Back to

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

ReiYano's profile
728 Posts (0.75 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 13:47:22 | #1
Oh... BBC got bored

(also this thread is embarrassing)

This post has been edited by ReiYano - November 30, 2015, 13:59:03.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #928450  Replies : 145  Views : 733
posté Yesterday - 14:15:16 | #2

Quote (Madd1 @ 29 November 2015 01:27) *
I think 'everyone knows everyone' only really applies to the super hardcore players. I am confident there are tons of people I don't know who don't know me. In fact, it's a relatively unknown fact that I've run The Borg for three years. I think every single time the topic comes up, the person finding this information out for the first time is both surprised and confused.

I do feel like the general 'drama' tone of Nox has calmed down quite a lot, this probably stems from a combination of a large chunk of volatile players burning themselves out on the game, and the fact that most of the activities that cause hostility are all but moot.

Most of the guilds have merged into large guilds or legacy guilds, either you play with a large group of people you don't know as well, or you play with a small tight knit group of friends. Gear is all linked now, so you can't 'borrow' someone stuff and not give it back. Many people just run the authenticator, and account sharing is much less of a thing, especially with Heroes and F2P, so I think there's a lot less 'All my chars got deleted!' problems. The government systems and national pride is at an all time low for the game. Even I don't give two sh*ts about nations anymore, an utter waste of time. Most people have accepted that PVP is a 1v1 garbagefest where if you don't like playing dirty, don't play at all.

I also think that Nox now has a much more legacy set of players. People who were 15 when they started would be 18, people who were 18 would be 21, I started this game when I was 28 and now I'm 32. Age changes a lot, and a lot of the high school mentality that flooded the server in 2012 seems to have grown up as high school mentalities tend to do.

Remington, when Nox first merged into the international community, was a very snooty player-base. Quick to judge the unchecked duping problems and dubious players taking advantage of it, slow to support the decent players enjoying the game. How much they've grown or changed I cannot say, but I can say that recent events makes it seem they have just as many problems with poor players as any other server. So realistically, choosing a server is probably more logical based on your availability and language preferences as stated above.

once again you sum things up very simply. This is all pretty much the truth.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #928227  Replies : 26  Views : 599
posté Yesterday - 01:07:37 | #3
Timezones are more important I think. if you live in US or Canada I would suggest Nox... and as was said 90% of Nox people speak fluent english so if you do not want to deal with the situation where you are trying to figure out what people are saying then I would suggest Nox.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #928177  Replies : 26  Views : 599
posté November 26, 2015, 00:17:08 | #4
this is actually a pretty good idea. I wouldnt mind a 2 crit + 1 element resist (for like 20 res or something). I always have at least one weak resist because of the new gears.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927711  Replies : 3  Views : 218
posté November 25, 2015, 03:53:34 | #5

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 24 November 2015 23:53) *
If it works cross server id maybe consider coming back but i highly doubt it will unfortunately
if you could transfer toons to whole other accounts that would be pretty awesome but I just dont see ankama allowing it.... maybe if you transfered the toon without gears if its cross server? idk would be amazing tho.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927557  Replies : 11  Views : 494
posté November 24, 2015, 20:45:53 | #6

Quote (Neneko88 @ 24 November 2015 19:59) *
Monk island, an island most people could get to without leveling to level 180 and a dungeon that was possible that same week/month.
Compare that to moon island and the 180-200 levels you need to get to it.

I keep telling people wakfu needs less levels and content to be easier
I would like more challenging content personally. But I do see where you are coming from.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927487  Replies : 137  Views : 3788
posté November 24, 2015, 19:53:04 | #7

Quote (Flatops @ 24 November 2015 07:18) *

There are no details announced for this service yet. We appreciate the excitement about it .

One thing is for certain, as in any other service, there will be accompanying rules.

Please feel free to post here any ideas or suggestions for the service, and we will discuss it within the team.
I think I could deal with just about everything except losing linked (fully runed no less) gears honestly. ty!

This post has been edited by ReiYano - November 24, 2015, 19:53:51.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927482  Replies : 11  Views : 494
posté November 23, 2015, 23:02:00 | #8
Linked gear during character transfers? The number one thing I am concerned about for the new character transfer service is the transferring of linked gears. If I cannot take a long all my linked gears to my toon's new account then there is no point to transfer the character. I would have to go through an incredible amount of work just to obtain all that gear all over again.

Also the price... if its too high then I just wont use it. But if I cant transfer linked items then I see zero point in doing so.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927352  Replies : 11  Views : 494
posté November 23, 2015, 17:32:16 | #9

Quote (runeflydino @ 23 November 2015 17:02) *
I like how this thread went from "Is Wakfu slowly dying or not" to "Lets criticize Wakfu"
Drama-Baiting Alert.

thats how all of these types of threads end up.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927316  Replies : 137  Views : 3788
posté November 23, 2015, 17:26:33 | #10

*queue sad music*
For only a small monthly donation you can help end their suffering.... so please call now.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927314  Replies : 7  Views : 524
posté November 23, 2015, 08:37:54 | #11
the problem is that the hero system is not subscribing for a 'kitchen' its subscribing for a whole other 'home'. being able to control more than one toon at a time is them catering to multiboxers who boost each of their accounts. with character transfers on the way if ankama made hero slots a 1 time payment it would really cut into their income since all a player would need to do to save some money would be to transfer all their toons to two separate accounts and thus 4 different toons get to benefit from boosters without actually paying anything extra. those 4 accounts would likely be abandoned and no longer boosted as a result. multiply that by a few hundred people and you got a massive amount of profit loss.

This post has been edited by ReiYano - November 23, 2015, 08:38:23.
Thread : News  Preview message : #927258  Replies : 85  Views : 1479
posté November 22, 2015, 23:05:31 | #12

Quote (FeldePard @ 22 November 2015 22:55) *

Quote (ReiYano @ 22 November 2015 22:54) *
If there are moon island mobs in the HW are non subbed people able to fight them?

Yes. :3 Mobs in HW are available to anyone, subbed or not!
In that case I would just like to mention that Lovelace has 2 moon island pens for the mobs at the entrance (open to anyone). The haven world is at the martial path zaap @ brakmar (to the right of it) and anyone that wants to try out the mobs are free to. However they are not very large pens and we do have a contrabandit building so keep that in mind. Just to let anyone on Nox know in case they want to try out the new mobs or something.

This post has been edited by ReiYano - November 22, 2015, 23:05:54.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927199  Replies : 12  Views : 700
posté November 22, 2015, 22:58:04 | #13

Quote (Mr-buddy2u @ 22 November 2015 02:45) *
we need a wakfu is dying sub forum

its only dead outside france they have a core market
that forum would be pretty active. might take away from the general discussion. but it might stimulate some activity in the community so they could focus their energy on all the discussions to be had on why they think wakfu is dying or other complaints. Make it a subscription based forum so only subbed accounts get access to talk about how the game is dying and related subjects. Could be very profitable.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927197  Replies : 137  Views : 3788
posté November 22, 2015, 22:54:35 | #14
If there are moon island mobs in the HW are non subbed people able to fight them?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927194  Replies : 12  Views : 700
posté November 22, 2015, 20:29:37 | #15
In any good F2P game with an in game shop you usually buy vanity items or convenience services. It is really really simple... Ankama saw that there are a lot of people that play more than 1 account at a time so they made it an option to pay for the convenience of playing multiple toons on 1 account. The option to play more than 1 toon at a time is still there for free and they wouldn't set a limitation on it. Same goes for restats... its free in game but just a pain in the ass (its clear its intentional) and if you want to avoid that grind then just pay up. Since it is a completely free game they gotta cover the cost somehow. Those of us that pay for boosters, heroes, costumes etc etc are probably a small percent of the total population but are the reason this game is still kicking.

This post has been edited by ReiYano - November 22, 2015, 20:31:37.
Thread : News  Preview message : #927179  Replies : 85  Views : 1479
posté November 21, 2015, 17:25:17 | #16
I have taken breaks in the past and at one point thought I would be quitting for good (years ago) but I usually came back. There are times I have more patience for the grind than usual. Right now is not one of those times and I find myself playing other games a whole lot more lately. So I go back and forth between moments of intense Wakfu gaming and other gaming.

I can tell you right now that once Dark Souls 3 comes out I will be just gone for a few months lol. But I have come to the conclusion that I just cant leave Wakfu and I really do enjoy the game.

Personally I would love to see a lot of the bugs go away. Hopefully the programmers can manage to slay a lot of the annoying ones (like the lag issue) in time. For a 2D game the performance is atrocious. I always end up having to restart the client after an hour or 2.

This post has been edited by ReiYano - November 21, 2015, 17:28:34.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #927046  Replies : 12  Views : 702
posté November 20, 2015, 03:07:38 | #17

Quote (Madd1 @ 20 November 2015 01:18) *
I greatly appreciate the attempts at transparency moving forward and I will especially appreciate if the players can have a clear and maintained understanding of the vision of the developers accompanied by the reasoning behind changes. I think some parts of the development have gone very smoothly with this (Sadida sub-revamp, for example while not the most well received, was very well communicated and I appreciate that greatly). Other content and changes have not received the same treatment or receptiveness to constructive criticism.

While I understand that it is impossible to accept all criticism, I think there should be a clear community outlet to combine and get verification of at least delivery of community desires for something, and maybe some explanations about key topics among the community for why something can/can not happen and why it does or does not fit into the developers visions.

I think you will find that most people, even if they are unhappy with changes, will be much more receptive if there is a clear and definitive communication and understanding of the vision behind them. Transparency and collaboration are the key moving forward.

This is especially true for some of the strange, and often sudden or unexpected migrations. I feel that it is important for the community to understand things like a threshold that is considered 'playable' per the reason Amara is being shut down. I come from a populated, but not extremely populated server, and I have no desire, interest or want for any kind of server merge (which will cost me most of what really ties me to this game as I expect it did for much of Phaeris, the Chinese server and Amara when they experienced migration/migration pains). If the company expects to retain a decent amount of legacy players in these instances, there needs to be clear cut guidelines and better explanation as to the cause of these issues.

I also believe one of the most important things is to outline where things that are 'in development' lie in their dev cycle. PVP/GVG/NVN/Prims have been up in the air for 2-3 years, the craft revamp has been up in the air for almost 2 years, mobile arenas have been closed for over 3 years without explanation, alkatrool content has been all but merkator abandoned for 2 years, we were told to still expect class revamps for remaining classes which have no status update, nor is there any status on UBs such as big Sandhill (UB gap is 125-175, a huge jump compared to 80-90-105-115-125).

I'm very excited at the prospect of better transparency from the company, as it should put most of the at least somewhat rational naysayers at least somewhat at ease. Most of the community hostility, I feel, comes from feeling blindfolded in a cage, unaware of what's coming until it hits us in the face.

Special shout out to the CM's who have to be the most patient people on earth for dealing with us on a regular basis. I'd have probably flipped a table on a good half of the community over the last few years and peaced out.

Best regards in future development,
- Madd
Great post. This pretty much sums up all the complaints besides client bugs and lag. Hopefully this can get read by a higher up.

Thread : News  Preview message : #926791  Replies : 85  Views : 1479
posté November 19, 2015, 18:42:37 | #18
Call me a white knight or whatever. I really don't care. I want Ankama to succeed and will be following the company very closely. Much love for this huge amount of info from the higher ups and thanks to flatops and sabi down on the front lines dealing with all our crap XD. I try not to be too negative but I really do love the work you guys put forward. Try not to let all the Negative Nancys on the forums get you all too down. Trolls are something every company/community must deal with

Here's to Ankama 2016!

Thread : News  Preview message : #926698  Replies : 85  Views : 1479
posté November 19, 2015, 17:53:50 | #19
Cant wait to play it honestly. I doubt they will let people with access class change to them. Guess I gotta start it from lvl 1.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #926689  Replies : 216  Views : 8870
posté November 19, 2015, 15:37:06 | #20

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #926651  Replies : 137  Views : 3788