Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

TommyTrouble's profile
Statistics
2891 Posts (2.62 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 00:36:49 | #1

Quote (ScarletSp00ks @ 26 November 2014 23:26) *
It's kinda hard not to make osa op since it can capture anything and change roles whenever it likes.
Most things can't be captured. All of them miss out spells that can. They are weaker in stats. Their AI is worse, partially due to the deleted spells. They miss out almost totally on any debuffs or self buffs.

Even the mobs that keep most of their spells are still generally trash.

And until we can unsummon like a Sadida can, we can't take on different roles without first taking time and effort to kill our summons directly- and the most common spells used by Osas buff the summons, or do minimal damage. So it's even harder than it seems at first. We have few ways to actually harm our summons.

TBH, Osa needs buffs. Most of the game is not 1v1 PvP. In the rest of the game, Summon Osas especially are a thorn in the side of strategic runs, their summons are loose cannons, and the Osamodas is super easy to burst down, unless it's built like an absolute insane tank (at which point, why bother playing an Osa at all? Just make a Feca or something).

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - November 27, 2014, 00:38:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #801430  Replies : 67  Views : 931
posté Yesterday - 10:47:19 | #2

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 26 November 2014 09:36) *
Critcism =/= drama

Also, I don't think you should show up here again after you've literally been trying to defend semi-pedophile behavior with "b-but there's lower age of consent here and there and besides naked underage bodies are ART", this mindset by default makes your presence obsolete.
Let's keep it on topic, please. I don't want to see this thread closed. It's still pretty useful.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #801182  Replies : 1432  Views : 47389
posté Yesterday - 07:37:58 | #3

Quote (Merriden @ 26 November 2014 07:30) *

Quote (Senka @ 26 November 2014 07:13) *
Is mining still worth it? Or not so much anymore ever since mobs drop kamas now and all the other changes?

Mm, no point in weighing the worth of minting kamas vs farming kamas from monsters when you'd earn more kama from selling the mined ores than you would from minting them.
That's generally an excellent point. We bought the Ore Nodes in the Haven World back when Sparkly Ore wasn't nearly impossible to spawn (thanks, Ankama).

As of this moment in time, it's not worth the expense, unless you really value solitude when mining.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #801131  Replies : 16  Views : 528
posté Yesterday - 07:19:51 | #4
I'm not sure if "mining is still worth it" but if I'm otherwise spacing out, I make the most of my maxxed mining gear and the Ore Nodes we built in the Haven World, and just run my little Osa buns back and forth and mine up Kamas. I guess I'm pretty lucky with that kind of set up. I don't know how it would appear to someone approaching it from a more common angle, and outside a plush Haven World. Probably a lot of hassle.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #801128  Replies : 16  Views : 528
posté Yesterday - 07:13:25 | #5
A discount on Respec scrolls would be very nice.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #801126  Replies : 14  Views : 403
posté Yesterday - 00:55:00 | #6
Some of that old info of the Beta Wakfus sounds really cool, tbh. It's a pity so many neat ideas have been left at they wayside.

Nevertheless, quite the necro post.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #801039  Replies : 34  Views : 1971
posté November 25, 2014, 23:15:12 | #7
Economy is fine, my Guild is drowning in Kamas these days. Things have picked up enormously since they went f2p and added Wakfu onto Steam.

You'll find it's easier to make money now than ever before, tbh.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800992  Replies : 16  Views : 528
posté November 25, 2014, 18:50:49 | #8
You can get Kamas directly off mobs, and somewhat more if you use your Sidekicks. The Kamas won begin to decline as your level exceeds that of a monster, though. So keep that in mind.

The main thing is to find things people need, as well as things people just want, and determine what you can go after to sell from that. A good idea is to listen around and see what people are asking to buy a lot of. This can help you keep your finger to the pulse of your server's needs, and acting on the information you collect will net you a steady income.

Worst case, you can watch TV or listen to a Podcast or go and chat on the Team Speak, and work on your Miner, and then just press out the Kamas recipes at a Kama Minter.

Furthermore, by completing certain core storyline quests, you'll obtain Artifact tools that let you access and open chests of Kamas and XP.

Best wishes for your success!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800933  Replies : 16  Views : 528
posté November 25, 2014, 04:13:33 | #9
Generally CP means what you've done in your Nation, now. If you've done something "bad" in Sufokia, or have your wings up, or probably a few other things, it should be impossible to access it via a Zaap. You'll need to take a Boat.

Thread : 1.38 Bug Reports  Preview message : #800686  Replies : 5  Views : 113
posté November 25, 2014, 04:10:22 | #10

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 24 November 2014 20:18) *
well you can just buy the cheapest of pvp gear...

edit: and i did, on my sadi i popped 200 orbs for a felin ring. on the first attempt to crush (it let me select it) I destroyed 0 item and got 0 powder.

so i put it back in and tried again, this time i destroyed 1 item and got 0 powder.

so with persistance you can crush them, but don't.
Dang. Wow. Ok, thanks. I guess that means Nox will have one less Summon Osa trawling around for PvP.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800685  Replies : 14  Views : 560
posté November 25, 2014, 04:09:10 | #11

Quote (Hudski @ 25 November 2014 00:50) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 24 November 2014 21:35) *
a lot of people had a huge backlog of them just sitting in their gift boxes

Had? You mean have. I still have about 17 sitting in a box.
Spoken like a true osa. I bet that ain't all you got in that box.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800684  Replies : 11  Views : 672
posté November 25, 2014, 04:04:19 | #12
I've had some lag and been booted off a couple times this evening, but that is the extent of my problems on Nox. Whole guild is having issues though, it seems.

Sigh.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #800683  Replies : 10  Views : 285
posté November 24, 2014, 20:00:33 | #13
Although it pales in comparison to 20,000 Ogrines, keep in mind that those who use a Character Change will also be missing out on their round of Kama Chest quests. It should help a little bit against the trend of inflation.

I'm pretty excited about this class change thing. I don't intend to use it myself, but I know a lot of people who will enjoy it. Good job for a change, Ankama!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800522  Replies : 100  Views : 1662
posté November 24, 2014, 18:47:30 | #14
Well, I guess *ugh* I'll give it a shot then. UGH. I hate the current PvP, and I don't wanna drop so much work into making my Osamodas PvP ready. But this is a time and place where just maybe it's worth it to try.

Still, if anyone knows for sure whether PvP items can be crushed, and how much powder we get, it'd be nice of you to share your observations.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800491  Replies : 14  Views : 560
posté November 24, 2014, 18:45:02 | #15

Quote (Hudski @ 24 November 2014 17:52) *
Capitalism is unsustainable IRL, too.
Extreme versions, sure. But overall it's been pretty useful to our species. Think of all the neat stuff we can get in this day and age! The core thing is not to lose touch with things that really matter, like fellow humans, ethics, the future of this delicate planet, etc. In its extreme forms, capitalism does steamroll things that are easily more important.

In the case of the Boutique and Ankama, they're steamrolling over their own community and their own good name. No amount of money is worth the hollowing out of your honor.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800489  Replies : 105  Views : 2392
posté November 24, 2014, 18:36:38 | #16
This seems pretty cool, and it's a nice way to tide some people over until their class revamps come around again.

I'd rather that Ankama do something like this than go down the path of rental stat costumes, like on Phaeris.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800486  Replies : 100  Views : 1662
posté November 24, 2014, 12:12:19 | #17
I've only ever heard that they are not planning anything like that. However there were transfers of characters to other servers a while ago, and some communities have opened up a bit.

As for shifting around characters in the same server, like you asked- maybe after they implement the Heroes System. But so far, no real plans that I'm aware of.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800393  Replies : 4  Views : 204
posté November 24, 2014, 12:08:37 | #18

Quote (Psyknx @ 24 November 2014 12:06) *
Im a returning player and the skills are confusing me.
Let's say Im a full Air character. Can I put all my points in Air without any drawbacks? Like low resistances etc..

Thanks.
Your Spell Levels only affect your Damage now. You directly invest in resists via levelling up now, and allocating those points to either flat resist, specific resist, secondary resists (like crit or backstab) or investing a Major Point into 10% Final Resist.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800390  Replies : 3  Views : 157
posté November 24, 2014, 12:02:29 | #19
Thanks for sharing. I completed it. I hope Ankama gets a good look at it, and that they also try to add more surveys here, so they can more accurately gauge our feedback.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800385  Replies : 11  Views : 490
posté November 24, 2014, 11:53:45 | #20

Quote (Gunnerwolfang @ 24 November 2014 09:09) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 24 November 2014 09:06) *
I'm really worried about Ankama's senseless actions on Phaeris, and their tone-deaf repeated mistakes here in the Boutique. I feel it's just a matter of time before we see more stupid, pointless horrors creep up on us and grab clumisly for our wallets. I hope I am wrong.
Well, congratulation, it only took you 4 page to realize that?
Hmm, are you normally this confrontational with people who first post to a given thread on the fourth page?

Is there some platonic ideal, some magic place in a thread to place my post? Please let me know, and I'll try to time my post to that sweet spot, next time. Until now, I've just been posting when I feel like it.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - November 24, 2014, 11:54:42.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800384  Replies : 105  Views : 2392