Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Several Fire Rogue Questions
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté September 29, 2013, 23:33:29 | #1
Several Fire Rogue Questions 1) What determines the base damage of a Fire Wall?

Does this base damage change, and if so how?

2) What components of gear and character makeup increase the damage% of a Fire Wall?

Mechanics Damage?
Trap Damage?
Bomb Damage (from class passive)?
Fire Mastery from levelling Fire spells?
Fire dmg % from equipment?
General Damage% from equipment?

3) Good kite mobs? Crows seem awesome, any other families you'd reccomend? Made Rogue to quickly farm drops for levelling professions and doing fetch quests for Hunter's Guild, but anything from Wodents on up, I could use advice for.

My thanks!

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté September 29, 2013, 23:46:16 | #2

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 29 September 2013 23:33) *
1) What determines the base damage of a Fire Wall?

Does this base damage change, and if so how?

2) What components of gear and character makeup increase the damage% of a Fire Wall?

Mechanics Damage?
Trap Damage?
Bomb Damage (from class passive)?
Fire Mastery from levelling Fire spells?
Fire dmg % from equipment?
General Damage% from equipment?

3) Good kite mobs? Crows seem awesome, any other families you'd reccomend? Made Rogue to quickly farm drops for levelling professions and doing fetch quests for Hunter's Guild, but anything from Wodents on up, I could use advice for.

My thanks!

1) The base damage of a Fire Wall is determined by your Rogue's level divided by 2 (to my knowledge). And that it does increase as you level up.

2) Mechanic/Trap Damage are basically the same thing but only effect the explosion damage.
Bomb Damage (from class passive) also only effects the explosion damage.
Fire Mastery from leveling Fire spells, Fire damage % from equipment and General damage from equipment increases the damage for both the firewall and explosion damage.

3) Basically any close combat hitting(low-mid fire resist) monsters are awesome to farm. My personal favorite was Northern Trackers at which I started around level 102~ish. They only took 2 rounds and gave me an easy million exp per fight.

posté September 29, 2013, 23:52:00 | #3
Thank you so much for the information! Very helpful and clarifies a lot for me. ILU so much.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-09-14
posté September 29, 2013, 23:59:31 | #4
1) Base dmg of firewall depends only on rogue's lvl. It doesn't matter which lvl bomb you'll use, like it was before revamp. For 100 lvl rogue firewall base dmg is 54 and is going up to 200 lvl (it's something around 104 dmg).
2) Only fire dmg of rogue (including general dmg) increase dmg of firewall... Mechanical dmg doesn't work with firewall, it's only increase dmg for detonated bombs. Lvl for fire spells doesn't increase firewall base dmg.
(Mechanical dmg and trap dmg is the same thing.)
3) Almost all mobs are nice for kiting... If you know what you're doing and how mobs are acting then all mobs like crobacs, boowolfs, borbats and ghouls, and almost all chillberg mobs are pretty easy to farm. From my experience I can tell that there is no problem for rogue to kill any mob in this game.

posté September 30, 2013, 00:06:23 | #5

Quote (Calleen @ 29 September 2013 23:59) *
1) Base dmg of firewall depends only on rogue's lvl. It doesn't matter which lvl bomb you'll use, like it was before revamp. For 100 lvl rogue firewall base dmg is 54 and is going up to 200 lvl (it's something around 104 dmg).

To my speculations, the base damage of Firewall isn't 54 anymore, I've been able to do 6X on 500% resists on my 137 fire Rogue (480ish% fire damage).

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-09-14
posté September 30, 2013, 00:13:19 | #6

Quote (Melonmochi @ 30 September 2013 00:06) *

To my speculations, the base damage of Firewall isn't 54 anymore, I've been able to do 6X on 500% resists on my 137 fire Rogue (480ish% fire damage).
For my 130 lvl fire rogue base dmg of firewall is 69 dmg right now, so even if it's not 54 dmg on 100 lvl anymore, then your lvl or rogue/2 isn't working too  

posté September 30, 2013, 00:21:22 | #7

Quote (Calleen @ 30 September 2013 00:13) *

Quote (Melonmochi @ 30 September 2013 00:06) *

For my 130 lvl fire rogue base dmg of firewall is 69 dmg right now, so even if it's not 54 dmg on 100 lvl anymore, then your lvl or rogue/2 isn't working too

I did say the rogue divided by 2 was to my knowledge XD No one really knows the formula until Ankama confirms it.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-02-15
posté September 30, 2013, 03:07:33 | #8
I think it is rogues lvl/2 +4

This post has been edited by Neato - September 30, 2013, 03:09:07.
posté October 01, 2013, 03:02:44 | #9
Now things like Borbats - don't they attract you? Ghouls can push you onto nasty tiles, how do you prevent that? (I'm assuming boombot behind you, but then wouldn't that just push boombot into sac tile?)

What about Lunar Preistesses and such that cast Moon? How would you deal with that?

Thankies!

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-02-15
posté October 01, 2013, 15:27:41 | #10
Ideally one would position the firewall and themselves such that Borbats would attract when they are standing at an edge of the firewall, or you would be within their moving range and thus eliminating the possibility of the said Borbat from attracting you in the first place.

Another alternative which I do not know works any more is using Borbat's cooldown, so to speak. Attract can only be used once per set number of turns I believe and therefore one could either wait for them to attract you or your boombot or something and then place the firewall, or sacrifice one's hp equivalent to the damage from firewall twice [once from being attracted and falling to the firewall and once more at the start of your turn before you move away]. If you go for the latter, it'd be best if you can position yourself such that the Borbat cannot reach you after attracting to prevent any more unnecessary damage.

As for these ghouls that can push, I'm assuming you mean the Ghourmands? I'm pretty sure their knockback is a single target, which means putting your boombot behind you will not push the boombot to the hazard tile.

I personally set up a firewall first turn [statted ini so I usually go before the Moon is up] and try to position myself or an ally or something to be barely within the priestess' range so the priestess would move towards me or the ally, etc. The firewall usually takes care of things before the priestess even gets in range, but if you find that is not the case, then the safer alternative I can think of is to have at least 5 mech;
Turn before Moon: Fire wall.
Next turn with the moon up: place however many bombs you can around the moon and detonate them using Remote Control and/or BoomBot.