Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

Roumo's profile
Statistics
66 Posts (0.02 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté November 20, 2013, 03:01:52 | #1
Hmm. I don't know about you guys, but this seems a little fishy.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #637811  Replies : 5  Views : 597
posté November 14, 2013, 08:36:04 | #2
Aha oh my, there's been quite a stir-up during my absence it seems.

I'm all for equality, though the one week subscription does seem a bit off. It costs $3.50 NZD by credit card for a week subscription, but it costs $5.00 NZD for 800 ogrines (considering it costs 1400 and 1250 respectively)

Maybe it's due to exchange rates? Idk, maths makes my brain spontaneously combust.

Anyhow, the other options seem fairly reasonable. I'm not going to get riled up just because I have to pay an extra couple dollars for a month, or $10-15.00 or so for a year's subscription. I'm grateful Wakfu is still cheaper than most games I subscribe to. ;D

Thread : News  Preview message : #634471  Replies : 237  Views : 8394
posté April 25, 2013, 12:50:05 | #3
Howdy,

You'll need to contact Ankama Support and get a new security question if you've forgotten it or it's not working. You may need to give proof that you are indeed the owner of the account.

You can contact support Here.

Please be aware that response time may be quite lengthy. I wish you all the best.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #532447  Replies : 2  Views : 353
posté April 25, 2013, 09:32:02 | #4
I disagree with the idea of handing seeds out to random active accounts.

I feel that it is a very dynamic part of the game to be able to freely manipulate the world and the people around it. Giving seeds to a bunch of people will technically run the risk of never bringing something down to extinction, which kinda ruins the point and feel of what the game is about.

Much like the government can control the laws and make being in a certain nation a living nightmare, so to I feel should be a possibility to a lesser extent to everyone else. Eco-terrorism does have the word 'terror' in it for a reason.

But think about it... An entire community against a few people hoarding a bunch of saplings. I'm sure a guild can work together to pay a cheeky devil for a sapling, or negotiate some other term. It may not be convenient and it may set people back, but I don't think that risk factor should be removed from the game.

In a world shattered by Ogrest's Chaos, life isn't easy.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #532333  Replies : 4  Views : 558
posté April 23, 2013, 11:21:53 | #5
At current, I am not worried about eco-terrorists what so ever. They haven't caused any negative impact on me, and any negative impact they cause on the world is minimal and easily repaired. In fact, I quite like eco-terrorists. They make me look good in front of my nation and earn me citizenship points to boot.

I guess if I was more involved in combat and farming mats from mobs, it would be a bit of an issue... But a smart person will be sure to stockpile on seeds before hand.

At current, I don't think the mechanics of the ecosystem have a bad enough impact on the world if the ecosystem is imbalanced. People like me still try to maintain the ecosystem, but it's not really that rewarding. It's probably more rewarding for an eco-terrorist since at least they are getting mats, logs, and crops out of it and leave the work of regrowing to everyone else.

This post has been edited by Roumo - April 23, 2013, 11:22:17.
Thread : The Ecosystem  Preview message : #530929  Replies : 21  Views : 2320
posté April 23, 2013, 11:11:10 | #6
It can be bought back to balance; however, it would take the work of a lot of groups fighting at the same time to kill off more than are being bred. As the more there are, the faster they breed. But then the issue is keeping things balanced. At balance, they are probably still large enough in numbers to breed at an alarming rate. The only way to really slow them down to a manageable rate would be to reduce their numbers to dangerous levels, which would mean there would be an imbalance in the ecosystem either way.

Thread : The Ecosystem  Preview message : #530923  Replies : 8  Views : 1103
posté April 23, 2013, 11:01:36 | #7
Not stupid at all, I like your concept and I would like to see this implemented in-game.

As one of the answers says on at least one of the procession tests (lumberjack I think); plants and crops can only grow on certain soils. The original goal for Wakfu was to have players impact the world and 'repair' it. Having soils that slowly degrade would help to give a feel that you are actually leaving an impact (as I feel with the current ecosystem machanic isn't the case).

With stronger fertilizers that raise the percentage more than others, it could also be turned into a bit of an opportunity to get into the trade and sell/exchange fertilizer.

I agree with AlisonRobin that it will be more of a chore, but as long as soils only degrade slowly over time (like 1% every hundred plants/crops, etc), it won't be too much of an issue.

Thread : The Ecosystem  Preview message : #530917  Replies : 2  Views : 461
posté April 21, 2013, 11:11:17 | #8
What I can agree with is that f2p on Wakfu is pretty limited and not enough to really get to have a feel of what the skills and professions are like. Sure you can mine and whatnot, but those resources don't even have a purpose, with Ogrest's chaos being gone and dragoturkey express not needing repairs. The only thing you can really get a feel of is the combat side of things (and a little bit of ecosystem at Incarnam I suppose). No economics, governments or anything like that.

It is early days I suppose, and may changes are in the process of being made. A change for f2p could also be a future plan. Astrub specific trees, low level crafts, etcetc. Who knows? Perhaps Astrub's own little ecosystem and economy that wouldn't have any impact on the other nations. Hmm.

Though I guess if Astrub has an economy/ecosystem, people will be more likely to remain f2p. I'm sure AG wants to draw people into subscribing. Hmm, hum, hom.

This post has been edited by Roumo - April 21, 2013, 11:14:03.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #529471  Replies : 21  Views : 1161
posté April 21, 2013, 08:02:43 | #9
Wakfu only costs $7 to $8 a month to play. It's not an expensive game to play, in fact it is one of the cheapest games I have ever paid for in MMO history. It's also super unique, you won't find many (if any) games quite like it. Completely different to GW2

Guild Wars 2 is owned by a multi BILLION dollar company with over 3,000 employees and run a whole bunch of games. GW2 may be free to play, but you DO still have to pay for the game. NCsoft can do their whole 'buy once and play forever' thing due to the mass popularity and the hundreds of thousands of people who play their games. A downside is that you can't even test a game out unless you pay for it. They don't even have a trial (well except for their play-for-free weekends which are EXTREMELY rare).

For Wakfu, you don't have to buy the game, and you can spend as much time as you want without paying a single thing. It gives you time to grow accustomed to your characters. Sure there are limitations, all games with f2p/p2p have limitations. What would happen if f2p players could do such things as trade, mine and mint kamas? It would open the market for gold farming. (Seriously, I've even seen gold spammers on GW2 during this free-for-all weekend, but not a single one on Wakfu).

Both games are good. Both games have their perks. The good thing about GW2 is that it saves you money to subscribe to other games. Hence why I play GW2 and subscribe to Wakfu without complaining.

Ankama Games was a bit cheeky with their wording, but it works. Would you be more tempted to try a game that says 'Play For Free!', or a game that says 'Try Our Limited Demo!'? Marketing at thy finest.

This post has been edited by Roumo - April 21, 2013, 08:04:38.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #529417  Replies : 21  Views : 1161
posté April 21, 2013, 06:42:35 | #10
I love it! I like using it for mixing and matching equipment to create costumes with. I'm also a sucker for things that are vanity and also for things that are ultra rare and/or pretty much unobtainable, so it's great to see and drool over all these fancy doodads I may never see in-game.

I'd like to see a 'requirements' tab for equipment that has certain conditions to wear. I.e. Ones that require a certain percentage of Wakfu/Stasis.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #529385  Replies : 23  Views : 1545
posté April 21, 2013, 05:09:11 | #11
Welcome back to Wakfu! As far as I knew, DOFUS had been made seriously PvP orientated for years now. I didn't know it was possible to make it even more so. @___@

Wish I could contribute more to the thread, but I am a nutter for Fecas and that's about all. So the perfect multi-account team for me would be Feca, Feca, Feca, and Feca.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #529357  Replies : 4  Views : 399
posté April 20, 2013, 12:40:58 | #12
Try making thousands of bread, then start complaining about how it takes 5 minutes to crush a bunch of weapons.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #528867  Replies : 9  Views : 625
posté April 19, 2013, 16:21:58 | #13

Quote (cyndiloo @ 19 April 2013 16:05) *
good luck with that on nox, i have 1000 cuttings
'Right Click > Trample' x1000.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #528283  Replies : 31  Views : 1676
posté April 19, 2013, 15:41:56 | #14
I find that it also brings more use for item crafting, as most of the lower level gear that can be crafted is looked over completely.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #528243  Replies : 8  Views : 891
posté April 19, 2013, 15:39:26 | #15
It's great that there is finally something else that's finally susceptible to eco-terrorism and is not in great abundance. Brings a little more excitement for those who prefer a little challenge.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #528237  Replies : 31  Views : 1676
posté April 19, 2013, 15:17:39 | #16
Welcome to Wakfu!

Frequent down-time like this isn't usual, though there is routine maintenance done weekly.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #528213  Replies : 4  Views : 357
posté April 19, 2013, 14:58:55 | #17
Lookin' good! I'll see what I can contribute.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #528183  Replies : 10  Views : 2571
posté January 28, 2013, 23:20:13 | #18
I think generally services provided by Ankama Games are heavily under-rated and not too well known except in France. If more people knew about Wakfu, more people would play.

Start taking advantage of your friends everyone, and invite them to play (and score some tofukaze rewards whilst you're at it) ;P

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #243229  Replies : 14  Views : 1517
posté January 28, 2013, 23:12:35 | #19
This update is brilliant for us pure farmers/bakers.

Bread sales were okay before, but now they'll be sure to increase tenfold! Now giving a 1% discount to sacs buying my bread. ;D

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #243225  Replies : 27  Views : 1422