Back to

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Aacher's profile
931 Posts (0.65 per day)
Most active in : Role Play
posté November 02, 2015, 16:26:00 | #1
Xelor- they're basically always in the spirit of Halloween (a sram would be good for that too).

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #923686  Replies : 6  Views : 346
posté October 16, 2015, 08:05:50 | #2
Well, there was a lot more to it than that.

What made politics different back in the day is that attacks and alliances were taken much more seriously and the game had very different mechanics.

Ogrests' Chaos was a regular thing: it would randomly sweep through the nation and destroy all the work stations in the zones it attacked. It cost a lot of resources to fix them (which people had to do if they wanted to craft anything) and that level of expense and coordination could only be handled by a strong government with guild support.

The government also had more presence in the nation: the governor's throne was in the centre of the nation, the government participated in all events, wars and alliances had real impact and existed on many levels (between nations, between guilds, between players, etc). And there were always players trying to stir major trouble too, haha.

In the early days, there were two islands that could be captured. What made these islands desirable is that once you caught them, the ownership didn't reset each day, so nations could hold them for very long periods of time. As these nations also had bonuses that were very valuable to players at the time, holding an island was a great source of power to a nation: even more so if you had both. This meant a strong nation could claim the islands and hold a lot of power... if another nation wanted the island, they'd have to declare war on the owner. This caused major diplomatic dramas: some players took war as a "free for all" and would sometimes go on massive raids against other nations. Islands could also be traded in exchange for peace or work from another nation- they were valuable political tools.

Guilds were much more closely aligned and powerful back then too. A strong government held the alligence of major guilds and could call on them to defend the nation against the attacks of other nations. Governors had to be excellent diplomats- they had to settle fueds between guilds and build favour with them to stop their army from collasping. Enemy governments would try and sow discontent among key guilds to weaken their opponent's power base.

So, aside from fighting off foreign powers, opposition came from within the nation: guilds aligned with other politicians would fight the guilds aligned with the government to distrupt them and try and force the governor out of power. Basically, civil war in Wakfu when there were two closely matched powers, haha.

Governments had a few more powers too: the governor and vice could banish an outlaw they killed from the nation for a set amount of time, for instance. Outlaws were much more rare back then: nation-wide coordinated hunts for particulary persistent ones were feasible in those days. Rewards were offered and such.

A good government could have a huge impact on the nation- and so could a bad one. Whoever the governor was and what alliances they had with guilds was game-changing back in the old days.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head: basically, everyone in the game was much more heavily involved in politics and guild loyalty. The game was more social and player cooperation across nations was required for certain tasks.

This is something that's slowly being removed from the game through changes to the system and loss of an active player base. Politics used to matter quite a bit and was also one of the most fun aspects of the game... now, it really doesn't make any difference to game-play unless you get a governor truly determined to ruin the nation (even then, they can't do much anymore).

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 16, 2015, 11:01:39.
Thread : Challenges & Politics  Preview message : #919112  Replies : 2  Views : 381
posté October 16, 2015, 07:34:27 | #3
Valkreizer, I love the idea about Riktus being able to conquer parts of the nation. I love the political/social aspects of this game, but sadly, they've been diminished to the point of being almost non-existent and I'd really like them to be revamped.

I wrote a big suggestion post ages ago for changes to the political system and I'd like to link your idea to it (with credit to you, of course). Here it is: Click here

Hopefully the devs will hear us.  

Thread : Challenges & Politics  Preview message : #919103  Replies : 5  Views : 1799
posté September 25, 2015, 20:21:45 | #4
Why is this government obsessed with Zoeduhu? The guy worked hard for a long time. Now you're in power... and you still won't shut up about him! You drag his name through the dirt for nothing- he had the decency to behave civilly towards you.

As for these laws: ridiculous. If people wanted your government, these laws would not be necessary.

Edit: Calamar is essentially useless since it was revamped, so it's shared among the nations so people can get the title for attacking it, since the bonuses from it are worthless.
Get the facts right before attacking Zo's government.

Though, one wonders why you attack him at all- focus on yourselves, not the old government.

This post has been edited by Aacher - September 25, 2015, 20:24:39.
Thread : Bonta  Preview message : #909797  Replies : 27  Views : 1693
posté September 20, 2015, 00:27:00 | #5

Quote (DallofDark @ 20 September 2015 00:19) *
The initial goal of Wakfu was to defeat Ogrest and help rebuilding the world that was destroyed by him. But as people said before things changed so much on this game that i have no idea what it is supposed to be now...
Yeah, I miss the days when Wakfu had a bit more story to it.

I think it either needs a story to engage with or ways to engage with the players to keep it interesting. Both would be great.
Politics revamp would really help, because right now, it doesn't matter who's in government (unless they're completely terrible, but even then they can't do much), which nation you belong to, which nations have alliances, what the laws are, whether you're a citizen or an outlaw, whether you're a guard or not, how many citizenship points you have, whether your nation holds the island or not... none of it really has an impact anymore. Since beta, the political/player engagement aspects have been steadily shrunk...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #908228  Replies : 70  Views : 3334
posté September 18, 2015, 16:29:57 | #6
Looks good- I like the backstory you picked.
Sounds like a fun character to work with.  

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #907919  Replies : 42  Views : 2699
posté September 16, 2015, 18:28:30 | #7
You can put it there or you can make your own thread. Either is fine.
The thread I linked is the "brainstorm" thread for a future rp. Feel free to join in.
And sure, you can send me a draft if you like.

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #907343  Replies : 5  Views : 415
posté September 16, 2015, 15:17:07 | #8
I don't think it does...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #907300  Replies : 11  Views : 726
posté September 15, 2015, 20:16:34 | #9
OOC: We have a map of the tunnels! Click here
The places marked with blue arrows cannot be passed. Red dots can, but are dangerous places.
Lazarus and Celci are currently at AE1, heading back to the entrance of this tunnel. Everyone else is at the tunnel attached to the box at the top middle.
See the OOC thread for the map information (make sure you read it!).

Objectively speaking, Brakmar was a shit-hole, Lazarus decided. He walked very slowly along the tunnel, torch in one hand, the other lightly holding Celci's arm (he didn't quite trust her not to race ahead). He was being so cautious because not only did he think something awful could be in the tunnel, he expected it: a thinking learned in Brakmar, the sort of charming place where people would lay traps just for the sheer twisted amusement of it.
A shit-hole.

Maurice's lone eye was wide, peering into the small circle of light the flame of the torch provided. Gradually, a strong, fetid smell worked its way under Laz's mask.
"Urgh... ammonia..." he muttered. Something was dead and decomposing up ahead...
"I think we're getting closer to whatever the blue arrows are pointing us to..." he muttered to Celci.

They crept cautiously forward until Lazarus halted them. The floor ahead seemed cleaner than the scummy, dirtied stone they'd been walking on. He held his torch out as near to it as he could reach without getting closer. The smell of dead things was strongest here.
"Maurice, that look right to you?" Lazarus asked casually.
"No, don't get any closer, xelor. And especially not you, miss Iop", the shushu growled.
Lazarus nodded thoughtfully. "Let me have my magic- just some" he asked. Then added, a little grudgingly: "Please".
"...what for?" Maurice asked, suspicious. "You going to look for spells?"
"Yeah, I'll try", Lazarus replied.
"Fine. But nothing funny!" Maurice growled. Slowly, the spells in Lazarus's armour glowed into life as Maurice loosened his grip on Laz's magic.
Relishing the feeling, Lazarus let go of Celci and flexed his hand. Then he reached down and touched the stone floor, sending a pulse of his magic outwards.

Three steps ahead of them, a glyph flared to life, glowing brightly and the floor ahead of them split in two, swinging inwards. A cloud of foul air rushed up from the spiked pit beneath it. Pressing his cloak over his face, Lazarus crept forward to peer into the pit. In its depths was the source of the stench: an unlucky dog, who'd wandered into the tunnels and triggered the glyph, was rotting on one of the spikes, maggots wiggling under the remains of the carcass.

Lazarus grimaced at the grisly sight and stepped hurriedly back. "Don't look", he told Celci. It wasn't something most people wanted to see.
"I guess that glyph triggers when something with wakfu walks over it.." Lazarus mused to Maurice.
"Of course it does- didn't you read it?" Maurice asked, as if Lazarus was being lazy.
Lazarus just shrugged. Truth be told, he'd only learned a few glyphs at the xelor temple, too much of his time taken up with daily survival to study.
"Come on, let's head back- this place stinks like Rushu's armpit", Lazarus muttered.

They'd been successful, at least: he'd wanted to find out why you shouldn't follow the blue arrows and he had. These tunnels held deadly traps, it seemed.

This post has been edited by Aacher - September 26, 2015, 01:44:15.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #907072  Replies : 122  Views : 13441
posté September 15, 2015, 19:12:06 | #10
Well, we're discussing staring a RP here: Click here

So if you have any ideas/want to post a character bio/make suggestions, that's probably a good place to go.
Or you can make your own thread. It's pretty much impossible to do anything "wrong", since we're all pretty chill.

If there's a RP that you're reading and you want to comment/ask questions about it, most RP's have an OOC thread that you can write in. Or you can message the specific person, if you prefer.

But if you'd like to start one, go for it!
If you're not sure of the format, read the first post of one of the newer RP's (eg, Balaclava, which I'm running), to give you some ideas about what kind of information you might need to include. For character information, I had my team put that in Balaclava's OOC thread, so there's that for you to look at too, if you like.

EDIT: Suripi, I tried to answer your email, but Ankama's system ate it, since you weren't on my friends list. I'll try again later.

This post has been edited by Aacher - September 15, 2015, 19:26:19.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #907063  Replies : 5  Views : 415
posté September 15, 2015, 18:33:52 | #11
Oh hai, all.

Sorry it took 5eva, but here is the map for the Bonta Tunnel system.

We are travelling from Arms Way to the outskirts of Kara (everyone needs to get as far away from Arms Way as possible). The map is broken into three sectors: Arms Way (A), the river between Arms Way and Kara (, and Kara itself (C). Everyone will be underground- the river section is deep, has no exits to the surface (obviously), and is the most dangerous segment, due to leaks and tunnel collapses.

To show where you are, write the sector first, then the side, then the ID number of the tunnel, then extra info.
Eg. AW4, middle heading SE.
That means you're in sector A (Arms Way), on the West side, in the middle of tunnel 4, heading South East.

As for scale, it's rough.
1cm=200m from North to South.
1cm=50m from East to West.

It's like this because if I drew any smaller, it wouldn't be clear.
Whole thing is 8400m N-S, which as the crow flies, will take about an hour to walk.

This post has been edited by Aacher - September 15, 2015, 18:46:45.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #907053  Replies : 11  Views : 2077
posté September 13, 2015, 20:56:27 | #12

Your questions are fine, don't worry.
As for rules, they depend entirely on the individual rp- whoever is running the rp will generally provide a list of rules. Each rp is different.
When in doubt, just ask.  

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #906607  Replies : 5  Views : 415
posté September 12, 2015, 21:52:11 | #13

Quote (Xtreeeem @ 11 September 2015 18:00) *

Quote (cavaleirofhsa @ 11 September 2015 02:13) *
Incarnam was all about finding the little hidden islands with free emotes. I still remember the location of all of them... Even though the map no longer exists.
Also how to get some of the emotes in Incarnam you needed another person with you.
This was cute.
There used to be a lot more cooperative tasks in Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #906438  Replies : 42  Views : 3112
posté September 12, 2015, 21:13:16 | #14

The Mehs (a Bontarian guild- which the governor should know) ran an event... and Astorious ruined it.
Excellent work! Just what the citizens want! A governor who punishes his political enemies by ruining fun for everyone else.

And even if they were Brakmarian, you think it's fair to hold one guild responsible for every act of ecoterrorism? What about everyone else who attended, are they guilty too?

I imagine this attack was retaliation for Yunru speaking against this government on the forums- a selfish and petty act of revenge against the Mehs.

Greeeaaat work.

This post has been edited by Aacher - September 12, 2015, 21:26:56.
Thread : Bonta  Preview message : #906427  Replies : 44  Views : 2036
posté September 12, 2015, 05:31:01 | #15
Hello, what nation is your guild aligned with?  

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #906325  Replies : 72  Views : 6095
posté September 10, 2015, 15:00:08 | #16
*walks around, banging pots and pans*
Wake up, wake up!

Anyone have any ideas/characters they'd like to share?

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #905835  Replies : 42  Views : 2699
posté September 09, 2015, 18:53:35 | #17
Ankama, please resurrect some of this!
It all made the game so special.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #905670  Replies : 42  Views : 3112
posté September 07, 2015, 12:37:26 | #18
Things I miss:

+Secrets and special quests! For instance, the Moowolf quest. That was really interesting to do. The Fires of Love was also a fun thing to collect.

+World details: little things around the place that didn't have any "use", they just told you more about the story and history of Wakfu. Very fun to look for.

+Monsters that attack you automatically. There used to be more of these and I remember the suspense of trying to creep past them as a lowbie... and the feeling of victory when you succeeded, haha.

+Special events! Example, the Foggernaut invasion and the Count Harebourg attack. Those were fantastic.

+Ogrest's Chaos. This would have been better if it wasn't always bugged, haha. However, it was a good mechanic of the game to fix the craft stations, though they broke too often for the cost of repairing them.

+The big PvP tournaments in the mines.

+More than one island being capturable. Having just one and it being up for grabs each day has made it politically worthless now.

+The governor's throne and the HQ being located in the main part of the nation.

+The government having a bigger role in game play. The wars and raids that were planned against enemy nations. All the behind the scenes schemes and deals, haha.

+The general difference between the nations. In the early days of the game, choosing your nation had more of an impact on your game play. I wish the nations were more different: if people had different bonuses and more nation-specific crafts, it'd create a greater need for international trade and better management of politics.

+When the Clan members used to shout at you/praise you depending on the state of the ecosystem. Other flavour-adding/useful npc things that removed.

This post has been edited by Aacher - September 07, 2015, 15:23:12.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #905066  Replies : 42  Views : 3112
posté September 02, 2015, 13:21:44 | #19

Quote (Folkmutt @ 02 September 2015 10:42) *
Hi there!
Well, I’m a newcomer in Bonta and the game Wakfu at all. Just when I started lvl up my professions I found a lot of problems with finding and gathering resources without any punishment. Yes, I think this is not very good, because, as example, in Amakna I could find whatever I want. That makes me a little bit jealous. Moreover idk whats happen with Ticket. This place is just like a big pit where huge amount of resources can grown and where everybody from other nations (outlaws) can fill their bags. I like Zoeduhu and his team, moreover I like his arguments. It makes me respect this person, cause he spent free time to make Bonta better. It’s hard cause we’re all depends on our private life and have our own interests and problems. In my opinion the problem is in people. We need to do something if we want our nation better. I try to plant resources and if I take something — give it back. However there was one great idea. People need to know what is the person their Gov. That’s why my suggestion is to make a topic with any ideas which can everybody just write down and where active Gov can communicate with his nation. Also maybe it will be useful to make guide-map with some places where people can find some resources. It will be nice for newcomers and some HONEST people probably will plant trees/grass/flowers there from time to time, it means that everybody would find that they want on one location (for example swamp for reeds and shrooms) . Maybe to create something like a brochure with tips about Bonta. Moreover that was some ideas about events in Bonta, why not to organize one connecting with ecosystem and guards? (plant 1000 trees and win a car, idk ) The problem is people are speaking about trouble but no one just know nothing about how to turn the situation around and writing the posts like this one. It is not «the voice of Bonta», it is just a lazy kid.
Hope something will help
Hello, Folkmutt.
I'm Meier: vice governor under Zoeduhu and a former governor of Bonta. Thanks for your reply- I think you've got a good grasp of the situation.

As for your suggestion about a "what to plant" map and a forum for the governor to speak to the citizens, Zoeduhu and past governors (myself included) had topics like this on the forum, but not long ago Sabi changed the structure of the politics threads and all the old topics/posts have been hidden.
After that, there's been several huge bugs in the game and so there was a lot of disruption- many people just stopped playing until the bugs were fixed, so politics was put aside for awhile. As a result, the thread hasn't been updated with the information we used to have.

Akyl has taken advantage of the missing topics to try to make Zoeduhu look bad, as the missing topics mean new players can't see all the work Zo's government has done and all of Akyl's past trolling has also been hidden.
It's unfortunate that the posts are hidden, but I'm glad to see that most people haven't fallen for Akyl's trick.

Thank you again for your diplomatic view and suggestions.

This post has been edited by Aacher - September 02, 2015, 13:24:52.
Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #903830  Replies : 33  Views : 2042
posté August 31, 2015, 20:17:48 | #20

Quote (333305123456789 @ 31 August 2015 20:12) *
I MENT IT SHOULD BE CHANGED TO WIN-STATUE, NOT 50%-STATUE. Cause if you want your statue to stay you can just get 30-40 down votes and the other guy never gets the statue. .
Seems pointless.
Better that it be earned.

Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #903385  Replies : 20  Views : 1210