Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Major-Caligar...'s profile
Statistics
1435 Posts (1.81 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 30, 2015, 22:03:49 | #1

Quote (Nox16 @ 30 August 2015 16:23) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 29 August 2015 18:46) *
"creatures that come out at night"

why would they use arachnoshimas when polters exist
polters can only possess dead things if i understand them correctly.
I think it was linked to stasis levels somehow in the early beta? All those monster model sheets have a polter-posessed mob as a "reverse celestial" of sorts and celestials manifested when everything was unbalanced in favor of wakfu

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #903105  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté August 13, 2015, 16:25:17 | #2
WTB PDB fragments WTB 78 PDB fragments for ~20kk each, preferably en masse, leave me an ankabox message if you're interested

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #898108  Replies : 0  Views : 49
posté July 27, 2015, 10:53:45 | #3

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 27 July 2015 06:32) *
There's a sword whose description mentions a sister of Vald (a Goultard's personality).

Click here
Click here
Are Dofus item descriptions fundamentally different thing from Wakfu ones? Because if not, it likely doesn't mean much since RyF said only very few items have lore-compatible descriptions and he doesn't oversee the process of writing them iirc ;s

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #891864  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté July 27, 2015, 01:26:29 | #4
You totally should post the Dofus Sram picture here. The forums need it badly :^)

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #891747  Replies : 7  Views : 476
posté July 26, 2015, 21:52:01 | #5
Those dang dirty newbies don't understand my unfunny insider jokes from like 2008, how come ;_;

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #891696  Replies : 10  Views : 558
posté July 20, 2015, 16:37:58 | #6
That was from before Sacrier and Pandawa, magic was split into dark and light. I don't think it matters anymore too much since no subsequent materials made a mention of it and the system predates both the modern take on the pantheon and the wakfu/stasis concept. Since even the light and dark dragons seem to be slowly retconed into wakfu and stasis ones instead it seems to be irrelevant.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888922  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté July 19, 2015, 23:52:37 | #7
My theory is that the Sram population, due to being largely composed of closely knit communities, kind of has the skeletal appearence imprinted in their genes thanks to centuries of Sram worship. Since Wakfu Srambad is an even smaller, closed community, various traits linked to recessive genes surface: extra arms, spider legs, probably pale/grey/fluorescent skin and sharp teeth for Rogues but there's only one Rogue npc so this part is pure semi-au fun.

In retrospect it's kind of stupid because it's hard to mix "faith determines your appearence" with genetics.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888698  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté July 19, 2015, 20:57:27 | #8

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 19 July 2015 20:41) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 19 July 2015 20:10) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 19 July 2015 19:43) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 19 July 2015 19:25) *
Sram who isn't even a skeleton
Srams aren't skeletons in Wakfu. Neither the made model, nor female No mobs are skeletons, no NPCs besides the waiters are skeletons.

Not even the so called "God" is a skeleton.
Go back to Srambad, look at Sramvas, Apothecaries and those little dog trainer guys, then come back here to discuss Srams.
They're all Srams, wearing skeleton costumes and masks, just like all male Srams including Chad.
Apothecary legs are literally bones dude

If anything it's the other way, human digusises on top of bones. Srams and Rogues are masters of illusion, do you really think it's unlikely they'd use it to alter how onlookers see them?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888660  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté July 19, 2015, 20:10:45 | #9

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 19 July 2015 19:43) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 19 July 2015 19:25) *
Sram who isn't even a skeleton
Srams aren't skeletons in Wakfu. Neither the made model, nor female No mobs are skeletons, no NPCs besides the waiters are skeletons.

Not even the so called "God" is a skeleton.
Go back to Srambad, look at Sramvas, Apothecaries and those little dog trainer guys, then come back here to discuss Srams.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888641  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté July 19, 2015, 19:25:04 | #10
Sram isn't tyrannical, though. Wilby is and it's left unspecified whether Wilby is Sram himself or not, he can be either Sram himself suffering from amnesia or someone else who grabbed his power for himself. ;V Dofus Srambad seems to be pretty ethnically diverse (there's also a mention of war refugees from certain cities on the mortal plane living in it) and the quests heavily imply that the voyager hunt is something weird and unusual and doesn't fit with the political landscape, which means the everday life there was most likely pretty alright before. Sram is also shown as the only god so far to actually take care of his children and Srambad is the only dimension which feels "alive" instead of merely being a place to keep some valuables.

Pandora is... eh, fine I guess. I'm not longer as enthusiastic as in the beginning (woohoo, first female protagonist who's technically on her own and not someone's supporting cast!), but the quality decreased and the fact that in certain parts of the quest her character is reduced to "don't hit me I'm a girl" repeated every few minutes is pretty upsetting. She's still miles better than Chad, though, since she at least tries.

Main problem is that ultimately whatever developments Pandora could get, they don't matter because she becomes equally expandable as a shitty Sram who isn't even a skeleton and essentially screams "fuck da (skeleton) police" constantly and then is surprised that his brethren from the police force equivalent no longer want him on their side. I don't get how Chad is a "good" character - moral alignment is dubious and imo he's chaotic neutral like every edgy teenager, to keep it in the DnD rhetoric, while character-wise he doesn't have much going on. One or two traits, forgettable design, nothing anyone above the age of 16 would care about.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888623  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté July 19, 2015, 18:42:02 | #11
Chad is a shitty character, though. He's not even very Sram-like, he's some asshole teenage anarchist who wants to look edgy and wears a skull mask to achieve this goal...

Majority of Srams in Srambad seems to be lawful considering how it'd appear even the criminal underworld is organized into well-funcioning guilds. Same goes for Dofus Srambad.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888597  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté July 19, 2015, 13:25:06 | #12

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 19 July 2015 05:02) *

feca and eniripsa seem to be the most obvious "good guy" gods
Don't forget Sacrier, too. Ascending because world needs compassion and all that. Shame the only sacrier character with any plot relevance are edgelords.

Also, the Feca/Orgonax thing isn't something disputable, there was an old article in the Dofus Mag which straightfroward states that Feca created the Mechasms, not just Orgonax. Feca is then by default the greatest hero of the entire Krosmoz as her actions almost lead to saving us from the eliatrope ("eliatrope" stands for "bad writing" menace.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888514  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté July 19, 2015, 03:23:33 | #13

Quote (HerrManifestum @ 19 July 2015 03:00) *
Something I always wondered; Which classes, other than Sram (in my opinion), are more aligned to be evil?
I always thought, for some reason, Foggers and Iops to be evil, but the latter one makes no sense whatsover. Still, I'm curious to which classes has a evil alignment.
None. Asides from mechanical Foggers because there's a 99% chance you're aligned with the bad guys if you have the shell. It doesn't work this way, classes are basically religions.

Srams aren't evil by default. They have loose approach to morality (although not a chaotic one, it's lawful evil in most cases), but at the same time it'd appear Sram families tend to care deeply about each other, which a lot of other classes canonically don't. God Sram is shown as one of the few decent people in the pantheon, too.

Xelors are canonically more likely to suffer from mental ilness because combination of time meddling and extended lifespan has negative impact on their minds, but this doesn't count either because mental ilness =/= evil.

Iops are dumb. This results in a lot of death and destruction; that's kind of close to being evil by default but on the other hand a lot of Iops seemingly put it to good use to defend a righteous cause. Goultard is imo straightforward evil though, he came up with a genocidial second identity out of boredom. It's kind of hard to justify, defeating Rushu doesn't mean much since in such a case Rushu is even more of a hero for killing the other 9 demon lords.

Quote (Raziel-Shadower @ 19 July 2015 02:45) *
why just why bad guys are always the techno guys ( foggernaut and xelor ) it's like the one who look progress do always bad thing in wakfu lol
Tot is likely scared shitless of Tesla and Edison or something. MAybe it's just the usual bad writing coupled with the horrible "noble savage" trope. But at the same time this statment is incorrect, Rogues are equally common as villains and actually more than a half of the franchise's villains are shushus.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888361  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544
posté July 19, 2015, 02:26:11 | #14
It means you need to wait for the next update because this npc wasn't implemented yet (there's already a location prepared in each nation, though)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888344  Replies : 5  Views : 781
posté July 18, 2015, 21:17:35 | #15
Pretty much what was said above. There were already designs for at least one more (Osamodas) but we likely will never see them since f2p means they'll rather squeeze more money from myster boxes or making heroes an additional sub system.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888279  Replies : 11  Views : 440
posté July 18, 2015, 03:28:19 | #16
Fogger area with presumably a Fogger mob family was planned, RyF mentioned a few times they were discussing it right after Ohwymi but the dimensions for in its way

I think it's in development hell considering how story-wise its existence apparently depends on whether we'll get Alkatrool back or not and Alkatrool is in development hell itself

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #888064  Replies : 11  Views : 486
posté July 17, 2015, 23:57:05 | #17
It's for the second part of the nation quest, there'll be an archeologist npc there to interact with eventually.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #887995  Replies : 1  Views : 179
posté July 15, 2015, 00:30:38 | #18

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 15 July 2015 00:13) *
As for divine dimensions we should get the rest of them eventually....,maybe...but it would make sense to add them only after the lvl 200 cap is reached, it is however rather wrong and or just incomplete to have areas for some classes but not others.
We won't. We weren't supposed to get all of them even when before the half-assed ending both games got, and it's even less likely now. We likely won't even see the Masq class area which was developed in mid-2013 (sneak peeks in Wakfu Mag right after original Frigost release)

Unless they'll want to push Elios or some other new crappy addition with their own class area, of course. Screw old classes  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #886916  Replies : 174  Views : 5577
posté July 14, 2015, 23:28:30 | #19

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 14 July 2015 19:49) *
Alkatrool was scrapped because the plans ryf had for it got scrapped

Major would know more than me

And last i heard divine dimensions are done for now for both wakfu and dofus
Alkatrool was scrapped because shortly before the release of remaining part 1 bosses the programmer working on supervillains left and "higher powers" decided it's not worth replacing him (Thanks Tot!), RyF said further changes were not consulted with him hence Merkator on Forfut.

The loss of Alkatrool is presumably what resulted in the cancellation of a large chunk of the december update in 2013 and the Cap Amakna dungeon since they were linked story-wise (Thanks Tot!).

Also yes, dimensions are cancelled, Dofus was supposed to get an Osamodas one before Christmas and the initial Srambad announcement mentioned at least 6 dimensions in Wakfu released over the course of a year (hints were dropped about Osa, Eni and Sadida iirc; the Sadi one probably doesn't count since it likely was related to the small Filacia area for cons). Thanks Tot!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #886901  Replies : 174  Views : 5577
posté July 12, 2015, 16:06:10 | #20

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 12 July 2015 03:46) *
but the gemlin driving a fogger chassis.... cute but obviously continuing the ninja turtle theme. kind of a groaner for me.
Oh damn, you're right. The design is nice but... yeah this is pretty much a Krang expy. So I guess we just need to get some die-hard TMNT fan to learn what the next Zinit villains will be? ;s

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #886096  Replies : 2581  Views : 125544