Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

CloudyMind's profile
Statistics
270 Posts (0.2 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 23, 2014, 08:20:09 | #1
WTB All whispered metal I'm buying any that you have. If you have 100, i'm buying 100

pm "Levu" in-game

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - July 23, 2014, 08:41:00.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #756358  Replies : 0  Views : 31
posté July 22, 2014, 07:42:16 | #2

Quote (HateSpawn @ 12 July 2014 12:58) *
They do this:

Click here

Ah~ Look at this majestic form of movement. Seeing this noble creature waggle around uncontrollably may seem humble or perhaps clumsy even, but make no mistake. It's every motion is accurately calculated on a subatomic level and executed flawlessly, beyond any other choreographed sequence that has ever existed or will ever exist on this or any other dimensional universe or time line. Witnessing it's marvelous performance is like witnessing the metamorphosis of an ugly little bud blossoming into a pretty flower. When it starts moving from a standstill, it almost seems like it's changing shapes and the world changes with it. It's energy and heat far surpass that of an erupting volcano. Every form of art, every form or refined dining, every form of earthly delight known to mankind pales in comparison before it's insurmountable triumph. You are, indeed, witnessing perfection. The universe has been concluded upon this very moment and now shares all of it's secrets with us. Why are we here? What is the meaning of life. We now have the answer to these questions that our species has been hoping to unravel for thousands of years. We now only exist to bask ourselves upon this divine creature's prosperous glory. We now only exist to revere it's magnificence. Simply Incredible.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - July 22, 2014, 07:59:35.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755885  Replies : 61  Views : 1935
posté July 20, 2014, 15:22:43 | #3
Where have all the Drhellers gone? Are there any Drhellers left in any nation's mines? I've been looking and looking, but i couldn't find a single one.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #755453  Replies : 2  Views : 87
posté July 20, 2014, 13:40:17 | #4
"The World of Twelve is a land of adventure with no tourism! You no longer need to visit a dungeon if you do not have the minimum required level. You cannot miss it: it will appear on your dungeon interface, on your world map and on the door of the dungeon!"

Translation please?

Thread : News  Preview message : #755438  Replies : 45  Views : 1898
posté July 02, 2014, 17:24:49 | #5

Quote (DragonoxForce @ 02 July 2014 10:23) *
It was in the past but not anymore.

We are currently in the boom of F2P while Subscription based games are dying and are few in numbers.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Just because there are many games with a free to play model, doesn't mean that it's the ideal business model. At least not for games that didn't have a low enough budget and weren't designed with a free to play model in mind from the start.

Every big mmo that has come out lately has had a subscription model. Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online both use subscriptions. Even SWTOR used to be a subscription based game before it lost most of it's players and Guild Wars 2 charges money for a copy of the game and will charge for future expansion packs as well.

Free to play mmos have a much smaller scope, overall lower quality and can't provide frequent updates like subscriptions based ones can for the most part.

Changing to free to play is a pretty desperate move honestly.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - July 02, 2014, 17:54:29.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750980  Replies : 17  Views : 677
posté July 02, 2014, 17:08:40 | #6

Quote (atsushikun @ 02 July 2014 16:09) *
did Dofus have any of these problems? I'm curious because that game seems to be going strong and since its made by the same company I'm very interested on how Wakfu went so awry.

Dofus has always had far better drops rates than wakfu ever did. There's no way that you wouldn't be able to drop 2-3 of the boss' material if all 8 people in your group were there to help you get it.

They have added an achievement system since the old days though. Beating the boss for the first time, defeating it first and defeating it last. Each achievement rewards a bunch of kamas, experience and tons of mats.

You are pretty much guaranteed that you can make your set by running the dungeon 3-4 times and killing the appropriate mobs for a while, even if you don't have anyone giving you their share of drops.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - July 02, 2014, 17:48:23.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750973  Replies : 17  Views : 677
posté July 02, 2014, 04:36:05 | #7

Quote (Kouromaro @ 02 July 2014 03:51) *
You know, acting like a business expert in online games when you are not one isn't going to help either your credibility or respectability.

I am quite knowledgable when it comes to that kind of stuff. I spend a big portion of my free time listening to podcasts, watching videos and reading articles about video games pretty much on a daily basis. I wouldn't just make up stuff off the top of my head but i'm not an expert either.

It's cool if you think that i'm acting like a business expert though. You can have that opinion and i partially agree with it to be honest. Acting like something won't get anything to anyone. What might get me some credibility and respect though, is what i'm actually saying.

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 02 July 2014 03:49) *
if gear is the only thing tying people to a game then people and Ankamas wafu division really should take a step back and reevaluate what makes wakfu a "fun" and "unique" experience.

I don't know much about the drop rate changes but slowing down the game to a crawl won't do much good to the fun aspect of it indeed.

I think that once the new monster arenas and pvp systems are out, people will have more to do than just grind for gear. That'd make for a more sustainable and fun system to keep players around :] 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750870  Replies : 17  Views : 677
posté July 02, 2014, 00:08:02 | #8
Good luck Wakfu! It's kind of sad that Wakfu has gotten to the point where it needs to become free in order to sustain itself and attract more players. There's no doubt that a subscription model is the most ideal one for mmos. I don't understand how the marketing department has managed to do that to the game, but i really hope that they have learned their lesson from their past mistakes, whatever those may actually be.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and just say what i feel should be said.

Let this be the last bit of shady business that Ankama contacts with their customers. We could have kept our remaining subscription time and used it when the game becomes subscription based again, instead of trading it in for meaningless consolation prizes. We could have even gotten ogrines in return, but we get it. The game is in a pinch right now. You simply cannot afford to do that. It's alright guys, we'll take yet another bullet for you. We like this game that much, apparently. I personally don't think that i'm going to be giving this game any more chances if they make any further mistakes though.

This could be a new beginning for Wakfu, so this is Ankama's chance to change their policy.

Consumer goodwill is the key here.

What Ankama has been doing so far is not the way to go. They should stop trying to cheat just a little more cash from their players. They should make ogrine prices consumer friendly. If i want to buy a silly hat or any other item from the boutique, i should just have to pay for the required ogrines for the hat and nothing more.

They shouldn't sacrifice the integrity of the game by lowering the xp gains by 30% across the board (if that's even true to begin with) just so they can grab some more cash from the players. Make it fair and reasonable, and people will follow. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm not. At this point, anything goes really.

It's a crying shame that such a beautiful and unique game is endangered because of bad business practices and bad marketing when it could have been a huge hit in the mmo market. It certainly does have the potential to be; no doubt about that.

All criticism aside, i hope that the game manages to attract lots of new players and gets the spot that it deserves. I really like this game and despite everything, i still enjoy playing it and support the company that makes it. So, good luck Wakfu! :] 

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - July 02, 2014, 17:46:27.
Reason for edit : Last minute corrections... again :p
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750830  Replies : 17  Views : 677
posté June 28, 2014, 03:17:51 | #9
Are you kidding me? Steam accepts crappy games that barely even play! Just take a look at this: Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #749972  Replies : 39  Views : 1281
posté April 07, 2014, 13:25:34 | #10
This is what i am going to use on my sram Click here

You don't have to add kit skill and get that bp if you don't want to.

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #712655  Replies : 3  Views : 887
posté March 30, 2014, 13:53:52 | #11

Quote (DJXsystem @ 30 March 2014 05:15) *
it has nothing to do with that cat I stole all of Bonta's trees and smoked them in the name of Brakmar and blasphemy
"...and blasphemy" LOL

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #708519  Replies : 11  Views : 525
posté March 30, 2014, 13:51:35 | #12
The game has a great balance between grind and challenge to me. That being said, you can still enjoy the game without grinding much. You could just play the market and make a profit by buying and re-selling items.

You don't have to be wearing the best gear or do the best dungeons for your level to enjoy the game. You don't have to buy that 350kk +mp breastplate to go with your level 120 black wabbit set that cost 150kk total. Even the endgame dungeons will eventually not be so endgame anymore as the level cap increases.

As to how much enjoyment someone gets like this, that's up to every individual to decide.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #708515  Replies : 101  Views : 3394
posté March 30, 2014, 13:13:00 | #13
Thank you sooo much for this explanation. I had no idea what i was supposed to do and the cat got me to -196% resources gathered, which was basically zero. I was about to ragequit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #708503  Replies : 5  Views : 931
posté March 24, 2014, 16:07:09 | #14
Please no. I'd rather just pay my subscription fee and play the game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #705259  Replies : 85  Views : 2927
posté March 17, 2014, 12:50:29 | #15
That's alot of wishful thinking. What exactly do we want anyway?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #693257  Replies : 11  Views : 550
posté March 09, 2014, 09:57:39 | #16

Quote (Magma-Moon @ 06 March 2014 19:09) *
In terms of nerfs, Wakfu is on the tame edge. Dofus is horrific for getting nerfed.
When dofus nerfs your class, it doesn't mess around. They send it back to the stone age. They don't just slightly decrease the damage of your spells there; they remove spell effects entirely. Just imagine a full on wakfu revamp of just nerfs. You should be happy that wakfu doesn't nuke classes in a similar fashion.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #689905  Replies : 15  Views : 1096
posté March 09, 2014, 09:45:34 | #17
That was so underwhelming... It's so vague that it really makes almost no sense at all. Something-something bandits vs guards, something-something new specialities, something-something new politics... We already knew about class revamps, nation capitals and the crafting overhaul already, and it was just a matter of time until something was finally done for the unfinished bandit vs guard system.

Also, i just want to point out that revamping two out of the 14 classes is not exactly a major selling point. :p

Thread : News  Preview message : #689901  Replies : 69  Views : 3597
posté March 04, 2014, 06:07:53 | #18

Quote (Kaitenzushi @ 26 February 2014 17:20) *
I wish for actual cities and villages, with plenty of NPCs to give it some character. Right now, Bonta, Amakna, Brakmar and even Sufokia pale in comparison to the grand towns shown in the TV show. They pale in comparison to the towns shown in Dofus.

A village or city is not a small collection of houses for crafting stations. I want to see the hustle and bustle of a city, not an empty market place with one bag and two PCs running to the zaap.

This. The game world feels more like a stage selection overworld rather than an actual world.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #687427  Replies : 60  Views : 1841
posté February 14, 2014, 23:59:59 | #19

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 14 February 2014 23:21) *
Ankama already said they are bringing some kind of ranking system for pvp and bosses(?), so expect the worst

Wings were never a ranking system in dofus. There was never a "number one" rank amongst all the players with rank 10 wings.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #680635  Replies : 14  Views : 507
posté February 14, 2014, 22:06:56 | #20
As someone who has achieved rank 9 wings legitimatelly and freaking loved pvp in dofus, i must say no to wings. Everyone was getting rank 10 wings by repeatedly killing their alts or friends and everyone that had them was too afraid to actually fight other people that may have been stronger than them.

Wings feel cool at first, but they are actually a curse. If you lose 1 fight at rank 9 wings, you have to win 10 fights ni a row to make up for it. They turn you into a chicken and they end up just being a burden. I am all for prestige rewards from pvp, but i think that wings are the wrong way to go.

Also, headhunter should never make it's way into wakfu. This game is ridiculously unlabanced in 1v1 pvp.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #680557  Replies : 14  Views : 507