Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

kurokat's profile
Statistics
1383 Posts (1.24 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 00:43:18 | #1

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 22 December 2014 23:07) *
The earthquake damage should take into account the posibility to actually hit enemy.
To simplify it the earthquake may:
a) hit enemy (best output)
b) hit you and enemy (no progress)
c) hit nobody (negative output)
d) hit just you (worst output)

Or maybe rather based on the amount of possible target cells the chance to hit enemy will be based on their number. If only 1 middle cell is available , the propability is 100%, but you also suffer 100% of dmg in same time. If there are 3 cells available, the propability is either 50% (if enemy is exactly 3 cell in line to you) or ~34%. The further the enemy the less chance that he will be hit, so the avarage dmg ratio would be still low.

p.s. btw Earthquake and manifold bramble are circle of 2 not cross of 2 aoe.
I shall fix that right away (the AoE on Earthquake and Manifold Bramble). Silly mistake for a long time Sadida player to make... the shame....

Anywho, on Earthquakes damages, if you start getting into "what if" scenario's it can go on for good. As there can be anywhere from 1 to, while not infinite, a vary large number of cells. Since if there is anything, be it a wall or other obstacle directly in the center of where an Earthquake could pop, it won't.

You could then say that is the same reason you don't see all the "what if" scenario's with every AoE spell. Since you could then calculate it's worth for hitting one or multiple enemies. How much it would deal if it was to hit an ally as well.

In the end, the damage calculations are the same. Whether or not you take 75 damage per AP/MP, the enemy if hit, will still take 75 damage per AP/MP. Therefore it really isn't a negative output as the output is still the same. You just sadly are taking some backlash.

(Sadly I cannot look or fix my charts at work as they block most image sites here....)

- Kat

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #813725  Replies : 3  Views : 122
posté Yesterday - 22:33:23 | #2
Make keys, run dungeons, make more keys.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #813685  Replies : 8  Views : 124
posté Yesterday - 22:30:34 | #3
Adding to the queue =^.^=

- Kat

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #813683  Replies : 6  Views : 195
posté Yesterday - 20:32:44 | #4
Can do. Going to do them in the order they are asked though, so Delaz's request for a Sacrier one is next up.

- Kat

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #813627  Replies : 6  Views : 195
posté Yesterday - 20:28:01 | #5

Quote (Konstin @ 22 December 2014 15:19) *
Ethereal Burst wrong dmg/ap. it give 75 dmg per 2 ap, so average will be 37,5
And that is where I'm going to have to dissagree with you.

My column lists Damage per AP/MP. The MP that you left out is important. In fact, MP is, as Kiku mentioned above, generally treated by Ankama as worth more than AP because you are allowed only at 7 max (6 for most people's builds) and it constricts your movement when you use it. I'm making it simpler by just having AP=MP so that the calculations are easier to understand.

Your calculation only works if you completely ignore the MP cost on the spell which is boosting its damage. Again, that also does not work or what would you do about the classes that have spells that cost only MP? Would you consider those to be free spells all the time? No you would not. Remember, you need MP to get into position to cast a spell as well, especially so with line cast spells. Run out and you cannot even cast it.

Therefore, there is no mistake in that regard.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 22, 2014, 20:29:46.
Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #813621  Replies : 21  Views : 780
posté Yesterday - 10:30:43 | #6
Can do, about to go to sleep but will get to it either tomorrow or the next day.

- Kat

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #813386  Replies : 6  Views : 195
posté Yesterday - 10:24:32 | #7
If you are a fan of the first 3 Stasis Spells as your main ones the Emiw Set (boots, ring, ammy, bp) has 110% Distance and 110% Single-Target damage. As long as the target then is 3 or more cells away, that set boosts your Stasis Mastery by 220% which is absolutely insane. If they do get into close range, it is still a 110% boost from the Single-Target mastery.

The Empelol set, which is still a great set, since its damage is 129% in 3 elements, that boosts your Stasis Mastery by 129% (as long of course as those 3 elements are all your highest elements). This of course is a benefit if you are using Stasis Strike and Aynaloxide since those don't really benefit as much from the Emiw Set (though Stasis strike still gets the 110% of distance that it offers, nothing for Aynaloxide at all though), however, you can see how much more potentially, when the conditions are right, that the Emiw Set can do.

Also yes, Air is the best 3rd choice element. You want 100% in Water, but any more than that is a waste of stats that could be going to something else. The biggest reason for that is the Fogginator. Even if you do not use the Earth spells, that 100% is converted into Earth damage. Since Earth is boosted, having Earth, Air, and Fire as your top 3, it boosts your averages, increasing your Stasis Mastery by 33.33% and giving you the 1ap less costs to the Stasis Spells. Of course the reasoning for the two highest elements being Earth and Fire is because of the Fogger actually having spells in those elements. Earth also effects blockades too, which is a big part of being a Fogger. On top of that, you should have 1 spell at a high level in both Earth and Fire if you use Motherfogger since the highest spell in those elements determins the Fire and Earth spell level when using the Motherfogger. I normally recommend those two spells to be Stomp and Steampalm. While for Stasis using the first 3. At least that is what my Foggers 5 spells are in it's 3/1/1 build.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 22, 2014, 10:30:05.
Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #813384  Replies : 5  Views : 111
posté Yesterday - 09:06:07 | #8
Stasis damage used to be like that. It's much nicer now

Instead of taking all 4 masteries and dividing by 4, you take only your 3 highest masteries and divide by 3. This means you can completely neglect one element. This happened when they removed most general damage gear and made Tri-Element gear prominent.

Damage gained from stasis spells into your stasis mastery is also done a bit different from normal spells mastery in that you gain half the amount. This means you can still use the Set Builder on Wakfu-Elements to see how much mastery you would gain, just take that number on the stasis column and divide by two before adding it to your stasis mastery found from the above highest 3 masteries divided by 3 that was mentioned.

Another great thing about the item revamp that happened is that Secondary Masteries (AoE, Single, Ranged, CC, Berserk) are directly added to the Stasis Mastery when it applies (meaning if using the Distance secondary mastery, as long as the target is 3 or more spells from the caster, it will add directly to the Stasis mastery without any of the averaging you normally need to do when calculating the Stasis Mastery).

Gear wise, use Tri-Element gear for best results. Depending on your build, you can start focusing on Secondary Masteries as well, but as that stat is not normally the focus of the item and if the Secondary Mastery doesn't fit every one of the spells in your build, it is generally better to use Elemental Mastery. For a breakdown of spells, here is a Spell Ref sheet to look at.

- Kat

*edit
In the picture at the bottom this post in this thread. The thread is old and I believe some of the numbers have changed slightly, but it still covers how the Foggernaut works since it's revamp. I highly suggest checking it out. Or at least, again, the picture at the bottom of the linked post.

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 22, 2014, 09:14:05.
Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #813341  Replies : 5  Views : 111
posté Yesterday - 08:24:04 | #9
Spell Ref Spreadsheets by Blackkat Here are links to Spell Ref Spreadsheets that I have made for a couple classes.

Just posting them in case anyone would like to use them.

If you find them helpful and would like to see another class' made up in the same way, just ask.

Sadida

Foggernaut

Eliotrope

Masqueraider

Osamodas

Sacrier - Coming Soon

Sram - Coming Soon

Pandawa - Coming Soon

Ecaflip - Comming Soon

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 22, 2014, 22:31:24.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #813334  Replies : 6  Views : 195
posté Yesterday - 08:13:03 | #10
Spell Ref This was made quickly at the request of Kikuihimonji.

(for easier viewing, right click and select "View Image")

All damages listed are based off of level 200 spells. The ratios between the spells however will be the same no matter what the level. As level 200 shows the greatest difference between spells (yay for bigger numbers) and that "eventually" we will hit that grandiose level 200, this was the reasoning for choosing for the comparison.

Extra note: While I really like the Osamodas in design and normally I love playing characters that capture and control mobs, I do not play one. Therefore if there are any corrections one would like to make to this chart, just let me know. I am more than happy to fix mistakes. Please be kind.

- Kat

List of other Spell Ref Spreadsheets here.

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 22, 2014, 08:25:57.
Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #813330  Replies : 3  Views : 133
posté Yesterday - 04:45:41 | #11
Vaporize is used all the time. The thing that people say and most agree with, is to not level it as it's level has nothing to do with making the Greedies or controlling dolls. So again, it's not that you shouldn't use the spell, it's just better not to level it and level more useful spells such as Mudoll and Drain, which have much greater uses and ratios.

Bramble is normally recommended over Manifold Bramble because of the ranges and MP removal. On top of that, the biggest reason is the AP cost of the spell. It is much easier to use in combos. Manifold Bramble as I've mentioned before, works well, but really doesn't fit as well with combo's unless you have a 12ap build (which you need to wait till you have the exotic AP Epic and Relic to support that). Bramble also, because it is a single target attack, has a higher base damage to help kill things quicker. Oh, and lastly, some newer players seem to have problems with friendly fire as they seem to play with people that are not familiar with the AoE, which puts them in situations where they cannot hit the enemy with the spell without hitting an ally (that is quite avoidable though if you play with a team that is used to the large AoE). Ah, another thing of course is that it because of Manifold Bramble's low base damage, if you do not hit multiple enemies, it generally isn't worth it (you really need to hit 3 or more enemies for the AP cost to even out, since you could say if only hitting two targets, hit two targets each with a mudoll cast and you'll be dealing more damage, so again, not cost efficient unless 3 or more targets).

Rust is a pretty awful spell. Such a horrid Damage to AP/MP ratio. Seriously, it is one of the worst in the game (Gust does even less, but has the utility of a push and can place intoxicated state if built for that, though don't lvl that and just use it for utility). Even when used for boosting your dolls, the damage it can boost isn't that great unless you level the doll. This would be because of the low base damage on the dolls attacks and the fact that they can only attack once. In the end, you are better off attacking yourself with other spells to cover the damage, or support with healing. I can do the math for you on when it would be worth using, but in general, it isn't. You really need 4 or more targets (being enemies or dolls to get boosts) to break even. Really not worth it when Drain and Mudoll are vastly superior. Both in damage and utility. Since you can only take 2-3 spells when doing a duo or tri element build, Rust and Vaporize are avoided because of this. Only for a Mono build where you can take 4 spells, is it worth to it (I was a Mono-Water Sadi for over a year and a half, it is worth it below level 120, but after that you really need duo or tri to be able to deal with the Water resistant enemies) Water spells are generally rated from best to worst to level; Mudoll > Drain > Tear > Rust > Vaporize.

- Kat

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #813268  Replies : 11  Views : 441
posté Yesterday - 04:29:40 | #12
Sure.

- Kat

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #813260  Replies : 21  Views : 780
posté Yesterday - 00:32:44 | #13
Spell Ref This was originally posted in another long thread. For easier reference, this new topic was made.

All damages listed are based off of level 200 spells. The ratios between the spells however will be the same no matter what the level. As level 200 shows the greatest difference between spells (yay for bigger numbers) and that "eventually" we will hit that grandiose level 200, this was the reasoning for choosing for the comparison.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 22, 2014, 08:25:46.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #813198  Replies : 3  Views : 122
posté December 21, 2014, 20:46:37 | #14

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 21 December 2014 18:06) *

Quote (kurokat @ 20 December 2014 19:52) *

So now there are three made so far: Fogger, Sadi, Elio and I supposed a soon to be Masq one now.

Links please? I can't find them xD
Both of those actually did not have their own thread, but were posted in response to others (actually I believe the Sadida one was posted in response loooong ago to one of your threads Kiku), but I'm reuploading them now.

For now, here is the Fogger one.

The Sadida one will be uploaded again later today in its own thread as well, just adding the Dolls' spells to it as well as that was not included in the original post.

- Kat

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #813116  Replies : 21  Views : 780
posté December 21, 2014, 19:41:33 | #15
Spell Ref This was originally posted in another long thread. For easier reference, this new topic was made.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 22, 2014, 08:26:07.
Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #813100  Replies : 0  Views : 92
posté December 21, 2014, 18:15:57 | #16
I can add that to the chart for reference sake.

Added.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - December 21, 2014, 19:34:02.
Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #813083  Replies : 3  Views : 155
posté December 21, 2014, 08:16:42 | #17
You have relatively 30% less xp and kama from fights and 10% or so less drops.

Buying a booster brings it back up to normal rates from when the game was subscription based.

Only major restriction for not having a Booster, is that you do not have access to the latest area added to the game, but you can do everything else (oh, except voting too, to stop people from just spamming votes on alts).

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #812949  Replies : 6  Views : 305
posté December 21, 2014, 07:11:39 | #18

Quote (AduroT @ 21 December 2014 06:11) *

Quote (OhhTC @ 21 December 2014 05:55) *
So I've just purchased 5,000 oG and no such luck with receiving the costume. I've never had issues in the past receiving the gifts (Al Howin Harness, etc.) but this time it fell through. I'm tempted to purchase a larger oG amount to see if it rectifies the issue, but I find it bollocks that it hasn't cleared.

And this was done hours ago, so it's not like I'm in the "please allow 30 minutes for your funds to allocate accordingly" phase.
You need to buy 5000 Ogrines worth of stuff, not 5000 Ogrines themselves.
Yup, it's spending Ogrines, not purchasing Ogrines that gets you the costume.

- Kat

Thread : News  Preview message : #812931  Replies : 41  Views : 789
posté December 21, 2014, 02:11:01 | #19
I have now tested. Sent a friend the Kwismas Drago-steed mount set (8000 ogrines), he was the one to receive the costume.

I also bought 7000 ogrine order for myself and recieved the costume.

THE COSTUME WILL NOT SHOW UP UNTIL YOU FINALIZE THE PURCHASE..

- Kat

Thread : News  Preview message : #812819  Replies : 41  Views : 789
posté December 21, 2014, 00:52:01 | #20
It's the icon in the upper right that looks like a blue and yellow present.

- Kat

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #812774  Replies : 7  Views : 100