Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

HateSpawn's profile
Statistics
3215 Posts (2.73 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 07:22:13 | #1

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 18 April 2015 19:30) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 18 April 2015 07:14) *
Two spells having delayed damage =/= anti burst. Destructive arrow shits on things life itself,
4 spells technically, but those two spells are the BIG BOOM spells. two big damage anti-burst spells, and two of the best consistent damage spells use elusive so they are antiburst. when the cornerstones of your spells are antiburst, so are you.

explosive is the exception to everything i gripe about with cras. i do cry a little when i group with a cra and they arent exploding the heck out of things.

and you dont see me complaining that cras arent stronger, just that they aren't "wow" (by which i mean they arent that fun) except to hate, who is very exciteable.
It works for me. Don't hate :j

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #853316  Replies : 149  Views : 2126
posté Yesterday - 21:11:47 | #2

Quote (Pimento2 @ 18 April 2015 16:38) *
=insert pimento being the best fucking wakfu player, some more=
Literally I can't even--

I figured I'm getting better at analyzing fights but I didn't event think to check AP costs of spells, nor did I consider the push knocking you out of LoS blocking features of the map.

I was just stuck on killing phase 3 as fast as fucking possible. But you again blow me out of the water and figure out a way to determine every single mechanic prior, by utilizing your first two attempts properly.

I fucking cannot even

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #853165  Replies : 41  Views : 2189
posté Yesterday - 07:14:07 | #3

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 18 April 2015 06:17) *
the running around like a headless chicken to get crits, tedious, not fun.

the best damage combos being anti-burst. (delayed over turns) which means not that useful on mobs that tend to die before the damage sinks in.

what burst damage are we talking about here? the added final damage from eagle eye? cause thats it. storm is anti-burst, because you cant get evasive till turn 2. explosive is good, i'll give you that.

the synergy between branches ends up being kind of restrictive of spell choices based on the states they give.

some weird ap cost results from obvious combos. like biting + rain costs 7 ap, thats an odd one to work in.

the barrel roll is pretty nice now, since it makes cras about as mobile as srams.
Two spells having delayed damage =/= anti burst. Destructive arrow shits on things life itself, and positively shreds bosses. Beacon + Double explosive is something like 340 base damage when you crit both (being a cra you probably will) in a fucking twelve cell AoE, not counting beacon itself. Explosive isn't just good it's manditory. Might I remind you 12 - 7 = 5 which happens to be perfect for another raining or #fuck it explosive arrow??? Having the mobility of a CC class is nothing to scoff at, so let's emphasize the fact that you are as fucking mobile as srams.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 18 April 2015 06:18) *
that weird roll thing existed before the revamp, burst damage existed before the revamp, burst aoe damage existed before the revamp, no line of sight spells that do amazing damage existed before the revamp

The only thing i'll give you is passive regen and life steal both of which are definitely "wow" and much appreciated on cra.

Me and butters had a pretty extensive discussion on this we both semi agree that in some cases cra could be considered better before the revamp or at least on par to how it is now
pre-revamp Plaguing Arrow - Formerly hardly anything to boast, did some decent damage as memory serves but while not backed by hilarious final damage from having range (seriously the fuck?) it seemed fairly lack luster. Now it also gives you reach, so as you use it it gets hilariously stronger. Having Raining Arrows sort of makes you God now anyway.

pre-revamp Destructive Arrow - Stacking 100 riddle/reach was both not rewarding and very time consuming. Now stacking 50 riddle is easy, hardly even necessary, and gives you a nice -final damage increase-.

pre-revamp Explosive Arrow - LOL AOE BURST??? More like AoE wet fucking noodle

pre-revamp Storm Arrow - Will admit this used to be much better, but now that you use movement to get crits it's a lot more natural to use a storm arrow that excludes the MP cost.

pre-revamp Disengage - Is this even worth talking about?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post revamp Beacons - Not only useful, but remedying from spell XP and allows you to have multi-purpose beacons, and have all beacons levelled at once. Not to mention giving all branches a fairly-useful spell (bar I guess Poisoned but even then it has its uses).

post-revamp Powerful Shooting - Grants access to 30% preparation, along with WP Regen???/

post-revamp Disengage/Roly Poly - Pretty much manditory.

post-revamp Biting Blow - Alright, fairly niche but hey stabilizing a Iop who's got his SIP turn is nifty.

just saw you starting to play NV god I'm so fucking annoyed with it right now

post-revamp Explosive - jesus fuck

post-revemp Destructive - jesus fuck

post-revamp Retreat Arrow - jesus fuck

Raining Arrows - jesus fuck

Voracious Arrows - jesus fuck

Like are you not reading the spells

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852970  Replies : 149  Views : 2126
posté Yesterday - 06:08:10 | #4

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 18 April 2015 05:54) *
@Hatespawn, well i know iop isnt really more powerful save for the difference between cc and dist damage bases, but his mechanics are just way more interesting.

big numbers, combos, buffing allies damage. thats where wow comes in.
buffing ally's range, that weird roll thing, burst damage, burst aoe damage, solid consistent, passive regeneration, life steal arrow edition, no line of sight spells that do amazing damage, collision that rivals Iop's wallop combo, WP regen on demand for 5 AP, passive and consistent WP regen, including gaining up to 20% crits every turn...

Sorry, where does the wow not come in on Cra?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852926  Replies : 149  Views : 2126
posté Yesterday - 04:33:22 | #5

Quote (kuwaz @ 18 April 2015 02:49) *
For people on Nox, Noorishes and I built an accurate representation of the steel beak fight map. A great idea suggested by Elenore.
Just go to the Brakmar outpost haven world, door is open. Nothing in the HW blocks LOS, so we had to mark things with an herb and manually put something in the fight to test out his LOS.

Legend
BC Statues = Boss is in the three cells between the statues
Reed = Solid tiles that block LOS
Edelweiss = Solid tiles that dont seem to block LOS
Thistle = Starting positions
Nettle = Semi elevated tiles that dont seem to do anything
Dendron = Elevated tiles that give +4 range
Orchid = Death tiles

Images
Estimated "Safe" spots when boss is on the left: Click here
Estimated "Safe" spots when boss is on the right: Click here
Actual map of the fight: Click here
I prefer just taking a map and coloring over it, but yours is prettier.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852906  Replies : 41  Views : 2189
posté Yesterday - 04:29:04 | #6
Sword -
1 AP 300 HP 50 initiative 140% tri damage, 60% chd, 25% general resist.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852904  Replies : 20  Views : 1067
posté Yesterday - 01:24:26 | #7
Firewall- Neither

Piercing Arrow - AoE

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852851  Replies : 17  Views : 418
posté Yesterday - 01:23:04 | #8

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 17 April 2015 18:35) *

Quote (Hearttyace @ 17 April 2015 16:38) *
Can anyone tell me what Grou actually did that was bad? other than have worse Revamps than Dv7. Did this shit happen under his watch? NOPE.
isnt that enough?

(and Dy7s revamps arent bad, they just don't wow us the way Exi's do. unless Dy also did srams under which conditions I shall eat my hat. but we assume Exi did srams, right?)
They did sram together.

That said if you're calling Exi's revamp of Iop "Wow" because it's a CC class that can do above average damage while in CC, with amazing damage every few turns, then I think I need to go back and find all those gifs of me using pre-september Punishment. Cra is a very wow class and makes a lot of content significantly easier than a iop does.

That said Iop vs SB is gonna be fucking amazing, as is cra.

Quote (Madd1 @ 17 April 2015 17:50) *
BoE works well if the gear is accessible and the content easily doable. That has not been Ankama's track record, but I will hold judgement until I see how difficult SB turns out to be.

SB is just a more challenging and harder to understand vertox, with phase 3 being basically what it used to be when he was still a WB and we all had struggled to end up with more damage% than his resist%

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852849  Replies : 149  Views : 2126
posté Yesterday - 01:16:10 | #9

Quote (Pimento2 @ 17 April 2015 23:52) *
Pretty cool that they've finally released a new UB despite all the problems they had to deal with the last few times. Hopefully they've learned their lesson, although I wonder if they ever fixed being able to completely block regular Black Crow in with a crobak (or severely nerfed karchamrak and/or transposition, been a long time since I last played).
transpo still needs Line Of Sight, Karchamrak got better.

As did blocking bosses, for the most part.

This post has been edited by HateSpawn - April 18, 2015, 01:16:33.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852848  Replies : 41  Views : 2189
posté April 17, 2015, 17:05:02 | #10

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 17 April 2015 17:04) *
if they are heavy then i guess panda still good using bamboozle

also does the wind push stabalized people? like a fogger in a chair?
christ
fogger in a chair I'm fuckin dead

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852624  Replies : 41  Views : 2189
posté April 17, 2015, 17:02:44 | #11

Quote (OM3GA-Z3R0 @ 17 April 2015 17:01) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 17 April 2015 16:59) *

Can anyone tell me what Grou actually did that was bad? other than have worse Revamps than Dv7. Did this shit happen under his watch? NOPE.
instead?

false promises the video game.

Shall we list all of the promised content we both don't have, won't be getting, and had release dates?

As well as things added that had awesome potential and then taken away for no reasons whatsoever.
*starts playing taps in honor of Minatsu Boots*

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852622  Replies : 149  Views : 2126
posté April 17, 2015, 17:02:06 | #12

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 17 April 2015 15:30) *
based on the video, he seems pretty manageable phase 1 and 2 once you've gotten used to the LoS and the pushes.

as for raskaws: pushing them off the map seems likely to work, since it kills toons too.
that being said they're probably heavy just to fuck with pandas.

Idk, I'm 99% sure that whenever I get 6 175s I'll be taking him to p4 or killing him first try.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852621  Replies : 41  Views : 2189
posté April 17, 2015, 16:59:29 | #13

instead?

false promises the video game.

Shall we list all of the promised content we both don't have, won't be getting, and had release dates?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852619  Replies : 149  Views : 2126
posté April 17, 2015, 05:29:13 | #14
Steel Beak - The summary Posting of mechanics, will edit OP

1st Edit - Map is shaped very interestingly, and it seems Steel Beak can spawn on 1 of 2 clouds.

There are a few raised tiles on the map which grant +4 range, and some damage. Some fun facts are he opens with 80k health, something like 470 resistance score (final res of 64%) and 3200% air/earth damage.

First turn he'll pass, summoning literally 9 lv 175 crobaks and passing. In this phase if you're in his line of sight he'll shoot you in the face for somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000-6000, depending on resists and if he decides on critting.

2nd edit - some pictures.

This post has been edited by HateSpawn - April 17, 2015, 05:58:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852386  Replies : 41  Views : 2189
posté April 17, 2015, 05:01:40 | #15
Rooted state, its a perminant minus mp stacking to 3 applied by crow traps

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #852378  Replies : 13  Views : 629
posté April 17, 2015, 03:03:08 | #16

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 17 April 2015 00:22) *
Yep, lv175 requires 1.001b exp. My proof? My own experience. *lv175, woohoo*

Anyways! As for the fight... This guy is definitely going to be crazy. Good luck beating him anytime soon.

So, this is how it went down for me! First turn he starts. Summons 9 lv175 crobaks, then ends his turn. All the crobaks also pass their turn.

I killed a crobak with two Kleptosrams, went invis, and ran towards the boss while invis. On the boss's turn he attacked me for a non-crit ranged 5644 hp, even while I was invis, which means that Sram's invis doesn't work here. He also used the wind attack to push me. The Crobaks couldn't see me though, most just passed their turns.

Next turn, I ran to a glyph to see what it does. Turns out it auto-disembodies you, so don't step on the glyphs!

Aaaand that was my first experience with Steel Beak.
that all said--

next time you encounter him some things that would be great to know

how does he act in the event that you're in his line of sight?

what does that state say, the one called Phase 1: Meeting

what does your state say, the one presumably named Viscious Gusts, which looks like a yellow version of Sadida's gust.

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #852345  Replies : 13  Views : 629
posté April 16, 2015, 22:53:49 | #17
which was the right box?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852248  Replies : 17  Views : 700
posté April 16, 2015, 22:53:16 | #18

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 16 April 2015 21:10) *

Quote (Element @ 16 April 2015 15:47) *
Was this taken from the Beta (gif of the aura)? As it'd take you a long time to get the feathers for the equip and 175 this quick seems a bit suspicious as well as completing the dungeon (could be easy don't know). Also what's the title? Looked at your chars but they're all low level so this seems even more suspicious
Now that you mentioned title, if we have someone else craft the NIO, we also won't be getting title.
No title.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852247  Replies : 149  Views : 2126
posté April 16, 2015, 18:23:15 | #19
zerk is a waste of time, you'll drag down your team if your goal is to be half dead as often as possible.

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #852148  Replies : 3  Views : 415
posté April 16, 2015, 09:19:54 | #20
literally the reason linked items were never a problem was you had the OPTION of working harder to drop the item, at which point it'd be unlinked.

the issue here is even the FUCKING DROPS, let alone the crafts which are non questionably the only way to obtain the items, are fucking bound on equip. Like we have no choice you're linked immediately, or linked later. 100% of fucking SB's set is fucking linked, no matter how hard you want to work for the piece.

It's

fucking

stupid

Give us CHOICES don't TAKE THEM AWAY literally WHY do you do these things

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #851967  Replies : 149  Views : 2126