Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Madd1's profile
Statistics
2128 Posts (1.34 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 18:09:21 | #1

Quote (Intrade @ 25 August 2016 09:36) *
  • How long does it take to get to the maximum level, assuming a moderate pace of playing?
  • Is the current "end-game" content any fun?
  • Have drops improved?
  • How's the population?
  • How is the level sync system (assuming it is implemented)?
  • Are Arenas back, or some form of a replacement for them?
  • What are the current top guilds?

If you're relatively active and connected maybe 3 months 0-200. Maybe less.

End game content is okay. Some of it feels convoluted like Wabbit Island, some of it feels very fair.

Drops have not improved. In some ways, they're actually worse since all gear at end game is considered legendary.

Population is probably nearing the 2013 low, around when Fogs were released which was as dead as I'd ever seen the game.

Level sync is on beta. Conceptually cool, still very buggy.

Arenas are NEVER coming back. There is no one left from the teams that made them and it's likely all the work towards them has been lost during the devs changing.

Top guilds? Iunno anymore. I don't think there's enough population to support a significant number of top guilds, so BBC had eaten a majority of end game players when I went inactive. There's probably a handful of other guilds with true end-game players but I'm not active enough to know which.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #976962  Replies : 3  Views : 251
posté Yesterday - 17:55:14 | #2
Melee damage dealers have a much harder time in high level content because everything hits like a Nuclear explosion. Iops hit like an H-Bomb though, so that's something they have going for them. If you're looking for info/builds just look around. Lots of info on these forums.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #976961  Replies : 5  Views : 121
posté Yesterday - 17:53:35 | #3
IMHO, Tri is optimal if you wanna be high tier PVP Xelor, but what do I know. I haven't really been big on the PVP scene in the last two years. You would at least need to be Water/Fire to be efficient.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #976959  Replies : 6  Views : 106
posté August 24, 2016, 20:35:26 | #4
Quit the game and come back when matchmaking is a thing. That's the easiest way.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #976861  Replies : 17  Views : 485
posté August 24, 2016, 20:31:45 | #5
If you have the patience to comb the forums, there have been dozens of suggestions threads regarding nations, PVP and crafting systems. I'm sure that input has been relayed, how much of it will be put to use is unclear.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #976860  Replies : 6  Views : 269
posté August 24, 2016, 20:24:43 | #6
Fire/Air, Fire/Water for heavier damage. Air/Water for more utility.
Tri for the best of all worlds, but the hardest to build and play.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #976858  Replies : 6  Views : 106
posté August 24, 2016, 01:18:51 | #7

Quote (shankissimo @ 23 August 2016 22:18) *
it's not top pvp guild tbh, its top pvp nation more like it.

however im sure that elite 200 teams of other nations could pose a challenge, maybe even defeat.

Same difference. You get a central top guild with a bunch of friendly guilds into a national alliance, they become the lone PVP nation making up an enormous percentage of the top PVP players.

Borg, BBC, Cavalier and Epitaph already did that on Nox. It's pretty boring, most people have no interest in competing when the odds are stacked so horribly and will eventually retreat to safe zones when raided. Much salt will be flung, much boredom will be had.

Such is the problem with no competitive PVP system.

This post has been edited by Madd1 - August 26, 2016, 15:40:17.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #976764  Replies : 51  Views : 920
posté August 23, 2016, 22:17:15 | #8

Quote (wanasll @ 23 August 2016 21:07) *
I at least do not want to play a character that in lategame he just lost, anyway. so I ask =)
The balance is good enough that nothing is really THAT bad in late game if built decently and played well. You could probably make a group of all the lowest tiers and still beat end game (but not elite end game) content.

Gear is more important than Tier. Let's put it that way.

Thread : General  Preview message : #976725  Replies : 22  Views : 690
posté August 23, 2016, 22:10:24 | #9

Quote (Reineke-Fox @ 22 August 2016 20:11) *

Quote (Madd1 @ 04 August 2016 22:09) *
I find this an opportune time to point out that class revamps (Next in line, Eniripsa and Sadida based on previous dev communications) are nearing one year overdue (3/4ths of the roster still needs a proper revamp). An additional class sounds more like poorly managed resources than something to get excited about to a burned out veteran player, IMHO.
Wow. These were revamp plans from before Deck system arrived/got implemented, I'm sooooo surprised someone else remembers this stuff! o.o They swept it under the rug after deck system and never ever mentioned again, ehehe YwY
Based on communications from the discord the class revamps should reappear sometime around the time competitive modes are implemented. So probably not anytime soon.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #976723  Replies : 49  Views : 1896
posté August 23, 2016, 22:04:54 | #10
Let me summarize the original post for you in a tl; dr; version.

We are the server's top PVP guild. You can't do anything about us. Cry about it, we enjoy the complaints.

Have a nice day.

You're welcome.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #976722  Replies : 51  Views : 920
posté August 23, 2016, 20:05:56 | #11

Quote (treevamp1 @ 15 July 2016 19:33) *
Most people agree that soloing single mobs is the fastest way to gain XP (wisdom). I find this really fast with my single-target cra and my formerly single-target sram.

But how do characters specialized in AOE (area-of-effect) do the grind? For example, my AOE panda always parties with others, but how could they grind for XP quickly?

Any general advice for AOE grind? I guess it depends on the class. Sadida and Xelor summons, for example, make it easy to take on big mobs.
I believe Bari lvl'd to 200 soloing Crocs on his Panda using mostly earth sustain skills. Two turns/fight. He built specifically for damage in those fights though. You may have to make a modified solo deck for those instances.

My Ranged/AoE Xelor has no issue soloing, it's damage is exceptional and as long as nothing gets near it, it's lack of durability is not noteworthy.

Thread : General  Preview message : #976701  Replies : 4  Views : 401
posté August 23, 2016, 20:03:39 | #12
I play 3 Xelor, and generally speaking at 170+ you will kill all of the adds on turn 2 if you're doing boss last.

Hydrust setup is not necessary, just blow through everything with raw power XD

Thread : General  Preview message : #976700  Replies : 3  Views : 212
posté August 23, 2016, 20:02:15 | #13
Too much obsession with 'tiers'. If you don't play what you like you'll just end up quitting. Efficiency at end game relies more on composition and following correct fight flow than individual class tier.

I've made drop ins with all sorts of weird parties and abnormal setups with no issue as long as you can A: do enough damage, B: not instantly die, and C: follow the rules of the fight.

Thread : General  Preview message : #976699  Replies : 22  Views : 690
posté August 21, 2016, 03:11:22 | #14

Quote (Libre-Chic @ 17 August 2016 17:58) *
Hey Madd1 ! I'd like to ask you something. Is it worth going AOE and ranged ? Or will I be stuck sometimes when I can't use dust and Hydrants ?

PS : You are the best
I've only gone Ranged/AoE on my secondary Tribrid setup. My duo Air/Fire is running only Ranged.

Ranged/AoE can work on duo builds, but it will make your secondary damage feel a bit lackluster on ST turns. It is optimal fir Air/Fire though, since Air/Fire has almost all the most efficient AoE spells (Aging+Secondary Aging Damage, Punishment, Burn, Dust, Hydrant)

I'd say, if that's how you prefer to play, play it. Honestly, playing well is more efficient than secondary damage in end-game since -100% damage starts to lose it's bite. I'd focus much harder on Ranged than AoE though unless you want to make a unique build.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #976303  Replies : 70  Views : 12811
posté August 14, 2016, 05:49:12 | #15

Quote (Sting-Shotter @ 12 August 2016 19:45) *

Quote (SpiritualEnigma @ 12 August 2016 17:19) *
D7 told you via discord that they won't come back and they are going to implement a better experience similar to the mobile arenas. So, stop being an annoying brat
i just want a clear answer WHY they kept up a facade for 2 years telling us that the revamp was in progress, and then just never spoke about it ever again.

All i want is an apology from the staff towars the community like this: yes sorry we fcked up the mobile arena part.

Is this so hard for the devs to straight out apologize for the fckups instead of twisting their answers around it?
The term 'Devs' gets thrown around a lot here, but we use it in a way that is far too obtuse (I am admittedly guilty of this as well), and I think the problem with this is that the 'Devs' as in people who made these promises to you and essentially broke them are gone. Azael is gone. Grou is gone. Most if not all of the original Wakfu team is gone.

There's no one left who owes you an apology for what happened with Mobile Arenas. The new team implied they're working on a spiritual successor to the system, but they just can't bring back to you something they didn't make, and don't have virtual access too.

Here's a simple way to break it down:

Imagine you write a series of Avengers comic books that can only be viewed online and is published by Marvel Comics, let's call the it "Businessman Hulk". It becomes relatively popular and is very well received, but you aren't happy with your own work and you want to provide a better experience, so you take the comic down and tell the fans that you're working on improving it by fleshing out the story, lore and providing new experiences. Lots of things happen, and you kind of end up losing track of the project, eventually leaving Marvel Comics altogether, along with all of the work that has ever been done on "Businessman Hulk". Several years later, entirely new writers are in charge. Many fans are adamant about the return of "Businessman Hulk", but at this point the new writers just don't have access to any of the assets or materials that made the original comic. They can't recreate the old "Businessman Hulk" if they tried, only an imitation. So instead, they're rebooting "Businessman Hulk" and they will deliver you the premise in their own way with their own ideals.

In this scenario, what the (new)devs communicated they are working is the spiritual successor to the (old)devs mobile arenas. They can't give you back something they don't have to give. They can only recreate it in their own image.

It has been heavily implied that most if not all major new content will heavily rely on the scalable leveling system. For this reason it made sense for this content to come first, and all other relevant content to follow. While most of us vets have been burned by the company as a whole, I would say this is the wrong time to crucify them, as it appears that there is actually major progress coming in the foreseeable future. Let these (new)'Devs' deliver (or fail to deliver) their version of the content before you take out your frustration at the (old)'Devs'.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #975490  Replies : 16  Views : 711
posté August 14, 2016, 05:31:19 | #16
Wow.... Mains De Moon.... Uh.... no offense to the creator of the item, but when you make something that's 100% mandatory to every build in the game it kind of loses meaning. Either you're elite enough to afford it, or you're at some disadvantage for not having it.

That's the opposite of good design.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #975489  Replies : 47  Views : 1755
posté August 14, 2016, 05:22:55 | #17
Well, I'll try to answer everything individually to make it a bit less cluttered.

Do players get more than 30 second turns?
Yes, only during bonus rounds, when you get 60 seconds to both pick your bonus and take your turn (If you don't chose a bonus in 30 seconds it will be automatically chosen for you).

Cast rotations is different for different people. My individual style of play is to maximize my general understanding of the class, and 'wing it' when optimizing turns, taking what I think will work best in that scenario. This has become a lot harder to do with modern Xelor as turn optimization has become much more static than in the past. Generally, the easiest thing to do when playing Xelor, IMHO, is to look at your position prior to your turn, determine what roles you think you can best fill for that turn, and then plot out your damage cycle prior to the start of turn. Xelor and Panda are two of the hardest classes to play if your turn isn't prepared prior to the start.

Air/Fire is the most straight forward combination. Before I was Tri, I was a dedicated Air/Fire player, with emphasis on Fire. The primary damage revolves around triggering the secondary effect of Aging. This unfortunately has a couple of side effects, the most noteable being you always need to be in the 'Tick' state. Making it very reliant on Desynch, and therefore drain Wakfu rapidly.

Examples of 10AP turn cycles I would run (assuming no dial AP cost), Devote, Age, Hand, Hand for ST (this is the most efficient D/AP in Xelor's arsenal and is what I'd call the 'bread and butter' for Air/Fire) or Devote, Age, Burn (3ap), Burn (3ap), Burn (3ap), Burn (1ap) for AoE. You'll find the longer you play the class that Xelor is the god of cross1, I don't think any other class in the game is as efficient in cross1 AoE.

The rest of Air/Fire is much more situational. You can use Distortion to stack damage against bosses or players that are currently damage immune. You can use Hydrant to charge Dust for the largest AoE damage burst option in the game, but this tends not to be efficient until you play with high level players. Although Dust itself is still a great spell.

Punishment is useful in duo, as it is on the higher D/AP scale for solo element, but is overall very lackluster as a primary source of damage these days.

Underhand and Fugit provide some of the best utility and mobility the class has access too. Underhand next to a dial cell will create a portal, casting timekeeper on a moveable target (friendly/hostile) will move that target to the portal up to 7 cell distance (does not include self). Underhand also stacks 'Clocking Off' which can be triggered with aging, or will automatically trigger at the start of your next turn. This allows for lots of tricky play moving enemies or allies (allies will not take damage from Underhand, but will from aging). Fugit can be used to teleport up to 3 cells away and is Xelor's primary escape mechanism.

All spells have their place, with the exception of Line of Fire. LoF used to be an excellent spell, but the revamp was not kind to it. It's a much more expensive way to trigger secondary effects from Underhand, which provides nominal damage in exchange. There is probably some supremely situational way to make use of the spell, but I've found it to be far too weak for major attention.

Hydrant itself is lackluster, but in conjunction with teleportation and dust mechanics on a good team can create some intensely punishing opportunities, especially if you can force out quick hydroulle charges (full hydroulle state will allow for +99% damage on Dust approximately.

Of all the possibilities, Air/Fire has changed the least from the times you would have played in the past and is probably the easiest to get accustomed to since you can ease into the more complicated mechanics.

Just remember to be in 'Tick' state and start with Aging when you want to maximize damage. (Aging secondary damage accounts for approx +50% of primary spell damage in Air damage if it is levelled).

Sorry that got a bit ranty, hope it helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am slowly working on a "Xelor Compendium" which explains anything and everything, but I have a tendency to explain things in full detail which can make it complicated.

This post has been edited by Madd1 - August 26, 2016, 15:40:17.
Reason for edit : fixed swap of Fugit and Underhand Bolded it.
Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #975488  Replies : 6  Views : 430
posté August 12, 2016, 17:17:35 | #18

Quote (De-Tox @ 12 August 2016 04:52) *

Quote (DarkHadoo @ 12 August 2016 04:20) *
Agreed is a mess and it looks ugly,what happen to all my costumes,got wiped,and were is all the items I had inside my account chest?i had lot of useful stuff to move arrownd,they also wiped?,u better be kidding, and once u open that ugly tab and click on a cape or other,it can't be closed.So another makeover for astrub?,you people play stupid with our suggestions,you won't learn until there are 2 players left in this server,and believe me!,you getting close.
Relax. It's the beta server. Give it a try tomorrow after the update. lol
+1, Beta exists so you don't get (as many of) these kinds of problems on live.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #975337  Replies : 81  Views : 3107
posté August 12, 2016, 17:13:59 | #19
After the dev communication we received in Discord yesterday it is VERY clear that the old Mobile Arena's will never return. The devs have changed to the point where no one who worked on the original Mobile Arena's is left at the company, and the work is likely scrapped or lost.

It would represent a full from scratch project for the team which just doesn't make any kind of logistic sense at this stage. There were implications that a similar conceptual system is in the works and coming.

It's very easy to forget that devs have cycled over relatively heavily and many devs who worked on old features are just no longer at the company.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #975336  Replies : 16  Views : 711