Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

IIT's profile
Statistics
11 Posts (0.01 per day)
Most active in : Log Book
posté September 26, 2014, 19:13:04 | #1

Quote (OmgIsh-Swagzirra @ 26 September 2014 16:28) *

Quote (IIT @ 26 September 2014 16:21) *

Class Emblems: Prices in the machines have been increased:The price of " Hoodloken " will change from 25 to 80.This corresponds to 8 dungeons to obtain a Class Emblem.
How does this correspond to "8 dungeons"? Where I suppose you mean 8 dungeon runs.
Each run yields 5 tokens, not 10 so that would correspond to 16 dungeon runs.

Did you forget to boos the tokens per run as well or did you just mess up the changelog numbers?

If you're subbed (booster pack), dungeon runs yield 10 tokens per run.
The changelog numbers assume you have purchased a booster pack.

So 8 runs would accumulate 80 tokens if you're subbed, as opposed to the 40 you would get if you weren't.

Ah alright, well wow ... that's the usual miscommunication of Ankama. It should be about time they got good translators... Every post is full of mistakes

This post has been edited by IIT - September 26, 2014, 19:13:20.
Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #781233  Replies : 779  Views : 9210
posté September 26, 2014, 16:21:23 | #2

Class Emblems: Prices in the machines have been increased:The price of " Hoodloken " will change from 25 to 80.This corresponds to 8 dungeons to obtain a Class Emblem.
How does this correspond to "8 dungeons"? Where I suppose you mean 8 dungeon runs.
Each run yields 5 tokens, not 10 so that would correspond to 16 dungeon runs.

Did you forget to boos the tokens per run as well or did you just mess up the changelog numbers?

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #781169  Replies : 779  Views : 9210
posté September 26, 2014, 16:16:22 | #3

Quote (LioVamp @ 23 September 2014 17:21) *

Quote (IIT @ 23 September 2014 15:59) *
In what way is experience-based skill improvement better than manually putting points in skills?

Also wondering why they keep it that way, IMHO that works when there is no limit on total exp, just on the skill levels themselves. This system was fine years ago before the update.

That is how I and ppl I know do: use whatever skills i need in battle and use respecs to make the build - it is literally point-based allocation
Yes that's how everyone who already has a grasp of the game does it, however, again... , that has you pass through the most annoying respec quest which for an already experienced player is a pain in the most sensitive private parts. :\
So yeah, when people have to find a way around a system that means the system is flawed.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781167  Replies : 818  Views : 23855
posté September 23, 2014, 15:59:23 | #4
Here's a good occasion to revive this thread.

I want to ask about the spell levelling and status redistribution (or respec) systems.
Now that I have tried quite a few of the characters I can't help but be very frustrated with the skill levelling and the possibility to easily fix my wrong stats.
Since this is a game with diverse and quite interesting classes which require some experience, knowledge and generally getting the hang of one's own playstyle as well as discovering the limits and possibilities of one's class, I ask why are players punished for trying to learn about their class? Punished with an incredibly time-consuming quest of being able to change stats. Let's even overlook the rule where that quest can be done only once a month. But adventuring in game, playing with friends and hunting for new equipment suddenly has to stop so that players can spend a few weeks of getting the materials to be able to re-optimize or fix their characters.
How could resetting stats possibly hurt the game or other players?
In my opinion this is a very bad design decision that is hurting the experience of your game. A game is a safe environment where learning is incentivized and instead players are only punished for not knowing how to distribute their stats from the beginning.
Yes, you'd tell me about the free reset quest at levels 10 and 30, but those don't cover it. One keeps learning throughout the game, even at max level one could discover a combination with equipment, an optimization that would improve the character.

Let's get to my other question.
In what way is experience-based skill improvement better than manually putting points in skills? Since combat in this game is focused around resources management (AP and MP) one naturally often spends their remaining last AP to use low-cost spells which don't do much but that's better than wasting AP, right? What that leads to, though, is those low-cost spare spells to level up quite a bit more than one's main spells.
In other cases, such as with Sacriers, in order to use one's strongest spells a condition needs to be met (in this case 25 Angrrr which is generated from taking damage), or simple range doesn't allow for the use of the spell. Meeting that condition usually means that that spell will be used much more rarely in a fight in the cases when the fight is quick or there are other teammates taking the damage or blocking the line of sight. As a result those spells which are the main damage source are left behind in levels.

I have no idea if these questions have been asked before, but if they have been, why are you not thinking about improving those points?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779493  Replies : 818  Views : 23855
posté September 12, 2014, 15:05:46 | #5

Quote (Mariallium @ 11 September 2014 09:32) *
nice work Ankama, 10/10 for vision 2/10 for execution. as usual you attempt WAY more than you can handle. while elimination the prospecting caps was nice and adding the machines back was a great way to even things out. changing nearly all equipment and adding this randomization of elements is a terrible thing. you took a good thing too far. adding the transmutation is pointless when you give out gear left and right. Eliminating the classic beginner dungeons as well as Mount Zinit? i thought we were supposed to be growing strong enough to take down Ogrest, not fighting over who gets to destroy the world. you add a half way decent PvP only to make the 'Opt out' count for nothing. you neuter half the classes in a heartbeat and then tell us revamps are on the back burner? if you were any other game company you'd have been out of business with this sort of development. even (dare i speak its name) WoW isn't this awful in terms of development and listening to their players. I've stayed on when all but 1 other person in my guild quit the last time you updated Astrub. but now i can see why they couldn't take it. À la prochaine! *adds a good ol' universal gesture of ill will*

I completely agree with you. The game has lost all of its charm for building gears and sets, and completely stomped all the classes into a flat plane. People's inventories are fuller than ever with all that bullshit unstackable equipment now with no set boxes....
If I weren't so attached to my character I'd uninstall and never look back..

Great design team you've got there, send them somewhere to educate them about balancing...

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #774934  Replies : 779  Views : 9210
posté July 23, 2014, 22:27:20 | #6
Please fix the citizenship point system!!! When the ecosystem is close to being out of balance and people are active on a map cutting and planting it often goes in dips of lack and then quickly normalizes. In those situation having started a cutting action, which was allowed before the character started, ends up in losing -22CP, which later can never be regained because the maximum one can plant back receiving CP is 3 times which gives 5CP per plant for a total of 15CP. So even an undeserved punishment like this cannot be recovered.

It instead should punish with CP reduction at the start of the action while already showing a warning icon.
However, most times when planting on a tile indicating gain of CP it does not really give CP when the planting is completed. This is misleading, inconsistent and infuriating.

Edit: wrong subforum, needs to be in Bugs, I can't delete the topic

This post has been edited by IIT - July 23, 2014, 22:33:46.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #756600  Replies : 0  Views : 91
posté November 28, 2012, 10:03:47 | #7
Sorry if this is not the place for the reply, but due to the rollback I lost a botique item that i had bought and the Ogrines for it haven't been rolled back.

I submitted a ticket, but nobody has given it attention yet.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #229901  Replies : 1  Views : 1068
posté November 13, 2012, 14:41:28 | #8
Must have been an old description I pasted, sorry

I think I'm quite positive it's not a fire damage recoil. It happened also in a team fight where a team mate would kill a mob and I would get damage for it.
I've been trying to recreate it but it doesn't always happen. Although I think it's always exactly 6 dmg, no matter my level or the creature level.

I see it's different from the damage recoil of my own skills because i take about 6 damage at the end of my turn after the creature dies (if i'm dealing the killing blow), or not even when it's my turn, when somebody else kills it.

I'll keep trying to get a screenshot.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #227167  Replies : 2  Views : 405
posté November 12, 2012, 02:57:06 | #9
Dying mobs trigger Blood Pact on Sacrier Hey, I'm a lvl 27 Sacrier and for a while now i've been noticing that i take damage after a monster dies in a fight when there are more than 1 in the fight. (Otherwise the death screen appears too fast to notice any damage if i kill a single mob.)

I think the passive "Blood Pact" is triggering it wrongly, because it should trigger only on allies dying.

"The goddess Sacrier grants extra HP to the Sacrier to help him protect his allies. However, if one of these allies dies, the Sacrier will take damage as punishment for having broken the pact."
Passive:

+0%(+30%) max HP
  • Combat start:
    • per Ally: +0%(+6%) max HP
  • if Ally KOed : -0%(-12%) max HP

Please look into it  

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #226815  Replies : 2  Views : 405
posté November 08, 2012, 12:20:28 | #10
I saw your post and waited for the quest to appear, (for the record, you dont need to stand close to her. The quest about her and the Gemlin appear if you stand doing nothing wherever in the map.)

I got the quest and defeated her, but the achievements list still shows it as uncompleted i dunnoooo
Most likely bugged, last night the secret chests wouldn't appear either when we stepped on the tiles.

This post has been edited by IIT - November 08, 2012, 12:21:05.
Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #226099  Replies : 4  Views : 982