Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

CloudyMind's profile
Statistics
329 Posts (0.23 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 14, 2014, 16:51:13 | #1
Today's hotfix? What was that small patch about?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787359  Replies : 5  Views : 675
posté October 11, 2014, 21:46:47 | #2
Just pick whatever class you enjoy. They are all going to be revamped eventually, so there's no point in theorycrafting just yet.
As for everything else, they can be changed. You're probably going to change your build at some point during the game anyway, so don't worry too much about it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786610  Replies : 20  Views : 964
posté October 08, 2014, 00:13:28 | #3

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 07 October 2014 19:21) *
Except if you're making a post on the market that says "I want to buy this item for this much" someone else is going to come along and go "I want to buy this item for a little bit more than him" making the second person the person the seller is going to go to.

That's what you're describing the ability to say you want to buy something and have people sell it to you through the auction house. Nobody is gonna compete with each other by lowering the price they are willing to spend on an item lol they're gonna increase their offer

Please educate yourself on what a reverse auction actually is.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785522  Replies : 22  Views : 707
posté October 07, 2014, 13:44:27 | #4

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 06 October 2014 20:51) *
"It could even become a reverse auction for rare items where people would compete with each other by lowering their prices."

I think you mean increasing their prices you'd be upcutting people instead of undercutting. It's a reverse market. The idea is to make your offer the highest so people will sell to you

No, i don't. In an auction, the potential buyers try to beat each other's bids by bidding more money for an item. In a reverse auction, the potential sellers try to make a better offer to the buyer by lowering their price. It's the sellers that do the bidding in a reverse auction. The buyer simply sets the starting price.

It would be a useful feature for relics, epic items or any other niche items.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - October 07, 2014, 13:52:27.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785311  Replies : 22  Views : 707
posté October 06, 2014, 15:44:20 | #5
Reverse Auction/Market I've always wondered why something like that wasn't in the game, so i suppose i might as well make a thread about it.

Sometimes i want to buy a low level resource that's not on the market. Sometimes i happen to have a few random resources here and there that i don't really need and they aren't worth the trouble of selling on the market.

It would be cool if i could put an offer on the market for such a resource and just let people sell it to me whenever. It would also make it easy to sell all those random resources i keep dropping here and there if i can just go to the reverse market and instantly sell the item to someone without all the hastle that usually comes with a regular market sale.

It could even become a reverse auction for rare items where people would compete with each other by lowering their prices.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - October 06, 2014, 15:59:20.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #784921  Replies : 22  Views : 707
posté October 06, 2014, 15:19:47 | #6

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 06 October 2014 11:15) *
Let me be real honest here. Before the update the tank role was close to non existant, after the patch the tank role is practically gone. Currently the new dodge/lock system destroyed the tank/lock role. Its very hard to hold a boss down currently, so tanking is very messy.

This is what's up with tanks now basically. Don't make one or at least wait for a fix before making one.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #784915  Replies : 18  Views : 756
posté September 28, 2014, 11:03:01 | #7

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 28 September 2014 05:44) *
@CloudyMind - I don't know you in person but still very sorry to you. It kinda hurts, ikr. Some people are being indeed too rude in this thread, could you please just ignore them.
Although I don't agree that fucked up lock system is a solid reason to quit, I won't suggest just to "adapt" and put your head down.. But try to stay strong at least. Things are gonna change again, sooner or later.

Thanks. It's sad how much people enjoy hurting others over the internet. Makes you wonder what they might be going though in their lives that's making them act this way here. I'm done bothering with those people though. They are just kids who want to act smart for whatever reason by making me feel stupid and terrible. Death by a thousand cuts. Nothing new here.

Also, who's Mango and how can i contact him? I found a Mango in Ankabox but it says he join in 2013. Am i doing it right?

When i was still level 50 or so and we were getting free restat with every update like a year back, i was fire. We were trying to beat hoodlum dungeon with my guild but we couldn't get past the boss. He was just dealing too much damage for our eni to heal us all. At the time, i decided i should try to be earth and see how we do then, and it worked miracles. Not only did we beat the boss, but it was easy too. I just locked him in place while everyone else just hit him and the eni kept healing me when needed. I fell in love with my earth sacrier that day. All i wanted to do from that point onwards was to become more tanky. Damage wasn't even the last thing on my list; it wastn't on my lilst at all.

Then i thought, well, of course it was easy for us~ This game, like many others, uses the holy trinity system. Tank, healer, dps. It's not as reliant on it as other mmos like, say, WoW is, but it stll is the most optimal way to play the game by far.... or was. Every other mmo that has a holy trinity system, also offers a reliant way for tanks to be able to keep things on them. Most mmos have a "threat" system. Wakfu had lock. It's just insane that they have taken this system out now because they've done nothing to change other roles in a way that they wouldn't be reliant on tanks.

Guild wars 2 for example gives defensive and healing abilities to everybody as well as having a "dodge" system that allows you to literally dodge monster's attacks. That's why there are no healers and tanks in that game. Wakfu has done nothing of the sort.

I've been a raider in wow for years and i can assure you that having the boss and adds focused of the tanks at all times, doesn't make the game any more easier. It's more strategic than just having the healers and dps running around, dealing as much damage as possible and hoping they can outheal the boss' phases and aoe abilities. A good fight will put the skills of all 3 roles to the test through clever mechanics.

For example, there was a fight where the boss was immune to damage and could only be damaged for a couple of seconds after the tank made it go though a molten wall, which would remove stacks of the immunity buff of the boss but would cause aoe explosions to happen at the same time as well as deal additional damage to the tank. You had to constanly move the boss into that fire and quickly drag it out so that your party could kill it before it enraged and 1 shot everyone. At the same time, you had to make sure you didn't keep it in the fire for too long on your healer may not have been able to outheal the aoe dmg or be forced to burn too much mana and then be oom for the next wave of aoe. And that was just one of the not so hard encounters in just one of the dungeons. I was looking forward to going though stuff similar to that in wakfu.

As for why i'm only level 115, it's because i've quit many times before for personal reasons. It was never the game's fault up until now. I was just too busy to play sometimes. Also, i've been leveling up professions more than i've been leveling my own character and i've already made a few millions of kamas to gear up all my alts, and guildies pre-patch.

What sucks is that me and my friends were really into wakfu this time around and we were trying to find more room in our lives for it, and this had to happen... sucks for everybody. If lock isn't ever fixed, then i'm simply never coming back to wakfu. It's a matter of personal preference that many others can relate to, to some extent. It may not be enough for others to quit, but it is for me.

Does this ring any bells btw?

I'm f2p... don't judge me piwi! xD
Now stay locked you little purple devil! :3

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - September 28, 2014, 11:34:33.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781788  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 27, 2014, 22:03:07 | #8

Quote (picklesaregood @ 27 September 2014 21:30) *
why did u make a thread wanting a discussion about lock/dodge system being overnerfed if people give you alternatives and answers to your problems and all you do is say NOPE YOU'RE ALL WRONG WAITING FOR A DEV TO COMMENT

Because i didn't know that it was impossible to lock stuff anymore. I simply thought that i needed to get more lock somehow.

All i want is to be able to lock things with my sac again. End of story.

I've already pretty much quit the game at this point. Just lingering around this thread to see if something changes. All my friends are quitting with me actually, which is sad. I just don't like my sacrier anymore.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781645  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 27, 2014, 21:05:54 | #9

Quote (picklesaregood @ 27 September 2014 19:27) *
and obviously the "developers can do no wrong? are u serious? hahhahahahah i thought you were being sarcastic then i kept reading and you actually meant what you said... hahahhaha

Um, actually it was sacrasm.

Could you please stop being so hostile though? It's getting out of hand. I don't even want to attempt to reply to you anymore. I'd really appreciate it if you could at least try to be just a little more friendly.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - September 27, 2014, 21:15:58.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781616  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 27, 2014, 12:24:58 | #10

Quote (picklesaregood @ 27 September 2014 11:45) *

Quote (CloudyMind @ 27 September 2014 11:11) *
As for me, all i want to know at this point in time is whether lock will be fixed or not.

the answer is no buddy

this mechanic was in beta for over half a year before it went live

obviously they knew this change would do to lock tanks and they deemed this change would outweigh the damage it did to tanks, wondering why?

this game is shifting towards PvP, they dont want people to be 100% reliant on push/jump moves to escape someone with 200-300 lock

they don't care about how you handle PvE, they only care about PvP now and they didnt want someone to lose a duel because of a 95% dodge roll fail

they wanted to get rid of the randomness to maybe set a more even leveled pvp field

dont believe me? wait for october's patch notes, they won't lay a finger on the lock system

you have had your problems answered in this thread, and you seem to be dodging most of it or just refusing to accept it that you're starting to reach the level of ignorance of those sadidas who complain about their class relentlessly no matter what people tell them

That's just your opinion. I'm waiting for a hotfix or for a mod to confirm this.

Now let me correct some of your statements.

The game is not shifting towards pvp. The developers themselves said that pvp was far from balanced and that the game is at it's current state changing too much for them to add an arena-style pvp feature now. This current implementation of pvp is just a little treat to pvpers that had nothing to do up until this point.

They do care about how you handle pvm because they keep putting out dungeons and new monster families and they will continue to do so for years to come. This is how the game progresses and how it's story is told. Like it or not, it is the main focus of the game.

Obviously the developers can do no wrong with this game. They know exactly what they are doing. That's why there have been many people complaining about the level gap in pvp. That's why becoming an outlaw makes no sense right now. That's why they had to hotfix lots of things and change some stats on the first week.

I've just given you many hints that the game is going to change. It'a only a matter of how it's going to change exactly and when.

Do you want me to keep going, buddy?

Bu according to you, nothing will change because reasons.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - September 27, 2014, 17:53:01.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781493  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 27, 2014, 11:11:43 | #11

Quote (Agosta @ 27 September 2014 10:26) *

Players are doing exponentially more damage now in comparison to prepatch. My Sram has 815% damage and is doing over 5000 damage to black wabbit and cactus enemies. If you seriously think your character is unplayable because an enemy moves a cell or two you're better off not playing, really.

Well, everyone is entitled to have an opinion, no matter how wrong, dumb or ignorant it happens to be.

Maybe your opinion is one of those things, maybe it isn't. Maybe it's not even related to the matter at hand at all. Perhaps it's the smartest thing anyone has stated in this thread so far. Who knows?

As for me, all i want to know at this point in time is whether lock will be fixed or not.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - September 27, 2014, 11:22:51.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781484  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 27, 2014, 09:41:09 | #12

Quote (noknives @ 27 September 2014 09:32) *

Quote (CloudyMind @ 27 September 2014 08:08) *
Seriously, the only purpose of a tank is to lock mobs and take damage in place of other party members. What good is a tank if you can't lock anything? :p
it is indeed no good if it can't, but a good tank can lock things

That's the point. It is no longer possible to lock someone in place. I was able to lock anything before the patch.

If any mod is reading this, could we please have a bit of insight on this? It'd be nice to know if there are plans to fix this or if it's staying that way for good.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781471  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 27, 2014, 08:32:17 | #13

Quote (Merriden @ 27 September 2014 08:23) *

Quote (CloudyMind @ 27 September 2014 08:08) *

Quote (Merriden @ 27 September 2014 08:05) *

Quote (CloudyMind @ 27 September 2014 08:02) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 27 September 2014 02:29) *
but tanks are still useful
In what way exactly?

This pity-party is going too far.

Why don't you answer the question instead then? :p

Seriously, the only purpose of a tank is to lock mobs and take damage in place of other party members. What good is a tank if you can't lock anything? :p

I almost can't be bothered to reply to you since you're so set on imitating the Sadidas with that woe-is-me attitude.

Wakfu has never given much love to tanks the way other MMOs do, so I don't see this as a huge change at all. Your job is NOT to always just stand in one spot for the entire fight getting punched in the face. Your job is to keep your team alive, and Sacriers have a plethora of AMAZING skills to do that.
I've been really fond of earth Foggernaut for that lately, though.

That's the most non-answer answer i've seen.

What AMAZIING kills do we have exactly? Sacrifice? That's one skill, not skills.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - September 27, 2014, 08:33:47.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781457  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 27, 2014, 08:08:30 | #14

Quote (Merriden @ 27 September 2014 08:05) *

Quote (CloudyMind @ 27 September 2014 08:02) *

In what way exactly?

This pity-party is going too far.

Why don't you answer the question instead then? :p

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781451  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 27, 2014, 08:02:55 | #15

In what way exactly?

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 27 September 2014 02:56) *
Also before the group only needed 1 tank in team for boss, making some classes not welcome if they were meant to tank too and if we already had a tank. Now its different. The more tanks the better. Everybody welcome and we can adapt gameplay based on team we are in. A lot of gear got lock and dodge now, so even small bit of lock combined with lock of another person can help sometimes.

This makes no sense. Having 2 tanks means that you're going to look for a few specific classes that happen to have a tanking build while rejecting every class in the game that is focused on dealing damage.

If anything, this means change means that even more classes will be unwelcome now.

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - September 27, 2014, 08:05:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781447  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 26, 2014, 18:02:31 | #16

Quote (khackt @ 26 September 2014 17:51) *
you can be locker tank and fire damager as a sac, you should try it, its fun. it's always been since burning blood was invented.
..and up until the lock was nerfed, yep.

Except locker tank is no longer a thing. I can only be damage now. Everything can dodge me now.

I don't understand why people don't get this and keep suggesting things to me.

I want to be a tank. I can no longer be a tank because i can't lock anything anymore. No matter what new class/build i try, i can't change that fact. I don't find anything fun in the game other than tanking.

I don't know thow i can possibly explain this more simply... I'm sure there are others that feel the same way.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781211  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 26, 2014, 17:43:09 | #17

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 26 September 2014 17:38) *

Quote (Legendary-AI @ 26 September 2014 10:23) *
As for me and 99% of the other players who don't play tanks it is pretty awesome that this %dodge is gone. Losing a turn because of a 5% chance... This is ridiculous.
Obviously the average player thinks its awesome because they can't actually think out side out their brains and all they care about is if a change helps their own personal character or not.

Loosing a turn because of a failed 5% dodge chance is fair, Because You will only fail 5 tries out of 95.

That system wasn't fair no matter how you look at it. The problem now is that you can't completely lock anything no matter how much lock you have. If you have lots of lock, enemies shouldn't be able to dodge you at all.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781203  Replies : 113  Views : 2069
posté September 26, 2014, 17:08:17 | #18

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 26 September 2014 16:32) *
leaving you wondering, why the hell are you even called a tank.

This is how i feel too...

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - September 26, 2014, 17:09:41.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781185  Replies : 113  Views : 2069