Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Major-Caligar...'s profile
Statistics
976 Posts (1.9 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 01:08:15 | #1

YUGO CLAUS WITH HIS YUGO SPAWN

Can someone retcon this year, please

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800627  Replies : 1405  Views : 46561
posté Yesterday - 11:06:18 | #2

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 23 November 2014 21:01) *
I personally would have preferred something like the arachnids do when they put you in a cocoon. Something actually referring to the act of putting bandages on someone
Most irl mummification methods don't really use bandages though, relying either on chemicals or specific environmental conditions... Egyptian methods, later picked up by a few other African cultures, are simply the most well-known in the western world due to the interest first Greeks, then Romans, and finally the French and English in the XIXth century took in them.

I like to think of the mummification spell in Wakfu as a makeshift version of the Xelor rites - thus no actual bandages are involved, just the sacred symbols, maybe some sort of alchemical solution as well.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800380  Replies : 14  Views : 526
posté November 23, 2014, 12:15:23 | #3
Where did I say that -all- of you do this? I'm refering to a specific case from, iirc, February, which you'd recognize if you were familiar with the tumblr Wakfu fanbase. I've only compared the attitude consisting of general obnoxious demeanor and the unability to comprehend basic facts, which was diplayed in both cases by Eliatrope fans.

Thread : News  Preview message : #800120  Replies : 347  Views : 4591
posté November 23, 2014, 02:21:55 | #4
Lots of people enjoy Michael Bay's movies or browsing the /pol/ board on 4chan as well, though, this alone isn't a good argument and never was when it comes to perception of a piece of fiction. V:

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - November 23, 2014, 02:22:15.
Thread : News  Preview message : #799964  Replies : 347  Views : 4591
posté November 23, 2014, 01:54:22 | #5
I think you're forgetting about which fanbase we're talking.

Am I annoyed by the fact that people can't comprehend why we aren't entertained by this story and that being uncritical doesn't make you a better fan? Yeah, I am (at the same time I have to admit that some replies coming from our side, me included, were pretty annoying too). But I'm not surprised at all, I've seen Wakfu fans who weren't capable og comprehending why people might not be ok with presence of a legit peodphile in the fandom, this is nothing in comparision.

For some weird reason this attitude seems to be unusually common among people who like Eliatropes which might warrant further study.

On a side note, I don't think I'll actually play one, unless I'll feel a need to become a juggalo. Would prefer Voyagers both due to much better backstory and designs as well as the fact that I already had a character planned (but that's not a big deal, ocs aren't hard to adapt for your own settings usually).

Thread : News  Preview message : #799960  Replies : 347  Views : 4591
posté November 22, 2014, 22:07:31 | #6
Forgot to post this yesterday, Ntamak - who, as it turns out, designed Harebourg's in-game incarnation (funny to know, he designed some of my faves among the Hour Demons as well) - on the issue of Harebourg's skin color; copy-paste from Izmar's tumblr:

"At this time, I made his fingers and skin blue more because I thought he had skin that was damaged by cold rather than that he was black.So personally, I’ve never thought of him as black, initially I wanted to give him worn (damaged), blue skin.

It’s true that after I designed the version with the hat that we no longer saw his skin.

But I never thought of him as black"

Basically the tcg card showing Harebourg's skin as pitch black is invalid, but at the same time the same goes for the ova.

I quite like that this is how it supposed to look like - one of the two cultures mostly responsible for the mummification methods which inspired Xelors, Incas, managed to (partially unwilingly) preserve dead bodies thanks to cold, and the mummies they left do have cracked skin - and iirc tend to show signs of frostbites. All makes sense this way.

At the same time, imo the hints about Xelors having dark - even pitch black - skin also make a lot of sense: many mummification methods resulted in the very dark coloration of mummified bodies; more natural dark skin pgimentation also would make sense, considering how the basic bandaged mummies all come from Africa. Also, all Xelor hairdos in Wakfu look like bandage dreadlocks. Basically out of all possibilites, ova went with the one that makes the least sense for some reason.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799895  Replies : 1405  Views : 46561
posté November 22, 2014, 00:24:21 | #7
Frigost is a place, not a person

Also, it was "[Harebourg] would be delighted to have such a specimen in his collection" or something very similar, which was simply refering to the fact that he collects scientific oddities and rare creatures, and Dimensional Voyagers count as such, I was under the impression we sorted the issue of misinterpreting the prologue months ago '-----'

Also, the link between Srams and Rogues is something like assassination/crime syndicates. Basically covering different aspects of illegal activity. Good call on the life/death symbolism with Osa aspects, though I like to view it as nature and mockery/imitation of it rather than life/nature and death.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - November 22, 2014, 00:27:52.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799570  Replies : 256  Views : 13349
posté November 21, 2014, 22:41:33 | #8

Quote (Aacher @ 21 November 2014 19:32) *

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 21 November 2014 17:37) *
Ain't nobody got time for this

I love that when weird science is happening, there is always a xelor involved.
This is someone's character, Acher, not an npc.

Wabbit Voyger guy officially scares me now

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799541  Replies : 1405  Views : 46561
posté November 21, 2014, 16:00:24 | #9
Have you seen the ovas?

They did it already. Stop pretending like Ankama can do no wrong and "c'mon let's wait for more developments before we judge", they fucked up. Badly.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799308  Replies : 1405  Views : 46561
posté November 21, 2014, 15:54:45 | #10
Do you seriously expect a good explanation for the existence of a class whose raison d'etre is the fact that some people don't understand what continuity and good writing are and wanted to play as magical mary sue space elves? This what we deserved, as a community, for all those "pls mak eliatrop ingaem anmaka" threads and everything else related to the problem.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799306  Replies : 1405  Views : 46561
posté November 21, 2014, 14:48:12 | #11
Please congratulate Ankama on replacing an actually interesting idea for a class with utter garbage.

Dunno if the playerbase should trust you now, though, I guess everyone has to decide on their own, not really my problem since in theory I left already

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799288  Replies : 90  Views : 2410
posté November 21, 2014, 13:34:39 | #12
You're either born a follower of a particular god if your parents were pious enough/decided on that before incarnation, or choose your path during puberty. There's no way to reverse the process.

Thread : News  Preview message : #799260  Replies : 347  Views : 4591
posté November 21, 2014, 13:15:44 | #13
How does this make sense when she looks exactly the same in a story set in the Dofus era?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799251  Replies : 22  Views : 1238
posté November 21, 2014, 11:41:47 | #14
Whitewashing is a brand new issue, though. And I think it has to stop right now, preferably with a retcon to follow. Otherwise watch out, Sadidas will also all turn white in the next season.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - November 21, 2014, 12:20:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799234  Replies : 22  Views : 1238
posté November 21, 2014, 10:22:28 | #15
DrOgon.

Would be weird if he was Ecaflip himself and Ush didn't adress that in one way or another, besides we know the date of Joris's birth/creation now and god Ecaflip was still active after it. On the other hand, Tot doesn't seem to be ahuge fan of consistency right now and hey, we can solve all problems with Edgetrope time paradoxes. And probably redesigning some characters into the most whitebread white guys in existence.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799224  Replies : 1405  Views : 46561
posté November 21, 2014, 10:07:36 | #16
I'm not even sure why we are trying to discuss their "lore" seriously when we literally heard from the person in charge of the game's lore that he's not fond of everything that's coming up and would rather work on other stuff (and all of the areas he mentiond he had planned sound a lot better than either the ovas or Edgetropes - Foggernaut area explaining what Merkator was up to between Dofus and Wakfu, homeland of the Bworks, final part of Frigost...). RyF's, uh. A person who actually can write. Whoever was in charge of the ova and now the Edgetropes (Tot apparently) clearly isn't. Simple conclusion: all of this can be disregarded.

Inb4 Gunnersomething guy whines

Thread : News  Preview message : #799216  Replies : 347  Views : 4591
posté November 21, 2014, 09:46:26 | #17

Quote (Xander-is-Kander @ 21 November 2014 04:57) *

Quote (Eddiedude @ 21 November 2014 04:48) *
Are you talking about Lady Echo? She's a demigod as well, probably the daughter of Sram?
She may be a Demigod, but I don't think she's a sram. She doesn't look like a sram.

Mostly because of the face tatoos, green skin, and the long ears.
Besides, we've seen all of Sram's children...
One Sram, one Rogue, no reptillian illuminati:

My bet's one some sort of dragon because every time when this shitty pointless conspiracy plot is referenced, the reptillian illuminati or whatever the official name was are refered to as "descendants of gods and dragons". Though maybe it'll turn out those are actually drOgons, evil dragons from the dark and edgy lands who exist only to cause sibling conflict between poorly written protagonists.

Also, someone explain to me what's so amazing about cliche plot, lots of manpain, shitting all over estabilished background, female characters getting literally no development, straightforward problematic elements (mostly related to the issue of female characters, e.g. portraying Amalia as a prize Yugo has to won through his "heroic" manpain-fueled actions) and whitewashed Harebourg (his skin was shown as pitch black before, was someone at Ankama afraid of showing non-white people in positions of power without making them ~~tribal~~) who managed to have too little to do with the original that you could just put a pointy hat on a silkworm and it'd still be more accurate than Tallbishie McWhiteguy

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - November 21, 2014, 09:55:44.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799211  Replies : 22  Views : 1238
posté November 21, 2014, 02:02:05 | #18
hopefully there'll never be such a thing

To make this reply constructive: they've released a 3-part ova, that's it for now. It's pretty horrible and I don't recommend it.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - November 21, 2014, 02:03:15.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799082  Replies : 22  Views : 1238
posté November 21, 2014, 02:01:42 | #19

Quote (Zygarde @ 21 November 2014 01:37) *

Quote (Gunnerwolfang @ 20 November 2014 23:00) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 20 November 2014 22:45) *
wasn't this the very reason why god Sram decided to replace their own deity Eugor?
Sram didn't replaced Eugor... He is Eugor... He changed his appearance and pretended to be the god of a godless class by tricking them that he is Eugor the god of rogue... Later, when he revealed who he really is, the rogues loved the fact that he managed to trick all of them so they all end up worshiping him for real.
Almost!

Rogues worshiped Raval, the protector of Septangel and founder of the Rogue clans, but then Sram did the whole Eugor thing to steal all of Raval's disciples.

From some text in Dofus:

For a long time, there was a big difference between Rogues and other adventurers. In fact, they only worshipped Raval, the founder of their clan, which they dedicated to him. But no matter how much the Rogues kept their work hidden in the shadows, there was one god who, as usual, didn't miss a trick: Sram. Nobody knows exactly how this god ousted the protector of Septangel, but somehow he managed to steal the Rogue disciples for himself. He named himself the Rogues' only god, using the pseudonym Eugor, and referred to Raval as a mere representative. Little by little, less and less was heard of Raval, until eventually the Rogues started to believe in Eugor. Finally, at the height of his glory, Eugor revealed who he really was. You have to admit that tricking not one but thousands of Rogues is no mean feat! As a result, the Rogues didn't take the deception badly, but admired their new god all the more for it.
Ah, thanks! I knew I've read this somewhere long ago, but memory doesn't serve me perfectly sometimes, thus the small mistake.

Thread : News  Preview message : #799081  Replies : 347  Views : 4591
posté November 21, 2014, 01:25:01 | #20
You have the taste of a 12-year-old who'd google "ANIMAY TIDDIES" unironically

Thread : General  Preview message : #799064  Replies : 11  Views : 563