aurevoirmika's profile
Statistics
106 Posts (0.18 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 22:06:09 | #1

Quote (Toastman7 @ 31 July 2014 21:40) *
Are there going to be more steam keys?
^^^

I seriously would love to have a steam key for closed beta. Honestly I'm so excited at the possibility of getting an influx of new people that can actually play together without getting frustrated of all the high players.

And of course I'm most excited for the Steam achievements.

Thread : News  Preview message : #758953  Replies : 24  Views : 263
posté February 01, 2014, 05:24:20 | #2
This settles it. I'm not going to get it. I was really hoping that it would be like a Yugo costume.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672963  Replies : 42  Views : 1882
posté January 30, 2014, 09:36:26 | #3
remember the horridness that was gobbsage to craft?

But really, those helmets aren't really worth crafting anyway, imo. Especially considering there are better dropped hats and easier crafted ones (apprentice, initiate and sage are just as good if not better). The higher level you get- the more set bonuses don't matter. High level gear doesn't even have set bonuses.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #671931  Replies : 21  Views : 918
posté January 30, 2014, 07:45:20 | #4

Quote (Hudski @ 29 January 2014 12:02) *
I think that on a basic level, in-guild cliques are guaranteed. There's no way to stop people making friends and grouping up together and I think that there is an amount of wiggle room to worm your way into cliques' groups on occasion.

The issue arises when people start to be left out or ignored by the very cliques they want to be a part of. When it starts to become exclusive and they have to start relying on looking toward random dungeon groups, bringing friends to the game to have someone to play with, grouping with people outside of the guild or even thinking about quitting, then guild cliques really need to take time off being the best around to pick the guildmates below them back up onto their feet.

There's no forcing people to play with each other but a little consideration can go a long way, and in some cases can make-or-break Wakfu for players with nothing left.

I just wish that the game made it easy to pick up stragglers or for said stragglers to gear themselves up. It's impossible to do such on your own, whereas other games have a cohesive and quick solo experience that lets people get up to speed by themselves.
I absolutely agree with this. People get into their routines and kind of forget about others. I'm sure they aren't purposely trying to exclude guildies, but it's hard when you become wrapped up in whatever you're doing. I think that the guild, especially the leader, needs to be conscious of who the cliques are, and the players who could use help. The leader and officers need to be aware of who everyone in the guild is and what they specifically need to help them advance further in the game. The leader needs to help organize runs for the players that want to be included in them. And the leader definitely needs to try to stay away from being in cliques themselves. Having friends is one thing, but excluding others is another.

But I also know that people will get caught up with their thoughts and feel excluded and discouraged for sometimes silly reasons. I know I have. But this happens through a combination of how you think the guild is treating you, long tedious dungeons and grinding, guild leader's involvement, guildies going out of their way to engage you in activity (or not), lack of group finder, and other various reasons.

Quote (Agosta @ 29 January 2014 14:03) *
It's why I quit Dathura.
Yeah, but you're missed.

Quote (Starbux @ 29 January 2014 23:16) *
This is the weirdest thread.
Perhaps, but it's a serious problem for some players.

This post has been edited by aurevoirmika - January 30, 2014, 07:47:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #671919  Replies : 15  Views : 804
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #5
Yeah... I feel a little conflicted about this. I feel like all this effort is being put into this potential system but it doesn't really seem to address the issues with the current crafting system.

Like what other people are saying- the current system needs tweaking. You increasing the xp from crafts last time was a step in the right direction, but it's not enough. It's still a tedious grind to max it out (especially chef). I think that resource requirements should be reviewed. I think that most sets/items should be craft-able (except for maybe relics). I think that there should be a lot more craft only gear options.

Why do gathering professions get titles, but crafters don't? For every maxed crafting profession, players should be rewarded with an exclusive title and insignia/costume at the bare minimum. That's more than enough of an advertisement for crafters if word-of-mouth isn't.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #669357  Replies : 85  Views : 4445
posté January 29, 2014, 13:01:50 | #6
- a continuation of the Zinit quest. It's been forever since chapter 2 was released and having more quests that have to do with the story would be a really great way for players to take a break from all the grinding

- more variety in sets: heals included in general damage items, more gear catered towards every individual class, control and cmc damage sets, a plethora of weapons to choose from for any kind of elemental build, etc etc. stoping making every class so cookie cutter

- a nation revamp. Revamping the HQs were a great start, but please make the nations actually matter aside of damage percentages. Add more uniqueness. Give people a reason to want to stay and fight the monsters habituating in those areas. Add more monsters. Remember all those different kinds of prespics? Why not add the entire family?

- a political revamp. Please for the love of god make it actually mean something in the game. Make wars have consequences (but remove party blocking please or a work around aside from having to log a no-nation alt), make each cabinet member meaningful. Good governors should be rewarded with more than just a statue. I think it would be kinda cool if there was like a golden age period similar to Civ 5, where the nation gets extra bonuses: +10% damage/res/heals, +crafting speed, +harvests. Anything to give incentive for players to vote and give feedback.

- give outlaws a unique bonus

- more customization for character selection! akin to dofus'. add more hair styles and an unlimited color palette. It would be nice to be able to choose the color of the clothing you wanted instead of having to choose from 4 or 5.

- current bug fixes of course.

- more island revamps! Calamar and Wild Estate were awesome starts, but more please.

- a better crafting system (and not the one recently posted). balance current craft resource requirements, add more unique craft-only (and useful) gear for every profession. Please also make the majority if not all sets into crafts to give people another option from mercilessly grinding for an item needed.

- fix and balance drop rates to match with the prospecting lock, please

- group finder!

- give meaning and/or bonuses for having wakfu or stasis. Add more useful gear for an array of levels that have wakfu/statis requirements.

- remove questers' block

- I'd like to see a return of Ogrest Chaos also. But not the crap that it was. As Ogrest seems to be the main villain in this game, making his presence a little more known seems ideal. If you can fix the bugs and make it doesn't destroy work stations, then that would be greatly appreciated.

- finish the class revamps for pandas and srams. Class tweaks here and there would be nice also.

- with the level cap continually being raised, it would be awesome to see more class specialties added to really help differentiate builds. We're starting to run out of things to put points into

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #671437  Replies : 290  Views : 11891
posté January 29, 2014, 09:35:01 | #7
I know I have for sure felt that way many times in the guild I'm currently in and honestly it's all just in my head. I get along with everybody in it and while there are definitely cliques, it was always me that prevented myself from getting involved more. It's kinda tough getting over that because I still struggle sometimes. The way I've dealt with it was by taking mini breaks, or PMing a random guildie online who I hardly know. Getting to know your guildies I think is a make-or-break-it for this game (if you don't like soloing). I've been trying to make a habit of going onto the guild's teamspeak whenever I'm online also.

In the past, I used to have guildies messaging me about feeling left out also. And I would try my best to help them feel more involved and even fight monsters and do professions together. I would also try to bring it up not only with the guild leader but with fellow officers. Luckily my guild is pretty good in fixing the situation when addressed. It's gotten a lot better than it used to be. It helps when guilds have silly little meetings, and even having a form of communication outside of the game via skype, teamspeak, ventrillo etc.

I think the key for people feeling this way is expressing how they feel and stepping out of their comfort zone to try and make more friends and getting involved. If the guild isn't receptive at all, then it's probably not the guild for you.

This post has been edited by aurevoirmika - January 29, 2014, 09:37:32.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #671389  Replies : 15  Views : 804
posté January 29, 2014, 03:47:42 | #8

Quote (Meowsa @ 29 January 2014 03:32) *

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 29 January 2014 02:05) *
way to transform "beta testing" into "personal character build-testing" :\
Why are you complaining? Nothing's stopping you from participating too.
Yeah what??? I think it's awesome that they are including gear and respecs to be able to test a build that you want before having a legit restat. Plus being able to test to the new content coming out. I can't believe you're actually complaining about that.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #671287  Replies : 16  Views : 812
posté January 28, 2014, 01:10:32 | #9
I would start leveling up a feca because of the class changes coming up. They are going to be mean tank machines.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #670575  Replies : 10  Views : 653
posté January 28, 2014, 01:07:41 | #10
I don't think it's pointless for people to express that they actually like certain things about this game. Why do the forums always have to be so negative?

This post has been edited by aurevoirmika - January 28, 2014, 01:07:58.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #670571  Replies : 30  Views : 1222
posté January 27, 2014, 04:13:06 | #11

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 27 January 2014 03:56) *

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 27 January 2014 03:21) *
You're pissed off because you need 1 more token to get the item you need yet you still have 2 more attempts left and, by the sound of things, you can actually do the UB meaning if there are no more server issues you should have your item today.

Correct me if I'm wrong .

Stuff happens, it sucks but it does happen, more so with Ankama .

Side note, I didn't experience any server lag yesterday, and I was on all day, so there's that.
"it doesn't effect me so its not an issue"

News flash: It is an issue that does in fact need to be fixed
^^^^^

Because disconnecting and not being able to reconnect is totally ok. Disconnecting sucks whether you are fighting UBs or just standing at Almanax.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #670081  Replies : 74  Views : 1987
posté January 25, 2014, 08:33:32 | #12
Actually I wrote that back in April before Enis even got their revamp.

It's better than it was, but there are still annoying range restrictions and I'm still not impressed with that.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #669377  Replies : 5  Views : 2087
posté January 25, 2014, 08:25:21 | #13
That to me seems pretty average for a new server. I'm sure if more were to open it would look that like that first too.Dathura was very lively when it first opened also. People will probably drop as time goes on, but it's still really exciting to see full of life it is right now.

This post has been edited by aurevoirmika - January 25, 2014, 08:25:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #669369  Replies : 11  Views : 781
posté January 25, 2014, 08:17:28 | #14

Quote (Goblin-Cleaver @ 25 January 2014 04:19) *
While some moderation is in order to keep things in order, this is simply draconian. Moderation should be done in, well, moderation.

While these changes in the forum rules have been made to more closely align them with the TOU, they do not match the TOU. Simply posting Article 7 would have been sufficient.

Anything that is not in the TOU such as polls and petitions should be immediately removed from the forum rules.

We are expected to follow the rules, I expect you as a company to enforce them. What I object to is the rules being changed on the fly with no change to the TOU.
Yes yes yes yes yes. This a million times.

This is why people have problems with the moderation team. This is why I have a problem with the moderation team. Having petitions/polls in no way harms the community. Closing and removing threads that are parody/troll threads is understandable. It's not giving any constructive feedback at all. If a petition gets out of hand and trollsy, I can understand the closing of that thread. Even though it just takes a little bit of effort from the moderators to prune trolling comments. And no, different opinions do not count as trolling.

It is important to also make sure that disruptive or abusive behavior is no longer tolerated within this community and we make the promise to never censure your voices and always use them to represent you as they should, as long as our Forums Rules of Conduct are respected.

Why should we have to go through you to post such topics? Why can't your moderation team just monitor threads like these? It is your job (voluntary or not) to monitor all posts and threads made on this forum. That is the responsibility of being a moderator and/or admin. Just because you don't like how many troll petitions there are (one of them being a serious concern despite people calling it silly), it doesn't mean you can add a new rule to silence some people. Trolls will troll no matter what, and you can't punish the entire community by adding new stupid rules like this.

On a side note, although everyone should know the forum rules- the reality is that not everybody is going to check the rules or that side of the forums 24/7. You really should have advertised it so every user can see, like posting it in the announcement section above the forums. I'm just really disappointed in this team and how they handle situations. edit: I know they are there now before anyone says anything. I just mean that this should have been done originally.

This post has been edited by aurevoirmika - January 25, 2014, 08:21:33.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #669365  Replies : 68  Views : 2036
posté January 25, 2014, 07:45:27 | #15
PRETTY UPSET ABOUT IT BEING GENDER SPECIFIC. They are both really adorable and being forced to wear one kind is not my cup of tea. I would have loved to option to buy both and equip whichever was my flavor-of-the-moment on my characters. Really poor decision, Ankama.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #669361  Replies : 24  Views : 966
posté January 25, 2014, 07:37:32 | #16

Quote (androgyous @ 24 January 2014 23:10) *
Was excited till I found out it was one insignia and not two separate ones. Ankama you make me so sad.

Yeah...they really should have made them two different options like every other insignia on the boutique. The female one is cute, but I would prefer the male's for my eni. Oh well.

Thread : News  Preview message : #669359  Replies : 37  Views : 2840
posté January 21, 2014, 09:14:45 | #17

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 January 2014 08:55) *

Quote (Madd1 @ 21 January 2014 08:00) *
Who is the guy in your vids who sounds like Nintendocaprisun? (The youtube LPer)
I'm laughing really hard because I watch him on youtube but i'm on TS with these guys literally everyday and have no idea who it could be youre referring to

i'm hoping its not me since I don't really see it in my voice but at the same time it would be funny as hell if it was

I feel like it is since I can't see who else it would be???

edit: or pime?? but that's a bit of a stretch

This post has been edited by aurevoirmika - January 21, 2014, 09:18:34.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #667171  Replies : 59  Views : 4802
posté January 21, 2014, 07:02:21 | #18
I'm not really understanding exactly what you are saying, but if you are talking about waiting for your turn, maybe you should increase your initiative?

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #667099  Replies : 3  Views : 984
posté January 21, 2014, 05:05:00 | #19
If 4k was pocket change, I would do it just to have a drawing of myself. I'm considering backing it up for the exclusive in-game item. I'm hoping it's an insignia.

Thread : News  Preview message : #667059  Replies : 73  Views : 3495
posté January 21, 2014, 04:03:44 | #20

Quote (Nox16 @ 21 January 2014 02:41) *

Quote (Kokonaut @ 21 January 2014 02:00) *
See here.

• Mango
really :/
Why are you still making this an issue tho

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #667047  Replies : 21  Views : 867