Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Madd1's profile
Statistics
2096 Posts (1.34 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 22, 2016, 06:37:21 | #1

Quote (androgyous @ 19 July 2016 19:31) *
A lot of the first haven worlds were really expensive when they first came out in some areas, I remember certain people going around Brakmar and Sufokia jacking up the prices of multiple haven worlds with no intention of buying them just to troll other people. I remember Squirt spending over a million kamas on Beaters havenworld, and back then a million kamas was A LOT. When my grandparents were kids a candy bar cost a nickel, just as haven worlds only cost 100,000 to a 1,000,000 kamas when they just came out; but I assure you the dollar and the kama lost a lot of buying power over the course of time. :p
Beaters havenworld sold for a staggering 30 million, in a time when 2-6mil was enough for a full end game character. It was by far the highest winning auction on any server for a long, long time (Smashing Epitaph's best attempts). Epitaph's Havenworld sold for 17-18mil if I recall. Nothing was even close to that on Nox (and this was around the time the server was still recovering from mounds of duped gear, so it's pretty safe to say that while the people who bid may not have cheated for their money, it was still dirty money.)

I spent two solid weeks duobox mining to make sure to make 1million and Idz/Jed donated me another 1million, we ended up getting away with a measley 780,000 for our, at the time, best real estate in the game. (Screw you Ankama, for stealing away our DAMN FREAKIN TURKEY.)

The only cheap havenworlds that I knew of were in the last few rounds, when everyone had a havenworld (because the server was literally a ghost town) and nobody cared anymore. I believe Lovelace got their havenworld for the minimum bid of 100kamas. Guess that's pie in my face, since their location is better than Borg's now.

How fickle Ankama is. Just like how fickle they are with evicting Havenworld owners with no notice. Maybe they'd have made their guilds active if they'd known.

GG no RE.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #973186  Replies : 13  Views : 744
posté July 16, 2016, 23:09:54 | #2

Quote (cody5 @ 16 July 2016 20:09) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 16 July 2016 12:17) *
You can trigger freeze during tick using tempus fugit, you also can desync.

Not sure if it works that way but you probably can do like this:
Aging-Clock×2-Sandglass×2-Hand-desync-Hand-Burn spam

You probably need to recast Aging which makes this combo not worth doing though.
While true (as I pointed out in my previous post), but sandglass doesn't apply freezing on a tick turn.

Also while I know xelors can have a lot of AP with various self buffs, that combou woul need a ludicrous amount of AP. Also I'm not a fire xelor so I don't use hand or burn and would probabl end that kind of combo with fugit instead of hand.
Also wouldn't aging-2xclock-2xsandglass-1-3xfrostbyte be more effective at the same cost?
I wrote a hilariously long post and just lost it. Sigh.

I literally have no desire to rewrite a two page essay.

Short answer, blaz turn is both almost impossible (29+AP is nearly impossible to create realistically) and there's zero value in swapping from a 34d/AP water turn, to a 32d/AP fire turn, when you can just produce a 33-34 d/AP water or water/fire turn with 14-15AP using TC (enemy), TC (Self in desynch version only), glass, glass, clock, desynch (desynch version only), Hand.

You can also add Aging in if you have the AP to slightly boost the d/AP of those setups.

GOD I HATE THESE FORUMS. Write essay for an hour, FAILED TO CONNECT.

Screw you Ankama.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #972633  Replies : 11  Views : 369
posté June 29, 2016, 16:56:36 | #3
Because nobody likes Bonta.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #970219  Replies : 14  Views : 608
posté June 29, 2016, 16:54:07 | #4

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 28 June 2016 22:52) *
u can try adding xelor and panda. if you want to be able to solo dungeons, can change xelor or panda to sadida for the extra heals if you need it.
Hey, that's my theorycraft for an optimal 3v3 team!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #970218  Replies : 5  Views : 423
posté June 29, 2016, 16:53:11 | #5
If the game isn't pleasing to you it's probably time to take a break.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #970217  Replies : 21  Views : 1034
posté June 29, 2016, 06:43:46 | #6

Quote (HunterRabbitt @ 29 June 2016 00:00) *
It's hypocrisy really, they continue to bash our class and bash us for defending our class, yet at the same time if a nerf comes to their favored class they whine, cry, and demand for reverts. They bash our class, yet refuse to look at their own class or even other classes. Pretty sad...
I think I'm pretty reasonable, actually. I don't like bugged dial resists, and while I'm still resistant to the overall state of Xelor (Very limited, overly complicated, but cookie cutter turn cycles to produce reasonable damage), I can recognize that Sandglass pre-nerf was problematic to the game, dial every turn was problematic to the game, +6 AP every turn was problematic to the game, 20cell character kidnapping was problematic to the game. Instead of spending all my time raging about the changes though, I've spent most of it coming up with logical and functional solutions for the class' existing poor mechanics that can be easily balanced and don't put overall game balance at risk. (E.X. State based -AP which simultaneously limits maximum -AP potential and removes the need for complicated mechanics like hyperaction and can allow for maximum -AP per turn from all sources, similar to -200% max res, or +3 max AP. State based rollback, which allows for better balance of weaker branches like Air, and better overall balance of damage potential)

If you wanna pull up some old knee-jerk reactions to changes I've made that's fine. I think most people get a bit of a knee jerk initially, but Sadida has had over a year like this, it should be obvious to every player in the game what kind of problem it causes.

Sadida mains who advocate for mass doll don't seem to understand that this mechanic is flat out problematic to the game. It's about more than just YOU or YOUR class. The mechanics cause issues for the overall game balance, and cause a lot of QoL problems for MOST Sadida players. A large part of the issues that plague Sadida currently are direct result of it's high doll capacity.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #970172  Replies : 94  Views : 3368
posté June 28, 2016, 17:13:07 | #7
Has anyone ever noticed there's three people constantly defending mass-doll and basically everyone else on the forums denouncing it like the plague, or at least recognizing it's problematic to the game and overall class balance?

Pretty telling, really.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #970113  Replies : 94  Views : 3368
posté June 28, 2016, 17:08:22 | #8
Favorite Class: Xelor

Reason: I have Xelor issues.

Did I mention I like Xelor's? I'm thinking of putting a fourth Xelor in my team of 6. Maybe even a fifth? I like Xelors.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #970112  Replies : 26  Views : 1057
posté June 25, 2016, 18:55:09 | #9
2013? What part? Where dupers ran Nox? When the population was so dead not even 5th had a single soul logged in? When all the content after Vampyro turned out to be total garbage? When they started revamping things to be worse, like Runes? Then had to go back and do it again. When they started taking out working content for 'reasons'?

Maybe you liked the personal features, like Phoenix camping, Infinite Armor Sacriers, or infinite heal Enis. What about the once every 24-48 hour World Bosses?

I mean I don't think the game is shining like a diamond right now or anything, but the only thing that was better in 2013 for me was the Nostalgia.

If you want a better GAME, you should have said 2012, when the game was very fresh, all the new content was welcomed and most of the class balance still made sense. 2013 was IMO the worst year Wakfu has had, and will be pretty hard to top for as long as the game exists.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #969767  Replies : 50  Views : 1807
posté June 24, 2016, 05:27:16 | #10

Quote (seikomantis @ 22 June 2016 11:33) *
outside of the obvious, do you guys have any hints on leveling a hero to lvl 180+ in a reasonable time ?
Whatever to 15+
Boowolves planted near moo (max group size frequently) to 63
Lunar to 90-92 depending on keys/patience
Whisps (outside) or 92 dungeon to 97
Whisps 97 dungeon to 100-105
This part is up to you, I hate the 'popular' part so I tend to run Ohwymi or outside Flax mobs
100+ Start running daily Torm
115+, Castuc dungeon or solo Srambad mobs in a havenworld
125+ Start running daily Flax
140+, Srambad dungeon or Solo Xel Past/Pres mobs in a havenworld
150-160+, Solo crocs havenworld

That's how I would probably do it. I ended leveling the second Xelor to maybe 140-150 while trying and since I rerolled my Feca to a third Xelor, the second one has mostly been leveling off daily quests. I didn't include island quests because... obvious.

Don't forget any merc quests (your heroes can accept) that you do on your main all heroes get XP for as well, without costing extra materials. Lots of free XP when you invite them for that.

If you're a superhardcore you can probably do it in a week or two. If you're more casual a month or two.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #969514  Replies : 8  Views : 515
posté June 24, 2016, 05:20:08 | #11

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 23 June 2016 19:48) *

Quote (l-Xaloxflow-l @ 23 June 2016 19:35) *
Just git gud

Moon dungs are very easy when you get used to them
The problem is finding folks willing to teach us how to run the Archmobs and the Dungeons themselves, let alone the Stele-induced additional dangers.

I've only been able to run Crocs. In all these months, that's it. It's not as if folks are overflowing the Forums with helpful advice on Moon stuff.
Do you actually want information on the dungeons? I can basically explain the mechanics of everything on Moon, except vore.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #969512  Replies : 30  Views : 1326
posté June 24, 2016, 05:17:20 | #12
My Windows 8, Windows 10, and OSX machines all seem to run it about the same.... given the Windows 10 has much higher specs than the rest of my machines, so it would take longer to notice things like RAM leaks... but I've really never had an issue with the client running (aside from steam client which seems to run terrible in comparison with the regular client) inconsistently between operating systems.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #969511  Replies : 4  Views : 296
posté June 20, 2016, 21:19:33 | #13
I don't think calling something a 'tier list' and then arbitrarily assigning classes counts for much.

There needs to be a detailed breakdown of why things are in a certain place, strengths, weaknesses, and there should probably be a better overall breakdown of roles than 'pve damage/pvp damage/support'

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #968903  Replies : 40  Views : 1569
posté June 20, 2016, 21:17:33 | #14
Do you enjoy playing the game?

Yes. Then worth playing.
No. Then not worth playing.

Truthfully, I wouldn't put much stake in someone elses experience with the game other than my own. Everyone is different.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #968902  Replies : 24  Views : 1288
posté June 20, 2016, 09:19:59 | #15

Quote (el-werox @ 20 June 2016 08:54) *
We are still waiting for a moderator to answer separately each question of the OP in order.
Enjoy waiting forever then.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #968852  Replies : 97  Views : 4637
posté June 20, 2016, 09:18:06 | #16
Based on the amount of information you've given me on what you like or expect out of your class (none), the best advice I can give you is hit random and hope you like it.

Joking sarcasm aside, what do you want or expect out of a class in this game? That will help people give you a more realistic expectation of what class you will enjoy.

Thread : General  Preview message : #968851  Replies : 8  Views : 634
posté June 20, 2016, 09:16:00 | #17
The term 'multiboxing' is actually much older. It references using two (or more) physical computers (or boxes) in the olden days, to play a game on two (or more) accounts. My first experience with it dates back to Diablo 2 in the year 2000, and the top USWest ranked player, Nabnim abusing a duo-box Necro/Barb combo to keep his Necromancer at the top of the ladder.

In Wakfu/Dofus, multiboxing just means using multiple accounts. People have made up lots of reasons for this to make sense, despite the origins being very different from running multiple clients on a single machine. Realistically, though, multi-box only makes sense in the original context of multiple physical machines.

This post has been edited by Madd1 - July 29, 2016, 04:06:03.
Reason for edit : added (or more)
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #968850  Replies : 8  Views : 463
posté June 20, 2016, 08:01:20 | #18

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 20 June 2016 07:10) *
Armors themself are not ruining the game either.
The armor prevent dmg, unlike heal that recover what was lost.
The difference is that heals got heal resist, but using heal is always having an effect (until very high heal resist, at wich heals become pointless)
This particular sequence of statements makes it clear how little you understand about why 'Heal Res' even exists.

Heal Res came about when healing became so strong and so difficult for Ankama to balance in ever lengthening fights (Specifically in scenarios of PVP or heavy heal+reflected damage, such as the first recorded wins on the hardest Ultimate Boss, Magmog, which relied on 6 enis healing each other and letting Magmog kill itself with reflected damage). Armor has been quickly approaching that point since the Sadida deck revamp.

The first thing I said after playing it was "If this is how much you can armor, it's only a matter of time before Ankama includes 'Armor Resistance', at which point, what's the difference between armors and healing?"

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #968845  Replies : 90  Views : 2660
posté June 20, 2016, 07:53:11 | #19

Quote (ValvatorezSr @ 20 June 2016 03:58) *

Quote (ISoulKillerI @ 20 June 2016 03:55) *

Quote (ValvatorezSr @ 19 June 2016 21:01) *

Quote (arcanvs99 @ 19 June 2016 20:41) *

Quote (Xillor-The-Shadow @ 19 June 2016 19:51) *
I'm not sure where this insane idea that pvp doesn't matter came from.
It doesn't though
It's not polite to make fun of mentally disabled people.
PvP actually matters though atleast until game fixes his open world "go attack whoever you want boi" thingy (I have never suffered from that before im just thinking about new players)
It's not that hard to deal with open world pvp. Anytime some idiot is pking people for no reason, just shout out at the almanax that he's there. Some orb hound will be there to murder them soon lol
What magical server do you play on where this is even possible?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #968844  Replies : 115  Views : 5035
posté June 20, 2016, 05:19:15 | #20

Quote (Madd1 @ 18 June 2016 22:19) *
I'd like to offer you a challenge to counter your original challenge about wasting months of my life raising a PVP Sadida. Find me someone who doesn't abuse tank or doll Sadida (or isn't best friends with benefits with one) who thinks those mechanics aren't ridiculously overpowered in PVP and ridiculously awful to play with, and utterly weak for the first 9 turns in PVM in most situations.

Try again, you clearly missed what I said.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #968827  Replies : 94  Views : 3368