Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

FurmentalAlch...'s profile
Statistics
295 Posts (0.26 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 28, 2014, 13:02:13 | #1
I'm sorry Kat, but I wholeheartedly disagree. I think it's great you think the challenges are fine and you think they are optional, but I can assure you for the average player they are NOT optional if they want any decent chances to drop an item or acquire XP without retorting to power-leveling. Moreover, challenges should never, ever fail due to things that are beyond a player's control. That's just bad and lazy game design.

So I forgot to leave some MP before ending my turn, that's too bad. However, why should it count when you are being MP-drained, since the very nature of this happening is random and thus beyond my control? I forgot to last-hit a certain enemy, or let the lowest-leveled character finish them. Fair enough, I think those are needlessly annoying challenges but at least I know why and when I fail them. But why an Ecaflip drawing a Croquette card that affects everyone should fail a challenge? That's beyond her control, and it would be almost like excluding all Ecaflips with tarot from that specific challenge, which is also randomly selected itself.

Finally, Stasis Foggernauts failing elemental challenges is just so wrong on a principle. They're dealing STASIS damage. It shouldn't be their business that the game treats Stasis damage internally as elemental damage to the weakest resist, even more so when the system breaks and poops on itself whenever there are matching resists, thus making the Foggernaut fail randomly.

Challenges stop being fun when they are neither challenges nor optional.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - July 28, 2014, 19:49:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757944  Replies : 21  Views : 642
posté July 28, 2014, 01:57:07 | #2
Legendary craft weapons, along with a selected few outside them used to have side-effects that made them quite interesting. Grou's Axe could massively reduce its target's resists, the Tijeebon Mallet had a chance to apply Sleepy, Exi's Shovel had a considerable base damage bonus on enemies that were Broke (Basically working as a melee-range Tax) and so on. This made these weapons really interesting, and they felt like a complement to a character's spells, even if they were unreliable. Why did they remove them? Probably because they were too tough to balance, and this is Ankama we're talking about.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #757822  Replies : 26  Views : 564
posté July 22, 2014, 22:26:21 | #3
Can't switch nations for kamas anymore The hell, Ankama? Any reason why we can no longer talk to another nation's guard and switch nations for kamas?

(That was a rhetoric question, by the way.)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756196  Replies : 1  Views : 117
posté July 12, 2014, 03:19:42 | #4
Ugh, just show the damn loot from premium with a golden border, and don't show us what we missed. Enough transparency like that. While it's encouraging the fact premium loot is in fact working, as it stands right now it'd be pretty easy to miss.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753313  Replies : 25  Views : 647
posté July 12, 2014, 02:32:53 | #5
Just a suggestion, I understand why you're posting this on General, but I think it would be at least a good idea to indicate this is a Remington event in the title, since some people are bound to end up confused.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753302  Replies : 3  Views : 163
posté July 11, 2014, 19:41:25 | #6
Seconded.

Since the very beginning I've had issues with Ankama and my credit card. I managed to finish a successful transaction a grand total of one time before I got all sorts of error messages like that or simply dropping it from the get-go. Can't use debit, and I hate PayPal with a passion, so I just turned to Ultimate Game Card for sub time.

Now that it's being phased out, Ankama really needs to make more payment options available. I think Rixty was there, and it's an alternative to UGC, but now it's "suspended indefinitely", how come? Wakfu APAC has MOLPoints, which is a Rixty subsidiary available as the default payment method, and works pretty well for them.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753218  Replies : 6  Views : 146
posté July 10, 2014, 23:40:32 | #7

Quote (Hudski @ 10 July 2014 22:52) *
The main reason I turn the filter off is because I don't want it messing with my everyday sentences, nor do I want to have to find a workaround to try to tell someone that I'm gay.

Stop it.
Interestingly enough, "gay" isn't being blocked. Make of that what you will.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752938  Replies : 7  Views : 214
posté July 10, 2014, 22:42:58 | #8
I'm sure people will sing a different tune when they start missing out on rare mats, relic fragments or even gear due to having a F2P character, either their own or someone else's in the group.

Transparency is nice, which is why I proposed indicating which items were dropped thanks to the booster. Taunting people to pay up isn't.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - July 10, 2014, 22:43:31.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752925  Replies : 25  Views : 647
posté July 10, 2014, 20:37:05 | #9
About the Language Filter. So along with the other unpleasant surprises we had after this patch, it was brought to my attention certain words that used not to be filtered after the language filter was disabled are being filtered now. I do agree some of these words have no business in everyday conversation, but others, such as "lesbian" are being filtered now no matter what.

I really hope this is a mistake, because considering how brain-dead the filter is, I wouldn't be surprised if more innocent terms were also to be filtered because they contain part of a "bad" word, no matter the language filter setting. I'm sure other words that used not to be filtered after disabling it are being filtered now. Stop treating us all like children; I don't doubt most kids today already have a vocabulary that would make a sailor blush.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752875  Replies : 7  Views : 214
posté July 10, 2014, 19:34:11 | #10
I'd rather have them NOT show if an item didn't drop due to not having a booster active, to be frankly honest. It's immensely demoralizing, as it was in WAPAC when the one thing you were looking forward to drop ended up in the Premium Loot box, and certainly not encouraging anyone to subscribe. Eventually, someone will end up with a whole relic that they could have dropped and it won't be pretty.

However, they should indeed display somewhere in the interface you have an active "bonus" to drops and EXP, or do things the other way around: Whenever you get a drop thanks to the booster pack bonus, show it in the regular drop column, but with a golden border, so there's positive reinforcement instead of negative reinforcement.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752841  Replies : 25  Views : 647
posté July 10, 2014, 18:48:14 | #11

Quote (androgyous @ 10 July 2014 16:30) *
I am not sure about your eni, but mine has went through some ugh changes with the new insignia.

Let's just say your Eni's spells have... evolved.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752820  Replies : 12  Views : 434
posté July 10, 2014, 07:28:44 | #12
That was to be expected, in order to keep things in line with WAPAC.

Next up, I expect Makabra items to disappear.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752698  Replies : 24  Views : 444
posté July 10, 2014, 00:07:26 | #13
I seriously wish him well in all his future endeavors and I hope he moved on to something that he both loves and yet leaves him with a manageable workload. Really, I mean it.

I still question several of his game design decisions. But maybe he was simply overtaxed or out of his element when it came to them. And he did have several hits with the misses (We can agree the Xelor revamp was pretty good, wasn't it? And Ecaflips went from laughingstock to both feared in PvP and resourceful in PvE, so I'm good with that)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752596  Replies : 25  Views : 768
posté July 09, 2014, 14:49:01 | #15

Quote (Asthis @ 09 July 2014 14:31) *
Ogrines are already a big hassle to buy and the fact that they expire just makes it even more of a headache. If ogrines fall under the gift card law, they legally have a minimum of 12 months to expire. Click here

I don't know the laws in France, but having ogrines expiring before 12 months is bullcrap. The minimum expiry date for ogrines is 30 DAYS.

Even if Ankama were to strictly abide by French law, I believe it'd be still against it. And yes, before someone comes and mentions "oh, but other companies also do have expiring credits!" I'm going to smack them with a big fat Loot. No, they don't, and if they do, they do expire but only after 12 months. It'd be insane if all of sudden my Steam Wallet funds, or my Amazon credit were to expire.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - July 09, 2014, 14:50:56.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752454  Replies : 30  Views : 647
posté July 08, 2014, 16:44:32 | #16
That's certainly such a wonderful idea and I see no way how it could horribly backfire on the game, especially on the availability of people to play in the newest areas, considering how many people are still playing! Those unwashed masses of the freeloaders shouldn't complain either, they will only have to wait one month to access the new content, and we know you're always on the clock releasing new updates!

Thank you Ankama, for giving so much value to our subscri-- ahem, Booster Packs, and I'm completely sure these Mystery Boxes will make the deal even sweeter. Heck, I don't even care we are about to lose a payment method, and for many of us the only working method (Ultimate Game Card) since we both agree credit cards are evil and we should ask Ecaflip whether or not we should accept a transaction with them. All those icky F2Pers won't be able to join us in the new content~

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
That was all sarcasm, by the way.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - July 08, 2014, 16:48:21.
Thread : News  Preview message : #752187  Replies : 70  Views : 1734
posté July 01, 2014, 05:52:24 | #17
I can't even recall if they put it back, since the potion used to be bugged. Yes, the one thing that really set the server apart functionality-wise, and they screw it up.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - July 01, 2014, 05:53:22.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750644  Replies : 11  Views : 621
posté June 28, 2014, 01:26:12 | #18

I'd like to mention:

Azari, since she's got smarts and gets bad people on their nerves.

Mini, also super-nice and would do anything for her friends.

Alpha Peacock, she's got tons of 'tude. You go girl!

Sir Nalious. Don't kill me ;o; Ur the best dwaggy-person. Even if you smell funny.

- Sir Alexandros Trump-Card the First, Knight of the Nox's Watch.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - June 28, 2014, 01:32:10.
Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #749942  Replies : 21  Views : 728
posté June 27, 2014, 12:49:15 | #19
I don't like the twisting of words either- just say outright there's a penalty to drop chances for non-subs, instead of spinning it as a bonus for subs. They do admit it in WAPAC, even if buried deep in the "subscriber benefits" page

Thread : News  Preview message : #749766  Replies : 134  Views : 3970
posté June 27, 2014, 02:02:52 | #20
Please don't show the items you lose to not being "boosted" like it's done in APAC. It's what I hate the most from the whole ordeal, not even the reduced drop rates themselves. I'd rather not know what I missed, and it's petty and definitively not encouraging me to pay up.

Thread : News  Preview message : #749641  Replies : 134  Views : 3970