No flash

EdwardFawks's profile
Statistics
54 Posts (0.04 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté November 30, 2013, 14:26:15 | #1

Quote (mapleshifter @ 30 November 2013 13:43) *

Quote (JustD87 @ 27 November 2013 23:03) *
You mean you can't figure out combos made up of 1,3,4,5 and 6 that will make up however much AP you have?

That's a shame, I wish I could help you...
if you couldn't why comment ? man you're ignorant to the bone
I suppose you should read up on sarcasm.  

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #644019  Replies : 6  Views : 1226
posté November 28, 2013, 15:38:52 | #2

Quote (Bloody1985 @ 26 November 2013 19:49) *
Joined around start of October - Best thing I did since I started playing Wakfu!
Sounds great, and I would love to join, too. Unfortunately I still have not been able to get into contact with somebody who could invite me. :/

This post has been edited by EdwardFawks - November 28, 2013, 15:41:26.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #642899  Replies : 160  Views : 10831
posté November 27, 2013, 19:23:15 | #3
Some questions about gobgob So last time I played Osa was shortly after release when the gobgob still had its own hp and so on.
I have just tested the (new to me) gobgob, and it's kinda interesting. Still I was wondering about some stuff. Apparently the gobgob doesn't have its own hp, instead when it's getting hit, the damage is transferred to the osa. So here are my questions:

1) Is the damage reduced in any way?
2) Can you receive double damage if you and the gobgob are in the same AoE?
3) Can the gobgob lock mobs?

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #642423  Replies : 1  Views : 376
posté November 25, 2013, 20:30:59 | #4

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 25 November 2013 20:22) *
Water is arguably the best branch of the class with air being second best and fire being the worst.

Also masks give you effects when wearing them they don't simply just unlock spells. Classic gives you AP on crits and increases allies damages, Fire increases your damage while lowering your resist, and water gives you heals and + mp when dodging.

o:
Yeah I know that. I just don't like it that I am forced to equip either one to unlock the spells. I want to be able to use the spells without having to equip the masks. Wearing the masks should be a bonus, not a constraint.

Also do you want to elaborate why water is the best branch? So far it seemed to be rather dull. Probably it's just not fitting my playstyle.

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #641031  Replies : 23  Views : 2371
posté November 25, 2013, 20:16:17 | #5
I've just recently started playing Masqueraider but I must say I really am amazed by this class. I really really love the air branch, feels good to punch the mobs in their faces and knocking them up and down the map. The fire branch is also neat, nice aoe and a bit of mobility.
What I don't get though is the water branch. Sure you can heal and switch places with your allies, but overall this branch seems dull compared to air and fire. Perhaps there's something I am not seeing yet, who knows.

What I also don't like is having to equip masks to use the last three spells of each element. Seems like a bit of a drawback. Maybe that could be improved by giving a one-time effect upon equipping a mask.

But other than that masqueraiders seem to be really awesome.

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #641023  Replies : 23  Views : 2371
posté November 24, 2013, 23:27:36 | #6
What classes are good in terms of mobility and map control? I have already tried air masqueraider and he seemed great, though the fact that you have to use a certain mask to be able to use the last 3 skills of each element kind of fucks it up for me.

Oh and sorry for capturing your thread.  

Thread : General  Preview message : #640399  Replies : 13  Views : 1929
posté November 24, 2013, 03:20:26 | #7
Hey guys,
I have just recently started playing again and am looking for some nice people to enjoy the game with. Would be great if someone could shoot me an invite.

IGN: Flying Fox

This post has been edited by EdwardFawks - November 28, 2013, 15:08:01.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #640093  Replies : 160  Views : 10831
posté May 09, 2012, 16:48:11 | #8
Global revamp of spell experience system? Honestly? After 4 years of beta you decide, hm, system is crap. Let's knock it on the head.

Ahahahaha. Bullshit.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #182549  Replies : 149  Views : 15451
posté May 04, 2012, 14:18:16 | #9
Pulsar tactic sounds lame to be honest. One shot costs 2WP (shot+hotwire) and requires you to not spend WP on anything else. If you do, you cripple your own damage. Not worth it imo.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #179925  Replies : 26  Views : 3150
posté May 03, 2012, 16:53:47 | #10
The Boombot has a bug btw.

Once you deploy him he consumes 1 mechanics. But if you lay bombs first which consume all your mechanics you can still deploy the boombot, even with 0 mechanics. Figured that out by accident when I got my second mechanics point yesterday.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #179391  Replies : 26  Views : 3150
posté April 13, 2012, 20:09:57 | #11

Quote (ShinWikiweru @ 13 April 2012 20:03) *
Legit question: If someone told you "This bridge is very likely to fall apart when you drive across it, which will likely result in you falling to your death." -Would you still try to cross it?
Because trying to connect to a server is equivalent to falling off a bridge and dying. Suuuuuure.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #169973  Replies : 135  Views : 6908
posté April 11, 2012, 13:40:45 | #12
The link of crackler punch is totally bugged if your summon has a knockback ability.

Once your summon gets linked and knocks the enemy back, you will experience the following effects:

NPC turns speed up, damage is done before movement is completed
NPC movement is too quick / teleports
Your pet and the linked NPC swap places and teleport like hell

It's fun to watch but buggy as hell. Get yourself a blibli and see for yourself.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #168523  Replies : 5  Views : 815
posté April 10, 2012, 20:38:36 | #13
Actually I am level 70 and doing quite fine. I am also quite active in PvP.
I never said that I am using Crackler Punch and Whip at the same time, please read more careful. I just wanted to point out that I am more flexible. Too many allies in the AoE of Crackler Punch? No problem, just whip the enemy. Many enemies together? Drop that rock on their heads.

And like I said, the effective range of Crackler Punch is 6 considering the AoE. Of course you will not be able to use it all the time, simply because you might hit allies. But then again, whip doubles the summon damage on all levels. So I'm just wondering why would you go air? You are limiting yourself to using whip only, while there are so many more options.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #168205  Replies : 64  Views : 5043
posté April 10, 2012, 18:51:31 | #14

Quote (JaSkaR @ 06 April 2012 17:51) *
Well, I play as air-osa for 72 levels now, and it's obvious what you have written ;D

What air osa has to offer is safety of the summoner while hitting your enemy and with good dmg.

In short:

Fire osa - medium range, croos AoE in 4 spells, needs LoS

Earth osa - short-medium range, single or good AoE [PoC], needs LoS

Air osa - medium-long range, single target [last spell is stupid if u r not dragon osa], but.. NO LINE OF SIGHT in two most usefull spells - scaraleaf with great cost of 2 MP, and crow with grater range than scara.

Right now, I deal with my summon 250-350dmg [back dmg, whip] + 50-55dmg from whip + 20-25dmg from crow + 30-35 dmg from scara x 3 [6 MP feels wonderful].

To be honest I find going pure air quite limiting. Let's take a look at the numbers so I can tell you what I mean. Let's assume a 7AP 6MP build like the damage combo you mentioned. No other points spent, so we go by the pure damage numbers of the skills at Level 100. I will also refer to any damage done by the pet simply as "Pet Damage".

Full Air:
Whip: 35, Crobak: 22, Scaraleaf: 28 (+ 2x on other targets), 2x Pet Damage
Sums up to a total of 85 Damage done by you.

Full Earth:
Crackler Punch: 60, Gurgling: 16, Scaraleaf: 28 (+ 1x on other targets, Crackler Punch consumes 1MP), 1x Pet Damage
Sums up to a total of 104 Damage don by you.

Now at first glance the damage difference is not that great, earth is even inferior when you consider the pet damage.

But now consider this: Crackler Punch has got a huge area of effect. And when I say huge, I mean gigantic. It can possibly hit up to 13 targets at the same time. In reality this will probably never happen. But it's nice to know.
Then again hitting 2-3+ enemies happens quite often. And hitting so many enemies outshines the doubled damage of the summon.

Now to get back to the flexibility, as earth osa I can choose if I either use Crackler Punch or Whip, depending on the situation. A full air osa must use his whip, no matter what. In fact he is quite useless if his summon does not manage to get in range.
Now you might say that it is not that bad because air has got superior range, wrong. All air skills cap at 5 range, whereas Crackler Punch has got a base range of 4 plus 2 squares in each direction, maxing out at 6 range in total.
The only advantage air has got over earth is that some skills do not require a line of sight.

More utility aspects: Earth by itself is usually a more defensive element. Just think of the tree or boowish set and the resistances. Meaning if your pet is not close to you, you can still take quite a few hits and dish out some damage yourself. As an air osa you totally rely on your pet. If it is not in range you are vulnerable and kind of helpless.

And to finish this: I still believe that whip is going to be nerfed or put into another tree sometime soon. Even if it might not be overpowered, it is in the wrong place. The air tree has never been the summoner tree, but all of a sudden a few patches ago one skill received a pet buffing attribute which is totally out of place. I really wouldn't be too surprised if a change is already on its way.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #168127  Replies : 64  Views : 5043
posté April 04, 2012, 10:05:41 | #15

Quote (JaSkaR @ 03 April 2012 17:22) *
That IOP must have been really stupid..

Who goes for summons, when all you have to do is kill their owner ? And he killed FIVE boars without knowing that their master would be dead like "few boars ago" ? Even monsters AI is not that low.
They always go around summon to go for its master. IOP can jump to him easily, killing him instantly or on second round. Stop making god out of osa and destroying summoner's potential.
No he was not. He tried moving to me, jumping, running, everything. Actually you do not seem to grasp the capabilities of osas. What did I do? I used my bliblis to push him away. 1 Hit -> pushed away 2 squares. When he got close to the summon, there was also the chance of him getting locked.
I must admit though that I had a bit of luck, because the special squares were those which reduce movement points, and I used my blibli to push him into those.
He burnt his wakfu points away really quick trying to get close to me. He had no chance of getting close, no matter how good he played. In the end his only option was killing the bliblis. Now stop speaking ill of someone you do not know.

Quote (JaSkaR @ 03 April 2012 17:22) *
You all complain about Osa being too much dependable on summons.. oh, right, I forgot that summoner class shouldn't be depending on summons, but on atacking skills, totally not connected with summoning etc. ;P lets just take all summoning spells from osa and make another dmg/tank/heal/support class, like any other - it will be totally unique!
Actually I only complain about Whip being too strong in comparison to all the other osa skills, forcing you to go whip or lack damage. That's why whip should either be nerfed or all the other skills buffed.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #164985  Replies : 64  Views : 5043
posté April 03, 2012, 16:00:20 | #16

Quote (stoicPunch @ 03 April 2012 15:50) *
I think it would be totally fair that an osa deals less damage than a iop. I mean a big croback has something like 1000 HP, you can summon 6 of them in a single fight and they have a spell that pushes back by 2 cells, so why an osa that have all this tactical advantage should deal as much damage as a iop?

Let's give to iops 5000 HP so they'll be able to have the same durability of 6 osa's summons.
That's a pretty viable point. Wanted to post that, but forgot it.

When I was Level 41 a level 58 Iop attacked me. He managed to kill 5 aggressive bliblis, but in the end I won. So yeah, when fighting an osa you probably have to stand against an entire army, even if the army attacks one by one.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #164651  Replies : 64  Views : 5043
posté April 03, 2012, 13:35:57 | #17

Quote (Kuraibara @ 03 April 2012 13:33) *
Whip should be aimable.

You aim it to enemy = damages
You aim it to summon = 100% damage for THAT summon who you hitted with it.

That won't work simply because the element tree which works that way is earth and not air. I am wondering why they gave whip the double damage property in the first place.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #164551  Replies : 64  Views : 5043
posté April 03, 2012, 12:45:52 | #18
I feel that way but I do not do it. Full earth osa up up and away!

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #164501  Replies : 43  Views : 3480