Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

TommyTrouble's profile
Statistics
3070 Posts (2.63 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 09:08:22 | #1
Hmm I thought this would have been the place to ask to get the lore lined up about it. I can't remember what source I came across, but there were multiple mentions specifically on how the methods of summoning changed for Osas. TBH I don't keep screen shots of everything I read and come across, but I know it was out there, and I found it to be very interesting, at the time.

Maybe someone who keeps closer track of that kind of stuff would know the sources. I don't know if, at this point, it was an ingame book, a devblog/backround post, ingame npc text, or what. But there have been definite shifts in the in-world reasons given for the changes in summoning over the ages.

Don't get me wrong: I'm pretty sure, like the eliotropes, that first things are made, and only later are there ever created "reasons" for them to exist. I'm pretty sure the GobGob was a "nice design" long before it was a "solution to the Chaos as it impacted the ability to summon across dimensions". That still doesn't change the fact that there is a story behind it, somewhere out there, one way or another.

It's pretty clear the GobGob is there for more than looks; and i am 100% sure it was given to Osamodases to make up for the increased difficulty of cross dimensional summoning, post-chaos.

Anyways, yeah. If anyone has the files or really tracks like everything written ever, that'd be nice. But aside from that, what's your opinion on the possibility of summoning returning to normal, post-ogrest? (assuming he stays away from the dofuses)

I have two primary hypotheses:

1) The Chaos was a kind of energy field, and once the Primordial Dofuses are removed from Ogrest, things should eventually calm down, and make interdimensional summoning a practical reality during battle.

2) The Chaos caused permanent damage to the readily-accessed, battle-capable, short-notice Summoning practiced by Osamodas and other classes, during the Dofus Era and earlier. Things might get "better" after the end of the Chaos, but the system itself is too broken to ever be as practical as the "keep your familiars with you, in the material realm" method of Summoning that has mostly replaced it.

Any other ideas on what might change, post-chaos? (even though we won't likely see it in-game, the repercussions are still an interesting though experiment)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825413  Replies : 1645  Views : 62898
posté Today - 07:10:11 | #2

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 30 January 2015 02:01) *
I wonder if gameplay mechanics aren't just gameplay mechanics sometimes
Well of course: things like monster seeds and such.

But the variant forms of Summoning are clearly backed up by the lore across Dofus and Wakfu. I don't have all the references, but it's been pretty well known for some time now that the Chaos interfered with things like Summoning, and thus various alternate forms became the new norm. I'm just curious if that "damage" to the old system was permanent, or if, with the possible calm after the end of the OVAs, the old system might be a viable alternative again.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825385  Replies : 1645  Views : 62898
posté Today - 01:56:16 | #3

Quote (-Celio- @ 30 January 2015 00:41) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 29 January 2015 21:29) *
I'm curious, after the end of the OVA, when Ogrest gives up the Dofus, would the traditional Summoning methods employed back in the Dofus Era become easier, again?
what summoning methods? Please explain what are you trying to say.
Compare the old methods of how Osamodas used to summon, or the summoning of the Dopples. If I recall, this was a teleportation, or some kind of astral summoning. For instance, the old Osamodas, pre-Chaos, could just summon mobs, and spam them. The Chaos disrupted that capability, and led to the modern Osamodas we see today- tied in directly with the GobGob, wich ingests and stores Summons for the Osamodas.

It's entirely possible that we don't have Class Dopples due to Ogrest's Chaos, as well (though this would depend on the lore surrounding how, exactly, those lv 200 Dopples arrived on the battlefield, after you cast the spell)

Anyways, the old way of summoning, that was so prevalent pre-Chaos.... I wonder if it will become practical again?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825350  Replies : 1645  Views : 62898
posté Today - 00:04:35 | #4
Nerf everything, except me, so I can always win at PvP.

Basically that's the solution.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825312  Replies : 54  Views : 625
posté Yesterday - 21:29:48 | #5
I'm curious, after the end of the OVA, when Ogrest gives up the Dofus, would the traditional Summoning methods employed back in the Dofus Era become easier, again?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825266  Replies : 1645  Views : 62898
posté Yesterday - 05:13:23 | #6
I'm actually really happy how they tied in so much of this to the OVA. It's going to be a lot of work to flesh out the potential storylines, but it's good to see them actually making the effort.

I'm curious to see what neat new stuff they'll come up with in 2015, and how it will all be made to work together. Sometimes, it's fun to watch all this come together, right before our eyes, rather than just having a single, master planned finished product with inflexible rules.

It might be a little frustrating to understand right now, but the added depth to the World is very welcome.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825110  Replies : 1645  Views : 62898
posté January 28, 2015, 19:29:23 | #7
Also, could anyone translate that first page of the book, which is still in French?

(Also, in b4 children of gods are all Eliotropes)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824946  Replies : 1645  Views : 62898
posté January 27, 2015, 21:24:28 | #8
I'm looking forward to the Hero System. It helps patch up holes in almost-full groups. What's not to love about that?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824611  Replies : 50  Views : 1211
posté January 27, 2015, 03:49:59 | #9
No snow storm down here in Los Angeles, and I logged in just fine. It might be a local issue for you, though. Best wishes.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824340  Replies : 2  Views : 78
posté January 26, 2015, 23:17:46 | #10
Welcome to Wakfu I run a Guild on Nox, and I've been playing Dofus since 2005, and Wakfu since 2012. If you need some questions answered and maybe some new friends ingame, let me know. Maybe you'll find a nice fit

Best wishes to you, and have tons of fun!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824273  Replies : 3  Views : 148
posté January 26, 2015, 15:44:26 | #11
Sabi siad, a while back, that American credit cards aren't being accepted at Ankama. You'll need to use PayPal or other Gift Cards and such.

Apparently, stuff like CVS Pharmacy and even Subway gift cards all use this common standard called O bucks. It looks like an orange pokemon ball. Apparently, Ankama decided to still accept money that way, though only up to $20.00 at a time.

So yeah, we can basically count out the "buy-ogrines, get-promo-items", for the most part. But on the other hand, nearly everyone lives near a business with a big gift card kiosk.

Good luck.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #824163  Replies : 15  Views : 300
posté January 26, 2015, 15:37:41 | #12
It's still only about $6.00 to play Dofus or Wakfu each month. Dunno what you're spending that last 2-3 dollars on, but I'm sure Ankama appreciates it!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824158  Replies : 20  Views : 689
posté January 26, 2015, 09:01:45 | #13
Unfortunately, the real backgrounds for the haven bags are so dim and "distant" that you can't really see what they're supposed to be, unless you're really lucky.

The tofu one, if I recall, actually has a tofu patch on it, but you'd almost never know it, due to how dim it is, and how it's usually blocked off by the haven gems you place.

Thanks for showing these backgrounds. Maybe they could add some to storyline achievements: you get different backgrounds to go with winning certain titles in-game. Something nice and visible, to commemorate your favorite moments ingame.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824083  Replies : 9  Views : 478
posté January 26, 2015, 03:39:08 | #14

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 26 January 2015 03:34) *

Quote (Duzy-Sadysta @ 26 January 2015 03:18) *
Or else add more items into "blessing" loot table, and let them scale with enu level.
Or better yet revamp whole water branch to do something else then applying Broke, AND make this passive give Enutrof a (higher then now) chance to apply Broke with any spell it use to hit enemy (including earth and fire, i don't like to break challanges "do not use water element" when i want to make target drop Pouch).
Even if it capped out at 10% Broke/Pouch chance on non-water spells, that'd be more than enough of a buff for me. It'd allow me to be in Zerker mode and still hunt treasures. That would be AWESOME!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824041  Replies : 20  Views : 645
posté January 25, 2015, 23:06:42 | #15
I actually really enjoy Enutrof's Blessing.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823952  Replies : 20  Views : 645
posté January 25, 2015, 20:35:36 | #16

Quote (AlcoholicBeaver @ 25 January 2015 14:23) *
Nox.
Nox is full of people, and thriving!

Make sure you're playing during the hours America and Canada are usually awake, though- this is the North American Server, after all  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823898  Replies : 29  Views : 832
posté January 24, 2015, 21:35:24 | #17
It seems to me that it's more about making friends and having fun than achieving maximum bonuses.

If I'm having fun and enjoying my time in a Guild, that eventually leads to earning bonuses and making progress. It's a wonderful system: the more you interact and help, the stronger the Guild itself becomes.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823642  Replies : 24  Views : 662
posté January 24, 2015, 01:26:27 | #18
My Fogger Isn't Getting Spell XP past lv 165 Here is a template you can use for your bug reports:

Character name: Ermahgerd Rerberts
Date and time: 23 Javian 972 (23/01/15) 17:22 Server Time (1-23-2015, 4:22PM Pacific Standard Time)
Map: Enurado areas
Server: Nox

Bug description: My Foggernaut is not gaining any spell XP for using spells in combat. Character XP still earned, however.
Reproducibility process:
Log my fogger. Try to get spell XP. It probably won't work. I don't have any idea how, or why, this is happening. Hence the bug report.

Screenshots: 

Thread : 1.39 Bug Reports  Preview message : #823365  Replies : 0  Views : 56
posté January 23, 2015, 22:06:34 | #19
Still, it's really nice to see them touching up spells on classes that aren't due for the immediate revamp.

Here's hoping that they'll do some interim touching-up for all the classes, to tide us over until the official revamps.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823298  Replies : 26  Views : 923
posté January 23, 2015, 22:00:50 | #20

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 23 January 2015 21:52) *

Quote (SacridTaco @ 23 January 2015 21:13) *
Sorry to kill the fun, but that's not exactly what I meant. What I tried to say was the number of Osa summons able to be on the field at any given time (per person) , is limited to how many enemies at the start of the fight. So if you're fighting 1 person, you won't be able to have 2 summons in play at the same time.
I still would not consider this detrimental to Osa gameplay.
So in 6 vs 6 pvp if your team has 6 osas then your team will have basically 36 sramvas running around and owning enemy team? Pretty crazy. Especially that osa is meant to play with 1 strong summon. Leave multiple summons to Sadida.
Funny, that. I was a +15 Summon Osamodas, back on Dofus. Both Osamodas and Sadida are supposed to spam stuff, as far as my experience has shown me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823295  Replies : 29  Views : 840