Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Deviched's profile
Statistics
243 Posts (0.21 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 29, 2016, 18:07:32 | #1
Yes, good, good. Slowly implement Dofus into Wakfu.

Thread : News  Preview message : #960834  Replies : 48  Views : 602
posté April 27, 2016, 14:31:18 | #2
It reminds me of how Dragon's Nest does PvP to some extent. I don't think that gear and such should be normalized for balance between both parties, but spells would be better off having different values in PvP rather then PvE being adjusted for PvP usage.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #960231  Replies : 42  Views : 534
posté April 26, 2016, 23:00:17 | #3
I suppose the outdated Dofus servers you're referring to are the Spanish servers? They're only outdated simply because because the computers of the countries the server works in can't handle 2.0, not out of nolstagia.

Sounds like you're really looking forward to Dofus Touch (And if that works out, Wakfu Touch)?

This post has been edited by Deviched - May 01, 2016, 13:52:19.
Reason for edit : Like, something legal
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #960078  Replies : 3  Views : 244
posté April 25, 2016, 16:19:13 | #4
Those are some amazing snaps

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #958411  Replies : 6  Views : 315
posté April 23, 2016, 15:10:29 | #5

Quote (HealingHotness @ 23 April 2016 04:04) *
Graceful Enemy - players gain 10% final heal on every healing spell per AP spent on the spell.
Nice to see that Harebourg is still a decent guy somewhere huhu

Interesting stats.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #957950  Replies : 5  Views : 100
posté April 19, 2016, 23:19:02 | #6
Yes, it's an extremely boring calendar. Gotta set the expectations low so people become amazed at successful, basic accomplishments.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #957033  Replies : 13  Views : 499
posté April 15, 2016, 17:42:49 | #7
Where is this hinted?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #956015  Replies : 26  Views : 1047
posté April 10, 2016, 23:01:53 | #8
I love the soft lighting  

Thread : Fan Art  Preview message : #954319  Replies : 4  Views : 254
posté April 02, 2016, 06:47:02 | #9
Wait, what's making it 'not allowed'?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #952972  Replies : 16  Views : 1011
posté April 02, 2016, 05:47:01 | #10
AWESOME!

Thread : Fan Art  Preview message : #952965  Replies : 24  Views : 3473
posté March 29, 2016, 21:10:35 | #11
You can buy multiple Magmog packets on one account and use them all on the same account or spread them around to your other steam linked Wakfu accounts, if that's what you meant.

Your gifts and booster time will be added accordingly.

Reason for edit : Clarified
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #952297  Replies : 3  Views : 356
posté March 22, 2016, 22:36:53 | #12

Quote (saphiLC @ 22 March 2016 21:37) *
i know ankama pretty well to know they had nothing set up to prevent this (the first advent calendar they released was so insecure that just by editing the html with the code inspector of chrome, ppl were able to get the last day's reward on day 1, thats one example).
Going to spend some extra time with this because I think it’s important for the community in general to understand. Anyone with more IT/Networking experience, please add to or correct me.

Here's the thing: (I wasn't here for the calendar, but I will take your word) the event had nothing to do with network security, just very lazy, straightforward coding that gives out event items in a fixed manner in the order that they're supposed to be in. The page that you have access to will grant you the appropreate item on the calendar of that day, and when people edit the html to skip to a certain day (the day already exists, but will naturally unlock on the day it’s supposed to), the calendar responds accordingly and gives them the [X] day item anyway because they accessed the page. DDOS attacks have nothing to do with site optimization at all

DDOS isn’t ‘breaking’ into anything, the entire point of DOS is to over-flood whatever hosting network you use to boggle down server performance and ability to connect with real users (or to completely shut down a server).

Think of using your max bandwidth on your wifi while still trying to use the network for other things: this is Ankama on a constant basis while being DDOS’d, thus the constant lag that we, the real users, have (attackers are taking up all of Ankama's server resources, leaving us with what little the server can allocate). Ankama can’t just filter out these fake connections either, to a major company like Ankama that gets traffic internationally, it is very difficult to tell which traffic are your attacker’s and which are from real people.

(Some extra info to clear other misconceptions)

The attacks are hitting the backbone of Anakama’s networking infrastructure, which is the manager of all other services that use the internet (includes Wakfu, Dofus, their apps, etc, are being effected): Click here

Ankama has an infastructure/hosting partner that hosts all of their servers, as said on Dofus' forum banner: Click here

"Our team is working with our hosting company to respond to these new attacks and protect your gaming experience."

To put it short: Ankama is collecting data from the DDOS (to single out whatever IP ranges they need to block) to report to their hoster who are also blocking IPs/implementing other security measures from Ankama.

Reason for edit : Further clarified, grammatical errors
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #950988  Replies : 21  Views : 866
posté March 22, 2016, 19:30:44 | #13

Quote (saphiLC @ 22 March 2016 19:01) *
and for ppl that may think its not ankama's fault, it is, why? because they have barely any kind of security (i assume), so yeah, when are we getting a compensation?
DDOS attacks can break through any means of security/whitelist/firewall if they have enough power to clog servers. There is virtually no way to fully protect yourself against a DOS (you can try a more selective means to block certain connections, but you risk blocking legitimate connections, which is something a multimedia company never wants to do), you can only try to collect statistics of the attackers and mitigate the effects as best you can.

You will likely be compensated once the ordeal is over.

Reason for edit : A single additional word for clarity.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #950939  Replies : 21  Views : 866
posté March 22, 2016, 04:01:49 | #14
You block them through your Ankabox. Eliminates their posts, their started threads, you can't even see their profile.

Look on the bright side: we're able to salt together in harmony.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #950780  Replies : 5  Views : 463
posté March 21, 2016, 20:06:14 | #15

Quote (Markzs @ 21 March 2016 18:55) *
So, yeah, it sucks having delays and disconnections, but I don't picture Ankama being big enough to handle this attacks with ease.
Nah, they're not. They're leaving this to their infrastructure partner who hosts their servers.

OP, no matter how high tech your networking security is, you can still be taken down by a DDOS attack as long as there's enough power behind it. At best, your servers (in this case, Ankama's entire backbone which manages everything they have that uses the internet), will have to withstand the attacks until it stops, be it from Ankama's new security measures, their ISP blocking IP ranges, the attackers stop themselves, etc.

Switching hosts is a very expensive admission of defeat (attacks will just find the new IP to strike), which no major gaming company has ever done and is not going to happen for a simple DDOS attack.

Reason for edit : There are a variety of ways to mitigate DDOS. It just takes time.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #950720  Replies : 5  Views : 726
posté March 18, 2016, 19:47:59 | #16
weezes

I remember the days when it wasn't a pain in the ass to give out AP

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #950003  Replies : 176  Views : 4853
posté March 12, 2016, 15:49:06 | #17
Welcome to Wakfu :p

Hoped you picked a cool server like Remmington/anything but Nox

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #948775  Replies : 23  Views : 760