Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Kokonaut's profile
Statistics
346 Posts (0.51 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 01, 2014, 08:24:55 | #1
Because it was quite literally twice as strong as it was supposed to be. In many circumstances when the Krosmoglob's air and water damages were perfectly balanced it utilizes both effects of the spells instead of just one or the other, alternating doubled up on the damage output. This was not intended, and as a result a well-geared Krosmoglob was able to out-DPT most of the actual classes at a superior range with some map control at an area-of-effect without requiring line of sight.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - October 01, 2014, 08:39:25.
Reason for edit : Clarified with a team member.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783000  Replies : 12  Views : 533
posté October 01, 2014, 08:22:04 | #2
I was asked to provide thorough complete pictures of my build for people who had trouble understanding the textual guide.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #782997  Replies : 129  Views : 23630
posté September 16, 2014, 06:04:10 | #3
Guide updated to v. 1.01. Some mechanics in the How to Play section have some more substance. A few combos that I commonly use can be found there as well as Invisibility mechanics.

It looks a little sloppy. I'll fix it up in the next update.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #776429  Replies : 129  Views : 23630
posté September 05, 2014, 12:41:15 | #4
Correct. Old Makabrakfire mitigated 10% of the damage taken and sent it back to the attacker.

It's awkward, but they never nerfed the ring itself. The stats never changed. They nerfed all the mechanics around the ring, so that the ring lost a lot efficiency correlating to the way we were using them. It was a strange but legally correct maneuver. Ethical perhaps not, but not illegal either.

That being said, yes Makabra items are being phased out of circulation. The stats on them will remain entirely untouched. Therefore the rings will still have unique prospecting/wisdom that apply as they always have.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770624  Replies : 16  Views : 632
posté September 05, 2014, 12:31:06 | #5

Quote (FuzzySyd @ 04 September 2014 09:14) *
Is there any chance the Gobgob's shielding will be re-evaluated? I've tested it a number of times, since discovering this. Unless playing mono, the shield simply cannot do anything of value (I don't consider blocking 160ish damage valuable, especially with all attacks now able to steal HP). If one stack was as effective as a single 2 AP air attack, like Pain Flask (28 base at 100 [14/AP], while Starry Armor is 20 at 100 [10/AP]), it'd be worth using.

The shield is now designed to be a mass-coverage shield that can apply a full-HP protection across several party members. I'll have them look into the base values of Armored Command though.

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 04 September 2014 11:24) *
Can we please get some clarity and details about the Guild-Nation Alliances being tested on the Beta Server?

1. Why do they exist?
  2. What benefits are proposed by tying in Guards Vs Outlaws to the membership in a Guild?
  3. Why not leave the Guild influence on PvP for the eventual Guild vs Guild phase, and leave Guards vs Outlaws out of the equation?
  4. What will we miss out on, should our Guild not Align with a Nation?
  5. Will there be a way for us to access PvP, even if our Guild is not interested in aligning with a Nation?
  6. How can we all access PvP, while maintaining membership in a Multi-Nation Guild?
  7. Wouldn't Guards vs Outlaws be better handled at the level of a Nation, or just have its own set of rules, independent of Guild activities?
  8. Can we convince Ankama to keep PvP limitations out of the hands of a Guild?
  9. Or at the very least, could Ankama make limiting a Nations PvP within the Guild an opt-in choice, rather than as a forced, purely mechanical reflex of Guild Alignment?

Thank You,

Snausages

Leader, Spanish Inquisition, Nox
(a Multi-Nation Guild that wants unfettered access to Guards vs Outlaws for all members)

It's hard for me to say because I couldn't really fully understand the explanation as to why this is being implemented. But in layman's terms locking guilds to nations sets the foundation for the later GvG/NvN PvP systems too. All-in-all, it's a national/political/PvP reason as to why it's being done, since all of those systems are closely interlinked. And if they don't lock guilds to nations now, they'll have to do it later. And if they have to do it later, they have to reset nations and wipe everyone's PvP score when they do decide to do it. So better to get it over with now so people who have interest in PvP can do so without worrying about their scores being reset.

If you do not align your guild to a nation, you 100% cannot access the PvP interface. By not participating in PvP, you miss out on a large deal of PvP rewards including powerful equipment, special titles and costumes, and very cool aesthetics (which I know a lot of players are into from the discussions on these forums). Most of these rewards unlock by rank 7, the non-competitive PvP ranks.

Quote (Ringa @ 04 September 2014 15:12) *
I have a question regarding the balancing of shields.

I get that 100% shields may be broken and no one can penetrate them after patch if left alone but, are Feca water shields also going to drop down to 50%? Or have they already?

I don't really see why a class based around shielding would end up having the weakest shields considering sacs/sadidas/osas can get shields with higher absorption %. Would have thought Feca would get a bit of an edge in terms of shields.

Though it's true that their shields may have somewhat less hp but I don't think that even applies much for sacs considering their hp will increase by well more than two times this patch unless further adjustments happen. Fogger blockades are basically stronger in general if it doesn't get nerfed down to 50% as well.

On another topic...

Modification of taking into account the close combat / range damage bonuses, it will now be the distance between the target and the attacker which will be taken into account: less than 2 cells = close combat damage, 3 or more cells = range damage.

Is there going to be a way to get new mounts aside from purchasing them with money? This change potentially screws over people who read the original damage bonus conditions and chose mounts according to that. That and why is it 2 squares and not 1?

Also:

All flat damage bonuses will eventually be converted to final damage. With the way they are now, they scale too well in the early game and too poorly in the endgame. If changed to final damage, the bonus would stay consistently useful in the late game while also being somewhat useful in the early progression's of a character.

Does this apply to single element bonuses like 40% earth from eca's tarots or are those going to be left alone?

I do think that the water shields should be a higher % absorption rate but I'm not entirely sure if they apply under the state of Feca's Shield. If they do, they would need a completely different state from earth's shield for that to be plausible.

I've no comment on your second question, unfortunately.

All static flat damage passives will eventually convert to final damages. As to the mono elemental bonus, think of the Fire Pandawa's passive that increases fire damage spells by a final 20% value.

Quote (VoidSettler @ 04 September 2014 15:39) *
Hello there! Two questions I´d like to ask, apologies if they had been answered before:

1) Are 'all' set bonuses going to disappear? (I'd assume as much, but just making sure). I still noticed a lot of them lingering on the beta server despite the information that they were removed.

2) With the new ability system, what will happen to Sidekicks in terms of internal balance? (As they were balanced around the old ability system)

1. All set bonuses will disappear. The weights of the stats will be dispersed into the individual set item pieces.

2. I'll have more info on that later. I understand that due to the new characteristics system and the globalization sidekicks will feel very lackluster if untouched.

Quote (Neneko88 @ 04 September 2014 15:41) *
Are we still going to get 6 class dimensions this year? I really like the dimensions

Most likely not.

@Mikutza: Ankama literally can't delay this patch. Literally used in the correct definition.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - September 05, 2014, 12:42:25.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770622  Replies : 797  Views : 20866
posté August 31, 2014, 21:38:36 | #6

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 31 August 2014 21:22) *

Quote (Kokonaut @ 31 August 2014 21:14) *
It won't be in the upper range of 50-100 runs for many Relics. Powerful Dazzling Belt can be achieved in exactly 66 runs from tokens alone without dropping any fragments along the way.
Are epic items going to be easier to obtain?
If a relic only takes 66 runs, from what I understand A Relic would be multiple times easier to obtain than epics which are lower in tier..

We may have to re-evaluate this. The cost is pretty high for Epic items, and at that point you could probably make some very heavy headway towards completing the Relic instead. Same with some of the higher end legendary items. But the design team doesn't set the cost of items in the token machine, so more on that later.

The Powerful Dazzling Belt is actually achievable in exactly 50 dungeon runs without exchanging any fragments into linked fragments (1:1 rate). For a frame of reference, Nettlez is completed in exactly 70 dungeon runs without exchanging any fragments into linked fragments (always 1:1 rate).

The cost of Relics will always be in Classic Tokens. You can exchange Hardcore Tokens for Classic Tokens at a 1:1.5 rate.

The amount of tokens required to create a fragment from tokens scales with the level of the Relic and whether or not it has an HC mode.

Also this is irrelevant but I just realized you can put the Dragoturkey on your hotkey bar and that makes a little hotkey to easily mount and dismount. Neat thing for people frustrated by a lack of hotkey and haven't figured that out yet.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - August 31, 2014, 21:45:45.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768293  Replies : 162  Views : 2498
posté August 31, 2014, 21:21:08 | #7
Yes, you can turn unlinked fragments into linked fragments via the token machine in order to speed up the process of getting a linked Relic. You cannot do the opposite, turning a linked fragment into an unlinked fragment.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768289  Replies : 162  Views : 2498
posté August 31, 2014, 21:16:07 | #8
In general, Frigost is a pretty hard place for its level range filled with cheap mechanics on many of the mobs when compared to content beyond.

The likelihood is there will be a nerf to the monsters for the September re-balance in order to address this.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768284  Replies : 9  Views : 249
posté August 31, 2014, 21:14:45 | #9
It won't be in the upper range of 50-100 runs for many Relics. Powerful Dazzling Belt can be achieved in exactly 66 runs from tokens alone without dropping any fragments along the way.

A new mechanic will double the drop rates of fragments in the Hardcore mode of dungeons (including bosses).

Bosses will no longer have quantity one fragment drops. They can drop up to six fragments, one for each player.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768283  Replies : 162  Views : 2498
posté August 30, 2014, 20:14:16 | #10
Also I'm not sure of this was communicated, but all prospecting lock thresholds in the game have been removed so you no longer require a certain amount of PP to make an item droppable.

Prospecting only serves to increase drop rates now (and damage for Enutrof). The 150 cap is still in place for prospecting and wisdom however.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767839  Replies : 797  Views : 20866
posté August 28, 2014, 00:32:50 | #11
Oops. I meant 20.

Corrected!

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #766921  Replies : 129  Views : 23630
posté August 27, 2014, 17:09:22 | #12
At level one, it converts every 40 lock and 40 dodge into 1% critical hits. So if you have 80 lock and 40 dodge for example, a level one Sram to the Bone will add +3% critical hits. Every level up reduces the amount needed in both stats by one. At level nine 20, Sram to the Bone converts every 20 lock and 20 dodge into 1% critical hits. So having the same amount as the previous example offers +4% critical hits from lock and +2% critical hits from dodge.

My build uses 300 dodge and 100 lock, to gain +15% critical hits from the former and +5% from the latter.

The crossed out is out-dated. The specialty caps out at +10% for each, so you need at least 200 Dodge and at least 200 Lock to max out on Sram to the Bone. The rate of 20-for-1 remains the same. Build was updated to reflect this.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - August 30, 2014, 07:50:35.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #766810  Replies : 129  Views : 23630
posté August 25, 2014, 07:53:39 | #13

Quote (Tsain @ 25 August 2014 07:48) *
Why so much close combat damage? I thought the only close-combat spell for osa's was gobgob's rain of stars.

Too lazy to research AoE & ranged damage equipment. The furthest I went with that, was using DV Epaulettes instead of Souleater since the former uses AoE damage and the latter uses melee damage.

I'll refine this later, and perhaps even write a guide on it (the haste in making it is why I just tossed it in an thread in this sub-forum). This was created in less than an hour versus the Sram build I made, which I spent a few hours testing and researching.

I just wanted to provide insight on a plausible build that was a bit unique.

• Mango

Edit: At a glance a change you can make is to swap the Beltinterest with Lenald Walm Pelt and boots with Tormented Boots. This let's you achieve the same thing with slightly better personal specialization stats, but you lose two miscellaneous rune slots and quite a bit of general damages (which ultimately results in less summon damage). They are considerably cheaper to obtain though, especially with HC Enurado not even out yet. Mushmantle is also a cheaper alternative to The Apothecloakery with its general damage and both distance/AoE specializations.

I'd also take earth damage on every single piece of equipment, so that the Gobgob benefits more from the direct earth to water damage translation and summons get slightly more damage as well from the 50% of highest mastery bonus.

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - August 25, 2014, 08:38:29.
Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #766169  Replies : 34  Views : 5204
posté August 25, 2014, 07:37:05 | #14
If you're an endgame Osamodas and are looking for a new build and have the means to pursue somewhat expensive equipment, consider a do-it-all build.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - August 25, 2014, 07:42:22.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #766165  Replies : 561  Views : 33242
posté August 25, 2014, 07:36:06 | #15
Post-Revamp Endgame "Does-It-All" Osamodas I was going to stream tomorrow but I'm going to be away from my computer for two days. As such, I'm going to post an Osamodas build that I had briefly worked on that will be viable come September:

This is a "does-it-all" build with the option to play Gobgob Osamodas, Dragon Osamodas, or Summoner Osamodas all in one build. The only thing it lacks is a leveled Critical Synergy and Clan Member bonuses. Otherwise it has all the basic components for every single build, including the eight control needed to put out two creatures your level. I haven't worked out an optimal specialization build for equipment yet. The Amuleto is needed for level 165 equipment with three passive kit skill from guild.

I have avoided using characteristic points as they won't be available after the revamp (so it's kinda cheating to use them now if you're build theorycrafting) and I've also omitted one Capital Aptitude point, since the fourth one is gained at level 175 in September.

From top left to bottom right: (Non-crit Boohowl), (Unbuffed), (Non-crit Boohowl + Non-crit Whip), (Non-crit Whip), (Crit Whip), (Crit Boohowl + Crit Whip)

Aptitudes:
Capital: [+1 AP], [+1 MP & +20% Damage], [+2 Control, +40% General Damage]
Offensive: [+160% General Damage]
Defensive: [+100% General Resistance], [+30% Max HP]
Miscellaneous: [+60 Dodge], [+60 Initiative]
Specialty: [+20% Critical Hit], [+40% Critical Hit Damage], [+40% Backstab Damage]

Equipment:
Cape: The Apothecloakery
Helmet: Tormented Helmet (Air/Fire/Earth)
Epaulettes: Dark Vlad's Epaulettes (Air/Fire/Earth)
Amulet: Amuleto
Ring One: The Wa's Seal (Earth/Fire)
Ring Two: Expire Ring (Air/Fire/Earth)
Weapon: Martus Shushu (Air/Fire/Earth)
Off-Hand: N/A
Belt: Beltinterest [+Dodge/+Dodge]
Breastplate: Cledus'Tight (Air/Fire)
Boots: Woboots (Air/Fire/Water) [+HP/+Initiative/+Initiative]
Emblem: Shushu Emblem (Water; only one I had on-hand, get any other element)
Pet: Tamed Abomination

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - August 25, 2014, 07:57:34.
Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #766164  Replies : 34  Views : 5204
posté August 24, 2014, 21:25:27 | #16
Specialization as in category five.

Things like critical hits, CH damage, backstab damage, non-CH damage (maybe), and things like that. Not your specialty points.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766081  Replies : 797  Views : 20866