Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Aacher's profile
Statistics
653 Posts (0.63 per day)
Most active in : Role Play
posté October 18, 2014, 11:33:11 | #1
This is a really nice idea, so sign me up.

Forum Name:Aacher
Main Server:Remington
In-Game Name(s):Meier, Aacher
Classes Played:Xelor (level 152)
Gathering Professions: Only miner is over 80. Everything else is over 50.
Craft Professions: Nothing decently leveled, except baker.

I've been in government for a fair while, so I'm confident to help with politics/citizenship points/ecosystem related questions in particular.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788380  Replies : 41  Views : 1808
posté October 18, 2014, 11:10:27 | #2

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 12 October 2014 21:16) *
I said what I think elsewhere already, but whatever.

This simply sounds... cheap. It's the least complex way of explaining everything. It's - dare I say - the second most stupid reveal this year, second only to Harebourg's face shown in the ovas (who decided that it's a good idea to show a Xelor without bandages when the entire selling point of this class is that they're covered in BANDAGES is beyond me, but hey, ova writers SURELY know what they're doing, rite? That's why he doesn't even use the same coat of arms anymore and is tall, definitely because ova writers are great at their job).

Also, it makes Harebourg's gimmick redunant. Why does he even bother with hiring people when he's immortal and in theory could learn how to do it all by himself? How much would learning all there is to alchemy or smithmagic take, a decade? Two? Not much when you're immortal, probably. Yeeeah. Current background makes it sound like Harebourg's pretty frail on his own, apart from being a master of time magic, and his main skill is inspiring and/or manipulating others to achieve his own goals. His superiority complex would be justified by the fact that he LEARNED how to stand above others, not because "lel I'm a demigod so I'm better" which is what we're getting right now. Not to mention that it's beyond stupid that a crushing majority of demigods is both evil and for some reason wants to overthrow their parents. All I want to see now is an ova in which Gein wonder why only his dad cares about him.

In addition to that, what's the point of putting an emphasis on the fact that entire Frigost is a time anomaly? Wasn't the entire point of this explaining why Harebourg 1. managed to live for centuries 2. rarely leaves the island?

Acher, you've pointed at how it makes it obvious why Jiva gave Harebourg the Ice Dofus... But did you take the fact that what both Jiva and Djaul care about the most is getting rid of the other one and it'd still make perfect sense without this "amazing" reveal?

To sum up: this ~~reveal~~ didn't add a single thing, it just messed up some details that were better before. I don't get why any of you are getting excited.
(This is with regards to Harebourg being a demi-god and why I think it's a positive announcement, for those of you who came in late)

I've been so busy lately, so sorry this is rather late, but I must disagree and hopefully this will help to exlain why:

Click here 

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 18, 2014, 17:42:35.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788369  Replies : 1145  Views : 37399
posté October 15, 2014, 17:29:03 | #3
Sorry to distract, just the new OVA trailer is out, for those interested.
Click here

Nothing really new there, just confirms the whole flood plot line and shows Remington shooting at Joris...

Also, this picture is a pretty big spoiler, though it's not very noticeable at first glance...
Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787683  Replies : 1145  Views : 37399
posté October 14, 2014, 17:52:17 | #4

Quote (RoboTrigger @ 14 October 2014 17:49) *
Just tried to add a non-subbed player... Yes booster is required to join the government in anyway.
We know this one What happens to a character in government when the sub runs out though?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787379  Replies : 17  Views : 490
posté October 14, 2014, 17:28:43 | #5

Quote (RoboTrigger @ 14 October 2014 15:46) *
You need a booster to be appointed into government however if the booster runs out you will not be kicked from the placement.
This is how it was for a long time but I'm only 95% sure I'm right so will test it later today.
I'll ask around too. Would be good to know.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 14, 2014, 17:29:41.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787376  Replies : 17  Views : 490
posté October 14, 2014, 15:36:26 | #6

Quote (Hudski @ 14 October 2014 05:30) *

Quote (rafa-bonitao @ 14 October 2014 04:31) *

Quote (Delaz @ 14 October 2014 04:13) *

Quote (rafa-bonitao @ 14 October 2014 04:09) *
You need to pay to vote or become a candidate
It's ridiculous.

No really, one, its a very small cost, two it's a necessary kama sink, and three you can mint kamas.
*sigh*
It's not about kamas. It's about being forced to pay real world money to be able to vote in a democracy.

Don't you get credited with booster pack for being governor or being in a government position? Or was that only on apac?
Not that I'm aware of... neither I, nor any government members I know, have gotten a booster, anyway.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 14, 2014, 15:40:09.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787338  Replies : 17  Views : 490
posté October 13, 2014, 15:18:28 | #7

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 13 October 2014 09:20) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 13 October 2014 04:16) *
Are the Srams in Srambad dead Srams from the World of Twelve who went to an afterlife in Srambad? (The Enutrofs as well, and all the other classes, etc.)

Or did they fail to Incarnate on the World, and instead Incarnated in the Divine Dimensions?

Did they travel there somehow, without the influence/before the rise of the Dimensional Voyagers in Dofus?

How did these places, the Divine Dimensions, come to be populated by seemingly normal human followers of their God?

Were they totally cut off during the centuries of the Chaos? Or did they keep trickling in and out, according to some sort of method available to them due to their specific god/goddess?

Do they ever have kids concieved/born there, or is it so "spiritual" that such things don't take place?

When the Enutrof Ambassador died, was he reincarnated in Enurado? Did he go to Externam?

I always saw them a bit like the valkyries like divine servants or something. I mean, the god realms in real word mythologies are also teeming with 'people' serving and/or pleasing the main gods. Could be wrong, but I can't imagine gods creating their own realm and not fill it with servants and company. If they wanted to just float along on their own in space, they wouldn't have stuck with the World of Twelve in the first place, right?
I've been wondering about all this too...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787058  Replies : 1145  Views : 37399
posté October 13, 2014, 15:11:51 | #8
"So Lazarus, you say you're a scientist, were you doing anything before you went into what got you arrested?" Viper asked curiously.

Now this was a prickly topic for Lazarus. He was trying hard to put his years in the slums behind him- they had been valuable to him in some ways, but mostly Lazarus was just deeply aware of the time he'd lost from being forced to just survive- the years of education he'd missed. He didn't like the idea of being behind anyone (prided himself on being clever), so it wasn't something he shared readily. He'd preferred they believe he had more of a career in science than what he'd had.

"Research", he answered stiffly. It wasn't a total lie- he'd spent the last few years being trained by Rook and some of the scientists working with him. He'd helped them with their woork, too. The research he'd been arrested for had been his first real solo project.
"Research?", Maurice crowed, amused. "More like getting his ass kicked in the slums!"
"Oh, because you were there with me, hmm?", Lazarus retorted, acid in his voice.
"I know a gutter ratou when I see one! And you, Lazarus, are as slummy as they come", Maurice told him cruelly.

The shushu had heard the officers at the prison talk to Neill about Lazarus's background, before the collar had been put on Lazarus. It hadn't taken Maurice long to figure out Lazarus had tired hard to rise above the slums and didn't like to be seen as a product of them. Now it was just a matter of pressing the right buttons...

Lazarus snarled... but amazingly, held his temper. He grit his teeth and clenched a fist before sighing and changing the subject. Maurice let out a disappointed "awwww..."
"So you're a bounty hunter? How's business?", he asked Viper, the fading anger at Maurice still present in his voice.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 13, 2014, 15:15:44.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #787055  Replies : 48  Views : 2269
posté October 13, 2014, 11:23:59 | #9

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 12 October 2014 21:31) *
Click here

This will answer more of your questions a bit easier without needing to read a wall of text
That's a good video, but just for the record, each topic in the guide is rarely longer than a paragraph. Just go to the topic you need (they're listed in order).  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787020  Replies : 17  Views : 490
posté October 12, 2014, 19:42:26 | #10
This might answer a few questions: Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786840  Replies : 17  Views : 490
posté October 12, 2014, 16:14:06 | #11
Right, I have made my post concerning the 'Brotherhood of the Forgotten'/Harebourg, for those interested:
Click here

I am exhausted, so hopefully I haven't forgotten too much info, haha.
My post includes links to the relevant manga pages (with my translations) and shows how this new information releates to that secret manuscript from Harebourg (also linked in that post).

Too tired for theories, really, but this is just a post to tie a few things together...

I personally like this revelation of divinity, as I think it makes the information about Harebourg more cohesive and openes new story avenues.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 12, 2014, 16:17:58.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786796  Replies : 1145  Views : 37399
posté October 10, 2014, 08:18:04 | #12
We'll keep trying to add you (and try and PM us too!).
Don't worry- we'll get you in.  

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #786260  Replies : 78  Views : 3596
posté October 10, 2014, 08:11:20 | #13
Hi Daardain,

The RP is currently full, but thanks for your application.
I'm sure you'll be able to join another one.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 10, 2014, 08:12:41.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #786259  Replies : 8  Views : 623
posté October 09, 2014, 09:25:07 | #14
“I say, I say, Xelor. You know, maybe apologizin’ to dat t’ere Drago might make her a bit less hostile ta ya? Or mebbe offerin' her a 'wheat o' peace', as they say? You’d be surprised what a few honest words could do…” Bauwmann replied, apparently amused.
Lazarus sneered at him. "What's an honest word?", he asked snidely.

Then Maurice piped up and chuckled at Viper's answer.
"Hear that, Carthac? He likes to scare people. He's a real boogeyman, heheheh!"
Lazarus ignored the shushu.
With a 'harumph' sound at Laz's lack of reaction, Maurice went back to talking to Viper.
"Well, you seemed crazy before, anyway..." Maurice goaded.
"Ignore the parasite- it's just happy it's got new victims to torment." Lazarus spoke over Maurice. He was still hoping to maybe make use of Viper.
"Awww! Don't you want to play any more, Carthac? Hur hur hur!" Maurice cackled to himself. Lazarus said nothing, just gripped the pommel of his saddle a little harder.

Lazarus listened idly to Bauwmann talk about the hoodlums and Brakmar, but what caught his ear was the osamados woman's comments:
“When isn’t there shady deals in Brakmar?”, she said with particular venom in her tone. “About time someone gave the nobles a little trouble… don’t worry though, Viper and myself have no interest in going to Brakmar.” She said stiffly.

Well! This was an affront that could not go unchallenged! "Hey! That's our home town she'd bad mouthing, Carthac!" Maurice said with false outrage, mostly amused. Lazarus grunted. Brakmar was a shady town.
"Forget it, parasite- it's a tough town. Some people just can't hack Brakmar." Lazarus replied to the shushu, but made sure Darci heard. Maurice laughed.
He noticed her open a pocket watch- it wasn't a plain one, either. Now that was definitely made by a xelor, Lazarus could tell. Maurice saw too.
"Wonder where you get a trinket like that, huh, Laz?" Maurice muttered to him.
""Don't call me Laz." Lazarus muttered back, but he was thinking the same thing too. He flicked his eyes over Darci, before focusing back on the road.

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 09, 2014, 09:30:54.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #785980  Replies : 48  Views : 2269
posté October 09, 2014, 06:12:20 | #15
Try posting this in the RP forum...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785963  Replies : 3  Views : 308
posté October 09, 2014, 03:44:12 | #16

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 06 October 2014 00:48) *
Speaking of lore dump, I've finally received my wakfu magazines today and although I haven't translated all the articles about Frigost and Harebourg, I did manage to pick up some interesting and less interesting facts here and there.

If you want a hand with the translations, just let me know.  

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 08 October 2014 21:55) *

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 08 October 2014 17:45) *
This is the most relevant picture regarding that secret Brotherhood:

Spoiler: (highlight to show)

Can we say that Harebourg and Otomai are sons of Gods/Dragons?
Kerub says that the croquette allows the Ecaflip God's offspring to open a portal towards Ecaflip DIvine Dimension. Could the Dimensional Voyagers' portals have something secret related to that?
Could the Voyagers be working with/for this Brotherhood?
How the heck can a dragon be father of a human ._.? The dimensional's illness?

That is big news! So unlike Ush and Goultard there are a band of divine children (so real gods and not demigods?) who are actually plotting like villains?It would explain Harebourg's manuscript and the 'Mothers and Fathers' bit is then quite literal. Maybe a bit of a disappointment too.About the children of the dragons: weren't there dofus that have hatched, like Bolgrot? Maybe these dragons can take on human form too, like the Eliatrope ones?

Yaaaassss! I am actually interested in all this.It makes sense they be not mortal- these people all have unusual powers and life spans, suggesting they are not human.And if they are indeed the children of gods/dragons/whatever, they may feel ignored/rejected, being left on the World of 12. For instance, I read that when Frigost was frozen, Harebourg begged Xelor to intervene on behalf of the islanders... but was ignored. This can blossom to bitterness, and so these unloved children/creations of the gods have banded together to take back what they think they're owed! And as Grim noted, the "reaching our fathers and mothers" line is literal. So, not necessarily "villainous" in intent.... but their actions may be.I will do a large post about this on my tumblr, where I can bring together all the information I have more easily (I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY )

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785944  Replies : 1145  Views : 37399
posté October 06, 2014, 14:49:31 | #17
Hmmm, I don't know of any, but try asking in the Roleplay thread too... I think a guy in there was thinking of starting one.  

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #784907  Replies : 5  Views : 245
posté October 05, 2014, 09:57:13 | #18
So, I've had some success in adding some of you today, but still trying to add the rest.

Please keep trying to PM any of these people to get added:

Aacher
Meier
Kmatts-Bow
Nils Lund
Nighte

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 06, 2014, 09:18:47.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #784532  Replies : 78  Views : 3596
posté October 04, 2014, 14:19:23 | #19
Lazarus's brooding was broken by Bauwmann.
“Whatcha thinkin ‘bout, Xelor?”
Lazarus jerked his head up, caught by surprise. He clenched his fist slowly, before releasing his grip.
Lazarus turned his gaze on Neill, full of discontent. "Are we there yet?", he asked flatly, deliberately avoiding giving an answer.

"Scheming no doubt... and enough of that cheek!" Maurice piped up, knowing Lazarus had asked the question only to be difficult.
Lazarus let out a disgusted sigh at the shushu's voice. "How I missed your needless commentary, Maurice."
He shifted in his saddle, uncomfortable and growing increasingly annoyed by the chains around his wrists. He shook them out a little harder than was necessary, some of the mounting frustration in him showing through.

Lazarus wasn't used to riding a drago- in fact, he'd only ridden one twice before this and over a very short distance. What slum kid got to ride a drago turkey? It didn't make it any easier that the drago he was riding apparently hated him, too. Every step was taking him closer to Arms Way and with this knowledge, Lazarus's mood grew darker.

However, his thoughts were travelling back to a place he wanted to avoid and so Lazarus took to idly watching the other travellers, though he made no comment. Maurice though, was a different story.
"Hey! Hey you, sacrier! What's with the hoodlum get up?" The shushu called to Viper in his low, rasping voice. Lazarus just glowered, gripping the pommel of his saddle, but he couldn't be bothered to stop Maurice.

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #784271  Replies : 48  Views : 2269
posté October 02, 2014, 07:44:28 | #20
I'm already in a guild, but I live in Australia, just incase you're looking for other people in our time zone to run dungeons/chill with.

Names: PM Meier or Aacher

This post has been edited by Aacher - October 02, 2014, 07:44:50.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #783401  Replies : 5  Views : 250