Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Aacher's profile
Statistics
582 Posts (0.59 per day)
Most active in : Role Play
posté Yesterday - 19:18:56 | #1
Regarding the classes thing, from what I've read and heard from interviews, just about everyone has a class, but how devoted you are will affect how much you typify your class/how much power you have.
A non-devout follower of xelor, such as Nox, may simply have an affinty for invention and such. A very devoted follower hides their face with a mask and might not even be "human" under their bandages anymore.

Tl;dr: characteristics are determined by faith, or so it was implied.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767490  Replies : 808  Views : 26711
posté August 22, 2014, 20:10:11 | #2
RP: Balaclava New RP with six open places.
This post will be updated as those places are filled. To apply, put your name down in the OOC thread here: Click here
Applicants must have good spelling and grammar, and read posts properly- we don't want skim readers. It's annoying. ;p

Contributers
+Aacher
+Echo1608
+CaseySquirrel

Story background
People are going missing.
In fact, they have been for a while now and Bonta's police are under increasing pressure to do something about it.
Finally, a breakthrough in the case came when some of the abductees escaped their captors, returning with horrific stories of a shadowy organisation of almost cult status that conducted experiments on unwilling victims...

As arrests of minor members of this grim organisation were carried out, the police realised this went far deeper than they first thought. The organisation seemed impenetrable- the people arrested knew nothing of its inner workings and it seemed the case had reached a dead end again.

That was until the shock arrest of one of the sinister scientists conducting these human trials... the capture of this scientist, the xelor Lazarus Carthac, had given the police a new opportunity.
Dr Carthac was given a choice: aid the police in bringing down the organisation (his cooperation earning him a reduced sentence)... or rot in the worst jail they could find to put him in.
For Lazarus, it was an easy choice and so he has been put in the hands of the detective leading the investigation, Lazarus's job being to help lead the task force to the heads of his organisation. Be the "inside man".

Can he be trusted though? Probably not.
And there may yet be more to this organisation than even Lazarus knows...

Goal/plot development

The goal of the story is to attempt to uncover what the organisation is planning and stop them. Personal back stories of other charcaters may be incorporated into the main plot in some cases. The plot is made to be quite open, so we can build it as the story progresses.
I'll be responsible for controlling the direction of the story, but everyone is welcome to make suggestions and have their say.

How to apply
Post your application to our OOC thread (Click here) with character information and an example of one of your posts. Acceptance will be notified via Ankabox.

Rules/things to remember
+Use proper spelling/grammar when posting.
+Don't speak for other characters/make them perform an action (unless it can be reasonably inferred) without permission of the writer of that character.
+No god-modding!
+Don't skim read. Seems obvious, I know (why join if you don't want to read?) but we've had problems with that in the past (a person missed a series of important details because they weren't reading the posts properly and it nearly broke the story xD ).
+Don't forget that if someone's character hates your character, it doesn't mean they hate you. In-story drama is fun, but don't take it to heart.

Hope everyone has fun and feel free to put any questions in the OOC thread.

This post has been edited by Aacher - August 26, 2014, 09:09:36.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #765434  Replies : 0  Views : 82
posté August 22, 2014, 20:09:36 | #3
RP: Balaclava OOC thread OOC Thread for Balaclava

This thread is for members and non-members of the RP: submit your applications here, talk about the story, ask questions, or just chill.
All are welcome on this thread.

Info for applicants:

Applications need to include the name of the character, their personality, and any information about their appearance/background you wish to include.
Try to keep it fairly brief- it's fun to discover things about the character through the story.

Also, give us an example of your first post or some example of your writing.

One main character per person is allowed in the rp, except with prior permission.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by Aacher - August 24, 2014, 17:10:22.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #765433  Replies : 3  Views : 125
posté August 18, 2014, 16:31:47 | #4
Bah, OVA Harebourg seems to be totally removed from his in-game and manga (franga? ;p ) incarnations. All he shares is the name: appearance, personality, skill set, associates, and ability are all significantly altered.

;_;

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764122  Replies : 808  Views : 26711
posté August 10, 2014, 17:36:21 | #5
With regards to the marriage thing, I'm assuming it's a purely political marriage, which is common enough amongst the aristocracy.

The reason for which relates to a criminally stupid plot on Harebourg's part which is so out of character and seems to have been chosen to show how Super Evil he is now or whatever. Forget any past complexity or ambiguity...
Bah.

I'm just annoyed that they seem to have totally changed his character and like Nox16, Major and others have mentioned, have seemingly ignored the game/comics/show material.

This post has been edited by Aacher - August 10, 2014, 23:57:00.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761637  Replies : 808  Views : 26711
posté August 10, 2014, 13:42:17 | #6
Oh lord. So this is seriously what they're doing with the OVA's? The summary is true?

...and *that* is supposed to be Harebourg, not a fake or something, but actually Harebourg?

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
So, according to the OVA spoilers, the "Harebourg" character is suddenly way taller, doesn't hide his face (like every xelor ever), no-longer uses any of the tech he's famous for, is suddenly an idiot (his "plan"? Iop standard, not something you'd expect from a guy who's supposed to be a genius), and is also a push-over now (Harebourg as we know can put up a real fight... not OVA Harebourg). So basically it's a different character with his name. Why? :/

If it's all true, it means most of the game, comics, and show are being ignored.
Like, why?

:/

--------

Moving along... RyF, thank you once again for your time and help with our questions. It's greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by Aacher - August 10, 2014, 13:46:27.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #761562  Replies : 808  Views : 26711
posté July 19, 2014, 18:28:47 | #7
Since the beta, aye. Can't remember exactly when, though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755288  Replies : 36  Views : 758
posté July 13, 2014, 16:57:05 | #8

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 11 July 2014 03:45) *

Quote (RyF @ 09 July 2014 11:57) *
Yay boys and girls !
A quick reply about Zinit (I'm preparing a big post for later about all your past weeks' discussions):

We're planning a rework of Zinit. What I can tell you is that it will keep the first two chapter's theme and then develop further on, with a full revamp, first chapter starting at lvl 20-30, story driven with specific rules and gameplay, independant of player level (yes, doing the first chapter at lvl 100 or 200 will still offer some challenge, you will also be able to group with level 20 players if they fill out the requirements without imbalancing to much the gameplay).
It will be the "main" quest for players from level 20 to 200, and will be a parallel story to the islands/nations storylines.
We have already designed the first chapter rework, but will not bring it into production until the nations have their own overhaul, as the storyline becomes parallel after zones 10-30 of the nations and adventures storylines.

And yes, you'll see more of Ullu, but maybe not in the Divine Dimensions ;-) A great mystery will be unveiled...

Enjoy !!

RyF
So will their be multiple Schnek Sets for different levels?

-Rizarealm
Let's try and keep the questions on this thread lore-related.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753673  Replies : 808  Views : 26711
posté July 08, 2014, 09:14:58 | #9

Quote (LightningChaser @ 06 July 2014 04:09) *
I would love to do a roleplay, honestly. And I think that idea is GREAT.
I happen to be a new player and would like to get a rp going. I just need a few things answered, is all.

When you say "Run the RP" would you mean to be the overseer or to be the main aspect?
And another thing? What kind of rps do people do on here? I mean, there are SO many types, Id like to know the ranges.

When I say "run" the rp, I mean direct the story. A lot of people I've spoken to about rp ideas have great ideas... but aren't confident enough to be the one directing the story. So if someone has a cool idea to rp, but would prefer not to run the story themselves, I wouldn't mind directing the story.

As for type of rp, I'm personally up for anything- just make the rules clear before you start and the people that are keen will come.

I'm doing an rp with some friends at the moment, we may post it to the forums. Also in the process of arranging a new one with another friend, which may be open to join, eventually.

Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #752097  Replies : 17  Views : 913
posté June 28, 2014, 17:44:27 | #10
I have lost my pet Macawker. I logged on at 1:35am (GMT+10) on 29/6 and found it missing.
Submitting a ticket now too.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #750099  Replies : 480  Views : 12832
posté June 25, 2014, 11:07:11 | #11
Why would you want any govenor to just sit at the almanax? :/

If you need to talk to them, message the govenor or one of the other government members. No-one's just going to sit around and wait for you to walk by and see them.

Also, don't forget about the timezones.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #749191  Replies : 16  Views : 641
posté June 25, 2014, 11:00:44 | #12
This is ridculous.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #749188  Replies : 20  Views : 673
posté June 25, 2014, 06:35:09 | #13
Things may be chaotic to begin with, when the change is released, but everything stabilises over time.

Wakfu is dying as it is currently, so this new system may create opportunities within the game that make it more attractive to players.
People will need to adapt: everything comes with good and bad, but there are many f2p games that are successful. Much will depend on Ankama's managament of the change.

Edit: Though the 'pay to get loot' thing irks me.

This post has been edited by Aacher - June 25, 2014, 06:36:34.
Thread : News  Preview message : #749107  Replies : 303  Views : 13855
posté June 24, 2014, 20:13:36 | #14
Ah, poor Zoeduhu.
You didn't even bother to spell his name properly...

For the record, Zo is regularly available in game. Though as others have said, it is not the duty of the govenor to level people, but rather to manage the nation. Helping out is just something extra most govenors like to do.

If you have concerns you wish to address with any govenor and they are not online, message another member of the government and they will help you or pass the message along.

One last thing: the efforts of all the government members may not be readily apparent to those who haven't seen behind the scenes, but Zo and the other members work extremely hard on maintaining the ecosystem, for example. The ecosystem is the responsibility of all, but it is mostly the government and a few dedicated individuals who maintain it.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #748945  Replies : 16  Views : 641
posté June 10, 2014, 00:10:50 | #15
I may be wrong, but in the original plan for the game, it was to follow the events of the tv series, at least, loosely (or so I heard).

Hence, baby Yugo, and things like Nox's minions/Noxine drops (both in Thicket of Yurbut) being present in the game.

This concept was scrapped, but elements remain.

That's the story I heard...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #743141  Replies : 808  Views : 26711
posté June 08, 2014, 18:00:45 | #16
Signature is active. :3

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #742727  Replies : 10  Views : 714
posté June 05, 2014, 17:04:26 | #17
Bug fixes- I want the major bugs fixed before we worry about new content.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741533  Replies : 48  Views : 890
posté June 05, 2014, 17:02:26 | #18
As an aside, anyone interested in becoming an outlaw after the outlaw revamp (whenever that may be, haha), is encouraged to sign up for the Rogue's Gallery, Remington's outlaw guild.
Here's our forum page:
Click here

Btw, any outlaw stuck in jail, you can escape (without getting this kind of bug) by crafting a file with 3 rat hairs and 5 clink and filing through the grate.
Unless the grate is bugged again, in which case, weep- you're stuck there until you do your time.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #741531  Replies : 12  Views : 519
posté June 05, 2014, 06:43:15 | #19

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 05 June 2014 02:43) *
Are there televisions in the World of Twelve? Do they have broasting? There seems to be a series of news-report interviews on the Dofus website, in regards to a crime spree emanating from Srambad.

I was wondering, if televisions/radios exist in the Dofus era, why don't we see them in use now? Or at least more often?

Any info or examples of current Wakfu or previous Dofus-era uses would be awesome!
In the Dofus cartoon series "Treasures of Kerub", there was a television- in fact, they have info-mercials and soap operas. xD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #741305  Replies : 808  Views : 26711
posté June 03, 2014, 16:07:12 | #20
Huzza! Thanks RyF!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #740449  Replies : 808  Views : 26711