Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Aacher's profile
Statistics
756 Posts (0.62 per day)
Most active in : Role Play
posté April 17, 2015, 22:09:51 | #1
It seems to be luck of the draw- some people get answered within two weels, others wait up to 6 months.

They have improved, but are still really below standard in terms of support, as Fakae said.

I think Ankama's greatest weakness is properly communicating with its community, though.
Many issues could be avoided or even made into a positive if they approached communication better.

This post has been edited by Aacher - April 17, 2015, 22:10:23.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852774  Replies : 9  Views : 251
posté April 17, 2015, 21:08:54 | #2

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 17 April 2015 21:04) *
Major can you fill me in on the steel beak backstory crap?

I only saw you guys reacting to it in here and not really posting what it is
Oh, been wanting to discuss this, as it's pretty half-assed, I reckon.

Short version: according to Ankama, the Black Crow is a title passed from master to apprentice.
Kabrok broke that cycle when he killed the real Black Crow.
Now the apprentice has come back and is pissed. He says he'll call himself Steel Beak until he reclaims his rightful title.

More like they wanted an easy recolour on a UB, but oh well, haha.

This post has been edited by Aacher - April 17, 2015, 21:11:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #852748  Replies : 2142  Views : 86739
posté April 16, 2015, 20:55:57 | #3
This feature already exists.
There are two politics chats for each nation: one is private to government members of that nation, the other is an area chat.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #852207  Replies : 2  Views : 93
posté April 16, 2015, 16:09:25 | #4

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #852089  Replies : 19  Views : 963
posté April 16, 2015, 15:20:11 | #5

Quote (Fruitybat @ 16 April 2015 14:47) *

Quote (Yunru @ 16 April 2015 14:26) *
Nice minigame animation, but i dont think my *friends* would spend money so fast.
(to bad the items are not full costumes, but only parts that you need to *transmog* on the gear...and that can be expensive).

(looks like i can finaly get fishing to 100 now )
On a small side note this is not how the name of that guy is spelled, it's spelled "Ali Baba" it's quite misleading name right now
Ankama needs to fix that
It's misspelled on purpose, yo'.

This post has been edited by Aacher - April 16, 2015, 16:02:15.
Thread : News  Preview message : #852074  Replies : 33  Views : 1172
posté April 14, 2015, 14:34:55 | #6
Every run we've done and praised Helix on, frags have dropped.
Praise Helix!!

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #850733  Replies : 15  Views : 450
posté April 14, 2015, 12:39:36 | #7
Akyl, shame on you using gay as a slur.
Don't bring your homophobia into this too.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #850641  Replies : 19  Views : 963
posté April 10, 2015, 13:09:22 | #8
Hello!
This forum is for rp's done on the forums, stories written on the forums, arranging meetings for rp's in-game... anything, pretty much.
If you want to start something, post and hopefully the right people will see it.

This post has been edited by Aacher - April 10, 2015, 13:10:00.
Thread : Role Play  Preview message : #849118  Replies : 4  Views : 226
posté April 03, 2015, 12:51:00 | #9
Nox's story:

Before finding the Eliacube, he was a gifted clock maker/inventor and loving father... but very poor. There was a lot of financial strain on the family.
However, they were all very happy together.

That's until Nox find the Eliacube. Something about the cube made both him and the family dog (Igol) obsessed with it (they were the only two to touch it, so that could be why).
Anyway, they stop doing anything except study the cube. They hardly eat or sleep...

Nox's family grows increasingly worried and, after being unsuccessful in getting through to him, his wife Galanthe take their children and goes to stay with her sister, telling Nox to come find them when he's himself again.

Time passes and the landlord (to whom Nox was usually in debt to) arrives at Nox's home. Nox appears, thin and haggard, but not with the cube for once. Nox throws a bag of coins at the landlord's feet, saying his debt is paid (this was done using the knowledge he gleaned from the Eliacube). The landlord tell him there no need- his wife already paid his debts... the landlord is here on other business.

The landlord then tells Nox he's come to tell him that Galanthe and the children are dead- Ogrest's chaos flooded the island that Galanthe's sister lived on and they were all killed.
Nox is totally broken by this and swears to reverse time, to do what "not even Xelor can do" and undo his mistakes.
He renounces the name his family new him by ("Millien") and declares himself Nox.

So that's his story.

He was never "evil", though he did evil things, but rather driven mad by the Eliacube, desperation, regret and grief. Grougaloragran, with his ability to see the good/evil in a person, even points out that Nox still has goodness in him.

Nox believed that when he reversed time, everything bad he did would be undone and thus no-one would have been hurt.. and if he failed, he was beyond caring.
Indeed, the only thing keeping Nox "alive" at the end of his 200 years was the power of the Eliacube and sheer determination, which is why he turns to dust after he leaves it (using the last of his strength to reach the memorial to his family).

Thread : The Animated Series  Preview message : #846675  Replies : 9  Views : 379
posté March 31, 2015, 17:46:25 | #10

Quote (Nerd-Tease @ 31 March 2015 16:37) *
Same issue here, wish I noticed this thread on forums before trying to buy stuff.
Same  

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #845323  Replies : 6  Views : 170
posté March 31, 2015, 16:28:57 | #11
Same problem here.
I bought quite a lot of deco from the shop, have the orders confirmed and my ogrines are gone... but my items haven't shown up.
I tried relogging, etc, but no items.

EDIT: bought my things through the website, not in-game shop, so that's not working either.

This post has been edited by Aacher - March 31, 2015, 16:30:31.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #845300  Replies : 6  Views : 170
posté March 31, 2015, 14:38:46 | #12
I was so excited- I thought there'd be more story, aha ;_;

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #845251  Replies : 5  Views : 403
posté March 30, 2015, 17:33:26 | #13
I'm glad to read the protection laws are being removed, because they only hurt citizens that obey the rules anyway and do nothing to stop ecoterrorists/people from other nations from killing the mobs or cutting the trees...

Here's Thicket right now with the protection laws:

Broken.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #844850  Replies : 19  Views : 963
posté March 27, 2015, 11:15:27 | #14
Awesome sauce- thanks for the decent compensation.

Thread : News  Preview message : #843901  Replies : 20  Views : 748
posté March 20, 2015, 16:24:06 | #15

Quote (have-a-day @ 17 March 2015 15:53) *
Additionaly, new system does not have any punishment for outlaws, actually. If someone undercutting trees, for example, and laughting about your requests to stop that, you may kill him. And after that, he'll come back as loyal citizen or neutral foreigner and will keep undercutting. After he is an outlaw again, you may kill him, again. And so forth.
Problem is: by: by killing someone that ruining your Nation's eco, you actually helping him. No way to postpone his actions even for those 15 minuts he would have spend in prison when prisons were working.
^
This also.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #841635  Replies : 6  Views : 361
posté March 20, 2015, 05:52:29 | #16

Quote (Sabi @ 20 March 2015 04:45) *

Quote (Aacher @ 19 March 2015 17:35) *

Quote (FeldePard @ 19 March 2015 07:59) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 19 March 2015 07:58) *
Everything is suppose to be shipped by the end of march. Secondly u will say beside the whole blue ray thing I think the ones Kickstart backers get will be of better quality sound wise. They said they fixed the issues with the English dub sound hopefully.

Besides all of that idk why people are upset things take time and the whole they said they'd never sell DVD thing obviously changed like why be upset that people can buy it. You are getting the better version soon. Also the whole but I wouldn't of backed the Kickstarter if I knew this would happen. We did get them translated also we get both seasons and the ovas not to mention all the cool swag. We should look at something like this and be happy. Anywho hope that answered the question of when the stuff will be sent.

o.O I never said I was upset, I just said it was disappointing that the DVDs were in stores before the Kickstarter Backers even got theirs. The Kickstarter is the reason the DVDs exist to begin with, for the dubs and whatnot. I just think it's poor taste to put out DVDs before sending the people that basically funded the entire thing their goodies? Could have waited a little bit longer, imo... but that's just my personal preference?

Can't speak for anyone else on this thread though?
I agree. I do think it was bad form of them to sell the DVDs before sending out the paid-for pledge rewards: especially since they didn't tell the backers this was their intent and had implied in the Kickstarter that this would be the only way to get the DVD (so some people may have pledged, thinking this was the only way to get the DVDs, when in fact, they could have just waited for it to be sold in the stores... and gotten it sooner!)

I think better communication would have helped this situation.

Hi guys,

I understand that finding the DVDs on sale can be confusing and concerning, but rest assured that the Blue Rays which are being received by the backers are part of an exclusive pack only for them.
Thank you for your input, Sabi, though I don't think anyone is worried about the blu-ray being "exclusive". I don't think anyone is very upset at all, but the issue, such that it is, is more to do with the fact that it was implied no DVD or blu-ray would be available. This may not have been intentional, but I'm sure some people may have felt pressured to pledge, thinking the Kickstarter was the only way to get it.
Secondly, the fact that it may be bought in stores before the pledges are sent (without telling us too) may also ruffle some feathers.

This post has been edited by Aacher - March 20, 2015, 05:57:25.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841485  Replies : 22  Views : 1175
posté March 19, 2015, 17:35:51 | #17

Quote (FeldePard @ 19 March 2015 07:59) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 19 March 2015 07:58) *
Everything is suppose to be shipped by the end of march. Secondly u will say beside the whole blue ray thing I think the ones Kickstart backers get will be of better quality sound wise. They said they fixed the issues with the English dub sound hopefully.

Besides all of that idk why people are upset things take time and the whole they said they'd never sell DVD thing obviously changed like why be upset that people can buy it. You are getting the better version soon. Also the whole but I wouldn't of backed the Kickstarter if I knew this would happen. We did get them translated also we get both seasons and the ovas not to mention all the cool swag. We should look at something like this and be happy. Anywho hope that answered the question of when the stuff will be sent.

o.O I never said I was upset, I just said it was disappointing that the DVDs were in stores before the Kickstarter Backers even got theirs. The Kickstarter is the reason the DVDs exist to begin with, for the dubs and whatnot. I just think it's poor taste to put out DVDs before sending the people that basically funded the entire thing their goodies? Could have waited a little bit longer, imo... but that's just my personal preference?

Can't speak for anyone else on this thread though?
I agree. I do think it was bad form of them to sell the DVDs before sending out the paid-for pledge rewards: especially since they didn't tell the backers this was their intent and had implied in the Kickstarter that this would be the only way to get the DVD (so some people may have pledged, thinking this was the only way to get the DVDs, when in fact, they could have just waited for it to be sold in the stores... and gotten it sooner!)

I think better communication would have helped this situation.

This post has been edited by Aacher - March 19, 2015, 17:37:37.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841199  Replies : 22  Views : 1175
posté March 19, 2015, 03:16:27 | #18

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 19 March 2015 03:10) *
Yeah, that Box Set is 4 DVD's.
Well spotted.

However, I feel that we have been misled- if I recall correctly, nowhere on the Kickstarter did they say that the show would be available to buy in stores; creating the sense that the only way to get it was by pledging to the Kickstarter.

This post has been edited by Aacher - March 19, 2015, 03:20:26.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #841003  Replies : 22  Views : 1175
posté March 19, 2015, 03:08:06 | #19

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 19 March 2015 03:06) *
I think the keyword here is Blu-Ray and unless I'm mistaken the box set isn't Blu-Ray(?)

Hopefully Ankama can clear that up.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #840998  Replies : 22  Views : 1175
posté March 19, 2015, 03:06:36 | #20
Ty xD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #840996  Replies : 22  Views : 1175