Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Aacher's profile
Statistics
659 Posts (0.64 per day)
Most active in : Role Play
posté Yesterday - 22:31:26 | #1
For the fun of it, my friend and I tried to figure out where the mass goes when an Osa changes from dragon to human form and we came up with the possible solution of hyper dense bones (the mass is shifted from the larger dragon form to the bones when human sized), haha.

I don't think there's an answer to this question really, but that's the theory we run with. Wakfu has a lot of potential questions about mass- haven bags, gobgobs... where does it all go indeed.
I guess the simple answer is magic, though it's fun to think about possible reasons.

And Brain, I like your answer. xD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #790094  Replies : 1220  Views : 38504
posté Yesterday - 12:57:35 | #2
Oh, I need the "Enjeering" book too! Been hunting for sooo long. *sobs*

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789935  Replies : 24  Views : 406
posté Yesterday - 01:19:46 | #3
With regards to showing Harebourg's face and there being no bandages, I agree that it's breaking the established lore a bit, but since that's been a common theme lately, I'm enjoying the silver lining of the fact that Harebourg at least has an alright design under the bandages (though I suppose I would have preferred that his face remain a mystery. It hasn't, so I'm just making the most of the situation).

Also, I like that the mechanical eye has actually been surgically added- I always assumed that it was just sitting like a monocle or something.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 24, 2014, 01:27:03.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789815  Replies : 1220  Views : 38504
posté October 23, 2014, 23:41:21 | #4

Quote (RyF @ 23 October 2014 17:46) *
The OVA's transcript summary is flawed ;-)

You'll get the real story when you'll see them.
Ooooooh! Well, I have left out details, because I didn't have time to write out the full thing, but that's good to hear. xD
I hope especially that it's about Yugo's refusal to use the dofus to help Frigost, because leaving that unaddressed in the version I read makes Yugo look... pretty bad.

(though the French speaker who did the transcript said no "proper" reason was given... ;_; )

Cheers, RyF!

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 23 October 2014 23:25) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 23 October 2014 23:04) *
Spoilers, spooooilers.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
I want to know who did this. Who thought it's a good idea. Just... auuuugh.
Aw that pic looks cool actually! Cute cyborg guy is cute!
Oh cool! I actually quite like this- can't stand the "ice carrot" thing they stuck on his head, but I'm ok with this.
It's different to how I pictured him, but that's fine.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 23, 2014, 23:45:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789798  Replies : 1220  Views : 38504
posté October 23, 2014, 14:32:47 | #5

Quote (Dehniman @ 21 October 2014 20:50) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 21 October 2014 20:02) *

Oh, and sinistros aren't made of real crobaks. They're purely mechanical. Little machine servants, not little cyborg servants.

Overall... Less Doctor Who, more actual background, ok? c: I won't be as harsh as I would be otherwise, since it's your first post here. Don't worry, though, everyone has to begin somewhere, I can try to point you at canon info if you need help.

The game actually states Sinistros as Crobak/Clock hybrid. If they're purely mechanical, they'd be Clocks shaped after Crobaks. That's why I figured it was some kind of bio-clockwork monstrosity. I quite liked the darker nature of the Xelor as I theorised them, but whatever.

And sweet lord, if that was "not as harsh as I would be otherwise", I'd hate to see you on a bad day.

Yeah, sorry about Major- he gets a little "over enthusiastic" sometimes.
Welcome to the lore thread, btw.

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 22 October 2014 09:40) *
I'd be significantly more enthusiastic if 1. both this and the fact he has Orgonax's corpse didn't feel like trying to squeeze as many random characters into the ovas as possible 2. the design and chaeacterization of ova Harebourg weren't an atrocity. Kinda makes it hard to focus on anything else. :/ (at the same time, nobody feel obliged to remember that cawwot dofus and Captain Amakna's shield should be there, because continuity is for weaklings I guess. Noboy feel obliged to remember that Sylargh exists, either)

As for collecting in general - yeha, I've brought it up on tumblr a month ago or so, right after we got the screenshots of Xelorium's museum, iirc. I don't see a single reason to assume otherwise, really, considering that out of, uh... a grand total of 4 Xelors with plot relevance (Harebourg, Many. Nox, Freezz) two have a collecting obsession, one isn't a "full" Xelor and other's arc is centered about doing less Xelor stuff than usual in favor of smithmagic. So for me canon until proven otherwise. : P

Oh, speaking of ova Harebourg who-still-feels-like-a-totally-different-character - fresh spoiler from the French forums:

Harebourg's Power Rangers-worthy ova scheme is apparently (luckily) not to marry Amalia, but to use her to lure Yugo into Frigost because only Eliatrope can use Eliatrope dofus for anything and according to Harebourg's research this would allow to get rid of the curse. Ova Harebourg's "ingenious" method of persuasion is apparently threatening them both with burning down the Sadida forests as an alternative. Oh geez, it was so simple all the time, wow, burning forests somewhere else breaks demon curses. Wow. Amazing. Good job, ova writers, totally not farfetched. Yugo doesn't want to do that, Harebourg goes down within, like, 3 minutes and - wow, a novelty! - gets frozen to not show up again in the ovas. So basically there was no reason to use him in the first place, they could've used some random villain of the week instead. But apparently no part of the franchise can exist if Yugo can't defeat it, preferably with tons of MANPAIN and ignoring other characters from the show's core cast (let alone other parts of the franchise) going on.Also Harebourg has ICE BLADES for some reason even though he was never shown with any hand weapons. And is tall, as I already whined about like a 15 times in this thread alone.
tl;dr the entire first episode is a writing atrocity

Ah, that's not entirely true: I've read the full transcript of the first OVA, so enjoy your spoilers, kids:
(this is the plot outline of the first OVA, based on the script I read)

The OVA's start with Otomai coming to tell the "heroes" that Ogrest has started crying again and Sadida forest is nearly totally under water. Team Yugo goes to Sadida, where Amaila reveals that Count Harebourg wishes to ally Sadida and Frigost- which means a political marriage (also, Amalia is about 20 years old in this, give or take- everyone is physically older, except Yugo, because of his "eliatrope/alien-ness"). Harebourg has told them he will share the power of his Dofus with them to save Sadida, so Amalia agrees to the marriage. So, important note: Harebourg is *being honest* when he says he's willing to help Sadida- but he *also* wants to help Frigost (fair enough- Harebourg comes across as being pretty dedicated to Frigost). The bit about the Dofus is right: Harebourg *can't* use the Eliatrope dofus, only an Eliatrope or Dragon can. So, that's why Yugo needs to be involved. Except the little shit flat out *refuses* to help Frigost! Btw, there are a lot of people living on Frigost now, who seem to like Harebourg and want the curse to be broken, so this isn't *just* Harebourg Yugo is refusing to help (some hero, huh?). Yugo was apparently considering using the dofus to help Sadida- but Frigost can get screwed apparently. There's no real reason given for his refusal to help. Harebourg has a back up plan though: try and guilt trip Yugo into helping. Basically, it's this: if Yugo won't help use the dofus to free them from the curse, Harebourg will use the trees of Sadida to warm Frigost instead (not *break* the curse, just live more comfortably in it). This isn't much better in terms of logic, since the island apparently has a load of Tauridium, which makes a great fuel source, but I wonder if Harebourg was doing the tree thing more to force the heroes into doing what he wanted. *le shrug* Or just lazy writing? ;P Anyway, Yugo tells all of Frigost to suck it, and then wrecks the wedding, smashes shit up and leaves. To be fair, the situation does escalate a lot, but it was also so easy to avoid. What's nuts is that *no one* tells Yugo "hey man, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to help Frigost?" or "Let's talk about this." Nope: everyone just does what the kid wants. As a side note, Amalia is the one who is most logical through all this, going by what I read in the script. Harebourg will show up in the later episodes, I think- he just disappears at the end of this one, but his role isn't done.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 23, 2014, 16:45:19.
Reason for edit : added a *tiny* bit ;)
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789674  Replies : 1220  Views : 38504
posté October 22, 2014, 06:22:27 | #6
Welcome back, Kmatts!
I'm going to be mostly away for about the next two weeks or so (I'll drop in when I can), as it's the final weeks of uni here before exam block.
Sorry guys- keep up the raids and leveling the guild. ;D

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #789307  Replies : 79  Views : 3762
posté October 18, 2014, 11:33:11 | #7
This is a really nice idea, so sign me up.

Forum Name:Aacher
Main Server:Remington
In-Game Name(s):Meier, Aacher
Classes Played:Xelor (level 152)
Gathering Professions: Only miner is over 80. Everything else is over 50.
Craft Professions: Nothing decently leveled, except baker.

I've been in government for a fair while, so I'm confident to help with politics/citizenship points/ecosystem related questions in particular.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788380  Replies : 41  Views : 1956
posté October 18, 2014, 11:10:27 | #8

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 12 October 2014 21:16) *
I said what I think elsewhere already, but whatever.

This simply sounds... cheap. It's the least complex way of explaining everything. It's - dare I say - the second most stupid reveal this year, second only to Harebourg's face shown in the ovas (who decided that it's a good idea to show a Xelor without bandages when the entire selling point of this class is that they're covered in BANDAGES is beyond me, but hey, ova writers SURELY know what they're doing, rite? That's why he doesn't even use the same coat of arms anymore and is tall, definitely because ova writers are great at their job).

Also, it makes Harebourg's gimmick redunant. Why does he even bother with hiring people when he's immortal and in theory could learn how to do it all by himself? How much would learning all there is to alchemy or smithmagic take, a decade? Two? Not much when you're immortal, probably. Yeeeah. Current background makes it sound like Harebourg's pretty frail on his own, apart from being a master of time magic, and his main skill is inspiring and/or manipulating others to achieve his own goals. His superiority complex would be justified by the fact that he LEARNED how to stand above others, not because "lel I'm a demigod so I'm better" which is what we're getting right now. Not to mention that it's beyond stupid that a crushing majority of demigods is both evil and for some reason wants to overthrow their parents. All I want to see now is an ova in which Gein wonder why only his dad cares about him.

In addition to that, what's the point of putting an emphasis on the fact that entire Frigost is a time anomaly? Wasn't the entire point of this explaining why Harebourg 1. managed to live for centuries 2. rarely leaves the island?

Acher, you've pointed at how it makes it obvious why Jiva gave Harebourg the Ice Dofus... But did you take the fact that what both Jiva and Djaul care about the most is getting rid of the other one and it'd still make perfect sense without this "amazing" reveal?

To sum up: this ~~reveal~~ didn't add a single thing, it just messed up some details that were better before. I don't get why any of you are getting excited.
(This is with regards to Harebourg being a demi-god and why I think it's a positive announcement, for those of you who came in late)

I've been so busy lately, so sorry this is rather late, but I must disagree and hopefully this will help to exlain why:

Click here 

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 18, 2014, 17:42:35.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788369  Replies : 1220  Views : 38504
posté October 15, 2014, 17:29:03 | #9
Sorry to distract, just the new OVA trailer is out, for those interested.
Click here

Nothing really new there, just confirms the whole flood plot line and shows Remington shooting at Joris...

Also, this picture is a pretty big spoiler, though it's not very noticeable at first glance...
Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787683  Replies : 1220  Views : 38504
posté October 14, 2014, 17:52:17 | #10

Quote (RoboTrigger @ 14 October 2014 17:49) *
Just tried to add a non-subbed player... Yes booster is required to join the government in anyway.
We know this one What happens to a character in government when the sub runs out though?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787379  Replies : 17  Views : 513
posté October 14, 2014, 17:28:43 | #11

Quote (RoboTrigger @ 14 October 2014 15:46) *
You need a booster to be appointed into government however if the booster runs out you will not be kicked from the placement.
This is how it was for a long time but I'm only 95% sure I'm right so will test it later today.
I'll ask around too. Would be good to know.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 14, 2014, 17:29:41.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787376  Replies : 17  Views : 513
posté October 14, 2014, 15:36:26 | #12

Quote (Hudski @ 14 October 2014 05:30) *

Quote (rafa-bonitao @ 14 October 2014 04:31) *

Quote (Delaz @ 14 October 2014 04:13) *

Quote (rafa-bonitao @ 14 October 2014 04:09) *
You need to pay to vote or become a candidate
It's ridiculous.

No really, one, its a very small cost, two it's a necessary kama sink, and three you can mint kamas.
*sigh*
It's not about kamas. It's about being forced to pay real world money to be able to vote in a democracy.

Don't you get credited with booster pack for being governor or being in a government position? Or was that only on apac?
Not that I'm aware of... neither I, nor any government members I know, have gotten a booster, anyway.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 14, 2014, 15:40:09.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787338  Replies : 17  Views : 513
posté October 13, 2014, 15:18:28 | #13

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 13 October 2014 09:20) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 13 October 2014 04:16) *
Are the Srams in Srambad dead Srams from the World of Twelve who went to an afterlife in Srambad? (The Enutrofs as well, and all the other classes, etc.)

Or did they fail to Incarnate on the World, and instead Incarnated in the Divine Dimensions?

Did they travel there somehow, without the influence/before the rise of the Dimensional Voyagers in Dofus?

How did these places, the Divine Dimensions, come to be populated by seemingly normal human followers of their God?

Were they totally cut off during the centuries of the Chaos? Or did they keep trickling in and out, according to some sort of method available to them due to their specific god/goddess?

Do they ever have kids concieved/born there, or is it so "spiritual" that such things don't take place?

When the Enutrof Ambassador died, was he reincarnated in Enurado? Did he go to Externam?

I always saw them a bit like the valkyries like divine servants or something. I mean, the god realms in real word mythologies are also teeming with 'people' serving and/or pleasing the main gods. Could be wrong, but I can't imagine gods creating their own realm and not fill it with servants and company. If they wanted to just float along on their own in space, they wouldn't have stuck with the World of Twelve in the first place, right?
I've been wondering about all this too...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787058  Replies : 1220  Views : 38504
posté October 13, 2014, 15:11:51 | #14
"So Lazarus, you say you're a scientist, were you doing anything before you went into what got you arrested?" Viper asked curiously.

Now this was a prickly topic for Lazarus. He was trying hard to put his years in the slums behind him- they had been valuable to him in some ways, but mostly Lazarus was just deeply aware of the time he'd lost from being forced to just survive- the years of education he'd missed. He didn't like the idea of being behind anyone (prided himself on being clever), so it wasn't something he shared readily. He'd preferred they believe he had more of a career in science than what he'd had.

"Research", he answered stiffly. It wasn't a total lie- he'd spent the last few years being trained by Rook and some of the scientists working with him. He'd helped them with their woork, too. The research he'd been arrested for had been his first real solo project.
"Research?", Maurice crowed, amused. "More like getting his ass kicked in the slums!"
"Oh, because you were there with me, hmm?", Lazarus retorted, acid in his voice.
"I know a gutter ratou when I see one! And you, Lazarus, are as slummy as they come", Maurice told him cruelly.

The shushu had heard the officers at the prison talk to Neill about Lazarus's background, before the collar had been put on Lazarus. It hadn't taken Maurice long to figure out Lazarus had tired hard to rise above the slums and didn't like to be seen as a product of them. Now it was just a matter of pressing the right buttons...

Lazarus snarled... but amazingly, held his temper. He grit his teeth and clenched a fist before sighing and changing the subject. Maurice let out a disappointed "awwww..."
"So you're a bounty hunter? How's business?", he asked Viper, the fading anger at Maurice still present in his voice.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 13, 2014, 15:15:44.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #787055  Replies : 48  Views : 2347