Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

deadcafe's profile
Statistics
120 Posts (0.16 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté December 17, 2014, 14:36:36 | #1
[Known] Game Freezes Loading Sidekicks I'm using your Linux client. When I hit 'k' to load the sidekicks management window, my entire game freezes. Solid. All animations stop. The windows stop painting. I can't even close it. I have to kill the process. I've reinstalled the entire game, it still freezes.

I sure hate spending on money on sidekicks and not being able to use them. Please fix.

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - December 18, 2014, 17:17:15.
Reason for edit : Added status
Thread : 1.39 Bug Reports  Preview message : #810686  Replies : 3  Views : 124
posté December 05, 2014, 11:46:22 | #2

Quote (Brokonaut @ 04 December 2014 10:48) *
The truth is, I wanted a design that allowed you to skip certain dungeon rooms by using the treasure artifacts (Anti-Excarnal Totem, Woyal Bow of Pwodding, etc). It would work like skipping rooms, because by owning these treasures you essentially prove to the game that you're at least a certain level.

So for example, having the Anti-Excarnal Totem would let you skip to the third room of Gobball Dungeon immediately by passing through a spectral passage. Or the Woyal Bow of Pwodding would open up a secret tunnel that went from the first room of Ambassador's Wing to the third.

• Mango
The flaw in this is that it upsets the economy by making items too easy to get. The three keys approach keeps a better balance and provides the other perks I mentioned.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #805042  Replies : 12  Views : 415
posté December 05, 2014, 11:40:33 | #3
I wish you would be specific. I had the same reaction at first. But I've invested a lot of thought in this and have found no significant issues.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #805040  Replies : 5  Views : 284
posté December 04, 2014, 10:37:10 | #4

Quote (Viliax @ 04 December 2014 10:31) *
Even better:

"Skip-to-Boss Potion" for only 500 ogrines

This is not as good because it's pay-to-win.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #804602  Replies : 12  Views : 415
posté December 04, 2014, 10:33:58 | #5
Feature Request: Half AP passed on missed turn When you miss a turn, whether because of a disconnect or a user error, it really hurts the whole team. It also hurts when a player has nothing he can do on his turn because of the tactical situation (e.g., waiting for the last two brrrbli pigs to stop standing next each other).

I propose a minor new feature be added to ease the sting: when a player or sidekick's turn ends before that player has used all of his APs, then half of the remaining APs are granted to the next player or sidekick in initiative order.

(Minor points of clarification: Summons would neither give nor receive APs via this feature. If you lose your APs or turn from an in-game effect, like being stunned, they are still lost. APs are only passed if you voluntarily give them up.)

Because the amount of APs received is halved each time they are passed, I believe it will be difficult to abuse this. If everyone passed their turn but you, you'd still only get about 10 APs. That's hardly a huge recompense when you're effectively soloing the dungeon. 99% of the time, the best tactical choice will be to spend your APs not pass them.

In a power-leveling situation, this feature would allow the weaker player to aid the one power-leveling him. However, I don't see this as greatly unbalancing and it does allow the weaker player to feel like they are contributing more and leeching less.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #804601  Replies : 5  Views : 284
posté December 04, 2014, 10:15:02 | #6
Feature Request: New Dungeon Entrance Option With the addition of easy and hardcore options to dungeon entrances, I propose an additional option be provided: skip straight to the boss fight at the cost of 3 keys.

Why won't people choose this option all the time? Because they won't have the keys. A player who skips to boss gets only 1/4 as many key mats as they normally would and will be spending keys 3x as fast. So, they will quickly run out of keys using this option repeatedly. However, if you have been grinding the dungeon a lot and have extra keys it's a nice reward for your efforts.

Furthermore, an option like this will encourage more players to fight mobs because mobs drop keys. More players fighting mobs means a greater diversity of players of different levels will have more opportunities to play together.

Finally, a system like this will increase the value of keys which means greater income for players who are leveling on mobs and players who take the time to invest in the handyman profession.

It's win-win-win as far as I can tell. How about it, Ankama?

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #804592  Replies : 12  Views : 415
posté October 13, 2014, 01:49:18 | #7
Whenever I have linux install problems I wipe everything and reinstall. It also often helps if you use the Java provided by Ankama rather than the one installed on your system. Have you done that?

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #786929  Replies : 10  Views : 702
posté October 12, 2014, 23:39:37 | #8
Roman:

I think it would be helpful to whomever at ankama see this if you told them:
1. What operating system you are using. (It looks like Windows 7 from your error message.)
2. Which installer you used (steam or direct from the website)?

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #786902  Replies : 2  Views : 135
posté October 12, 2014, 23:37:17 | #9
This has happened to me and others before. I assume you tried relogging and also tried logging from a different machine? If they are still gone after they at they are probably irrevocably gone. It's a rare, but known, bug. No sign of a fix. The inability to recover characters is, imho, the worst "bug" in this game.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #786900  Replies : 6  Views : 314
posté July 08, 2014, 22:12:15 | #10
Making this easier upsets the economy. Besides, they already made it easier with major cat.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #752262  Replies : 4  Views : 325
posté June 03, 2014, 20:14:48 | #11
Umm...someone please explain?  

Thread : The Animated Series  Preview message : #740525  Replies : 6  Views : 1955
posté May 13, 2014, 22:18:39 | #12
I've come to the conclusion that crits are a bad investment. I did the spreadsheet thing as well and that's argument enough by itself. But what really seals the deal is randomness of crits. A lot of times, crits come when you don't need them. Damage is reliable and that lets you be more efficient with your AP use.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731303  Replies : 31  Views : 1414
posté May 13, 2014, 22:14:02 | #13
I'm still angry with coneys for their behavior when they were AI controlled.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731301  Replies : 59  Views : 2281
posté May 13, 2014, 21:56:13 | #14
I recommend you read the OP's post but
- replace "item" with "money"
- replace "Ankama" with "the government"
- replace "play" with "work" (and vice versa)
then assume he's talking about the real world. You get something like:

Why is money so hard to get?! Only people who can work 8 hours per day can get money. It's not fair to those of us who do not work?! Why can't we just get more money? The government should just give everyone lots of money.

I would respectfully encourage the OP to learn a little about economics and reconsider what he is asking for. Also, learning a little about probability would be helpful too.

I *do* miss the dungeon token system that Ankama had in place until about a year ago. That way, even if you run Black Spore dungeon 200 times and don't drop that Mushmantle you're craving you can still buy it for 200 tokens. Even though the tokens don't really improve the drop rate they gave you a sense of comfort knowing that you would get that item eventually one way or another.

A nice alternative would be to make it be possible to craft any item in the game. It may be that you need 10000 fungus strips to craft a mushmantle but at least you can get a tangible sense of progress toward an item each time you ran the dung.

This post has been edited by deadcafe - May 13, 2014, 22:09:23.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731293  Replies : 37  Views : 1998
posté May 06, 2014, 20:39:29 | #15
I personally think the "Bugfu" jokes are out of line. Any large software program is going to be rife with bugs and Ankama's ability to keep up with them certainly could be better but it's not bad. Bugs that are rare and hard to fix are often left alone in favor of new content and easy-to-fix, ubiquitous bugs. That just makes good sense...most of the time.

When a bug is severe enough or your customers are becoming too aware of it, you have to knuckle under and fix them. This is where Ankama is being short-sighted. The bottom line is that customer support is expensive. So by making customer service poor they save a lot of money...in the short term.

Ankama has been making short-sighted decisions about customer care for so long that the long term costs are catching up with them. The Bugfu jokes illustrate that well. Judging from the amount and quality of items on the markets, the server population is clearly in decline and has been since about February. This latest inventory loss bug is only serving to underscore the problem.

The OP asked us to be constructive so I say: It's really not too late to save this situation. To fix it, Ankama *must* greatly improve customer care and responsiveness. There must be an obvious connection between player feedback and company action. And the company must market their new success in this area so everyone knows about it. It will cost the company a lot of money. There is no getting around that.

For what it's worth, a good example of Ankama doing something right is Majorcat/Cap'n Atcha. Players complained about bots and the company responded. It is possible to do something right and do it well. Alas these incidents are pretty infrequent.

Overall, I don't think customer care is going to improve much. The most sensible thing for Ankama to do from a business sense is to run this game into the ground until they can't squeeze any more money out of it and then dump it for some new game. Alas, I think that is all but inevitable.

And what a shame because Wakfu is something special not just because the game is excellent (because really it is) but also because the community is excellent. At least on Nox it is. The good guy to asshole ratio is the highest I've seen by far and, ultimately, that's why I keep coming back.

TL;DR: We need to just accept the fact that improving customer care doesn't make good business sense for Ankama.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #727249  Replies : 1  Views : 258
posté May 03, 2014, 00:29:24 | #16
More?! O.O

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #724363  Replies : 3  Views : 357
posté May 03, 2014, 00:28:40 | #17
I like the cap, the lock and drop rates just as they are. If I would change anything it would be to allow you to exceed the cap with the PP bonus from challs and candies.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #724361  Replies : 21  Views : 1020
posté May 03, 2014, 00:22:09 | #18
Gosh there was this one guy about 6 months ago who dropped a solomonk, sold it almost immediately and then made a big deal about what a win that was for him. Can't quite remember who it was...  

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #724359  Replies : 2  Views : 192
posté May 01, 2014, 22:45:08 | #19
The Worst Bug in Wakfu Of all the bugs in the game, which ONE do you think is the worst? I'm thinking that if the devs see where our priorities are, maybe they will start putting more emphasis on the right bugs.

My worst:
Click here

There is nothing that sucks quite so much as having your character wiped by accident. I've lost too many good friends because they don't have the heart to start over. Who can blame them?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #723913  Replies : 10  Views : 805
posté April 30, 2014, 07:09:42 | #20
Clearly "oops, here's your stuff back" isn't enough anymore. Please Ankama, Star is the lifeblood of our guild. Do right by her. I think a complete restoration and public apology from someone with authority (not just Sabi) is the minimum you can do here. Star is one of the best players you have on any server. She deserves better.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #723155  Replies : 16  Views : 1190