Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Major-Caligar...'s profile
Statistics
847 Posts (1.75 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 14:03:51 | #1
Ice magic totally distinct from Xelor magic that for some reason involves teleportation, illusions, sinistros and a hourglass, yeeeeah.

There are no logical conclusions here other that "ovas are a mess and shall not be taken seriously", and it's not just a matter of Harebourg.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789960  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 13:58:00 | #2
Can we... uh, move personal issues out of the thread? ;-; I'm in theory still responsible for maintaining it, and considering how RyF might check it in the few following days again, it'd be nice if at least the next page could look like rational criticism of the ovas or something.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789956  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 13:49:57 | #3
Would be neato to not act like I'm incapacitated, either, which you both did in this thread. I can explain my actions myself.

Also there's a difference between making suggestions and coming up with something with no canon backup over and over, which certain people do often. Just saying.

Even if not all depictations of god Xelor have bandages, how does it change the fact that bandageless Xelors are some sort of atrocity which only proves that ovas aren't written well? I don't see a point in "salvaging" anything, we just need to ignore it, move on and wait what RyF will come up with next because his writing always preserves continuity and I can't find a single disappointment in his works.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - October 24, 2014, 13:51:58.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789949  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 13:43:18 | #4
Xelor's commandments mention the bandages directly though

"Thou shalt ensure thy bandages are fastened before each teleportation". It's the key aspect of Xelor culture, bandages define what a Xelor is.

There's a grand total of, what, 3 images of Xelor? Hard to say what's under the cowl, or if the arms are covered in gloves or not, therefore this is a risky thesis. Though iirc Found Fragments do make a remark about Xelor being covered in bandages himself.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789946  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 13:02:30 | #5
Thanks for sacrificing your time to let us know what's your opinion, RyF!

After studying both your statement about "T-1000 arms" and the actual ova, I came to conclusion that ova Harebourg is like some horrible sort of Frigost megazord (and Frankenstein monstrosity at once) with Harebourg’s name, Hazieff’s arms, Klime’s face, Freezz’s fighting style and Nileza’s greenhouse, preasumbly piloted by a really agitated Sylargh.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789937  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 12:13:52 | #6
Ova writers don't know what a female character is, so while she's pretty terrifying in the Harebourg scene, I can't say she's a well-developed character as she shows up, uh... twice. Cool design, yeah, but that's about it.

Also, there's a scene in which monuments of the gods with heads knocked off are shown. Sram's is still based on the old (inferior) design, imo a good enough reason to not take the ovas into account as canon. ;P

Oh, also: Acher, he doesn't have the helmet on during most of the fight.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - October 24, 2014, 12:23:33.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789927  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 11:54:01 | #7
...no?

I have a cool idea. We can pretend ova Harebourg is in fact Dramak. You'll have Dramak's second coming you've hoped for, I'll have less things to complain about.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789922  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 10:10:38 | #8
I will say this is a scene which proves that the ova writers didn't bother with either checking how Xelors work as zapping around without bandages should've pretty much killed him and making sure they know about which character they're writing.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - October 24, 2014, 10:16:54.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789909  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 01:57:10 | #9
Someone has to balance the pointless enthusiasm of people ignoring both inconsistency and the problematic aspects of the plot, sorry if I jump to conclusions about your statements so far, but I think that at this point it's justified.

Oh, almost forgot: really loving how the dragons are sentient being capable of speech before the ovas and then get turned into mindless beasts. Also A+ characterization on Otomai, I really wanted to see Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789826  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 01:45:09 | #10
"It's been a common theme lately" doesn't justify bad writing. It's still stupid. Don't get how generic white guy with a OH SO SCARY scar is an "alright design". Also he's tall and has beefy arms, neither of these are elements featured in any of Harebourg's prievous design, even the ancient one with red robes.

Oh well, at least now I'm glad Freezz's not in the ovas.

Ultimate fate of everyone:

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Harebourg - gets frozen (preasumbly to death) by the main villainDarkness Knight and his team - get thrown into lava, die off-screen. Scene's pretty distasteful imoOgrest - Otomai rips the dofus from his guts (apparently someone decided it'd be cool if Ogrest ate them), Ogrest reverts to his baby formUsh - does nothing, really, then disappears.Remington/Percimol/Maskemane: see above, no explanation for their presence is givenRuel/Amalia/Evangelyne - they... uh, exist, serving as backgroundYugo - transcends all limits with the power of MANPAINTristepin - see above. Also a dragon bites off his arm and he has no problem with blood loss.Main villain (the lady with horns from Ogrest manga): does reptillian overlord stuff. Also freezes HArebourg for failing or something. Also coverts Adamai to evil.
Goultard - conquered Shushutuft Crust (sic) and can telepatically communicate with Tristepin. It looked really cheap.

Also, there are legitimate reptilians involved

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - October 24, 2014, 01:52:56.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789822  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 01:01:53 | #11
I've finished them.

It's like a Michael Bay movie, that's the exact opposite of a compliment coming from me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789810  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 00:31:51 | #12
Update, guys: Darkness Knight has the worst death scene I've seen since the Transformers movies.

You know... you shouldn't show the good guys laughing and hugging right after they've pushed someone into lava, especially when the audience can still hear the screams in the background. It's pointless edginess.

DK is the last character I would mourn, but since this scene was just plain disgusting...

Oh, there's another one in which Yugo throws random villagers around, too.

RyF, I really appreciate your work, but watching the ovas makes it really hard to like the bacgkround anymore. I'm sorry. :c

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789806  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Today - 00:00:04 | #13
Oh cool, yeah, totally makes sense to abandon the faceless look for a goddamn cross of an anime protagonist and Bendadryl Candlesnatch.

Quote (monsterslam @ 23 October 2014 23:59) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 23 October 2014 23:04) *
Spoilers, spooooilers.

I want to know who did this. Who thought it's a good idea. Just... auuuugh.
But..Aren't xelors supposed to be covered in bandages..I may not be a fan of Harebourg, but this is kind of..I can't even describe it.
WELCOME TO THE OVA LANDS.

No, but seriously, I'm almost done with all 3. They're horrible, I really hope they will keep the game away from whoever wrote them and planned those redesigns.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789800  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Yesterday - 23:40:01 | #14
Yeah, would be cute if I wasn't asexual and aromantic, I guess.

Too bad it's how Harebourg looks in the ovas.

Btw, after having actually seen the two first ones: if that's the sign of things to come, you may needs a replacement for me

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789797  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Yesterday - 23:04:27 | #15
Spoilers, spooooilers.

I want to know who did this. Who thought it's a good idea. Just... auuuugh.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789792  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Yesterday - 19:36:41 | #16
Tot made an announcement about the ovas on the French forums. I won't translate the entirity of it since it'd be pointless and I don't feel like copy-pasting 2 pages of stuff like calling fictional characters his children, so have the most important part, sorry for potential small errors and such:

"Regarding your thoughts on possible problems of the background, I wanted you to reassure you that everything will be explained to you in the years to come. Especially in the DOFUS film(s). And I hope you believe me when I tell you it’s gonna be epic"

Considering how ~~epic~~ the ovas and making everyone a demigod are, I'd rather not hear that and wait for more stuff like the information on Bworks from the Wild Estate quest, it might not be ~~epic~~ but it's at least interesting and pleasant tor ead.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789725  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Yesterday - 18:38:13 | #17
Hmmmm... Looking at it again - isn't this summary missing that scene with Harebourg communicating with someone (that one which we mistook for a hint about Midnight) in the very beginning, that all sources mentioned back in May? Was it cut or what?

I told it once already, but... the "stronger is right" philosophy doesn't really sound too well.

Truth to be told, I can't wait for the premiere solely because it'll mean we'll be able to stop waiting for anything related to the ovas and let them be forgotten like they should be. It's not really a matetr of contunity anymore, they're just... uh, as much as this phrase is overused, sending a problematic message through this and the way pretty much all female characters are portrayed.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - October 23, 2014, 18:55:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789715  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Yesterday - 14:34:59 | #18
Djaul's chin though...

Personally I'd expect Jiva in Xelorium if anything, considering how Xelor's the one who recommended her, Djaul has no business in being there.

Also, wow, ova spoiler I actually enjoy!

It's that horned lady from the Ogrest manga. Looks more or less the same (manga design for comparision, sorry for horrible quality), just a tiny bit more alien. My wild guess is that she might be the dragon descendant that's mentioned as one of the members of the ~~Others~~. Either way, she's cool (though if my theory is right and she's of reptilian descent the breast are a pointless addition). I guess I shouldn't expect much since no female character is allowed to get any development in the ova, though...

EDIT: oh, glad to see you shared it here as well, Acher. Weeeell... This sure is a mess and I'm still not eager to accept the ovas as canon, but damn, sure is nice to get fuel for more Eliatrope hate. Bad writing is approaching the new Batman movies level. ;D

Also, if Harebourg's actually willing to help the island first and foremost (and at the same time -somehow- he's 100% evil in the ovas), there's not a single reason to not have Hazieff on board, which is always a good things. I'll add more after the afternoon classes.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - October 23, 2014, 14:44:27.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789675  Replies : 1211  Views : 38186
posté Yesterday - 13:45:23 | #19
Personally I think Atcha should simply cover all harvesting professions for the sake of keeping the system unified. And it'd help a lot with all those skins that you can only harvest a single piece of from a mob (especially common on Wabbit Island)...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789662  Replies : 13  Views : 442
posté Yesterday - 13:42:44 | #20

Quote (Reg3e @ 23 October 2014 13:29) *

Quote (Hudski @ 23 October 2014 12:52) *
You can bold as many random words in your post as you like, but let's seriously not start fearmongering because I can't stand being on these forums when everyone is running around crapping themselves violently.

I'm just pointing out main points, easier for those who aren't fond of long text. D:

Plus, i'm just bringing awareness and giving my thought how they're using Phaeris server as a test ground before opening it to the rest of the servers.
In other news, water is wet.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789661  Replies : 53  Views : 988