Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Madd1's profile
Statistics
1420 Posts (1.18 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 01:53:40 | #1
Welcome to Wakfu, this has been a problem since release, with the devs even addressing it early (In the first year of the game).

Nothing has been done, seems nothing will be done about it. You just have to accept that's how it is and play the system to your favor.

(Side note, 82 votes is nothing. I've seen alt votes go up to 200+ for an individual)

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #894912  Replies : 24  Views : 514
posté Today - 01:50:45 | #2
Here's my idea.

Remington merges into Nox, with Nox as the base server. Also, all gear from Remington is deleted since 3/4ths of it is duped anyway from the sounds of it.

I reject any other ideas.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #894909  Replies : 26  Views : 450
posté Today - 01:48:29 | #3
I like it. Remington can Merge into Nox and lose all of THEIR stuff.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #894908  Replies : 11  Views : 312
posté Today - 01:46:16 | #4

Quote (rurumoj @ 04 August 2015 16:05) *
I can't even get my client to update. After computing modifications it just goes to update in progress and freezes. How fun!
Is this on the Steam client? I have to fully uninstall (delete all files from the client) and reinstall every time I want to update my Steam client.

It's super irritating :\, I would try a full uninstall (and remove temporary or supporting files) and reinstall.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #894907  Replies : 15  Views : 554
posté August 03, 2015, 23:47:56 | #5

Quote (BlackMagus @ 03 August 2015 21:54) *
Also to those who thought they could use a meridia in exchange for a mount, I dont think they ever clarified that they would do that hence why I never spent any tokens on more meridias after the 1st.
Having the Meridia doesn't change your ability to get the mount. You need the achievement, you have to spend 360 tokens for the achievement and then another 180 for the mount. So you could have sold your Meridia and still get the mount with the extra 180 tokens.

I'll dig up the post where it was stated, I'm 99% sure it was dev or CM stated that we would be able to trade in Meridias for Ferox at a later date due to delays :\

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #894459  Replies : 107  Views : 2966
posté August 03, 2015, 18:17:13 | #6

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 03 August 2015 14:44) *
I feel like the way to look at this is its a way for f2p players to get a p2p tier mount

It should have been suspected that it wouldn't be better than p2p because people would have bitched

TBH, those people can quit, they never were promised a f2p alternative to p2p mounts. It was promised as the first mount, didn't happen and we're over two years from it's original promise date. It was promised to be a trade-in from Merridia, obviously that isn't the case, cool... now I can keep 25 worthless Meridia! I'm so happy, except that I could have made over 100 million selling them when they were worth two cents but saved them under the false pretense that they would later be more valuable since they would be trade-in for something better. It was promised to be a relic level mount with 75% movespeed and ??? stats. Obviously that didn't happen cuz now it's a piece of crap that doesn't even take harnesses.

This mount is a pile of broken promises, and half-assed quick fixing, if it was of any real importance to me, I'd be rampaging with 5 page essays on why it was poorly implemented. This is a huge slap in the face to Ankama's integrity as a company as it represents a series of flat out lies to the paying and loyal customers who have been playing since it's original release date was made. If Wakfu was a game of any mainstream popularity or importance, this would be some Kotaku level scandal, with major player outcry. The only reason this is basically YOLO with a few old players just like 'fffff this', is because this game is barely populated to begin with, and has already driven away 99.9999% of it's legacy players. Probably due to the constant stream of these types of problems over the last three plus years.

In before Ferox mount revamp round 2 to make it actually desireable.

- Madd

This post has been edited by Madd1 - August 03, 2015, 18:18:24.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #894294  Replies : 107  Views : 2966
posté August 03, 2015, 03:57:10 | #7

Quote (Naniru @ 02 August 2015 02:56) *
There is no anti PvP state for players that have PvP deactivated either^^

Had this rude person attacking me over and over again while harvesting salt in amakna on remmi one time claiming all the salt spots are his.
PVP Immunity is removed the moment you interact with the environment. This is to prevent people from using immunity (Which can stack up to 3hours) to bot/troll resources/be untouchable.

- Madd

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #894145  Replies : 20  Views : 515
posté August 02, 2015, 06:59:03 | #8

Quote (WINGWARSAW1 @ 01 August 2015 21:35) *
STOP, its a great reward for veteran players and old players who had nothing to spent their tokens on almanax. Stop being so rude, 2 years? so what, you don't have to get it. Stop moaning and crying like little kids. If you can't get it tough, its just cosmetic thats all.

It doesn't have better stats than other dragon turkey. Stop crying about how long it will take to get this mount, if you don't have the tokens tough, this mount has been in "Research and Development" stage since 2-3 years ago. Those who knew about it, stacked their tokens for this glorious moment.

Main reason to stop your crying? You don't "need" it.
You guys and your crying!!
Sorry, I'm not on your level of cool where I'm willing wait over two years for something to be released, changed multiple times into something completely unworth the time and have multiple promises about it gone back on. Not sure why I'm surprised, it's Ankama. All the smart players left this game years ago. Willingness to accept a flat out lie from a company to it's players is... hilarious. You should win the most dedicated Ankama White Knight award, this takes TRUE dedication.

I'm not intending to get this mount. I'm already burned on it, I have no desire to collect tokens for a piece of junk based on a lie.

Have fun looking cool though, I'm sure it will make your character look very nice.

Peace,
Madd

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #893826  Replies : 107  Views : 2966
posté August 01, 2015, 20:42:02 | #9
Well, what I mean to say is having three different damage multiplies that work differently is pretty confusing.

Base damage is modified by, Damage+Secondary Damage, Final Damage, Damage Done.

Seems like it would make more sense to simplify this somewhere.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893664  Replies : 15  Views : 549
posté August 01, 2015, 20:36:18 | #10
Maybe I misunderstood, but from what I read it's the meridia achievement (I.E. your character HAS to be the one that got the Meridia) plus 180 tokens.

If its meridia +180 that's even more fkin stupid. I have 25 Meridias in tokens.... so I can just slap them on random chars that don't have meridias in tokens and get this mount, but the characters that I used to get Meridia and then stopped collecting tokens on because, who the fk cares there's nothing else? Those characters get fk'd? That's sure as hell fair.

Basically means the two characters that I'd actually give two shits about having this mount on can't get it for 100+ days. Maybe if there had been some transparency about this oh I don't know... in the last two fking years... Then maybe I wouldn't be so pissed, cuz I'd have been well prepared and known what I was getting into.

Nah, this mount can go burn in hell, I don't even want to see it. It's a symbol of a two year lie from the devs. That's flat out disgusting.

- Madd

EDIT:

I can confirm 100% that you MUST HAVE COMPLETED THE MERIDIA ACHIEVEMENT to get this mount. I tested it on Beta. You do NOT trade in your Merridia, you keep it. This mount costs 540 tokens on ONE character to achieve. Worthless.

This post has been edited by Madd1 - August 01, 2015, 20:48:52.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #893662  Replies : 107  Views : 2966
posté August 01, 2015, 20:32:39 | #11
That's pretty confusing, actually. You'd think that considering they did things like remove final res for transparency that they'd make the way damage works a bit more transparent.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893661  Replies : 15  Views : 549
posté August 01, 2015, 20:28:27 | #12

Quote (WINGWARSAW1 @ 01 August 2015 19:21) *

Quote (MereBytes @ 01 August 2015 18:57) *
I wouldn't mind change server feature. With your equipment, lvl's and kamas ofc.
this isnt dofus.
Considering a new duping bug comes out every couple of years and remains unfixed/unattended to for months, I'd honestly prefer this never came to Wakfu. Nox had this issue in 2013, and it created an extremely bad reputation on the server, a few other servers obviously have this problem in 2015 and I sure as hell don't want them transferring chars over with 100 Bygones/Doras in inventory.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893659  Replies : 17  Views : 832
posté August 01, 2015, 20:25:37 | #13

Quote (Captchphrase @ 01 August 2015 08:27) *
Sounds like you both are unaware of the details about that bug, guilds aren't able to bid with chest frozen. Why? Cuz withdraw, deposit or bid simply don't happen.
I'm not pretending to know how the current bug works, I'm merely stating that a similar bug caused problems during the first havenworld auctions. It remained unfixed until Tuesdays when some kind of reset on the server would fix it, too bad HW auctions would be complete by then, which caused a lot of anger.

I'm not commenting directly on your problem, more making a note that this whole scenario of angry posts looks pretty familiar to me, two years later.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893658  Replies : 17  Views : 625
posté August 01, 2015, 20:21:35 | #14

Quote (deandip @ 01 August 2015 19:48) *
Whatever happened to being able to change the meridia insignia to the mount. Isn't that what they have told us before what would happen?
After over two fking years they changed their minds and decided to say 'Fk our legacy players that expected this for two years, they don't mean jack to us and I hope they go die in a fire', apparently.

- Madd

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #893657  Replies : 107  Views : 2966
posté August 01, 2015, 17:15:51 | #15
LOL, so after TWO YEARS of saying it would be the same cost as Meridia, it's now Meridia plus 180 tokens? COOL. Maybe I wouldn't have stopped collecting Almanax tokens 6months ago if I knew that. Now I'm just pissed off that the terms have changed, and I automatically hate the mount and think it should go die in a fire.

Thank you Ankama, well communicated as usual.

- Madd

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #893606  Replies : 107  Views : 2966
posté August 01, 2015, 00:52:00 | #16

Quote (Reborn409 @ 31 July 2015 22:48) *
Ankama, a lot of guilds have bugged guild chest, but you are fine with running heaven world auctions and end it on monday, You didn't even try to fix it, even if maybe a restart would solve it.

Thanks for amazing work day by day. Every update we can get new bug features into game that can be never fixed like amba bug.
Lol, ironically this was a major problem during the original havenworld sales as well. We made DAMN SURE all the Kamas we thought we'd need were in the bank WELL BEFORE any auctions began for this reason.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893401  Replies : 17  Views : 625
posté July 31, 2015, 20:48:52 | #17

Quote (Rimali @ 31 July 2015 20:19) *
The search option of the Ankabox also includes the possibility to search by character name.
I also thought this once, but if you investigate it more closely this only works for Dofus characters. :\

I've tried several times.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893313  Replies : 5  Views : 178
posté July 31, 2015, 20:47:44 | #18
Well... considering in a day of actual play time you should be able to get yourself closer to 40-50 solo I'm not sure that you need to concern yourself too much about your income at that level range.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893312  Replies : 33  Views : 745
posté July 31, 2015, 16:52:26 | #19

Quote (Skyshooter1 @ 31 July 2015 10:07) *
Logically speaking, people play MMO's to meet friends alot more than for the gameplay. That said, playing a North American server is trumped by a global server that meets everyone's needs, rather than specific nationalities.

Eventually alot of newer players will realize that Remmington in terms of population covers a much larger area than Nox, and nox will slowly become just another one of the dead servers that have been shut down.

How long do you figure this is the case?
Since remmington would be the larger base server, I would lose 2 years of havenworld and the character name Madd which has been my handle for over for over 15 years.

I would quit Wakfu hands down instantly and never look back if that were ever to happen. I guarantee a large part of Nox population would too for the same reasons. If people want to jump to Rem, they will, however last I heard statistically, Nox was more populated.

- Madd

EDIT: I'll also be snotty since Rem was snotty to us when SE lost rights and NA forums merged into International forums. I don't wanna be on Remington's dupe heavy, market crashed, server, cuz my somewhat clean, slightly less dupey server oh-ho so much better.

This post has been edited by Madd1 - July 31, 2015, 16:55:01.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893248  Replies : 17  Views : 832
posté July 31, 2015, 16:10:23 | #20

Quote (therealdudeothersfake @ 31 July 2015 14:44) *
should make a survey about server merging I have it on the brain.
I'd wager 90% of the 'mergee' population would quit the game due to losing names, guild havenworlds, ect. This will probably never happen, unless there is a drastic cut-back on Wakfu expenses.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #893239  Replies : 3  Views : 226