Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Claxton's profile
Statistics
10 Posts (0.03 per day)
Most active in : Log Book
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #1
Despite the fact that it is essentially a 1:1 knockoff of Neverwinter's crafting system, it actually seems a big step up from the mind-numbing melancholy that is crafting in Wakfu. It just seems strange to scrap the entire crafting system and start from scratch for a game that was supposed to be, in a big way, about crafting. The lack of any system-generated currency was meant to enforce/encourage a healthy game economy, but did it? At the end of the day, crafting was boring, and offered fairly lackluster rewards. The rewards have gotten better, money now grows on tree's, but the drop rates for rare materials are still abysmal and the process of harvesting/crafting is uninvolved and repetitive to the extreme.

If this is the sum total of the proposed changes to crafting, it will be at best, slightly less tedious, and not really any more rewarding than it currently is. The crafting system, even after the proposed modifications, lacks any need to distinguish "talented" craftsmen from less prestigious ones. If say, craftsman A and craftsman B each have the recipe to make a piece of armor, what would distinguish the two sets, and thus, the two craftsman? Nothing. Each piece of armor would be the exact same as the last one made, with no variation to stats or aesthetics. "Interaction, Speed, Price" are fairly weak differentiating factors for various craftsman.

All craftsman will try as best as possible to be amiable, have competitive prices, and to get things done as quickly as possible. Even among the top 20, say, craftsman, your going to find very very little differentiation in the way they do business, and no variation in the things they produce.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #667849  Replies : 85  Views : 5341
posté January 28, 2014, 20:45:16 | #2
if the crippling memory leak issues are still in-game as of this patch, I might as well uninstall. These days, every time I get the urge to sit down and put a few hours into wakfu, I almost immediately get a foul taste in my mouth, and I'm reminded of the memory leaks that will cripple my client maximum of 10 minutes after I log in. I know of no other game company that would leave such a game-ruining flaw in their client for such an extended period of time.

I want to like Wakfu, I really do, but you guys make it really hard sometimes.

Thread : News  Preview message : #671107  Replies : 79  Views : 4953
posté January 22, 2014, 13:57:22 | #3
I Came back after winter holiday and noticed performance drops/memory leak issues every 10-15 minutes, and thought something was wrong with my system. I noticed I hadn't updated my Jawascript, so I figured it had to be that. After that did nothing, I had to come here and see if this was a persistent problem among the playerbase. Good to see that this is at least something they are aware of.

I hope.

P.S. maybe the next game will be coded properly (sans jawascript/flash).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #667871  Replies : 45  Views : 2190
posté December 25, 2013, 00:35:55 | #4
Merry Kwismas to All, and to all a good night

Thread : News  Preview message : #656195  Replies : 42  Views : 2314
posté December 21, 2013, 01:55:10 | #5
I voted #16, because it's also a skeleton head wearing an afro, smoking a cigarette, with two suspiciously placed ornaments on the bottom. Whoever worked on this tree deserves that prize.

Thread : News  Preview message : #654695  Replies : 19  Views : 1397
posté December 14, 2013, 03:46:29 | #6
This update is what brought me back to Wakfu, to be honest. Multimen are pretty awesome, although the implementation is quite cumbersome. Challenges seem like a good idea if they didn't factor quite so heavily into xp/loot gain, but since they have balanced WIS/PP gain around these challenges, I think the system suffers. I don't like feeling penalized for not completing an optional challenge, it's not very fun. The new xp system confused the hell out of me for a while, until I read the blog post like 5 times and perused the forums for expert knowledge. I don't think any experience system should be that convoluted and complex.

Think about this from a new players perspective. They're going to be bopping along leveling up having a blast, until suddenly, for reasons unknown to him, his experience plummets. To this new player, there is really no logic to how much experience he gains, other than monsters near his level are pretty much the only things worth fighting.

Here's a much simpler solution, normalize monster expierence, and lower the amount of time it takes to reach maximum level by a significant amount. Booyakasha

As for challenges, Make it a cumulative deal, not all or nothing. For example, if you get the "kill with ranged" challenge, you should get a certain amount of WIS/PP for each enemy you kill in such a manner. Make it a certain % of the total WIS/PP bonus available based on the number of non-summoned creatures in play.

This post has been edited by Claxton - December 14, 2013, 07:04:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651959  Replies : 52  Views : 2192
posté December 04, 2013, 09:41:28 | #7

Quote (Troyle @ 04 December 2013 09:35) *
Due to issues presented with the late announcement and time difference for some of you, we now decided to offer the final gifts to all those who will have opened 23 bags at the end of the event.

Note that the timezone of the homepage in still set in French time. Therefore, keep in mind that if you want to open a bag for the current day, you'll have to do it before 11 PM GMT / 6 PM EST / 3 PM PST.
Awesome. Thank you Troyle & the development team, and happy holiday's.

Thread : News  Preview message : #646009  Replies : 71  Views : 3261
posté December 03, 2013, 12:56:01 | #8

Quote (Troyle @ 03 December 2013 09:18) *
Hi there,

I got confirmation that the reward of the first day will be given out to everyone. This reward is a Multiman forum avatar gallery.

Regarding the final reward, it will be granted to everyone who opened 24 bags, and not 25, thus not penalizing those that missed the first day.

Note that the websites are set on French time (GMT +1), which means that the dates change at 11 PM GMT / 6 PM EST / 3 PM PST.
So any word on whether or not we will get the second day?

Thread : News  Preview message : #645511  Replies : 71  Views : 3261
posté December 03, 2013, 01:22:35 | #9
I tried accessing the calender when it first appeared in the launcher on November 30. I tried it again from the wakfu homepage posting and from the launcher yesterday, the first. Now I have the same problem as Tilia. It's currently 5:18 pm on the second day of kwismas, Colorado time, but It's telling me I can only access the present for the 3rd. Cool promotion, but I'll just be bummed that I can't get that penultimate suprise, even though I tried my darnedest.

If the Grace period could be extended to the 2nd as well, I think many of us would be quite gracious.

This post has been edited by Claxton - December 03, 2013, 01:28:53.
Thread : News  Preview message : #645283  Replies : 71  Views : 3261