Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

updated earth/air guid request
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-09-04
posté December 31, 2013, 02:15:53 | #1
updated earth/air guid request the current one isn't really updated and doesn't give much insight on these two branches or equips, if someone could help me out all would be appreciated.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2009-01-11
posté January 10, 2014, 11:06:24 | #2
Upon having an Earth/Air Rogue, I think I could help out. tbe

Main spells should focus around:
Longsword (6AP), Piercing Shot (5AP), Slapshot (1AP), Pulsar (1WP), Blam (4AP) AND/OR Boomerang Dagger (4AP 1MP)
Though you also should utilize Roguery in your spell kit.

Many would ask, "why not Barbecued Ribs?"

It costs 1 WP and you'd be using it every turn, meaning you wouldn't be able to use important spells more often that cost WP such as Pulsar and Boombot.

"Why Boomerang Dagger?"
Good spell to get in those hard to reach areas (as it requires no line of sight) and the crit bonus damage is amazing.

As for special abilities, you should level (in order):
Magnetic Claw:
Ally (brings ally 1 step closer to you) and enemy (pushes enemy one space away). Positioning.

Surprise Shot:
Gives a chance to deal extra damage with your gun shots.

Fusillade:

Doubles AP, but depletes MP. Can only use wielded weapons and gun shots.

Boombot:
The ability to extend earth shots.

Rogue Master:
You have the 30% (when maxxed) chance to regain an AP whenever you use 1AP. Meaning if you use the spell, Longsword, you have 6, 30% chances to gain 1AP.

Initiator:

Converts 40% (when maxxed) initiative to damage.

Bomber Fan:
Having the ability to create a firewall and get an AP when a bomb explodes. For waiting for bombs to explode, you get an extra 3AP, granting more room for flexibility in turn and overall damage.

As for gear:
TBE
Adventure Set, Gobball Set, Royal Gobball, etc..
Use Wakfu-Elements.com as a guide to see which items suite you at your current level.
Use Earth Branch until level 30 when there are hybrid sets.

This post has been edited by AugustAJS - January 10, 2014, 11:11:05.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-08-18
posté January 10, 2014, 18:05:11 | #3

Quote (AugustAJS @ 10 January 2014 11:06) *
Magnetic Claw:
Ally (brings ally 1 step closer to you) and enemy (pushes enemy one space away). Positioning.May also be used to push an enemy away one space, -2AP after pushing an enemy.

Fusillade:

Doubles AP, but depletes MP. Can only use wielded weapons and gun shots.
For the turn used doubles your AP and removes all MP. For your next turn your MP is doubled and your AP is depleted.
Rogue Master:
You have the 30% (when maxed) chance to regain an AP whenever you use 1AP from air spells that are critically cast, or 10% (when maxed) chance to regain an AP for non-critically cast air spells, per AP spent on the air spell. Meaning if you use the spell, Longsword, you have 6, 30% chances to gain 1AP.

Initiator:

Converts 30% (when maxed) initiative to damage.

Bomber Fan:
Having the ability to create a firewall and get an AP when a bomb explodes. For waiting for bombs to explode, you get an extra 3AP, granting more room for flexibility in turn and overall damage. Maxing this passive causes you to gain +1AP for every one of your bombs that detonates, immediately after it detonates. This passive also gives +2 control at max rank. Creating a bomb glyph requires at least 3 bombs. You will only gain AP from bombs that detonate. Bombs detonate as soon as their charges are depleted which can be caused by being attacked with an action which would inflict health loss (whether the action was used by you, an ally, or an enemy), Remote Control (specialty), Detonator (Boombot spell), or colliding with a wall or another bomb (Boombot uses Push to push it 2 spaces, the bomb was only 1 space away from a wall; also applies to pulling).

Why would an air-earth hybrid use the fire branch? Smoke would be more useful to an earth-air build than a fire specialty, deflecting long range damage from a mere 4 spaces away (3 spaces between you and the attacker) at the cost of 1WP and -4 range next turn when the spell is at max level.

If you want to use Bomber Fan you may as well include fire with your build. Spending 9AP to get 3AP next turn seems pointless when earth has the range to hit distant targets and air has Boomerang to hit through walls or characters blocking line of sight.

If your allies are lined up you can use Flaming Claw to grapple towards them, then Roguery to jump over their head. Neither spell has to be leveled to maximize their mobility effects.

Larva Rangers * Member Since 2011-12-23
posté January 16, 2014, 07:01:32 | #4

Quote (Kakenshu @ 10 January 2014 18:05) *

Why would an air-earth hybrid use the fire branch? Smoke would be more useful to an earth-air build than a fire specialty, deflecting long range damage from a mere 4 spaces away (3 spaces between you and the attacker) at the cost of 1WP and -4 range next turn when the spell is at max level.

If you want to use Bomber Fan you may as well include fire with your build. Spending 9AP to get 3AP next turn seems pointless when earth has the range to hit distant targets and air has Boomerang to hit through walls or characters blocking line of sight.

If your allies are lined up you can use Flaming Claw to grapple towards them, then Roguery to jump over their head. Neither spell has to be leveled to maximize their mobility effects.
3 bombs make a firewall.
Which is good for dungeons and other such things.

I'll be going earth/air eventually.
I'm sure I'll post about it when I do.

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-01-11
posté January 17, 2014, 23:01:39 | #5
What is a good level 50 earth/air set for a rogue? And should I invest characteristic points into AP and MP or into agility/strength?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-16
posté January 18, 2014, 04:43:42 | #6
AP/MP first, then it's your choice.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-01-21
posté January 25, 2014, 03:55:51 | #7
i did 1 ap then a mp then 100 ini rest crit, then at max crit i'll stat str and agi