Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

krowakot's profile
Statistics
675 Posts (0.75 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté June 29, 2014, 17:42:26 | #1

Quote (AsuraBrasilX @ 29 June 2014 15:15) *
Finally! I don't know why so many players are tlaking somehting like "I quiting", "unistalled" or "i lost my will to play".
Do you really think that changing it from p2p to f2p will make the game worse?

In my case, recently I learned, that Wakfu Asia is f2p, so I started playing there. Then I learned, Remington is going f2p too, so I checked the info here. And here I learned about the 30% penalty for f2p here AND on Asia.
I actually quit Wakfu half year ago, because the game simply became to grindy for me on 115+ level. And with 30% penalty it must be absolute nightmare.

And that's why I want to quit on Asia and not even start on Remington. Too much grind in this game. And that's probably, because Ankama is already balancing the game around multiaccounters (they have much easier time with grinding than single client players).

Thread : News  Preview message : #750300  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté June 29, 2014, 10:24:55 | #2
Honestly, it's your own fault. If you knew Ankama better, you would know, that it's risky to buy p2p for more than a month.

You better should check, what will happen to you p2p, if Ankama suddenly decides to shutdown the server, Wakfu or even the entire company. My guess is, they will keep your money, because there is a rule saying that, hidden somewhere in their Terms of Use.

Thread : News  Preview message : #750248  Replies : 195  Views : 5477
posté June 29, 2014, 10:23:24 | #3
Seriously, I lost my entire will to play after reading these threads.

This post has been edited by krowakot - June 29, 2014, 10:24:33.
Thread : News  Preview message : #750246  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté June 28, 2014, 22:29:01 | #4
I like how people were complaining about Wakfu possibly becoming p2w, and now they're complaining that their rewards for paying with real money aren't good enough.

Thread : News  Preview message : #750160  Replies : 195  Views : 5477
posté June 28, 2014, 01:12:40 | #5
Dammit Ankama, this was perfect opportunity to do something about ridiculous grind in Wakfu. Idk now, I've lost my will to play. 70% xp/drop sounds like a nightmare to achieve something on high level.

And the best part is, that even if you buy premium for 1 day or 1 week, you still will have lowered xp/drop.

This post has been edited by krowakot - June 28, 2014, 01:17:31.
Thread : News  Preview message : #749937  Replies : 134  Views : 3963
posté June 27, 2014, 17:11:03 | #6

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 27 June 2014 16:50) *
SHE DOESN'T KNOW

It's not like she's hiding the price for fun... When she'll be able to tell us, she will.
Sorry, but you're really naive, if you think that she's not giving us more info, because she doesn't know. All she has to do is to ask. She's not telling us simply, because her supervisor told her not to. And that's probably because:
- They're still formulating the right words to present us bad news as good news
- and/or it's part of their marketing plan to give us only few informations at time

It's much easier to say "I can't tell you, because I don't know yet" than "I can't tell you, because my boss said so".

This post has been edited by krowakot - June 27, 2014, 17:15:41.
Thread : News  Preview message : #749811  Replies : 134  Views : 3963
posté June 27, 2014, 13:47:47 | #7
I'm pretty sure, it will be reduced xp/drop for all f2p players and premium (most likely the 30+ days one) will bring you back to current p2p xp/drop rates.

Just think about it. If it was otherwise (100% for f2p, 130% for p2p), Ankama wouldn't be so shady about it and clearly share all the info with us.

Right now they're formulating words to present us bad news as good news. And they're pretty good at it, remember this thread?
Click here
They basically increased p2p prices. Bad news huh? Of course, but just read the comments. The way Ankama told us about p2p prices increase (it's for the equality and friendship!) made A LOT of people think, that these were great news and they will gladly pay more.

I hope, I'm wrong. Grind in Wakfu is already ridiculous and lowering drop/exp rates even more would be awful.

This post has been edited by krowakot - June 27, 2014, 13:51:46.
Thread : News  Preview message : #749773  Replies : 134  Views : 3963
posté June 27, 2014, 13:39:03 | #8

Quote (Reime @ 27 June 2014 01:46) *
Getting real sick of people whining about multi-accounters. They aren't an issue, and if they decide to help keep the game alive by handing Ankama money, then so be it. Majority of the time as of late, people who play one account would more than likely not do anything in the game without the help of someone who can fill slots in a party, or etc. If anything the free to play change will bring in more people just as it has for Wakfu Asia.
Sorry, but you have absolutely no idea, what you're talkig about. Multiaccounting is massive problem and the game much be much better without it.
The only reason, why Ankama allows people to multiclient, is the extra money from their alts.

Thread : News  Preview message : #749771  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté June 25, 2014, 09:51:04 | #9
When I don't want to do certain things, but I have to just to make the progress in mmorpg.
For example, if I run 10 dungeons in 1 day, but I enjoy every minute of it, it's not a grind. However if I'm doing eve 1 dungeon run, but I hate it and I just want to end it already - then it's a grind.
Basically, the grind starts when the fun ends.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #749170  Replies : 26  Views : 620
posté June 25, 2014, 09:43:05 | #10

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 25 June 2014 09:29) *
Some people enjoy crafting which means spending a copious amount of time gathering materials (I personally spent weeks planting and gathering flowers to max 3 leather dealers, it was an experience). If said materials and seeds vanish overnight, good luck buying your bread and having equipment made for you (granted crafting equipment is lacklustre compared to the dropped counterpart).
I'd rather a small community with a thriving ecosystem, stable politics, less bots, no gold spamming and a booming economy over an overpopulated server where the uniqueness of Wakfu is completely obliterated by the swarms of F2P players.
The thing is, Ankama isn't going to maintain the server just for few people, who like to farm. MMORPG needs players to survive.
And again, maybe you should try something different than mmorpgs, if farming resources is something, you love. There are planty of games, that focus on gathering resources, crafting, etc. for the cost of multiplayer aspect.

Also, I'm not sure do you realize, but you and all those anti-f2p people in this thread are extremely selfish. "You can't afford p2p? Gtfo, you aren't going to play this game AT ALL. And no, I don't want f2p for you, because maybe it could ruin MINE fun. I'll gladly keep paying for subscription, just so you won't play."
This is exactly, what you're saying between the words.

This post has been edited by krowakot - June 25, 2014, 09:46:22.
Thread : News  Preview message : #749165  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté June 25, 2014, 09:18:49 | #11
I see a lot of people complaining, that new f2p players may ruin the ecosystem. If ecosystem and gathering resources is all you care about, then maybe you should play Farmville or something?
Because I play mmorpg for... multiplayer. I'll rather play on populated server with bad ecosystem, than on empty server with good ecosystem.

I also used to play on f2p Beta Wakfu, now I play on f2p Wakfu Asia and I haven't really noticed any armageddon caused by f2p players.
This may be a shock for you, but guess what. Just because you want to pay for subscription for an online game, doesn't mean you're better person than those, who don't want (or simply can't afford) to pay.

This post has been edited by krowakot - June 25, 2014, 09:28:27.
Thread : News  Preview message : #749156  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté June 24, 2014, 19:44:26 | #12

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 24 June 2014 19:27) *
Because there IS a difference between communities in F2P and P2P games. ANYONE can play F2P, which means a lot of kids, trolls ect.
To play on P2P, you need money, which many people won't pay, especially those who just want to troll ect, which leaves more mature players in the game. (Of course that doesn't mean all the players are mature in P2P games)
You just put those "facts" out of your ass, didn't you?

I'm pretty sure, kids can find the ways to buy p2p. I'm also pretty sure, that you could find many douchebags among subscribers.

I just find it really silly, that you categorize people for good and bad ones, based on who pays subscription in a mmorpg.

This post has been edited by krowakot - June 24, 2014, 19:46:53.
Thread : News  Preview message : #748934  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté June 24, 2014, 19:22:13 | #13

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 24 June 2014 19:11) *
I am so worried about this.

F2P people ruin stuff almost across the board. They haven't invested in the game, so what is to stop them from destroying the ecosystem at every turn, just so they can craft some low level junk they don't even need?

We are going to see so many botters.

Probably going to see drop rates lowered even more, when what we need is a buff to the rates.

Ugh. So hard not to be pessimistic.

I hope, at least, that you expand the Guild sizes to beyond 200 people, so we can make the most of our limited Haven Worlds.

I also really REALLY wish you'd shared, immediately, what will be done for current subscribers, and what similar options are available down the road for those who actually want to subscribe.

I also really wish you didn't force f2p on us. It is almost always a scourge. I am so so so worried about being forced to make micro-transactions. I am going to worry about this endlessly until I see information posted otherwise.

Please give us more info Sabi
I have a question about comments like this. What makes you assume, that f2p players are some animals? That they will ruin the server, ecosystem, everything? That they're dumber than p2p players?

You know, just because someone doesn't want to pay subscription, doesn't mean he's retarded.

Thread : News  Preview message : #748924  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté June 24, 2014, 18:59:33 | #14

Quote (Adranath @ 24 June 2014 18:55) *
f2p is a must for sure! As you say - this is the new era ... but ...
You should limit the multiacounting that way, cuz u won't profit from them and they can destroy the balance - rulling over the market etc.! So mu suggestion is to LIMIT multiacc to 2 max from same IP or something like that! 2 accounts is more than enuff to farming mobs and cheap stuff and will be impossible to kill UB and pretty hard to run dungeons ...
Limiting multiaccounting would be perfect for this. Not only for players, but also for Ankama, because they aren't going to get much money from f2p alts, but they would from selling sidekicks.

But this won't happen, simply because it's too late. There are too many multiaccounters already and Ankama can't just tell them "Remember those alts, you were exping and getting items for 2 years? Guess what, we just made them unplayable.".

The only thing they could do is to open completely new serves with with 1acc/player limit.

This post has been edited by krowakot - June 24, 2014, 19:03:31.
Thread : News  Preview message : #748907  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté June 24, 2014, 18:48:16 | #15
Btw Sabi, notice the major thing, people are complaining in this thread about.

Multiaccounting. I'm wondering, when Ankama will finally realize, that multiaccounting is the biggest problem of their games. And in long term maybe that extra p2p money from alts isn't worth of completely ruining the mmo spirit in your games and losing players.

Thread : News  Preview message : #748899  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté June 24, 2014, 18:30:02 | #16

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 24 June 2014 17:57) *
Sabi, the major part of our community wasn't ever asking for f2p. Clever people are clearly understanding why should they pay money for a good product. Only stupi- cough, not very smart people were creating those endless "Wakfu should be f2p QQ!!!!" threads.

At least, please give us an option to remain on the current subscription based model. Let brainless people choose f2p and let others live in peace for 6 bucks/month.
You don't want to pay for something, that could be free = you're an idiot. Can't argue with that logic!

I also would like to know, how do you know, what the majority of players thinks. Because I'm pretty sure, that the majority of potential players (and Wakfu needs many of those to survive) is looking forward to f2p.

Of course, the biggest drawback is multiaccounting. But p2p didn't stop it in Dofus and it won't stop it in Wakfu.

Thread : News  Preview message : #748886  Replies : 303  Views : 12527
posté December 30, 2013, 22:08:39 | #17
The result of this changes still isn't here. Many people declared, that they quit, but I'm pretty sure they are staying to use their last ogrines. Then they will quit and then you will finally see, how terrible these changes were.

Thread : News  Preview message : #658015  Replies : 237  Views : 7167
posté December 28, 2013, 21:12:08 | #18
I'd like to see more air + something-else-than-water gear. I mean, on 100+ lvl there are like 10 air/water sets and only few different air sets. Idk, what was the reasoning behind this. Was the designer in love with air/water hybrids or what?

This post has been edited by krowakot - December 31, 2013, 04:38:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #657389  Replies : 290  Views : 11874
posté December 28, 2013, 16:10:18 | #19
He's got a point tho. They did release the game too soon, when it was in very early stage. But Ankama wanted Wakfu to make money already. Most of the players left, because they didn't want to pay for a game with very small content, bazillion bugs and awful class balance.
And that problem is still here. Today, the designers have to make the content ridiculously grindy just so they have enough time to release new things.

Oh and if you think, that Wakfu is in bad spot right now, just wait few months. Many people still play only because they still have some p2p time left. And they aren't going to refresh their subscription with new ogrine/p2p prices.
Also I'm pretty sure, that until then Ankama will come up with another idea to squeeze more money out of the players. They can't spam "buy multimen!" posts forever, they will need something else to keep the money income.

This post has been edited by krowakot - December 28, 2013, 16:12:54.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #657295  Replies : 34  Views : 1717
posté December 27, 2013, 20:12:10 | #20
That's what happens when a company wants too much money too fast with a minimal investment.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #657111  Replies : 34  Views : 1717