Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Major-Caligar...'s profile
Statistics
1052 Posts (1.82 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté January 23, 2015, 15:38:25 | #1
There's concept artwork on the mobs floating around, as well as a mockup of the map already.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823128  Replies : 19  Views : 544
posté January 23, 2015, 14:12:27 | #2
I love how this questline's end essentially makes the only non-sexualized female lead with, you, know actual agenda of her own this franchise ever had about as expandable as some c-list Sram anarchist who doesn't even look particularly Sram-like

What was the point in developing Pandora if in the end she doesn't really matter much (though hey, at least she doesn't turn out to be a demigod or reptilian illuminati)?

I think it's a bit too farfetched to say someone should get fired for this because it's nothing in comparision to Tot's atrocities of 2014, but the more I look at what everyone has to say, the more I think that potential was wasted once again.

Also, if Xelorium, and thus time, are a mess, why aren't Hour Demons - or the Minute/Second demons shown ruining present plane in Xelorium in Dofus - messing around with it further? I assume because it'll ultimately turn out that it's because in the meanwhile one of Tot's favored mary sues slaughtered them all or something and Eliatropes created time anyway, but still feels like a significant plot hole (but hey, at least none of them was redesigned into a bishie)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823105  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 21, 2015, 18:45:48 | #3
...you have faith in Tot? D;

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822448  Replies : 16  Views : 615
posté January 21, 2015, 18:28:37 | #4

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 21 January 2015 16:56) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 21 January 2015 15:18) *
This thread is comedy gold

first, he's a god of thieves and assassins, not evil, that's Rushu's deal more or less, even if the gods don't consider him one of them - Sram and Enutrof are considered a necessary evil of sorts by the remaining ten for all we know, their moral alignment is questionable as they do care about their own followers (actually, Sram seems to care about them most than the rest of the pantheon...) and so on

haven't done the quest since I don't have much interest in playing nowadays but the Srams have a vendetta against anything Voyager-related running for, what, 200 years? This comes as no surprise, regardless of whether this is the original god Sram or someone who ascended in the meanwhile and took over the business (which'd explain why Gein and QoT left the city - they're not obliged to follow anyone who wouldn't be their father)

Also, inb4 an edgy atheist will show up to discuss religion with usual stupidly edgy arguments soon, drawn by the comment above mine
the quest would make you so angry caligari.... so angry
Could you elaborate, if it's not a problem? I'm curious, especially after RyF's... not particularly enthusiastic announcement.

Also, did I get fashion advice from the guy who gets off to pvp in an mmo and sounds like he dresses exclusively at Hot Topic, presumably in Coldsteel the Hedgeheg mechandise, or are my poor eyes fooling me

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - January 21, 2015, 19:04:51.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822440  Replies : 16  Views : 615
posté January 21, 2015, 15:18:05 | #5
This thread is comedy gold

first, he's a god of thieves and assassins, not evil, that's Rushu's deal more or less, even if the gods don't consider him one of them - Sram and Enutrof are considered a necessary evil of sorts by the remaining ten for all we know, their moral alignment is questionable as they do care about their own followers (actually, Sram seems to care about them most than the rest of the pantheon...) and so on

haven't done the quest since I don't have much interest in playing nowadays but the Srams have a vendetta against anything Voyager-related running for, what, 200 years? This comes as no surprise, regardless of whether this is the original god Sram or someone who ascended in the meanwhile and took over the business (which'd explain why Gein and QoT left the city - they're not obliged to follow anyone who wouldn't be their father)

Also, inb4 an edgy atheist will show up to discuss religion with usual stupidly edgy arguments soon, drawn by the comment above mine

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822379  Replies : 16  Views : 615
posté January 21, 2015, 00:28:12 | #6
Cheers, RyF!

Sounds like Ankama must be a fun place as of late, almost like the fanbase.

It's a true relief to hear Xelorium wasn't written by you and thus you aren't responsible for the sudden inclusion of certain... questionable design causing a lot of discussion here in the game as well.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822144  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 20, 2015, 17:55:20 | #7

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 20 January 2015 15:28) *

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
I just figured that the voyagers stole their power and thats why they couldnt deal with ogrest
Wasn't that clear since the new intro animatic?  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #821954  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 20, 2015, 01:48:27 | #8
There's more focus on Goultard and Ush than the gods because Tot loves his poor quality ocs (seriously, those two are like power fantasies of a 14-year-old egdy boy who's into metal and Naruto) more than crucial parts of the setting, it was always the case - you're probably only noticing it now because it's spreading to the game as well.

I don't really mind the idea behind demigods, but so far the only ones (please note: not counting unnecessary demigod status of prievously estabilished characters, that's its own category of stupid) who seem to have a vaguely interesting idea behind them and don't feel like bad ocs are Gein and the Queen of Thieves, and neither of them gets proper focus (though maybe it's all for the better considering how crappy it all is as of late thanks to Tot)

The most current information about the state of the gods comes from the stream from 2013 (gods are mortal, some might be dead while other prevail) and the dimensions (gods are powerless but it's possible to reverse the process), those two sources fit together relatively well

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #821699  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 19, 2015, 22:06:07 | #9
RyF said only SOME gods might be dead, it doesn't mean all of them are definitely gone and with the ovas confirming they can reincarnate (unless for some reason god Iop is so spesphul that it's a quirk only he can posess), I wouldn't write off any god who won't be inidivdually shown as dead yet. For all we know, the majority is still alive, just powerless due to the Voyager ploy...

There was never talk of class temples per say save for the Masq island, there was "class-themed content" which presumably became the dimensions. Also do you really think that if they have no time for dimensions, they'll out of sudden start coming up with class temples for some reason (which are, imo, sort of redunant anyway considering what we know about religion in Wakfu - it's no longer the same as in Dofus and quite likely ecumenism is the way to go for most)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #821635  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 18, 2015, 17:39:09 | #10
I think you need to stop acting like the EliOtropes are anything but utter trash and constantly demanding more of the stupid ZOMG PARADOXXX crap their background is (it's not like you'll even care about it too much, TT, your posts in the lore thread have proven multipe times that all you care about it asking loads of really stupid questions and never, evr looking at the answers - you just want to waste the time of others in a really immature way), also why the hell is it essentially the new black wabbit costume (to be precise, something really obnoxious people scream for in unrelated threads and/or spam about it everywhere)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #821334  Replies : 12  Views : 680
posté January 15, 2015, 21:59:04 | #11
So no Gein and no QoT in Wakfu? Highly disappointing but maybe at least this means they won't be a part of le epique reptillian transmedia plot - to be honest at this point it's better to let characters with any potential slip into obscurity, as it's clear the direction the background is taking is abmyssal.

A bit disappointed that Wilby ultimately isn't Gein's caretaker or something similar; I'll wait with my judgement regarding the god Sram thing until I'll see the ending, though if it's basically "omg guize Sram is SO EVUL literally worse than reptillians" I guess I'll give it a pass - one of the few things I liked about the entire reptilian-flavored mess 2014 was is the approach Sram and Gein took to the issue, trying to eliminate it by any means necessary while still managing to remain sort of sympathetic.

As for the EliOtrope lore, the less of it, the better, they need to be forgotten (like most recent developments imo).

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #820210  Replies : 21  Views : 1016
posté January 13, 2015, 18:48:51 | #12
pls buff sadida again and all problems will solve itself probably

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819604  Replies : 18  Views : 467
posté January 09, 2015, 01:11:32 | #13
I'd say you don't even need to be human to be converted (Foggernaut/Bworde [or whatever the name of their state would be] alliance leading to stasis-powered cybworks is something that'd strike me as very likely to happen if Ankama ever decided to do something with the excellent newer Bwork background. Shared interest in archeology and clunky augumentation's here already) , but at the same time since the chassis is fueled by the soul, maybe only Foggernaut souls can be placed in the standard (aka playable) model?

I'm pretty sure there's no way to use any powers one had before the transfer, though. Doesn't mean much when you have stasis tech, though, fair deal imo.

I kinda hope we'll see more about the supposed civil war between human and mechanical Foggers which the original devblogs heavily implied in the future, though with the direction Ankama is taking as of late it'd probably end up as "actually it was all a reptilian ploy" or something
(slightly related side note: I really like the implications regarding the human Foggernauts all of this bears - how incompetent rulers Adale and his ancestors had to be if it's probably better to give up on your life and become a featureless genderless mechanical shell? The entire conflict could be an interesting tale of fight between anachronism and progress for the sake of progress. If only Ankama wasn't focused on hte epikz and le Yugoz, with a hint of horrible redesigns...)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #818530  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 06, 2015, 23:23:43 | #14
"The dimensions will not be closed, of course, or no-one could do their content in the future (and that would be silly).

But no more content for the Divine Dimensions is planned for the time being"

Nerodos on the Dofus forums, 4th of December. Situation's the same for Wakfu, I'll post a direct link from this thread if I won't forget to.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #817943  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 06, 2015, 22:39:39 | #15
From at least two separate official statements regarding the topic, perhaps? Those posted in this very thread, iirc?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #817931  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 06, 2015, 21:59:40 | #16
Nelson did post it. Around 4 months ago.

It means nothing now, there will be no more dimensions.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #817918  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 06, 2015, 11:30:54 | #17
Why am I not surprised that the only people who care about this garbage are the masterminds behind the BIG TREE and CAWWOT DOFUS MULTIMEN?

I'm going to bring up your enthusiasm for le elitropz epikk lore every time you'll start whining that we're not getting something that was promised earlier, because this is the very reason everything's going downhill nowadays: because some people had to spend too much time screaming for utter garbage constantly (playable Eliatropz, more le Yugo epikk adventures, not accepting that not every single class will appeal to your narrow aesthetical standards and so on).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #817802  Replies : 1618  Views : 62162
posté January 06, 2015, 00:10:15 | #18
If you wouldn't be so enthusiastic about the ova maybe we'd have the Osamodas dimension, blame yourself

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #817728  Replies : 32  Views : 1262
posté January 05, 2015, 23:38:10 | #19
everything looks
like some sort of
experimental poetry

when you type
this way
like the op did

it's annoying
to read

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #817722  Replies : 32  Views : 1262
posté January 04, 2015, 18:14:43 | #20
What if Ankama had more artists who realize women tend to have spines too

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #817450  Replies : 30  Views : 1181