Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Aacher's profile
Statistics
810 Posts (0.65 per day)
Most active in : Role Play
posté Today - 12:52:46 | #1
Such a nice idea, Pip!
I'm happy to answer questions too: ig name is Meier. I'm in Bonta, Remington.

This post has been edited by Aacher - May 30, 2015, 12:53:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #868531  Replies : 6  Views : 409
posté Today - 12:50:31 | #2
I guess I'll be on, but I won't touch the markets or trade.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #868529  Replies : 11  Views : 225
posté Today - 11:36:06 | #3
Pm Meier, Piispa, Mat Calls, Jazza or Zoeduhu: we'll add you to the guild we're part of. Lots of people to meet there.

I see you chose xelor: good choice. I play xelor too.

(We're on Remington, btw)

This post has been edited by Aacher - May 30, 2015, 11:39:47.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #868504  Replies : 7  Views : 156
posté Today - 11:10:24 | #4
Yep: Click here
It's really annoying, aha.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #868494  Replies : 2  Views : 45
posté Today - 11:08:12 | #5
What I would like to know is what are the exact obstacles that have delayed these prizes for over 10 months.

When the contest was announced, I assumed that the prizes would be ready and waiting (except for the ones that had to be made- which would surely have a template so that they can be done easily). The two weeks max waiting time we were originally given was to allow for any delays/unexpected issues, I thought.

But here we are, closer to being a year late, and countless emails and threads later and still nothing.

I want to know what happened and why... and if Ankama has done anything to fix whatever is wrong with their systems that made this a problem in the first place.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #868493  Replies : 36  Views : 1434
posté Today - 10:18:30 | #6
The mouse-over thing is really frustrating for me too. : s

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #868476  Replies : 1  Views : 83
posté May 28, 2015, 01:03:59 | #7
Waiting ten months (and counting!) and having to struggle with the mods for answers all the way, has really sucked the fun out of the event, to be honest.
The lack of communication, the struggle to get what little response we have, and consistent broken promises has rather soured the experience for me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867252  Replies : 36  Views : 1434
posté May 28, 2015, 00:49:35 | #8

Quote (Ichiechiechie @ 27 May 2015 18:02) *

Quote (Cantisque @ 27 May 2015 12:20) *
We had the situation recently of an inexperienced governer in Bonta, things didn't go too smoothly there. Bandits running wild, low bonuses all the time.

I will make the same suggestions here as I did there, in that before running you should at least have participated in an already-established government and/or dedicate some time to ecosystem maintenance to build up a rep.

have to agree with Cantisque on this. Most popular Governors (and possibly other cabinet members as well) we are currently familiar with, have started from being cabinet members, back in the day.

It's also a better and insightful experience to work alongside a veteran Governor than try to lead your own with zero background. You learn the do's and dont's, and get to know how to work around with other issues and problems regarding nations, outlaws and normal day to day issues.

gl with this venture

Cheers~

Agreeing with this too.
(This is all a bit of a side note from the original topic, but is relevant to what's been happening in the nations recently)
There's a lot to learn about the political system if you're going to do it well. And even to do it at all: there are many cases of inexperienced governors accidentally kicking themselves out of office as they try and figure out how the laws work (Brakmar saw an example of this recently).

Some people may be able to learn most things well quickly enough to do the job... but have no contacts to put in their government. This leaves them with the choice of gathering random players who might just want the hat instead of working, players who have no experience and may accidentally make changes that are annoying for the citizens, or have to try and convince veteran government members to join and help them (if it's an alt-voted governor, this is very unlikely to happen)- and hope the ones who join won't turn them into a puppet. I have seen this happen before, a new and inexperienced player was chosen by a guild as a candidate... but she quickly found out she was nothing more than a figurehead.

It's a problem with alt-voters: they get themselves into power, but have no one of influence willing to work under them. This means the alt-voted governor cannot call upon an allied guild for assistance with the ecosystem or advice about which veteran government members they've asked to join them can be trusted.

Being successful in Wakfu politics is similar to real life in terms of time spent building knowledge and reputation: you spend a lot of time getting to know the people involved, proving that you are honest and reliable, building relations between guilds, getting to learn the systems, getting to learn the most efficient way of doing things, knowing what to avoid, etc.
The best way to do this is through your "internship", haha: a minor government position where you can start to learn what to do, how to handle situations, and who everyone is.
In my government/governments I have influence in, we always try to leave a space for someone new to fill, so they can learn what they need to do well in politics. Plus you meet nice people .

The "old crowd" is old for a reason: they've lasted because they put the time in to make the connections and learn to do the job really well. They started at the bottom and worked through the ranks.

However, all of this only works if you are part of a nation that has a government that is willing to let new people get a chance/cares about the nation. In situations where you have people like the recent troll gov in Brakmar who alt voted themselves in, literally anyone would be better by sheer virtue of being well intentioned, haha. xD

So I guess it's important for the "old crowd" to let a bit of fresh blood in. People can get noticed as deserving candidates by offering to help the government, understanding the political sphere, etc. A good person to talk to is usually the Vice governor.

It all depends on what a person wants: if you just want the hat for the day, that's usually when you get an alt-vote situation. If you want actual political influence / to have an impact on your nation, get yourself involved.

(Now for the part directly related to the original post aha)
As for this: goodluck! I recommend you start contacting players who know how the ecosystem works etc who can help you. Brakmar needs someone good right now, your friend might just be the person for it.  

This post has been edited by Aacher - May 28, 2015, 00:57:42.
Thread : Brakmar  Preview message : #867247  Replies : 6  Views : 388
posté May 27, 2015, 06:13:39 | #9
The saga continues.
On a side note, perhaps it would be best to actually complete this event before another is planned...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866987  Replies : 36  Views : 1434
posté May 27, 2015, 06:08:38 | #10
I want to say boy xelors, but it's probably sacs.
If we may draw from the show... it's Qilby after he sheds his old-man skin (ew, lol). His hips are ridiculous. Not "best" hips (Qilby too creepy), but they there.

This post has been edited by Aacher - May 27, 2015, 06:10:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866986  Replies : 67  Views : 2041
posté May 27, 2015, 05:57:42 | #11
120-140 is pretty damn grindy, that's true.
I think Ruhka means that they don't want to level faster, so much as they want more variety for levelling in that range?

If that's what they mean, then I dig- though, I'd prefer some more story/side quests to help me level over new dungeons. I think they really add to Wakfu's charm and are a break from the norm of dungeon grinding.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866981  Replies : 19  Views : 608
posté May 26, 2015, 13:33:11 | #12

Quote (chichiP @ 26 May 2015 00:26) *
I appreciate the link to my original post, something markedly absent from this re-post (which I was not informed of), though it seems space was found to add their own name to the end of my post...

I am sorry that i gave your post attention without marking the original which was not my intent. So yeah i even mentioned you 3 times in bold, compliment you here and in the other post. In the last sentence AFTER my name i've put your name and thanked you. Just to put that here...won't do it again and thanks for the suggestions.

Cya Awiti
Hello Awiti.

You did indeed mention my name- had you not, it would have been plagiarism, so it's good you did.

My issue lies with the fact that I was cut out of the discussion of my own work. By not asking me or messaging me or linking to my post, I had no way of knowing that you had re-posted my work. The only reason I ever found out is because one of my friends saw it and asked me about it.

The problem with not asking me or linking to my post is that if people have questions about my suggestions, I cannot address them if I don't know another copy of my post exists. If people hate my work, I cannot defend my suggestions or amend them.
On the other hand, if people like my suggestions, I'd never know that people appreciate the result of my work. If they have their own suggestions, I'd never see them.

The final problem is that my suggestions are old: I have been compiling new suggestions, to be released in two weeks, based off of my time as governor and new interviews with players. This would have been added to this post. The version you reposted was missing all this and people asked questions about the things that would have been addressed in the revised version. You didn't know this, but you didn't give me a chance to say, either.
To answer everyone's questions, I've had to do a rushed verison of what would have been done at the end of the two weeks. Not what I'd intended.

I cannot edit your thread, either, meaning that I lose the ability to update my ideas.

Lastly, by not linking my original post, it stops anyone who reads my suggestions from asking me about it or seeing the questions/suggestions made by others in the original thread.

I fully support Wakfu getting a politics revamp (the reason why I put so much time into making these suggestions), but a copy-paste of my thread, without permission or link, just stops me from being able to participate in the discussion, which isn't very fair.

I'm sure that wasn't your intent- or I will assume so- but that is why I don't agree with your method, as it was done without asking me, thus shutting me out of a topic that is important to me and I've put a lot of work into.

I hope you understand how I feel and that I applaud the intent, it is only the method I object to.

This post has been edited by Aacher - May 26, 2015, 13:34:40.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #866678  Replies : 20  Views : 999
posté May 25, 2015, 21:10:41 | #13
Oh hai, Forum.

So, Sabi recently changed the layout of the politics section of the forum for each server, giving each nation its own section. This is good, but all the old topics have been hidden (which is not good) and no new topics can be created (also not good).
This is the case for each server's politics section.

Please let us create topics again and access the old threads.

Thank you.  

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #866400  Replies : 36  Views : 394
posté May 25, 2015, 18:15:18 | #14
Updated!

Someone copied and re-posted this whole thing into general discussion, but it was closed by the mods because of double posting... however, it did remind me to update a few things and hopefully reminded the developers that we'd like to see more done with the politics system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (NotAnotherFlibble @ 25 May 2015 17:36) *

Politics, guarding, outlaws – all do need rework. This seems to be a good starting point for the politics side of things.

Guarding needs to be separated from PvP (there could still reasonably be things in common, but I definitely don't want to have to have wings up to be able to attack an outlaw). Outlaws – severity of offence, allowing for accidentally crossing an area limit…

Quote (PastoriPeter @ 25 May 2015 17:35) *

True: outlaws and PvP are indeed linked to the political system and ecosystem.
This post was made a long time ago and I've just updated it to include a little more about PvP and outlaws. Those are both separate issues in their own right, but since they impact on politics, I've just included the key points.

I want these suggestions to be the groundwork for a better politics system in Wakfu and this thread to be a gathering place for people to make their own informed suggestions.

Quote (PastoriPeter @ 25 May 2015 17:35) *

Quote (NotAnotherFlibble @ 25 May 2015 17:16) *
Aacher, would you mind shortening those lines of dashes somewhat, enough so that the page fits comfortably in (let's say) a 1024-pixel-wide window, i.e. no horizontal scrolling required? It's… uncomfortable to read your text at that width.

(I've just tried making this browser window full-screen. For me, that breaks useability and readability of the forum rather badly, so I'm sticking to my narrower window.)
In my screen it seems just fine. Maybe it has to do something with your browser/resolution?
It may be your screen size- I just had a few friends read it and the lines haven't affected their view. I've just written it using the format the forums automatically apply.
It displays normally on my screen as well.  

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #866308  Replies : 20  Views : 999
posté May 25, 2015, 17:13:39 | #15
A few things have been updated.  

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #866269  Replies : 6  Views : 2483
posté May 25, 2015, 16:47:08 | #16

Quote (RoboTrigger @ 25 May 2015 16:10) *
Just going to add that her original post can be found here it also has some nice points in the replies.
Thank you, Robotrigger. I appreciate the link to my original post, something markedly absent from this re-post (which I was not informed of), though it seems space was found to add their own name to the end of my post...

I'd appreciate it if people would refer back to the original post (it would be good if the person who copied it over would add the link to the first post), which is updated with new information as needed- something I can't do to a thread I have no power to edit.

-----------------------

Putting that aside, I'm very pleased to see politics is being discussed once again, as I do think it's an important and unique element of game play that would greatly benefit from further development.

Since I have been governor of Bonta, I have found a few additional things to add to my original post, primarily relating to the roles of the guilds, outlaws and guards. This will be added at a later date.

For now, though:

The most pressing issue not already addressed is the roles of outlaws and guards: due to the manner in which the PvP system has been implemented, it is unclear who is an outlaw because they are breaking the law or if they are just visiting from an enemy nation. To even attack someone, you need to either constantly have PvP on (a considerable nuisance for those not wanting to participate in PvP, but who want to be able to stop outlaws) or wait the five minutes for it to activate- by which time the outlaw has either escaped or done far more damage.

A solution to this would be to return to the system of clearly defining outlaws- any player who consistently breaks the laws of a nation and attacks players who are guards or not participating in PvP is marked as an outlaw.
As for PvP itself, I think many systems in the game would benefit from the "attack lock" being removed. That is, players wishing to fight in PvP will be marked as such, but anyone can attack as normal: people who attack people without a PvP symbol simply won't get any merit... and risk becoming an outlaw.

The outlaw system is something that would need to be developed alongside the politics system, for best results.

For information on how the political system currently works/the roles of those involved, anyone interested might find what they're after here: Click here (this is just a guide. my suggestions for change may be found in the link Robotrigger provided).

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 25 May 2015 13:38) *

Solution: Make CP a valuable resource. If CP becomes useful, then people will have incentive to gather it- this makes the law's current CP based model effective. Like the PvP merit system, perhaps CP may be used to acquire bonuses (armour, costumes, emotes, bounses, power-up food, etc). This would also give greater incentive to members of a nation to fix the ecosystem when it's broken.
But then there is no point in being an outlaw, so we can as well remove the whole system if everyone will be good because thats the only way to gain something. There must be something you can gain as an outlaw too.
You're quite right: which is why outlaws need their own system. I was hoping the Riktus update would be the beginning of this, but it seems to have just further muddied the waters between outlaw/PvP.

Ideally, I think the Outlaw system should mirror the lawful player system: just as gathering CP is used by lawful players to accrue bonuses, an outlaw player may access the same bonuses by causing destruction/losing CP.
Also, the "nation bonus" lawful players get from the ecosystem being balanced should apply to outlaws... when the ecosystem is unbalanced. Allegedly, that's part of the current system, but not in any meaningful way.

By making Lawful and Outlaw a mirror of each other, if comes down to the personal preference of players to pick a side.

Since it is easier to destroy and kill people though, that's why lawful players have the benefits of laws, guards and nations- if properly implemented, it should keep the balance between the damage caused by outlaws and the order created by lawful players. Playing as an outlaw ought to be a bit of a challenge anyway, otherwise where's the fun.

This post has been edited by Aacher - May 25, 2015, 17:06:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866251  Replies : 8  Views : 348
posté May 25, 2015, 16:01:22 | #17
Nimble fingers, well practiced in searching through pockets that didn't belong to them, froze as the hand they joined to was seized.
"Oh, you're still alive. Yay", Lazarus said flatly, no emotion but for a hint of contempt in his voice. He waited, letting the cra use him to drag himself upright, but made no attempt to aid the old bounty hunter.

"I say, I say, make yerself useful for once. Light dem torches over t'ere, boy", Bauwmann wheezed to him, still obviously not yet recovered. The cra tossed a flint and steel to Lazarus, who caught it, despite the dark, his chains clinking.
"That was the plan, old man", Lazarus replied dismissively, before walking back to the row of torches. A canister was left next to them: kerosene, judging by the smell. Lazarus dunked his torch in it before replacing the lid and walking away. He struggled with the flint for a moment (it was hard to light something one-handed, chained and in the dark), but then a spark brought forth a warm glow as the kerosene burned.

And that was it: without a backward glance, Lazarus started to walk away into the network of tunnels. With the others taking their sweet time at the top of the hatch and Bauwmann just being himself, there wasn't anyone to stop him.
"Carthac, what do you think you're doing?" Maurice growled lowly to him.
"Sleep time now, Maurice", Lazarus answered cheerfully, buttoning up his jacket to cover Maurice's eye.
"Wait, wait! I want to see!" Maurice called to him. Lazarus continued to button his coat with his free hand. "I'll be quiet!" Maurice added hastily. Lazarus paused.
"...so long as you're good", Lazarus told the shushu idly as he walked along the passage.
"The cheek of you, xelor! Arrogant little shit!" Maurice huffed, annoyed- had the xelor forgotten who held who's magic?- but was quiet after.

Now, it was time to see if Lazarus could turn all this chaos to his advantage: he'd practically made a career out of just that. Ok, well, maybe "career" was too charitable a word, but finding opportunities where others found problems is what had let a kid like Lazarus survive in Brakmar. Right now, Lazarus wasn't too sure he wanted to go with the soldiers sent to "acquire" him. Something he couldn't put his finger on just didn't seem right about it all. Ideally, Lazarus would like to give both Neill and the soldiers the slip, but if he couldn't, he wanted more information before he had to choose.

For now though, time to find out why one shouldn't follow the tunnels marked with arrows...

This post has been edited by Aacher - May 25, 2015, 16:05:14.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #866230  Replies : 113  Views : 9305
posté May 23, 2015, 17:07:07 | #18
Congratulations to our winners!

1st place: Nedmirr, from Shadow Hawk
2nd place: Mina-Moof, from Fire Academy
3rd place: Wakwufak, from Fire Academy

We had a fantastic turn out for this event- thanks so much to everyone who joined.
You were all great and good work finding the bags! ;D

All prize money was donated by Tone Lund from The Brurs- a huge thank you to Tone and everyone who helped, especially Piispa and Zoeduhu.

See you next event,
Meier  

Thread : Events  Preview message : #865441  Replies : 12  Views : 596
posté May 22, 2015, 16:46:53 | #19
I just realised this thread existed: super cute stuff, scrubbit.
hugs them all

Quote (Ichiechiechie @ 22 May 2015 07:25) *
Omfg laksjdhakdh why you no tell me you take kama comissions o,...,o I'm so Skyping you later... And you cant say no *pervs*

I love your works as always!!! QwQ *smooches chibi Zo panties and Meier*
eeeeeeee Ichie!  

This post has been edited by Aacher - May 22, 2015, 16:47:35.
Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #864736  Replies : 25  Views : 1749
posté May 22, 2015, 08:34:13 | #20
Woooo!

Thread : Events  Preview message : #864573  Replies : 12  Views : 596