Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Madd1's profile
Statistics
884 Posts (0.82 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 03:02:35 | #1

Quote (Delaz @ 27 March 2015 18:22) *
Lawd have mercy on dy and exi, the sadida rage will be crazy if you don't meet Neneko and Kiku expectation. .
There's more than two players who use Sadida. I will fight tooth and nail for a good class, not a class that two individuals want.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #844186  Replies : 197  Views : 4463
posté Yesterday - 03:01:33 | #2
At 30 and 80.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #844185  Replies : 11  Views : 333
posté March 27, 2015, 01:42:52 | #3
That's the kind of mentality a full year revamp cycle will cause.

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843798  Replies : 197  Views : 4463
posté March 27, 2015, 01:38:58 | #4
I approve this message.

-Madd

Thread : News  Preview message : #843796  Replies : 19  Views : 439
posté March 27, 2015, 01:37:23 | #5

Quote (Gynrei @ 26 March 2015 19:21) *
Do players still play the class they like the most and simply make it the best they can?
There are not many players like that left. That's what happens when you force out the casuals by creating a hardcore grind to reach end-game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843794  Replies : 30  Views : 585
posté March 27, 2015, 01:34:36 | #6
Based on the devs stance on 'time limitations' and how the system is implemented now (basically needs almost a full overhaul) the odds are very high that either we won't see a real PVP fix, but instead a series of band-aids for many months, or we won't see any modification to the system for the next year and it will be re-released in a full revamp.

Since we are still looking at the same unimplemented Prims from 2013, I'm leaning toward the latter.

It's hard to accept, but if you take it in, don't take the system too seriously and move on with your life, it's tolerable.

Peace,
Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843793  Replies : 13  Views : 364
posté March 27, 2015, 01:29:29 | #7
Just roll with 10AP for now, since devote only costs MP you'll be fine in the short term.

- Madd

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #843787  Replies : 6  Views : 137
posté March 26, 2015, 15:27:30 | #8

Quote (Dy7 @ 25 March 2015 21:33) *

Quote (Madd1 @ 24 March 2015 05:49) *
The problem isn't the update of class balance in the form of a large revamp. The problem is that Ankama has mostly not bothered to take the SMALL steps that could help many classes come back and be a bit more competitive. Changing % damage to final damage for all classes, removing excessive resistances nerfs (COUGH FIRE MASK), removing Doll AI (and maybe Osa pet AI if that was also their plan), these are all examples of smaller changes that should be able to be easily implemented and can help classes maintain or return to more competitive standing in the games overall meta.
The changes that seems light are not. And it would greatly delay the revamp route, which would be not worth it at all.

As an example, I did a lot of improvments on Osamodas last year. It cost time and the class still need a full revamp to be balanced, strategically interesting and fun to play.

I will admit I've never worked with Java, and I don't know the structure of Wakfu or how well coded it is, but things like changes to base damage values of spells and changing damage to final damage should just be formula changes unless there's some super crazy code underneath the hood. The reason I am assuming Sadida and Osa changes to player controlled shouldn't be to hard is it was already done in Coneys and it already exists in the form of a spell, this code should already exist and just need to be tweaked to function all the time, no?

If it's difficult to get approved, that's one thing. I have a hard time seeing how it's difficult in terms of the timeline unless the team only has one person devoted to these changes. If that's the case I'd argue that the resource allocation should be changed as core game systems should take precedence.

A multi-year timeline to have classes feel similar in power, especially as more and more classes hit the OP mark, making those that are dated feel worse and worse feels like development of the late 90s. As the number of revamped and therefore extremely powerful classes grows, those that are especially dated feel more and more out of place. After the stats revamp most classes felt very fair and useful, even if they were not quite as strong. Since the start of individual class revamps it now feels like some classes are no longer as useful to group composition.

Peace,
Madd

PS: Osa is an impossible class to balance from a dev standpoint if you ask me, the class is re-balanced every time new content is released, especially in comparing small group (1-3) PVP vs group PVM. This is the nature of the class and it will be impossible for people to be happy with it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843568  Replies : 197  Views : 4463
posté March 26, 2015, 09:08:03 | #9
The only damage dolls are Greedy and Ultra Powerful, think of Greedies as throw aways, only costing 3AP. You let them charge in and never give to craps about if they live or die, two turns is already better water DPT than any of your spells could ever produce for the cost. You can also charge them with air spells if you need a few more cells to reach a target.

Ultra Powerfuls are more of an investment. They take 5AP to summon. 8AP 1MP if you want to make them into 2attack Wind dolls. The payoff if they stay alive, though is much more damage than the Sadida can produce on its own, especially as the map starts to fill up with them.

Like I said, I never played much in the low levels, but up high a 3 turn ultrapowerful is more damage than sadi can put out for 8AP ever. It seems irritating because they are squishy unless you have 10000HP but I get by with the doll HP off 6000.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #843515  Replies : 11  Views : 333
posté March 26, 2015, 06:53:22 | #10
I accidentally did something similar and put in a ticket, unlike many of the in-game support tickets the issue was resolved for me in less than a week and they credited the Remington sub I had accidentally purchased through the steam shop and transfered it to Nox. Subsequently, the off-server subscription offers disappeared. I suspect due to similar issues.

I highly recommend you submit a support ticket for this issue.

Peace,
Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843491  Replies : 27  Views : 916
posté March 24, 2015, 06:45:39 | #11
Several, I would choose where you try to go depending on your level range.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #842836  Replies : 1  Views : 90
posté March 24, 2015, 05:54:38 | #12
Time yourself doing HC Vertox. Now time how long it takes to go run easier content with more lucrative drops at a significantly higher drop rate.

Factor in when someone fks up a single move and chain wipes the group and you have to rerun the boss.

If you enjoy that, cool. I don't.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #842827  Replies : 42  Views : 1568
posté March 24, 2015, 05:49:13 | #13
The problem isn't the update of class balance in the form of a large revamp. The problem is that Ankama has mostly not bothered to take the SMALL steps that could help many classes come back and be a bit more competitive. Changing % damage to final damage for all classes, removing excessive resistances nerfs (COUGH FIRE MASK), removing Doll AI (and maybe Osa pet AI if that was also their plan), these are all examples of smaller changes that should be able to be easily implemented and can help classes maintain or return to more competitive standing in the games overall meta.

Yeah, you might not have WP regen, better passives/actives armors or heals like revamped counterparts, but at least some of the simple steps are taken. Many classes can have small tweaks that would at least keep them somewhat competitive. It definitely feels like a game of 'play revamped classes' to win. Especially when you watch people who have the resources to quickly put together heavily revamped class teams and see them wipe the floor with everything. I mean just wipe the floor with it spit it back out in Ankama's face and say "Ankama your game is so ez now that I play revamped classes."

- Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #842826  Replies : 197  Views : 4463
posté March 24, 2015, 05:42:22 | #14
You could avoid this bug by logging in on a different character on the account which will kill you in the fight.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #842823  Replies : 8  Views : 543
posté March 24, 2015, 04:51:40 | #15
You'll want to have spells close to your level which means you'll be able to max only two per branch. I'll leave it up to you what you want...

I currently use Muddoll, Drain/Stench, Chill/Bramble, Wild Grass

I never played sadi from the ground up since I basically powered to around 120, I would guesstimate that you will get the most bang out of Seed, Knowledge of Dolls, Nettled. I'd assume it is pretty difficult to produce damage without dolls in the early stages when gear is not optimized and those three are basically what give your dolls Oomph.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #842814  Replies : 11  Views : 333
posté March 22, 2015, 10:37:42 | #16

Quote (MereBytes @ 21 March 2015 22:32) *

Quote (Chompers @ 21 March 2015 21:54) *
Stop running lower level dungeons when you are level 170 and it will be fine.

Not everyone is max level with end game gear and until they get to that point making the previous dungeons unplayable for them is not the way to go.

And as said before they need to get around to fixing some horrible dungeons.
I have lvl 118 eni which I'm lvling without help of secondary client.
I'm saying these changes are needed when at approriate lvl of the dungeon.
Almost every dungeon difficulty is scaled down atm.

Enjoy your easy dungeon runs for now. Dungeon difficulty revamp is needed and should happen sooner rather than later.
Someone needs to say it and it might aswell be me.
Content is easy because gear is accessible, gear is accessible because the content is not final content, meaning it is easy for significantly overpowered characters to wreck the content for the gear. This is effective because correct level content is often too difficult or impractical to use. This is the definition of the early, mid and mid-late game.

Essentially, this works the same way as Diablo 2's auction house. It's 'easy' to you because you have access to the gear to run the content efficiently. Go spam HC Vertox and then we can talk about what's 'fair' difficulty.

Peace,
-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #842252  Replies : 42  Views : 1568
posté March 22, 2015, 10:11:18 | #17

Quote (Madcap-13 @ 22 March 2015 06:43) *
I'd say, if you're going Fire/Water, just go ahead and do a tri build. Pick out your favorite two water and fire spells, then slap on Punishment/Underhand and Aging.
This is my personal feeling about attempting any water duo build until water is revamped.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #842250  Replies : 14  Views : 609
posté March 21, 2015, 21:01:52 | #18
Troll post needs to be harder.

Seriously though, no.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #842057  Replies : 42  Views : 1568
posté March 21, 2015, 16:48:23 | #19

Quote (Viliax @ 18 March 2015 19:04) *
Double XP weekeeeeeendddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd be more in favor of something like this  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #842008  Replies : 34  Views : 1899
posté March 21, 2015, 02:34:17 | #20
Lol, I remember the first wave of freakouts over these costumes months ago... So far we're still good.

-Madd

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841869  Replies : 87  Views : 2988