No flash

Major-Caligar...'s profile
Statistics
699 Posts (1.63 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 00:33:25 | #1

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 01 September 2014 12:16) *

Quote (RyF @ 01 September 2014 01:23) *

Wow, it almost seems (unless I'm reading this wrong again) that the god(s) went all genocide on the Travellers (probably after their crimes of stealing the gods' powers). Now that would be some story!
I'd say that it's likely that it happened before stealing their power. Gein was already after the Explorancient in Dofus, and according to the tidbits available right now, it was his father's order, so at least Sram wasn't very fond of them from the beginning - and it would thus make sense that Srambad was the place where a potential cleansing would start; kinda funny when you realize that at the same time there's a ton of npc who aren't even human in Srambad in Dofus. Makes me wonder what's the real deal with the Voyagers. If all of them were like Mallory, I would probably understand.

I'm eagerly anticipating the article RyF teased, it might help with understanding the current situation.

Speaking of the dimensions - this was posted on the Dofus site:

The figure in the middle is a Xelorium boss. I have no idea what exactly is this supposed to be, though. For now, I'll pretend it's Void Caster's lost cousin..

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768991  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté Yesterday - 00:52:31 | #2
Soooo just a conincidence. You know, it actually might not be a bad thing, ultimately - Larson Omicyde won't have to fight over screen time with any estabilished villains, for now, which will most likely allow to develop him more. He looks promising in Srambad quest, and while Enurado didn't tell us too much, his entry animation looks ace. Also, refering to the player as "some rabble from the World of Twelve" was charming. Thumbs up for the writers, those small bits really help in understanding in what kind of person the magistrangler is. ;D

There's always a possibility that he's just Gein's proxy, though. Queen of Thieves was also - in theory - the head honcho of Srambad, but ultimately Gein was pulling the strings, so I won't be surprised if the plot will follow this path again.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - September 01, 2014, 00:56:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768381  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté August 30, 2014, 12:31:32 | #3
I was about to add a reply regarding pebbles and anvils but then I've realized that 1. you're the person who shared purposely misldeading and false information when Pandora quest was released and shouldn't even show up in this thread: 2. I can just block you, it will make this thread 30% less cringe-worthy. Btw, you still need to invest in spellcheck.

@Kikuihimonji: how can you wonder if it's going to be the next one to be revealed if it... well, just got revealed? As for your second question: in the case of Dofus, it'll be the (for now unnamed) Osamodas dimension. We know that Sadida dimension is also in development for Wakfu, preasumbly for early 2015. For now that's all what was confirmed.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767747  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté August 30, 2014, 04:30:44 | #4
RyF said that Nox is a Xelor during the stream. This is what matters. This is solid evidence coming from a person who works on the background. The Feca origin wasn't mentioned anywhere and is a second hand tidbit from a cm's private blog; said cm wasn't involved in the development of Wakfu apart from the recent anime kickstarter. Besides, even if we'll consider that Fecas are significant contributors to technomagic (they aren't, as far as we've seen so far, alchemy is another thing), the odds of finding a Feca watchmaker would be close to zero. This profession is simply too much of a class indicator. Thus the entire thing contradicts canon, as I already said, and it's worthless. The second part of the reply is debatable, but it also isn't worth too much, imo. I understand that you like Shak-shaka (some people like Tokio Hotel as well...) or have hybrid ocs, so I see where the enthusiasm or strong desire to believe in it comes from, but it's. Not. Official. Believe in it if you wish, but don't use it as evidence until we'll get a clear confirmation.

Putting those petty issues aside before they'll become another pointless messy debacle about nothing: I'll try to post the Enurado quest screenshots tomorrow for those who were waiting for it - didn't feel like fighting the krosmogolem today. Don't expect too much, pretty much nothing new is revealed and it's not even 25% of the dialogues Srambad gave us. But hey, at least the Voyager has a definied personality and somewhat interesting design, unlike Mallory.

Last but not least: Xelorium trailer was published on the Dofus site. Before anyone will ask - winged bishie is a Voyager, judging from his mask. Also, a clear shot of Xelor's redesign, at least. As I said earlier, not much was changed.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767685  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté August 29, 2014, 17:14:00 | #5
Why would he be a Feca, for goodness sake? Also do you have to use this signature, especially in this thread, all the time?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767433  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté August 29, 2014, 16:54:01 | #6
Nox? A Feca? Since when, because, you know, the lore stream from last year says otherwise. Also, Izmar's a CM, not a background writer, so as long as either RyF or that guy in charge of Dofus lore won't confirm this, this screenshot is pretty much worthless as evidence. Especially since the only supposed "hybrid" doesn't display any powers apart from being hilariously bad at makeup, and isn't refered to as such anywhere apart from the non-canon tcg and this post.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767423  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté August 29, 2014, 14:12:27 | #7

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 28 August 2014 17:18) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 28 August 2014 12:53) *
"Never"? Not sure what are you talking about. He's not on this particular list because he's not a dungeon boss...

Right, you got me. Never is too absolute, but if you run through the art and books and guides of frigost, he's not as present as the others just because he has no dungeon of his own. But then again, haven't played Dofus myself, but I can't find any real dialogue of him either, only his 'Hothead'-books, which are very enriching for his character
He has his own small section in the artbook (and on the now defunct Frigost site), complete with unused helmet designs and abandoned ideas for mobs for his area. Also, there are 3 quests in Dofus featuring him - I believe that they were included in Nelson's quest screenshot dump. They provide a fair bit of information about both him and Klime.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767387  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté August 28, 2014, 12:53:49 | #8
"Never"? Not sure what are you talking about. He's not on this particular list because he's not a dungeon boss...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767070  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté August 27, 2014, 12:37:23 | #9

Quote (Delaz @ 27 August 2014 08:46) *
Since we one the topic of Frigotst. Anyone could enlighten me on who is Nileza and the importance of his Vault in wakfu?

Jolly old man who likes helping people and talking to ice fairies

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766760  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté August 26, 2014, 18:26:35 | #10
Even if anyone had it, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to share scans or something in an official thread. ;v

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
but if anyone does, I also wouldn't mind a link

Also, quick observation from beta, spoiler for more dramatic effect:

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
All 3 zones of Frigost already have the mercenary camps added, unlike... uh, pretty much any other area in the game apart from Astrub; they're still lacking npcs, though... Which doesn't change the fact that it might be the right time for hype, we might get some clues, looking at RyF's post about the new short quests.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766570  Replies : 835  Views : 27388
posté August 26, 2014, 02:38:27 | #11
WTB Animated Shelves and Enurado resources As in the title - I'm looking for 5 animated shelves from the Enurado mobs, as well as 59 pieces of kamaquat wood and 52 pieces of rust mineral ore. If you have any of these (or preferably all), send me a message or reply in this thread.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - August 27, 2014, 01:54:47.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #766387  Replies : 0  Views : 57
posté August 20, 2014, 19:41:19 | #12
Not possible... at least for now, there was a shady hint about possible transfer service in the future in one of the Amara threads, but nothing solid.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764794  Replies : 12  Views : 493