Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

FurmentalAlch...'s profile
Statistics
308 Posts (0.27 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 18, 2014, 15:32:50 | #1
Yeah, I agree the Enutrof's combat stance is fairly better than what it would seem at first sight. Notice how many of their spell animations use the coin as some sort of focus- it becomes a fiery projectile, icy snowballs or gets flung or thrown into the ground to project Earth attacks.

Dunno how many know about this, but along the usual battle stances we've had for a while, there are new class battle start animations that are played upon joining. Guess it was all fair when most sidekicks have got their own. Alas, I don't have a link handy, but the few I've seen were particularly badass.

Thread : General  Preview message : #764107  Replies : 16  Views : 709
posté August 17, 2014, 18:27:21 | #2
One thing is making things a little bit non-obvious and requiring you to backtrack once you've acquired new abilities or items to use, as you tended to do in Metroid and Castlevania or pretty much every graphic adventure game that has ever existed. That's perfectly fine and makes for fun gameplay if used properly. Here it feels like a chore, because you're not looking for an obvious opening on a wall you can clear with a missile or a bomb, or a ledge you could clearly reach if you were to jump a little higher, or hell, even poking around in a place you have a hunch is hiding something you need. You may be looking for an NPC that has no business being hidden or attempting a badly-planned battle over and over until you can beat it by luck and not so much by skill.

That's why I dread every time new content is introduced. Srambad wasn't not too bad, and the whole zone itself was available after doing the Ingloriom part of the quest, which gives me hopes Wakfu's devs are learning what really grinds our gears. Then again, there's the dumb "battle" for the dragoturkey too...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763864  Replies : 9  Views : 362
posté August 12, 2014, 22:43:51 | #3
I wouldn't be okay with it. With non-booster accounts not having access to the latest content, the game isn't truly free to play already as that would suggest all gameplay content is accessible, even if it would take additional grinding to get there, and they are already dampened by lower experience and drop rates. Also lowering the only relief that Ankama would introduce against the abysmal rates we already have is too much.

Old players will notice, new players will notice once they get past level 30 when decent gear drops become noticeably harder to acquire and things will be miserable all around. Besides, why do people think that just because you're not buying a booster you're not paying and thus you're a complete freeloader? We still got the boutique, right? You know, that silly place which we've been practically begging for Ankama to put in things worth buying and not just the same old Haven Bag decorations and emotes.

I may be slightly biased because I haven't been unable to subscribe get a booster for my main account, but eh... Zhao's hypocrisy on his posts is truly astounding to the point I wonder whether if sarcasm isn't just translating too well, or he wants to make things harder and less fun for everyone. First he slams on multiboxing when he's already a 6-boxer, and now he wants non-boosters to be excluded from the token deal when chances are he's not even subbing at the moment.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 12, 2014, 22:50:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762452  Replies : 12  Views : 417
posté August 11, 2014, 23:58:39 | #4

Quote (Gynrei @ 11 August 2014 17:02) *

Quote (IcyTincie @ 11 August 2014 15:38) *
Now, I will probably get hated for this, but I think multiboxing shouldn't be allowed in the first place.
The game should have been made to feel great and be enjoyable on single account without the need for more clients.

Agreed, but Wakfu wasn't made that way.

I'm still waiting for a game designed to give players control of a full team to play. One character on screen but 4 in battle etc. The MMO aspect could be done in many ways. PvP or maybe larger scale events where teams comes together.

This way players can run content making themselves stronger when not enough friends are online but the focus is to team up for end game co-op events. Not sure how it should be done, but I'd enjoy it.
This is how Dofus Arena is (Was? Haven't checked in while) in essence. 6v6 teams against other players. You controlled one side of fighters, the other controlled the other side. Alas, Ankama pretty much abandoned it when they moved on to other games.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 11, 2014, 23:59:27.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762133  Replies : 21  Views : 601
posté August 11, 2014, 21:31:43 | #5
Meh. Considering how confused we're all getting over damage types, I think they'll need to put in the type of spell (AoE, Precision, Melee, Distance) they are or can be on the description, and change the cursor accordingly so it's not the generic wand but a shockwave/a bullseye/a fist/a bow and arrow so we can get a bit more of feedback regarding these.

On this specific case, if a spell type were to change according to the exact location of the target (When targeting a mine/a barrel/having a chance to crit) then the cursor would also change. Keep the user informed about changes on her surroundings, without overloading with information either.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762087  Replies : 24  Views : 474
posté August 10, 2014, 18:58:08 | #6

Quote (Neneko88 @ 10 August 2014 18:49) *
I agree and it could also be real player "guards" to make being a nation guard even more fun.
Now that would be a fun feature. I'm imagining if you were a guard and you were within your nation or an allied nation's borders, upon attack you had the choice to teleport from anywhere and join them in fight. There would still be potential for "troll guards" siding with the attacker instead, or horribly underleveled or undergeared guards joining you, but it's a start.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 10, 2014, 18:58:28.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761676  Replies : 17  Views : 454
posté August 10, 2014, 18:44:03 | #7
In Dofus, if you got aggroed around cities you were friendly to (Bonta as Bontarian, Brakmar as Brakmarian and Astrub/Amakna if you were neutral, I think?) guards will join your side. They might need to implement something similar to this, let guards scale with the challenger's level and equal the number of assailants so they're always outnumbered n to n+1. This is not because I'm a "carebear" or anything like that, it's because without proper safe zones, soon enough PvP will become annoying as hell for EVERYONE.

Even EvE Online, the epitome of risky PvP barring MMOs with permadeath, where getting killed might represent a loss of months of playing time, has high-security systems where it's just not worth to attack others as you'll get insta-killed yourself.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 10, 2014, 18:47:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761665  Replies : 17  Views : 454
posté August 09, 2014, 16:34:58 | #8

Quote (saphiLC @ 09 August 2014 16:13) *
anyone else saw the "pvp disable" button? D: (is in the passport shift+p)
That's just to disable your PvP flag, your willingness to fight. It's still possible to get jumped on, but your attacker won't get points and will potentially be considered a crime

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #761335  Replies : 515  Views : 22840
posté August 09, 2014, 01:53:25 | #9
Oh, come on guys. I believe (he?) wants to know if any abandoned haven worlds (As in belonging to inactive or disbanded guilds) are going to be relisted on the market anytime soon. And well, pretty sure the answer would be no, I'm not aware of such a thing yet.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761169  Replies : 12  Views : 313
posté August 09, 2014, 01:46:52 | #10
If you really can aggro people anywhere now and can have a different own nation choice as outlaw, it seems just fair there's a harsher punishment if you do get caught.

Though lawl, are they recycling the Cap'n Atcha's realm as the new prison? Guess it's more akin to a banishment then... I remember some sort of grisly-looking floating prison from an old screenshot too. If anything they should bring that back.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 09, 2014, 01:47:44.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761167  Replies : 15  Views : 609
posté August 05, 2014, 20:49:13 | #11

Quote (LeroyoreL @ 05 August 2014 15:58) *
Why no f2p Srambad for us Ankama?
This. It's been far longer than a month AND a new update with content came out. Or did they forget about F2Pers? Especially those that oh, you know, would be willing to pay for a booster pack if they had a way to buy Ogrines.

It'd be in Ankama's best interests to be pretty damn clear with their wording now that we'll be exposed to so many new players through Steam...

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 05, 2014, 20:49:49.
Thread : News  Preview message : #760262  Replies : 29  Views : 919
posté August 03, 2014, 22:42:17 | #12
They're probably waiting for a chance to make the Virulent Treacherose available on an event first before to the general public, just like it happened in Ankama's convention

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #759767  Replies : 15  Views : 521
posté August 02, 2014, 06:03:27 | #13

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 02 August 2014 05:59) *

also Thanks for the grats guys! It was a real pain in the butt....

Nah, but seriously, grats.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 02, 2014, 06:03:54.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #759324  Replies : 25  Views : 722
posté July 28, 2014, 13:02:13 | #14
I'm sorry Kat, but I wholeheartedly disagree. I think it's great you think the challenges are fine and you think they are optional, but I can assure you for the average player they are NOT optional if they want any decent chances to drop an item or acquire XP without retorting to power-leveling. Moreover, challenges should never, ever fail due to things that are beyond a player's control. That's just bad and lazy game design.

So I forgot to leave some MP before ending my turn, that's too bad. However, why should it count when you are being MP-drained, since the very nature of this happening is random and thus beyond my control? I forgot to last-hit a certain enemy, or let the lowest-leveled character finish them. Fair enough, I think those are needlessly annoying challenges but at least I know why and when I fail them. But why an Ecaflip drawing a Croquette card that affects everyone should fail a challenge? That's beyond her control, and it would be almost like excluding all Ecaflips with tarot from that specific challenge, which is also randomly selected itself.

Finally, Stasis Foggernauts failing elemental challenges is just so wrong on a principle. They're dealing STASIS damage. It shouldn't be their business that the game treats Stasis damage internally as elemental damage to the weakest resist, even more so when the system breaks and poops on itself whenever there are matching resists, thus making the Foggernaut fail randomly.

Challenges stop being fun when they are neither challenges nor optional.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - July 28, 2014, 19:49:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757944  Replies : 21  Views : 713
posté July 28, 2014, 01:57:07 | #15
Legendary craft weapons, along with a selected few outside them used to have side-effects that made them quite interesting. Grou's Axe could massively reduce its target's resists, the Tijeebon Mallet had a chance to apply Sleepy, Exi's Shovel had a considerable base damage bonus on enemies that were Broke (Basically working as a melee-range Tax) and so on. This made these weapons really interesting, and they felt like a complement to a character's spells, even if they were unreliable. Why did they remove them? Probably because they were too tough to balance, and this is Ankama we're talking about.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #757822  Replies : 26  Views : 699
posté July 22, 2014, 22:26:21 | #16
Can't switch nations for kamas anymore The hell, Ankama? Any reason why we can no longer talk to another nation's guard and switch nations for kamas?

(That was a rhetoric question, by the way.)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756196  Replies : 1  Views : 142
posté July 12, 2014, 03:19:42 | #17
Ugh, just show the damn loot from premium with a golden border, and don't show us what we missed. Enough transparency like that. While it's encouraging the fact premium loot is in fact working, as it stands right now it'd be pretty easy to miss.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753313  Replies : 25  Views : 666
posté July 12, 2014, 02:32:53 | #18
Just a suggestion, I understand why you're posting this on General, but I think it would be at least a good idea to indicate this is a Remington event in the title, since some people are bound to end up confused.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753302  Replies : 3  Views : 183
posté July 11, 2014, 19:41:25 | #19
Seconded.

Since the very beginning I've had issues with Ankama and my credit card. I managed to finish a successful transaction a grand total of one time before I got all sorts of error messages like that or simply dropping it from the get-go. Can't use debit, and I hate PayPal with a passion, so I just turned to Ultimate Game Card for sub time.

Now that it's being phased out, Ankama really needs to make more payment options available. I think Rixty was there, and it's an alternative to UGC, but now it's "suspended indefinitely", how come? Wakfu APAC has MOLPoints, which is a Rixty subsidiary available as the default payment method, and works pretty well for them.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753218  Replies : 6  Views : 168
posté July 10, 2014, 23:40:32 | #20

Quote (Hudski @ 10 July 2014 22:52) *
The main reason I turn the filter off is because I don't want it messing with my everyday sentences, nor do I want to have to find a workaround to try to tell someone that I'm gay.

Stop it.
Interestingly enough, "gay" isn't being blocked. Make of that what you will.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752938  Replies : 7  Views : 225