Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Madd1's profile
Statistics
986 Posts (0.9 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 20:54:13 | #1

Quote (Diedrick @ 18 April 2015 20:32) *

Quote (ASIAvixifox @ 18 April 2015 00:57) *
I made a post about this type of thing not long ago, but i did not include specifics like Diedrick has here. I ADMIT, sometimes i run around with my main lvl 163 sacri, and attack super SUPER low lvls with wings up, i see their lvl and give up, because i would have nothing to gain, and their reaction when they see they just got 180 merit!!! from one fight that they didnt even want to be in, is a fun way to play, to me anyway XD XD buuuut the abusers who farm their way to #1 or top 10 spots, without ever actually being SEEN fighting, eh, it really is discouraging to pvp'ers who work hard to gear their chars, work hard to get strategies down, organize 2v 2 and group combat... because uuum. one person going fom last place to first place without earning it, puts EVERYONE one spot behind where they should be.

Yep they really are discouraging people from even trying, and people like Rensuto and Ultramonte who have earned 12,000 merit legitly should be the top people and fighting for government, not some cheater who is level 38 and doesnt actually pvp or participatein the game at all.
The farmers are a huge part of why Monte is on a break :\

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #853164  Replies : 45  Views : 1498
posté April 17, 2015, 17:50:33 | #2
BoE works well if the gear is accessible and the content easily doable. That has not been Ankama's track record, but I will hold judgement until I see how difficult SB turns out to be.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852649  Replies : 148  Views : 2023
posté April 16, 2015, 05:56:10 | #3
Ah, not bold enough! Should be like

REMINGTON
REMINGTON
REMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTON

REMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTONREMINGTON

I'm old and blind.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851894  Replies : 22  Views : 750
posté April 16, 2015, 05:54:11 | #4

Quote (Neneko88 @ 16 April 2015 02:46) *

Quote (Madd1 @ 16 April 2015 02:31) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 16 April 2015 00:14) *
what wakfu needs is new islands..xelorium was like 6 months ago
I disagree, what Wakfu needs is an overhaul of core systems that are 3 years too old and/or simply do not function correctly.

Especially ones that should be eating significant amounts of end game time and returning rewarding gameplay.

Island grind for 2 months is not rewarding. Real geopolitical and player interaction are. Government, PVP and GVG systems should be at the core of the game, and while PVM content can be part of this, creating an individual instance grind is much less rewarding for playerbase as a whole than creating a social experience, so there would need to be some serious brainstorming about how you could create a fun instance/social environment that was repeatable but not a grind... Sounds like a lot more work than making Politics and GVG/PVP work IMHO.

-Madd
islands bring everything you say
blame the 170 levels that put a few level 170s in a new island alone compared to many level 60-100s and a lot of level 120-140s that can never really make it all the way to 170 (175 now)

Problem is the levels, not pve compared to pvp

want an example? did you play wakfu beta? remember what kraloves was and remember what the real sadida kingdom was? It was the social experience you mention. Everyone was around the same level and didn't have to worry about 170 levels
I think enjoyment for all levels of play can come from modified old content, but the first step is to stop releasing 100 islands and start making the content that already exists more enjoyable (Something I've advocated for a long time). The things you mentioned were social because they were leveling areas, areas where gear came from, they were places of interest. Places like that is where many players congregate to progress through the game and will always be social areas (Like Whispers are now, which caused an entire low level PVP community to crop up at the boat on Nox). The reasons why many of the old areas are now desolate is that the devs have more or less abandoned them in favor of the new-new, they aren't as useful as they once were and have therefore been left behind.

When level cap was 100, I used to live in Brakmar, I almost never left. My entire in-game experience revolved around Brakmar, the politics, the players that were around, all the experiences. Now everyone has Haven Worlds, there are dozens of new islands and nothing interesting exists for any of the legacy players in the old content (with minimal interest for newer players). People used to actually worry about wars because they would limit your access to nation only mobs.

The world has expanded, but the playerbase hasn't. Which makes the games areas feel very thin and unpopulated. I remember one of my first experiences in the game was finding a 6v6 PVP going on at Martial Pass with dozens of people around it, things going on. Today, you couldn't even find a single person sitting at 5th Bond, which used to be the HOT meeting place on Nox.

To some degree, this can't be helped when you expand or grow, but what I don't like is that the devs tend to just abandon these areas and systems (gov especially) instead of at least evaluating and proposing ideas to the community for them. (Last I heard was nation location merge like... 2years ago, maybe? Nothing's happened with that. Craft revamp was proposed over a year ago? No progress there...)

It just feels like we're going down the wrong path.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851893  Replies : 148  Views : 2023
posté April 16, 2015, 05:36:19 | #5
Is it viable, yes. Is it the most efficient route, probably not. Most of the efficiency of water spells (AP steal and AP gains) work without leveling. Often, if I lack range on a target during a tock turn, I will just charge an ally with TC/Devote/Devote/Sandglass~~~~~~

I do 0 damage, but still get the effect of charging the ally for +5 most of the time. I can occasionally charge up to 2 allies for +5. The spell levels only allow you to add water's mediocre damage to this effect. I don't think it's really worth it given how nerfed the AP steal formula is, but that's just my opinion.

-Madd

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #851882  Replies : 4  Views : 454
posté April 16, 2015, 02:42:25 | #6

Quote (Gynrei @ 15 April 2015 21:42) *
It's hard to quantify the value of Range. If you take range as a major point and don't use a range weapon though you can.

Personally i think it's extremely valuable. Every time you can't reach your target you're losing a lot of dmg or wasting MP (which translates into AP) reaching them. Positioning is affected as well which can be huge for some bosses. If i can hit my opponent and stay out of their range I take zero dmg.

I swear by gkc and range weapon. Which is why i will not be taking range as a major point.
Alternatively, every turn you don't need that range it is a waste. Stats are a balance, you only need as much as you need. We both run 6 teams, and since I've swapped Eni to a Panda, I find problems with range less and less of an issue (I'll probably have even less if I swap Rogue for Fog). There are really only very specific instances I have this problem. In most scenarios, if my Xelor doesn't have range, that means my entire team has no range.

Assuming you sit at the back of a dial that gives you an effective range of 13 with +3 on Hand, 12 on Burn, 11 on LoF/Underhand. When monsters surpass these ranges, unless you REALLY stick your dial in the back of a fight, you're not likely to have any character on your team capable of attacking. I generally have dials in the epicenter of where I expect fighting to be as Xelor is my primary DPT. This means anything that's out of it's range requires some serious legwork by the rest of my team to get to, which in the current climate of push/pull risks serious injury.

I think it's an excellent convenience, but by no means necessary and definitely not worth the major stat costs for all players/play styles. That said, I would support something like using GKC to replace Torm and getting Ancient... the defense stats are well worth it, but the balance is where you get the best value.

-Madd

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #851796  Replies : 12  Views : 294
posté April 16, 2015, 02:31:46 | #7

Quote (Neneko88 @ 16 April 2015 00:14) *
what wakfu needs is new islands..xelorium was like 6 months ago
I disagree, what Wakfu needs is an overhaul of core systems that are 3 years too old and/or simply do not function correctly.

Especially ones that should be eating significant amounts of end game time and returning rewarding gameplay.

Island grind for 2 months is not rewarding. Real geopolitical and player interaction are. Government, PVP and GVG systems should be at the core of the game, and while PVM content can be part of this, creating an individual instance grind is much less rewarding for playerbase as a whole than creating a social experience, so there would need to be some serious brainstorming about how you could create a fun instance/social environment that was repeatable but not a grind... Sounds like a lot more work than making Politics and GVG/PVP work IMHO.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851791  Replies : 148  Views : 2023
posté April 16, 2015, 02:06:19 | #8
You still forgot the server.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851782  Replies : 22  Views : 750
posté April 15, 2015, 19:55:33 | #9
Doll link redirects damage taken by Sadida to Voodoll and no other doll now.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #851610  Replies : 34  Views : 887
posté April 15, 2015, 18:47:52 | #10
Your build assumes a range weapon since your range can come from Hat, Ammy, Weap, GKC and Stats.

I find range weapons to be highly un-optimal for almost all buids as Pheno costs a lot of crit and Tigus costs a lot of damage.The bow is okay, but not optimal IMHO.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #851590  Replies : 12  Views : 294
posté April 15, 2015, 09:11:26 | #11
Anyone who didn't laugh it off when it happened doesn't have enough history with Ankama to expect this kind of thing. That's my opinion.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851367  Replies : 33  Views : 824
posté April 15, 2015, 01:55:38 | #12

Quote (Gynrei @ 14 April 2015 12:56) *
I use Golden Key Chain and Wa Crown. 12/6.

I'm surprised how many Xelors sacrifice 6mp. If you're not trying to toss out all 4 devotions a turn you're doing it wrong imo. This only leaves you 2mp to work with. Having less than 6 is very unpleasant. Also range is important to me since I usually want to try and stay on dial. Helm, amulet, weapon, and relic gives me 4 range which i can live with. I will likely not be taking range for my 4th major stat point as i find AP, MP, final dmg and res more appealing.
I think Keychain is a good fit for a PVM build. Flax/Nettlez/GKC+Withered are all viable.

I am not a fan of 6MP builds on 3 major. I built my Xel to be my primary DPT, but I also originally built it with the intent of trying to 1v1 PVP... needless to say that's going like sht, and I've since given up. The problem with giving MP is you need to have a synergy to the point where classes can take that AP and use it effectively. I don't like relying on it because during the course of the fight this will often not be the case and having extra MP is essentially the same as wasting extra MP (Though it would help me not fail chal sometimes).

I didn't actually lose a lot of damage by going defensive build and I honestly think the 10% damage is mediocre unless you can break 1500% prebuffed direct damage on a solid build or have other final damage sources (Which is final-game PVM build, Aeon's running a Bygone with a build like this right now if what I spoke with him about last night is accurate).

I run AP/Range/Reduction, I'll probably put my final point into Final Damage or MP, more because there aren't really any better options than because I need either.

That's just me, though. I think durability reigns supreme unless you're aiming for high speed PVM, you do more damage by staying alive, meaning a durable build will be more viable in any new instance that isn't worked out or any PVP scenario, and will not do as well in instances where players are well versed and looking for the most efficient clear.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #851161  Replies : 12  Views : 294
posté April 15, 2015, 01:35:35 | #13
At least I don't feel like I missed out on anything then.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851151  Replies : 33  Views : 824
posté April 15, 2015, 01:30:49 | #14
Greetings APAC gents. May all your trolls be banned.

-Madd, worst Xelor Nox 2012 winner, 2013 winner, 2014 winner, 2015 candidate.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851149  Replies : 130  Views : 1940
posté April 14, 2015, 18:22:38 | #15

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 14 April 2015 09:15) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 14 April 2015 09:08) *
I think sadi could have a res spell I'm very iffy about it. Like I sorta don't like that elios have a res. If they do give sadis a res spell I hope they don't give any other class a res after that. Two people who can res and heal is nice. I mean resurrection spells in the game art needed all the time and they are drastically different for each class. Like a enis can be used anytime it's not harmful etc . Xelors are more a last resort cause if someone else can res they should. I don't know a huge amount about the elio res spell besides it needs to be casted before you die... I assume it only works once. That has all sorts of implications to it. If I could give sadi a res I'd like it to be similar to the old mummified but they don't die instantly after you use them. I think a sadida using a dead body as a doll would be a very interesting mechanic. If that's not to your liking I remember the idea of someone suggesting their res should be doll related like you make a person into a special doll with special skills... or it could of been suggesting that as a self res mechanic for sadidas.

Besides all that I think it'd be cool if ecas got a self revive mechanic *9 lives anyone* no idea how It would work or be balanced. How many classes can self res... sac, osa sorta , elio sorta, I think that's it I'm probably overlooking one. Another self revive skill for a class would be cool be that sadida or eca.
Why you gotta be such a debby downer

It was a miracle when ankama let classes besides eni heal other players I think it'd be an even better step in the right direction for ankama to let more classes heal and revive
Xelor heal is IMHO actually much stronger than Eni since no LoS and instantly revived with Xelor's HP. What makes it more fragile is the huge bullseye on the fragile Xelor's head. Just make a durable Xelor and you'll have less issues with it.

I'd love for Sadi to get another res, one of my biggest hold backs about rerolling my Eni to Panda was losing the revive. Sadi is about the most durable thing on my team, though and it getting a revive would be great to me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #850941  Replies : 35  Views : 687
posté April 14, 2015, 05:55:32 | #16
Nation change costs 25kk, but is completely irrelevant unless you are looking to turn on PVP wings.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #850392  Replies : 35  Views : 687
posté April 14, 2015, 05:51:31 | #17
The player using the gear still needs to be lvl and rank appropriate (I.E. you need rank 3+ for infantry). Regardless, what's harder getting lvl 160 or getting 54,000 Merit? 2-3 Piece Infantry is the best setup for PVM for most builds. Just because no one has done it yet doesn't mean they won't do it and the advantage in PVM and PVP would be quite noticeable.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #850391  Replies : 45  Views : 1498
posté April 14, 2015, 05:43:31 | #18
Drain is the most efficient way to create Inflatables which are your primary source of healing in solo play. Because you can seed and use them you can also heal literally anything while also making a doll that has derpy AI which will usually target you even if your ally is 100% going to die without its help.

Stench poison creates 'start of turn' damage. It is also Air's highest base damage at 75 at lvl 170. A single stench creates 9 start of turn damage, while max of the debuff creates base 30 start of turn damage. It's very easy to max with a couple of Stench dolls, but what makes air so potent a damage branch is the benefit Chill gives Stench and other spells. What makes stench attractive is when cast on dolls the dolls will each use 2 Stench ass opposed to 1 Chill at 73 damage. A couple of chills (you+dolls) can easily net -100%+ damage followed by a series of stench attacks which will hit much harder and then poison the enemy for 30 more turn start damage.

The only viable alternative is 16+21 teta Poisoned Wind, IMHO. That puts it at -3/apmp at teta cap its -12/ea. Problem with Teta is the base damage is very low and its super easy to max out, also you can avoid significant amounts of the damage if you can't be pulled. So if a mob only used its regular 12 AP, max teta makes for 144 base damage + 48 for the spells needed to cause it and up to 144+72+48 not counting drag damage.

Wind does 150+20 for about the same, but gives you more versatility and doesn't rely on the enemy. If you assume Sadi is the only source of damage, Poisoned Wind is more attractive, but when you realize you will spend a lot of time causing damage through dolls, Stench becomes the higher damage due to base damage, especially because Poisoned Wind can be maxed with 1-2 dolls. +30 peak damage and 150 damage per doll puts Stench ahead pretty quickly if your dolls don't get 1turned. I'd rather have both because having both poisons maxed maximizes your damage potential. It's not too complicated if you're hybrid.

Hope that helps,
-Madd

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #850387  Replies : 34  Views : 887
posté April 14, 2015, 05:08:16 | #19
Depends what stage of the game you are and where you're trying to go.

1400% PVM build?
1200% heavy hp/res/block PVP build?

I'm closer to the latter, using Woboots and Souleater, though I'd probably do better swapping to GM Epps and picking up Passing boots. If I could reasonably do it I'd swap to withered+Bygone, GM Epps+Passing. Should be able to pull ~1300 damage prebuff, 610ish res, 47 or 48 block.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #850379  Replies : 12  Views : 294
posté April 14, 2015, 02:07:15 | #20

Quote (LouCypher @ 12 April 2015 19:01) *

Quote (Cairen @ 12 April 2015 13:53) *
never have I found it so hard to sub for a game before

I have no idea how to use 'prepaid cards' or pay with mobile or whatever (and imo they don't seem that secure) but the option to pay through paypal is still there
also I don't have a credit card :v

so what I've done is linked both my accounts to Steam accounts and pay for subs through the in game shop (that uses my paypal :T )
Nothing is more secure than a prepaid card if you buy the card in person. It works just like a debit or credit card. You load the card with exactly the amount you need (rounded up ofc), use it for what you want to use it for and then toss it in the trash. There is nothing left to steal if someone gets the card or the numbers unless they get it before you use it or you leave a balance on the card and even then the most they can steal is the amount you originally loaded onto the card, nothing more.

Some prepaid cards can be recharged and reused but to be secure with those you will want to wait to recharge the card until right before you intend to use it.

Depending on where you live though you will need to make sure you will be able to use the card online and possibly outside your country. (some cards can only be used for purchases "inside" the US for instance.)

Paypal is a nightmare for sellers, especially those who sell digital goods. All a shady buyer has to do is make a claim that they did not receive the goods they tried to purchase and if the seller can not prove to Paypal that the goods were delivered they will do a chargeback from the seller and refund the buyer. I've also heard some sellers say that Paypal freezes their account once a buyer opens a dispute claim meaning the seller can not access any funds in their account until the dispute is resolved. This can take a month or more. Many sellers on eBay refuse to take Paypal anymore because of these issues.
They also almost always cost additional fees to activate and put money on. I considered this route when I was unable to subscribe for a long period, however, Ankama will not even take credit cards from any account but my Xelor. I've literally been forced to pay with Steam meaning making 5 additional steam accounts. This is also the most effective way to pay with paypal if you single-box. It's a bit more tedious if you multi.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #850317  Replies : 17  Views : 390