors and Foggers.

I'm sure there are some people who are a blurry mix of Enutrof and Sram, too.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767662  Replies : 834  Views : 27300
posté August 29, 2014, 23:50:04 | #16
Any idea when/if we will meat up on the Test Server today (friday)?

Also, eeeewwww those bread recipes!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767586  Replies : 484  Views : 10856
posté August 29, 2014, 18:05:55 | #17
You might have an easier time running it with some sidekicks, then. You can let them get squished and it's no loss. And they won't block you, unless you make them do so, on your own. Much easier to get along with, in a situation like that.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767458  Replies : 8  Views : 288