Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Major-Caligar...'s profile
Statistics
732 Posts (1.63 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 21:47:36 | #1

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
I think it's debatable whether the Count is straightforward villanous in Wakfu, since we haven't seen him do too much apart from supporting the black wabbit revolution for (partially?) personal gain. But yep, you're right - still, nice to hear oficially that it's the case. This makes the entire thing clash with the ovas even more, even putting "Ovabourg's" idiocy aside (never 4get the new master plan which is something Darkness Knight would come up with.(also, there's more, pm me if you want to check anything specific ;v)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778683  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté Yesterday - 18:06:24 | #2
I don't think that the Demons of the Hours would even think of having kids with each other ;x Too many antagonisms among them, also bear in mind that they're not simple beasts, most of the official depictations show them as rather refined in comparision to their average shushu brethren, aaaand most of them are described as cold and calculating. Also, "interbreeding" doesn't really sound well in this context, they're sentient as far as we know.

Also, I almost forgot about a spoiler I should've shared long ago :')

Go ahead, spoil the entire thing for youself

(I hope RyF won't mind sharing this D

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778601  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté Yesterday - 12:36:01 | #3

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 21 September 2014 10:18) *
Little question though: Xelor can't go back in time, but he can see the future? Would make you think he has a complicated batman gambit set up for the imminent heist of their divine powers, no? Or is he really just the accountant of Time, managing it without interfering, even when it concerns the gods themselves?
He's just an accountant. Even if he can see the future, he doesn't change it - this would damage the time-space continuum, which he's supposed to guard. Would sort of defeat his purpose as the guardian of time if he was messing with it himself, don't you think?

Also, since I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention this - the Xelorium boss from the preview we couldn't identify is the Hordemon/Altdemon one, as it turns out, the Xelomorph one is much more sleek. I wonder if this means that the demons are basically Xelorium's wildlife, since he was shown as the equivalent of Toxoliath and the giant drheller...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778520  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 20, 2014, 20:31:14 | #4

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 20 September 2014 19:59) *
But if I saw it correctly in the trailer, you can switch between past - present - future by using a special watch, correct? So there is actually no past, present or future in the dimension of Time? (which seems quite appropriate)
Areas are nicknamed "past tense", "future tense" and "present", iirc, that's about it. It's a gameplay mechanic, related to two drops from all mobs in the dimension. Srambad had a similar one.

This has nothing to do with the museum.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778338  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 20, 2014, 12:05:08 | #5

Quote (monsterslam @ 20 September 2014 11:41) *
If Xelorium is split into past, present and future..How does the future room Major showed look like in the past and future? Correct me if anything.
Future room only contains Wakfu era artifacts, past room contains pre-game Dofus stuff, mostly related the primordial dofus, and I haven't posted any links to it.

Actually, the musem is spilt into 4 sections - the 4th one is called "errors", and most of its contents are jokes and references to popular items.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778265  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 20, 2014, 01:56:44 | #6
For now that's the realm of fanfiction, sorry. ;p

Unless we're going full fanfiction with this thread, I'm sure everyone wants to see my multiple rewritten versions of Shadow's backstory and/or quality FreezzxHarebourg romance stories.

Putting all that babbling aside: I'm very excited about the mention of Eniripsa something-laboratory. Hopefully the dimension itself will follow this path.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778132  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 20, 2014, 01:37:39 | #7

Quote (Nox16 @ 20 September 2014 01:21) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 20 September 2014 01:04) *
Steamers get a seperate dimension?! Or would it just be a part of Osamodas' dimension?
I doubt this greatly at least in wakfu. In dofus possibly but not in wakfu. This is because they are atheistic in wakfu while not in dofus *though i have wonders about merkator being thought of as a god of sorts as outlined previously in this thread* I am going on the assumption each subclass will get a island masq island, foggernaut underwater city, rogue hideout? someplace that is their own.
Rogues have their own city in Remington comics already, Masqueraider island is in the files, there is (was before the dimensions, at least) an underwater area with possible ties to Foggers in development (on hold for now). None of those is a dimension. Gods get dimensions, not classes. Rogues are covered in Dofus by multiple npc and some mobs in both humanoid families (and Wakfu has the Raval Disciple), so it's safe to assume that it'll be the same for Foggers and Masqs.

I'm pretty sure the location mentioned by the Voyager is some sort of Oktopodas-themed subarea of the Osamodas dimension. Which is the next one to be released in Dofus, so it'll be natural that hints show up here and there.

Merkator? As a god? How would that even work, especially if in Dofus he's just a renegade scholar with a small crew of pirates under his command? Can't see this in Wakfu, either. He was probably pulling the strings behind the invasion, but he doesn't have that much influence, and the Foggernauts definitely wouldn't think of their "maker" as god, it'll be a huge surprise if they even remember him in detail at this point. Not even his Alkatrool bio hints at that.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778127  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 19, 2014, 20:51:11 | #8

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 19 September 2014 19:04) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 19 September 2014 15:52) *
We've seen all that remains of them. End of season 2. That's the Sea Council, or rather its monarchistic remains (if all of Adal's ancestors were as charming and competent as he is, it comes as no surprise that a large chunk of the population didn't mind getting mechanical bodies from a madman with flamboyant facial hair).

I beg to differ: Adal and Frida mentioned his father, the King, during one of the episodes, so it is quite likely he's still alive too with another (not military) remnant of the Sea Council. Also, even if we've seen them in the animated series, the game takes place 10 years before that, so it may be fun to find out where they have been hiding all this time.
Books from the Foggernaut invasion event mention that a regent is ruling in place of Adale. I think it's pretty much a given that the old king is already dead when the events of the game take place...

What I'm hoping for in the underwater area, by the way, are mechanical Foggernauts with inhuman and bizarre features. Flexington in theory has a soul inside as well, show me Foggers with equally extreme body modifications. Mismatched optics, weaponized arms, multiple legs detachable parts, mandibles, the possibilities are endless. They have immortal robot forms, why not customize them a bit?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778050  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 19, 2014, 15:52:55 | #9

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 19 September 2014 12:20) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 18 September 2014 21:31) *
I find those submarine drones one for surveillance and one for research... im really curious what these are in reference to. I mean they are obviously foggernaut origins... but whose.

I wonder about them too.. Would Ankama be planning another Foggernaut expansion/storyline? Maybe not for Wakfu, but who knows? The fact they're giving away Adal-costumes and new Foggernaut decorations with the steam accounts could also link to this. Maybe we'll get to see the Sea Council Foggernauts in Wakfu too?
We've seen all that remains of them. End of season 2. That's the Sea Council, or rather its monarchistic remains (if all of Adal's ancestors were as charming and competent as he is, it comes as no surprise that a large chunk of the population didn't mind getting mechanical bodies from a madman with flamboyant facial hair).

This being said - I would LOVE a proper Foggernaut questline, so even though those drones are probably just a technology sample from the era (there are multiple weapons and the Solomonk in another room as well, not everything in the musem is a reference to a great event, it would appear), I think that we can at least hope for something. Especially since there's a small light on the horizon...

Little birdie told me that there might be an underwater area planned. I hope that sharing this information won't get neither me not the source in trouble. Bear in mind that "planned" areas are also the scrapped lousy pig island and the Bworde's motherland, about which we only know that it might happen... So don't get your hopes high, for now.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777956  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 18, 2014, 12:19:28 | #10
Pandora's refered to as "L'Explorancienne" (The Explorancient) in Xelorium's museum.

So... Will this be the conclusion of the dimensions storyline? I guess there's still a plenty to discover, I doubt that she's named Pandora without a reason (maybe the container with the power of gods will be the Pandora box she's going to open...? That's the only idea I have right now. Though maybe it'll be more metaphorical...).

On an unrelated side note, I love the Razortime statue.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777421  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 18, 2014, 00:16:13 | #11

Quote (Merriden @ 18 September 2014 00:04) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 17 September 2014 23:13) *
People irl usually don't look perfectly beautiful, either. While I agree that the Sacrier is weird, the rest is simply diverse, unlike, let's say, Xa's drawings. Different body types, different facial features. I haven't hated a single npc since Ezam, they're all gorgeous because they're finally d i v e r s e. There's more to character design that's "what's cute/badass/conventionally attractive".

Inb4 multiple chibi animu artists show up and disagree

I think you're confusing the diversity of style and design with the quality of the artwork. This thread is addressing the latter.
This thread is adressing the fact that it's different from Xa's, which is for some reason the same thing as art quality for the op, therfore everything about my reply is perfectly fine.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777245  Replies : 13  Views : 433
posté September 17, 2014, 23:13:41 | #12
People irl usually don't look perfectly beautiful, either. While I agree that the Sacrier is weird, the rest is simply diverse, unlike, let's say, Xa's drawings. Different body types, different facial features. I haven't hated a single npc since Ezam, they're all gorgeous because they're finally d i v e r s e. There's more to character design that's "what's cute/badass/conventionally attractive".

Inb4 multiple chibi animu artists show up and disagree

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777226  Replies : 13  Views : 433
posté September 16, 2014, 12:14:29 | #13
A plain labcoath, leaving the character's hair visible, identical on both sexes (there's already one costume showing hair in the files, so it's technically possible, it seems). Also, a plague doctor costume. Both would suit a wide variety of classes and don't venture into both realm of fanservice and over the top pauldrons, which are the main problems with costume designs in the genre.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #776553  Replies : 5  Views : 134
posté September 16, 2014, 11:23:57 | #14

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 16 September 2014 09:35) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 15 September 2014 23:24) *
On a side note: did everyone see the Sadida redesign Mig posted on dA? I quite like it, while not as extensive as Sram's, it enriches the god's image. Can't wait for Eniripsa, I hope Ankama has something suitable bizarre preared for her.

Sadida the pimp?! What do you hope they'll do to Eniripsa? Sexy nurse?
My first thought was "hey, that's more or less how the loa are portrayed in present-day hoodoo", which is pretty damn fitting for him. ;v

I'm expecting Eniripsa to be as uncanny as Sram, maybe more. Out of 4 or so canon Enis, 2 are mad scientists and another one is Herr Peece, the design of the godess should reflect that. Right now she's a generic elf lady who looks exctly like Cra, a more abstract approach would be welcome.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776529  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 16, 2014, 02:42:20 | #15
Only one quest mentions that the city is affilated with him, without clarifying where he is now. ;s I guess we still have to wait to see the piece of media which was supposed to cover the topic of the Protectors in Wakfu mentioned on the stream a year ago. :x Unless something changed and it won't see the light of day...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776374  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 15, 2014, 23:24:11 | #16
I've finished all of Brakmar's mercenary quest. While posting spoilers from them feels a bit redunant, I really appreciate how they enriched each area. I've really enjoyed the focus on industry (and scaras), it was nice to see Djaul openy referenced, too. Great job as always, those short quests were suitable entertaining and kept the high background quality presented by the main quests in newer areas, even if the matters covered were trivial.

I'm looking forward to mrcenaries in non-nation areas. c:

On a side note: did everyone see the Sadida redesign Mig posted on dA? I quite like it, while not as extensive as Sram's, it enriches the god's image. Can't wait for Eniripsa, I hope Ankama has something suitable bizarre preared for her.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - September 15, 2014, 23:25:37.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776326  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 15, 2014, 15:17:33 | #17
WTB Chomped Jelly As in the title - I want to buy 3 pieces of Chomped Jelly. Leave a reply here or try to catch me in-game (ign: Guldenbart).

Still looking for them, after 18 runs none dropped, though, so I'm questioning whether this resource actually exists post-update...

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #776151  Replies : 0  Views : 21
posté September 14, 2014, 20:37:02 | #18

Quote (Varonth @ 14 September 2014 19:15) *
Does the quest in there really end that suddenly?

Harebourg just took the dofus at the final step and I got no new quest after that.

It doesn't feel like the story arc was completed.
It wasn't. But we don't know when the next part will be released. RyF dropped some hints in the lore thread, though. Also, there's a small reference to it in the level 140 Pandora quest.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775860  Replies : 5  Views : 131
posté September 13, 2014, 12:36:01 | #19
I'm pretty sure that he doesn't really care too much about multimen because of their moral aligment - he imprisoned Shadow along the rest of them, after all. He probably considered them interesting anomalies worthy of being in his collection, buuut that's about it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775389  Replies : 933  Views : 30430
posté September 12, 2014, 17:49:05 | #20
Sadida's dolls seem to be another, separate thing - an extension of the god himself rather than separate beings, unlike demigods (although they do posess sentience et cetera, soooo Sadida sortofdoesn'tseemtobeapersonI'dliketohandoutwith), thus Cornu Mollu - the "child" you were refering to - was, in theory, offspring of two gods (and yet another kind of being, at the same time, not a god per say). Nelson posted a few links which might be relevant to this dilemma a few pages ago, iirc.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775038  Replies : 933  Views : 30430