Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Major-Caligar...'s profile
Statistics
633 Posts (1.61 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 21, 2014, 12:49:32 | #1
I know that Dathurians have problems with reading comprehension (which apparently often leads to sharing false information in certain thread, I guess?), but I said the opposite, dude. The rest looks out of place, not Merkator. It's not the fact that their designs are silly, I feel like the spandex/Power Rangers look doesn't go well with the rest of the game

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755641  Replies : 9  Views : 326
posté July 21, 2014, 03:41:07 | #2

Quote (Nox16 @ 21 July 2014 03:18) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 July 2014 02:59) *
I actually hardcore ship decepticod and kralaman

am i the only one who feels like they are like sidekick material? lardevil kralaman and decepticod not boring fogger that literally everyone forgot about
you shut yo mouth merkator is amazing :O
Merkator > Lardevil > underwater Mojo Jojo > abandoned Super Sentai fish monster

Also, only Merkator has a design which doesn't look out of place

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755582  Replies : 9  Views : 326
posté July 19, 2014, 13:33:27 | #3
Major tries to write I wasn't even aware of the fact that there's a fanfiction subforum. Phew. Aaaanyway... Without further ado, I write things from time to time. The serious ones never see the light of day and usually have something to do with my education, the less serious and Wakfu-related ones are accessible through the link below:
Major tries to write

The tumblr post in mention will be updated whenever I'll write something new.

Thread : Fan Fiction  Preview message : #755237  Replies : 0  Views : 59
posté July 16, 2014, 20:31:29 | #4

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 16 July 2014 16:04) *
The Gein thing is maybe a stretch, as we know already he's a demi-god
Spoiler: (highlight to show)
But could this mean Harebourg himself could be a Divine Child?

About the Enurado update... Maybe I'm mistaken, but maybe there will be an Enurado update in Wakfu as well?
Eh, Harbourg can't be Xelor's child. His attitude to religion makes it hard to believe. Out of all existing canon Xelors (there are less of them than one would expect actually...), Henual is more likely to turn out to be a demigod - he says that he's pretty much immortal as long as he guards the Divine Clock, and it would make sense that Xelor would send his child to guard it, after all. We'll see in September, I guess.

There will be an Enurado update in Wakfu. Sort of. It looked lame on beta. Srambad looks like a real city, Enurado... A bit too much like an extended drheller dungeon. Wit no trace of demigods, most likely. :x

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754520  Replies : 682  Views : 21721
posté July 16, 2014, 14:48:08 | #5
But... what do you want to know? There's nothing to say about them apart from "the Voyagers made them as accompanying machines"...

Also, someone explain to me how that guy a few posts below Nelson's data dump assumed that Gein has anything to do with the Ogrest manga and why he suddenly started talking about Enurado update, which happened months ago and didn't really bring any interesting information.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754437  Replies : 682  Views : 21721
posté July 14, 2014, 19:15:03 | #6
Everything fits together. We know who the ~*~others~*~ are now, preasumbly... but this doesn't really answer any questions, haha. It'd be simplier to guess what's going on if they were Demons of the Hours, as we've briefly assumed.

The journals - both Harebourg's and Hazieff's - were apparently written in the Dofus era, as far as I can tell, so the period fits. This also probably explains that engimatic line about "reaching our mothers and fathers" - at least some of the others are directly linked to the gods in a way which would allow them to call them "mothers and fathers" (Lacrima).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753954  Replies : 682  Views : 21721
posté July 13, 2014, 00:43:06 | #7
No, I said "1950s" which means "1950s". Because your comment could've been applied to this period. That's indeed a period in which both France and Germany had some problems with cooperating due to the two past wars. But it doesn't have too much to do with present times. Which is the period you applied your statement to.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753532  Replies : 65  Views : 1522
posté July 12, 2014, 23:33:17 | #8
I think that there's no more explanation given, because Ankama decided that there's already enough information about the Krosmoglobs in Dofus, which wasn't the case with Virulent Treachrose/Filacia and Protoflex.

Also, um... It's related closely to Pandora and the other Voyagers, because they made them. It's a machine. And advanced one, but still just a machine, judging from what we know.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753514  Replies : 682  Views : 21721
posté July 12, 2014, 23:25:09 | #9

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 12 July 2014 22:56) *
I know there is little love lost between France and Germany, (World Wars, hello)
Do all Americans think that Europe is stuck in the 1950s or is it just TommyTrouble?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753513  Replies : 65  Views : 1522
posté July 12, 2014, 15:08:18 | #10
That's not Shrek, that's a 100% canon character from the Dofus manga, who accidentally looks like Shrek with a meme face and a wig, as you can see below:

Thread : Events  Preview message : #753424  Replies : 19  Views : 712
posté July 11, 2014, 12:10:01 | #11
I'm really happy about the reduction of the amount of mats for the crafts using the seals. The new epics also look pretty nice. The cost of such a high drop rate isn't very high, I don't think that anyone would complain about those items becoming account-bound. Maybe it's worth applying similar conditions to more of those items? Although on the other hand some dungeon achievements are hard to get currently...

Oh, also, why doesn't the environmental quest mob list feature the quest Northern Chafers? They also drop special items (Herr Peece's gloves/Snowfoux set).

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #753089  Replies : 100  Views : 4427
posté July 11, 2014, 11:21:25 | #12

This image represent everything Brakmar means to me. I've decided to entitle it "The >tfw goblin stares at the horizon and thinks about his career". It's a portrait of a great Brakmarian hero of the past days. While it probably doesn't match the high quality of the photomanip above, I'm still proud that I can display my national allegiance this way. Donut steel, of course.

Thread : Events  Preview message : #753080  Replies : 19  Views : 712
posté July 10, 2014, 23:06:03 | #13
First post updated with the questions from the latest pages. :v

Thanks for the hints about Zinit revamp, RyF! It indeed does sound better than the current version. We're eagerly anticipating the other info, too. Cheers!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752931  Replies : 682  Views : 21721
posté July 09, 2014, 21:34:35 | #14
It was an additional gift to on year subscription for a limited time, like the Boohemoth or Arachnid costumes - right after the Hoodlum revamp, I believe.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752551  Replies : 53  Views : 4394
posté July 09, 2014, 15:13:28 | #15
If I understand correctly, Ankama, as a French company, has to abide the EU laws regarding online payments/gift cards/other similar issues. There's a small problem: the current directive, the so-called PSD, is imperfect and doesn't provide clear rules in regards to many issues. That's why the EU wants to replace, or at least improve it, between now and 2016. I haven't read the entire doctrine, so I cna't provide clear proof of the expiration being legal or not (I do agree that it's certainly unfair if you but them with real money and not Dofus kamas, though, regardless of ehat current EU law has to say about it) but it's likely that ogrine expiration has something to do with the mentioned lack of clear rules. Especially since in theory you can buy them without using real money alltogether. This does sound like that kind of problem the EU law doesn't completely cover right now. At the same time, not all EU countires have completely harmonised their laws with this doctrine, I'm not sure if France is among them, though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752459  Replies : 30  Views : 635
posté July 08, 2014, 16:29:11 | #16
Wild guess: maybe that's why the f2p model has two launch dates? At this point, it doesn't seem unlikely that they'll be ready with the Steam business around the end of the month, after all...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752184  Replies : 39  Views : 1264
posté July 08, 2014, 11:41:27 | #17

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 08 July 2014 05:47) *
f2p rabble
I love it when people who essentially want to be f2p through kama/ogrine exchange treat "normal" f2ps like unwashed animals. Hypocrisy at its finest. c;

Thread : News  Preview message : #752118  Replies : 70  Views : 1615
posté July 07, 2014, 23:58:59 | #18
Free? Maybe not. Game-ruining? Definitely. Most servers in Dofus don't have healthy markets. Wakfu's are worse, due to the limited benefits of crafting and low drop rates. Ogrine/kama exchange would pretty much kill the economy. Maybe there are some upsides (although I can't see them, it's the same type of nonsense as, let's say, bitcoin), but I can't see them - besides, the downsides are so severe that they'd outweight any potential benefits.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - July 08, 2014, 00:11:51.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751990  Replies : 10  Views : 346
posté July 07, 2014, 16:39:31 | #19
Kama/ogrine exchange shouldn't exist in the first place. It's the worst thing that happened to Dofus, I hope that it won't be implemented in Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751915  Replies : 10  Views : 346