Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

lyricalglitch...'s profile
Statistics
264 Posts (0.46 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 21:36:09 | #1
But be prepared to file for retirement in the meantime though, Ankama is a bit slow to respond

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #792007  Replies : 5  Views : 88
posté Yesterday - 21:15:56 | #2
Bellaphones though would be awesome to play though, provided you can clone things of course, since thats the main thing they are known for

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #792002  Replies : 34  Views : 408
posté Yesterday - 21:09:49 | #3
And the pvp system in Wakfu need a LOT of work. Most games have a much better set up than we do, at the VERY least as long as wings are up by all members of a fight, there should be no restrictions on pvp. But if one of the members does not have wings up and the attacker does, there should be a penalty of some sort. Also in a pvp fight if you are the lower lvld player you should not lose merit when you lose the fight. Wakfu's pvp system needs so much work its ridiculous. Most games with a good pvp system, there IS a penalty unless both parties had thier pvp flags up, or there just was a penalty for excessive killing, you can say all you want carebear this and that, but when the pvp set up is so flawed as it is here, its NOT real pvp its lets slaughter the lower lvls just because we can, it doesnt matter that ppl just respawn once dead, if there is no VAILD competition in a pvp fight....thats not REAL pvp. and frankly there is no fun in a very unmatched pvp match, aside from the bullying factor...to the few that, that appeals to.

This post has been edited by lyricalglitchen - October 31, 2014, 21:27:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791997  Replies : 53  Views : 1203
posté Yesterday - 09:34:55 | #4
Knew somone who got attacked becasue they posted Osa powder at a lower price than someone else. At least have the reasons make some sort of sense OR be completely random....crap like that is idiotic

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791874  Replies : 53  Views : 1203
posté Yesterday - 07:48:26 | #5
Like most HW things i think of them as...eventual.....things, that in the long run ppl will add, at some point. But right now no.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791856  Replies : 6  Views : 222
posté Yesterday - 04:45:30 | #6
Incentive to buy the board, and keep it balanced with the other markets

This post has been edited by lyricalglitchen - October 31, 2014, 04:45:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791837  Replies : 6  Views : 222
posté Yesterday - 01:23:50 | #7
Minimally something along the lines of...you can only attack when wings are up and only attack others who also have wings up, to not have a penalty for attacking, and if no wings up attacks = penalty , prison time, with how long going up depending on how often. Also when you are the lower lvld member and you did not start the fight, you should not be penalised when you lose. Plus right now the lvl range that count for orbs for pvp is way too large, AND the time limit on having your wings up is ridiculously long, id be happy with something like an hour lock so more ppl are willing to put them up in the first place

This post has been edited by lyricalglitchen - October 31, 2014, 01:30:23.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791802  Replies : 53  Views : 1203
posté October 30, 2014, 00:57:10 | #8
The pvp system needs work...no doubt about that. But its always been an open pk game Asfor the the Mea Culpa , do something else while its running, go to your Haven World or Haven bag, or in Nation where there are Guards if you want to go that route, but i do agree trying to friend them may be the best option, getting backup of whatever sort, tends to almost always backfire

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791572  Replies : 53  Views : 1203
posté October 29, 2014, 21:28:40 | #9
It is an open ended game but it is an open pvp game as well, always has been, however this does sound as in hey he objects lets kill him MORE, if its in nation tell a guard is about all i can suggest, and Epitaph will not care if there is no merit for killing or not they did this long before there ever was any

And the reason for the lower playerbase, is slowly released content, bad customer service, and many ppl dont like turn based games, amongst other reasons.....

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791537  Replies : 53  Views : 1203
posté October 29, 2014, 21:09:21 | #10
If your wings are not up then yes there is a reason to be mad. But it is still and open pvp game, like i said it depends more on HOW they are doing it, if there is yelling, taunting, belittling, or just simply attacking. While i prefer there to be a reason for pking, as long as its not done in a nasty manner i see no major issue with it, And as for Epitaph, its a free for all guild, no rules concerning pking, so there will be no way to reason with thier leader concernign it unless you are personal friends or something maybe dunno

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791533  Replies : 53  Views : 1203
posté October 29, 2014, 20:40:14 | #11
The most relevant ? is do you have your wings up? if so then it comes with the territory, mind you Pvp does need a lot of balancing at the present time but it still is what it is. As for Epitaph, telling them to stop simply wont work, its thier bread and butter so to speak, well that and sarcasm, but this depends more on HOW they ar doing it if they are taunting and belittling or simply killing to get orbs from pvp

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791527  Replies : 53  Views : 1203
posté October 29, 2014, 04:00:17 | #12
Yeah looked it up Spirtual Successor to Ragnarok...which probably translates to, in the spirit of and style of trying to stay in the memory of but not offically by the same ppl

This post has been edited by lyricalglitchen - October 29, 2014, 04:00:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791319  Replies : 50  Views : 730
posté October 29, 2014, 03:02:07 | #13
Any game ive ever played you tend to get the same thing the hard core ppl eat up any content nomatter how fast it is put out then quit or just get rly bored until there is new stuff. Thats not to say that Wakfu is fast on adding new things.....hardly....but even if they were fast on it the same group that does the above would do it and tire of it fast. Nonetheless they need to fill out content for all lvls...expand time wasting stuff, ok a lot of ppl hate Trool Fair, but all the same if it had content added preiodically ppl would go as a break from grinding. Anything that adds more things to do and a variety of things to do would be welcomed.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791308  Replies : 50  Views : 730
posté October 29, 2014, 02:49:44 | #14
People are trying to be constructive, but for whatever reason get met with..."NO there has to be some other way i dont want to grind....theres got to be something else" Theres only so many ways to get xp, but to get back to the topic, how about our favorite places to lvl for each lvl range?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791304  Replies : 45  Views : 846
posté October 29, 2014, 01:21:46 | #15
Sorry but the way this reads is....i do not like how grinding / repetitive tasks that lead to xp is set up in this game and i want a loophole to get around it. However what as asked was how does one effectively solo in Wakfu. People gave you suggestions, get multimen, possibly dual account, join active guilds, do environmental quests for xp, and do quest lines, that kinda covers it. And yet you werent pleased with any of that. There is no loophole, all games have grind, and MMO's are set up for groups not solo, if they were set up for solo....it would not be called an MMO, so one needs to work around that, in Wakfu's case the easiest route is multimen and fighting small groups of monsters. Does grind suck....yes....no denying it, but it cant be simply skipped. What i do when i get tired of grind...well weve got a ton of classes, or i do crafting....so guess what...time to switch what i play, nothing wrong with that, due to doing that however my main lvls slow, do i honestly care?...nope....id rather enjoy the game and have variety when i get tired of the same mechanics, than worry about keeping up with ppl. But thats me, for many getting to max lvl and staying there is thier main goal, to each thier own

And for that lvl range and rly anything 100+ i do a lot of area quests to lvl, as well as picking an area where monsters give good xp.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791288  Replies : 45  Views : 846
posté October 28, 2014, 21:20:17 | #16
Im really not sure what he was expecting tbh, some way to get to max lvl with no grind?....there is always some sort of grind, be it fighting or gathering matts to make items, all that stuff is repetitive, and its that way in any game ive played. This is partly because its time filler and party because they need mechanics in place for something to do inbetween quests, i cant recall a game where...there is no form of grind, and only quests, if there was ppl would be bored with it fast as there would be nothing to do inbetween content

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791226  Replies : 45  Views : 846
posté October 28, 2014, 20:58:26 | #17
And the only one getting aggressive is you, Dark were not forcing our opinions on you but we are stating them. Would it be nice if there was less grind....of course, but this does not change the fact that grind is in every MMO and for that matter in most games as a whole. Any way to solo easier in a MMO either requires a fake group...i.e. just you, or partying with ppl, they are made for group play so therefore there is no easy way to solo, you need to find a way to solo in a game not meant for solo play. When it comes to Wakfu that is yourself and multimen. Even if they added more quests to lvl there would still be grind inbetween. Now dont get me wrong its not always fun, and finding a party is difficult at times, BUT MMO's are meant for groups, so theres not a whole lot that can be done about it, aside from making freinds, using MM's and joining guilds, and when the group finder is added that will help a lot as well.Yelling at ppl when they are saying the ways to solo that are available...i mean....what you didint want ppl to suggest stuff? if you just wanted to complain and didnt want any suggestions, and we didint say you had to use our suggestions....then why make a post at all? and for that matter its becoming obvious as to why you might be having issues when you do feel like grouping with others

This post has been edited by lyricalglitchen - October 28, 2014, 20:58:48.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791210  Replies : 45  Views : 846
posté October 28, 2014, 20:08:40 | #18
My point was its a MMO not a single player game, therefore they are made for groups and do not cater to solo play, its just the way it is. And in this instance grind = repetitive task. I am not saying you want to never party, i am saying in a game made for group play there will not be a simple route for solo play., the simplest route here is 2 accounts and MM's. Whjats being said is ...like saying i want to group with ppl but im playing a single player game...this sucks....um...then dont play a single player game....

Edit: and yes a party finder would be a great help...hopefully they add it

This post has been edited by lyricalglitchen - October 28, 2014, 20:11:03.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791192  Replies : 45  Views : 846
posté October 28, 2014, 20:02:37 | #19
Ok ti sounds like they will redo it and most likely everyone will get a restat then. That being said Ankama is usually late on things...well more often than not, and theyve never given a set date, its more of a...were going to do A,B, and C...this year and thats about all the info we get, at least until its actually ready to be added.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791189  Replies : 4  Views : 417
posté October 28, 2014, 19:52:20 | #20
I cant recall a game either that was purely Quest Driven, even if it was a non combat game, which yes those exist, but then you had to grind to collect matts for crafts...there is almost always some sort of repetitive task to gain xp and lvls, and to take up time. And as for soloing its an MMO you can do it, in the ways suggested, but MMO's are desined for group play they are games developed around the concept of comunity. Also its far easier to lvl now than it was, kill small groups to lvl with multimen is probably the best way to go IMO. Sandbox and open-ended games in particular have more things considered grinding in them due to those type of games not guiding you through them every step of the way, its more of a choose to do whatever you want concept, and id say Wakfu falls into this category. If you dont like having to rely on a party sorry to say but thats what MMO's are about so there will not be any defined and easy way to lvl without a party they simply arent made that way.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791186  Replies : 45  Views : 846