Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Venusquake's profile
Statistics
758 Posts (0.69 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 08, 2014, 20:14:42 | #1
its funny how ankama is like stopping people from giving them money, the exlusive rewards arent really worth money anyway so they are kind of doing you a favor. i think subscribing after will actually be cheaper anyway so even the 30 days isnt really worth it

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752234  Replies : 23  Views : 851
posté June 30, 2014, 17:47:24 | #2
im kind of confused, im away from my computer for a few weeks and i plan on playing again when i get back, will i need to subscribe for like 1 week just before july 9 to get zinit pack (ive subbed for a year a long time ago then subbed on and off after it ran out) or will i just get the incarnam pack because i have only subbed for 1 week?

im getting mixed messages, the topic looks like its saying you only get rewards based on how many days of subscription you have left, and everything before that is basically payed for, but the comments are saying you get a reward based on how long a continuous subscription you have up until the 9th

Thread : News  Preview message : #750502  Replies : 195  Views : 7831
posté June 25, 2014, 03:07:27 | #3
@niddhoggy
thanks ^^

After what Testimony said, i think its a good idea to change your passwords and be extra careful, i can see gold farmers preparing to hack existing accounts to try sell kamas to new players now that they wont need to pay subscription to do trades.

Thread : News  Preview message : #749062  Replies : 303  Views : 15148
posté June 25, 2014, 02:16:42 | #4
this is awesome news the game will become al ot less empty, i don't care about people having they're 6 accounts in one computer running dungeons on they're own as long as they dont interfere with me. there will be plenty of people who aren't doing that for everyone else to play with

Thread : News  Preview message : #749052  Replies : 303  Views : 15148
posté June 23, 2014, 21:00:30 | #5

Quote (Celay01 @ 23 June 2014 19:29) *
Remove unwanted challenges? I dont have any problem with challenges, maybe new kill 3 monsters etc can be hard but i really dont think ankama must remove some challs.

But if they remove pp/wis cap, or if they make them a final buff for xp and drops as %50 more xp/%50 more drop chance etc. (like in dofus) it can be nice.
are you saying you would not have more fun if you didn't have to do a challenge but still got exp bonus?

take the exp/prospecting reward out of the equation. challenges only take away from the experience. there is a compromise of enjoyment for progression which should not belong in any game

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #748619  Replies : 14  Views : 492
posté June 23, 2014, 19:25:10 | #6
Why Challenges are not good I've come back to the game recently and the game has improved so much since i was away, however the one problem that i have with the game in the current state is the challenges

I was previously in favor of adding challenges to wakfu but now i see how they are actually what make a good experience into a terrible one.

Without challenges you go into a fight with one goal of beating the enemy team while taking the least amount of damage
you seek out gear that helps you achieve this simple goal and the game enjoyable and immerse in pretty much all aspects.

Big boss fights are challenging enough and you only need to worry about beating the boss, the objective was pure and simple with challenges you add obnoxious convulsion on top of that objective and you only really get enjoy the battle after someone fails the challenges.

Challenges are Stressful and cause negative social effects
when you add challenges to the combat you create these semi optional obscure (and sometimes impossible) restrictions in combat that are for the most part not fun to do but you are rewarded for doing them i say semi optional because they are so rewarding that you cannot just ignore them on top of the fact that your actions will effect the entire group.
not only are they not fun but they are very stressful and they are basically the only cause of falling out between players in terms of gameplay mechanics. because if there is a challenge on a big boss and the reward is everyone gets a much better chance at rare loot so long as you everyone does not make a mistake. if one person makes the mistake all of the blame falls on that person and that would end up causing people to pick on that person or even get them kicked from the group and future groups.
even if nobody makes a mistake, the stress of the avoiding possibility to make the mistake still exists.

Challenges are do more harm than good
other than the fact that there were challenges in dofus there's no reason for there to be challenges in wakfu. it adds is the stress mentioned above and it takes away from and it makes the game much more awkward than it needs to be. wakfu is already a challenging game the reason you should want to increase the difficulty of a game is if it is too easy and your not enjoying the game or because you want a sense of achievement. the challenges in wakfu do not really make you feel like your achieving something by completing them, it just makes the fights take longer by limiting your options, your not pushing yourself further your holding yourself back instead.

How it could improve:
the way i see it is that i would rather see challenges executed better or just removed completely

Remove unwanted challenges

"do not deal air damage" , "end your turn with Even ap/mp" "end your turn with 1 or more MP" "end your turn next to something" "kill all enemies in one turn" Theres too much challenges and many of them feel like they are there for the sake of quantity over quality.

The challenges that are good are the ones that do not change the core game play, spoil the fun of the game or change your playstyle too much so that you are unable to play the way you want. The challenges that in my opinion are bad are the ones that just outright discriminate on one play style (like healing or element damage) or member while not affecting another member and the ones that cause you to do something really tedious and specific that cause the game play to just slow down

or

Make challenge apply to individuals instead of the entire group.

this would make the game much less stressful and would not cause as much flaming as if the challenges were group wide. this is because only you are being punished for your own mistakes so there is no reason for your teammates to be upset with someone for failing a challenge
this way if you do not feel like doing a challenge you can choose not to do it without any social repercussions

or

Give appropriate challenges multiple chances

When a challenge is failed you instantly lose all of its bonus, if there was a strike system where one mistake does not mean failure. for example if you would fail a challenge you instead get a buff which works like a strike, and when the buff reaches X amount of stacks the challenge fails or even you could get a reduced amount bonus based on how many times you failed it.
This would really improve the quality of the obscure challenges that you are not sure weather that you would fail them or not or if you fail a challenge by accident there's still a reason not to give up

This post has been edited by Venusquake - June 23, 2014, 19:31:04.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #748581  Replies : 14  Views : 492
posté January 24, 2014, 17:42:47 | #7
so glad its finally coming in english

Thread : News  Preview message : #668837  Replies : 12  Views : 717
posté February 01, 2013, 19:11:51 | #8
no the server is not dead. theres just be an issue with you logging on

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #244985  Replies : 32  Views : 2063
posté December 06, 2012, 03:23:02 | #9
Shushus are created by the main villan of Season 2 Wakfu Anime,

(Iop God) Goultards Rival was a twisted evil black liquid thing with eyeballs named Katar (seems to have possesed a Sacrier and his powers) who did horrible things to goultard (around 1000 or 2000 years ago in dofus time) including killing his wife and fusing with goultards body and making him king king of hell at some point (Explaining Goultards Sarcrier like abilities shown in the Dofus Battle with Goultard event).

He Created Shushus from himself to preform actions of hate towards all life (His Sword looks like the first ShuShu Weapon as it has an Eyeball in the Center)

Spoiler*
Spoiler: (highlight to show)
he is Rushu the big fat shushu that sits on the chair, but that's just a form he has taken, in the end of the Second series Goultard Fights Rushu and forces him to enter his Final form then Takes himself and the thing he fought those years ago into a different dimension and it is hinted that Saldygrove (Goultars Apprentice) will become the next Iop god

There was a special episode of it (aimed at Mature audiences) but you will need to find it yourself, when people post links they will be taken down

This post has been edited by Venusquake - December 07, 2012, 00:02:13.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #231799  Replies : 5  Views : 848
posté December 06, 2012, 03:09:05 | #10

Quote (kefirman @ 05 December 2012 19:43) *
Sorry, but I still don't know how to count it.

As I understand everything is couted from my spell damage - so if there if written in the spell description, that it gives 100dmg, then i put set +10% dmg, put 20 in inteligence=10%dmg, and use some spell which gives +10% dmg, I will obtain 100dmg+30%=130dmg?
The exeption are the bonus spell which don't give you plus procent dmg - how to recognize those spells (I'm interested in fire sac) and how to count them then.

yes its a simple system.

but you also should calculate in backstab damage

(i made a stat guide a while ago thats still holds valid information on all the stats ingame, Ctrl+F Elemental damage here)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #231793  Replies : 3  Views : 480
posté December 06, 2012, 02:48:29 | #11
Damage % Minus Resist % (cap at 25% of base dmg)

200% damage attack on 120% Resist will mean you do 80% bonus damage (18 if base damage is 10) damage

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #231789  Replies : 5  Views : 603
posté November 19, 2012, 18:48:14 | #12
i want to give u my Survivor and Pioneer Set but they are non trade-able  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #227993  Replies : 20  Views : 1315