Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

FurmentalAlch...'s profile
Statistics
355 Posts (0.24 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté June 26, 2015, 04:42:04 | #1
Not an one-time purchase? A separate charge from the booster? Man, I think Ankama really needs to reevaluate the sort of people they let in for marketing. There's no way Heroes would be as attractive as multiboxing anymore.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #879617  Replies : 302  Views : 11749
posté May 23, 2015, 17:16:47 | #2
I think I'd like it more if Ankama was willing to merge up the effects of some active support spells and the support aspect of some elemental spells. Otherwise this deck system is a huge boon for some classes with limited spell selection/synergy and a huge nerf to others that rely heavily on a great variety of spells to even function to some extent.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #865448  Replies : 64  Views : 2651
posté May 06, 2015, 17:39:17 | #3
It's a bit cruel that you go ahead, revamp Scalded and then nerf the crap out of its revamped version, just to make a sidekick that's heavily reliant on it in order to be useful.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - May 06, 2015, 17:39:33.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #859216  Replies : 9  Views : 1405
posté April 03, 2015, 19:08:02 | #4

Quote (EnigmaticBeing @ 01 April 2015 22:31) *
At least it wasn't this.

And yet somehow Ankama things this kind of crap encourages people to go ahead and sub immediately because wooo, enhanced drops, instead of... y'know, getting people closer to ragequit and stop giving revenue.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #846773  Replies : 18  Views : 1474
posté February 26, 2015, 02:44:31 | #5

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 25 February 2015 18:46) *
Please, add the Season 2 Figurines into Wakfu, so we can play online. And update the Kros Shop! That would be something worth celebrating!
I think the problem is, the current Krosmaster version is essentially frozen and won't see any more updates. So it's pretty much waiting until this new Krosmaster Arena is released and see if Ankama is still interested in having tie-ins in their other games  

Thread : News  Preview message : #833786  Replies : 9  Views : 1058
posté January 23, 2015, 22:54:43 | #6
I know we shouldn't usually be looking at a gift horse in the mouth, but both of them as they stand are woefully unimpressive when it comes to sidekicks. Astrub Knight makes a better freebie due to high base damage plus a passive that further increases damage and makes him a great choice at early levels. They don't have any passives, which they used to have when battling as companions with you.

Thread : News  Preview message : #823321  Replies : 29  Views : 2530
posté January 13, 2015, 22:52:57 | #7

Quote (Viliax @ 13 January 2015 22:14) *
It seems that CM always responds quickly to nerfing things that are beneficial to us.
I'm starting to feel that CM just race against each other to report things like this to Ankama, probably chasing after a praise or trying to look useful in their eyes.
But if it's a bug that hinders our gameplay, no way. Reporting them will only make them a hassle in Ankama's eyes.
Dy7 is a developer though, which makes it all worse.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819654  Replies : 141  Views : 6901
posté January 13, 2015, 21:53:30 | #8

Quote (Dy7 @ 13 January 2015 19:06) *
Hello,

Quote (Viliax @ 13 January 2015 07:47) *
But there is another use for orb armor. If you put the armor on any creature with low resists (such as boombot), Everyone can stack damage on it. And just before the feca's next turn, have an eni activate a pain flask on that target. And in the feca's turn, the orb armor will hit the the creature, and the pain flask will redirect all that damage to 8 cells around the target, turning it into a bomb. The damage is based on the amount received by that creature, so anyone around it will receive full damage regardless of their resists. (Final resist counts though).
So if let's say an osa summons a Bow Meow and everyone stacks damage on it, it is possible to create a Kitty bomb that explodes for 30k damage...

Thanks for the report !

It's fixed for the upcoming patch.
You should take the hint that we, as players, like creative interactions and combos between classes. So perhaps it'd be nice that instead (Or along with) patching up the existing ones out of spite that proper ones were introduced past just a few shared states that are more limiting, like Scalded.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819643  Replies : 141  Views : 6901
posté December 25, 2014, 00:17:20 | #9
It's still better than Father Whupper for sure. But yeah, a little disappointing... guess any new costumes would of course go to "special" promos and sales or RNG boxes, eh?

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - December 25, 2014, 00:19:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #814639  Replies : 122  Views : 5474
posté December 22, 2014, 05:50:19 | #10
Huh? Is this in Castuc HC? Also, do you mean the Xelorium resources being unable to be planted in the haven world? That's already known, in the meantime you can use a haven bag. Not quite a solution for the mobs, but eh.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #813279  Replies : 6  Views : 569
posté December 15, 2014, 14:34:21 | #11
Or could it just be that in France they are simply more open to sexuality in comparison to us prudish Americans?

But yes, as a publisher they'd surely cater to all ages.

Quote (Agosta @ 13 December 2014 23:11) *
Quick, alert Kotaku.

Oh crap, comic book readers are dead and they don't have to be your audience.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #809562  Replies : 12  Views : 982
posté December 13, 2014, 05:32:28 | #12
This would be a good sale... IF THE GHOSTOF EFFECT WORKED AGAIN.

Ankama, please. It's been broken since you introduced the separate costume and insignia slots. :c As me and several others have others.

EDIT: If you want to have an idea of how it looked, wear this costume and get cursed in the Dark Hurl dungeon, or drink one of the nation's drinks from Three Pistes. The shade was slightly darker with the costume, but that's the ghostof effect it used to have.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - December 13, 2014, 06:01:15.
Thread : News  Preview message : #808387  Replies : 12  Views : 917
posté December 01, 2014, 17:43:20 | #13
That's Ankama's way of adding difficulty. Having your things wiped every now and then, randomly. Baba Ji be praised!

Though seriously, I hope they work to fix this properly once and for all. Or at the very least, give some proper compensation because it IS a recurring problem and they haven't been able to fix it in 2+ years.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #803568  Replies : 6  Views : 970
posté November 24, 2014, 20:30:50 | #14
I don't see any problem with this. It's among the convenience and services that could be perfectly monetized and I'd rather have Ankama charging 20k ogrines for a class change over more unsavory things.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - November 24, 2014, 20:31:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800530  Replies : 100  Views : 3786
posté November 24, 2014, 16:29:17 | #15

Quote (Hudski @ 24 November 2014 16:00) *

Quote (FurmentalAlchemy @ 24 November 2014 15:25) *
It's unethical, and I'm surprised that in an age of forced political correctness, calling on someone's alleged bigotry to shut down any chance of discourse or to avoid arguments, and calls for "trigger warnings" in classrooms there aren't just as many people against it.

Congratulations on the worst sentence I've ever read. Let me guess, you shine strobe lights in the faces of your epileptic peers and yell at them about how they shouldn't buy items in an MMO? What an unnecessary and annoying comment to make.
That's... quite the logic leap right there.

Staying on topic, someone at the Wakfu APAC forums made an unofficial survey about the state of their shop. It'll be interesting to see its results.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800442  Replies : 105  Views : 4298
posté November 24, 2014, 15:25:32 | #16
No, the Pay2Win "model" is bad. It's unethical, and I'm surprised that in an age of forced political correctness, calling on someone's alleged bigotry to shut down any chance of discourse or to avoid arguments, and calls for "trigger warnings" in classrooms there aren't just as many people against it. It relies on whales making absurd purchases in order to be sustainable for their developers and encourages players to buy more and more for diminishing returns in the game.

It's possible to have P2W-free F2P games, sticking to convenience, cosmetic/vanity and services only. There's no such thing as a free lunch, and I know publishers and developers have people who just want to earn their money and do what they love, but I'll always stand vehemently opposed to games where you are forced to pay in order to skip insurmountable amounts of grind or pay for a direct and exclusive advantage against other players if it has even a smidgen of competitiveness, because it preys on their players' insecurities in ways that can be thoroughly unhealthy. There is a social element to the prevalence of P2W games in Asia, particularly in Korea and China, but it doesn't make it any less exploitative. And of course, it hurts twice as hard when you see such elements of unethical monetization creeping up on a game you used to love.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - November 24, 2014, 15:33:04.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800432  Replies : 105  Views : 4298
posté November 22, 2014, 16:16:07 | #17
Any form of organized PvP system would be better than the half-baked clusterfuck we have right now. It's simply not flexible enough.

Maybe someday it'll make more sense once GvG is out, maybe. Wonder how long until PvPers get tired of grinding on the same people over and over again. c:

EDIT: And yeah, I don't think there would be enough people on a single server for it to work that well just as there isn't enough people on a single server for the current so-called Nation vs. Nation system to be little more than a grindfest. Not even on Aerafal. But something that was cross-server might work.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - November 22, 2014, 16:23:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799794  Replies : 15  Views : 1044
posté November 18, 2014, 20:25:16 | #18

Quote (Sabi @ 18 November 2014 19:23) *

Quote (FinroyThePuppeteer @ 18 November 2014 14:11) *
How? Where?
I couldn't find the thing. Maybe I am doing something wrong or just am not very attentive.

The game update allowed us to implement the extra character slots service as a first step, which will then be announced as soon as ready.
If so, I find the wording a bit dishonest. What you meant is the game itself supports additional character slots, which is indeed the first step, but they aren't yet available for purchase.

EDIT: Also a bit offtopic, but any comments on the Virulent Treacherose sidekick?

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - November 18, 2014, 20:25:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #798028  Replies : 16  Views : 1588
posté November 18, 2014, 20:19:36 | #19
Those might not be BiS (Best in Slot) items anymore, but they used to be for quite a while, and normally in order to acquire them you'd need to level up the respective crafting profession to 100, and then obtain all the required materials. Moreover, you're directly buying equipment from the boutique with full stats, Pay2Win alright.

Consider APAC as the canary in the mine. Despite all the outrage over the rental costumes with stats, they decided to double down. And I know what Sabi said, but unless they pinky-swear they will never, ever, ever bring up similar items here, I wouldn't discount it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #798020  Replies : 105  Views : 4298
posté November 18, 2014, 17:15:04 | #20
Did you make up the bit about Virulent Treacherose? I don't see any mention to her in any of the patch notes. What's worse, the character slots ARE mentioned but they can't be purchased yet. Ah well, maybe after hotfix...

Or, and this wouldn't surprise me one bit, they backed down on that for now.  

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - November 18, 2014, 17:16:15.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797938  Replies : 18  Views : 1583