Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

deadcafe's profile
Statistics
111 Posts (0.18 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 08, 2014, 22:12:15 | #1
Making this easier upsets the economy. Besides, they already made it easier with major cat.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #752262  Replies : 4  Views : 214
posté June 03, 2014, 20:14:48 | #2
Umm...someone please explain?  

Thread : The Animated Series  Preview message : #740525  Replies : 6  Views : 461
posté May 13, 2014, 22:18:39 | #3
I've come to the conclusion that crits are a bad investment. I did the spreadsheet thing as well and that's argument enough by itself. But what really seals the deal is randomness of crits. A lot of times, crits come when you don't need them. Damage is reliable and that lets you be more efficient with your AP use.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731303  Replies : 31  Views : 1084
posté May 13, 2014, 22:14:02 | #4
I'm still angry with coneys for their behavior when they were AI controlled.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731301  Replies : 59  Views : 1695
posté May 13, 2014, 21:56:13 | #5
I recommend you read the OP's post but
- replace "item" with "money"
- replace "Ankama" with "the government"
- replace "play" with "work" (and vice versa)
then assume he's talking about the real world. You get something like:

Why is money so hard to get?! Only people who can work 8 hours per day can get money. It's not fair to those of us who do not work?! Why can't we just get more money? The government should just give everyone lots of money.

I would respectfully encourage the OP to learn a little about economics and reconsider what he is asking for. Also, learning a little about probability would be helpful too.

I *do* miss the dungeon token system that Ankama had in place until about a year ago. That way, even if you run Black Spore dungeon 200 times and don't drop that Mushmantle you're craving you can still buy it for 200 tokens. Even though the tokens don't really improve the drop rate they gave you a sense of comfort knowing that you would get that item eventually one way or another.

A nice alternative would be to make it be possible to craft any item in the game. It may be that you need 10000 fungus strips to craft a mushmantle but at least you can get a tangible sense of progress toward an item each time you ran the dung.

This post has been edited by deadcafe - May 13, 2014, 22:09:23.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731293  Replies : 37  Views : 1494
posté May 06, 2014, 20:39:29 | #6
I personally think the "Bugfu" jokes are out of line. Any large software program is going to be rife with bugs and Ankama's ability to keep up with them certainly could be better but it's not bad. Bugs that are rare and hard to fix are often left alone in favor of new content and easy-to-fix, ubiquitous bugs. That just makes good sense...most of the time.

When a bug is severe enough or your customers are becoming too aware of it, you have to knuckle under and fix them. This is where Ankama is being short-sighted. The bottom line is that customer support is expensive. So by making customer service poor they save a lot of money...in the short term.

Ankama has been making short-sighted decisions about customer care for so long that the long term costs are catching up with them. The Bugfu jokes illustrate that well. Judging from the amount and quality of items on the markets, the server population is clearly in decline and has been since about February. This latest inventory loss bug is only serving to underscore the problem.

The OP asked us to be constructive so I say: It's really not too late to save this situation. To fix it, Ankama *must* greatly improve customer care and responsiveness. There must be an obvious connection between player feedback and company action. And the company must market their new success in this area so everyone knows about it. It will cost the company a lot of money. There is no getting around that.

For what it's worth, a good example of Ankama doing something right is Majorcat/Cap'n Atcha. Players complained about bots and the company responded. It is possible to do something right and do it well. Alas these incidents are pretty infrequent.

Overall, I don't think customer care is going to improve much. The most sensible thing for Ankama to do from a business sense is to run this game into the ground until they can't squeeze any more money out of it and then dump it for some new game. Alas, I think that is all but inevitable.

And what a shame because Wakfu is something special not just because the game is excellent (because really it is) but also because the community is excellent. At least on Nox it is. The good guy to asshole ratio is the highest I've seen by far and, ultimately, that's why I keep coming back.

TL;DR: We need to just accept the fact that improving customer care doesn't make good business sense for Ankama.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #727249  Replies : 1  Views : 159
posté May 03, 2014, 00:29:24 | #7
More?! O.O

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #724363  Replies : 3  Views : 273
posté May 03, 2014, 00:28:40 | #8
I like the cap, the lock and drop rates just as they are. If I would change anything it would be to allow you to exceed the cap with the PP bonus from challs and candies.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #724361  Replies : 21  Views : 628
posté May 03, 2014, 00:22:09 | #9
Gosh there was this one guy about 6 months ago who dropped a solomonk, sold it almost immediately and then made a big deal about what a win that was for him. Can't quite remember who it was...  

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #724359  Replies : 2  Views : 138
posté May 01, 2014, 22:45:08 | #10
The Worst Bug in Wakfu Of all the bugs in the game, which ONE do you think is the worst? I'm thinking that if the devs see where our priorities are, maybe they will start putting more emphasis on the right bugs.

My worst:
Click here

There is nothing that sucks quite so much as having your character wiped by accident. I've lost too many good friends because they don't have the heart to start over. Who can blame them?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #723913  Replies : 10  Views : 684
posté April 30, 2014, 07:09:42 | #11
Clearly "oops, here's your stuff back" isn't enough anymore. Please Ankama, Star is the lifeblood of our guild. Do right by her. I think a complete restoration and public apology from someone with authority (not just Sabi) is the minimum you can do here. Star is one of the best players you have on any server. She deserves better.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #723155  Replies : 16  Views : 870
posté April 29, 2014, 19:39:08 | #12
I wish I understood Sabi's explanation. She stated that the zaap next to the temple was "too much of an advantage." An advantage over whom? I don't see anyone benefiting from moving the zaap away from the temple. It's intensely frustrating when you make the game less inconvenient to no discernible end.

This reminds me of the decision the same one that decided to remove the turkeys from the towns? I'm sure you noticed that they are all ghost towns now.

It's also contrary. Is this the same dev group that decided to make the dragoturkeys free? Or that decided to setup the outposts with an easy zaap, craft machines and market all in one place? Those decisions brought marked improvements to the game. I'm *so* pleased that 5th Bond is no longer the only gathering place on the server (Nox) any more. I'm delighted that I don't have to wait forever for a kama-less party member to run across the map to join us in a dungeon.

Please do one of the following:
a) explain why moving the zaap is a benefit the community
b) move it back

Thank you

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #722839  Replies : 53  Views : 1466
posté April 25, 2014, 01:09:14 | #13
wait...PK each other? This is not how I played musical chairs in 2nd grade.  

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #720565  Replies : 2  Views : 129
posté April 10, 2014, 23:54:27 | #14
Ankama claims your link goes to a phishing site.

In any case, blue screen failures are almost always caused by device drivers. Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card installed.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #714181  Replies : 1  Views : 87
posté April 10, 2014, 23:45:52 | #15
I had this happen to a fellow I was partied with a couple weeks ago. He had a protoflex that refused to leave the party. A relog did not fix it.

Now here's where it gets juicy: He removed the protoflex from his stable of multimen and *PUT IT FOR SALE ON THE MARKET*. Nonetheless, it continued to join every fight that this character was part of. I advised him to report he bug and I presume he did that.

The only way to fix the bug: reinstall Wakfu.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #714169  Replies : 1  Views : 135
posté April 10, 2014, 03:13:29 | #16
Lots of personal preference here.

In most cases, the 2nd AP is probably not what you want. Look at your spells. Would you use that extra AP frequently? Even if you would, better to stat something else until you have enough levels to respec and get the 2nd AP then.

For Range, look at your spells. If 3/4 of them allow modifiable range then it's a good move. If less than half have modifiable range, look elsewhere.

I'm in a minority here, but I think statting crits is a bad investment. I recommend chance/int/str/agi instead.

You might also think about kit skill. Whether or not that's a good move depends a lot on what gear you'd get with it. Spend some time on elements figuring that out.

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #713797  Replies : 2  Views : 280
posté April 09, 2014, 01:15:31 | #17
Yes, this would be a welcome change. The animations are nice but please keep them to a maximum of about a half second.

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #713427  Replies : 7  Views : 552
posté April 09, 2014, 01:11:44 | #18
I'm pretty sure it's that tormented helm. You should give that to me.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #713425  Replies : 2  Views : 143
posté April 08, 2014, 02:10:34 | #19
I'm 82 atm and I find that doing the fwesh dwink is best even though the fail rate is high.

Thread : Crafting  Preview message : #712923  Replies : 7  Views : 539
posté April 08, 2014, 02:08:22 | #20
Rather hard to do that solo.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #712921  Replies : 2  Views : 292