Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Soundtrack8's profile
Statistics
2073 Posts (1.76 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 11:43:09 | #1
Looks like there will be atleast one change to voodoo

• "Voodoll · In addition to the care of allies, now causes damage to opponents in the end turn around her Sadida"

Translation may be out - read it here with all the other planned changes to sadida.
Click here

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #866660  Replies : 41  Views : 540
posté Today - 11:39:46 | #2
Looks like there will be some changes to cras passives

• "I'll re-merge two liabilities in a scheme to make it more malleable. I will also remove the penalty melee damage that is not really necessary. Small changes are planned for the next version Beta, you tell me the news!"

Click here

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866659  Replies : 32  Views : 670
posté May 24, 2015, 15:49:48 | #3
Or back when they could stack their ap and mp glyphs underneath themselves to spam about a dozen orb armours / fecammers Though that was a while ago now

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - May 24, 2015, 15:50:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #865820  Replies : 7  Views : 200
posté May 24, 2015, 15:38:12 | #4
I loved using that armour against mobs that would push you back - and therefore activate the armour multiple times. Or on mobs that hit you back whenever you hit them. So op

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #865815  Replies : 7  Views : 200
posté May 24, 2015, 10:13:23 | #5
@ Kewk

I think thats more an issue with Sram's design - wily probably should have been made an active as backstabs are such an emphasis of the sram's playstyle.
You could proabably also squeeze larcenry and fear into one spell.. stand adjacent to a target and select a cell to push them to it, or select yourself / an enemy to activate larcenry's bootys mechanic. But that would push one active to some pretty extreme utility.

I already play a tri-sram so I guess I dont have to adapt all that much or at all really.. but ever since the revamp I always wanted to try a water build I may also consider a mono / dual water build because of the new larcenry and a trap build along with the normal backstab-tri build depending on how far I can push spell exp. So it should be fun for me c:
//

Personally I am starting to come around to the ideas of decks, I can see myself picking up a few decks within a single air/fire combo for my cra, but having an incredibly hard time whittling down the passives - there are too many I want D:
It does also really encourage the use of utility spells in space of damage spells - maybe too much atm, but I'll have to test it out. For example, using homing arrow for cheap beacon activation and as a damage spell instead 2-3 air spells on the hot bar. I think its fair to have to trade damage for utility and vice versa, but it does hurt some classes a lot more than others.

I can deck myself out for clearing dungeon rooms, or maybe add in something like retreat for faster (one or two) turn play outside of dungeons against small mob groups. For me, it will give me a chance to use some spells that I couldnt before because I had to get something more reliable.
This can also be done without having to buy anymore sets for myself.

Im not sure how I like the whole active / passive progression thing though - but its not something I've really witnessed so Im not sure if my observations are all that accurate. But with the new passives the gap between lvl 149 and 150 appears to be huge, with that one level increasing your final damage 15% or more in some cases. I'd like the passives to evolve more linearly.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - May 24, 2015, 10:15:34.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #865757  Replies : 526  Views : 7147
posté May 22, 2015, 18:14:15 | #6
The 'system' could be great for another game... but if it does not work for, or suit wakfu / dofus then it is wrong.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864800  Replies : 16  Views : 532
posté May 22, 2015, 18:08:13 | #7

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 22 May 2015 18:01) *
And a nerf isn't a nerf only when regarding individual classes. If all classes suddenly could only use one spell per fight, it's a nerf. A widespread nerf.
Not to mention some classes rely on a bunch of utility spells, whereas others dont need any..

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #864792  Replies : 526  Views : 7147
posté May 22, 2015, 18:04:40 | #8
Dont worry - it looks like everyone will be sitting on like 200%+ final damage anyway we probably wont need resists.

//

More seriously, I'll have to test it out. But I did think being able to get 80% resist was a bit crazy. Looks like tanks will have a more defined, important and un-substitutable role now?

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - May 22, 2015, 18:06:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864787  Replies : 53  Views : 895
posté May 22, 2015, 18:03:10 | #9

Quote (-Celio- @ 22 May 2015 17:57) *

Quote (SacridTaco @ 22 May 2015 16:11) *
"For our Crafting revamp, we decided to go with more of a 'deck' system. Now, you choose which professions you want to specialize in! But be careful which you choose; you won't be able to use the others! This will lead to more diversity among players and enhance the overall gameplay experience! "

well actually it will...
Idk if serious but however many years ago Dofus made the decision to limit character professions for that exact reason - to promote diversity and encourage cooperation. In the most recent profession revamp they have removed that limitation and acknowledged that it didnt work and people just worked around it instead.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864784  Replies : 16  Views : 532
posté May 22, 2015, 16:12:51 | #10

Quote (Wessolf @ 22 May 2015 15:56) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 22 May 2015 15:18) *
that might be what the " truck" spell is

Huh? I'm curious. I've never reached max level before so I don't know how the spell lock system works. But how did you guys "lock" a spell? Was there a button for it?
Im pretty sure thats what the "truck" spell slot is for - stick an elemental spell in it and youll drain exp from it and distribute it to your other spells.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864701  Replies : 16  Views : 483
posté May 22, 2015, 11:45:51 | #11
A lot of previous commenters bring up some really valid points. Dual element sets are going to plummet in value.

With the potential to level every elemental spell to their maximum when we hit max, tri build sets are going to be in complete demand because its likely you'll have a (for example) water/air, water/earth, earth/air and a tri-build aswell. Why would you want to get all those duo-sets when a tri-set could do everything for slightly lower stats.

Sure two of your dual elemental kits will only have 4 spells as opposed to 5 now youll have an extra active spell and youre still getting access to those kits you may not have otherwise had.

However, youre going to want more sets of gear to optimize each new deck. But with the current drop rates and spell system, players struggle to optimize just one...

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #864618  Replies : 526  Views : 7147
posté May 21, 2015, 16:52:14 | #12

Quote (Wishie @ 21 May 2015 16:42) *

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 21 May 2015 16:36) *
I don't think any spells are going to be changed. Only thing I've heard of spells changing is just passives. I don't get what you mean by taking up 2 cells with one spell, either.

I also feel your assessment of the deck system is a bit off. Before, we were already limited to a 2/2/2 or a 3/2 or a 3/1/1 build. Now we're much more open with spells - we can level all of our spells to max level if we wished to, and switch them before each fight to make it more interesting. Granted that now we can't use all of our spells like we were used to, but I've never had to use all of my skills either. I'm not sure about other classes, but it doesn't really limit classes like Enis.
Dy7 said some passives would change the way an elemental spell acts. This means we use 1 active slot + 1 passive slot. Just making it act "differently" isnt super promising. : l
  • "and the others are spell modifiers. The latter will change how a spell works, either to make it better or just different"

I dont know... Its something I'd have to practice with, but I like to make choices DURING combat, instead of kicking myself going "damn, it would have been great to pick x spell". Combat changes, it looks like this will be a game of averages. On average which is the best damage/ utility spell? Well, i'll have to deck out that and that only because I dont have enough room for anything else (unless youre running something you know has a very select mechanic and base your deck on that). Low levels look like they'll get it the worst with 5 spells taken up by most builds they'll be left with very slim pickings for actives.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - May 21, 2015, 16:53:56.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #864113  Replies : 526  Views : 7147
posté May 21, 2015, 16:36:20 | #13
One thing I want to touch on

"
Among these new passive spells, some are “simple” characteristic bonuses, some are game mechanic-based–either existing or new–and the others are spell modifiers. The latter will change how a spell works, either to make it better or just different.
The new way this works has enabled us to create more clear-cut builds for characters, with greater emphasis on character speciality preferences."

So how many passives will we get? Because there wont be any emphasis on character specialities if we get all 6 at lvl 200.
I dont know.. a lot of this worries me. Like changing how a spell works. That means I have to take up 2 slots for one spell. Can we be sure the tradeoff is worth it?

A deck system, where there is a non-negotiable 'this is how many spells you get in a fight' limits character creation so much more now. A common scenario I now see is "okay, I cant take 3 spells in this branch, only 2. Which do I pick?" and then bam, boom, youve got builds and spells which are even more 'staple' then ever before. I fail to see how this will increase diversity. Atleast before we had the option to use fear here or there, or maybe summoning a double would have been better. Knowing which would be better in that MOVE is a better test of skill than choosing a spell which is (on average) better in a whole FIGHT.

I think because as other people have mentioned, utility spells need a place, the unlocking of slots should not take so long. If you want to limit utility spells take a note from cra and sram, unlock 'upgrades' as the spell's level increases.

And this talk about lvl 200 coming soon when there is already so little to support high levels at the moment.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #864092  Replies : 526  Views : 7147
posté May 21, 2015, 15:44:20 | #14

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 21 May 2015 15:25) *
assuming he is level 101 in the image in the devblog, then it ooks like all spells are maxed.... hopefully he didnt just level them all equally but below max.
"In any case, even after players have reached the max level–whether it be level 200 or the current max level–they’ll continue to gain spell XP and, with a lot of effort, they’ll be able to acquire every elemental spell at maximum level."

What I think this means is that spell exp is still a thing and we wont be seeing fully leveled spells until we hit the level cap :l

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864052  Replies : 106  Views : 2417
posté May 21, 2015, 01:32:21 | #15

Quote (KingAchelexus @ 20 May 2015 17:59) *

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 20 May 2015 17:04) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 May 2015 16:57) *
it's not limiting..

you can choose 11 elemental spells at level 160
Lets take my sram.
I use 4/5 of the active spells regularly - it doesnt say elemental or active spells, so I take it to include both.
I also use 6 elemental spells.
I also use (at minimum) 2 utility spells.
For a minimum total of 12 spells.

If the deck system only allows spells included within your deck then yes it is limiting. I'll already have to make a few cuts, and I'm not 160 yet.

Granted the passive spells extend beyond 5 that kind of leads to speculation about global passives and maybe global actives - which I wouldnt be able to fit in without sacrificing something else.

But if you dont need to level spells anymore, its a huge buff since you will be able to have utility spells doing a lot of damage.

And its a good nerf to tribid builds who have been dominating lately.
Honestly, I doubt they will be fully levelled. I mean, we can have multiple decks so what would stop everyone using tri-equipment? With tri equipment and fully leveled spells I could have any possible combinations of decks for my classes elements - mono, duo and tri. Not to mention it would pretty much rule out respecs and I'm sure ankama arent ready to give up that stream of revenue.

As others brought up, they did change the exp formula not long ago, and also made it possible for lvl 100+ to redistribute spell exp, which makes it unlikely theyll be getting rid of spell levels any time soon : /

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863829  Replies : 106  Views : 2417
posté May 20, 2015, 17:04:54 | #16

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 May 2015 16:57) *
it's not limiting..

you can choose 11 elemental spells at level 160
Lets take my sram.
I use 4/5 of the active spells regularly - it doesnt say elemental or active spells, so I take it to include both.
I also use 6 elemental spells.
I also use (at minimum) 2 utility spells.
For a minimum total of 12 spells.

If the deck system only allows spells included within your deck then yes it is limiting. I'll already have to make a few cuts, and I'm not 160 yet.

Granted the passive spells extend beyond 5 that kind of leads to speculation about global passives and maybe global actives - which I wouldnt be able to fit in without sacrificing something else.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - May 20, 2015, 17:07:56.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863672  Replies : 106  Views : 2417
posté May 20, 2015, 16:55:17 | #17
Im confused with how limiting the deck system is.
Lets say Im a sram, do I need fear in my deck if I want to use it? Or does including it in the deck just effect its level?

I want to hold my opinion until I get my head around it a little more.
On one hand, it seems like it will limit tri-builds, because they have more elemental spells to factor in.
But at the same time, that could be encouragement to go duo or mono instead.

I dont know. I saw more spell exp for choosing 'secondary' elemental spells (I'd consider 'primary' elemental spells the spells everyone goes for in a branch like wily for air sram) the solution to more unique characters rather than a spell deck. But I guess I'll wait and see before I make up my mind.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863660  Replies : 106  Views : 2417
posté May 20, 2015, 01:48:05 | #18
I think it would be good to some how connect more servers together. Ankama made the mistake of opening too many servers too quickly, so now I dont think many people can say they feel snug in their server.

However, there's the constant problems of doubling up on names, doubling up on haven worlds and doubling up on separate markets. The economy is what will probably be the hardest to fix as Phaeris kamas would have almost no value if they were to merge.

Thread : Events  Preview message : #863457  Replies : 9  Views : 336
posté May 19, 2015, 16:54:29 | #19
I just went on remi to have a look at some spell conditions, astrub seemed really populated  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863273  Replies : 14  Views : 475
posté May 19, 2015, 16:31:20 | #20

Quote (piromasta @ 19 May 2015 16:08) *
If i'm missing anything, please teach me. I seriously want to know everything about me class.
*pulls out notepad*
"4 uses per turn"

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863262  Replies : 40  Views : 1042