Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

kurokat's profile
Statistics
1276 Posts (1.17 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté November 02, 2014, 12:24:14 | #1
Read up in hear in a previous advice thread.

- Kat

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #792425  Replies : 2  Views : 548
posté October 30, 2014, 11:05:44 | #2
Only laying traps don't give a ping I think. Everything else does, but it only pings where you cast said spell. So move afterward. This was done so that invisibility wouldn't be too powerful and make you think a bit on when and where you use Invisibility in conjuncture with your other spells.

- Kat

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #791657  Replies : 2  Views : 311
posté October 28, 2014, 23:45:09 | #3

Quote (Flaming-June @ 28 October 2014 10:02) *
♥ A female fogger. I mean...this goes without saying. So many people want this. There were also female foggers in the past, and the divinities of wakfu know, they would not agree to look like the very masculine foggers we are stuck with today. So...very fitting lore wise to have female models of foggers in addition to the very clearly male ones previously added to the game. (I personally think giving both male and female a fully robotic, half human/cyborg, and mostly human partially cyborg appearance to both female and male foggers would be a huge hit with most people, myself included.)
Below is a quote from the game Destiny's Reddit page on a discussion on why female Exo's (the sentient robot race in said game) have breasts.

According to one of the Grimoire cards, at least one Exo theorizes that Exos were originally developed for the purpose of human immortality. According to the card, Exo brains are designed to emulate the function of a biological human brain. The leap of logic being that a human would upload their consciousness to an artificial Exo brain with no loss of 'humanity'. The vast majority of humans adhere to sexual dimorphism, so it makes sense that your new robot body would at least conform to the basic sexual characteristics of the body you had as a meat-bag. This would speed up the acclimation to and acceptance of your new artificial existence.

My personal hypothesis concerning the origin of Exos is that that they were a transhumanist attempt at creating "the next step" of human existence. Unfortunately, the Darkness showed up and the militaries needed to mass produce armies and the cyber-hippie Exo technology go co-opted for that purpose. Going by the Cards and what we see in-game, conventional Golden Age AIs ran on mainframes that required the infrastructure of starships or groundbased facilities. The Exo brain, for all the drawbacks it has (ie, basic human cognition), is compact and comes with a body that is already the right size and shape for taking advantage of existing infantry armor, weapons, and vehicles.

I actually agree with much of this in that if you were originally human, in your psyche you identify yourself still as one gender or the other. It helps keep you sane, thus there would be both female and male shaped bodies for one to migrate their soul into.

Another example of this is in the anime Ghost in the Shell. The main character Kusanagi Motoko always uses the same looking model body as she was originally a girl when she was little before the accident. Afterward though no one knows what she would look like when she would actually be older, she continually upgrades from one body to another that looks older and older with the same general appearance. This is because one's identity is tied to that. You look in the mirror and see that that is you. She is asked a couple times why she doesn't upgrade to a male body at times and the main reason is that that face has become her identity.

More on such, many people that get plastic surgery often want to revert back to their original face. This being because they don't recognize who they see in the mirror as themselves. Even if it was what they thought they wanted before the surgery.

All in all, my long winded point is since the Foggers were originally human, whether or not they wanted a robot body as they thought it was the natural step in their evolution, I'm sure many of the females would want to be in a female looking body. It has nothing to do with function or reason, but with one's psyche.

In other words, I believe it's just lazy to say that (the clearly male, in look, costumes and emotes) Foggers that we currently have are both genders.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791265  Replies : 69  Views : 1993
posté October 26, 2014, 20:37:17 | #4

Quote (FurmentalAlchemy @ 26 October 2014 18:23) *
Oh, sure... it's just 20% for now. Let me just show this right here so we can see what else Ankama has been considering to include. What about this, pretty much having twice the effect of a Seal of Companionship but without its pesky requirements? That's a far more considerable bonus. True, not everything that shows up on Wakfu-Elements ends up being included in the game, but the same happened with bound items and we ended up having them for token rewards.

+1, we don't need blatant Pay2Win equipment. It's only 20% damage for now, but it already can mean the difference between victory or defeat in a close PvP battle AND sets an ugly precedent. Slippery slopes are logical fallacies... until they aren't anymore.
Awww, you poor thing, you think those are going to be in the game, but when long ago when they first showed up in the data, it was already confirmed that they were there as just test items, and not going to be implemented in the game. It's the same as if you look up any of the other fancy overpowered GM items that have impossible stats. Just because you see it on Elements (as much as that is one of thee best Wakfu sites out there) does not mean it will ever make it in the game. By the way, those costumes with stats you linked have been there for a couple months in the data.

They have stated multiple times that costumes will not have stats ever on the live servers. So this isn't anything you should be getting in a tizzy over.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #790572  Replies : 69  Views : 1993
posté October 22, 2014, 07:57:39 | #5

Not sure how much clearer you want it. It clearly states in the description which Drago it is used for. If paying attention in the slightest, the free Drago in game is called a Dragoturkey, not Drago-Destrier (i.e. the shop one).

And even when they had more labels on it, like on the Obsidian Harness, people still complained that it wasn't clear enough. While this is a step backward as far as pointing it out, it still does it and it does it right above the purchase buttons.

As far as the Non-tradable aspect of it, that is not labeled this time and should be corrected, as all Drago related items in the cash shop has always been Non-tradable. Be it the Steed itself to its Harness'.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - October 22, 2014, 07:59:15.
Thread : News  Preview message : #789319  Replies : 21  Views : 979
posté October 10, 2014, 00:41:04 | #6
Problem with Air at the lower levels is that the Air Combo's require set up of a wall or double to really deal out the damage, thus needing more AP. Without the collision damage, Air is a bit sub par. With it, it's amazing.

Water has plenty of small little combo's, though they're really simple.

At the start, it is really easy to use double Spitfall as it only requires 6ap 2mp, and that MP won't matter as much because of the nice range on the spell. Also as mentioned, if you have an ally or summon your double, you can heal with it. Something that Air cannot do. This will save you on down time and bread.

Fugue can always be used when close for a last hit, say at 8ap, double Spitfall next to the enemy and finish with a Fugue. This can be done quite early in the game as it is simple to get your first 2 extra AP and many enemies stick close to you, so you can use your 3-4mp you would have at that point to do so. Or of course if you have a wall or double out, Fugue'ing away is still one of the highest damage things you can do. You could always also toss out the double in front of you, between an enemy and use yourself as the wall so your double can Fugue without the knockback.

Of course at 8ap, if you have the Burst of Wakfu passive maxed, you can double Spitoon for generally an insta kill off of most things, as with it, you would generate that 2 extra AP needed for the double cast. Then of course at 10ap, you can always double cast it.

Anywho, that's just a couple of the main things you'd be doing. Base damage on water spells is higher than air (without its collision), and other than Fugue, doesn't generally require much set up like air, which is why it is a recommended starting element. That and again, heals.

- Kat

*edit
Oh and for all intents and purposes, the Classic Masq is generally better than the Coward Masq, but at low levels, using a maxed out Coward Masq is very beneficial. It will guarantee an extra MP every dodge allowing low level players to move about enemies much easier with their small MP pool and still be able to cast their MP cost heavy water spells.

Using Air generally requires you to Classtanet over the enemies for set ups, using 2 of your AP on a spell you will generally not want to level. This because of the not so great damage as well as if you level it and jump off allies, you'll hurt them more. This means less AP for your combo's at low levels with Air spells.

This post has been edited by kurokat - October 10, 2014, 00:48:34.
Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #786139  Replies : 146  Views : 9725
posté October 08, 2014, 21:50:15 | #7

Quote (AduroT @ 08 October 2014 10:05) *
Initiative Only determines the beginning? Then what's the point of the Initiative lower spells?
Insane extra damage through Aging.

- Kat

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #785880  Replies : 176  Views : 49140
posté October 06, 2014, 04:24:01 | #8

Quote (Cabran @ 06 October 2014 04:19) *

Quote (Ichiechiechie @ 06 October 2014 04:16) *

Quote (Cabran @ 06 October 2014 04:03) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 06 October 2014 02:01) *
ITT: new people not understanding the joke

That was a joke? I didn't find it funny or even get it ... maybe because Ankama didn't fire Grou, he has transferred to another project within the company, and if it's a better project then it's like he was actually promoted :/
there was an old thread (too lazy to look for it) about arguing which is better; maka wand or tjeebon mallet, because of the lack of decent +range weapons. and Scepter of Wage was the big joke throughout the said thread.

pretty damn funny actually.

oh, an inside-joke.... nm ... then...
I remember that thread, it went on for a couple of weeks. It was of course when the staff still gave a huge reduction in res and res and hp in game were no were near what it is now.

Kept going on like the staff was Gawd's gift to Man. And the like.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #784779  Replies : 20  Views : 671
posté October 06, 2014, 04:21:10 | #9

Quote (jade-harley @ 04 October 2014 03:22) *
What about 1% of star resources respawn? All rare ores, flowers, trees and crops are now almost impossible to get.
It's 10% and they spawn frequently for me. Did some testing on ore and it still shows up about 1 out of 10 times. You are probably just really unlucky.

- Kat

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #784778  Replies : 109  Views : 5732
posté October 06, 2014, 01:08:32 | #10
Optimal XP is when the mob is within 10 levels of your character. The level of the group itself doesn't matter, but the individual monsters. Beyond 10 levels in either direction, the XP starts to drop off. So if you want your friend to catch up, you need to fight creatures that are within his level 55 range, not your 88's. In other words, you will get less XP to help him, as the highest mobs where he will get optimal XP is up to level 65 at this point, while your lowest range is 78. Fight things at his level range, and he will start to level up quite quickly and catch up to you.

Of course Wis modifiers both from challenges and dungeons help, but they help both of you thus the gap would be the same. So disregard it as a way for him to catch up, even though other's mentioned it. Still worth doing, but won't help him catch up unless he has more wisdom than you, and that would only be from gear.

Fighting enemy groups that out number yours also gives an XP multiplier. Thus removing sidekicks from your group so that your party is smaller will also help increase how much XP you are getting.

Remember, always fight things within 10 levels of who wants to level for optimal XP. This was done to slow down powerleveling. This way you cannot drag a low level player to a high level area to leech XP. To power level now, the higher level player needs to sacrifice some of their time to just kill things for the low level player at their optimal XP area, while getting little to no XP in return as those creatures are generally much to low for them.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #784729  Replies : 9  Views : 643
posté October 05, 2014, 08:46:48 | #11
No. If the attack is an AoE, it will always do AoE, even when hitting a single target. This is true for many spells, but there are a couple exceptions, such as Xelor Fire spells changes depending on the Tick or Tock and the Water Masq spell Spitfall is a single target when attacking, but is an AoE when healing as it can rebound, whether it rebounds or not.

- Kat

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #784517  Replies : 146  Views : 9725
posté October 03, 2014, 05:34:08 | #12
Subbing is now call Boosters. So grab a booster pack (30 or 90 day ones are best as the 7 day one has less effects).

- Kat

Thread : News  Preview message : #783793  Replies : 198  Views : 11791
posté October 02, 2014, 09:36:10 | #13
Ah, possibly will give me the push to level out of the 130's that I've been in for the last couple months....

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783420  Replies : 11  Views : 714
posté October 02, 2014, 07:25:08 | #14
Invisibility has so many fun uses and I don't actually use it for the damage part. Raising its level will not only help give it up to 4 range for casting on allies, but it will completely remove the AP cost and lower the WP cost from 3 to 2, making it usable quite often. It is why Mango suggests spending your third Major Point (lvl 125) on getting +2 WP for spamming all the wonderful WP spells the Sram has. With that, possibly a WP boosting item and the wonderful ability to generate 1wp a turn if not every other turn, you shouldn't be running out often.

Invisibility is great now as it actually works. Mobs don't know where you are (unless you were silly and didn't move at least one cell, since they'll try that at least). It is great for sneaking around, avoiding nasty attacks you know are comming. If cast on an enemy, anyone can cast through said enemy as if they are not there, not blocking the line of sight. That is some amazing support as well as the ability to cast it on allies for the same effect you'd get on yourself. Saves lives.

Felfire above is sadly fixated on how the old Sram worked and seems to want it reverted. I however could not agree more and now use my Sram more than ever (it's been a year since I've used her and now she's getting the love and use she deserved and deserves).

Scram, while not being as nice as using your MP Loot, is an amazing team play spell. It allows when cast on an ally to move without being locked. This is something that only the Sidekick Skale could do before for support. And of course it gives them 2 more MP. With a cost of 1ap 1wp, it is pretty much nothing and I've already used it multiple times on myself when I don't have extra MP Loot or even in conjunction with MP Loot to ensure I either reach the enemy or even to sprint away and hide (say I cast invisibility to hide, but forgot I didn't have any MP left, Scram saved my life in such cases in more than one situation).

- Kat

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #783394  Replies : 8  Views : 604
posté October 02, 2014, 07:11:41 | #15
What is the Big Secret?
Found in the Almanax Temple, there is a stack of books that says "The Big Secret" when you move your mouse over it. However you cannot click on it or do anything else to interact with it to my knowledge. It also takes up a space. You can step in all the highlighted cells in the picture above, but not in the cell that contains "The Big Secret".

Anyone know what this is? It's going to bug me know not knowing......

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783391  Replies : 11  Views : 714
posté October 02, 2014, 03:08:47 | #16
Click here

You pretty much want the above linked. This is Mango's Tri-build Sram guide. He was even kind enough to have an alternate spell build in there as well. This build doesn't use traps and is high damage and survivability. Exactly what it sounds like you're looking for. There are also a bunch of discussions in there as well and I recommend browsing through the posts.

Hope that helps a bit (though if you've already seen it, there isn't much more to add).

Also, if you did not know, Mango is a generally respected person around here and if he says something it is generally so. So much so because Ankama has apparently offered him a job as a community manager, though he turned it down as he'd have to move to France. He also streams often on Twitch (his channel located in the Combat Strategy section of the forums and there are some really nice Sram video's showing off both his versions of the Sram build's he lists). In the Twitch, there are often one or two Dev's in his live streams where he asks questions and if other's join in the conversations, the Dev's seem to answer a really nice amount there.

- Kat

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #783334  Replies : 8  Views : 604
posté October 02, 2014, 00:27:35 | #17
You're list is off. Sadida are the only class in the game without a Fire Spell Tree. Also, as mentioned by other's, Osa's while able to do water through their Gobgob, they do not have a Water Spell Tree.

Therefore, Osa's and Eni's, need to be removed from your W/E/A list.

Quote (LoreChief @ 01 October 2014 20:50) *
I think the proof is in the pudding to be honest. Fire is (usually) a very simple element to play, very straight forward, and not much strategy involved.
The predominant builds for the various classes show what people prefer though, so that would be;
  • Feca: Earth/Water
  • Osamodas: Summoner, or Air/Earth Dragon
  • Enutrof: Water OR Earth, very rare to see a Fire Enu even though they are powerful
  • Sram: Water/Air
  • Xelor: Water/Air
  • Ecaflip: Fire
  • Eniripsa: More water healers than anything, but a fair amount of fire and only a few air.
  • Iop: Air/Earth or Tri-brid
  • Cra: Air/Fire or Tri-brid
  • Sadida: N/A
  • Sacrier: Earth/Fire
  • Pandawa: Do people still play this class?
  • Rogue: Earth/Air or Tri-brid
  • Mask: Water/Air or Tri-brid
  • Fogger: Stasis, Stasis-Fire or Stasis-Earth
- Feca: I know little about
- Osa: This seems right
- Enu: That is off. Almost all high end Enu's I know use Fire, almost exclusively because of range, AoE's and high damage.
- Sram: This is kind of true, but I know many that use Fire as their main with Water as the secondary. This is because of how nice Hemo has gotten.
- Xelor: This is off, by far the most used is Fire/Air.
- Eca: Kind of right, Fire is always used with either Earth or Water, if not all 3. Rarely is it alone (though rarely are any builds in this game Mono end game).
- Eni: Fire/Water by far the most common. Very few Air users of any combination.
- Iop: I know little about, though I personally see lots of Fire with Air. Not many Earth.
- Cra: Fire/Air, Earth/Air. Air always seems to be secondary in most cases. Fire/Earths are relatively uncommon to me, though my second in command mains that.
- Sadida: Is that supposed to be a wise crack at the Sadi's? If so, I'm saddened by that Felfire. Anywho, Water/Earth and Water/Air are the most common for Heal/Doll/Shield builds and pure Heal/Doll builds. Not to many go for Air/Earth, as they miss out on the heal's and water specific dolls.
- Sac: Fire/Air is actually what I see the most, though I don't know too much about Sac's, so I'll leave it at that.
- Rogue: I've seen all types. There doesn't seem to be a common one, other than the love of piercing shot in the Earth Tree. Normally Earth with one of the other two.
- Masq: This is correct
- Fogger: Mostly true, but they actually come in all types, Many still like Fire/Earth for ease of use, simple equipment to obtain and it allows them to use more spells from those tree's by forgoing Stasis. Stasis though of course is my personal favorite.

I sadly feel like you're a bit out of touch with things Felfire in some of those comments.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - October 02, 2014, 00:41:01.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783289  Replies : 32  Views : 1335
posté October 01, 2014, 12:36:31 | #18
What bank would even want to set up an outpost in a den of thieves? (calling it this as Riktus aren't "technically" a nation)

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783074  Replies : 10  Views : 467