Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Kokonaut's profile
Statistics
264 Posts (0.45 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 28, 2014, 02:44:06 | #1
Water's damage is very lackluster compared to the other branches. The main function of the water branch is to act as a catalyst to buff the damage of your team's heavy hitters like a Rogue or a Iop by giving them more AP.

Edit: Here's my recommended build:

Stats

1 AP
1 MP
1 Range
22 Critical Hits
Remaining points into chance.

Specialties (in order)

Xelor's Dial
Temporal Prism
Devotion
Rollback
Time Theft
Timekeeper
Mummification
Desynchronization
Master of Time
Temporal Waves

I wouldn't recommend it as a solo build, or as a damage dealing build. Good team support. If you do hybridize with another element, I suggest air for additional team utility.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - July 28, 2014, 02:57:59.
Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #757832  Replies : 2  Views : 101
posté July 28, 2014, 02:42:38 | #2
The Ranged damage stat is universal and benefits every single Eniripsa spell of all branches.

• Mango

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #757831  Replies : 4  Views : 88
posté July 27, 2014, 08:02:48 | #3
I recommend pure water as a beginning branch. The sustainability from Fleahopper and Flea Love/Fleeches will allow you to have a good upkeep in solo and group play while also eliminating the need for bread outside of fights. Meanwhile Rough Tongue is effective and cheap, doubling as both a healing spell and a damage spell that meshes in well with the beginning 6 AP. In fact, all three of those spells work well for a beginner's AP pool. Water's kit works well with any AP amount.

Fire is consistent damage, but the worthwhile spells are more expensive. You could do D-Six and Craps if you really wanted to pursue this route, but I recommend against it for early play. Especially if you don't have sustainability (this is the most appealing point to the water branch). Fire's kit works well with 6 AP, 8 AP, 9 AP, 10 AP, and 12 AP.

Earth is wildly inconsistent but has the highest damage output potential in the game. Heads or Tails is a tough use in the beginning due to the heal, and the rest of the earth spells are either too expensive or not worth investing in. I don't recommend earth until late game. This branch is best taken with another branch to supplement its wild card tenancies.

• Mango

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #757656  Replies : 3  Views : 462
posté July 27, 2014, 00:21:40 | #4
The effect is not retroactive for most spells, however for some states (e.g. Scalded) it is different depending on the class that launches the damage. For example Scalded for an Enutrof that triggers it with Fusion is ranged, while Scalded for a Iop using Thunderbolt with Celestial Sword or a Sacrier triggering Scalded with Burning Blood causes the state to benefit from melee damage.

But for the most part, spells have two flags that do not alter based off of distance from the enemy. Some like Bubble Trouble may turn from Precision to AoE when cast on the Barrel though.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757588  Replies : 4  Views : 128
posté July 26, 2014, 23:46:41 | #5
Both damage glyphs (Flaming Carpet Glyph and Pheles Glyph) count as Ranged and AoE damage. Every single other one of your spells (including Flaming Carpet and Fecastopheles) are Ranged and Precision spells. As a Feca, I recommend utilizing the Ranged stat, since it will benefit all of your spells and glyphs.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757580  Replies : 4  Views : 128
posté July 26, 2014, 17:57:08 | #6
Update 1.9 is done. But still no equipment directory or how-to-play strategies, which I still need to work on. This update changes the following.

- Stat point distribution is more generalized now, for use to level 200.
- Skill point allocation has been switched to spell priority list, depending on your style of play.
- Very minor commentary changes on some of the spells.
- New conclusion written up.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #757515  Replies : 144  Views : 27867
posté July 26, 2014, 11:34:13 | #7
Perhaps the better way to phrase it is your average level 145 Beta tester will usually not be as strong statistically as someone on the Live server of equal standing. You are always progressing on the Live server. The Beta server is just a snapshot of how far you've gotten. And if you've spent an okay amount of time in the endgame on the Live server, the likelihood is that nothing in the Beta machine will actually be of any use to you. The difficulty of content continues to increase and the quality of items given to test it never keeps up.

Your argument is because players are automatically stronger by going to the Beta server, that feedback is skewed because it's an inaccurate representation of player ability on the Live server. The belief is that during Beta testing, you will be stronger than your Live counterpart. But in reality, I can promise you with a confident arbitrary number that a vast majority of the testers cannot clear the hardest content (e.g. basically any HC dungeon). The ones that do, are using Live server equipment and nothing from the machine.

Because anyone looking to clear upcoming endgame content that has to rely on any piece of equipment from the Beta machine (minus Mushmantle and Sugnuf Torso) has little to no chance of clearing the content. Now you compare that to your Live server inventory, riddled with Epic items and Relics that aren't in the Almanax machine.

There's a limit to how strong you can become on the Beta server from just the handouts. You have to compare the people that are held back by this limit, versus the players that ignore it because their gear is already superior. These players don't need anything given to them, and despite being on the Beta server, are essentially no different than slightly out-dated Live players.

The point of the video is that if I can do what I had done using the best equipment available to me from the Beta machine, there is literally no reason a player of equal level should not be able to do the same on the Live server. And if they can't, it's not because of stats. It's because of inability to adhere to player strategy, which the game requires more of the worse your characters are. We chose to do Classic mode because we knew that if we used only the resources provided to us by the Beta server, we would not stand a chance in HC mode. But suddenly if we use the gear from Live server and nothing from the Beta machine, HC anything is suddenly a possibility. It may be in the Beta but we're not using anything that sets apart from our characters on the normal servers.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - July 26, 2014, 11:38:51.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757456  Replies : 20  Views : 614
posté July 26, 2014, 09:02:09 | #8

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 July 2014 22:45) *
So beta testers are going to be stronger than the average live player, fact.

Here.

Taken from tonight's stream. All of our equipment sans a few items which I deemed acceptable to use from live (e.g. Rogmourne) came from the machine. Un-runed with the exception of Tormented Helmet (runed to compensate for no CM bonus). Three Otomai's Breastplates, deemed acceptable as standard equipment due to the nature of how it's obtained. No food. No non-live server available equipment (so the special emblems that give a lot of extra damage were not allowed). No legendaries that we thought were too outrageous for your average player to pursue (e.g. Sugnuf Torso). All 10 AP builds. Fully fixed Flaxhid the Impaler without AI bugging out.

My Xelor used: Tormented Helmet (runed as a compensater), Zeorus Blade, Cawwot Powniard, Amuleto, Wa Wabbit cape/belt/ring/epaulettes, Dragon Pig Bandage, Black Wabbit Boots, Xelor Emblem and a Tofu. This was the best equipment that I could muster from the machine, with some of the items we were forced to use from live. Italicized items came from the live server.

Other teammates wore similar machine gear that one might find very standard. All-in-all, we were noticeably lesser geared than your average live server player. And we used a few live server items, as we couldn't win without them.

With these characters, we only won when taking advantage of the fight's unique mechanics. It took four tries, and we died each time previously due to a poor team composition and not taking advantage of the heal mechanic.

We could have used live server equipment, but like you said we're better off than the general populace. In this instance, we used gear that your average endgame player can obtain, and an overall team that most groups can better with superior Relics. We didn't even have a single Epic item on the team.

Using only the free gear is a good way to test the battles, but don't ever hope to actually end up victorious.

I hope you realize now, that your fact is actually opinion.

• Mango

Edit: Just to hammer in a point, I'd say a good 2 out of 3 testers are lower level players looking to try out high level gameplay thanks to the XP scrolls leveling you to 145. But because they're lower leveled on the live server, the machine is their only option for equipment suitable for their level.

This is why, your average beta tester is ultimately weaker than your average player of equal level on the live server.

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - July 26, 2014, 09:05:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757441  Replies : 20  Views : 614
posté July 26, 2014, 03:55:31 | #9

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 July 2014 23:04) *

Quote (Kokonaut @ 25 July 2014 05:33) *
It has come to my attention that no one is paid to thoroughly test the content.

You have every equal opportunity to assist with Beta testing and providing feedback as necessary. Flaxhid was put in a combat-ready state for the most part

There is no "varying degree of abuse". It's black and white: do the players influence it or is there nothing that the players can do to restrict it from happening?

I'm confused about what you're trying to say Mango. As i understand it... you're saying Wakfu is a game and games have bugs. I hope most players complaining on the forums realize this to be true. Many of us get worked up about Wakfu because of the sheer number and size of these issues.

Are you saying it's acceptable and understandable Wakfu is full of bugs? Or that Ankama continually repeats the same mistakes? That leaving exploitable content in game isn't harmful? How do you actually feel about these issues and how Wakfu is run.

Who is ultimately responsible for the bugs that appear in Wakfu? For a game company to blindly hope all game breaking bugs are reported or found by players 'paying' to play their game is risky. It's nice to think players are helping to reduce the amount of bugs but to leave this responsibility entirely on the players is a poor decision for a company. Maybe i could understand if Ankama didn't already have a reputation for releasing bugged content. Some companies and programmers are simply more competent and deserve respect.

What does having equal opportunity to test content have to do with anything? I'm not spending my free time testing for bugs. Is it unreasonable for me to expect to play a relatively bug free game? At least as far as MMO's are concerned.

Most companies can be forgiven for their mistakes. When they are compounded to such a degree as i feel they are in Wakfu, players will let their voice be heard. Just because some individual issues are seen as trivial, they may represent a part of a much larger whole and should be treated as such.

How do you think most players feel about Wakfu? Are they justified?

Your remarks and criticisms are completely and utterly justified. And I respect them. But my point that I was trying to make is that we (me and the few people who enjoy to actually test content when we can) do our hardest on the Beta server to help rid as much bugs and help facilitate better balancing of content, as much as possible. For you to completely discredit this fact is very insulting, because providing feedback and helping with the ease of transition of new content is how I still find enjoyment in playing this game.

It may seem that all I do is do content with nothing but the strongest, most optimized equipment. And a lot of time, this may in fact be what I'm doing. But during the times that I discuss class, enemy, and general game mechanics with the developers, I have a mindset that reflects that of the common player.

It is, for example, why the Totem in Flaxhid's encounter takes 3% total HP damage each turn instead of 5%. Because while we defeated the instance while it took 5%, I had to remind them that this was done with the optimal gear set-ups, and that the average team will not be able to clear the encounter in time.

As far as ridding bugs goes, we always find hilarious, overpowered, and outright broken things with the game's new content. People who watch my stream, and not just the recordings, get to witness this each time. We find it, we report it, and for the most part, most the glaring issues are fixed.

Perhaps Ankama should have a more devoted group for thoroughly testing the content. But for now, we do what we can. If your criticisms are against Ankama, then fine. Everyone is entitled to their right to voice the opinion to a company that they have shelled out a great deal of money to. But if your criticisms are against the efficiency of the Beta server to do what a company should otherwise have paid workers for, then this is my retort.

In all intents and purposes, we've ultimately derailed this thread. I am sorry to the opening poster, and will discontinue the conversation from my end. Hope your hunting for Flaxhid's Talisman and the many emblems are going well!

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757366  Replies : 78  Views : 1969
posté July 25, 2014, 17:54:47 | #10
It's more likely the average Beta user has worse gear than an endgame Live server player. The equipment from the machine is not diverse, and no runes are available. For the sake of overcoming difficulty, yes I had equipment not available yet for a few more months.

But for the rest of the people, they get their equipment from the live server. This Beta session (which has just reset today) I'll be doing my testing using live server equipment as well.

There is no need to jump to conclusions. The people responsible for Phase 2 of Sugnuf are the general French populace, who all use their live equipment on the French server as well. Your misplaced blame should be directed towards the typically geared high level player on a server like Aerafal.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757202  Replies : 20  Views : 614
posté July 25, 2014, 05:33:27 | #11

Quote (Gynrei @ 25 July 2014 04:14) *
Wakfu is so grind heavy i'm for players using whatever in game options are available to speed things up. Abusing AI is part of gaming. The degree you abuse it seems to matter to people, not sure why.

Ankama released content 'tested on beta' and we get to enjoy it. Beta server is such a joke btw.

No one should be blaming players playing the game in it's current state. If you want to blame these situations on someone, blame Ankama.

How many times has Ankama had these same issues with new content and bosses? Why is it so hard for them to get it working correctly? I'm 99% sure it's their own fault. They built and coded this game and changed it continuously over the years. These weren't small changes either. Some classes have been revamped and fundamental mechanics have all been reworked in Wakfu.

Ankama can't punish players for playing Wakfu.

It has come to my attention that no one is paid to thoroughly test the content. We help rid most of the bugs and provide feedback as we can. If the Beta server didn't exist, I promise you what you'd get would be considerably more riddled with bugs than what you have received thus far.

You have every equal opportunity to assist with Beta testing and providing feedback as necessary. Flaxhid was put in a combat-ready state for the most part, sans a couple bugged turns (which, in all case scenarios, may be enough for many teams to down him). The Totem was originally supposed to take 5% damage per turn. After testing, we realized that was too much for the average player, and it was reduced to 3%, earning you on average about 6'000 to 8'000 more HP on the Totem by round ten.

We've already discussed. Ankama won't punish players for this, since it's on their end with the coding. It was a different story with Dragon Pig, where the abuse was made aware and a punishable offense (even outlined by staff). In fact, with Flaxhid it was even encouraged by some of the developers to take advantage of this fact while you still can, before he's fixed. There is no "varying degree of abuse". It's black and white: do the players influence it or is there nothing that the players can do to restrict it from happening?

We can't cover everything. You can pop most the bubbles in bubble wrap by just twisting the sheet, but there will always be a few bubbles that remain unpopped. Take that analogy for what it is (heck take it literally if you want).

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757057  Replies : 78  Views : 1969
posté July 25, 2014, 00:26:07 | #12
Hey everyone, just an update.

I've established an easier line of communication with [ExiT3D] and [Dy7] and we've worked out a new plan. The "interview" will be next week, and will take a new format where I take questions and ask them it during stream. They will provide text responses to work around the oral language barrier. Players will be able to discuss various topics and provide personal feedback throughout the duration of the stream. I have off many days next week, so I'm sure there will be no delay this time.

As Exi heads back home for the weekend, I invite the community to re-ask questions they want to hear answered since numerous ones have been answered, are out-dated, or are already implemented. That and I'm sure now that we've seen a lot of changes since this topic was opened, there are new questions to ask.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756986  Replies : 57  Views : 1908
posté July 22, 2014, 22:56:29 | #13

Quote (Tavish-DeGroot @ 22 July 2014 22:03) *

Quote (Kokonaut @ 16 July 2014 05:19) *
Turns out, rebounding spells do become zone (AoE) skills. And when this does happen they do no longer benefit from precision damage. What does this mean?

Die Alright is precision damage on a non-crit and zone damage on a critical hit.

I've tested Crit Die Alright with AoE and Precision bonuses and both of them increase it's damage. Could the same for other rebound spells?

If it's benefiting from precision damage then that is a bug.

A spreadsheet with all the spell criteria will be up within the next day. If you're relying on that to know what you want to build for, hold onto your DT tokens until it's fully translated.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756202  Replies : 61  Views : 1953
posté July 22, 2014, 21:47:54 | #14
Opening post updated and revised as per changes made on the Beta server today. We streamed for five hours today and I have a pretty good segment to share with you guys showcasing what the new Sram is capable of (especially the third battle - if anything watch just that fight - starts at 15:18).

Check it out here.

• Mango

Edit: Thanks to all the people who tune into the stream and make streaming this stuff so much fun. I love answering all of your questions and it makes playing the game that much more enjoyable for me!

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - July 22, 2014, 21:53:50.
Thread : Sram  Preview message : #756184  Replies : 39  Views : 2073
posté July 21, 2014, 23:13:54 | #15
Both sides have their merits. Sadida truly is a pretty bad class that only proves itself to be the best in extremely picky and situational circumstances (e.g. Ultimate Bosses). In that regard, they heavily need to have their mechanics re-evaluated and need to not necessarily be buffed, but scrapped and re-worked altogether.

But this is not the place to complain about it, nor the time. There is a sub-forum for that and you better bet the new class revamp team is taking a good look at feedback. Put your faith in them that they'll do a good job.

Until then, either hold off on your thoughts until revamp round two happens or post them in the appropriate sub-forum - not in a topic that is entirely unrelated to the matter.

• Mango

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #755785  Replies : 100  Views : 4613
posté July 21, 2014, 19:11:32 | #16
The new Sram does not need a chance to avoid damage. Their job is assassination-based burst damage, which they do very well now. Adding any bit of sturdiness beyond their equipment is asking for questionable balance issues in the future.

2 WP cost for Invisibility is also fine. They have a WP recycling mechanic - make use of it. Their other WP sinks are not plenty since none of their skills use WP.

• Mango

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #755743  Replies : 39  Views : 2073
posté July 20, 2014, 00:03:59 | #17

Quote (Kokonaut @ 19 July 2014 06:13) *
  • The Osamoda will be entitled to have a total level of summons in combat according to the following formula: Character Level + character Level * Control /8. For example, an Osamodas can have two summons of his level in combat with 5 Control on his equipment items and his passive at maximum level, which will give 1 + 5 + 2 = 8 Control. He may prefer to have three summons representing 2/3 of his character level in combat with the same amount of Control points.

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 19 July 2014 21:52) *
My only question thus far is: It seems each Control would give 30 levels of additional flexibility over Creatures on the battlefield. I'm basing this off the "5 Control = 2 Summons of the Osas level at the same time, or 3 Summons of 2/3 at the same time"

Is this correct? Or does the Osamodas Blessing calculate the Levels given by each control in a different way? As a refresher, Control currently gives the Osamodas only 10 additional levels of flexibility per Control stat. Jumping from 10 to 30 seems to fit with what we have been told, but I'd like a confirmation from someone, if possible, before the changes go live.

• Mango

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #755340  Replies : 100  Views : 4613
posté July 19, 2014, 06:13:02 | #18
You require substantially less control to get out multiple creatures in the same level bracket as yourself. Thanks to these changes, these exotic items no longer need control, as you should be able to get however much control you need from less equipment slots and gear out the rest of the pieces to turn your summoner into a battle summoner.

That is the goal with these changes. To make the summoner an active participant in battle without having to sacrifice his or her summoning power. Before the summoner was weak, feeble, and basically worthless without their summons. Which while fits the summoner archetype adequately for most games, this was not the intended class niche for the summoning Osamodas in the class design for Wakfu.

• The Osamoda will be entitled to have a total level of summons in combat according to the following formula: Character Level + character Level * Control /8. For example, an Osamodas can have two summons of his level in combat with 5 Control on his equipment items and his passive at maximum level, which will give 1 + 5 + 2 = 8 Control. He may prefer to have three summons representing 2/3 of his character level in combat with the same amount of Control points.

• Mango

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #755182  Replies : 100  Views : 4613
posté July 19, 2014, 03:07:22 | #19

Quote (Tximitxangas @ 19 July 2014 00:26) *
It's the tramps dmg bug? and also the pasive sram to the bone?

These are not functioning properly. Traps do not benefit from elemental mastery (this is a bug, they will in a later update) and spells cannot score critical hits as of right now, so Sram to the Bone is rendered pointless.

• Mango

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #755168  Replies : 39  Views : 2073
posté July 18, 2014, 23:42:56 | #20

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 18 July 2014 23:01) *
I want to congratulate the two gentlemen that ingeniously revamped the srams.

Not only does every branch have an optional, very useful, trap but they cleverly added 'stacking' effect onto every branch as well with a different outcome.

There are endless builds so far as I can tell and I'm so excited to try them all.

I do miss reflex though...

**Guile if cast on an ally should not deal damage imo.

Guile will be revised to not harm allies.

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 18 July 2014 23:36) *
I like it overall but ill have to test it first to judge. The only thing i hate is invisibility... Whats the point of that spell if we cant attack or even move without being locked?! Even the invisibility we have now is better. And it cost 2wp!

also, we cant heal allies?

Because you can pop out of invisibility and deal a bonus 20% final damage. It's also a good PvP spell that in it makes you difficult to locate. Even taking damage will not reveal you.

Unfortunately, we had a difficult time effectively using it versus mobs in PvM. They were very good at predicting where we were.

You are correct. None of Sram skills heal allies. They are - and they do it with absolutely fantastic efficiency - an extremely powerful close combat fighter with some ranged options and excellent map utility.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - July 18, 2014, 23:43:44.
Thread : Sram  Preview message : #755137  Replies : 39  Views : 2073