Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Major-Caligar...'s profile
Statistics
1448 Posts (1.52 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté February 01, 2016, 12:55:24 | #1

Quote (monsterslam @ 01 February 2016 01:32) *

Quote (Eliaoo @ 31 January 2016 23:15) *
Still, whether you like it or not, it IS canon. It might be better just to accept it.
Don't even try, he won't accept anything since nothing is like what he wants.
glad to see my legend lives on even after if i post like once every 3 months

anyway i still want to know who thought a good idea for a lore relevant character is "that one monky nobody gives a shit from the island of caricatures bordering on offensive, but in BLACK AND WITH RED EYES HOLY SHIT"
like everyone knows tot's creatively bankrupt but this is new level of shit, lol

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941213  Replies : 169  Views : 5658
posté January 31, 2016, 20:41:13 | #2

Quote (Oanhanhon @ 31 January 2016 17:49) *

Quote (Rrae @ 31 January 2016 15:12) *

Quote (Oanhanhon @ 31 January 2016 06:59) *
I'm guessing it will be Moon itself. If its another character I would be kinda disappointed by the fact that Moon in Moon Island is just a npc with retarded looking art, but that would be surprising.

Tot made us all guess that its Moon in fact in his second letter, maybe he could've joking, maybe not.

And oh look, beta is unavailable, maybe this could mean that its being updated with the latest content? I can't wait, omg the anxiety is killing me...
Moon is the boss of kannibal, while would he be the boss of two dungeons?
Let me tell you something:

This monkey

Its not this monkey.

Like, they're not the same, they only look like, you know? The first one is worshipped by the Kanniballs, they do think that he is the incarnation of a god that would awaken the volcano, Moon. You can find him outside of the dungeons, above the big gate.
The second one is his Dark side, the one that is the actual boss of kannibal dungeon, Darkly Moon, he was awaken by Moon when the war against the skeleton Piwates was happening, yet, they're not the same Monkey, after the war happened, they fought each other for the control of the island. Moon won the battle.
someone was paid to write this and someone thought it's a good idea to have it as canon but simultaneously a lot of shit gets retconned to fir the ovas

lol

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941135  Replies : 169  Views : 5658
posté January 30, 2016, 03:22:35 | #3
Hey Tot why are you babbling about "transmedia" so much if a few years ago development of a huge amount of mmo features was halted because apparently you felt like "too many elements would be connected together"? :^)

Thread : News  Preview message : #940907  Replies : 74  Views : 2131
posté January 23, 2016, 16:42:13 | #4

Quote (Madd1 @ 21 January 2016 20:22) *

Quote (AndersonMenezes @ 21 January 2016 20:17) *
Everything is beautifull, but please look at the last words about the Wakfu MMO:

"
Même si tous les points abordés ne pourront pas être réalisés cette année, nous espérons vous avoir offert une bonne vision de nos réflexions actuelles et de la direction que nous prenons. Quant à l’année 2016, elle s’annonce haute en couleurs et vous réserve plusieurs surprises !"

Translating...

" Although all points raised will not be achieved this year, we hope to have offered you a good overview of our current thinking and direction we take. As for 2016, it looks colorful and offers many surprises!"

So the SOON thing still a valid thing on the Ankama's Rules. Just expect something on the list to be implemented, and a lot don't, or maybe not so colorful
They still haven't implemented promises from 2013 and earlier. Soon is valid for any statement from the developers until the day it's officially released.
Tot openly shat on promises from 2012 and 2013, there's no reason to put any trust in Ankama at this point honestly.

Remember how we were meant to get self-contained storylines in game that don't rely on watching the show? Or when we were supposed to get 6 dimensions with a self-contained satisfactionary storyline to accompany them? Or when each area was meant to get mercenary posts? Or when Frigost wasn't an ova advert?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #939894  Replies : 169  Views : 5658
posté January 13, 2016, 23:53:02 | #5
Tot invaded the game and now it doesn't even try to hide it's a bug-ridden advert for a bad show

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #938198  Replies : 20  Views : 670
posté January 01, 2016, 21:18:38 | #6
Count on me I quit Wakfu well over a year ago, in theory, but I still have a large backlog to finish, starting with the fic below.

linky

Sorta-au Missiz Freezz Frigost arrival fic, feat. the alternate backstory which I think was mentioned in the artbook or something which I liked more than the version the writers ultimately went with.

Thread : Fan Fiction  Preview message : #935429  Replies : 1  Views : 213
posté December 25, 2015, 13:49:59 | #7

Quote (-Celio- @ 25 December 2015 11:31) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 25 December 2015 02:00) *
Whoever decided Jango Fett is a character worth referencing in the Huppermage quests: your taste in SW bounty hunters is bad

At least is better than Boba Fett, character who did literally nothing XD

The only bounty hunter i actually care in SW universe is certain robot of KOTOR.
Official ranking courtesy of yours truly:

Best tier:
Cad Bane, Zuckuss and 4-LOM, Bossk, Embo

Still ok tier:
IG-88, Dengar, Durge, that Tusken one with Jawa pit crew, purple lady from CW

Passable I guess tier:
Zam Wessel, most other CW hunters, that EU one with gun helmet

Bad tier:
all EU bounty hunters who weren't droids because they're just humans with guns

Insufferable outside of movies tier:
Fetts, Jagno even moreso than Boba

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - December 25, 2015, 13:52:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #934200  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134
posté December 25, 2015, 02:00:53 | #8
Whoever decided Jango Fett is a character worth referencing in the Huppermage quests: your taste in SW bounty hunters is bad

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #934073  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134
posté December 08, 2015, 12:42:41 | #9

Quote (Sting-Shotter @ 06 December 2015 18:38) *
About number 4, i might have an answer to that, harebourg's ultimate goal is probally not to become godly but just for his people to survive. he is obsessed with the future (unlike nox who is obsessed with the past) harebourg is like the other side of nox...
You're like 3 years late, not to mention you sound as if you never read a thing on th topic, dude

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - December 08, 2015, 14:05:13.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #930344  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134
posté November 27, 2015, 22:55:14 | #10

Quote (-Celio- @ 27 November 2015 16:18) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 20 November 2015 14:49) *
it's almost as if lore was too bad
What lore? there is nothing new since kelba, moon island was an empty monster farm.
that's the joke

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #928022  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134
posté November 25, 2015, 01:41:25 | #11

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 24 November 2015 23:25) *
A little dialog from the Dofus beta text file indicates the existance of a new Hour Demon: XXV.
It seems it shall be linked to the Inter-Server Kolizeum's background, I'm not sure:

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
XXV supplied me with the battlefields and magic necessary for the Kolossium to work. He is the demon of the final hour, one of the most powerful lords of the Outerworld, even if he wasn't always so. He once went by another name... but I promised him I would be discrete in such matters. My second associate is no other than Sordibuckla, a rich trader from Brakmar. She's the one who suggested I reward participants by letting them craft trophies.In the old days, I was a respected general of Brakmar's armies. Following an unfortunate set of circumstances, I spent a long time in the Outerworld. I fought in the Demons of the Hours' arenas for years, eager to regain my freedom. I ended up making a deal with XXV, and I was finally able to go home. But when all is said and done, I missed the cries of people dying in (...)
Somebody at Ankama must really hate Midnight.

First she only gets a crappy Ancestral-Z design.

Then a shitty reptilian overlord oc takes most of her traits and schemes

and now she's not even the head honcho, here comes another dA tier oc guys! COLDSTEEL THE 25TH HOUR
ahahaha holy shit. maybe come up with the missing ones first before adding this shit. who even is in charge at this company

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927536  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134
posté November 20, 2015, 15:09:11 | #12
Does Tot realize the direction in which he takes the game would not be widely critisized if he wasn't a bad writer who throws better ones under the bus to push his bizarre ova fantasy

Thread : News  Preview message : #926877  Replies : 86  Views : 2723
posté November 20, 2015, 14:49:57 | #13
This sure is one dead thread as of late, it's almost as if lore was too bad to result in much discussion. Makes the letter to the community and Tot feeling hurt about people being unhappy with his ideas all the funnier, in fact it's funny enough to make me log in again after months long disappearence.

Yeah, sure, Ankama makes more than the game, but when the game better plots than the ovas, let alone the manga, it's hard to expect people will be joyful that it gets trashed to push "overarching epic plotline" and "a real soap opera", or that we already got two aesthetically unpleasant and boring new classes out of it. I liked when "higher powers" halted the development of new content back when this thread started because, as we heard, "too many things were linked to the same plotline", and now have no problem with forcing literally everything to be connected to one dumb "it was the illuminati all along" plot feat. space elves and Tot's bizarre fetishes. Tot sure must be a fun fellow.

I wonder what the changes in the developer team will bring lore-wise too. Is RyF going to stay in charge, even though it hardly meant anything for the game, regardless of the effort put into the background by him and maintaing pretty decent degree of communication with the fans here in this thread even though we, especially I at times, were pretty damn obnoxious to listen to, most likely?

Will we finally see properly finished questlines that don't force ovas into the game? Or mercenary quests and promised backstories for minor bosses? Or lore-relevant areas that were allegedly in development, like the Bworde, or the Fogger area, or Osamodas/Eniripsa dimensions? Or was it all sacrificed to make Tot's demigod/eliatrope dream a reality? Yeah, I'm afraid we all know the answer already.

also hahaha holy shit. holy shit, the Huppermages. those are the blandest designs in ages and I can't believe those are playable before Ouginaks. Tot is a true genius, a creative mastermind like no one else

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #926874  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134
posté August 30, 2015, 22:03:49 | #14

Quote (Nox16 @ 30 August 2015 16:23) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 29 August 2015 18:46) *
"creatures that come out at night"

why would they use arachnoshimas when polters exist
polters can only possess dead things if i understand them correctly.
I think it was linked to stasis levels somehow in the early beta? All those monster model sheets have a polter-posessed mob as a "reverse celestial" of sorts and celestials manifested when everything was unbalanced in favor of wakfu

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #903105  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134
posté August 13, 2015, 16:25:17 | #15
WTB PDB fragments WTB 78 PDB fragments for ~20kk each, preferably en masse, leave me an ankabox message if you're interested

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #898108  Replies : 0  Views : 107
posté July 27, 2015, 10:53:45 | #16

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 27 July 2015 06:32) *
There's a sword whose description mentions a sister of Vald (a Goultard's personality).

Click here
Click here
Are Dofus item descriptions fundamentally different thing from Wakfu ones? Because if not, it likely doesn't mean much since RyF said only very few items have lore-compatible descriptions and he doesn't oversee the process of writing them iirc ;s

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #891864  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134
posté July 27, 2015, 01:26:29 | #17
You totally should post the Dofus Sram picture here. The forums need it badly :^)

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #891747  Replies : 7  Views : 809
posté July 26, 2015, 21:52:01 | #18
Those dang dirty newbies don't understand my unfunny insider jokes from like 2008, how come ;_;

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #891696  Replies : 10  Views : 806
posté July 20, 2015, 16:37:58 | #19
That was from before Sacrier and Pandawa, magic was split into dark and light. I don't think it matters anymore too much since no subsequent materials made a mention of it and the system predates both the modern take on the pantheon and the wakfu/stasis concept. Since even the light and dark dragons seem to be slowly retconed into wakfu and stasis ones instead it seems to be irrelevant.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888922  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134
posté July 19, 2015, 23:52:37 | #20
My theory is that the Sram population, due to being largely composed of closely knit communities, kind of has the skeletal appearence imprinted in their genes thanks to centuries of Sram worship. Since Wakfu Srambad is an even smaller, closed community, various traits linked to recessive genes surface: extra arms, spider legs, probably pale/grey/fluorescent skin and sharp teeth for Rogues but there's only one Rogue npc so this part is pure semi-au fun.

In retrospect it's kind of stupid because it's hard to mix "faith determines your appearence" with genetics.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888698  Replies : 2678  Views : 163134