Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Major-Caligar...'s profile
Statistics
683 Posts (1.61 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 12:37:23 | #1

Quote (Delaz @ 27 August 2014 08:46) *
Since we one the topic of Frigotst. Anyone could enlighten me on who is Nileza and the importance of his Vault in wakfu?

Jolly old man who likes helping people and talking to ice fairies

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766760  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté Yesterday - 18:26:35 | #2
Even if anyone had it, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to share scans or something in an official thread. ;v

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
but if anyone does, I also wouldn't mind a link

Also, quick observation from beta, spoiler for more dramatic effect:

All 3 zones of Frigost already have the mercenary camps added, unlike... uh, pretty much any other area in the game apart from Astrub; they're still lacking npcs, though... Which doesn't change the fact that it might be the right time for hype, we might get some clues, looking at RyF's post about the new short quests.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766570  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté Yesterday - 02:38:27 | #3
WTB Animated Shelves and Enurado resources As in the title - I'm looking for 5 animated shelves from the Enurado mobs, as well as 59 pieces of kamaquat wood and 52 pieces of rust mineral ore. If you have any of these (or preferably all), send me a message or reply in this thread.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - August 27, 2014, 01:54:47.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #766387  Replies : 0  Views : 40
posté August 20, 2014, 19:41:19 | #4
Not possible... at least for now, there was a shady hint about possible transfer service in the future in one of the Amara threads, but nothing solid.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764794  Replies : 12  Views : 475
posté August 20, 2014, 18:26:26 | #5
Yeah, and at the same time they don't look like Nox's clock or Harebourg's tower - I was afraid that they won't be able to make Xelorium distinct enough from them, luckily there's nothing to fear. I like how the entire dimension looks like it's slowly crumbling to dust, while it's not as appealing to me as Srambad, it's definitely much better looking than Enurado (speaking of that, expect screenshots around next weekend, I'm finally coming back...).

Also, if my weak eyes serve me well, god Xelor wasn't redesigned, if those paintings are anything to go by.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764777  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 20, 2014, 17:47:38 | #6
Guys, I would advise to keep N the Hedgehog out of the thread, just in case. I think he might be a taboo on the forums after Tot's statement. Since nothing of value was lost, I guess nobody will be hurt anyway.

Also, since Nelson didn't post it: one of Ankama's artists uploaded what seems to be an early draft of Xelorium to his gallery (3 most recent images.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764762  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 19, 2014, 13:27:28 | #7
Iirc Grou lost 10% damage, but the resistance penalty was lowered to -10%.

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #764416  Replies : 502  Views : 21770
posté August 19, 2014, 11:34:21 | #8
Those are based on the unused concept art from 2008 (or earlier) and won't made it into the actual game (dunno what will be the fate of the baby Ogrest and Katar shown alongside them, only Nidas, QoT and Dark Vlad were confirmed as future releases and iirc only those "Harebourgs" were stated to be old unused prototypes). The mechanical eye from the ovas is apparently simply a glowing circle, basically a monocle.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764394  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 18, 2014, 18:10:36 | #9
Reliable summaries from reliable sources independent from each other delivered a day after the con is what my judgement is based on. The rest of the episodes wasn't shown, so we're operating entirely on the dvd description in regards to them (but if the episode summary is "Tristepin goes to solo Ogrest", there's nothing more we need to know...). Before you'll ask: no, visuals won't save thsi thing. :x It was a bit hard for me to reach France around that time (20 hours by bus, maybe a bit more) due to finals, therefore I haven't seen this garbage in person (I'm definitely not upset by that, though).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764149  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 18, 2014, 17:52:36 | #10

Shit, this might mean that translating it to Polish and the to English wasn't as great of an idea than I've assumed. :C The point stands, though

It's 10 times as gruesome as we described, there are 3 episodes and we're contantly poking fun at/complaining about one. The rest isn't better. Do the math.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764143  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 18, 2014, 17:40:55 | #11

Yuuup, the "for ages" part preeeetty much eliminates Amalia from the list. think of it, she's 16, that doesn't count as "for ages" for someone who has lived for centuries already. Granted, ovas are so poorly written that logic may not apply.
Is it that bad, you ask? I'm pretty sure we're reading the same lore thread, sooo that's a question you should ask yourself. ;V

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764139  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 18, 2014, 17:08:10 | #12

Grimack, try to translate it again, I'm 99% sure that the phrasing eliminates this option. Also, bear in mind that it's quite likely that this line isn't even in the ova :x A plenty has changed in the meanwhile, and let's not forget the most significant legal battle in Ankama's history.

Overall, I think that trying to come up with anything coherent with this ova garvage is pointless. It simply won't fit. It's harder to link it to the game/manga/whatever than the infamous DP announcement. But hey, we still haven't seen the final part of the quest, and RyF's track record is excelelnt, so there's nothing to worry about. Unless since it's pushed back, someone decided to rework it in the vein of the ovas - I hope it's not the case, though. That would be even more stupid than the frozen carrot helmet. :I

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764134  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 18, 2014, 16:58:43 | #13
It's just an observation based on the tone of some replies, not my opinion. My political opinions aren't featured in this thread, and definitely have nothing to do with any revolutionary praxis or agenda which isn't my own. This was a disclaimer.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #764133  Replies : 7  Views : 309
posté August 18, 2014, 02:42:50 | #14
Oh boy, a change on Remington's political scene? That's a true rarity. Almost makes me believe that democracy still has a meaning in this game.

Too bad that it looks like, sadly, the only change is getting the worse of two evils for a short period of time - I mean, the threads about the prievous governor weren't very enthusiastic either lately, and neither seem to be some replies in this thread. Which sounds like a classical "lesser evil" scenario: the prefered choice isn't perfect, but the situation is stable and pk's don't happen randomly. However... Maybe population of Bonta, or the server in general, should take clues from that and think again about the very concept of elections? Maybe you don't have to stick to chosing the lesser evil over and over again and living in fear of the bigger one? Democracy isn't healthy when it's all about picking the lesser evil, that's all I'm saying. Maybe the sudden return of Cloudi's rule is supposed to be a sign that something needs to be changed. Maybe not. Food for thought.

(also, damn, such a nice drama during my holidays... I'll miss so much by not having access to the game ;_ 

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #763991  Replies : 7  Views : 309
posté August 15, 2014, 15:33:13 | #15

Quote (Leon-Kiron @ 15 August 2014 12:08) *
What about the Goultard's wife dilemma? Click here
Considering what Nelson posted about the canon value of the manga? The version with one wife killed by Katar seems to be the, uh... more canon one. Especially since at least one of the 3 wives from the manga is a joke character. In addition to that, there's a not very solid piece of proof that this is the canon version of the events: a prototype of Katar's krosmaster figure shown recently is based on the Goultard special, not manga, design. So as a whole, I think that the canon explanation would be that legends - aka the manga - blew things out of proportion.

@Grimack - the main clue regarding different approach are RyF's frequent reminders about valid info coming from many pieces of media, I believe. Regarding the others in the Ogrest manga (although I'm pretty sure it was brought up already? I might be wrong, though) - there's a scene in it which shows crystals Harebourg is using to communicate with the "others" (sooo that's what he meant by "they're never far away"...). It seems that the manga will also provide us with the names of the rest of the memebers and associates of this group - so that's probably what RyF was hinting at when he said that we might get the information from somewhere else.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763315  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 14, 2014, 16:10:36 | #16
Sabi's new post in the beta subforum states that all items obtained from the machines will be bound to account, not character - "all items" means "relic fragments as well", so relics made with said fragments will be equippable by sidekicks, as they're part of the same account.

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #762907  Replies : 502  Views : 21770
posté August 14, 2014, 16:08:32 | #17
Well, there's alway the "game and show are separate" school of thinking... Which seems pretty attractive right now, actually, since the ovas throw everything we've learned out of the window. And are simply poorly written, unlike most pieces of media we're talking about here, it's not the matter of canon - I'm pretty sure I said it either here, or on tumblr, or both here and on tumblr multiple times. It's like another take on the setting, which is infintely worse than anything before. Including Les Gardiens and the Dofus Arena manga.

And, I dunno, RyF's reply wasn't very optimistic if I'm interpreting it correctly...? I guess this is the closest thing to "don't take ovas seriously" we'll get from anyone official... ;V I can be wrong, though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762906  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 14, 2014, 15:55:39 | #18

Quote (Calleen @ 14 August 2014 15:24) *
with new system it will be possible to trade relic with your other character on the same acc? If yes, i like this change, it will allow some people get relic for themself
Yup, it looks like they'll be bound to account, like the two low level epics from last update - so it means that you can trade them to other characters on the same account through sidekicks or account chest.

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #762902  Replies : 502  Views : 21770
posté August 14, 2014, 15:54:01 | #19
But it matches the
rumors about Harebourg wearing an ice mask in the first ova episode from two independent sources

Aaaand RyF's phrasing made it unclear whether this... thing is in the ovas or not. Since they're a trainwreck and contradict canon in multiple new, exciting ways I guess it doesn't matter all that much, anyway.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762901  Replies : 786  Views : 26346
posté August 14, 2014, 14:04:41 | #20
As nice as it sounds, dial sharing would make things a bit too easy, in my opinion. The only thing which might require changes is the hydrand, although I'm not even sure if anyone uses it...? Since probably not, this problem solved itself.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762884  Replies : 8  Views : 226