Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

elgatopucha's profile
Statistics
112 Posts (0.07 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 21, 2016, 01:03:46 | #1
Heya. I'll try to catch you online. IGN is "Chrysanthia."

I sent you a very detailed email about the best way to catch me online in the game, but Ankama's Ankabox sucks and refuses to send the message even though obviously we are on each other's friends list.

You will now see a short version of that PM.

Meet time: 7PM CST. I will try to be online today. If not, I will try to be online 7PM everyday for 30 minutes MTWThF. I am very busy IRL, so I really don't get down-time except on weekends.

I also have a forum bug that doesn't let me sign into the forums during weekdays when I am at my other place. I am trying to find a work-around to this, but wanted to let you know incase you didn't receive a response from me on forums.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #976297  Replies : 12  Views : 348
posté August 15, 2016, 06:10:48 | #2
Sorry, I have too many of those already.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #975602  Replies : 16  Views : 724
posté August 15, 2016, 01:38:49 | #3

Quote (Captchphrase @ 15 August 2016 00:22) *
A server merge is not a solution but another blow. Wakfu communities are well divided, if you merge them would be a chaos for the time zone. Even worst if you merge Remington and Nox and keep the prices of Nox.... must as well just burn the servers, a huge ammount of the former will drop dead the game.

What makes you think that if you merge the Remington and Nox servers that the game would still use Nox prices? Even in that scenario, you can always adjust the kama recipes to match the inflation like they have done recently. I really don't understand why people are so afraid of inflation in the game when that can simply be countered by the money-sinks and other ways to help remove money in the long-term. There would be market chaos for sure, but everything will eventually reach an equilibrium.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #975586  Replies : 27  Views : 930
posté August 14, 2016, 21:22:11 | #4
One of the problems with not merging the server economies in that scenario is that each server would still be sparsely populated, thus many meta-game aspects such as the market for high-end gear could still create issues. For example, someone may drop a highly valuable item (let's say it is a level 190+ epic) that is hard to sell on the market board because 1. there aren't that many people that high level and 2. not many people would be able to afford it anyway. The player who dropped it could try selling it at a lower price, but there comes a point when the cost-benefits ratio is not favorable and the player lacks motivation to keep farming the dungeon in order to earn money from valuable drops. Merging the economies into one could help ameliorate this scenario by allowing more wealthy, high-level players to interact with one another and sell their gear.

As a side note, I remember playing an MMO that had multiple servers (it was huge) that you could connect to at will if one server was full of people at different dungeons or resource-gathering spots. The markets were fused into one, and there was an auction house where people could type in the name of an item they wanted at the price they were willing to pay, and the game would sell them that item if someone else put the item on the board for that price (or lower). There was also a "loot-share" system where people could fight bosses, and valuable drops would automatically try to match with auction house requests (so it would try to automatically sell if it could). If the item sold instantly, the money was divided equally among the players. It was a huge incentive for playing really hard dungeons together because you could earn a lot of money from your hard work.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #975556  Replies : 27  Views : 930
posté August 14, 2016, 21:02:36 | #5
The sad truth about bots is that they can't be stopped. Their power comes from their disposability combined with the ease in which they can create new accounts. Even trying to make their code nonfunctional is only a band-aid fix because the bot programmers can easily work around the code issues.

There is, however, a way to defeat the bots. Without going into real-life politics, the solution is simple: the power of the free-market economy. If Ankama simply undercuts these businesses that sell kamas by selling it in the Boutique at cheaper rates, they can drive the gold-selling websites out of business. People that have a proclivity towards RMT would simply buy their kamas from Ankama's Wakfu Boutique because they know they won't get banned doing it and because it is a cheaper option.

The downside is that this game would basically be 100% "pay-to-win," but unfortunately I believe this is not really possible to avoid if you really want to defeat the bots/gold-selling sites.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #975554  Replies : 17  Views : 856
posté August 14, 2016, 20:34:39 | #6

Quote (EnErGyDrInKS1223 @ 14 August 2016 20:27) *
A merge shouldn't happen, it would mess up the servers economy. However, a way to somehow connect to the other server would be nice.
P.S. There has been a lot of threads like this one.

You're right that it would create a lot of issues for the economy of each server (like hyperinflation), but things like hyperinflation can always be mitigated by introducing kama-sinks (like the HW auctions) that are attractive enough for people to bother with. For people to be able to "somehow connect to the other server," I believe you'd invariably have to allow people to interact with the markets of each server (so a "merge," in a sense). More items won't be a problem with more people. You would end up creating a more coherent game economy rather than a different economy for each server.

Even though there's been a lot of threads on this topic, I believe we have to create new ones like this in order to generate discussion and capture the attention of the admins/devs. Otherwise, it is a topic that is too easy to ignore despite many of the concerns shared (such as low server population) are concerns shared by many, likely most, of the people who play this game. The loudest are the ones that are heard.

This post has been edited by elgatopucha - August 31, 2016, 02:26:57.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #975550  Replies : 27  Views : 930
posté August 14, 2016, 20:16:00 | #7
I think players should be able to connect to different servers at their will. Basically, you can connect to a different server in order to find people to group with, or you can connect to a different server if a resource (like mining spots) is too full.

With the server populations being what they are, there really is no reason for players to not be able to interact with each other. A lot of the meta-game that could exist (for example niche markets in the economy) are simply non-existent due to the lack of a big enough population. For example, a rare market (stuff like rare costumes, hats, etc for purely cosmetic value) doesn't really exist because there aren't enough people who play that would have an interest. Collectors like myself end up getting bored and quit the game because it is hard to find others with the same interest. Even regular gear/relics/epics can take a while to sell even when selling at under-market prices just because there isn't a big enough player base to generate the demand.

Consequences to the economy be damned, the ability for people to move freely across the servers with all their gear, items, etc would be better than what we have now. A 10-fold increase in item prices due to hyperinflation would be better than what we have now.

Another issue, though not really related, is that the guild limits (200 cap) is way too small when you factor in the fact that a lot of people use heroes. For the large guilds, it is impossible to build a community of the size we'd like to have just because each member has at least 2 heroes that they play, and the hero system is basically a consequence of the fact that many people can't find others to group with for dungeons.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #975548  Replies : 27  Views : 930
posté August 14, 2016, 19:07:41 | #8
Sounds good. There's no major rush as I am fairly busy IRL myself. I probably won't check the thread everyday, but I'll check periodically. I don't play during the weekdays, so contacting me in-game won't be very practical.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #975544  Replies : 12  Views : 348
posté August 14, 2016, 19:02:53 | #9
Sweet. If you will, do the first one ("King Suleiman"), please.

I'll pay you with witch costume.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #975542  Replies : 12  Views : 348
posté August 14, 2016, 18:43:04 | #10
Can you take 2 commissions from same person? I will pay you with transparent and witch costumes.

1. "King Suleiman"

2. "The Crocodyl Hunter"

Bottom perspective without hat to give a better shot of the face.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #975540  Replies : 12  Views : 348
posté August 14, 2016, 08:40:21 | #11
WTB Blackskate Hat Please post here or Ankabox.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #975499  Replies : 1  Views : 89
posté August 14, 2016, 01:43:39 | #12

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #975476  Replies : 3  Views : 180
posté August 13, 2016, 00:16:16 | #13
WTB Nox Costume/WTT Clint My offer is a Clint, a very rare hat. PM me on Ankabox or post on this thread if interested. Thanks.

This post has been edited by elgatopucha - August 31, 2016, 02:26:58.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #975369  Replies : 3  Views : 180
posté August 12, 2016, 21:57:26 | #14
Bump

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #975357  Replies : 16  Views : 724
posté August 12, 2016, 21:57:04 | #15
Bump

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #975356  Replies : 4  Views : 161
posté August 01, 2016, 03:24:41 | #16
I think the market is going through a deflationary period following the HW auctions. I've seen a lot of people not able to sell things like gear and costumes when normally there should be no problem selling these things.

The best thing to do is find some other way to make your kamas and ride out the storm.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #974228  Replies : 15  Views : 676
posté July 30, 2016, 07:53:00 | #17
Bump. Still looking for Blazy sets.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #974039  Replies : 16  Views : 724
posté July 30, 2016, 07:49:29 | #18
WTT Crystaloball hat WTT my Crystaloball for one of the following:

-Eachure Hat

-Minatsu Hat

-Spelunking Helmet

-F'artagnan Hat

-Gladiatrool Wig

-Nox Costume
-Champion of Champions Costume

The hat looks like this:

(Yes, that's the DBZ hat!)

If you have any of the above items and have interest in my hat, please PM me. My IGN is "Chrysanthia." If you have trouble reaching me, try sending an Ankabox or posting to this thread. I will entertain other offers but am interested in something unique.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #974038  Replies : 4  Views : 161
posté July 19, 2016, 05:54:00 | #19
I'll send you a message when I see you online.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #972844  Replies : 6  Views : 243
posté July 18, 2016, 16:50:25 | #20
Bump. Still buying. For what it's worth, I'll pay a ridiculously high price for this item (1,500,000).

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #972779  Replies : 6  Views : 243