Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Soundtrack8's profile
Statistics
1891 Posts (1.79 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 14:20:09 | #1

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 24 January 2015 13:07) *
By the way, have you guys seen the new Bubble Gun from Cras? lol
Rain of arrows?
I didnt mind it - but I so wish cra would point its bow upwards when casting it x_x

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823522  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté Yesterday - 11:11:31 | #2
Hey Molie
Sorry - I havent been on wakfu too much recently and am actually saving the respec until I can spare more time (always time for forums though ;D) Ill probably be looking into the build Coyox posted, I love forceful blow and with lots of invulnerable states and other restrictions on bosses it was hard to keep hemo up in a pvm setting - which is where I spend 99% of my time.
Weak points should be stacking a lot faster aswell, so I dont see too much of an issue going with execution either.

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #823468  Replies : 16  Views : 2035
posté Yesterday - 08:15:04 | #3

with the utility of beacons it makes more sense to reduce the cost of sneak rather than beacon
+1

Ahh yeah, the 3/turn cast limit makes it a lot more appealing as a somewhat reliable air damager, and takes away some of my qualms with plagues damage. Aoe is invaluable - especially because I dont plan on using incisive + rain of arrows and with piercing as a riddled builder I wont really need riddling / lashing. (I dont play solo enough to benefit enough from the latter, unless im undervaluing it against bosses) so I might pick it up - ideally I'd like to test it all out some time soon haha

But piercing and destructive have got to be staple - the bounce off beacon and new diagonal cast line gives piercing all the coverage you'll need while building up for a wild ride of destructive + double 3ap spell.

Ive already gone through the trouble of picking up one tri build set, but hate how limited / expensive the gear is. Fire doesnt seem to offer too much more other than elemental coverage atm. I'll miss out on the life steal, but with 8% max hp regen + 10% missing hp regen I should have enough sustain to survive.

Now if only I could reroll my gear to the desired elements for free :'D

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 24, 2015, 08:18:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823442  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté Yesterday - 05:52:53 | #4

Quote (Anotherenuacc @ 24 January 2015 05:10) *
A first glance it appears the entire air line mechanic has been balanced around poisoned arrow which I find a bit distressing.
I agree with this. I think they dont want to make plague / storm too strong because of how well their spell costs work. 3 Plague + eagle eye sets up for poison. Then next turn you can alternate between plague and storm before doing it all again.

But using storm on its own looks more like
plague base + storm base = 174

whereas a riddling combo looks like
x2 riddling base + (40% destructive base from added riddled) = 186 + potential extra 70 base damage if you cast destructive next

The air combo is an extra mp to cast, but you get the aoe of storm.
However I think its really outclassed by earth.

Ill probably not pick up storm arrow at this rate, as much as I love it I see plague + eagle eye + poison as a better combo. I dont really think storm is worth the reach consumption (base damage is only 12 higher than riddling / blazing and it costs mp (even though existing storm is 20 base higher than riddling). Those also stack a state, storm consumes), and leaves me open for 2 spells in the other branches or most likely 3 earth spells.

Your right on your point about homing, the damage ratio is too low to really consider using it. You really have to use it at almost its highest range for it to be a better option.

Rain of arrows is pretty decent, builds 20 sharpening, no los, but it doesnt combo well with storm : /

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 24, 2015, 06:06:54.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823424  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté Yesterday - 02:56:27 | #5
Thankyou for the changes to damage and states, which were the two major focus points of the change to cra.

I do still have a handful of issues I'd like to compile though - do note, if its not on the list I'm probably pretty happy with where its at

Disengage

Problem: Offers a slight alternative to beacon sneaking, although it can only be cast in a straight line and only when you are in direct contact with an enemy. The distance it covers is an approximately equal ratio to that of what beacon sneaking costs (3ap1wp for 4 cells vs 4ap 1wp for 6 cells), but we dont need two spells to do almost exactly the same thing.

Solution: a.) Add a passive effect to cunning archer "when beacon sneakin' is cast at 1-2 range +2mp" and remove disengage. b.) rework disengage so it operates substantially differently to beacon sneakin'. Either through cost reduction (as you can only use it in contact with an enemy) or effect.

Beacon Sneakin'

Problem: When the cost is added to casting the beacon itself it becomes 4ap 1wp. This leaves undesireable combos when most of cras spells work in 3's.

Solution:
Reduce the cost of beacon sneakin' by 1 ap (preferably in conjunction with the first suggested change to disengage)

Blinding Arrow

Problem: Mobs tend to have so much mp and movement spells that -range wont effect them

Solution: Give it range steal to make it useful in pub play

Incisive Strike

Problem:
High cost for low output. Bad synergy with lashing arrow and rain of arrows.

Solution: Reduce the cost, and effects (possibly of rain of arrows aswell) respectively so its easier to combo with other spells.

Retreat Arrow

Problem: The wrong kind of spell for cra. The collision damage has good potential, but will be incredibly hard to utilise. It could only be used in a few select scenarios, especially now that 2 of the only spells that synergise with it have minimum 4 range. Considering the low range of retreat arrow it seems unlikely you'd ever use it for damage rather than pushing.
Again, I have issues with spells that cost 4ap.

Solution:
Revert back to the old retreat arrow. 2 cell push, 2 cell aoe, but leave the wp cost off. Alternatively remove the pushback on hit and give it a "refund ap if cast on beacon, destroy beacon" sort of effect.

Side notes

I think plague arrow's damage could be brought up to match the ap ratio of rain of arrows / riddling / blazing without elusive. 25/ap at lvl 200.

Burning arrow could also have slightly higher dmg/ap. Right now its the same as blinding, but is much more limited.

Beacons should be removed if you recast beacon on one

Thats all for now, heres to a happy, healthy cra :'D

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823382  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 23, 2015, 16:49:12 | #6

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 23 January 2015 16:41) *
biting is - resistance to mp loss (20% per level) so its basically heaven for people using treachrose i guess?

also i should note piercing says linear but its both linear and diagonal. (like a star)
Thanks
Seems like they want you to incisive strike + lashing for a simulation lead legs effect. Shame the two spells have no synergy at 12 ap : l
Cant combo incisive, lashing and rain of arrows either.

That piercing change is really cool, thanks for sharing

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823161  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 23, 2015, 16:27:38 | #7
Thanks so muhc for that brain Ive been checking back every half hour or so checking for a beta update on the french side but looks like you beat them! Could you also link precision and biting please?

Precision seems cool.. its almost like LDC turned into a worthwhile passive

States will surely be easier to swap between and manage with the removal of biting.
I can see some good openers. Eagle eye + plague x3 + poisoned arrow for instant ap removal and poison
Double piercing on a beacon appears to stack a substantially higher amount riddling so preparing for a high burst destructive wont be too hard (seismic is dependent on the cras level now,, so I hope it deals damage like burning) I hope sharpened arrowhead keeps the final damage boost for destructive too haha

Incisive strike seems like it could be handy as using it with rain of arrows almost refunds the cost. I still wonder if it warrants an active slot though : l

Archery changes are pretty nice, high health regen and nice boost to sharpening stacking

was hoping not to see range steal on blinding and disengage gone though haha (giving it lead legs like kikui / flatatlas said would be a good reason to have it though)

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 23, 2015, 16:41:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823149  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 23, 2015, 05:29:29 | #8

Quote (NettleBriars @ 23 January 2015 04:28) *
I was psyched to see a DoT spell added, though now I'm unsure if it'll be enough.
I was really excited about it too - only Im not sure if it will be that useful in general non-boss room pvm. It requires you build up quite a few hits on an enemy (5 at the moment) before hitting with poisoned. So idk if you'd actually be able to proc the poison before the enemy dies :s Even in group pvp they'll probably be dead by the time you proc it.
Atleast riddled can be stacked on yourself and piercing only consumes 20 which may be built back up from the beacon.

As for other stuff being discussed

I kind of agree with Hearty, cras will probably never have a place in 1v1, upwards of that, with the close combat guys and tankers they should be able to keep a distance for a decent final damage boost.
Hearty is also right about how valuable the -mp tiles are and how well they work with the windy beacon. You can knock them away a few tiles, minus mp and deal good damage if you use it with storm arrow - shame it will be harder to combo with new beacon cost / storm arrow restrictions though

Also random idea for disengage (holy shit tho - hearty pretty much beat me to it)
Make it a low cost, self casting spell. Kind of like a lock fail safe kind of thing
if cra starts its next turn in contact with an enemy, push (or jump idk) them away two cells and apply elusive to cra
if cra does not start its next turn in contact with an enemy +1 mp to cra and apply x state for 1 turn. Cannot cast disengage while in X state.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 23, 2015, 05:31:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #823032  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 21, 2015, 17:23:08 | #9
Oh of course
But I mean, even after all these changes the classes remain almost as pure damage dealers. Whereas other classes are likely to pick up or receive buffs to other group utility spells.
Iops do have some options to stray off that path with going a more tank orientated build with shield + stabilisation + lock / block passive. Plus a few other skills to toy around with.
Cra is a little more limited and their build is always going to be about dealing as much damage as possible. While they do have some pushes and can chip mp theres not a whole lot else they can do, they retain their only role as a ranged damage dealer so I think the damage on some of their spells should be somewhat higher than what it currently is. So im glad theyre adjusted some of those values aha

I wouldnt mind if they kept close range vulnerability, as long as their ranged damage needs to reflect that

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822420  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 21, 2015, 16:22:33 | #10

Quote (Exelenore @ 21 January 2015 12:22) *
I feel like some people want to make Cras as good as Iops are now even though Iops are a bit over the top currently.
I kind of think, especially damage wise, these two classes need to be a little over the top - otherwise as other classes get revamped and are put on the same pedestal as cra / iop they could go back to lackluster damage dealers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822397  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 21, 2015, 12:11:28 | #11

Quote (Lukinerx @ 21 January 2015 11:57) *

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 21 January 2015 11:19) *
Maybe they should change sidekicks up, so they get all their stats as they level and remove the need of buying them equipment?

it's not about their eq and stats

it's more about their kit, spell amount and usefulness tbh.... also having them the same level as character (no more leveling) also won't make them better (except 2-3 mostly used sidekicks) then 100% class as hero that can offer much more
Oh of course, but atleast you wouldnt have to worry about paying for armour, buying bread, buying keys (if theyre going to revert that change) making sidekicks the more casual of the two.

I dont know if you can buff them to be *equal* to classes. Daniel is right, they only have 1 kit.. so if you buff their damage to be equal to another classes theyre still not as desireable because you can have multiple builds on a hero. But if you overbuff them people start taking sidekicks over other players. Which is why my suggestion is aimed at making sidekicks hassle free, space fillers. (a lot of them could use some general buffs aswell though)

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 21, 2015, 12:12:13.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822305  Replies : 32  Views : 974
posté January 21, 2015, 11:21:08 | #12
Im surprised you didnt go for lifesteal with that kind of potential
That would have been a good few thousand  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822292  Replies : 133  Views : 3530
posté January 21, 2015, 11:19:00 | #13
Maybe they should change sidekicks up, so they get all their stats as they level and remove the need of buying them equipment?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822291  Replies : 32  Views : 974
posté January 21, 2015, 11:17:54 | #14

Quote (NettleBriars @ 21 January 2015 10:44) *

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 21 January 2015 10:26) *
Both ways you'd need los, theyd be almost equally costly, but you'd be able to do diagonals with beacon sneaking

What if you're cornered by a stabilized enemy and no diagonals are available?
Then youd use retreat arrow on the unstabilised enemy? Or attack with your weapon. You wouldnt be able to use disengage either in that scenario.
In years of playing cra Ive never ever encountered anything like that.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822290  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 21, 2015, 10:26:01 | #15

Quote (NettleBriars @ 21 January 2015 09:56) *
I'm yearning for a passive escape that returns us to our beacons similar to an eca escaping to their cat tree.
Thats probably one thing I'd have to disagree on - in so many situations youre going to have lots of beacons up and around the enemies, being teleported to the beacon would probably get you into more trouble and leave the beacon pretty useless :S

I still think disengage needs to go - the only reason it was there was to create a gap when you had run out of wp. We've solved that problem two-fold now with a no-wp pushback (although I will still... PUSH.. for changes to retreat(do it for puns, im hilarious)) and a way to regain wp. Right now it feels like its just filling an active slot.

Im really hoping the "and more" dy7 promised will be good :x

@ Kikui
Even then I'd rather they just boost the range of beacon sneaking by 1 and bring the cost of sneaking down by 1ap : / (1ap beacons, and 2ap 1 wp sneak or 1wp beacon and 3ap sneak - I prefer the latter)
Both ways you'd need los, theyd be almost equally costly, but you'd be able to do diagonals with beacon sneaking

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 21, 2015, 10:32:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822276  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 21, 2015, 08:55:51 | #16
Yeah, youre right.
A lot of the spells really dont mesh well - all the "build up" spells are either 3 or 4 ap, which arent exactly compatible together : /

I'd still like 1wp beacons, even if that meant 2 or 3 ap for beacon sneaking.
Its been discussed in the past and I brought it up on the beta thread but I'd really like to see windy beacon pull enemies / allies instead of pushing. This is because if you pull some enemies in with homing arrow you've set yourself up a nice aoe for double explosive or piercing. (Double explosive + a beacon would be a lot of wp gone in one turn though D It would still be good for positioning, but it would also be useful for gathering enemies for aoes - especially useful now that beacons change depending on the element cast on them.
Of course those combos would only work with beacon cost to 1wp and windy beacon change to attract instead of repel.

One slight modification to sharpened arrowhead (SA) I'd like to see is for you to gain 10 levels of SA for every 10 levels of a cra-state you apply on yourself or an enemy. It sounds exactly the same as what it does now, but iirc when I tried using rain of arrows it would only give 10 SA even when elusive.
I wasnt able to test with explosive arrow - but it would essentially change it from +10 SA to +10 SA per beacon in the zone.
It would also mean 40 levels from eagle eye, not 20.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 21, 2015, 09:33:32.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822248  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 21, 2015, 08:48:08 | #17
I go with More Inhuman than Inhuman
Kicked Ass is a runner up  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822246  Replies : 47  Views : 997
posté January 21, 2015, 05:04:05 | #18

Quote (Micestorff @ 21 January 2015 04:29) *

The problem with Cra was the annoying beacons taking skill slots and low damage becouse "long range" monstly wasted in small maps... but people are saying the revamp isnt that great but ankama can change it at any moment so Cra still in the shadows..

Picking a Fogger/Sram/Xelor or even a Iop will be better (since everyone is puking rainbows about the damage of beta iops).
yeah Im not all that bright about it atm.. atleast beacons will be an active : l

And yeah, the stasis foggers ive played with are really reliable, really strong damage dealers.

Thread : General  Preview message : #822233  Replies : 19  Views : 1715
posté January 21, 2015, 04:07:24 | #19
if Im going to play with burning arrow I may as well not even play cra.
In an ideal scenario it still doesnt even reach 300 base damage at 12 ap at lvl 200. This is with a beacon, which basically renders it useless as an aoe spell, unless you want to only reach 200 base damage.
Burning arrow also gets none of the final damage boosts offered to cras.

I wouldnt want another escape either, I'd want the existing ones to be worthwhile. Not gonna have any ap leftover to actually hurt enemies with.

Now we have a wp regen I'd like beacons to keep the 1wp cost. For a total of 2ap 1wp to teleport. The +50 dodge bonus should be dropped and replaced with something that increases the levels of reach / flamboyant on cra or a different buff all together.

Retreat arrow should lose the collision damage bonus and have modifiable range or higher static range (could even be something like srams fear spell which increases in range as the cra hits level milestones) I wouldnt mind if it was a 2 cell push, because youre right. With the existing lashing arrow it would make for a deadly combo.

---

I'd also like to bring up incisive strike.
4 ap
2-6 boostable range
+3 levels of incurable
Stabilised
-60% resist to mp loss

Versus

Focus
2ap 1 wp
1-3 range
+5 levels of incurable
Stabilised
takes 20% more damage when hit from the front or side

I think at the very least incisive strike should match the amount of incurable stacks on focus.
ofc unless theyre some really heavy conditions on focus I cant check

Focus looks like it got it right, it really pinpoints an enemy making sure it goes down fast and cant be healed. I think Incisive strike tries to do a similar thing as in, they cant be healed and cant get away (as long as you cast lashing in conjunction - but thats a weird combo and leaves you with 2 ap leftover afterwards for.. homing?)

I know the range is over double the cost of focus, but the wp cost on focus makes it look a lot more manageable. When you also consider that an Iop is going to be in the fray, close to enemies anyway they dont need the range as much as cra (who's likely to be 6+ cells away from enemies) idk.. it just seems really underwhelming. Little use in pvm too : /

The incurable stacks are nice, but Ethereal burst can match that and deal quite high damage aswell at almost half the cost.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 21, 2015, 04:40:37.
Reason for edit : is..is this what sadidas feels like
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822225  Replies : 784  Views : 28995
posté January 21, 2015, 03:53:32 | #20

Quote (Agosta @ 21 January 2015 03:26) *
If you dislike spending 4ap, use disengage
I thought I already went through why disengage wasnt that good. Its not worth the cost. Why would you even need dodge on it. Are you going to disengage onto an enemy? The spell isnt needed, even the proposed beacon sneaking is better. Unless youre in some weird situation where an enemy has removed all your mp and you need it to attack, but thats not likely enough for it to take an action slot.

May have been wrong on iop.. := but..
Pandawas can jump 6+ cells with 2ap 1wp (while also having a barrel near them / 1wp only if they already have the barrel in place) or can pick up enemies with 2 ap and toss them 3 cells away noone bats an eye
Iops can push 3 cells for 3 ap
Sram can push 1-4 cells for 2ap
Cras can push 3 cells for 4ap, but its so much more important for a cra to keep enemies away than it is for other classes when 7 of their spells have a minimum of 3 range.
Sorry for asking something could have been changed on beacon sneaking / retreat.

If lashing is going to be the sole reason these dont get changed, then drop lashing. Not everyone is going to be a lashing / piercing earth cra.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - January 21, 2015, 03:58:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822219  Replies : 784  Views : 28995