Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

kurokat's profile
Statistics
1338 Posts (1.21 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 00:55:32 | #1

Quote (Merriden @ 17 December 2014 23:58) *
Ask not what a guild can do for you, but what you can do for a guild.
^ quite this. It really isn't about what they can do for you, but why would they even want to let you join if you're just looking to use them? Guilds to me at least are a place to find like minded people to have a good time with and help each other out here and there (that's a two way thing).

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 18 December 2014 00:40) *
i wouldnt recommend you coming back just yet, ankama have no idea of what direction to take the game, they keep changing everything constantly so, unless u love raging, dont come back.
Yay for negative nancy.

MMO's have bugs. MMO's change. This has been true always with Wakfu as well, yet you are still here as well (at least on the forums). Plenty know how to play without raging including myself (though many of my RL friends speculate whether it is possible for me to ever get angry... I'm a lazy person and I find getting angry a waste of energy).

Personally I still love this game, bugs and all. Of course things could be better, but anything could always be better if you look around. Wakfu is still a unique game and you'll have a hard time finding another MMO like it.

It's quite easy to jump back into and even has a much better and quicker tutorial area to go through now for those that are new or just need a quick refresher.

I'm still always recommending people to play Wakfu for something different, fun and love turn based tactical games.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810889  Replies : 4  Views : 105
posté Today - 00:48:29 | #2

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 18 December 2014 00:37) *
Heartyace, stop embarrasing yourself, you have no idea of what you are talking about, and unless you use multiaccount, im asuming you are pretty new to the game and to ankama(ur characters are lvl 94 iop and lvl 1 sac).

I recomend you reading old threads from the CMs, so you read from their own posts that they are here for us, the community, and sabi didnt even know they removed the lvl 10 respect and moved it to lvl 80... thats just one example... you have never been here when no one posted patch noted and players had to fan-translate them from the french site just to have the CM come one week later posting the same and with mistakes... they just dont care about us or the game, they only care about their 2 months of vacations and being paid (and if im wrong CMs... start proving it).

About the restats.... by what you said, eliotropes should get a respect too, since a crappy spell like portals is less crappy now, since they added no LoS at max lvl... and yes, adding no LoS to a spell, changes A LOT OF ITS GAMEPLAY, there was no reason to max it before, now there is.

But seriously, stop it, you wont get a badge for defending a lost cause.
I'm going to agree with Heartyace here.

As far as Portals go, you may not have thought much on maxing Portal before but there was a reason. Eliotropes have no boostable range spells. So no way to increase the range of your portal casting. Before, to get the final +1 to it's range, you needed to raise it's level to 9. Now they graciously give that last range extentsion at level 6 instead and added a No LoS option at level 9 (so much better), but you cannot honestly think there was "no" reason to max it before. I personally did, range is wonderful and now I have range and no LoS.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810885  Replies : 135  Views : 2480
posté Yesterday - 21:33:34 | #3
That is true. I shall have to change that when I get home for completeness sake but for now:

Spells cast through a Portal

Spells marked that they can be cast through a Portal retain their full range and conditions when cast through a Portal. As such you can think of a portal as its own character. This thinking revolves around that as a spell leaves a Portal it retains its base ranges through no matter how far the caster is from the initial portal (such as Wakmeha has a portal within it's 1-5 linear range, even if that portal is at the 5th cell away, it will then be able to come out a second portal and travel a full 1-5 range from the second portal as if the Eliotrope is standing there).

Casting spells through portals requires a minimum of 2 Portals on the field and the extended range must be coming out of a second Portal. A singular Portal on it's own will not extend it the range of a spell (reasoning is that the spell is entering this Portal, thus it needs a different point of exit).

Whirlwind is the exception to the "extended range" rule for spells that can be cast through a Portal. When coming out of a portal it has a range of 0 (therefore can only be cast directly on the portal). However this is when it gains it's secondary effect increasing its push and turning it into an AoE.

- Kat

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #810816  Replies : 2  Views : 125
posté Yesterday - 20:51:57 | #4
In general, Lifesteal is only worth getting when making use of AoE spells continuously (such as a Fire Cra or Fire Masq).

As mentioned +% Max HP is by far more important at all levels. Biggest reason for that is Heal Resists. Heal Resist is built up based on how much % HP you are healed compared to your Max HP. Therefore you can heal more if you have a higher Max HP. As such, with a low HP base, a small heal will build up a greater amount of Heal Resist than with that same small heal healing someone with a greater HP pool.

- Kat

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #810796  Replies : 28  Views : 1362
posté Yesterday - 11:34:08 | #5

Quote (SupersunZeratul @ 17 December 2014 08:47) *

Quote (Shichirobei @ 17 December 2014 02:55) *
Mayor: 1AP, 1 Range + 40% demage and last, 10% Final resistant.
Ehh, Not so sure about that one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but without any other sources of Final Resistance isn't 10% Final Res essentially only equivalent to +50 Resistance?
Actually that completely depends on your level as resists require more and more to get that sweet sweet Final Resists the more you have. If you did not know, it is an exponential amount. The +10% Final Resists from the Major stat point is added after all your other Final Resists are added, adding a straight +10% to that score. At low levels it won't mean much but it is incredibly powerful at high levels.

- Kat

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #810635  Replies : 5  Views : 258
posté Yesterday - 11:27:38 | #6
Spell Ref For those that want it, this covers 3 elemental branches.

(for easier viewing, right click and select "View Image")

All damages listed are based off of level 200 spells. The ratios between the spells however will be the same no matter what the level. As level 200 shows the greatest difference between spells (yay for bigger numbers) and that "eventually" we will hit that grandiose level 200, this was the reasoning for choosing for the comparison.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 17, 2014, 11:29:58.
Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #810634  Replies : 2  Views : 125
posté Yesterday - 05:43:12 | #7

Quote (Carnviroiasiraed @ 17 December 2014 05:25) *

Quote (Sabi @ 16 December 2014 21:09) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 16 December 2014 20:25) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 16 December 2014 19:07) *
blabl
blablabla

Is it best to give you buggy new content, which will require to either be pulled out or hotfixed many times or new stable content from the start?
Obviously its better to have new stable content, thats the problem, you cant do that... Even doing something not so big, the last hotfix, made the servers so laggy and unstable.. so many people were kicked off at random moments..
Its kinda funny that you people think the content you release is "stable"...

Other example of "stable?" You rework a entire class, panda, make fire branch to be pretty much about scalded state, few weeks after you decide its too powerfull and change it ruining it for many people.. Lol
Yay, misconceptions. The only fire spell to focus scalded was Light my Fire. That is one spell. Not making the whole branch about scalding. (however of course there are other spells like Six Roses in the earth branch that stacks it too nicely). But saying that is all fire was for is kind of silly. If not for Mango's guide and twitch stream, most may have not even noticed it.

As far as lag, I personally have maybe had lag once every couple months. That's hardly any more than any other MMO that exists. So I think they're pretty fine on the stable part. Possibly you just have bad internet? I have one RL buddy/ Guildmate who plays and he has lag, but his computer is a decade old horrid piece of equipment, so that is to be expected when Wakfu is the most graphics intensive thing he can run.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810502  Replies : 21  Views : 973
posté Yesterday - 03:25:00 | #8

Quote (tashlol @ 17 December 2014 03:06) *
Well, atleast I laugh at my own jokes I guess.

Sadly without a preface or indication that it was a joke, I could only take it at face value. Certain types of jokes and especially things like sarcasm do not work online as they require tone. Something that can only be conveyed using one's voice. Of course one can assume things, but that only tends to lead to more mistakes and people jumping to conclusions.

As far as adding more red to the harness, I'm not sure where more would be added looking at it closer. It already has the red ornaments on the antlers along with the red trim on the saddle, the brightly painted toenails and the red and white scarf. Adding much more than that if not done properly may just end up looking like Peta tossed a bucket of paint on it.

On a side note: While I love Christmas and most of its stories, I always wondered about Rudolph. His nose is actually the biggest thing in question. Ignoring the fact that he has a large glowing red nose, the biggest problem is how bright it is. The weather is so bad that Santa cannot see from his sleigh, yet Rudolph, being placed at the front of the pack with his nose so bright, is able to light the way for Santa to be able to see where he is going. For it to really be that bright, Rudolph himself would be blind as it would be like having a halogen lamp being shown in your eyes 24/7.

- Kat

Thread : News  Preview message : #810450  Replies : 25  Views : 411
posté Yesterday - 03:04:43 | #9

Quote (tashlol @ 17 December 2014 02:48) *

Quote (kurokat @ 17 December 2014 01:21) *

Quote (tashlol @ 17 December 2014 01:06) *
Red nose or bust.
I wouldn't want a large tumor on my drago's nose, thank you.

The kwismas blinking lights that other's have mentioned would be a nice touch if they were not done to gaudy.

- Kat
If you think a nose is a tumor then I would suggest getting yours removed ASAP.
I'm sorry, what? I didn't say a nose was a tumor, I implied that Rudolph's red nose was the cause of a tumor. I did say that I don't want a tumor on my drago's nose, not that it shouldn't have a nose. If you have problems understanding simple sentences, I would suggest taking a refresher course on reading comprehension.

- Kat

Thread : News  Preview message : #810439  Replies : 25  Views : 411
posté Yesterday - 01:51:50 | #10
It will always say "low population" on the server log in screen. There is nothing to gage that by as we have no idea what "high population" is. They've never said.

As far as it looking a bit dead, this would be because of your lower level. People sadly skip over lots of content in favor of power leveling. I personally like to take my time and go through the dungeons as some are quite amuzing.

In other words, to find people you find them on the lvl 100+ islands. The higher the level you get the more and more people you find. It's just that in the nations themselves, which is the 20-60 or so range of levels, you don't always find too many people unless it's during higher traffic hours.

So it is kind of just you, kind of not. I've personally never had a problem finding people and I play after midnight (because of working 2nd shift). When I used to be able to get on earlier, there were even more people on during more standard hours.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810388  Replies : 12  Views : 407
posté Yesterday - 01:21:07 | #11

Quote (tashlol @ 17 December 2014 01:06) *
Red nose or bust.
I wouldn't want a large tumor on my drago's nose, thank you.

The kwismas blinking lights that other's have mentioned would be a nice touch if they were not done to gaudy.

- Kat

Thread : News  Preview message : #810380  Replies : 25  Views : 411
posté Yesterday - 00:01:45 | #12

Quote (kurokat @ 24 April 2014 00:34) *
=========================================================

NOTES ON MAX SPELL LEVELS

As far as how many spells you can max, it goes as follows:

Mono Element
- Able to max 4 spells in a single element. (Total of 4 maxed spells.)

Duo Element
- Able to max 3 spells in one element and 2 spells in a second element. (Total of 5 maxed spells.)

Tri Element
- Able to max 2 spells in all 3 elemental trees. (Total of 6 maxed spells.)

The above only works on maxing that many if you have EXACTLY zero levels in all other spells. This is not something, at lest that I know of, that any one will do as it is nice to have access to your other spells incase of need of one that say, helps with movement or positioning (thus not needing to be maxed but a level needed to use). Therefore, normally one of those total maxed spells will be a level short to be able to put a level in everything else.

=========================================================

- Kat

Yay for quoting myself.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810352  Replies : 2  Views : 105
posté December 16, 2014, 20:53:48 | #13
Exactly what I just posted =^.^=

Thus when going for stats, instead of like other classes, after maxing out crits and then splitting the rest between crit dmg and backstab, you're better off pumping it all into crit dmg as you can crit when attacking through portals, so that way you benefit from it. Of if you're a berserker style build, you can do half crit dmg, half berserk dmg, or just go full in berserk dmg.

- Kat

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #810288  Replies : 12  Views : 543
posté December 16, 2014, 20:26:14 | #14

Quote (Dy7 @ 12 December 2014 22:14) *
Hello,

A spell cast through a portal always causes unoriented damage (= damage from front) and distance damage.

No backstab through portals. Or even sidestab. This was posted by Dy7 found here in a question asked on the Beta server section.

So getting Backstab say from stats on an Elio won't really be worth it unless you're going through the portal yourself to deliver a backstab. As stated, attacking through the portal will always result in unoriented/frontstab damage.

- Kat

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #810282  Replies : 12  Views : 543
posté December 16, 2014, 05:11:57 | #15

Quote (Whiterummy @ 16 December 2014 03:34) *

Quote (LolinhaLove @ 16 December 2014 03:20) *
Every John Nobody can play it now.
What on earth is the point of making a class so needlessly complicated that only a few people would ever want to play it? It sounds like you want to cause more damage to the class then actually help it.
^ This so much. It was so hard to find Panda's before. The were always useful because of their tossing abilities, but with how the skills worked with each other (as in didn't) and the general awkwardness of it, many many didn't play it. Now we can actually find Panda's to party with as more can play it. That is a good thing in every sense of the way. You can still make it needlessly complicated yourself in your build if you'd like to prove you are a special snowflake.

Quote (WwhitekrowW @ 16 December 2014 03:40) *
I'd argue the old panda was just more awkward to play than more difficult.
^ As well as this.

Kookiemonsta already pointed out a handful of the improvements. To add to that:

7. Elemental branches can actually be used with each other. Which is something that ALL classes are being set up for. Synergy between the elements is a good thing and allows for more variety instead of only being able to use some spells because that's all that works with each other (such as the old panda).
8. (well, more on points 5-6) is that the new trifecta of Merry states each have their own benefit and if you know how to use them well, you can gains some decent stats when needed. Much better thought out than, oh, you drunk too much and now are useless for the rest of the fight. Doesn't work so well when the further in the game you get, the longer the fights tend to get.
9. Dizzy stacks and the new triggering methods are much nicer than before and allow for more control of when the effects occur.

@LolinhaLove specifically. The only thing that is is has been nerfed is the Scalding mechanic, pretty much reverting it back to the way it was before. Yes, that means it is relatively useless then, but you've only had the mechanic so over powered for what, 2 weeks? And that is not a panda thing, but on the mechanic itself for all classes with Scalding. Other than that, nothing else has been nerfed that I can find. So please explain how things are being nerfed constantly?

- Kat

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #809844  Replies : 21  Views : 1029
posté December 16, 2014, 00:26:51 | #16
I'm fine with it being tradable as someone would have to buy it for ogrines anyway. So either way, Ankama would be getting their money.

I do however thing that what the OP is asking for is silly. Why now when, as so may have mentioned before, it is so very very buggy? Would you honestly be happy with paying for something that didn't work just so you could have it now, only causing you either to not be able to use it or even worse, not be able to play at all?

I personally am quite content waiting till hopefully at least 95% of the bugs are ironed out.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #809775  Replies : 40  Views : 1261
posté December 14, 2014, 19:07:27 | #17
Not really, you do know that is what Air spells are for. Sac's can stick to people like no ones business with their pulls and pushes and with the standard 6mp near endgame (7 if you're not doing a 12ap build) that brings you down to 4. In most cases, you can grab anyone from anywhere. Especially in 1v1 because of the smaller maps. They really normally cannot.

- Kat

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #809173  Replies : 4  Views : 325
posté December 14, 2014, 17:29:20 | #18

Quote (sema2222 @ 14 December 2014 17:13) *
I do not praise crismes I am a Muslim >
Shouldn't matter as this is not Christmas, but Kwismas. Pronounced the same but in the world of Wakfu there is no Christianity or Muslim. It is a whole different world and Krosmos (see, not even the same universe).

Also as far as Christmas goes, in many countries it has nothing to do with religion anymore. In Japan, it is mainly seen actually as a romantic holiday to spend with the one you cherish the most. It's actually a more romatic holiday than almost any other there. There is still Santa and gift giving too, but Santa has never had anything to do with religion and is just a fat man in a suit giving presents. Oh, and Christmas cakes are an insanely big thing there too. Not to say there are no Christians there, but it's not generally seen as a religious holiday and everyone celebrates it.

That's really all there is too it here too. It's about the presents, the snow, the pretty lights and the whole jolly spirit of the thing. No need to get religion involved at all. It's just Kwismas =^.^=

- Kat

Thread : News  Preview message : #809157  Replies : 47  Views : 1117
posté December 14, 2014, 15:37:13 | #19
Hmm, sad day then. I wouldn't mind it being down to 1 turn for upkeep as 2 turns is a bit too much leeway. 1 is balanced enough that you just need to keep them from reapplying it one turn to get rid of it.

- Kat

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #809133  Replies : 36  Views : 1865
posté December 14, 2014, 14:03:41 | #20

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 14 December 2014 13:24) *
You should consider not nerfing Scalded like this, the strategic aspect of this state is that you can trigger it whenever you want, making it a reliable tool in some situations, specially for corpse explosion. I, however, agree that it is currently a bit overpowered, but why wouldn't you simply restrict it's levels? 300 levels of scalded is far from being overpowered, I would even consider 400. However, a state that lasts 1 turn is really a step behind in the development of the class.
Not tested this myself not having a panda, but with it only lasting one turn, can you still apply it each turn to upkeep the state? If so, then it works like hemmorage in that you only need at least one hit a turn for it to not fall off instead of right now you'd only need to hit every other turn at more (when not trying to build it up). So wouldn't this still be fine and still allow for the same corpse explosion build? Just with a bit more upkeep needed on the target/s.

Unless I'm mistaken on how this works.

- Kat

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #809098  Replies : 36  Views : 1865