Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Raphael-Raven's profile
Statistics
29 Posts (0.01 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 30, 2013, 12:18:10 | #1
Last minute fixes or some other thing happened on their side to delay the patch. I'd rather have to wait 4 more hours than things breaking all the time, having to rollback etc. Some would argue that bugs always happen anyways but thats the nature of patching software. Every update brings more bugs, the wait is there to minimise the number.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #581943  Replies : 130  Views : 3407
posté July 30, 2013, 03:06:17 | #2

Quote (AlejandroVent @ 30 July 2013 02:14) *
Oh! So let me see if I got it right this time:

On Tick, you cast Temporal Focus on an ally

On that same tick (since Temporal Focus ends when the Xelor's turn end) I cast Xelor Sandglass on an enemy which receives damage but maintains it's ap BUT my ally might get one ap, same if I cast Clock on an enemy, it'll receive damage but maintain it's ap and my ally might get one ap...

Right?

Yep that's exactly right.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #581607  Replies : 165  Views : 8967
posté July 29, 2013, 17:23:38 | #3

Quote (AlejandroVent @ 29 July 2013 16:00) *
Not quite, quoting Troyle:

Xelor Sandglass can either give an AP (tick) or remove an AP (tock), not both. On a tock turn, it can remove an AP to the targeted enemy, this AP is lost and not transferred to anyone.

Also, it seems Xelor Sandglass needs to be cast on the ally

If you use if on a tick turn, it can give an AP to the ally under "temporal focus" (additionally to the AP this ally may have received when you cast Temporal Control).

So I still have the doubt on which spells can be used on another target and will give an AP to my Temporal Focus-ed ally.

No no you understood him wrong:

the whole point of Temporal Focus is to allow you to chose which ally will receive an AP, without having to actually target him with your spells (except Temporal Control).
temporal focus is a magnet for AP's when your spells give them. So you can cast hourglass on an enemy and if the spell would give an AP, it will go to the temporal focused ally.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #581329  Replies : 165  Views : 8967
posté July 12, 2013, 12:08:07 | #4
it would be cool if they added a guild teleport, like the one for the temple of scriptures, which is unlocked trough investing guildpoints or a guild potion recipe for herbalist...

Thread : Haven Worlds  Preview message : #573099  Replies : 7  Views : 683
posté July 11, 2013, 13:25:59 | #5

This change will apply to the entire game, but Xelors might be the ones most affected by it. All AP losses will now generate Hyperaction. In other words, each time you inflict an AP loss to your opponent, he will receive a level of resistance to further AP loss. The resistance will decrease at the beginning of each players turn.

I'd like to have this clarified. So now Hyperaction is lost at the beginning of each players turn; Does this mean for example a fight with 1 enemy: i cast sandglass 2 times on a tofu an he loses 2 ap and gains 20 levels of hyperaction. His turn begins and loses 10 levels leaving him with 10 levels of hyperaction. Now it is my turn again and since hypeaction is lost an the beginning of EACH players turn the tofu loses another 10 levels, removing hyperaction completely.
Or is it like now when he loses hyperaction only at the beginning of his turn?

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #572631  Replies : 165  Views : 8967
posté July 11, 2013, 04:00:31 | #6
The dial change looks okay, the dial destruction on the end of turn is a huge buff...we'll see about the removal of the % damages though. It looks like we'll have a lot of AP to play with and we still get % buff trough multi element spell usage for which you don't have to stand on a dial at all.

for water/air

on tick
you'd be able to gain a lot of ap for yourself(if solo) or for another player trough slowdown.
ideally clock can give you 5 ap so you can use it 3-5 times per turn(10 base ap) if you use devotion(depending how many times can you use it /turn).

on tock you get all that used AP on tick so you can go all out and destroy AP on multiple targets, place them where you want them, or escape on the other side od the map

and on the next turn if Rollback procs again you're on a roll i guess that's why we are seeing limits per target and damage reductions... I'm just unsure if rollback will give ALL the spent ap back or it will be restricted by accelerator(but since it is a passive i guess it will not add accelerator)

This post has been edited by Raphael-Raven - July 11, 2013, 04:01:00.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #572467  Replies : 165  Views : 8967
posté June 29, 2013, 20:59:13 | #7
About the newly introduced cap of players in a guild, i found that it is very quickly reached by medium-large guilds, especially if the players are allowed to have alts(adiitional characters they play) in the guild. It is unreasonable to say that all alts should not be in the guild or make a separate one for them, since the community and bonuses of having the same guild is important.

What i propose is that the guild list is treated as the friends list, where only one character is represented on the guild list, and when the player logs in with his alt, it is noted that he is playing with a different character and has the same permission/bonuses as when playing with his main.This makes the guild player list much neater and easier to look at. There will be more space for actual players to be in the guild and will make for easier grouping.

The problem that arises with this feature is that one player is forced to be in the same guild across all characters. If the players want to, they can choose on the alts, that they should not represent for the guild. This way they are free to join or create another guild.
In a similar way alts already in a guild can't represent in another guild without leaving the current one.

ex. let's take a player account with 5 created characters, one of which is currently in a guild:
  • [Main Guy: in guild Awesome; alts: Remi, Nox, Hugo, Max ]

Main Guy is in guild Awesome and all the other characters on the account can represent his guild since they are not in any guild themselves.

Nox wants to create his guild so he no loger represents guild awesome. He creates the guild LifeForce:

• [Main Guy: in guild Awesome; alts: Remi, Hugo, Max]
  • [Nox: in guild LifeForce; alts: 0]

Now we want Hugo to represent LifeForce, so we simply change which guild they represent.
  • [Main Guy: in guild Awesome; alts: Remi, Max]
  • [Nox: in guild LifeForce; alts: Hugo]

or we can have each character be in their own guild:
  • [Main Guy: in guild Awesome; alts:0]
  • [Nox: in guild LifeForce; alts: 0]
  • [Remi: in guild of Calamitous Intent; alts: 0]
  • [Hugo: in guild Witch hunters; alts: 0]
  • [Max: in guild Private Eyes; alts: 0]

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #567259  Replies : 28  Views : 1613
posté June 29, 2013, 15:48:02 | #8

Quote (IYesWayI @ 29 June 2013 13:54) *
Yeah but has anyone even been as far as to even want to do more like be as?
Let's not get carried away.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #567161  Replies : 5  Views : 399
posté March 15, 2013, 22:50:55 | #9

Quote (Maramax @ 15 March 2013 22:05) *
I'm not sure if i understand the kickstarter website, is the 50k$ already reached ?

You can keep pledging even if the goal is reached. After a stretch goal is reached they add new ones until the time is up. Current one is Eva figure for pledges worth 100$ and up when they reach 100000$. Also they charge money on 1st of May so it's still time to decide or change pledges.

Thread : News  Preview message : #504237  Replies : 35  Views : 2845
posté March 04, 2013, 22:46:44 | #10

Quote (BbeforeA @ 04 March 2013 05:31) *
I can imagine a higher level masq with 9ap, 6-7mp, 30% CH+, 200dodge, decent 70%+ res all and 250-400% damage on all 3 elements doing well in pvm and causing a lot of trouble in pvp.
Also raising dance of death for +10-12 spell lvs will let you get a nice damage boost because you can spread your spells more.

Dance of Death only gives +7 to spell levels now at max level instead of +12. Would it still be worth investing points into?

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #493793  Replies : 90  Views : 6074
posté March 02, 2013, 17:28:03 | #11
Why not instead of healing, water masks apply a shield around target ally that would decrease X% of incoming damage? That way you don't need to heal and increase that heal resistance if you want to support. Maybe make the shields have charges and each time you dodge it adds charges to the shields currently in play(that you have set). This way you have to juggle a bit whether to stay back or go in dodge for a bit, trying to keep shields up.

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #491273  Replies : 90  Views : 6074
posté January 18, 2013, 15:33:01 | #12
I agree f2p could be done better. At least allow interaction in The Village, gaining access to Three Pistes and Piwi. They could also implement Astrubian workbenches that don't require a profession to use and utilize mats available in Astrub to craft some low level gear/items.

Exchange is tricky because of Kamas. You don't want f2p using kamas because the Chinese bot army will jump on this instantly with chat bots selling the kamas they farmed. And you can't only enable item trading while kama trading is disabled. it would create a great confusion UI wise. If the only use for trading would be accessing dungeons with a group then why not use a system that puts a player in your group on your "tab"? You select a player to be on your tab from the group list, everyone is able to see that the player is now on your tab, and when the player enters a dungeon it simply uses a key from your inventory. A similar system exists in spiral knights for those who want to check it out.

It is good to have a strong f2p base but it must be done carefully to not enable kama vending.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #240753  Replies : 94  Views : 10305
posté January 07, 2013, 13:04:53 | #13
I have the opposite problem. Even when i have completed the quest it pops up again after some time. Now i just keep it in my quests and not monitoring to avoid that they pop up again.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #238585  Replies : 3  Views : 641
posté October 13, 2012, 22:06:58 | #14

Quote (Jurambalco @ 13 October 2012 16:09) *
Bof, the ankama should resolve the tax problem by appliyng them after an object is sold and not before.
Just like IRL.

Aniway, a reduction of % will do nothing. The majority of the object are sell at 1 kama (0 tax) disrupting the economy for all the players below lvl 70 but this as nothing to do with the taxes, otherwise the equipement will be sell at 13 kama (always 0 kama for tax), not at 1.

+∞

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #219081  Replies : 15  Views : 1429
posté October 12, 2012, 00:35:42 | #15
wow these items are exiting. I was carrying all those books on me, now i finally have a place for them.

Thread : News  Preview message : #218591  Replies : 9  Views : 1461
posté October 04, 2012, 08:35:45 | #16

Quote (Nyolotte @ 03 October 2012 21:30) *

Quote (diablicaaaa @ 03 October 2012 21:02) *
Stupid idea. Now players who did something bad can change their names and continue doing it and no one will know who they are.

Although I understand your point, there are also other reasons for players wanting to change their names. Most important of these is probably the issue of old players selling their accounts, in which case buyers would be stuck with old names & reputation. And of course, there's also some instances in which a person/character has a miserable reputation without having done "something bad" and just wants to start anew. Or, even if it might be a tad unlikely, I suppose it would be possible to get tired of your char name, too.

Anyway, I'm just happy they're making these changes! It might mean that they will implement that awesome option to change hair & cloth color in the near future. Yay!

I'm pretty sure buying or selling accounts is against the TOS so i'm positive that it's not the most important reason to have a renaming service. Changing your main to another class is another reason, when someone wants to have a specific name on his main.

Thread : News  Preview message : #217041  Replies : 22  Views : 2989
posté October 04, 2012, 07:31:12 | #17

Quote (Nynpha @ 03 October 2012 15:23) *

Quote (Spazturtle @ 03 October 2012 15:01) *
then you need to play 360 days for the first year. Also there are 372 quests a year.
1 year = 365 days or 366 if febrary got 29 days
how can you get 372 quest in 1 year???
its a miracle XD or a bug
He's clearly a xelor.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #217031  Replies : 19  Views : 1317