Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Kakenshu's profile
Statistics
215 Posts (0.23 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté Today - 17:24:53 | #1
Did the detonation occur during the turn you used Remote Control, or did you have your Boombot blow it up immediately following the turn you used Remote Control?

The damage bonus may only apply for 1turn similar to other buffs so as soon as your next turn starts the damage buff is removed.

If your bombs normally deal very low damage the problem could be the damage bonus being too low if Remote Control is not especially high leveled or if the normal damage for your bombs is too low to notice the damage bonus.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #767440  Replies : 1  Views : 43
posté Today - 17:16:16 | #2

Quote (-Belis- @ 29 August 2014 13:32) *
the problem i have seen with my earth/air cra is the absolute necessity to bring with me someone that take the enemy away from me, and this is bad because other class haven't so much skill shutted down simply for being in close combat with an enemy...

What if the air branch were changed a bit to have more map manipulation? Taking into account the three beacon spells are changed into a single active specialty to open up a fifth spell for each element:

Homing Arrow- Stays mostly the same. If cast on a beacon causes enemies linear to it from 2 to 5 spaces to be pulled by 1 space. This spell becomes a suction utility when paired with a beacon (which would have varying effects depending on the spell cast on them). Deals lower damage than when directly targeting foes.

Plaguing Arrow- If cast on a beacon causes enemies linear to it from 2 to 3 spaces to teleport to be adjacent to the beacon. The movement effect is teleport because pulling can be interrupted by penalty tiles and terrain height between the target(s) and the beacon. Deals lower damage than when directly targeting foes.

Retreat Arrow- If cast on the beacon causes enemies within a 2 space radius of the targeted beacon to be pushed 1 space away. Area of effect knockback. Deals lower damage than when directly targeting foes.

Storm Arrow- If cast on a beacon, causes enemies adjacent to the beacon to lose some levels of Hypermovement. When paired with Riddled state allows the Cra to decelerate enemies, remove their resistance to deceleration more quickly than they would naturally lose it, then decelerate them even more. Deals lesser damage to affected targets. Amount of levels of Hypermovement state removed increases with spell level.

I like the idea of Lashing being like Flaming Claw (Rogue), grappling toward one of your beacons without spending WP or destroying the beacon.

I also really like the idea of Riddling becoming an ammunition-like state where spell secondary effects become more potent by consuming some levels of Riddling. Would that be always open or would there be an active specialty spell that toggles whether you will use Riddling state for additional effects? Would people always be using up their levels of Riddling?

If beacons were revamped to be a specialty, what do you guys think the secondary effects for elemental spells should be? Should each spell have its own unique effects or do you think that would be too complicated?

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #767435  Replies : 15  Views : 212
posté Today - 16:51:16 | #3
What if Possession was a passive specialty that caused all of your summons within a radius of the Osamodas to be controlled? Summon AI would still wonk out for summons far away but based on what Ankama has justified recent changes with I would say they want Osamodas to be near their summons in battle rather than hiding somewhere in a distant corner of the map.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Before anyone complains about Sadida, yes I would like a similar change for them too. No one should have to deal with horrible summon AI which discourages using summons.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #767420  Replies : 6  Views : 456
posté Today - 16:49:49 | #4
Earth might be less overused for Iop after this.

Do other means of AP removal affect bosses? I thought that was part of boss resistances. If not then earth Iops might replace water Xelors for bosses in terms of AP removal, though water Xelors can still give AP to allies.

You know what I would like to see? A little bit of synergy between Locking Pro and one of the close combat earth spells. Like if Charge removed the Locking Pro immunity state instead of stunning. Rocknocerous could have the -4AP change while Charge becomes more of a support spell by allowing you to continue using the Locking Pro passive on a mob at the expense of some damage per points spent.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #767419  Replies : 1  Views : 51
posté August 12, 2014, 16:13:54 | #5
For classes that get up close and personal I prefer going with principle characteristics (strength, intelligence, agility, chance) because they also give you resistance. Crits may have a lot of damage to offer but Iops are easy targets for enemy attacks.

Super Iop Punch is part of my build for my Iop but my Iop is a fire-air hybrid, mostly fire. If your Iop is a tribrid or not primarily fire in a two element hybrid you would be better off with other spells. Sure Judgement can hit things from the same distance but Punch closes the gap, if you need to be adjacent to that target to lock it or whatever else is going on in the battle. You could use the 2MP you saved by using Punch instead of walking toward the target to do a couple Gusts.

Uppercut seems pretty dumb. Most Iops have Jump, Wrath, or Increase in their build already so the offer to have something that burns your WP out even faster is usually refused. A pure air Iop might like it until they have to use Jump to reposition themself.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #762334  Replies : 2  Views : 317
posté August 12, 2014, 04:59:36 | #6
There was a time when people were whining classes lacked the crazy damage buffs Iop gets from specialties which led to effects like Blazing Calligraphy, Lone Sadida, and Temporal Prism.

Ecaflip is a gambler class. Sometimes it hits high, other times low, but it comes down to a roll of the dice or draw of the card. They may have a higher maximum potential but their damage output is supposed to be less consistent and predictable.

Rogues are supposedly the strategic class as with the fire branch, but the air and earth branches are so simple and become unfairly powerful with some Rogue specialty effects. If all of Rogue was as complex as the bombing aspect but the offense power was about the same, maybe a bit higher, most people would go back to simpler classes like Iop.

Xelors are supposed to be one of the few technical complex classes where the player has to learn many more things about how the class works. To me it seems as though the support/debuff aspect of Xelor has been overlapped with raw damage though there are still aspects of technical gameplay lingering.

Osamodas has no reason to be a better Iop than Iop. I have no idea why the air branch is an abomination of Cra, Iop, and Sram. If you ask me all the elemental spells of Osamodas should revolve around either summons or the Gobgob, supporting/buffing your summons or using your Gobgob to support your party members.

Based on what I have read about Iop the class is themed around being a 'paladin': melee attacks, able to buff allies (currently only Bravery Standard does this), and a bit of tanking (Virility). If Ankama were to begin working on revamping Iop I would love to contribute ideas to making Iop more paladin-like, as well as revamps for other classes to make them less Iop-like.

I heard Ankama has new staff for class balance so hopefully we will see more revamps to correct past mistakes, especially for classes which have not been revamped yet to start on better footing.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #762210  Replies : 5  Views : 725
posté August 11, 2014, 22:56:49 | #7
In my experiences with Bravery Standard I prefer using it while teaming up with range classes when the enemy group is also diversified: we have close combat and long rangers, they have close combat and long rangers.

For example if I have a Cra buddy they may have less HP and resists, making them more vulnerable to attack. If I stand between them and enemies who attack from long range while keeping close to the Cra, Bravery Standard allows me as an Iop to offer them buffs, block enemy line of sight for long range attacks, and block enemy attempts to push/pull/teleport the Cra because I block line of sight to use those mobility spells on the Cra and I am stabilized to negate any attempts to reposition me.

If their close combatants try to come close I can still block line of sight for gap closing spells then take advantage of their proximity for my upcoming turn by punching their dumb faces.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #762122  Replies : 1  Views : 141
posté August 10, 2014, 17:43:19 | #8
Bomb explosion damage is affected by fire and CMC damage bonuses. The bomb glyph is not affected by CMC damage.

If you want to be a fire-earth Rogue definitely pick up Blam and Blinding Bomb for your elemental spell build. Blam allows you to attack enemies placed near your bombs to damage them while removing a charge from the bomb(s) in the area of effect of the earth spell. Blinding Bomb is the easiest of the three bombs to use for detonation and glyph formation.

For primarily fire Rogues I recommend ranking Bomber Fan and Boombot as soon as possible. Remote Control, Magnetic Claw, Initiator, and Fusillade can come afterward in whatever order you want.

I highly recommend going hybrid if you want to be at least partially fire Rogue. I also recommend choosing spells with area of effect like Blam and Boomerang Dagger for hitting enemies and your bombs to remove charges at the same time. But if you decide to hybrid remember that bombs are still part of your build, though you will find it easier to simply use air/earth spells to deal direct damage easily.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #761638  Replies : 3  Views : 226
posté August 09, 2014, 04:49:09 | #9
What you said in the original post is why fire Rogues are so rare outside of people only using the bomb glyphs. No one bothers looking into any of the tricks or shenanigans fire Rogue is capable of so they play Rogue as a Cra (earth) or Iop (air); which is odd since an old glitch where bombs would detonate from overlapping was patched and the explanation was that it made Rogue a pseudo-Cra. Meanwhile people are still playing Rogue as Cra to this day.

Charges are removed when you use Remote Control on it, your Boombot uses Detonator on it, an attack damages it (excludes spells with secondary effects for your bombs like Barbed Fire and Flaming Claw), collision (the bomb is pushed/pulled toward a space occupied by a wall or a bomb), and at the start of your turn as you know. Charges lost from bombs being attacked includes AoE spells cast by your allies to attack enemies who happen to be near your bombs, dealing damage and helping your bombs detonate at once.

The most important aspect of causing bombs to detonate is chain reacting. If a bomb is depleted of its charges and you have other bombs in its area of effect, those bombs will detonate regardless of how many charges they have remaining. If chain reacted bombs are detonated they will also chain react any more of your bombs in their areas of effect.

Boombot is amazing if you can figure out how to use it. I use Boombot for manipulating my bombs far more than Remote Control and Magnetic Claw but both specialties are nice to have. If I were you with all the experience using fire Rogue I currently have I would rank Boombot before Remote Control and Magnetic Claw, all three specialties after having maxed Bomber Fan for the +control, +CMC, and +AP upon detonation.

Area of effect spells like Boomerang Dagger and Blam are amazing for fire Rogue, damaging enemies standing near/on your bombs while removing charges. As mentioned earlier in this novel- I mean, post- teammates with large area of effect spells like fire Foggernaut are amazing for area of effect damage.

I could go on for a few days but the enjoyment of fire Rogue in my experience mostly comes from figuring these sort of things out on your own.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #761217  Replies : 7  Views : 547
posté August 04, 2014, 18:41:49 | #10
You can drag a tab to see effects of other levels. At levels 10 and 20 the passive Fire and Oil gives +1 range to fire spells (+1 at lv10, +2 at lv20). The range boost does not apply to Steampalm or Flame Fervor as neither have modifiable range.

Cybot must be cast on an active Microbot. Microbots are active by default until you use Cybot or Motherfogger on it.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #759964  Replies : 5  Views : 277
posté July 29, 2014, 02:53:05 | #11
You can find a fire Iop guide here.

Which fire elemental spells do you want to use? Specialties? Maybe incorporating a bit of air into your build?

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #758088  Replies : 2  Views : 521
posté July 18, 2014, 03:16:17 | #12
Earth-air hybrid Rogue is pretty easy to figure out, but since you asked:

The generic build is Piercing Shot, Pulsar, Slap Shot, Boomerang Dagger, and Longsword for elemental spells.

The earth branch is basically a matter of whether you want more range flexibility or damage. The opposites of this spectrum are Machine Gun with no directional restriction but low damage versus Piercing Shot with the highest damage and a resist debuff to make the attack hit even harder but linear restriction.

The air branch is mostly melee with Roguery for a more restrictive but less punishing version of Guile (Sram) and Longsword to deal damage while escaping lock zones. Slap Shot is basically Jabs (Iop). Barbecued Ribs is basically Uppercut (Iop again). Boomerang offers strategic use but most people use it for the similar area of effect shape to spells like Wrath (Iop yet again).

In terms of specialties the most relevant ones to your build are Fusillade, Smoke, Surprise Shot, Initiator, and Rogue Master.

Fusillade is a burst damage spell which doubles your AP and removes all MP for the turn used, but doubles your MP and removes all AP for the turn after. The only spells which can be used during either turn are earth spells.

Smoke deflects damage taken if the attacker is a certain distance or further away, but may not be used in consecutive turns and applies a range debuff during the turn the spell may not be used.

Surprise Shot is a probability chance for earth spells to deal additional damage.

Initiator gives you a damage bonus to all elements based on your initiative. This spell does not remove initiative while giving the damage bonus, the damage bonus is gained simply for the Rogue having initiative.

Rogue Master gives you initiative and may cause you to gain AP for using air spells, the latter effect having a higher probability when air spells are critically cast.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #754850  Replies : 2  Views : 501
posté July 18, 2014, 03:07:05 | #13
I think Nox meant you should get bigger investments before spending characteristic points on principles: AP, MP, and maybe range.

After those going with agility, chance, intelligence, and strength should be fine. Doing so raises damage and resistance to all four elements.

Whoever told you to spec for agility probably thinks stasis spells are actually air spells because both have purple icons.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #754845  Replies : 6  Views : 556
posté July 17, 2014, 17:14:38 | #14
Well the most common things to spend characteristic points on are 1AP (150 points) and 1MP (100 points) as soon as possible. You can spend 80 points to get 1 range if you feel you need it, which for a pure fire Rogue I recommend since you can set up chain reactions and glyphs with more flexible range.

After that as a pure fire Rogue you would be better off ranking intelligence for damage. As a mono-brid using characteristic points for initiative so you get the bonus from Initiator is less potent per point use. For example if you have 30 characteristic points you could get 10 intelligence (5% fire damage and resist) or 15 initiative (4.5% damage all elements, if you have lv20 Initiator). Having more initiative is a huge advantage for fire Rogues but in terms of raw damage going with initiative may be a better choice. You could try to do both by getting 1 intelligence and 2 initiative per 5 characteristic points when you level.

For equipment you want fire damage and initiative. Even without Initiator having more initiative helps you get the upper hand with bomb placement. +CMC is also good if you can find equipment that gives both fire damage and CMC. If you want to be able to have more than three bombs in play at once you also want control but equipment that offers it can be difficult to find. A few items I recommend are Sand Helmet, Sand Breastplate, Ratty Riot Shield, and The Laughing Rat for equipment that gives +fire damage and +control.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #754711  Replies : 3  Views : 630
posté July 17, 2014, 01:29:19 | #15
As you could probably figure out the fire branch revolves around bombs.

Barbed Fire is designed to be used on enemies who are within a square area of effect around your bomb (spaces diagonal, adjacent, or on top of the bomb) to teleport them to a random space within that same area of effect. The spell also damages. The teleportation effect also applies if the targeted enemy is adjacent or diagonal to your Boombot. The teleportation effect is inteded to be used with the bomb glyph which the game names "Wall of Flame". Barbed Fire may be cast on your bombs to give +1 charge to the bomb.

The glyph is created when three bombs have at least one bomb adjacent or one space apart (while still being linear) to each other, but not all bombs connected to the glyph need to be adjacent/linear to all other bombs connected to the glyph. The glyph damages anything that starts its turn or moves within the glyph. The glyph damage is limited to three per target per turn preventing the glyph from becoming incredibly powerful when paired with pushing/pulling effects which can move enemies around in the glyph.

Burning Bomb, Blinding Bomb, and Megabomb are all summoning spells. Burning and Blinding create a bomb with a 3x3 square area of effect while Megabomb has a 2 space radius area of effect. Bombs automatically detonate when their charges are depleted to zero. Bombs lose one charge per attack received (excludes attacks which apply secondary effects such as Barbed Fire), per use of Remote Control from the Rogue, per use of Detonator from the Boombot, per collision (spells which attempt to push/pull the bomb to a space where the floor is elevated, is a wall, or already has a bomb on it), and at the start of your turn (all bombs lose 1 charge at the start of your turn simultaneously).

When a bomb detonates any of your other bombs in its area of effect will automatically detonate regardless of how many charges they have remaining. This effect is called chain reacting. Placing multiple bombs close together and only detonating one can set off a massive chain reaction dealing a lot of damage in a large area of effect.

Bombs may not be cast directly on enemies. The only ways to use bombs to deal damage is through detonations or the bomb glyph. Keep in mind the glyph has limited damage per turn while bombs have no restriction to how many explosions can damage at a time. If you want to compare damage rates between the glyph and bomb detonations look at the 'Wall of Flame' effect from the Bomber Fan passive and the three bomb spells.

Flaming Claw can be used on any of your bombs, your Boombot, allies, and ally summons to cause the Rogue to move 2 spaces toward the targeted ally. If this spell is used on an enemy it inflicts damage. This spell can be used to escape lock zones without having to dodge roll.

Remote Control allows you to remove 1 charge from the targeted bomb manually. Increasing the rank of this specialty increases the maximum range, decreases how much the spell costs, and in later ranks allows this spell to be used without line of sight restriction.

Magnetic Claw allows you to pick up a targeted bomb, place the held bomb on the targeted space (may not place the held bomb on an occupied space), pull a targeted ally 1 space, or push a targeted enemy with an additional 2AP cost on top of whatever your current rank of the specialty costs. This spell can only be used twice per turn so you can pick up then throw a bomb. This spell is great for grabbing a lone bomb sitting in some ignored corner of the map then tossing it into a cluster of bombs to set it off.

Boombot is a support summon for manipulating your bombs: adding charges, removing charges, pushing, pulling, picking up, and throwing. Each of these actions is a 2AP spell and the Boombot only has 4AP. The total health of the Boombot is based on that of the Rogue. The description has been bugged for a while about how much MP the Boombot has; it has 1MP in low ranks and 4MP at max rank. The Boombot is not damaged by your bomb glyphs, detonations, or detonation secondary effects.

Bomber Fan is the most important specialty for fire Rogue. It gives +control, +CMC, +bomb resist for you, +bomb resist for your allies, and AP gain when your bombs detonate. Control is the characteristic which limits the amount of bombs you can have in play: 1 control = increases max amount of bombs you can have in use at a time by 1. CMC stands for controlled mechanisms and creatures, basically summons damage bonus (bombs are considered summons). The bomb resistance effects helps protect you and your allies in case any of your bombs damage your team. The AP gain effect when this passive is maxed out is +1AP per detonation, so if you detonate nine bombs in a big chain reaction you get +9AP. If the detonation(s) occur during your turn the AP gain occurs during the same turn. If the detonation(s) occur during the battle outside your turn the AP gain applies to your upcoming turn. For example if you set up a cluster, end your turn, then have your Boombot set them off you can get AP for your upcoming turn so you can make more bombs than you had in use in your previous turn.

Initiator gives you an all element damage bonus based on your initiative. If your Rogue is low level this passive will hardly give anything worth spending the characteristic points on but in medium to higher levels the bonus becomes very noticeable.

Runaway gives you a chance to teleport a couple spaces away from your position when attacked. The rules for how this specialty can screw you up have been vague for a while but from what I read this passive is supposed to move you away from penalty tiles and toward allies. This passive activates after the attack occurs so all damage and secondary effects still take effect.

That was a pretty basic overview of the fire branch and the most relevant specialties for a pure fire Rogue. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #754575  Replies : 3  Views : 630
posté July 10, 2014, 22:38:21 | #16
I play a tribrid Rogue and an air-fire Masqueraider.

With my Rogue my main strategy is using bombs and chain reactions. I would explain what I do but that would go on long enough to make a book out of it. Basically I use area of effect spells from earth and air branches (Blam and Boomerang usually) to remove charges from bombs while dealing damage, then have my Boombot set off any bombs not yet detonated to deal even more damage. Most people playing this class prefer to keep things simple which may be fine for them but it feels very similar to playing Iop.

Masqueraider is similar to Rogue but its spells are more suited for the player staying close to the enemy rather than running circles around the map. The fire branch and its suiting mask are considered less useful because as a Masqueraider you would be close enough to attack, but none of your spells or specialties give you defense or enough survivability to maintain that playstyle for very long before being killed within one or two turns (in higher level content).

Overall I would say Masqueraider is better if you have a well organized team where people are helping each other, but not everyone can handle that sort of strategic combat. Rogue can also benefit from competent teammates but is less necessary for your survival in battles.

Sidekicks are basically filler characters if your party needs a little more than it currently has. For example if your party is trying to do a dungeon but needs some extra members to deal more damage, offer support (if your team lacks support characters), etc. For a more specific example if you have a team of four pure offense characters like Rogue, Iop, etc. and you need someone to help the team survive you could bring Trank for tanking or Lumino for healing without needing to find another player somewhere in the world willing to join.

The fire branch for Rogue is very difficult to use at lower levels. It needs a lot of specialties to be effective. If you attempt fire Rogue at lower levels and find it lackluster that is because most Rogue specialties are designed specifically or primarily for the fire branch.

Thread : General  Preview message : #752924  Replies : 4  Views : 501
posté July 10, 2014, 22:22:30 | #17
I recommend trying any class you think you might even slightly enjoy since you can always delete the character and use the newly available character slot to make a new character of a different class. At levels 10 and 30 you can respec so if you start a new character with a branch you may not enjoy you can still try a different branch, especially since at lower levels you can afford having your spell experience spread out.

For area of effect attacks I recommend Rogue, Foggernaut, and Iop. Rogue and Foggernaut both have area of effect spells for close and medium range while Iop has more powerful close combat spells.

Feca is primarily a defensive class designed for taking hits so your allies can go unscathed, having high defense to survive all the punishment you take, creating glyphs which can buff your allies or debuff enemies, creating armors which buff allies or debuff/harm enemies, and since its latest revamp having high lock to keep melee-oriented enemies from chasing your allies. The fire branch seems to offer more offense than the earth and water branches. Hopefully an experienced Feca user will show up in this thread to help you.

Thread : General  Preview message : #752917  Replies : 2  Views : 331
posté July 04, 2014, 20:20:20 | #18
Every time you level you get five characteristic points used to improve your base stats and five specialty points to level your specialty spells. These two types of points are separate and may be spent how you want.

Characteristic points can be saved or spent immediately for many different stats but the most common method of spending them is to use them on principle characteristics (intelligence for fire, agility for air, chance for water, strength for earth) until lv30 when you get a free respec which allows you to reallocate your elemental spell experience, specialty points, and characteristic points. At lv31 you would have 150 characteristic points which most use to get 1AP. Then at lv51 you would have 100 characteristic points to get 1MP. Usually after this point people go back to spending characteristic points on principle stats to improve their elemental damage and resistance. Principle characteristics have a unique set of rules for how they can be increased: the highest of the four costs 3 characteristic points while the rest will only cost 1 characteristic point to increase it by 1. For example if you want to be a fire-water hybrid character you could spend 3 characteristic points to gain 1 intelligence then only 1 characteristic point to gain 1 chance while your agility and strength are left at 0. Since your intelligence and chance are both equal and the highest they would both ask for 3 characteristic points to increase either to 2, but if you increase one at a time you can alternate to end up with +1 intelligence and +1 chance for only 4 characteristic points.

Specialty points can be used to rank active and passive specialty spells. Passive spells require 5 specialty points to gain one level all the way until lv20, which is their maximum. Active spells require 5 specialty points per level to attain levels 1 to 3. For levels 4-6 they require 10 specialty points which equates to two character levels. For levels 7 to 9 they require 15 specialty points which equates to three character levels.

At lv31 you can use your 150 characteristic points to get 1AP. Starting with Gobball set (lv15) some sets will offer 1AP by equipping the entire set. Lower level sets which give 1AP for wearing all of the set at once tend to occupy more equipment slots while higher level sets require less slots filled to get the +1AP full set effect. Around lv60 some necklaces will offer 1AP from the item by itself. Around lv80 some weapons will give +1AP, usually two handed weapons but later one handed weapons which give +1AP will be available. Around lv100 sets will no longer give +1AP and instead capes will give +1AP on their own.

If you get +1AP from characteristic points, +1AP from an a set (past lv100 this AP comes from the cape), +1AP from an amulet, +1AP from a weapon, and your base 6AP you have a total of 10AP. There are also items beyond lv100 such as helmets and boots which also give AP.

In lower levels (~60 and lower) support classes may seem lackluster but they become vital later on, especially classes that can support while being able to attack during the same turn. Xelor is a great example of this by being able to use Devotion twice on an ally costing at least 2MP to the Xelor to give the target ally +2AP for their upcoming turn, while still having all their AP to either attack (fire and air spells) or modify AP pools (removing AP from enemies or giving even more AP to allies).

What kind of off-support do you have in mind? General kinds of support are buffing allies, debuffing enemies, healing allies, mobility/moving combatants around, and tanking.

What kind of attack ability do you want (in addition to the off-support above)? General kinds of attack are close combat, medium range, and long range.

This was a bit long winded. There are plenty of guides here if you want to read more. Apparently no one has made a guide for the simplest basics of this game so I might do that if you or anyone needs it.

Thread : General  Preview message : #751484  Replies : 4  Views : 1022
posté July 02, 2014, 17:58:53 | #19
Glad I can help.

Authority and Compulsion are pretty good around your level. Brakmar Riktus makes for great filler but does not replace having an AP set if you need it for your current spell rotations. Royal Tofu is also a great fire-air hybrid set when you have the whole thing to get +1MP.

Makabras boost your health more than most equipment available at the moment. Wodent is an odd pet choice considering its only benefit for an Iop is health, which pretty much all pets give in addition to other bonuses which can help you more.

I would replace your Wodent with a Scarafly (+25% fire damage, +20 initiative, +60 HP at lv50) or Baby Schnek (+60 HP, +13% all damage, +10 wisdom at lv50). Your current equipment loadout can work for the next few levels until you can work toward Imperial Blibli and Ebony Scara (both imperial sets for Blibli and Scara dungeons respectively) to greatly improve your stats all over the place but can be difficult to obtain.

Do you use Judgement or Punch often? Judgement is good for hitting something a couple spaces away or on the off chance two enemies are lined up. Punch is good for closing the gap while dealing damage in place of Jump but lacks the rest of what makes Jump great for mobility.

Your specialties are pretty well set up for your level. Virility is great for all the big blobs of health equipment will give (excluding Ebony Scara in our case which gives no HP, but later equipment) and Authority is a staple for Iop. Compulsion is less useful when you could have Jump instead, but you will likely rank Compulsion at some point. If you get the chance to respec use the points currently in Compulsion to rank Jump so you can better position yourself to use Wrath or Celestial while surrounded by enemies and escape lock zones.

I almost forgot, principle characteristics can be ranked differently now. You may have already read it in my guide but only the highest of the four costs 3 characteristic points while the rest only cost 1 so you can get 1 intelligence and 1 agility for only 4 characteristic points.

This post has been edited by Kakenshu - July 02, 2014, 18:02:02.
Reason for edit : Principle characteristics
Thread : Iop  Preview message : #750994  Replies : 5  Views : 1394
posté July 02, 2014, 07:01:04 | #20

Quote (Banorus @ 01 July 2014 02:09) *
Looking for some advice on what to be looking for as far as gear goes and for good spots for me to be solo grinding atm with current gear setup and spell usage.I generally start a fight with a flurry, two gutting gusts, and then either thunderbolt x2, thunderbolt + celestial sword, or an iop's wrath if there are three or more targets in it's range.

I'm trying to find out if my build/rotation are viable, if i spent points i shouldn't have in ap, and if there is anywhere i can solo grind. currently doing spiders in thicket. I have two followers plus the free one (fire and earth).

Grinding isn't great at my current location but idk if i can do anything better yet. I can do solo level 45-50 mobs and get about 30-100k per fight depending on challenge and whether i'm using followers at the time.

is it viable to hybrid air/fire focusing on gutting gust x2 + flurry followed by thunderbolt+celestial sword or Iop's wrath? or should i invest in a scroll and reset to a better build? i know pure air' is pretty good later but right now it seems the aoe helps me more when solo.

Your build link seems to be broken. It seems like you only have 7AP (1AP spell + 6AP spell, 1AP spell + two 3AP spells). If you could correct your link whether it be a screenshot or using this tool (when using links be sure there is no space between the URL and equals sign) so we can have a better idea of your setup.

You seem to know enough about your build to not this but I made a guide for fire-air Iop here which I plan on updating soon™. It was written a while ago and my build has since changed so some of my commentary on elemental spells may be outdated.

Beelzebug and Trank are decent sidekicks (assuming those are the two you meant by 'fire and earth') but as a fire Iop who wants to be surrounded by enemies to unleash a Wrath on all of them at once you could use some positioning. For more information on sidekicks see here.

From what I have read and personally experienced (Flurry having been part of my fire-air Iop build in the past) Jabs is often more useful in higher levels when you have access to more than just 7AP. Thunderbolt + Celestial can be a very powerful combination but can be situationally viable in more complex battles, especially if someone is moving things around the map to prevent the enemy you stacked levels of Flaming on from being activated because your Iop is no longer adjacent to the afflicted foe. Wrath and Gust are staples for a fire-air build. If you post your specialties maybe we can help you with that too.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #750889  Replies : 5  Views : 1394