Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

TaobaSanjuro's profile
Statistics
102 Posts (0.09 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 07, 2014, 07:14:31 | #1
The next revamp? Cra, Sacrier, or Eca. Those are the only three whose skills would actually be changed enough to be called a revamp.

Changes? Those classes, plus Foggernauts and Iops. The rest really only need relatively minor changes. I guess Sadidas could use small changes to their dolls to make the other ones more useful, such as a bit better AP/MP reduction scaling, and some love to the Voodoll + Earth Branch synergy as well.

PS: I started a thread in the Pandawa forums regarding changes that we'd like to see done for the Pandawas. We'll see what Ankama wants Pandawas to be soon enough on the Beta servers, but we should probably start the hype train / wish lists / etc. someday. :V

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785197  Replies : 31  Views : 816
posté October 05, 2014, 18:08:34 | #2
Thoughts on Possible Pandawa Changes Hey, people! So, in the spirit of thinking about all the major and minor things Pandawas could use to be a solid class with complementary abilities, how about we talk about them? They've been more or less mentioned throughout the years, but we should probably compile them here for the upcoming Pandawa revamp "soon (tm)".

Of note, we've all wanted to be able to pick up and drop the barrel without a real penalty so as to make switching to and from Earth easier, summon barrels on the player to make starting the Earth thing faster, how Merry is an awesome AND awful buff at the same time, how Dizzy is equally useful and not that useful, how Karchamrak's stacking is cool but kinda feels weird to be able to do, how AP/MP costs on spells are pretty limiting on Pandawas, how useful certain actives and passives might be or how they might detract from possible power elsewhere (or how antiquated they are nowadays), and the usefulness of some elemental spells, among other things. (Pandawhack, I'm looking at you!)

In other words, use this thread to either mention changes suggested in the past, or talk about changes you really want to see out of Pandawas! Speak away!

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #784619  Replies : 24  Views : 1344
posté October 02, 2014, 00:08:22 | #3
Hi. Panderp here, confirming that Water / Fire is a very typical build for Pandawas.

Or Earth / whatever.

Also, Fire Eniripsas are really strong, but I'm probably going to be yelled at by Eniripsas that want to keep that seekrit. o3o

Also also, although Water / Air Xelors are really dominating in controlling players via AP reduction, Fire / Air Xelors are very bursty. I do share a similar complaint in that I wish more classes lacked Fire branches in favor of Air. I really love Air branches that are more about larger hits, instead of a ton of light hits.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783287  Replies : 32  Views : 1218
posté September 28, 2014, 16:21:40 | #4
The short version of this story is that the game's currently in an interim state where there's two styles of balance: old-style and new-style. They're changing all the classes to the new style, giving them more and better tools to do their jobs, as well as changing gear / skill / crafting progression to get ready for future content past Enurado.

Also, PvP, Politics, and a couple of other systems that they had haven't been the most interesting nor influential things in their game so far, so they're trying to make them more interesting.

Also also, we have a thing with calling pretty much any change a revamp, but it's not really true. A fair number of classes have just a number of changes that should be made, but their underlying tropes won't probably change for a while.

tl;dr: They're got a lot of content, but it's just that it's not all up to par with what it can and should be.

This post has been edited by TaobaSanjuro - September 28, 2014, 16:23:17.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781880  Replies : 65  Views : 1731
posté September 23, 2014, 17:14:18 | #5
I've been kinda considering trying to update one of the wikis (I remember there's an even older one, besides the utterly-antiquated GamerEscape one), but I'm busy doing a couple of other things nowadays. (Like grinding to 140)

It's a thing some people kind of want to do, since Wakfu-Elements isn't the end-all repository for monsters and character skills and other miscellaneous Wakfu details.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779521  Replies : 8  Views : 392
posté September 20, 2014, 17:07:55 | #6
It's a joke situation. They wouldn't give it to you, anyway, and it's mostly to make fun of movies that use those things as "cuisine". :V

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778304  Replies : 3  Views : 272
posté September 19, 2014, 02:31:00 | #7
Dizzy Animation and Sound Effect Continues to Play Past Combat End Character Name: Mielle
Date and Time: 18 September 2014 @ 8:14 PM
Map: Fungopole
Server: Nox

Bug Description: After finishing a combat encounter as a Pandawa and having used a dizzy-inflicting water spell, the dizzy animation and sound effect sometimes remains on the map.

In the cases I've been able to reproduce this bug, the visual bug appears in the location displayed in Screenshot 1; the sound effect can be heard on any other location on the map. (In fact, the sound effect doesn't increase or reduce in intensity, as some sound effects in the game do based on distance; it always sounds as if it were directly adjacent to your character.) However, the bug can be moved to different maps! Screenshot 2 shows that this visual bug can be moved to the Castuc Graveyard by walking through to the map boundary from the Fungopole. (Edit: I've been able to also move the audio effect to Castuc Desert. Dunno where the visual effect is, though.)

I vaguely remember that the bug also occurs in the Snowbound Village in Frigost, but I don't remember if it's occurred in any aboveground area.

As the Screenshots show, the glitch seems to be close to an entrance or exit to and from an area. The glitch can be moved to pretty much any map in the game by teleporting via Teleport of Scriptures, Zaaps, or Drago-Turkeys.

Reproducibility Process: Not sure. However, I have made sure that the following must have taken place in the previous combat encounter to trigger this bug:

a. The Pandawa must have used a dizzy-inflicting spell. (Haven't been able to trigger it with Earth spells, but I'm not an Earth Pandawa, so that'd be time-consuming to say the least.)

b. The Pandawa must have won the combat encounter. (Can't have died.)

It may be that Explosive Flask triggers this bug if it lands the killing blow. Although it's been the case for both times the bug has occurred, I don't have definitive proof that this is the case. In both cases, the final blow has been an un-Explosion-proccing Explosive Flask (AKA, the spell without the additional Dizzy effect).

As a side-note, I have always been in a party with my Krosmoglob partner when this bug has occurred. I am not sure if teleporting fixes the glitch, as the game crashed on me this time and I don't remember if the bug persisted past the map on previous occasions. Neither teleportation via any mean nor starting and finishing another fight (without possibly triggering the problem) fixes the glitch; only returning to the Character Select screen fixes it.

This bug has occurred in both the Linux (64-bit) and Windows versions of the game. Screenshots are from the Linux version of the game.

Screenshots:

Click here - The Fungopole, where the bug was first created. Visual glitch is next to the map boundary square to Castuc Graveyard.
Click here - Castuc Graveyard, where the bug was moved by walking to the area. Visual glitch is next to the map boundary square to Castuc Desert.

This post has been edited by TaobaSanjuro - September 19, 2014, 02:53:15.
Reason for edit : Explain where the visual glitch is found on the screenshots, and add more information after having recreated the bug.
Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #777763  Replies : 0  Views : 72
posté September 19, 2014, 00:13:36 | #8
First and second are single-target. The rest are AoE.

All of them are close-combat save for maybe Lactic Acid. And maybe Blisskrieg if Ankama is horribly derpy and made a mistake.

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #777723  Replies : 2  Views : 775
posté September 19, 2014, 00:09:00 | #9
There is some Tin Ore in the sewers, though. It's 6 or so veins near the Nanny Larva hole. Tale the northeast exit from the central part of the sewers.

I presume that there's more small nooks of Tin Ore in the sewers, too.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777721  Replies : 5  Views : 4408
posté September 18, 2014, 16:16:15 | #10
This'd be better suited to the suggestions forum, but.

+1

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #777486  Replies : 7  Views : 280
posté September 18, 2014, 07:27:15 | #11
Well, I'll add my two cents. I was almost able to beat a Sadida 8 levels above my own (127 v 135) by BEING SMART and letting the Sadida position themselves for perfect combos. Granted, the fact that Dairy Springer and Barrelhop exist helped, but the area helped the Sadida keep my barrel hidden from Line of Sight. (I also abused positioning by placing myself in the closest spot to the Sadida right before the fight started.)

I can think of ways on how an Iop can replicate the same exact strategy. As can a Sacrier. Rogues can handle it if they're Fire, or if they do some fancy footwork and AoE stuff.

In other words, beating a Sadida just really needs some sort of good AoE and some survivability, or some way to stay on the target and burst them fast, or something along those lines.

The current iteration of Pandawas can be overbearing in 1v1 combat if they keep some sort of Dizzy on you, but they're not behemoths. Keep them LoS'd off their barrel, and they'll usually get desperate. They usually don't have your straightforward power, so take that into your advantage.

tl;dr: It's a tactical game. Use more tactics (and more varied builds) to beat your enemies. Also, play the other classes to understand how their tactics work and plan against them.

PS: The fabled Skill Update / Revamp should give us more XP to allocate to abilities, apparently. That might help, too.

PS2: Eagerly awaiting "but what if they use more tactics???" response.

This post has been edited by TaobaSanjuro - September 18, 2014, 07:30:00.
Reason for edit : More explanation on how to deal with enemies.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777377  Replies : 30  Views : 1221
posté September 17, 2014, 02:30:01 | #12

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 17 September 2014 01:55) *

Quote (TaobaSanjuro @ 17 September 2014 00:36) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 17 September 2014 00:26) *
It seems to me like we need another ultimate boss

We're due for one were all 160 right now and the last ultimate boss we had was 120

I know theyre hard to balance ankama but weve been waiting for a certain *coughs* big sandhill *coughs* for a long time now.

I need a real challenge
We really do need Big Sandhill or something. It'd be kind of cool to have it be an offshoot of Oh Why Me Ohwymi, maybe with some antlion monsters or something, but...

Alternately, fight an avatar of the Gods. :V

Or UB Hard Modes. *shudders uncontrollably*
I'd be all about HC mode on UBs but i'm afraid it would piss off the casuals even more than they already are.

HC black crow dear god I can't even begin to imagine
Well, I'm more or less a casual. I mean, I just hit level 126 yesterday, and I've been playing my Panda main since CB. :V And I'd presume HC BC would be lots of AoEs, more moving around, and less MP. In other words, frustrating mostly because the lack of MP.

Note: Generally, it's in bad taste to divide players between casuals and hardcores or whatever. We all want to enjoy this game, and enjoying this game involves playing it with minimal bugs.

Note 2, this time more generally to the topic at hand: Tokens provide a service that is invaluable in order to truly pinpoint the actual value of an item by stating the Minimum Viable Cost of obtaining the item. This cost allows players to actually price things more correctly over the time-honored but oft-useless tradition of ABSURD QUANTITIES OF KAMAS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I THINK THE PRICE SHOULD BE. It also guarantees the time cost of obtaining an item, because you'll get it sooner or later. This plus a randomized drop rate is perfectly fine because the point is in what you do with gear, not in just getting gear.

Now go and play a game, damn it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776843  Replies : 163  Views : 4004
posté September 17, 2014, 00:36:16 | #13

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 17 September 2014 00:26) *
It seems to me like we need another ultimate boss

We're due for one were all 160 right now and the last ultimate boss we had was 120

I know theyre hard to balance ankama but weve been waiting for a certain *coughs* big sandhill *coughs* for a long time now.

I need a real challenge
We really do need Big Sandhill or something. It'd be kind of cool to have it be an offshoot of Oh Why Me Ohwymi, maybe with some antlion monsters or something, but...

Alternately, fight an avatar of the Gods. :V

Or UB Hard Modes. *shudders uncontrollably*

This post has been edited by TaobaSanjuro - September 17, 2014, 00:38:36.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776806  Replies : 163  Views : 4004
posté September 16, 2014, 20:10:23 | #14

Quote (Chompers @ 16 September 2014 18:10) *
I don't believe you can use the boats in astrub but you can use your nation boat to get there then make sure you remember the zaaps you need and you can use those from any nation as long as you are not a outlaw and such.
This is correct: You can use your nation's boats to reach locations in other nations, even if you're an outlaw of that other nation. Zaaps lock themselves if you're an outlaw or at war with that other nation.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776717  Replies : 9  Views : 433
posté September 16, 2014, 19:36:41 | #15

Quote (Ryuujikyon @ 16 September 2014 19:10) *
I have to agree, they are a bit high cost. They could reduce it by... idk half.
Actually, I'd love it if they were made in batches of 5 stones per craft with somewhat less resources per stone. I think at this point the 120 stones require 24 units of 4 different materials, and 160 stones require 48 units of 4 different materials? I'd be happy with 15-20 units for the 120 stones and 30-40 units for the 160 stones.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776698  Replies : 57  Views : 1251
posté September 16, 2014, 19:30:52 | #16

Quote (Variar @ 16 September 2014 10:49) *
ITT: PvE players angry about Ankama making content, which they have already cleared, easier. Wait for new additions.

ITT: PvP players drunk on the recent changes, defend a system that is incredibly bad, abusable and flawed.

Ankama needs to introduce a separate gear progression for PvP and PvE, similar to every other MMO out there that has both scenes healthy and active. They cannot have a cake and eat it to, interweaving both play styles is impossible.

PvE players with easy content have nothing to do after a short while, having nothing to work for or reason to do so, because everybody else earns what they did with no challenge. This renders their game play focus moot.

PvP players on the other hand cannot be forced into PvE first to gain gear to be finally on an even ground with other competitors. This thread is an example of what happens - easy to acquire gear, ideas of limitations to further slow down people with time to spare and the notion that PvP is a new end game for everybody. Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, the PvP system that we received is nothing significant. I would even argue, that it has barely anything to do with PvP at all, since people get to high ranking spots by grinding low level alts, instead of actually player combat.

You people are like children, arguing about whose toy is better and more important. Neither is.
Saying that things are impossible is equally-shortsighted of you.

The point of this patch was to put people on the level playing field of how valuable statistics and gear currently is. The fact that they added PvP is a side-game that you can play, and you'll either win or lose based on who you ended up fighting with. Yes, you can fight against a level 153 Masqueraider that bursts your level 138 whatever because you didn't have the gear or didn't start far enough away to have at least a turn, but you could have also ended up fighting against a level 116 whatever and could have won equally well. Or lost. I saw that kind of thing happen. (Was pretty hilarious tbh.)

The next steps for Ankama are to introduce new areas with increasingly-difficult PvE combat, now that ~150-160 is the balancing point for gear and stuff, and balance the pre-existing classes with regards to the new power level so as to make them equally relevant in dueling and group PvP.

The systems you know and love for PvP didn't pop out of nowhere in that state; they evolved through time. Ankama doesn't have a roadmap like WoW-like games because their game is pretty different. Therefore, you should expect there to be a period of adaptation where things aren't very balanced.

I'd like to ask a different question to segue into a slightly better conversation: Does Dofus use the Token system, and, if so, how are they similar or different to how Wakfu handles it?

PS: As an aside, despite the game being relatively unpopulated compared to other real-time combat MMOs, The Secret World has pretty well-balanced PvP and PvE tracks that allow you to take your gear into the other side and work equally well. In fact, it's probably one of the smoothest systems I've seen, and it's pretty fun to do your dungeons for the day and then go to some PvP.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776696  Replies : 163  Views : 4004
posté September 16, 2014, 17:45:38 | #17
Trapper Harvest "Dark Skin" limited to 1 item per harvest. Hi. I've been having a problem with harvesting the Dark Skins off Black Wabbits. Here's the problem:

Character name: Mielle
Date and time: Since 14 September 2014
Map: Wabbit Island
Server: Nox

Bug description:
Whenever I try to harvest the "Dark Skin" item from Black Wabbits, whether alive or dead, I only receive one item, whereas all other harvests give a varying amount of resources. I presume this is a bug after Patch 1.36 Hotfix 2's mentioning of a similar problem with Radiant Skin.
Reproducibility process: Harvest a Dark Skin from a Black Wabbit. Should be all you need.

Screenshots: None; it should be self-explanatory. I can get a screenshot if needed.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #776653  Replies : 1  Views : 108
posté September 12, 2014, 18:15:07 | #18
Congratulations!

Now you can be everyone's favorite person: Cash Money.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775058  Replies : 22  Views : 897
posté September 12, 2014, 18:09:39 | #19
I tested this on Beta @ 117 and 145, with respective gear, and it's worked pretty well for me:

Intelligence - %HP, Resistance, %HP Regeneration based on Missing HP, Life Leech +%
Strength - (Element) Resist and Damages. [Just balance your stats around all four and you'll have a good base.]
Agility - Initiative and dodge. [If you really want to play with fire, go for pure Initiative. You have Barrelhop and Karchamrak. Don't you ever forget about that. :v]
Chance - Critical Hit %, Critical Hit Damage %. [Lower your the Crit. Hit Damage for Backstab Damage % only if you go for the Dairy Springer close-range backstab combo thing.]
Major - AP, MP and Damage are pretty much mandatory of Pandawas. Other than that, you can probably make a case for anything.
  • Range and Damage opens up mid-long-range AoE kiting shenanigans.
  • Wakfu Points allows you to last longer in your Merry-making or teleporting ways.
  • Final Damage is a decent boost in actual damage. (There's a forum post in the General Discussion forums wherein the math is explained. Check it out!)
I don't recommend Kit Skill because it's a waste of gear-based and guild-based Kit Skill, but some people can definitely use it, especially later on in the levels, so long as you can get your hands on that gear.

Life Leech +% might sound small, but it adds up over the length of most fights that aren't burst-fests, and makes you really hilarious when dealing with groups. A bit of barrel positioning can help make this happen via Milk Fountain.

Element-wise, both Water/Fire and Earth/Fire are pretty strong and you can backstab with both of them. If anything would skew the match to the Earth side, it'd be Blisskrieg's absurdly-high base damage, but the amount of hits at range you can throw on Water/Fire can make it more reliable. I don't really think I've seen Water/Earth, but it doesn't have the synergy that I'd want out of a Pandawa. You can probably stat a Tribrid by now, with all the Tri-elemental gear, so you can abuse elemental resistances that way if you want, too.

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #775056  Replies : 6  Views : 2053
posté September 11, 2014, 17:23:32 | #20
Heal % is basically an addition to Elemental Damage whenever you heal. Master of Merriment, Remaining HP Healing, and Life Leech / Damage Drain / whatever are all healing abilities that don't have an elemental damage component. Therefore, Heal % does NOT influence their bonuses.

Heals Received, however, does. :v

PS: I'm decently sure about this from my minor testing during beta and in live servers, but someone may prove me wrong.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774353  Replies : 1  Views : 124