Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

TommyTrouble's profile
Statistics
3295 Posts (2.63 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 07:34:07 | #1
Man, I miss Mango and Solace. Those were good, nubster times for me in Wakfu. Sigh.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855668  Replies : 51  Views : 1428
posté Today - 06:27:34 | #2
Just remember, the Kama-to-Item ratios are pretty different on Dofus, as compared to Wakfu. It's actually possible to covert down to Wakfu and end up doing pretty well for yourself.

I don't think that's really the problem though. It's botting in general, and furthermore the individuals that keep the botting profitable by buying the Kamas in the first place.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855654  Replies : 29  Views : 586
posté Yesterday - 23:21:14 | #3
Would you pause your subscription until good content comes again? if they had the ability to pause your subscription time until content is released, would you?

(I.E. Class Revamps, PvP/3v3 Kolossium, Hero System and Sidekick Revamp, Guild Vs Guild, Conquest Islands, Craft Revamp, Mobile Arenas, Nation Vs Nation Siege Engines, etc)

I sure know I'd like to save my 1 year plus of Subscription time for the arrival of some of this endlessly delayed content.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - April 25, 2015, 23:24:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855536  Replies : 7  Views : 194
posté Yesterday - 22:57:02 | #4
Yeah, I just don't see the logic in punishing people who pay a ton of Ogrines for some new cosmetic options. The gear should not be force-linked.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855525  Replies : 18  Views : 311
posté Yesterday - 22:44:18 | #5
Gonna miss you, Mango.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855518  Replies : 51  Views : 1428
posté Yesterday - 22:40:08 | #6
They could randomly lower your level, or take up a 5 by 5 grid of storage cells in your inventory.

There's definitely ways they could be worse, but I agree, they're pretty much near the limit already.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855517  Replies : 18  Views : 311
posté Yesterday - 05:59:35 | #7
You know, at first I wanted to really defend Wakfu. But as I started to put this first paragraph together, I got to thinking: It does... kind of seem... that pulling back from Wakfu for a while is a good idea. There just isn't much interesting or fun stuff to do right now. It seems like the game is just up on cinder blocks, spinning it's wheels right now. It's going to take some work before it's worth hopping back in, and continuing on down the road.

I fully expect that sometime in 2016 the game will have caught up to where it should be right now. Until then, I think stepping back a little, and enjoying some other games, is probably the best bet for entertainment for a lot of higher level, longtime players.

It really does seem, sadly, that logging in and playing right now is pretty much a waste of time. I can really, really feel that vibe. Here's hoping for something better from Ankama, for this essentially wonderful idea of a game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855366  Replies : 51  Views : 1428
posté Yesterday - 00:43:36 | #8
Can Not Click on the Safe in Srambad Bank, etc Character: Amber Alert
Level: 149
Server: Nox
Time: 3:40 PM Pacific Standard Time, April 24th, 2015

First Bug: After entering the area of the Bank with the Fortune Barricades, the map did not move, and I could not progress further into the Bank, to either of the following Fortune Barricades, nor to the Bank Vault Door that Chad is supposed to pick open.

Second Bug: Last night, after reaching the area with the door, there was nothing to click on to activate Chad's action of picking the lock. No interactive elements were present, aside from the Fortune Barricades.

Thread : 1.40 Bug Reports  Preview message : #855246  Replies : 0  Views : 38
posté April 24, 2015, 22:16:07 | #9
I can see it being balanced in a circle- everyone is really good against another class or two, and really weak against a couple, and pretty much equal with the others.

But to equally balance all classes against all others- it sounds boring, and like a nightmare, both from a player perspective and from the view of a game designer. I can't think of much that would be more tedious and unrewarding to spend time on in Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855201  Replies : 29  Views : 595
posté April 24, 2015, 22:12:56 | #10
I really hope they add it in. The stuff is in the files. I don't own a Friend Drake or a Dragoone, but I would love to see the fun folks would have, dressing up their own.

And really, I'm not opposed to Ankama making some extra money off it. It's an easy and intelligent way for them to pay the bills, and it doesn't exploit the players. If only Ankama felt the same way

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - April 24, 2015, 22:13:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855198  Replies : 4  Views : 226
posté April 24, 2015, 22:09:04 | #11
What if we could make mods for Wakfu? Hi there! I was wondering, if you had the invitation to make a single mod for Wakfu, what would that mod turn out to be? I'd like to keep this both simple and in-depth, so try to limit it to a single mod you'd like to design. Be as creative as you'd like!

My Example:

"The Return of Fun: Mobile Arenas"

• Re-Activation of all Mobile Arenas in game, as well as a restoration of the ones removed in Area Revamps, like Astrub.
  • Addition of several new Mobile Arenas, including one on each Adventure Island, as well as one covering the Shushtuf Crust AND Divine Dimensions
  • Addition of a Boss Mash Up Mobile Arena: Ever wanted to fight a lv 5 Robowl? Or a lv 1,300 Royal Tofu? With the luck of the draw, you can start out facing one, and end up losing gloriously to another!
  • Addition of Prizes going up to lv 200, including Transmute Stones as a common, early-unlock prize for victory!
  • Addition of occasional battle-round challenges to remove or reduce heal-resist!
  • Non-glitched challenges!
  • Unique, Arena Only special mobs, each with it's own dropable book! Who knows what Arch Monster will pay you a visit next??
  • The ability for curious onlookers and your biggest fans (or most dedicated enemies!) to spectate your fights!
  • Victory Poses customizable for the Top 3 Teams in each Arena!
  • Unique Crafts available from Arena-Specific Award Lists! None of it is linked!
  • And for those of you who like to dress up: the ability to aim for items of a lower level tier than your character level!

Ok, now let's see what you folks can come up with! Try to keep it somewhat realistic and non-game-breaking. Remember, we all play this together, so some things that might work for single-player games (like invincibility or infinite money) won't work here, in an MMO.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #855196  Replies : 25  Views : 536
posté April 24, 2015, 04:14:35 | #12
June.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #854961  Replies : 8  Views : 424
posté April 23, 2015, 21:53:55 | #13
Wakfu and Dofus are similar in a lot of ways, but also very different.

On Wakfu, they are nearing the release of a "Hero System" that will allow you to play up to 3 characters on a single account, at the same time. They also have, currently, a "Sidekick System" that has specialized build mini-classes you can purchase or earn ingame, and take those along to fill up to 3 spots (including your player-character). Note that the Sidekicks are going to be receiving substantial buffs once the Hero System is complete, so as to keep them competitive and covering niche needs better than a traditional 3 Hero setup can manage.

Meanwhile, on Dofus, they shortened the length of dungeons, and made them adjust to the number of folks actually in your party. They also added in a lesser version of Sidekicks (though they have more, overall, to choose from)

Dofus is much more sedate and polished, while Wakfu feels much more alive and unfinished. It's up to you whether you want a static world with lots of depth to explore, or a still-growing world that sometimes feels a little stupid and tight- but full of potential.

Both are great games, and have a lot to offer a player. But it's going to be a few more years before Ankama really gets things in Wakfu to a level comparable to Dofus.

Either way, have fun, and make the most of it!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #854874  Replies : 18  Views : 529
posté April 23, 2015, 21:05:30 | #14
We need at least double the chest tabs, as well as each tab being filled out to the max.

Each new area only reinforces how important it is to get more storage. Especially for players who are major crafters, or collectors of rare items and consumables.

We also need some bags that go over +30 items. We are easily at the point where we should be seeing +40 and +50 bags dropping off bosses, or at the least, craftable.

What is Ankama doing to resolve the drastic lack of storage?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #854852  Replies : 17  Views : 437
posté April 23, 2015, 21:00:07 | #15
Eww, why would they remove it? I have a ton of tokens I was planning to use throughout the year, as I actually needed them.

Put it back, Ankama! At least move it into the Astrub Tavern, along with all the legacy token machines and the other holiday ones!!

Do it now!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #854851  Replies : 9  Views : 329
posté April 23, 2015, 07:46:21 | #16

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 23 April 2015 01:18) *
man linked gear needs to be reset to "pick the elements" when transmuted
That would make sense. If it really must be always stuck on us, it should be at least totally under our control to change elements. I hope Ankama implements a good solution very soon.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #854623  Replies : 11  Views : 391
posté April 23, 2015, 06:04:02 | #17
Gotta love that arachnee pet. So cute and actually useful, too! The books are awesome, and provide a lot of background. And Djaul Dagger is really useful for high-WP use builds.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #854603  Replies : 24  Views : 684
posté April 22, 2015, 21:32:12 | #18

Quote (Gynrei @ 22 April 2015 21:01) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 22 April 2015 20:34) *

• Needlessly opaque boss mechanics

That's the one that has always bothered me. Am i seriously supposed to know or figure out that to damage a boss during a certain phase i need to do five jumping jacks, be one meter from my ally, and wear a vampyro breastplate? Figuring out how to hurt the boss shouldn't be that big a secret.
** and be in diagonal, and have killed a mob in lnear aoe at a range of 3 or more and have activated a totem state each turn for the previous 3-10 turns and be at least 5 spaces away from any ally and and and....

might as well, Ankama.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #854439  Replies : 34  Views : 998
posté April 22, 2015, 20:34:28 | #19

Quote (Madd1 @ 21 April 2015 21:06) *
If you were to ask me which was more fun, my job or Robowl I would tell you my job.

-Madd
One of the best quotes on this game I have ever read.

Xelorium Present is exactly the same sort of wrong they did on Dofus, back with the giant pile of difficult they added in during Frigost Episode 2. After a couple of years of the areas being open, only a very small % of eligible players had even attempted it, let alone beaten it. Some really small number- like 8%, actually ran the content at least once. It was horrible content, that was just complex for the sake of complexity. Not fun. Just frustrating.

It seems that few lessons were learned from those times on Dofus. I am concerned that we are headed in to another era of content for high level players that is neither fun, reasonable or rewarding. Some examples:

• Low drop rates used to craft Bind on Equip Gear
  • Low drop rates used to craft Bind on Craft Gear (!)
  • Low drop rates for gear that is not interesting or useful
  • Needlessly complex boss mechanics
  • Needlessly opaque boss mechanics
  • No way to slow down or temporarily reverse Heal Resist in long battles
  • Tons of Instant Kill mechanics
  • Super high token costs for gear that is maybe only a few points better than gear 20 levels lower than it (that cost far less tokens or had a higher drop rate)
  • Inaccessibility of proper crafts for lv 170, 180, 190 and lv 200 re-roll Transmutes

I can understand the need for things to be challenging as levels get ever higher. But there isn't really any reason for them to be both challenging and unrewarding and unprofitable and limiting and rare and miserable, time consuming slogs.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - April 22, 2015, 20:46:24.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #854423  Replies : 34  Views : 998
posté April 22, 2015, 20:32:45 | #20
The nightmare of "Bind On Equip" gear: We can't even trade our gear to alts and friends to roll it. And we can't craft transmutes to roll it. Gotta keep running max level content to have a tiny chance to get the elements you need- until you decide to change your build again!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #854421  Replies : 11  Views : 391