Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 19 Septangel
Me Hearty Party
A whole day in honour of pirates: that's the dream that Seth Halitosis, modest corsair from the ...

No flash

FurmentalAlch...'s profile
Statistics
322 Posts (0.28 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 05:15:04 | #1
I dunno, I kinda like the new male Ecaflip. With that big grin, the scar and gold tooth, he looks like a true scoundrel, perhaps betting against the wrong people every now and then~

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777345  Replies : 45  Views : 643
posté September 17, 2014, 16:20:49 | #2
All haven world recipes for kama minting are absolutely unviable now. Not impossible, but certainly not worth it. Either make them require non-rare resources or it'd be best to just bump the spawn rate of these a fair bit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777042  Replies : 10  Views : 345
posté September 15, 2014, 17:40:04 | #3
It also messes you in Missiz Freezz and Zwombbit, just so people know. I'm almost inclined to believe this was an oversight, but who knows. There you go, added difficulty for those who were saying dungeons are way too easy now.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776193  Replies : 4  Views : 404
posté September 14, 2014, 18:02:09 | #4

Quote (kurokat @ 14 September 2014 15:15) *

Quote (samrux2 @ 14 September 2014 15:11) *
Didn't they REDUCE heal resistance, from 6% to 3%?

Heal resistance Value: The value of resistance to heals will change from 6% HP max = 1% resistance to heals to 3% HP max = 1% resistance to heal.
Yup. From 6% to 3%.

- Kat
The way I read it, this change applies to PvP only. Makes sense since otherwise the battles would drag on fairly longer, especially considering we now have items with PvP health and larger health pools everywhere that we once had in PvP only.

I do agree the sidekicks have a dire need for rebalancing. I've been only taking my utility sidekicks (Skale and Protoflex) to dungeons as their damage was always negligible for the most part, and my poor Lumino just can't keep up at all with his heals. I'm not asking for him to be able to be better than an Eni and do 2.5k crit heals at level 130, just to be slightly better than what he could do before the patch in order to compensate for the larger damage values/ resists/HP pools.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - September 14, 2014, 20:11:28.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775808  Replies : 24  Views : 933
posté September 14, 2014, 17:51:55 | #5
That's the sort of things you discuss with your guild leader beforehand. I find it perfectly reasonable your Merit gets reset, since you are fighting under your nation's banner after all. On the rankings, you'll get ranked among members of your nation. That's from the few non-broken things the PvP system has.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775801  Replies : 5  Views : 250
posté September 13, 2014, 18:19:08 | #6
Well, it's good to know our female characters aren't just supposed to be showing off their... assets just like that.

Now, I'm well aware this is a far older "bug" or change of behavior, or what have you... but is there any chance the Dark Hurl Costume will ever give the "ghostof" appearance again to characters wearing it? Or is this completely out of the question? :c

For reference, this is how it should look:

And this is how it's been looking for months:

I don't recall anyone from Ankama ever saying if the change was intended or not. I'm not the only one to notice this. 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775467  Replies : 9  Views : 544
posté September 09, 2014, 18:57:29 | #7

Quote (HateSpawn @ 09 September 2014 18:53) *

Quote (Asthis @ 09 September 2014 18:52) *
She has droopy ears. HATSPOON, SHE HAS DROOPY EARS.
get out right now
Ahahahahaha

Sacs are kinksters though. Quite into BDSM, best paired with an Osamodas (Y'know... Sadomaso backwards)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #772900  Replies : 10  Views : 282
posté September 09, 2014, 16:13:50 | #8

Quote (Tsukimara @ 09 September 2014 16:11) *
Does anyone know what the 5th icon is in the Guild Nations list?
There is no hover tooltip on the icons.
That's the new Riktus outlaw nation.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #772473  Replies : 772  Views : 5624
posté September 09, 2014, 16:05:50 | #9

Quote (Mikutza @ 09 September 2014 13:58) *

Quote (Onaven @ 09 September 2014 12:49) *

Quote (Drowns @ 09 September 2014 12:47) *
Is it fair to bring conversation on the crit nerf in here? I kind of want to talk about it as some people dislike it where as I felt it added worth to stats that normally wouldn't have even been considered.
The upside to this is you can spend points into critical damage
Its not that bad... if you fully invest in crit dmg though.

Old: 100 base / 150 on crit 700% elemental = 1200 dmg (1350 with 100%critdmg)

New: 100 base / 125 crit 700% elemental + 100% critdmg = 1125 dmg

Mobs still deal 1.5x more crit dmg though.
This. I understand the reason why our crits are being nerfed, kind of too much power creep and the fact we were able to get so many critical hits from even pretty early on. The thing is... crits are supposed to feel special and powerful. They represent hitting an enemy's weak point as a show of skill or by mere happenstance. Classes that forgo going for raw dumb damage and invest on critical hits for a chance to deal more damage or apply a special effect should also be viable (Fire/Earth Ecas, Air Osas, Air Masqs). Happens similarly with block, which still reduces final damage by 30% and mobs tend to have a crapton of.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #772467  Replies : 772  Views : 5624
posté September 09, 2014, 15:53:41 | #10
Woah, guess I missed the party already.

Quote (HateSpawn @ 09 September 2014 12:34) *

Quote (Taqo1 @ 09 September 2014 12:27) *
lol I know you can see them when people quote them, which they tend to do because Im brilliant, thats the difference between you and me
get your ego out of here

The irony in this hurts. Gotta love all those orbs of glory nobody will ever get because they find out how incredibly annoying the PvP system in its current half-baked implementation is. Linking things to nations when there's barely any guild infrastructure was a bad, bad idea.

Ah well, just to be expected the newest patch is an unstable mess, time to check out tomorrow and play that one game with guilds and wars, they also had a patch today and it's not utterly broken.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - September 09, 2014, 16:09:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #772463  Replies : 108  Views : 1998
posté September 07, 2014, 19:58:05 | #11

Crits are supposed to feel special. Classes that forgo raw damage in favor of crits do it for the chance at hitting harder or applying special effects in exchange for more variable damage or efficiency. Sometimes I wonder if they've got supervillains among Wakfu game designers.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - September 07, 2014, 19:59:41.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771475  Replies : 26  Views : 723
posté September 06, 2014, 17:57:48 | #12
In my opinion, Wakfu should just gave equalized PvP gear so those who love to gloat about PKing 6v1 people can put their money where their mouth is, at the very least for things like tournaments and organized PvP. This would be great to get there but I know it won't be the case at all.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771123  Replies : 20  Views : 741
posté September 04, 2014, 21:40:47 | #13
Ankama is phasing out old items like Makabras. There's a reason why they have disappeared from our boutique, even if they leave them alone stats-wise chances are they'll cut out the supply. They're still available from the French boutique, but I'm guessing that won't be the case for much longer.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770409  Replies : 14  Views : 456
posté September 01, 2014, 16:13:54 | #14
Huh. Chances are it's because they can't rebalance them, both for good and bad (For example, the Makabra weapons are horribly outdated by now and the rings have stats that rings shouldn't have in the coming revamp) and they don't align with the new F2P model, thus why they're removing them from the Boutique. Ankama did try to monetize them differently at APAC at first by making their use time-limited and requiring the constant expenditure of boutique-bought powders in order to keep use them, but that went horribly wrong. But of course, with this wonderful communication we have, we may never know the reason for sure...

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - September 01, 2014, 16:15:45.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768629  Replies : 7  Views : 336
posté August 18, 2014, 15:32:50 | #15
Yeah, I agree the Enutrof's combat stance is fairly better than what it would seem at first sight. Notice how many of their spell animations use the coin as some sort of focus- it becomes a fiery projectile, icy snowballs or gets flung or thrown into the ground to project Earth attacks.

Dunno how many know about this, but along the usual battle stances we've had for a while, there are new class battle start animations that are played upon joining. Guess it was all fair when most sidekicks have got their own. Alas, I don't have a link handy, but the few I've seen were particularly badass.

Thread : General  Preview message : #764107  Replies : 17  Views : 940
posté August 17, 2014, 18:27:21 | #16
One thing is making things a little bit non-obvious and requiring you to backtrack once you've acquired new abilities or items to use, as you tended to do in Metroid and Castlevania or pretty much every graphic adventure game that has ever existed. That's perfectly fine and makes for fun gameplay if used properly. Here it feels like a chore, because you're not looking for an obvious opening on a wall you can clear with a missile or a bomb, or a ledge you could clearly reach if you were to jump a little higher, or hell, even poking around in a place you have a hunch is hiding something you need. You may be looking for an NPC that has no business being hidden or attempting a badly-planned battle over and over until you can beat it by luck and not so much by skill.

That's why I dread every time new content is introduced. Srambad wasn't not too bad, and the whole zone itself was available after doing the Ingloriom part of the quest, which gives me hopes Wakfu's devs are learning what really grinds our gears. Then again, there's the dumb "battle" for the dragoturkey too...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763864  Replies : 9  Views : 385
posté August 12, 2014, 22:43:51 | #17
I wouldn't be okay with it. With non-booster accounts not having access to the latest content, the game isn't truly free to play already as that would suggest all gameplay content is accessible, even if it would take additional grinding to get there, and they are already dampened by lower experience and drop rates. Also lowering the only relief that Ankama would introduce against the abysmal rates we already have is too much.

Old players will notice, new players will notice once they get past level 30 when decent gear drops become noticeably harder to acquire and things will be miserable all around. Besides, why do people think that just because you're not buying a booster you're not paying and thus you're a complete freeloader? We still got the boutique, right? You know, that silly place which we've been practically begging for Ankama to put in things worth buying and not just the same old Haven Bag decorations and emotes.

I may be slightly biased because I haven't been unable to subscribe get a booster for my main account, but eh... Zhao's hypocrisy on his posts is truly astounding to the point I wonder whether if sarcasm isn't just translating too well, or he wants to make things harder and less fun for everyone. First he slams on multiboxing when he's already a 6-boxer, and now he wants non-boosters to be excluded from the token deal when chances are he's not even subbing at the moment.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 12, 2014, 22:50:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762452  Replies : 12  Views : 461
posté August 11, 2014, 23:58:39 | #18

Quote (Gynrei @ 11 August 2014 17:02) *

Quote (IcyTincie @ 11 August 2014 15:38) *
Now, I will probably get hated for this, but I think multiboxing shouldn't be allowed in the first place.
The game should have been made to feel great and be enjoyable on single account without the need for more clients.

Agreed, but Wakfu wasn't made that way.

I'm still waiting for a game designed to give players control of a full team to play. One character on screen but 4 in battle etc. The MMO aspect could be done in many ways. PvP or maybe larger scale events where teams comes together.

This way players can run content making themselves stronger when not enough friends are online but the focus is to team up for end game co-op events. Not sure how it should be done, but I'd enjoy it.
This is how Dofus Arena is (Was? Haven't checked in while) in essence. 6v6 teams against other players. You controlled one side of fighters, the other controlled the other side. Alas, Ankama pretty much abandoned it when they moved on to other games.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 11, 2014, 23:59:27.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762133  Replies : 21  Views : 656
posté August 11, 2014, 21:31:43 | #19
Meh. Considering how confused we're all getting over damage types, I think they'll need to put in the type of spell (AoE, Precision, Melee, Distance) they are or can be on the description, and change the cursor accordingly so it's not the generic wand but a shockwave/a bullseye/a fist/a bow and arrow so we can get a bit more of feedback regarding these.

On this specific case, if a spell type were to change according to the exact location of the target (When targeting a mine/a barrel/having a chance to crit) then the cursor would also change. Keep the user informed about changes on her surroundings, without overloading with information either.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762087  Replies : 24  Views : 532