Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Aacher's profile
Statistics
727 Posts (0.64 per day)
Most active in : Role Play
posté January 20, 2015, 14:05:41 | #1
Junebug, I've seen you around the place. Will try and add you.  

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #821856  Replies : 110  Views : 6926
posté January 20, 2015, 12:27:00 | #2
Any news about making HW's tradeable?

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #821831  Replies : 4  Views : 196
posté January 19, 2015, 13:49:19 | #3
Welcome to our new members!
Congrats on everyone's hard work- we're really collecting the guild points and the nations are learning to fear our coming.  

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #821551  Replies : 110  Views : 6926
posté January 06, 2015, 15:30:47 | #4
Well, I wasn't expecting my name to come up in this thread, but thank you for the declarations of confidence.

With regards to "getting the admins to fix something", it's true I am attempting to get changes made that the players have identifed as necessary, but it's too early to say if I (and the people helping me) have had any success. I think this is just a case of the story being elaborated upon as it's passed along the grapevine.

As for the rest... when I hold a position in government, or even when I don't, I do my best for Bonta. I'm not here to comment on the current situation in politics, though, so I'll leave it at that.

Meier.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #817839  Replies : 25  Views : 8682
posté January 04, 2015, 14:27:14 | #5
Lazarus, seething with anger, hurt, and humiliation, didn't notice Viper's appearance until the sacrier spoke:
"You're human too."
Lazarus gaped at Viper behind his mask, wondering if he'd misheard. But no- Viper let his tattoos gather around his hands, at the ready, walking calmly next to Lazarus's drago.
Laz was speechless- the last thing he'd expected to happen was for anyone to... actually stick up for him.
"Thanks..." Maurice muttered to Viper. A good thing, as Lazarus didn't trust himself to speak. He settled for nodding.

Celci, though... well, there was no way he could miss her:
"HEY!" With this shout, the iop had launched herself into the crowd, seizing the horrified api thrower. Lazarus couldn't hear what she was saying, but he saw her ram an api in the man's mouth. This was immensely satisfying- Lazarus grinned with a sense of shared victory, but also at her brashness. It was both impressive and slightly scary how Celci just seemed to make a decision and then commit herself 110% to that course of action. She'd endeared herself to Lazarus more than ever.
"AND THAT GOES FOR ALL THE REST OF YOU ASSHOLES TOO!" Celci bellowed, Lazarus grinned at her audacity, Maurice chuckling. The situation was embarrassing though- Lazarus didn't want anyone else staring at him, so it was a small mercy for him (and a big one for the api thrower) when Darci grabbed her and lead her away.

That's when Neill headed in. Lazarus watched him with eyes narrowed in suspicion; Maurice, with approval. As soon as Celci was removed, the old cra started talking with the api thrower- Lazarus strained to hear, but it was too far away. He did see Neill reach into his bag, though.
What was the old bastard up to...?

Lazarus's view of Neill was suddenly obscured by Darci. Lazarus was about to snarl at her for it, when a cloth was presented to him. He took it with some surprise.
“Here, lets get you cleaned up and down from the drago. I don’t want you to be a target again if I can help it.” Darci told him. Lazarus quickly swiped the cloth over his mask, removing the api pulp.
Looking at the crowd, Lazarus decided it'd be better to stay on the drago until they crossed the bridge- he felt a little safer out of their reach.
"I don't think-" He began hesitantly, but was cut off by Neill's bellow:
“Well, what are ya all waitin for? Free food? This ‘ere isn’t a show! Move along!” A glare at the crowd, then at Darci and Celci. The next shout was for the group: “That means you lot as well.” He swung back into his saddle, leading Lazarus's drago along with him, Darci and Viper on either side.
Very softly, so quiet you'd wonder if you heard it at all, Lazarus said to Viper, Celci and Darci: "...thanks."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once they'd crossed the bridge leading into Arms Way proper, they dismounted from their drago turkeys, Lazarus taking the opportunity to wrap himself in his cloak. Prison arm band and chains now hidden from view, Lazarus made the res tof the journey to the garrison without notice from the crowd.
Lazarus sighed when he could see the guards posted outside the garrison. He'd love to just disappear into the crowd right now, but knew it wouldn't work. He had to play the long game now.

Neill had walked forward and was talking to the guards, showing them his bounty hunter papers and the papers for Lazarus. The guards nodded and the party was ushered into the gates of the garrison, Lazarus taking one last longing look at the city from under his hood before letting himself be brought along.

One guard on either side of Lazarus, the party followed them inside and down a corridor, finally coming to a stop when a tall and well muscled man came striding out of an office. Upon spotting Neill, the man's rugged face broke into a wide smile and the two greeted each other warmly.
This must be the garrison commander.

Lazarus sighed, awkwardly removing his cloak, hampered by his chains.
After Neill showed the man some more papers, the other man turned his attention to Lazarus.
"Ah, this must be Lazarus Carthac. Didn't give you any trouble, did he, Neill?" The man asked over his shoulder to Neill. He frowned when he spotted the chains at Lazarus's wrists.
"Guess he did, huh?" The commander looked at Lazarus warningly. "Don't forget, Mr Carthac, you've promised us your full cooperation..."
"And you'll have it." Lazarus replied in a polite tone that masked his bitterness. He scowled beneath his mask.

The garrison commander raised one eyebrow at Lazarus before turning to the rest of the group.
"And who are these? Thought it was just going to be you, Neill..." From the look Neill shot him, the commander got the impression it was a bit of a sore point for the old cra. "Uh, you know what? Tell me in my office- you and I have a lot to chat about." Then he spoke to the rest of the group: "All of you feel free to wait in the the guard room- it's down the corridor. Ought to be some tea in there you can get into."
As the others were lead away down the hall by a guard, Lazarus was left with his guards. He looked questioningly at the commander.
"You can wait here- I'll need to have a word with you too, Carthac." One of the guards next to Lazarus jerked his head at bench along the wall. Lazarus took the hint and sat with a sigh, resting his chin on his hands, the guards standing nearby.

Waiting in prison, chapter two.
Yay.

This post has been edited by Aacher - January 17, 2015, 09:39:13.
Reason for edit : UPDATE WITH SECOND HALF :D
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #817399  Replies : 90  Views : 6169
posté December 27, 2014, 19:51:43 | #6
I was personally hoping to get the Father Whupper costume.
I haven't been able to do the calendar in previous years and was really looking forward to getting one.
It was disappointing to get the Boohemoth costume again.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #815420  Replies : 122  Views : 3866
posté December 27, 2014, 19:22:19 | #7

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 27 December 2014 18:14) *
You could use Teamviewer, you know. Just turn your PC on, activate teamviewer both on your computer and tablet/phone/printer, use the right password and IP, and boom. You can do whatever you want in your computer, from your third party device.
Same thing as Splashtop, man, but thanks.

Quote (Calleen @ 27 December 2014 15:13) *
There is a way - you just need to have tablet with windows 8 ;p You don't need any special programs (if there is any, idk), you can enjoy normal wakfu client.
I don't know any other ways, but I have tablet with windows and I don't really care about android or iOS xD
Hmmm, thanks. I'm running android, but I'll see if I can figure something out.

Thought it'd be best to ask on the forums first, but so far no one seems to have any idea- you've been the closest. xD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #815409  Replies : 9  Views : 546
posté December 27, 2014, 10:38:46 | #8

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 27 December 2014 09:09) *

Quote (Aacher @ 27 December 2014 08:48) *
Right, I don't know a whole lot about technology, so sorry if this is a bit of a naive question: is there a way to play Wakfu on a tablet?
I hear about people playing it on their phones but I don't know if that's using Splashtop or something like that.
Anyone know?
Thanks Forum.
Tablets, caplets, pills, lozenges- are these really the best way to experience Wakfu? I dunno. I prefer computers to oral medications.
Tommy, plz. ;p

Quote (Coyox @ 27 December 2014 09:53) *
Just checked the app store, there are 0 apps related to wakfu.

I checked that myself. Since people do play on their phones, I'm trying to figure out if a tablet can run it or if they're just using Splashtop.

As a side note, there's a bunch of apps and downloads for Wakfu/Dofus/Ankama- just not the game itself.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #815338  Replies : 9  Views : 546
posté December 27, 2014, 08:48:41 | #9
Wakfu for tablet? Right, I don't know a whole lot about technology, so sorry if this is a bit of a naive question: is there a way to play Wakfu on a tablet?
I hear about people playing it on their phones but I don't know if that's using Splashtop or something like that.
Anyone know?
Thanks Forum.

Edit: because of all the replies about "checking the app store", I'll clarify: is there a way to run the Wakfu client, the actual game, off android? Aside from using Splashtop/Teamview, that is.

This post has been edited by Aacher - December 27, 2014, 19:32:41.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #815325  Replies : 9  Views : 546
posté December 27, 2014, 08:42:16 | #10
Oh man, this interface is so much cleaner and so much clearer too! This would be perfect- great work and I hope Ankama implements something like this.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #815324  Replies : 23  Views : 1131
posté December 27, 2014, 06:41:57 | #11

Quote (syphnick @ 27 December 2014 05:54) *
Any news on plans to make haven worlds sellable/transferable yet. Rather than needing to not have anyone log and have it become abandoned and then recycled into the auction.

^
This.

It'd be really great if guilds could sell haven worlds to each other or even trade.
(It's an opportunity for the politics revamp too- to have between-nation haven world sales.)

Thread : News  Preview message : #815310  Replies : 14  Views : 945
posté December 24, 2014, 16:29:30 | #12
The animation in the trailer is really pretty. *_*

Nice crow designs too- I particularly like the design of the one with the hammer.
The hella buff crow reminds me of Anathar, as a side note.

Thread : News  Preview message : #814465  Replies : 32  Views : 1417
posté December 22, 2014, 16:50:22 | #13
A good deal of it has been via private messages between Major and I, so you won't see much (I don't know why he keeps asking my opinion on things, since he gets very angry if the opinion doesn't match his own), but my blog is here in case you're interested: Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #813532  Replies : 1635  Views : 62653
posté December 22, 2014, 16:26:15 | #14

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 22 December 2014 16:22) *
"However, for now I welcome this new information as it makes all his story threads more cohesive and creates new possibilities"
That's exactly what I said. Because it did create new possibilites.

However, I don't control Ankama- they chose to take Wakfu in a direction other than what you wanted. There were new possibilites, at the time of my posting that, but now it's been decided by Ankama.

So being bitter at me for not instantly reacting with all-consuming fury over a game won't help the situation.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #813521  Replies : 1635  Views : 62653
posté December 22, 2014, 15:59:42 | #15

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 22 December 2014 15:50) *

Quote (Aacher @ 22 December 2014 15:42) *

But I know you're happy to ignore any facts that don't support your argument at the time.

That's pretty much what you do all the time too. You've ignored the obvious evidence regarding Srams in favor of some never seen miracles a few minutes ago, for instance...

As for your tumblr posts about Harebourg, as of late half of them are either trying to prove any bullshit development is actually the Most Amazing Thing Ever and Fits Together With It All So Well (even though we KNOW that what we're getting isn't what was initially planned, and the lack of coherence makes it really obvious) and repeating the same basic facts over and over while ignoring certain other facts which have surfaced in the meanwhile.

also, Amalia's skin tone is about as ambigous as Idris Elba's
Ignoring srams, how? Like I said on tumblr, I think it's up to the individual how much they change. Simple as that.

Most amazing thing ever? What is? And what fits together?
All I said was that I didn't think it was terrible that he was a demigod, because I don't think it alters the important parts of his character that much.
Again, didn't say it was the best, just not the worst.

Also, your opinion is not more valuable than mine, however much you may act that way.

As for Amalia, she isn't super pale, no, but I'm still not sure what culture she represents (maybe an Amazon tribe influence? Idk...), so I'm just leaving it open.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #813506  Replies : 1635  Views : 62653
posté December 22, 2014, 15:42:49 | #16

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 22 December 2014 15:34) *
Amalia isn't white as far as I know so he wouldn't be the first significant non-white character. He would, however, be the first non-white character who isn't shown as a member of a ~~tribal~~ culture of Mystical Noble Savage Forest People (the bad guy status was a more complicated issue before the ovas as far as I remember too, there were, uh, 3 possible ways to approach this in Dofus and only one of them was the black and white approach you took... Also, most people living in polar climate irl are more akin to native Americans than Europeans, so if you want a "realistic" Harebourg based on the fact that Frigost is a cold place, make him Inuit), unless we count the fact that some Rogues and some Foggers look a bit hispanic and there was a piece of official art showing a Feca in middle-eastern clothes.

I'd say that comparing non-white people to furries and blue dragon things isn't exactly the best wording, too (didn't know black people are as odd as humanoid cats...), but that's another matter.
1. Amalia was ambiguous enough that I left her for interpretation.

2. You know I don't think Harebourg is the bad guy- but in the OVA's he's positioned as one (even if I don't think he is). Literally, half of my wakfu posts on Tumblr are discussing his motives and grey morality.
But I know you're happy to ignore any facts that don't support your argument at the time.

3. As for realistic, I won't say it again: I think Frigost is loosely based off of Scandinavia/Iceland (not just because it's cold, but you keep ignoring everything I say, so what's the point in telling you again) and therefore don't mind that he's white. I never said it's the best choice, just not that it's totally unreasonable.

4. I'm not comparing non-white people to furries, I'm saying that Wakfu draws on many different cultures and has it's own cultures- it's not a mirror of this world, nor is it meant to be, it just draws from it. And different cultures are represented, but I think they could be represented better.
That's it.

If you need to ignore, change or demonise the main points of an argument to make yours float, you're on a sinking ship, Major.

This post has been edited by Aacher - December 22, 2014, 15:45:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #813498  Replies : 1635  Views : 62653
posté December 22, 2014, 15:14:31 | #17

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 22 December 2014 15:05) *
being french is not an excuse for excess whiteness. i've been to Paris and there was a refreshing amount of mixed couples and mixed race people. (you take note of this when you are yourself in a mixed race relationship)
I don't think that was the point being made- rather, that we must be aware of the culture of origin and that that origin is the lens the creators see through.

I definitely want more diversity in Wakfu, but Harebourg isn't probably the best place to start- for one, it makes sense that he be pale given where he lives... and two, in a setting with few non-white characters, there's some unfortunate implications about making the first prominent non-white character the designated bad guy.

However, we could also argue that Wakfu is filled with non-white characters- Pandawa's have a distinct Asian feel, Sadida are often not white, even the eca-flips seem to be inspired by different cultures, depending on the individual.
And Osa's are blue.  

This post has been edited by Aacher - December 22, 2014, 15:15:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #813480  Replies : 1635  Views : 62653
posté December 22, 2014, 12:45:58 | #18

Quote (Aacher @ 23 November 2014 08:17) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 22 November 2014 22:07) *
Forgot to post this yesterday, Ntamak - who, as it turns out, designed Harebourg's in-game incarnation (funny to know, he designed some of my faves among the Hour Demons as well) - on the issue of Harebourg's skin color; copy-paste from Izmar's tumblr:

"At this time, I made his fingers and skin blue more because I thought he had skin that was damaged by cold rather than that he was black.So personally, I’ve never thought of him as black, initially I wanted to give him worn (damaged), blue skin.

It’s true that after I designed the version with the hat that we no longer saw his skin.

But I never thought of him as black"

Basically the tcg card showing Harebourg's skin as pitch black is invalid, but at the same time the same goes for the ova.

I quite like that this is how it supposed to look like - one of the two cultures mostly responsible for the mummification methods which inspired Xelors, Incas, managed to (partially unwilingly) preserve dead bodies thanks to cold, and the mummies they left do have cracked skin - and iirc tend to show signs of frostbites. All makes sense this way.

At the same time, imo the hints about Xelors having dark - even pitch black - skin also make a lot of sense: many mummification methods resulted in the very dark coloration of mummified bodies; more natural dark skin pgimentation also would make sense, considering how the basic bandaged mummies all come from Africa. Also, all Xelor hairdos in Wakfu look like bandage dreadlocks. Basically out of all possibilites, ova went with the one that makes the least sense for some reason.

If his skin is blue from the cold, it means he is not mummified.

Skin (especially pale skin) turns "blue" when it's cold due to the blood vessels constricting to reduce blood flow to the surface of the skin (to avoid heat loss). So, reduced blood flow also means reduced colouration, leaving only the deoxygenated blood, which is blue, to show through the skin (it's only red when in the presence of oxygen, because the oxygen binds to isotopes of iron in the cell- basically, you get "rust" red).
For there to be blood flow, would require him to not be mummified.

So, I'd say this news actually supports my theory that he is pale skinned and not mummifed.

(Disclaimer: not endorsing OVA Harebourg. We don't talk about OVA Harebourg. But, being pale/not mummified seems to be canon for a long time, based on this information)
Major, basic biology proves you wrong. As we've already been over.

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 22 December 2014 05:47) *
I've always looked at the majority of characters ingame being white as merely reflecting the lives and culture of the creators of the game, most of which are French or at least European. It's not a direct 1:1 correlation to the real world. It's just what neat ideas pop into their head, and how they express those ideas in making a game. There's nothing wrong with it, I'd say the very European feel of the game is one of the major draws for me. It's always been fun for me to see popular culture satirized from a French perspective, and see how the homages to different things filter through the lens of the creators at Ankama.

This game, and this world, follow thousands of different partial frameworks of both history, science, mythology and popular culture. None of these frameworks are complete transfers, and they don't need to be. This game is a big, messy mix of different people's stuff.

^ Exactly this.

I never thought of them all as "white" be default, but was always aware of the culture that is producing Wakfu- it's a bunch of French dudes and ladys, making their own game/fantasy world. Whatever they create will be shown through their own cultural experience/lens/interests.

This post has been edited by Aacher - December 22, 2014, 13:20:05.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #813441  Replies : 1635  Views : 62653
posté December 22, 2014, 00:40:14 | #19
What you thought about xelors isn't what we all thought. I have my own opinions.

And that's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #813203  Replies : 1635  Views : 62653