Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Aacher's profile
Statistics
913 Posts (0.68 per day)
Most active in : Role Play
posté Today - 13:21:44 | #1

Quote (Folkmutt @ 02 September 2015 10:42) *
Hi there!
Well, I’m a newcomer in Bonta and the game Wakfu at all. Just when I started lvl up my professions I found a lot of problems with finding and gathering resources without any punishment. Yes, I think this is not very good, because, as example, in Amakna I could find whatever I want. That makes me a little bit jealous. Moreover idk whats happen with Ticket. This place is just like a big pit where huge amount of resources can grown and where everybody from other nations (outlaws) can fill their bags. I like Zoeduhu and his team, moreover I like his arguments. It makes me respect this person, cause he spent free time to make Bonta better. It’s hard cause we’re all depends on our private life and have our own interests and problems. In my opinion the problem is in people. We need to do something if we want our nation better. I try to plant resources and if I take something — give it back. However there was one great idea. People need to know what is the person their Gov. That’s why my suggestion is to make a topic with any ideas which can everybody just write down and where active Gov can communicate with his nation. Also maybe it will be useful to make guide-map with some places where people can find some resources. It will be nice for newcomers and some HONEST people probably will plant trees/grass/flowers there from time to time, it means that everybody would find that they want on one location (for example swamp for reeds and shrooms) . Maybe to create something like a brochure with tips about Bonta. Moreover that was some ideas about events in Bonta, why not to organize one connecting with ecosystem and guards? (plant 1000 trees and win a car, idk ) The problem is people are speaking about trouble but no one just know nothing about how to turn the situation around and writing the posts like this one. It is not «the voice of Bonta», it is just a lazy kid.
Hope something will help
Hello, Folkmutt.
I'm Meier: vice governor under Zoeduhu and a former governor of Bonta. Thanks for your reply- I think you've got a good grasp of the situation.

As for your suggestion about a "what to plant" map and a forum for the governor to speak to the citizens, Zoeduhu and past governors (myself included) had topics like this on the forum, but not long ago Sabi changed the structure of the politics threads and all the old topics/posts have been hidden.
After that, there's been several huge bugs in the game and so there was a lot of disruption- many people just stopped playing until the bugs were fixed, so politics was put aside for awhile. As a result, the thread hasn't been updated with the information we used to have.

Akyl has taken advantage of the missing topics to try to make Zoeduhu look bad, as the missing topics mean new players can't see all the work Zo's government has done and all of Akyl's past trolling has also been hidden.
It's unfortunate that the posts are hidden, but I'm glad to see that most people haven't fallen for Akyl's trick.

Thank you again for your diplomatic view and suggestions.

This post has been edited by Aacher - September 02, 2015, 13:24:52.
Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #903830  Replies : 32  Views : 561
posté August 31, 2015, 20:17:48 | #2

Quote (333305123456789 @ 31 August 2015 20:12) *
I MENT IT SHOULD BE CHANGED TO WIN-STATUE, NOT 50%-STATUE. Cause if you want your statue to stay you can just get 30-40 down votes and the other guy never gets the statue. .
Seems pointless.
Better that it be earned.

Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #903385  Replies : 20  Views : 212
posté August 31, 2015, 19:51:15 | #3

Quote (333305123456789 @ 31 August 2015 18:53) *
Zoeduhu is very arrogant can not deny that. But this bragha guy... we 100% know that he alt-voted himself. Oh, and that stupid statue thing should be removed. You win you get a statue lol thats best
Why do you think Zoeduhu is arrogant?

Anyway, as for the statue, you don't get it for winning, only a governor with enough approval ratings gets a statue... proof that the people who voted for Zoeduhu actually wanted him to be governor and thought he did well.

Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #903373  Replies : 20  Views : 212
posté August 31, 2015, 12:29:03 | #4

Quote (ProTactician @ 31 August 2015 10:10) *
Ya let the other Government Manage give them a chance and hope for good result.

This thread caught my attention this thread is entertaining & interesting at the same time i believe he want to express himself and help the nation at the same time.
Sometimes you need to bring it in public so the government and other people can participate in the discussion he also use aggressive tone to shake things up and maybe inspire the government to make their work better.

Akyl is mostly right on how the government should lead the nation.

Zoeduhu running for governor isn't stopping anyone else from running. Anyone can run for governor- it is unfair to tell Zo not to run. People vote for who they want.

Also, Akyl is a known troll, who has a grudge against Zoeduhu and the guild Musketeers. Zoeduhu and his government always work hard for the nation, but as soon as they log off and sleep, people wreck the ecosystem again. That's not their fault, that's just how the game works. All citizens need to work to care for the ecosystem.

Finally, anyone can run an event- it's not the government's job and Zoeduhu's government is always happy to help people who are running an event.

Telling Zoeduhu not to run for governor doesn't solve any problem.

Quote (kilerama22 @ 31 August 2015 12:17) *
i don't see any problems in bonta o.o except the ecologist being a bit lazy but than again even if he does take care of eco system some idiot is gona come and cut and destroy it all down
Thank you- the government hasn't received any complaints: it is only Akyl who tries to trick new players into believing this nonsense.
All of the government works, but they can't be logged on 24 hours a day. When they log off, ecoterrorists and people like Akyl break the ecosystem. It's the job of all citizens to help with the ecosystem, not just the government.

Quote (Fleisch @ 31 August 2015 12:22) *
Well if Akyl is so great why doesn't he lead the nation. His charming personality and born leadership would surely be a huge asset to everyone. Not to mention his revolutionary ideas and down to earth mentality.

Akyl for president 10/10.
This.

Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #903269  Replies : 32  Views : 561
posté August 31, 2015, 03:16:03 | #5

Quote (Yunru @ 31 August 2015 01:41) *
It would probaly be good idea to take a vacation from goverment. Let the others lead and let the citizens go hostile on new governers instead.

Bonus doesnt realy matter that much this days.
So it would seem.

However, it seems enormously unfair for Akyl to demand that Zoeduhu not run at all. Everyone has the right to run in the elections, people will vote for who they want... unless it's a situation like what happened with the alt voters in Brakmar.

This entire thread has been nothing more than a personal attack on Zoeduhu, I think.

Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #903187  Replies : 32  Views : 561
posté August 30, 2015, 14:09:07 | #6
I wish they'd change the voting system so that this stops happening.
Any government that needs to alt-vote itself in never has the best interests of the players in mind.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #902997  Replies : 3  Views : 314
posté August 30, 2015, 13:56:17 | #7

Quote (akyl13 @ 30 August 2015 12:47) *
IMO

Its silly they always mention about the past. How this guy help the nation in the past how great they are in the past.PAST! PAST! PAST! Keep it to yourself,it doesn't mean that you made a small job in the past it means that you dont need to work hard in the current mandate.New players dont give a shit in what you did if you're tired & you dont have the time serving the people don't put yourself in the position.Government should became better from time to time ..not bitter.

You put yourself in the candidate list it means you give them a choice and you want to win.

In the past year they manage the Nation of Bonta, its funny how low the number of their supporters.Those months & year that pass us by what are you doing? people dont know what is happening. i guess you dont want to try new things and stick to the current government system from day 1 until now. Aid ecosystem & start event 3 times a year.

The problem here is they don't approach the people , they want the people to approach them.
Approaching people is better than waiting.
if you think ecosystem is for everyone to aid why not ask people to help you or start a thread in the forum 'citizen we need help in ecosystem, citizen help us please?'
People in the Governments are leader not a waiter.
They believe that what they are doing is enough , we are stuck in a cycle of low standard.

I really think this Government is worn out & they lost their spirit.

The bonuses are fine when Zo and the team are online.

However, I don't know what you want from him. To never run again? Every citizen of Bonta has the right to run in the elections.
You say you don't like Zo- fine. Don't vote for him.
Other than that, what was the point of this thread, except to be an attack on someone who has always worked very hard?

If you don't like Zo, don't vote for him- but you can't demand that he never run for governor, Akyl.

Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #902995  Replies : 32  Views : 561
posté August 30, 2015, 11:52:21 | #8

Quote (Bibliomaniac @ 30 August 2015 00:41) *
If bothers you that much why still doing it? This is a videogame not work, stop complaning for something no one asked you to do!
You misunderstand. Zoeduhu isn't complaining about doing the job of governor, he is upset because he and his government work very hard, only to have a forum troll accuse him of doing nothing, when his government has done more for Bonta than any other government.

It's upsetting for anyone to work very hard and deliver exactly what was promised, often even more, only to have it thrown back in your face.

Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #902967  Replies : 32  Views : 561
posté August 29, 2015, 05:48:11 | #9
Additionally, the government doesn't have any "special powers" beyond being able to buy challenges and have a chance at chaging the weather. Sure, we can change laws, but to people who aren't worried about losing CP, they have no effect.
We're really just a group of people who get together to help with the ecosystem and help others whenever we can. We do have lives beyond the game though- I work two jobs to pay for university, which I also need to study for (I'm in my final semester : 3) and the others are all equally busy in their own way. Despite this, we still make time to help build a game we've been part of for a long time and help out.

If someone else wants to be governor, we wish you good luck! Just please do a good job- don't do it just to get the hat. We don't mind who's in power, so long as they and their government work for the nation.

As for all this hostility from that particular person, don't drag us and Zoeduhu through the mud- we've all worked hard and Zo's been working longer than all of us. He really has done a lot and that's why he's been governor for so long.
If you want change, that's cool, but let's keep it civil, guys.

Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #902680  Replies : 4  Views : 170
posté August 29, 2015, 05:18:47 | #10
What ToneLundd said.

Over the years, Ankama has shrunk the role and powers of the government. All the government can do now is set taxes (which we keep on minimum), buy special challenges (which we buy for weekends especially, though few people seem to do them), and adjust the weather (which we do whenever it needs alteration, though the system works that there's only a chance that the weather will change).

On top of these powers, we have taken it upon ourselves to protect the ecosystem (which is a job for all citizens, we just have it as our priority), we hunt ecoterrorists, we negotiate with other govenments, we arrange for the island to be captured (the ecosystem is unfixable on the island, though. The mechanics are broken, making it less valuable to us now), and we settle major disputes between guilds and players when they request our intervention.

We do run events from time to time (I organised one myself when I was governor), but like Tone said: anyone can run an event and the government doesn't have any more power to advertise an event than an ordinary citizen. The best we can do is put it in our speech and hope someone bothers to check it. Our connections to guild leaders are useful, but we don't have those because we are in government- we made them by getting to know people. As such, we are happy to help others advertise their event, but we don't have any "special" powers, beyond being good communicators.

Finally, Zoeduhu and others of his circle have held power for so long because people keep voting for them. He and his government do what they promise to do and do it well. It might not seem much to you, Akyl, but we can't have anymore power than what Ankama has given us, so we just do what we can and try to help as much as we can.

If someone else wants to run, we never stop them, but it's rare that a serious and competent candidate does run. And even if one does and wins, they might still fail, since it's not just about the governor: they need to assemble a dedicated and experienced government too or they won't get anything done. The game's population is shrinking and much of the old crowd has left, so it's harder for new people to assemble a good government.

We have a policy of giving new people the chance to learn how government works by giving them places, so that they can help Bonta properly too, but it's so rare that we get contacted by anyone who isn't just in it for a hat.

So, to conclude: the government has less power than you think- what power we do have comes from the kind of people we are, not the game's systems; and Zoeduhu and other long-term governors (other nations have long term leaders too) remain in power because people keep voting for them (meaning people are happy with their work).

Finally, anyone who runs an event has the support of the government (provided it is well organised and not designed to be offensive to others) and you don't need to be in government to run one.
It is also everyone's job to keep the ecosystem in good order, the government just pays special attention to it.

This post has been edited by Aacher - August 29, 2015, 05:22:32.
Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #902675  Replies : 32  Views : 561
posté August 28, 2015, 17:59:16 | #11
Zoeduhu has been governor so long because people keep voting for him. They keep voting for him because his government does a good job and it's rare that Bonta gets a candidate that can do an equally good job, since the governor needs a good government too- a lot of the newbies don't have the experience/connections to put together a functioning team.

Thread : International Relations  Preview message : #902466  Replies : 20  Views : 212
posté August 16, 2015, 14:45:54 | #12

Quote (TenshinekoOwO3 @ 15 August 2015 20:47) *
I was wondering can citzen ranks above contryman to be governor and What are the benefits of the ranks above counryman?
At present, CP has no benefits or even purpose over 1000 points (what is needed to be governor) for most players. Which makes the laws pretty much useless, since the average person doesn't care if they lose CP.

I've made a few suggestions about this in my politics revamp thread:
Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #898873  Replies : 27  Views : 2126
posté August 16, 2015, 08:48:13 | #13

Quote (Fleisch @ 16 August 2015 07:24) *
Maybe another discouraging problem for people might be, that they do not know i which direction the roleplay will go and their own character might have a completely different goal and mindset than anyone else, which might feel like out of place and not fitting in the story.
Well, if everyone submits a character (or two, if you can't decide), we'll build the plot around the characters, to make sure we don't have that problem.  

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #898825  Replies : 34  Views : 1144
posté August 15, 2015, 20:08:00 | #14
Please vote for Zoeduhu so that the person who destroyed Brakmar can't do the same in Bonta. If we all pool our votes, we might have enough!

Thread : Bonta  Preview message : #898641  Replies : 10  Views : 745
posté August 14, 2015, 20:00:24 | #15
I endorse this.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #898394  Replies : 2  Views : 97
posté August 13, 2015, 18:29:04 | #16
Advice for those who are new to this: the most important thing about your character you need to know is their motivation.
So, what is their passion, goal or driving personality trait?
Knowing this means you'll never get stuck when you're writing with them, because you'll always know what drives them.  

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #898166  Replies : 34  Views : 1144
posté August 13, 2015, 17:37:46 | #17
Thank you for the compensation.  

Thread : News  Preview message : #898138  Replies : 106  Views : 3467
posté August 13, 2015, 13:20:42 | #18
Anyone got a character? ;3

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #898066  Replies : 34  Views : 1144
posté August 12, 2015, 20:34:44 | #19

Quote (GenGeorges @ 12 August 2015 14:28) *
You can always buy the special packs through steam!
Unfortunately, the Steam shop is broken for about half the players too, aha. Classic Ankama.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #897708  Replies : 9  Views : 580
posté August 09, 2015, 08:41:06 | #20

Quote (Fleisch @ 08 August 2015 22:49) *
Wh- why would you do that D:.

I thought Bonta and it's citizen are believers of good and justice.

Quote (Aquallia @ 08 August 2015 22:54) *
I might need some help, but I'd really like to join in the fun please.
You're welcome to join.  

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #896376  Replies : 34  Views : 1144