Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Madd1's profile
Statistics
749 Posts (0.74 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 03:43:47 | #1

Quote (Neneko88 @ 30 January 2015 15:53) *
  • you can lower resist? good for you? o.o stating that they do this doesn't mean much. Tell me how many turns this takes, total AP cost and what happens of ultra powerful dies
  • you can heal more than eni? eni doesn't need LOS for the most part, has more range, doesn't need preparation, and can revive. Sadida is only better in long fights. And with srams and new cra/iop how many turns will we really have?
  • you have a 100% armor? but you need it in "combination with other armors"? talk about weak XD osa doesnt' need help from any other armor
  • you say dolls can tank? tell me how please because greedy dolls have 0 lock, most monster teleport and most monsters ignore blocker doll unless you have 2 on them. blocker doll has 1mp so after they're hit/ignored that turn they're just a slow thing in the way
  • good luck with 40% of target's hp voodoll (the fact that you bring up voodoll as anything special tells me you don't understand what a good support class is
  • "slowly set up larger damage" I think you're just trying to act funny now. Wakfu fights and "slowly" work? And even if it's good (greedy dolls is the only good damage doll, ultra powerful costs 5AP so it's only good at bosses). If you actually skip a turn to summon ultra powerful dolls in a regular fight instead of using 2-3 air spells I don't know what to say..
  • even any can do some damage, stop acting like sadida damage is anything special (lowest base damage besides 1 spell). Good luck again high earth resist monsters
  • tanky how? I can claim I do the best damage in my server too if you want. if you're telling me sadida is anywhere close to osamodas, foggernaut, or feca tanking that's just wow
You know which other class/branch takes its time setting up with many turns? Fire rogue, go to general forum and tell me and what people think of fire rogue.

Just because you can do many things means nothing when it takes many turns and is so low in effectiveness/random/costs you the entire turn.

wow I don't know what kind of sadida you are but you can't excel at solo play you're playing really bad XD I barely get hit in solo play and if I pass turns fast enough it doesn't take forever. You must be one of those manifold bramble/sudden chill sadidas, makes sense. Or one of those tri that can't decide which water spells to use

Go to the list that everyone's making in general forum and see where everyone places sadida. No one can argue, not even you.

I don't understand how personal attacks on me benefit you. I will answer some of your questions.

• you can lower resist? good for you? o.o stating that they do this doesn't mean much. Tell me how many turns this takes, total AP cost and what happens of ultra powerful dies
I don't need to use UPs to do this. I can lower by 99% res/turn with no crits just as sadi and the max -120% with 3 crits on my own. at 47% crit, I avg -110ish if I cast it using full AP. Additionally, this spell has a reset... so I'm not sure how it would take 'multiple turns' since the state itself resets. I question your knowledge of the air branch mechanics based on this statement.

• you can heal more than eni? eni doesn't need LOS for the most part, has more range, doesn't need preparation, and can revive. Sadida is only better in long fights. And with srams and new cra/iop how many turns will we really have?
Technically, I don't need LoS either and can AoE heal team while summoning a doll. I have an eni in my 6 team, and I honestly usually use it for damage 95% of the time since Sadida has heals on LOCK. I think of Eni no-LoS heals more as Emergency heals. Getting the most out of Sadida healing is a team effort, yes, but it's so rewarding that if you're not using it you're really missing out.

• you have a 100% armor? but you need it in "combination with other armors"? talk about weak XD osa doesnt' need help from any other armor
Yes, I talk about tactics and smart gameplay in a tactical RPG. I'm not sure what is so funny about this. Double grass on my 900% damage tri (pre sadi buff) is a full 760 damage reduction at level 161, which is where I have it now (Assuming my half crit triggers). At final lvl 170 build with 1080 tri damage (pre sadi buff) it's 955 damage blocked for 6ap/2mp. Do I plan to use this every turn? No. Is this clutch beyond belief when you need it? Yes. Is this an amazing team play mechanic when you actually put the effort to coordinate with your team or yourself in a team? Absolutely. Does Earth osa do it better? I don't know. I haven't played a high level Earth Osa, but I also know Osa can't DD+Summon+Shield whenever it needs to like Sadi... so.... yeah. My logic still stands here. Jack of all trades, master of none.

• you say dolls can tank? tell me how please because greedy dolls have 0 lock, most monster teleport and most monsters ignore blocker doll unless you have 2 on them. blocker doll has 1mp so after they're hit/ignored that turn they're just a slow thing in the way
I believe I said dolls -Absorb damage-. I question if you actually read what I said before getting yourself into a heated frenzy and fast-typing out a response. If I cast a 3AP greedy, and a Sramva unloads on it dealing 1500 damage and killing the greedy. Guess what, that just saved my team 1500 damage for 3AP. Our summons are unlimited assuming we can maintain Wakfu. Mind you, AI won't always target dolls, and frequently will actively avoid it, but mob AI is just as bad as our doll AI and Sadi is a class that has the ability to take full advantage of this fact, especially when kiting the mob AI is involved.

• good luck with 40% of target's hp voodoll (the fact that you bring up voodoll as anything special tells me you don't understand what a good support class is
I actually legitimately don't see your point here. What are you telling me good luck with? Voodoll was given %based HP because it wasn't meant to be used as a full replacement for attacking a target directly. It servers EXACTLY what it's purpose is supposed to be. As a secondary link to a target. It acts as the last true reflect in the game, and can be used in a significant number of tricky gameplay to expedite fights. If you don't know how, I'm not going to tell you, because I don't see any reason to give someone so doubtful the benefit of my work and experimentation. If you're trying to link base mobs to Voodoll... yeah... no, why would you do that?

• "slowly set up larger damage" I think you're just trying to act funny now. Wakfu fights and "slowly" work? And even if it's good (greedy dolls is the only good damage doll, ultra powerful costs 5AP so it's only good at bosses). If you actually skip a turn to summon ultra powerful dolls in a regular fight instead of using 2-3 air spells I don't know what to say..
Uh... I could go pretty deep into the math here, but that would require more effort than I'm willing to put into this rebuttal. Short version is a UP can deal 6AP2MP in Stench damage for 8AP1MP. Until it dies. So unless it is instagibbed down, it pays for itself over the course of two turns. A Chill UP does the same for 5. 1more than casting Chill yourself. Again, with smart team play you can give many UP's +2AP at once leading to single time double chill casts which ups efficiency anymore (Or even better, your opponent may do it). Yes this is all situational, but it's all viable, which means writing it off is silly. The only downside to using these is the AI. I actually favor UPs heavily over greedy since I can frequently max them if stuck in longer fights (Not sure why you think every fight is short.. The current end-game content is literally designed to waste your time). They'd be even more useful if they didn't clump around a target at melee range begging to be murdered, then again... that means a target wasted 3000ish base damage on my dolls if I have 3 go mele-derpmode, which again is damage redirection and basically means that's 3000 base damage the team didn't take.

• even any can do some damage, stop acting like sadida damage is anything special (lowest base damage besides 1 spell). Good luck again high earth resist monsters
Sadida damage is -SITUATIONAL- and you will see me call out to this time and time again. I call it tolerable and passable when necessary (Meaning if you have to pull it out which may be a worst-case scenario). At full dolls I can out-damage big DDs for sure, including my prized Xelor which is basically in a full end-game set half-runed. This is not viable in a regular scenario, hence why I only reference it to make the point that it CAN happen. If you're trying to use a Sadi for direct-damage, I'd argue you're doing it wrong.

• tanky how? I can claim I do the best damage in my server too if you want. if you're telling me sadida is anywhere close to osamodas, foggernaut, or feca tanking that's just wow
Well... I verified my end game spec today. 7000HP (With all regular gear, no PVP gear), 65 block, avg 652 resistance to all (approximately) 1080 tri damage and 42 crit. If you don't think 7000HP with 65 block at 652 res that can stack 955 armor on itself per turn avg, still pump out 1330HP damage dolls that either have to be separately beaten or will continue to individually stack, as well as constantly create 2240hp heal slaves that will beast out heals until res gets to high tanky. If that isn't tanky...I honestly don't know what IS tanky to you. I didn't even count the +85 res+stability bursts that are not often used but situationally useful. 'Tanky' and 'Locker' are not the same thing, so if you're trying to compare them, that's silly. Is it going to be on par with the tankiest classes in the game? No.

I think you have literally missed the entire point of everything I've ever said.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

I don't understand how insulting my capacity to play the game benefits you or your argument at all. I never said anything about getting hit, I said it doesn't excel in solo, because it takes forever. I have almost never ended a solo mob fight with less than 95% HP, unless I was trying to rush the fight on sadi. That doesn't mean fights don't take 5x longer than they would with solo Xelor pumping out 1400% damage age-bombs. Or my current Beta build Iop which can 1turn any single mob in Srambad. I also don't understand how you constantly slander dolls and damage potential and then comment that 'it goes well if you pass fast enough'. Having slow fights is indicative of having low damage as well as doll usefulness. You've completely contradicted yourself and your own argument in this paragraph.

The reason why I will not let those of you who refuse to lift the negative veil off of your heads sit here and thrash the entire effectiveness of the class is because Ankama needs to know that there are good aspects to the class and those are the ones they SHOULDN'T CHANGE and should instead augment. You guys are asking to get let down by basically begging Ankama to scrap the class and start from scratch. I doubt any of you will be happy if you do that (because they will not make a custom class for you and will probably ignore most of your individual ideas), and I think there's a good chance I won't either, so I'll fight it tooth and nail to support the aspects of the class that should be augmented, not replaced.

If you want a rewarding revamp for the class, you should focus heavily on what works well as well as what doesn't. Otherwise you're going to get something completely different (again) and be wholly unhappy (again).

Peace,
Madd

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #825740  Replies : 10  Views : 408
posté Yesterday - 07:38:08 | #2

Quote (Lynn-Reiginleif @ 27 January 2015 23:06) *
Original Post
Short answer, because it depends who you ask. I'm sure my opinions are not popular here since I haven't been playing sadi for over a year, but it's honestly the strongest support in my arsenal. No it's not a monster DPT, no it can't revive, yes the dolls are re-re brained (painfully so), but the class doesn't feel weak or like a burden to me.

I can lower res on mobs making my damage dealers shred.
I can heal more than an eni with preparation and smart play.
I can reduce set amounts of damage by 100% using armors, which in combination with other armors create literal walls around characters when needed.
I can provide additional damage absorption through dolls pulling enemy AI and absorbing their attacks.
I can create a redirection point on anything in the game, including invisible characters. This redirection also acts as a reflect, further increasing my own surviveability.
I can slowly set up larger damage over time through dolls.
I can spam greedies for fast damage when needed.
I can provide sufficient damage for a pure DPT turn when absolutely necessary.
I am tanky enough to not die instantly even in mediocre and completely unruned gear.

and most importantly, I can frequently do MULTIPLE tasks from that list (often up to half of them) at the same time, most while also providing damage support. It just takes some setup.

Sadi is a jack of all trades and master of none. I'm also enjoying it greatly in PVP as well as on my PVM 6.

What sadi does not excel at is solo play. I've been stuck in solo fights for ages because dolls refuse to act with a shred of intellect, but I have the benefit of playing with a team of my own creation. Any sadi that took a damage multi would be passable in fights alone.

I think the class needs work, but I think the foundation is great.

Peace,
-Madd

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #825391  Replies : 10  Views : 408
posté Yesterday - 06:02:09 | #3

Quote (Gynrei @ 27 January 2015 17:41) *
Water is the Xelor equivalent to the damage reduction branch and i enjoy it. I just hope Ankama can find a way to make it worth using. The problem is, removing AP can be extremely powerful. Especially when compared to shields because they only protect one target and the mob/player can choose to ignore it, with a few exceptions.

The states certainly need to be addressed.

I'm really starting to feel favorable to water producing a state that removes AP at level XX and having each water spell apply different levels of it on Tock and only some on tick (the way it is now) this allows damage to be raised and/or for more secondary effects to the branch. I think that's the fastest and most effective way to make AP steal both consistent, and impossble to over-abuse from our end while strengthening what is basically now the garbage damage branch.

Quote (Papaya-PokPok @ 28 January 2015 08:35) *
I think that the biggest problem with the dial system is the whole PVM vs PVE aspect.

The current dial system is great for PVM but it is nothing but a forced handicap when it comes to PVP.

Kiting used to be the "defense" for Xelor, but as Madd pointed out, with everybody running 6 mp, there is barely any penalty for most characters to chase Xelors from one side of the dial to the other.

What we need, is to somehow make dial a more attractive system in PVP. Just damage increase does not cut it, especially considering that we are already most likely going to have to spend some resources to get out of lock or back to the tile in the beginning of most PVP turns.

A mechanic I'd like to see, is an ability to self destruct tile or dial to achieve some sort of defensive purpose. Or if the developers still insist on making Xelor a sole aggressive class with no defense, then they should revamp our escape tools (underhand, tempus fugit) to either cost less or to have auxiliary effects that either damage or hinders enemies from chasing.

Also, if they ever do a revamp on Xelor, they should corporate Wakfu usage into the class more. Even though I use desync a lot, I still find myself generally ending fights with most of my wakfu points left intact. I'd like to see the whole balancing act between wanting to conserve or spend wakfu.

I disagree about it being PVM v PVP. I think it's more an issue of solo vs group. Group Xel is very playable in PVP or PVM, but solo you can feel how we lack any level of kite or escape, or any easy way to return to a dial that we've been greatly disjointed from, or any protection for the dial from spam spell destruction.

I've always been in favor of dial destruct. I suggested it multiple times during the original revamp, but alas it never happened

I'd like to see the class use more Wakfu and gain a wakfu regen ability (if we can't get more defensive abilities at least.)

Quote (Anka453x @ 29 January 2015 13:08) *
I love the air branch because of the utility but maybe Aging as a support spell would be nice? If they make Timekeeper a passive that automatically stores your remaining ap (3 max) on the dial at lvl 20, there'd be a space for it. Then they can add an air spell that has a less wonky range so we don't have to spend 20 (or more) seconds trying to deal dmg with distortion. Also some kind of sustain would be nice, since most of the water branch is "meh" atm they can add such mechanics there.

Rest of the stuff I can think of were already mentioned; making ini burning matter again, fixing the summons (especially hydrand, the worst spell in the game??), something that gives us final damage etc.

I never considered timekeeper as a passive... I like it! I think that some of the effects of other passives should be split and merged. We have a couple that just feel mediocre currently (Time Theft, I'm looking at you. Master of Time, you're not far behind except for that Control/Init bonus for PVP.)

I'm also all for a consistent air damage spell that doesn't rely on the dial like Punish does.

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 29 January 2015 20:18) *
I agree that aging needs to be the tie in spell but for all branches and ideally as a support spell, however what active support spell to replace is a different matter. I use time keeper all the time, and im not sure how feasible it would be to make it automatic and a passive, Desynch and Mummy are situational, but both are used, so what to replace is a good ?

As for fire i cant comment a whole ton on it, since i dont use fire much, but what Madd said sounds right, and Hydrand does suck

Air : Underhand and Punishment are fine as is, Aging as already suggested should be support, Temp Distortion and Fugit could be better could be worse, replaceable for better options, Aging needs to not be an elemental spell

Water: needs a rework....more than the rest of the elemental branches by far, no one disagrees on this part.

The other spell however that seems out of place along with Aging is Time Control, both seem to be things that should be features of the class and not branch specific

I would prefer to replace sandglass , los, is one issue with it, and having to spam it is another, something that takes way to much time to do

Frostbite is a decent spell in cost and range, but it needs to not only take ap it needs to redistribute on tick as well

Clock is replaceable even if you use water very few use it, Sinistro minimally needs better range and damage

Every spell in the water branch needs a better rate of giviing or taking ap than they currently have, water is the support branch so having superb damage is not to be expected, but even with that in mind it is too low currently

Because Xelors are so reliant on the dial it should not cost a wp, costing ap is fine though

Desynch is probably one of the strongest actives for end-game fire/air Xel. When it was proposed I greatly underestimated it (Partially due to some misinformation on how the -damage debuffs were applied), but it allows a smart player to really maximize the class.

I'd really like to see all three branches tie together in more interesting ways than "Cast aging, cast appropriate branch." It would be interesting if they interacted differently on tick/tock turns as well.

Time control I'd rather have as a spammable 1AP to 2AP, honestly. I think Water has a lot of room for added flexibility if we take the route of water spells apply #state per hit and @ X#state per hit -1AP. AP steal has lost a lot of luster in current meta and I just don't think it should be the primary focus of water anymore, but more a secondary outcome. Someone had brought up the idea of water reflecting damage. I'm not opposed to this at all. I think there are two pheasable paths to take Xelor down.

1. We get sustain so we can compete with current classes.
2. We get mechanics that makes attacking us dangerous to compete with current classes that can sustain.

Either option we should have more final damage. I think the more logical path for us is huge burst and defensive damage, less sustain, but I'm very nervous that Ankama can't do that correctly so maybe we should all just push for sustain XD.

I was also thinking WP cost should be removed from Dial, but if we get a way to regen and more interesting use of WP in spells, I think it would be acceptable.

Either way, I still really think Dial needs a way to expand its size. Half the melee classes in the game can free backstab us unless we butt up dial tiles against the edge of map that doesn't have edge tiles (or obstacles that have the same). That is just... ridiculous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep the ideas coming everyone
I'm making a log of all our thoughts and ideas.

-Madd

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #825376  Replies : 11  Views : 345
posté Yesterday - 05:41:39 | #4
2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 and 6v6 need to be DRASTICALLY buffed for PVP to work. Trying to balance 1v1 is a complete waste of time with 15 classes and constant game updates.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825372  Replies : 57  Views : 825
posté January 29, 2015, 07:33:03 | #5

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 27 January 2015 10:27) *
Finally someone who understands masks potential drops significantly after those two double turns
Who didn't understand this?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825126  Replies : 68  Views : 2502
posté January 29, 2015, 06:39:27 | #6

Quote (MuriCat @ 27 January 2015 21:30) *
/facepalm

So...It's not multi boxing. Multi boxing means running several different clients (which pop up in windows...shaped like boxes...hence the name) on different accounts to play multiple characters at the same time. The final part is the only thing that makes heroes/sidekicks like multiboxing, and even then, it's all on the same account and in one box (thus defeating the very name of multi boxing).

One because it bugs me, and two, to show my age.

Multiboxing is a term that actually came about when people used to use a second full sized computer (aka box) to run a second client.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825116  Replies : 50  Views : 1254
posté January 27, 2015, 08:18:44 | #7

Quote (Neneko88 @ 27 January 2015 07:55) *

Quote (Madd1 @ 27 January 2015 05:56) *

Quote (semcorda @ 23 January 2015 15:59) *
Idea on bramble armor:
Fecas' earth armors deal damge during creating (by atacking the opponent). It makes sadi's armor missing a lot in comparison, since it doesn't do any reasonable dmg. To compensate this, brambly armor could have higher reflect damage rate when self-cast (currently it is 10% I think). Of course, ap/armor hp and ap/dmg/reflected dmg ratios would have to be balanced with differences between feca's and sadi's armor in mind.

The reason I disagree with this is Sadida armor has a very unique property. It absorbs 100% damage. While it's less useful in most solo scenarios, it is amazingly powerful, especially when combined with other armors in teams. In fact, I'd argue changing it would actually be a nerf to the class.

I think there's a lot of room to improve Sadida, but this is the one mechanic I actually don't want to change.
I disagree, leave the "full armor" for gobgob osamodas (they do this a lot better than us anyway). Brambles are spikes and should work in the same way as cactus. Ty Dy7, 3xicted, please follow what the class is about
Only acceptable if the armor itself is buffed significantly as it is currently one of the weakest and most inefficient armors per AP and only useful for having the unique properties that Sadida brings to it.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #824402  Replies : 14  Views : 376
posté January 27, 2015, 06:35:20 | #8

Quote (baiyujin @ 26 January 2015 09:15) *
Haha I love how everyone is like Sadida bottom tier, or below bottom tier and no one argues XD
Good, they'll turn my Sadida into a super-monster with revamps and I'll walk over everyone  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824392  Replies : 68  Views : 2502
posté January 27, 2015, 06:28:47 | #9
I'll be honest with you, this game has been filled to the brim with multi boxers for over two years, and from what I hear, Dofus is almost completely filled with 8 boxers.

Heroes/Multis are a way for the solo man to keep up with that when no one is available and on the US server at least, there are LONG periods (when the game gets spit on a lot) where there is no one around.

They are a huge benefit and don't promote any level of unfriendly play more than the game mechanics themselves do.

Peace,
Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #824390  Replies : 50  Views : 1254
posté January 27, 2015, 06:25:04 | #10
Truthfully, the company bills like crap. I assume they were constantly being blocked by American credit card companies due to this fact. My bank blocked them MULTIPLE times, requiring personal phone calls to the fraud department because the charges APPEAR TWICE from a foreign country. Even if the money is not actually charged twice.

Even for a six-boxer, steam is the way to go (Yes that means you need to make 6 steam accounts with 6 separate emails). Ankama's billing is atrocious.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #824389  Replies : 15  Views : 310
posté January 27, 2015, 06:17:03 | #11
Problems with Xelor With revamp season running around, I'd like to put a set of proposed revamp ideas/options on the suggestion forums for Xelor, as it is my three year main and favorite class. I think the easiest way to address possible changes is to address the problems that we as the Xelor community have collectively found/recognized.

Here's a short list from me to start it off.

Water:

Everything: This branch has been hit hard in the last couple of years, both of the AP steal changes made it less viable as it's own branch and situational in duo/tri. The entire branch needs a rework, much more than any other branch. Sinistro is especially in need of love with no gains from Xelor's passive chance to steal AP, and no critical hits, its AP steal ability is beyond mediocre and its damage is laughable. These are currently positional tools and nothing more.

Suggestion: I've long been considering the possibility of AP steal being a passive stacking ability say after 100 you steal an AP, limiting the ability to steal AP/turn without the need to care about hyper action, perhaps with different spells having it on tick/tock and some always having it (similar to how it works now). Realistically, AP steal is most effective in small pieces and the devs don't want us taking HUGE chunks of AP. Water has always been Xelor's support branch and I don't think that should change. I just think the way it supports should change. If the damage is not upped then there need to be more abilities, reflects, armors, heals buffs or debuffs are all options. I'm open to ideas.

Air:

Flexibility and mobility mechanics: Air has great mobility on paper. Always has, except most of it is almost never useful. Case in point, the secondary effect on Fugit, which as one of the top Xelor's in the game I can count the number of times I've used this in non-6box situations on one hand. The only other mobility on the branch (Underhand) is actually great in my opinion and I have no complaints about it. There is no flexibility in the damage of this branch's spells in that it's all either dial only, line, or pointless. Aging is used as the 'tie in' spell, but I don't think that's the way to do it as states seem to be the effective way to tie spells together post revamp, so IMHO Aging should be replaced with another mechanic and given a new replacement spell. The branch should have more to do with poisons if they're going to even be there at all, with Punish as the 'big hit'.

Fire:

Rework of Initiative loss and Hydrant: Initiative loss no longer exists. It's now just an aging buff. Realistically, all of Xelor's inflicted states need rework, but of the 3 branches, Fire is the one that feels the most complete. With the exception of Hydrant. Burn that spell in a fire and get something worth the time. I also still think Dust needs either less AP cost or higher damage values due to the alternating AoE. That's just IMHO, though.

Passives:

Dial: With kiting not being a thing for Xelor anymore (Common MP on melees being 6 now instead of 4 and most of them having great anti-kite options) unless you play like a clown constantly pushing things into the mud it's time to expand our options. My suggestion would be the ability to cast a limited number of 'off clock' tiles, only usable by Xelor, if Xelor is removed from dial tiles at end of turn the whole dial including off tiles still breaks. I would argue this should be limited by both control and a maximum number of two to three. Range on the spell should be 2-3 (so you can cast an off tile 2-3 cells from your full dial. Obviously the damage bonus should become final damage.

Dial durability also needs to be addressed. As a class that has such a huge and powerful crutch, it's flimsiness needs to be brought into line. In the current metagame there are multiple classes and PVM mobs that can now armor/heal themselves and then destroy Dial and deal damage all in the same turn. That is just not acceptable. My suggestion is to make dial either untargetable with lower duration, or HP based. Large HP, like half Xelor's max HP or full Xelor HP with matching resistances.

Tick/Tock: With the exception of fire, Tick/Tock does not feel like it works well, or has much of a place at all. You can always steal AP, but you can't always give AP, and the power and purpose of AP steal has been basically kicked out the window. This state needs to have more cohesive effects with the overall play of the class especially the air branch. Having one 'tick tock tie in spell' in Aging doesn't cut it.

Prism: The damage was amazing when it came out! I was so happy, but it seems final damage is the new hotness and Prism needs to fall in line.

Time Theft: With AP steal thrown out the window this entire skill needs to be reworked or replaced.

Overall class balance:

Xelor has good overall damage and support, but it has fallen very far behind in burst and durability when compared to the revamped classes or just most classes in general (that can armor, heal, or both.) Xelor probably should lean more towards burst than durability, but we definitely need something to put us in line with the effectiveness of revamped classes when our revamp time comes.

Share your thoughts and ideas and I will be trying to put them together into one large cohesive suggestion for the suggestion forums.

Peace,
Madd

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #824387  Replies : 11  Views : 345
posté January 27, 2015, 05:56:38 | #12

Quote (semcorda @ 23 January 2015 15:59) *
Idea on bramble armor:
Fecas' earth armors deal damge during creating (by atacking the opponent). It makes sadi's armor missing a lot in comparison, since it doesn't do any reasonable dmg. To compensate this, brambly armor could have higher reflect damage rate when self-cast (currently it is 10% I think). Of course, ap/armor hp and ap/dmg/reflected dmg ratios would have to be balanced with differences between feca's and sadi's armor in mind.

The reason I disagree with this is Sadida armor has a very unique property. It absorbs 100% damage. While it's less useful in most solo scenarios, it is amazingly powerful, especially when combined with other armors in teams. In fact, I'd argue changing it would actually be a nerf to the class.

I think there's a lot of room to improve Sadida, but this is the one mechanic I actually don't want to change.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #824382  Replies : 14  Views : 376
posté January 25, 2015, 15:02:24 | #13
Pop open the team finder and start trying to get dungeon teams. Will probably help you meat people, assuming anyone still uses it since it's so poorly advertised in game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823800  Replies : 29  Views : 857
posté January 25, 2015, 13:10:17 | #14

Quote (Neneko88 @ 25 January 2015 04:10) *
Why are we still paying $10 per account ankama?
Is wakfu worth $10 per account to you?
This argument is only valid if you subscribe to the game one time and refuse to purchase Ogrines anywhere but from the website (Which if you are new is probably impossible anyway). If you subscribe for 3 individual months it would cost you 2x$10 to buy the ogrine packs which will also leave you extra ogrines, so the sub technically costs $18 and you have $2 in Ogrines sitting around wasting space (that will never expire anymore).

Or, you could be smart and use the steam client which will let you buy individual $6 packs.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is this argument lost it's 'steam' a long time ago.

I'm so funny.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823780  Replies : 20  Views : 715
posté January 25, 2015, 13:05:21 | #15
While guild bonuses are super-cool, they're also not super-necessary. Most old large guilds will not take new players, which means new guilds are a great place for them and any active guild that follows the correct path will max the guild in about 6months of full guild points (A little less actually.)

This is a tedious but relatively easy task, moreso since accounts are FREE now.

Take it from the guy who put in about 50% of the work to max the same guild two times.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823777  Replies : 24  Views : 670
posté January 25, 2015, 12:52:58 | #16
Honestly... Water is a complete waste of time now with the way base level AP steal %s and passive AP steal %s work on top of the AP Steal nerf that happened last patch.

(Hyperaction nerf is that the formula for Hyperaction was changed....
Old Formula: At start of characters turn Hyperaction -10/maxAP.
New Formula: At start of characters turn Hyperaction -10+5/maxAP

I.E. if you take 5AP from a 10AP opponent under the old system they gain 100 hyperaction (20 per AP) and lose 100 hyperaction at start of their turn. If you take 5AP from the new system they gain 100 hyperaction and lose 60 hyperaction at the start of their turn.)

Meanwhile, with lvl 1 Time Control and maxed Master of time I have a 120% chance to steal 1AP for 1AP with Time Control on a tock turn. Then a 100% chance to steal another with Hourglass, then an 80% chance to steal another with hourglass.

Since stealing more than 3 is a complete waste of time to begin with in PVP... I just stole 3AP without even needing to level the spells... I wouldn't bother with water under any circumstances until Xelor is revamped.

Unless you're SUPER-DIEHARD teamplay fanatic. Then you can still give AP. But honestly... unless you 6box a team that relies on it, it's a complete waste of time and I wouldn't even bother. You can 3/2 duo until Ankama desides to fix our wrecked branch.

Peace,
Madd

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #823774  Replies : 20  Views : 1489
posté January 22, 2015, 09:20:27 | #17
I would argue it's the opposite, the more your total final reduction becomes, the stronger it becomes, even if the total efficiency is lowered (such as diminishing returns on resistances) the total efficiency of having so much of it is still highly valuable and desireable, especially when you are essentially the most versatile sustainer alive. The diference in a 67 final res and 70 final res character is definitely noticeable. Even 76 to 79 is a very noticeable jump.

The arguable exception to this is in PVM where damage output can oftentimes overshadow sustainability, but even there, unless you can take a major that gives you significant boosts to overall utility or damage, I think resistances is the way to go.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #822764  Replies : 6  Views : 973
posté January 22, 2015, 09:15:19 | #18
As was stated, levels will become much more important than gear. In the time it takes you to finish most gear sets, you will be ready for the next set.

If you're determined you can mix Lunar, Arach, Dark Hurl, Rat, Excarnus, Vampyro, Moowolf, Milkar and probably a few others I can't remember to duo element in the 70-100 range. Since set bonuses aren't a thing anymore you can mix and match as needed.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #822763  Replies : 3  Views : 284
posté January 22, 2015, 09:06:36 | #19
Truthfully, I don't think of this boss' design as a puzzle. I think if it as a time sink, and it does a GREAT job at that. A puzzle is difficult to figure out and understand, and then becomes manageable in a timely fashion afterwards. A boss like Merkator... I would consider that a puzzle. You get a set turn limit to figure out and follow the guidelines to win. This boss is designed to take damage absurdly slowly, for reasons unknown, and therefore take forever. The fight is manageable and winable fairly easily from what I have seen today, but at what cost?

When your boss takes longer than the dungeon to get to him with a total time investment in multiple hours... Iunno if that design translates into fun... considering Wakfu's abysmal drop rates and comically slow progression at the end game... I would argue it's not.

These last two areas scream to me "Wabbit Island". Content that was manageable, but had mechanics so overly complicated, unfair and time-wasting that the progression didn't feel worth the time to many players. I feel like this is Ankama's response to cries of "It's too easy." I think the correct response to those cries was to ignore them and focus on a better end-game player to player interaction system... like GVG, NVN, Government revamps, craft revamps ect. Player/community interaction is what will keep a game going. Grind oriented PVM will not. I thought the game design community started to understand that when games like Everquest 2 were demolished by games like World of Warcraft.

If this is the direction the game is going in, I don't really like it, I'm not alone in that notion and it's been a hot topic of discussion within my guild lately, with universal agreement (as far as I've seen) that grind and time sinks are not the solution to the puzzle presented to Ankama, "Make a fun and enjoyable game experience".

Peace,
Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822761  Replies : 23  Views : 857