Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

TommyTrouble's profile
Statistics
2644 Posts (2.53 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 21:45:53 | #1
Our guild regularly runs almost all the dungeons that give lv 90-16X equipment. Pretty much everything from Vampyro on up has a use for someone, somewhere. I find it very odd that you're seeing such limitations in your circle of acquaintances and friends. I suggest you branch out, make friends, and possibly recruit more diverse players to your Guild, or join another. Best wishes to you!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782830  Replies : 22  Views : 336
posté Yesterday - 18:52:39 | #2

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 29 September 2014 15:26) *
Alkatrool is a nice dungeon as it gives ap epaulets but very tricky to farm. You might want to fight groups of 3-4 whispers for exp.
Alkatrool was removed from the game ages ago. (bad ankama decision)

The trool dungeon in the trool fair, however, does drop some nice nubby AP epaulettes for an exotic AP (can work for up to an 11AP build)

You'll need to unlock the Dungeon Achievements first (kill boss first, kill boss last, basically) and then the epaulettes should drop off the boss. Be aware that you cannot trade them or sell them. However, you CAN put them on Sidekicks, or trade via your Account Chest to your alts on the same accounts.

And finally, dear OP, go get a subscription. Then you probably won't need to post about how things are "kinda slow for me." Currently, you're intentionally removing 30% of your normal experience and 10% of your normal drops, by being unsubscribed.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782359  Replies : 10  Views : 378
posté Yesterday - 06:03:20 | #3
At higher levels, a hover over the mobs to see their passives will show you the unique passives Osamodas have, which can be helpful when you can't see the circles under the mobs. Also, targeting via the timeline can help.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782149  Replies : 8  Views : 154
posté Yesterday - 05:59:17 | #4
read the changelogs. daggers are only in offhand now.

Thread : 1.36 Bug Reports  Preview message : #782147  Replies : 2  Views : 48
posté Yesterday - 04:40:17 | #5
I think it says a lot that Ankama is considered a major victory by Netflix as it expands into France. Congratulations to Ankama for standing out that much both for quality, and by not being afraid to embrace this platform, against the tradition of much of French media. I can understand why French TV and Film makers have concerns, but embracing new audiences is really the only choice in the end. They've made a powerful statement by streaming their products off Netflix, and I really think it's going to be a good thing for Dofus, Krosmaster, and Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782116  Replies : 7  Views : 400
posté Yesterday - 01:47:27 | #6
Talked to my sister today; she's gonna start watching Wakfu on Netflix with my niece.

*so excited*

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782073  Replies : 7  Views : 400
posté September 28, 2014, 21:22:23 | #7
Ankama, WAKFU, and Netflix: LA Times Article! Wow. Well done, Ankama Games! In today's Sunday Los Angeles Times paper I just opened up and started reading during breakfast, I came across the following article on the front page: "Netflix's global outreach hits and obstacle: France".

Among deadpan jokes from french comedians like:

"The French people will never forgive this American company for changing it's name to Netflix just to make it sound more French"

And a bunch of (possibly correct) concern and fretting by film and t.v. producers, we get some really awesome, good news. On page A9, after having continued from the front page:

There have been some signs of progress by Netflix. One of the most promising can be found on a small, red-brick studio in Roubaix, a northeastern French town near the Belgium border.

This is the headquarters of Ankama, a video-game company with 500 employees that in recent years has branched out into animation. Ankama recently announced a deal with Netflix to carry the French company's fantasy-action series "Wakfu," which was already popular in France.

Olivier Comte Ankama's chief operating officer, said his company was thrilled with the Netflix partnership, which means its program can now be seen around the world.

"You can't go against the technology and the consumer's wishes," he said. "Streaming and things like this are the future. You have to deal with it."

I just want to give my thanks to Ankama for doing this, and for being accessible to the writers from the LA Times, which is one of the largest newspapers out here in the USA. Special thanks go to Sabi for her part in helping this process along. I hope she gets herself a copy of the paper, today.

I'm just going nuts, so excited to see this written up in the Sunday paper, from the front page, no less! I wonder how many other people will be reading this, and checking out Wakfu the series, and thus the game, in the near future?

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - September 29, 2014, 01:48:34.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782000  Replies : 7  Views : 400
posté September 27, 2014, 22:23:24 | #8
I hope you get your stuff soon. Bad, bad Ankama!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781661  Replies : 11  Views : 424
posté September 27, 2014, 22:22:11 | #9
The game is full of people on all the servers these Forums cover. Go play.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781659  Replies : 3  Views : 226
posté September 27, 2014, 22:21:24 | #10
No. The last thing we need with equipment is even more random element problems thrown in. The balancing issues alone would be a nightmare.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781657  Replies : 9  Views : 353
posté September 27, 2014, 22:19:05 | #11
There are small bonuses when you fight mobs that outnumber you. If you outnumber the mobs, you get the base XP.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781655  Replies : 6  Views : 373
posté September 27, 2014, 22:16:56 | #12
Mortal Wood / Kama Wood Is Missing Character name: Snausages
Date and time: 9/24/2014-Present (possibly earlier)
Map: Haven World, Spanish Inquisition, Nox. Srambad.
Server: Nox

Bug description: Starred resource "Mortal Wood" and "Kama Wood" are missing from any trees planted.
Reproducibility process: The only starred wood still harvested by myself was planted and grown before the update. It no longer grows, appears, or is able to be harvested.
Plant trees in the HW or in the HB or in Srambad/Enurado. You'll not ever see what you need, even after 300+ attempts.

Screenshots: 

Thread : 1.36 Bug Reports  Preview message : #781654  Replies : 3  Views : 59
posté September 27, 2014, 11:45:05 | #13
I guess bad teams don't do Flaxhid very well, but I know our Sacrier is built really good, and we have a good team besides, and Flaxhid dodging and walking a few squares away once in a while isn't that big a deal. We just make sure the Totem heals us and keep grinding Flaxey waxey like we should. That bad bad shushu!

Very glad for our Sacrier. I think this update changes things a lot, but all that lock and map manip and coag on a sac sure is critical for our success there. It's not nearly as bad as you're pretending it is.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - September 27, 2014, 11:45:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781489  Replies : 113  Views : 1818
posté September 27, 2014, 06:57:25 | #14

Quote (Monkeyshizzy @ 27 September 2014 06:26) *
oh sorry i actually have one last question (last one i promise!)

where do you get that heal cat (snow bow meow)

you mention frigost, is it one of those random challenges where you have to find it or is there a quest somewhere i can find?
Should be from the quests in the first area (the environmental ones + the resource fetchquests) though it may have changed at some point.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781427  Replies : 11  Views : 337
posté September 27, 2014, 06:15:22 | #15

Quote (Monkeyshizzy @ 27 September 2014 06:04) *
okay thanks for the help TommyTrouble! Ill probably pick up lumino and a trank for tanking, then in the future if im rich enough i might pick up a krosmoglob for damage/off healing.
Those are excellent choices: high survivability as you get accustomed to the game, along with some minor map manipulation, and burst %Heals and %Lock. Trank also has a nice suite of debuffs and effects, such as MP theft and HP steal.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781420  Replies : 11  Views : 337
posté September 27, 2014, 05:48:16 | #16
150PP is the cap, though you can go over it, it won't count for anything.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781413  Replies : 3  Views : 109
posté September 27, 2014, 05:45:21 | #17

Quote (Monkeyshizzy @ 27 September 2014 05:30) *
hm thanks for the info, a few more questions, which do you think is cheaper to gear up? Im pretty poor and im only ~105 on my characters so things like djaul dagger arent gonna be happening any time soon. Lumino seems like he would be easier to gear since i can put a lot of single damage things, and i dont have to worry about crit/wp gear. I feel like lumino will help me do dungeons earlier since things have started to hit really hard recently, though krosmo will help as well since he helps it go by faster i guess.
Lumino is by far the easier of the two to gear up. It's very easy to get range gear, ap gear, and such. Furthermore, you can get the "free" heals kitty from the quests in the first area of Frigost, out on the ice, or get a Tofu, or almost any other pet, and see it be effective. (Make sure if you get an elemental specific pet, that it backs up or becomes the deciding factor for Lumino's heal/attack element.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781411  Replies : 11  Views : 337
posté September 27, 2014, 05:20:38 | #18

Quote (Monkeyshizzy @ 27 September 2014 05:06) *
hm does krosmoglob have the ability to heal himself? i do like the idea of insane critical damage
Under the effect of water dmg, it can, to a degree. It's nothing at all like Lumino for heals. The metagame for Krosmoglob seems to revolve around putting a bunch of crit gear on it, spamming it's Wakfu-burn Crit dmg buff, and then giving it the Wakfu speed buff when it comes up, for even more dmg buff. You can also equip things like Vampyro belt, Djaul Dagger, and other equips with a Wakfu point on them, to let it buff it's crit dmg even further. I'm not sure about it's self-heal capacity beyond rebounds from it's passive, but Water is the least impressive choice for Glob, and is really not what you get and gear it for. Just for getting out of an occasional pinch, in my experience.

Lumino has a single attack and it pushes, you'll do best giving Lumino range for the Heals, and focusing on a single element you want the dmg/heals to base off of, as they're "Chromatic" and will follow the strongest damage type you've equipped on Lumino. At high levels, the Push spell and the small amount of knockback damage can be very helpful, especially on a crit. And don't forget, the heals will damage Undead enemies, of which there are a few families thus far ingame. (quest chafers from Srambad, normal chafers, ice chafers, and ghouls). You'll do best with Lumino if you go at least 10AP or more, and add as much range as possible. Dodge helps too. Keep in mind that you can change the dmg type any time on Lumino by making one Element highest. You can use this to fill in an element damage type you're lacking in your team, or want more of.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781407  Replies : 11  Views : 337
posté September 27, 2014, 04:59:51 | #19
Lumino is the better healer, and can revive. Krosmoglob is the better damager, and can keep buffing its crit dmg under the effect of air equipment, to the point of glorious madness.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781396  Replies : 11  Views : 337
posté September 27, 2014, 02:29:02 | #20
The system is fine, aside from a few glitches. I've only started running Flaxhid and Hardcore dungeons after the revamp, and we haven't lost a single run yet. I understand there's a few bugs, and the system takes some getting used to, but tanks are still useful, and the content is still quite beatable.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781357  Replies : 113  Views : 1818