Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Pure Air Rogue?
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-12-09
posté February 07, 2014, 20:27:33 | #1
Pure Air Rogue? With the upcoming nerfs I decided to try out a pure air rogue. I'm looking for opinions on how any high-level rogues think an air rogue would work, or if it would work at all.

I'm thinking:

Rogue Master (+init/ AP rollback)

Initiator (more damage)

Smoke (since air would need to be in melee range, I don't know if you could abuse this to try to tank or something but that might be cool if you can. Also the -range does not affect boomerang dagger so there are no downsides to using it)

Magnetic Claw (repositioning)

Bomber Fan (to throw down some bombs on turns where you may be running up to an enemy for the +3 AP in a few turns when they detonate. I feel like it would be a nice choice to do that when running up to a ranged enemy. You could run up, chuck bombs, then use smoke)

Stating a MP, max crit then agility. I feel like an extra AP for an air rogue would be a waste of points since you get so much back with rogue master. 9AP allows for some pretty neat combos and with bomber fan maxed if you have a free turn you can throw down 3 blinding bombs. And when the bombs detonate, boom, 12 AP for a turn(more with the rollback) without stating any. It would take some strategy and would not work well for some teams but I still think it might be interesting.

Anyway, any opinions/criticism will be appreciated.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2009-06-10
posté February 07, 2014, 20:47:59 | #2
Hi i was 140 main air/crit rogue with pierce simply for range, 50% crits 600% air dmg

MY problems with it, very little re positioning/ costly ie, if there is nothing to flame claw u have to boombot onto it, for a total of 5ap, which in itself is TERRIBLE for a melee class.

i.e. iop 2 ap jump for backstabs no los etc, 2 cells. there base dmg lvl 142 is 22/ap with better filler spells and they get hp passive dmg passive dmg actives

rogues TOPs if you want to be a PURE melee u are going to want to stat agi over inti, because ur in the mix with no hp passive no res passive and from ur inti passive tops ull get 100% dmg

18 dmg/ap for lvl 142 spells sure there is a chance to get ur ap back, but playing air rogue i never got it back, even though it's 30% on my 50% crits

if you are considering air rogue i might point u to air eni, or air iop

but i did hit for over 3.5k most turns on pvm shit like.. idk wabbits... so much clicking though =3

bottom line is it's possible, but considering it's other roles and the rolls of other classes ud have much more fun else where.

This post has been edited by JuStpLaiNtalENt - February 07, 2014, 20:49:28.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-12-09
posté February 07, 2014, 21:19:36 | #3

Quote (JuStpLaiNtalENt @ 07 February 2014 20:47) *
Hi i was 140 main air/crit rogue with pierce simply for range, 50% crits 600% air dmg

MY problems with it, very little re positioning/ costly ie, if there is nothing to flame claw u have to boombot onto it, for a total of 5ap, which in itself is TERRIBLE for a melee class.

i.e. iop 2 ap jump for backstabs no los etc, 2 cells. there base dmg lvl 142 is 22/ap with better filler spells and they get hp passive dmg passive dmg actives

rogues TOPs if you want to be a PURE melee u are going to want to stat agi over inti, because ur in the mix with no hp passive no res passive and from ur inti passive tops ull get 100% dmg

18 dmg/ap for lvl 142 spells sure there is a chance to get ur ap back, but playing air rogue i never got it back, even though it's 30% on my 50% crits

if you are considering air rogue i might point u to air eni, or air iop

but i did hit for over 3.5k most turns on pvm shit like.. idk wabbits... so much clicking though =3

bottom line is it's possible, but considering it's other roles and the rolls of other classes ud have much more fun else where.
I'm fine with the build being impractical as long as it is somewhat viable. i've been messing around in the reset room with my lv105 Rogue trying different air build ideas. I do have a lot of fun with the spam happy air branch and I'd like to try to give it a go anyway. If you'd be willing to share, what was your build? Anything you think I missed in mine?

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2008-06-16
posté February 17, 2014, 18:11:31 | #4
I used to have a Pure Air Rogue but respec'd to earth a few days before they nerfed how the old boombot used to affect the earth attacks.

and because of the change I'd pretty much wasted all my money/gear trading over for earth gear. and not long after I stopped playing, but I'm returning now as the game has had alot of changes.

Anyway I digress.

My Air Rogue was amazingly fun and if you crit you'd hit for about 500-600 damage with Longsword.

The way I used to play was with 7 mp and as much AP as I could manage afterwards, I focused mainly on longsword and roguery, with the movement i had plenty of map control as I could push and pull enemies for my allies while dealing alot of damage.

I maxed Initiator, Rogue Master, Magnetic Claw (this was back before it was only usable on one target once a turn) and Runaway

once they nerfed magnetic claw it stopped me PVPing but PVM was still alot of fun, I'm actually sorry I traded my air gear or I'd right now respec back into air.

TLR
Pros:
~ Awesome Movement
~ Lots of map control
~ Very slippery
~ Decent PVP and Amazing PVM

Cons:
~ You only have 1 "Big Hitter"
~ Requires alot of 'awareness' of allies abilities
~ You'll never really win a DPS race.

With the way I built my rogue at level 73 (or whenever full crow is available, my memory is lacking) I defeated a level 104 Sram (at the time 105 was the cap) with use of the magnetic claw and the awesome movement.

My main combo was Run close to enemy, Roguery to behind the enemy, Slapshot > Longsword > Roguery again

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-06-18
posté April 02, 2014, 09:58:02 | #5
I got bored to earth build and wanted to play something fun, so i respecced into air. im level 118 and this what i use:
specialitys are pretty normal, your main core ones are rogue mastery, initiator and magnetic claw. Rest are kinda meh, but u can do funny things with boombot even when u r air.

my skill levels are 31-35 for earth and fire. Air rogue is funny class cos u use almost every spell u have in air branch, so i have roguery at +80(because of low dmg scaling) and rest +-100 (ofc LS is highest one)
my stats go 1 ap, full crit and rest ini.
I think 1ap for is regular thing for every class, i have tried the 2 ap ( going into 12 ap build) but its not really worth it since you get so many ap back with rogue master.
secondly i got full crit, cos air rogue dmg is very crit reliant. for example, if bumerang crits it get extra dmg AND will most of the time give u ap back. I my full crit rate is 44 atm and i think its still a bit low.
Rest ini, well im rogue.

For EQ i focus on getting Air dmg, crit, dodge, Crit modifier and backstab dmg, also getting 5-6mp is very important cos of the high use of roguery. I use angora bow meow as pet.

For the final thing, Air rogue is best booty slapper in this game.
Sorry for my bad english, i hope this helped.

This post has been edited by Pilz-e - April 02, 2014, 10:02:01.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté April 03, 2014, 05:14:32 | #6
Earth/air rogues are amazing. But pure air is just stupid, a lot of dungeons position you basically on the other side of the map from the enemies, that's pretty much auto waste your first turn.

And for any kind of high lvl content rushing to melee distance into enemy territory can easily get you killed. Being able to range attack is incredibly valuable.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-06-18
posté April 03, 2014, 11:27:43 | #7
Well that depends on level and what playstyle do u prefer. Going multi element is not prefered untill you get into end game.

I enjoy playing air rogue so much- It doesnt matter if im not as effective as fire or earth, only because i enjoy playing air build so much. its stupid to go mono element in high end game, but untill im not there i will enjoy air build.