Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Madd1's profile
Statistics
1287 Posts (1.1 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 11:24:47 | #1
I'm also going to agree Fire/Water will be the way to go if you want to duo. If fugit is ever fixed to correctly trigger temporal Gel, you literally never need any other air spell besides it and maybe Underhand occasionally.

I've realized that it will be vaible to keep Duo gear for a duo build and tri gear for a tri build and just level all spells to max. This is likely what I'll do and take build according to instance, though I will probably go mostly tri to begin with due to the time it will take to level all spells.

Basically, WATER GOOD. Everything else, average to mediocre. You need something to trigger Water's secondary damage and that's about it.

- Madd

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #882111  Replies : 138  Views : 4942
posté Yesterday - 08:51:06 | #2
I won't be taking a third fire spell unless they can provide me with a better reason to. Eventually I'll level them for the passive damage boost... but that's about it.

My tri plans include:
Sandglass, Time Control, Clock
Punish, Underhand, Aging, Fugit
Hand, Burn

I don't think you'll need much else, really. Leaves you 3 slots for actives, but realistically I will probably drop some spells in kit depending on what is needed and will level all the alternative spells to get passive damage bonuses eventually.

- Madd

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #882085  Replies : 138  Views : 4942
posté Yesterday - 08:46:11 | #3
Anime Expo....

in 2003 we parted ways, never again to meet.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #882084  Replies : 3  Views : 239
posté July 03, 2015, 23:11:26 | #4

Quote (MrMunchkin1988 @ 03 July 2015 22:26) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 03 July 2015 22:04) *

Quote (MrMunchkin1988 @ 03 July 2015 22:02) *
luckily they changed it back and they buffed fugit to range 3 which seems op to me
changed rollback back ? +1 about fugit, it was underpowered for far too long XD
yeah Rolback counts ap again not spells.

About Fugit, now with the dial i only need 2 MP to cross half the map... so I move with tempus and summon an new dial wich needs no LOS anymore

hope they change not that much anymore

(again sorry for my english)
You want them to change this?! A Cra can do the same thing AND has higher range/less complicated damage than us. No, they should not change this, it's a great change for the secondary ranged DD in the game and brings Fugit out of the stone age it was sitting in...

I'm glad rollback went back to normal, otherwise that would be yet another buff to water and nerf to all other branches.

- Madd

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881982  Replies : 138  Views : 4942
posté July 03, 2015, 13:45:03 | #5

Quote (Hellious @ 03 July 2015 13:30) *

Quote (Yunru @ 03 July 2015 13:27) *
Groups for this dungeon dont even exist .

I fail to see how this relates to what the OP is asking for. The group for Xelor present don't exists because the dungeon is very unprofitable.
Unprofitable is a very nice way of saying it sucks, is probably some of the worst content ever released and gives you next to nothing in return.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #881802  Replies : 41  Views : 875
posté July 03, 2015, 10:40:36 | #6

Quote (Eleven-th @ 03 July 2015 06:59) *

Quote (Gelgy @ 03 July 2015 03:06) *
I think the class right now is stuck in this awkward in-between state where it's not clear if they're primary support, or primary damage, and they're a bit behind the curve for both as a result.
They view Xelor as a high-damage and occasionnal supporting class. They stated it clearly on the french forums.

Quote (BlackMagus @ 03 July 2015 03:08) *
They wanted to give us variation but lacked on buffing it all together so water is the new meta, you want damage? go Water branch.
Water is not overclassing fire at all. The Gel and Aging + hand damage output is nearly the same. I have been testing this for a long time now, it is actually quiet similar.

For the one turn effect just take desynchronisation, it is a must-have in any Xel deck anyway.
I don't like that desynch is a must. Also, the fact that Water damage matches fire IS a problem. Water has a secondary ability that either supports the team (Given you can't trigger Gel on Tick turns since fugit is bugged) AND one that hurts the opponents. It's highly viable that you could 75% AoE gel on two targets while taking away 4AP+ from each with Clock.... Fire has nothing on that for damage or for support...

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881778  Replies : 138  Views : 4942
posté July 02, 2015, 18:29:47 | #7
This is similar to what I used to do with Gnashville, though with Gnash I focused on making sure the hotel and upper areas (large mobs) were always empty and heavily overplanted with mollusks. I also sometimes would turn protection on mollusks since you can just get them free of environment in Sufokia. The reason penning doesn't work in Gnash is people will actively plant the mobs if they want to fight them instead of going to look for the pen.

It still relies on people not killing all non-clan bonus mobs, though. This is a permanent problem with ecosystems, new players just thrash everything trying to level.

It's been 3 years, I really would like it if we can get off this crappy system. It sucks on all levels.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #881589  Replies : 21  Views : 715
posté July 02, 2015, 17:58:23 | #8
Clear cut the trees mobs and pen them in one small area, then overplant arachs absolutely everywhere else. You will need to check daily and kill any trees free of their pens.

This is why Ecosystems suck and nobody likes them. I don't know why the fk they're still tied to nation bonuses. Nobody likes dealing with them.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #881581  Replies : 21  Views : 715
posté July 02, 2015, 08:51:46 | #9
Xelor's kit still has a LOT of stupid stuff in it. I flat out hate Sadida's new kit. I don't think any of it will be addressed... whatever, maybe some part of it is OP that I haven't figured out, all in all... kinda meh about the game in general.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #881500  Replies : 33  Views : 1165
posté July 02, 2015, 01:52:54 | #10
Linked gear becoming extremely important is a relatively new thing.

New Tokens, Mimisymbics, and new UB gear, FORCING linked gear on players is not an acceptable reason to claim it as a feature for heroes.

'Here, we limited the sht out of you guys, now we're selling you a convenient service to get around that!'

That's actually quite dirty in my opinion.

If you guys WANT to pay the same money for less, okay... have fun with that. I'm already on the ropes with this game. If Ankama continues to flip the table on me I have better things I can use my time for.

Alt progression is negligible. Absolutely negligible. Anyone who runs a multibox 10% more frequently than me (barely on atm) can hit level cap in a reasonable amount of time.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #881443  Replies : 75  Views : 2453
posté July 01, 2015, 22:56:42 | #11

Quote (Hearttyace @ 01 July 2015 07:11) *
First: The Heroes system does do some things better than multiboxing. Matter a fact, it just allows for faster progression and it's secured for the future (Because linked items are becoming a thing).
The largest difference between them is
Multiboxing - Has the ability to pvp across all characters, and better for multitasking
Heroes - Allows for faster progress, linked items transferable (which is the way they're going now), ease of control, and probably will have a cheaper price to sub (Look at second).

If you ask me(Although I'm sure it's biased, since I value the things Heroes provides
more). Heroes > Multiboxing. On top of the fact Multiboxing would just be more expensive to maintain than a single account.

Second: Hush confirmed it'd be "cost effective" than 2-6 boxing (Disappointed Flatops didn't get this out)

De ce fait, non cette fonctionnalité ne sera jamais gratuite. Toutefois, nous l'avions également indiqué dès novembre 2014, nous ferons en sorte que celle-ci soit bien plus rentable que d'utiliser 2 à 6 comptes afin que tous les joueurs puissent s'y retrouver. Citation

Translation - Thus, this feature won't be free. However on november 2014, we had specfied, "we would ensure that heroes(latter) is much more cost efficient than using 2-6 accounts so that all players may use it".

Something like that, I'm rusty on my french. But the just of it, your getting your wish it'll be cheaper than using 2-6 boxes (which is a given as I said it's cheaper to maintain one account against multiple. Especially when it comes to cash items like you so mentioned. I mean character slots is your argument. Puh-leez.

As long as they lower the price for not having the features I listed, I'm okay with it. Also, character slots is a highly valid argument... My second account is completely filled with 130+ chars and has been for ages, I already need to class change one of the characters if I plan to use that account in my heroes lineup. In fact, I bought a slot just to raise a Sram in it a few weeks ago. Most of my accounts have at least two leveled characters. If I were playing the game and wanted to swap classes or have variable alts in 6 accounts, that's no problem. 12 out of 30 slots is easy. If I want to do that with 2 heroes 2box setups I'm short 2 slots. I need to buy those two slots (10k Ogrines, AKA 3.75months sub) and that means no alts for fun either.

Just because it's not important to YOU doesn't mean it has no value to players of the game. It has a lot of value to me and is a very important feature in my opinion, especially if someone drops to a single account.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #881395  Replies : 75  Views : 2453
posté June 30, 2015, 05:47:41 | #12

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 30 June 2015 05:31) *
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Let's view it like this : there are two artists ; PvP and PvM - PvP gives out tickets in advance and checks for forgeries at the entrance, PvM allows anybody to enter, as long as they have a ticket. There are a group of guys/gals. They all have tickets for PvM, but suddenly their leader,who has a banner over his head saying "I want to see PvP's performance" is approached by PvP and given a ticket to his exclusive performance. Should the group all barge into PvP's show by so completely ruining it even though they have no ticket, or should the ticket-less party members wait until the show finishes for them to all see PvM's public show together?

Are you really promoting Piracy? Good luck with that in a civilised world.
I seriously can't tell if you're trolling or don't get it. I _DONT WANT THE FEATURE_ I want the price lowered because THERE WONT BE A FEATURE.

If you compare your example to the two systems functionally, PvP ticket works for BOTH SHOWS. It doesn't stop you from going to PVM. You get more for the same price.

Here, let me make this SUUUUPER SIMPLE. If you still don't get it, I give up. You never will.

You can get tickets to Disneyland for $99 (PVM). You get into Disneyland aka PVM no matter what. If you want to get into California Adventure (An additional theme park/content AKA PVP/Multiple Locations/+Character Slots ect.) it costs another $40 to get Park Hopper Tickets which give you access to EVERYTHING.

We already have Park Hopper Tickets, multiboxing gives you EVERYTHING for one price. Heroes does not. Heroes should therefore be at a discount price compared to multiboxing, just like buying ONLY Disneyland tickets is discounted vs buying Park Hopper Tickets.

Disneyland is one of the most successful businesses ever, if they get it, I think Ankama's marketing team can get it too. We're in the most basic of basics here.

Let me drop one more tl;dr; here.

• I DON'T WANT HEROES TO PVP. I NEVER DID, I WAS MAKING A POINT.
  • I WANT HEROES (PROVIDING LESS CONTENT) TO HAVE THEIR COST LOWERED ACCORDINGLY.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #880974  Replies : 75  Views : 2453
posté June 30, 2015, 05:08:56 | #13

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 30 June 2015 03:08) *
This system existed since dofus, I like it as it is even though I wish for a fair one too. Not everyone farms merit; at least in my server almost nobody does that. We have a fair system and even though I myself use my another account to help if I get ganked, but I get to choose to - If heroes join there would be no way to prevent it if I have them in party forcing me to lose merit even if I would win the fight 1v1. Ankama should not lower the price (even though I don't mind it) for something that is intentional and only done for balance reasons, not their incompetence!

They should lower price if they let heroes join winged merit fights though - that would be a good reason to quit the game for some people.

Not to mention it would show their disrespect towards their own system.
So if I buy a Spinach, Carrot, Chicken and Avacado salad bowl and it costs $8, if I am in Michigan and they can't put Avacado in it because the can't get the fruit this season for some reason, I should still pay $8 when one of the main ingredients is missing? That is what you are promoting. Why? Because to get Avacado's in Michigan they'd have to come through the black market like some kind of blood diamonds and shipping them ruins peoples lives? (it's a far stretch, I hope you can get the idea.) I'm not paying $8 for something without one of the main ingredients. That's stupid.

Here's an even better example. Your two bedroom place (PVP bedroom and PVM bedroom) you've got two bathrooms (using accounts in multiple locations) and a Kitchen+Washer/Dryer (5 character slots) costs you $1500/month. Well, your landlord just said that PVP is now off limits and you don't get to use that space, one of the bathrooms, the washer/dryer or the kitchen. P.S. you're still paying $1500/month. He'll give you Tacos on Tuesday to compensate.

You really support that!? REALLY!?

I DON'T CARE WHAT THE REASON IS. You take out MAIN COMPONENTS (Multiple locations, 10 character slots, PVP, account chests, ect. ect) you take the price down. I'm starting to understand why everywhere you post people act as though you're trolling. Either you really don't get it, or you are trolling.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #880966  Replies : 75  Views : 2453
posté June 30, 2015, 02:49:29 | #14
What a monumental waste of time when they can just merit farm without penalty (Ankama has penalized absolutely NO ONE for farming merit on Nox). You make it sound like jumping people with hidden allies is some kind of new thing as well... that has been going on about 95% of all PVP fights since the system was released.

A proper PVP system is the correct solution to your problem. Heroes are utterly irrelevant. If the system gives less, you charge less. It's not rocket science.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #880943  Replies : 75  Views : 2453
posté June 30, 2015, 02:40:01 | #15
I'm in the same boat. We have too many spaces in our names it seems, so the server refuses to use the - and 3 spaces. I assume I'm locked out til it resets because nobody cares. I feel strongly that I should just start taking that approach towards the game.

- Madd

Thread : New Bugs  Preview message : #880942  Replies : 2  Views : 69
posté June 30, 2015, 02:36:01 | #16

Quote (Eleven-th @ 29 June 2015 10:58) *
I don't see the nerf anywhere. Every branch got its buff, the fire one was already balanced damage wise so there was no need to buff it in any way. The fact that they didn't touch the numbers is already a buff because the damage in general is decreased on beta.

Line of Fire has been hit pretty hard I agree with you there but in exchange temporal burn got a huge aoe buff. The AoE of Hand was way too powerful and was overshadowing the other spells. For the last two spell, Temporal Dust has a good ratio alone and believe it or not, the Hydrant + TD combo is actually viable.

You can't compare the water and fire branch like that. Water was far from being competitive, it is only normal that they got an entire rework. And finally, yes initiative loss is meaningless. Just view it as a damage boost state until they give it some side effect maybe. They just had priorities on the revamp.

Edit : Are you saying that cra deals more than Xelor's? I can't understand that at all, have we been testing the same game? The class damage has been HUGELY buffed via final damage. I can go up past the +50 final damage very easily and the combo deals accordingly. Xelor on the beta is a one-turn fest. The old Aging + Hand combo deals insanely more than the current just like the gel combo does. I find it almost hard to believe it is balanced.
I'd love to prove you wrong, unfortunately... when trying to reroll my main character (who has all of my best gear) I get the message... ' Invalid name - Too many special characters'

Guess I won't be producing comparative data of Xelor DPT vs other DPT, although I did take a long string of water/fire alternating turns pure frontstab for the data -.-....

Kinda pissed. Guess I'm off beta til it resets again. Sucks to be me, as usual.

- Madd

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #880940  Replies : 138  Views : 4942
posté June 30, 2015, 01:12:06 | #17
This already happened on Nox years ago after months of being left completely unchecked. Once the account bans are down on people who 'couldn't have not known what they were doing' that's that. The dupes are as good as legit. Kewky is right, you've got no choice but to accept them. Until Ankama gets a better system to track their game database information, there's nothing that can be done.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #880930  Replies : 273  Views : 11884
posté June 30, 2015, 01:06:48 | #18

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 29 June 2015 23:06) *
Multi-char friendly PvP ? Yes please!

Multi-char PvP for merit? Gtfo.

I mean if you have wings on Heroes can't join you for lethal combat. If you don't - nothing against it.
Then cut the price. Doesn't have the same functionality, doesn't have the same price tag.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #880929  Replies : 75  Views : 2453
posté June 29, 2015, 06:49:38 | #19
If I were in charge of the class I'd return line cast to Line of Fire, cast limit 2 or 3 and buff the damage AT LEAST back to its old stats. It's freakin called Line of Fire... wth. I'd remove Hydrant and replace it with a large multistate using spell that costs a WP, 1/turn would be baller. I'd buff Dust or lower the cost to 5 since the stupid Hydrant gimmick is gone and I'd move Aging to an active specialty. I'd buff the damage of Hand slightly on Tock turns (If you're not Water/Fire fire is meh on Tock. My water branch almost outdamages it at 850% damage compared to 1000... Wow). I'd also pull the collision damage off Underhand which I think is pretty stupid and unthematic unless they want all pushes to have that... and I'd give Air a logical spell to replace aging (Maybe a nice pure single target damage) and maybe even a logical trigger based state. I'd fix Fugit to ACTUALLY consume Temporal Gel, which it currently does not do.

I'd remove the term 'initiative loss' from all fire spells and give it a less misleading name. I'd also make Devote Circle2 or Circle3, castable as a large glyph. Anything but the current junk they gave us.

I don't expect any miracles since this isn't 'the revamp'.... but I expect something that can compete with other top DDs. In the past Ankama could say Xelor damage was lower due to support elements, except now Iops can push things, give team final damage, WP, Cras can give range, ect. Everything has gained some element of support, so things that can't shield cleanse ect deserve to get treated like full DDs and that's not what Xelor is atm.

EDIT:
Cra burst, for example, can provide over 130% in final damage, 18% crit bonus to itself and 90% critical damage (38 and 290 if you take the passive that is -200 to non crit damage, which you can easily get 80% crit with since you can achieve almost 50-60% without any buffs very easily). It also has above average damage values on most spells, and the ability to buff its single target or aoe spells by 50% and consume those states for Extra damage. It can also poison, or cause bonus damage based on other variables. If you compare our damage output to Cra, holy fffffn sh.... Quit Xelor.

This post has been edited by Madd1 - June 29, 2015, 06:59:46.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #880747  Replies : 138  Views : 4942
posté June 29, 2015, 05:38:29 | #20
at level 200 -100HP and -20 init on tick turns on live changes to flat -84 HP and loses line cast requirement on beta... That's a buff to you? Because it triggers distortion and causes collision damage? Time Control does the exact same thing for 1AP _AND_ lowers water res by 40%.

New LoF is garbage without question. I'd rather have a cast limit and better values on the spell. It's yet another wasted slot in Fire. Unless you need Dust for some random reason or are trying to use the Dust/Hydrant Gimmick there are only two fire spells worth time of day. Hand and Burn. Hand is cast gated at 2 and Burn is meh. Fire got the shaft hard, Iunno how you can argue otherwise.

As far as Air being support, it has 2 position modifying spells, Underhand and Fugit. Fugit is more of an escape which has always had some of the worst damage values in the game (with the extremely situation and almost never used portal system) and Underhand is fine as it is. That said, Air has no direct, flexible single target spell and desperately needs one with decent damage Values (Cast gated Distortion definitely does not count). Air and Fire are both branches that could use WP using abilities as big trigger spells with cast/turn gates or multi turn cooldown gates.

They're weak as hell in their current form.

- Madd

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #880730  Replies : 138  Views : 4942