Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Ekmidenisi's profile
Statistics
718 Posts (0.6 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté March 24, 2014, 01:52:31 | #1
If possible, can you harvest something ~20 times without your seal, ~20 times with your seal, take screenshots of your green chat, and show the difference? ^^

I posted pictures in your other thread that showed my seal was definitely working for trees (usually 1-4, I got 1-6 with seal), monster seeds (gobball seeds are 1-5, I got 1-8 with seal), and fish (piris give 1, but seal boosted it to 1-2. Seal does boost resources that would otherwise only give 1). And a couple of other people said their seals were working, too.

It is possible that this is a bug that is only affecting your character for some reason (crazier things have happened! ), but more people are saying their seals are working than not working, and we don't have any evidence from you yet!

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #705013  Replies : 3  Views : 271
posté March 23, 2014, 11:06:42 | #2
Pet feeding times will be changed to reset at midnight. I've seen a lot of people talking about pet feeding times, and I just found this post by Bouillie on the French forum that was made a couple days ago.

Here's a rough Google Translate translation that I cleaned up a tiny bit:

Hello, I'm going to make a quick clarification on the subject, since it was I who made ​​the changes to the interface and mechanics. (With some help from Zeorus!)

First of all, we were required to make 2 patches that were a week apart. Because of that, some changes were required to be made this week: the food giving a whole level at once and fighting no longer giving pets experience. All other changes will happen this Tuesday.

Regarding the debates of 24 hour feeding times, there has been a misunderstanding. Precisely, the old system was based on time differences between each use of food, which gradually shifted pet feeding times.

The system right now (Before March 25th):
-You can not feed your pet twice within 24 hours.
-You have to feed your pet once every 72 hours.

The new system will use a notion of days, rather than time intervals.

On Tuesday (After March 25th):
-You will be able to feed your pet twice within a day.
-You have to feed your pet once every 3 days.

As you can see, we keep the notion of minimum time (so you don't overfeed your pet) and maximum time (so the pet does not die of hunger), but it is much more flexible.

Example 1 (The upcoming system):
I feed my pet on March 21st at 23:59.
I can also feed my pet on March 22nd at 00:01, and it will not lose HP.

Example 2 (The upcoming system):
I feed my pet on March 22nd at 00:01.
I have until March 25th at 23:59 to feed my pet before it loses HP.
So basically, after the mini update on the 25th, pet feeding times will reset for everyone at midnight, instead of resetting after 24 hours.  

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - March 23, 2014, 11:17:58.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #704711  Replies : 4  Views : 407
posté March 21, 2014, 11:17:50 | #3

Quote (FeldePard @ 21 March 2014 09:44) *
I'm talking about SEAL ONLY harvesting. No other gears, just seal of companionship. How are your harvestings going? Any problems?
Everything seems to be okay here!

I tried harvesting Frozen Cuttings, Gobball Seeds, and Piri Pirhianas, and everything gave the expected numbers.

Frozen Trees give 1-4 cuttings without a seal, and should give 1-6 cuttings with a seal. (1.5, 3, 4.5, 6 turn into 1 or 2 at 50% chance, 3, 4 or 5 at 50% chance, and 6)

Gobballs give 1-5 seeds without a seal, and should give 1-8 seeds with a seal. (1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5 turn into 1 or 2 at 50% chance, 3, 4 or 5 at 50% chance, 6, and 7 or 8 at 50% chance.)

Piri Pirhiana spots only give 1 Piri Pirhiana without a seal, so they should give 1-2 with a seal. (1.5, so 1 or 2 at 50% chance.)

This is how the seal has always worked for me (since that April 2013 update), and those 3 resources have always given those same numbers, so nothing seems to have changed on my end.

It could be that Ankama changed the base values for whichever thing you're testing on, or you might have hit a super unlucky streak, but it doesn't look like the seal works any differently.

Which resources in particular are you noticing that are giving lower numbers than usual?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #698593  Replies : 16  Views : 694
posté March 21, 2014, 09:15:22 | #4

Quote (Asthis @ 21 March 2014 08:26) *
Was this recently? D:
The current system (the one that Warrada explained) has been in place since the April 2013 update.

While it wasn't mentioned explicitly in the patch notes, they mentioned fixes to broken +harvest equipment:

Bags granting a gathering bonus: They will now be taken into account (Special poke: TommyTrouble ♥).
Goldigger's Pick & Mine Helmet: The gathering bonus will correctly apply when these items are equipped.
Lumberjack Hatchet: The bonus of +10% success in planting will correctly applies.
Those "fixes" put us in our current system.

The earliest actual mention of this system I could find from anybody was in this post from May 27, and I don't think anything has changed since then. (My Seal of Companionship seems to be working like it has been since then, anyway. )

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - March 21, 2014, 09:16:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #698531  Replies : 16  Views : 694
posté March 04, 2014, 04:08:57 | #5
I don't think so!

It looks like all Rogues will add to the same "Fire Wall" state, no matter whose fire wall is actually stepped on. (Stepping on the 252 damage fire wall made the state go to +2, and stepping on the other Rogue's fire wall brought it to +3.)

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #687413  Replies : 4  Views : 806
posté March 01, 2014, 11:37:59 | #6
Edit: Yeah, what Kami said.

Hiya!

That's super close, but you also need to have the passive ability "Osamodas's Blessing" leveled up.

At level 20, Osamodas's Blessing gives you +10 of a thing called Summoning Skill.

10 Summoning Skill means for every point in control, Osas are able to summon 10 more levels worth of monsters that aren't above the Osa's own level. (It's exactly how you described it! If you're level 30, have 3 control, and have level 20 Osamodas's Blessing, you can summon two level 30 monsters, but not a level 60 monster.)

If Osamodas's Blessing is level 20, you'll have 10 Summoning Skill. 3 Control will let you summon 30 more levels worth of monsters.

If Osamodas's Blessing is level 10, you'll have 5 Summoning Skill. 3 Control will let you summon 15 more levels worth of monsters.

If Osamodas's Blessing is level 0, you won't have any Summoning Skill. 3 Control won't add to your summon level cap. (But in this case, if you were level 30, you could still summon 3 monsters that are level 10! Without Osamodas's Blessing, control still lets you summon more monsters. It just doesn't let you summon above your current level cap.)

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - March 01, 2014, 11:39:28.
Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #686573  Replies : 4  Views : 545
posté March 01, 2014, 02:04:50 | #7
A look at the boost to Osa's healing summons in the next update. After the next update, Osa summons are getting a huge boost in their ability to heal!

(That's pretty much the best-case scenario, though. Osas won't constantly be healing 1000!)

Currently, summons with heal spells don't benefit from CMC damage or general damage buffs. That means their heals can only be as high as their base bonus damage, lowered to 70% from Gobup. After the update, their heals will benefit from all kinds of damage buffs!

Here's a short summary of "main" healers (there are many other summons that can heal, like exotic crabs and ocushus, but those tend to be side effects of other abilities and can't reliably heal allies):

Gobbette (Level 15): 15 base heals x2. Can get passive 200% buff for most of fight.
Fluffy Gobbette (Level 36): 36 base heals x2. Can get passive 200% buff for most of fight.
Crobeak (Level 72): 72 base heals. Heals every team member except the crobeak. 3 Turn cooldown.
Standard-Bearing Whisperer (Level 95): 32 base heals x2. Can heal two different allies, but can't heal a single ally twice.
Cracktite (Level 108): 36 base heals x2. AoE is a 4 tile line directly in front of the cracktite.
Wabbit Shawpshootew (Level 140): 60 base heals x2 + 70 base heals, or 70 base heals x2. 60 heal spells is single target while 70 heal spell has a small cross AoE.

More in-depth explanation:

Fluffy Gobbette (Level 36)

Fluffy gobbettes are great healers for their level! Fluffy gobbettes are only found in the cloudy gobball dungeon.

Since fluffy gobbettes have 5 AP, Hug will usually be limited to twice per turn, although it can be used more if the gobbette gets more AP.

At level 41 (or at level 36 if the Osa has 2 Control and at least level 6 Osamodas's Blessing), an Osa can summon a level 5 gobbly and fluffy gobbette, kill the gobbly, and give the fluffy gobbette a 200% damage buff called Maternal Fury.

With that buff alone, the gobbette will be able to heal 108 HP with each Hug, for about 216 HP in a turn. (And more with spells and CMC gear, although there isn't a lot of CMC equipment until the celestial tofu set at level 48.)

If possessed, the gobbette can keep that buff for the rest of the battle. Gobbettes have the spells Burning Kiss and Furious Kiss. Burning Kiss and Furious Kiss are almost the same spell, but gobbettes usually use Furious Kiss when they have Maternal Fury. Furious Kiss makes Maternal Fury go away. If the gobbette is possessed and only uses Hug and Burning Kiss, the gobbette can keep Maternal Fury for the rest of the battle.

Level 15 gobbettes are really great healers at level 15 for the same reason. They can use 2 Hugs to heal for 15 + 15, or 45 + 45 with Maternal Fury.

Crobeak (Level 72)

I was originally only going to include summons with consistent and more spammable heals, but I thought crobeaks deserved a special mention.

Lucky Crobeak heals everything on your team except for the crobeak, and gives all allies (including the crobeak) a 30% damage buff. Lucky Crobeak has a 3 turn cooldown, meaning you can cast it on turn 1, can't cast it on turn 2, can't cast it on turn 3, and can cast it again on turn 4.

This can be very nice in a situation where you're in a full group and many people have taken some damage.

A crobeak only has a 62% water damage bonus without buffs, which means the heal would ordinarily heal all allies for 116 HP.

After the update, at level 72, if you can buff that up to 250%, your crow can heal all allies for 252 HP. If all 6 of people in your group can use that heal, you're healing about 1500 HP in total!

At level 140, you can buff that up to about 450% with two whips and 150% CMC damage, healing every ally for 400 HP. It's also pretty easy to summon 2 crows, which would let you heal every ally for 800 HP every 3 turns, or every ally for 400 HP for 2 turns while skipping a turn of heals.

Standard-Bearing Whisperer (Level 95)

Standard-bearing whisperers aren't as great healers.

Healing Whisper can only heal one ally per turn. While Healing Whisper can usually only be used twice per turn since the whisperer only has 8 AP, it can be used on 3 allies if the whisperer gets 1 more AP.

Standard-bearing whisperers have 166% bonus water damage without buffs. If buffed up to 400% bonus damage, the whisperer can heal 175 HP on two different allies.

Cracktite (Level 108)

The cracktite's Crack'n'Ice spell has the same base heals as the fluffy gobbette.

Crack'n'Ice has an AoE that hits 4 tiles in front of the the cracktite, damaging enemies and healing allies inside of the AoE. This can be really useful if you have an ally next to an enemy, or a line of 3 or 4 allies next to each other.

There are actually two Crack'n'Ice spells that are slightly different.

Crack'n'Ice in slot 3 can be used on a target directly next to the cracktite.

Crack'n'Ice in slot 4 can't be used directly on a target. This version of the spell has to be used on an empty tile, hitting the next 3 targets in the AoE.

Both Crack'n'Ices can only be used once per turn.

With a base bonus of 236% water damage, an Osa can probably buff their cracktite up to 500% water damage with spells and equipment. With 500% bonus damage, a cracktite can heal up to 4 allies for 216 HP with each hit.

Wabbit Shawpshootew (Level 140)

A wabbit shawpshootew has 245% damage bonus with level 9 Gobup, and Cawwot Fwag heals for 70. That means the wabbit can currently heal about 241 on a normal hit and 361 on a critical hit.

After the update, if you have about 150% CMC damage, level 140 Boohowl, and level 140 Whip (if you're using an 11 AP build), your wabbit can get up to 671% bonus damage without crits. It'll heal for 539 on regular hits and 809 on crits.

If both Boohowl and Whip also get crits, your wabbit can have 809% bonus damage. The shawpshootew can heal up to for 636 on normal hits and up to 954 on a crit.

Pwovisions can be used twice in one turn, but only once per target. With the build mentioned above, Pwovisions will typically heal for about 462 on a normal hit and 693 on a crit. (Assuming boohowl and whip both didn't get crits.)

Cawwot Fwag is twice per turn, and technically once per target, but since Cawwot Fwag has an AoE, you can cast it twice on an empty cell. Cawwot Fwag damages enemies in the AoE, so you don't need to worry about accidentally healing the enemy.

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - March 03, 2014, 03:00:45.
Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #686483  Replies : 8  Views : 1503
posté February 28, 2014, 07:19:18 | #8
Category: Equipment
Question: Previously, there was an equipment revamp in October that affected all equipment above level 65 using a new system for giving weight to and applying points to equipment. (Devblog)

Will the revamp continue for equipment below level 65?

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - February 28, 2014, 13:13:46.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #686173  Replies : 199  Views : 9493
posté February 25, 2014, 08:03:17 | #9
Running with arrow keys. Feeback:
Since I haven't seen anyone mention it on the forums yet, I really like being able to run around in the world with arrow keys on the beta server.

I'm guessing that this is what's causing problems with being able to turn while in combat, but once everything's figured out, I really do hope this gets implemented.

I noticed we could run with arrow keys on the beta server before the shushu update, but it didn't make it into the live update. But it's been improved a lot since then! (Back then, you could only move in the literal up, down, left, and right directions, but now you can run in all 8 directions.)

Suggestions:
1. If possible, make it so characters can run up and down stairs while running with arrow keys. Currently, players can't run over any tiny changes in elevation with the arrow keys.

2. Allow players to change their direction outside of combat with Shift + Arrow Key. (Inside of combat, pressing an arrow key should still turn the player by default.) But all of that could still be changed in the shortcuts menu.

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - February 25, 2014, 08:05:35.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #684843  Replies : 2  Views : 392
posté February 13, 2014, 00:18:57 | #10
I don't think it was actually ever possible to "play" in your own nation. ^^;

When that list of subscription benefits was made, there used to be guards in Astrub that you had to talk to for you to get into your nation.

If you chose Bonta as your nation, only the Bonta guard would let you through. You couldn't get into Amakna, Brakmar, or Sufokia on that character if you were unsubscribed.

Once you were in Bonta, you couldn't actually fight monsters or level your professions. You could only run around and "explore" the nation. (Which kind of sort of means the benefits list wasn't technically wrong, although it was misleading. )

If you're having trouble paying for your subscription, the Wakfu APAC (Asia-Pacific) server might be a better choice.

Wakfu APAC is more free to play than this Wakfu is, although Wakfu APAC does have its own premium subscription service. (The only differences being that subscribers can participate in the government, eat all of their bread in one click, and get 15% bonus experience for fights and professions. Click here)

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #679251  Replies : 2  Views : 181
posté December 09, 2013, 10:46:12 | #11
You can still get it.

The Agua Fragments are a 10% drop from the greedos now.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #648615  Replies : 1  Views : 179
posté December 05, 2013, 22:05:25 | #12
Which item did you buy?

It looks like all of the level 100 Krosmater equipment can be traded, but all of the other equipment can't.

Wakfu Elements shows Lil Healey's Wand, Quentin Flush's Cards, Bad Aboum's Sword, Fraktor's Sword, Krospeed Set, and Krolevel Set as untradeable.

Klor Ofil's Staff, Percimol's Hammer, Coa Gulary's Sword, Bill Tell's Bow, Krotector Set, and Kroraging Set can be traded.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #646639  Replies : 5  Views : 379
posté December 03, 2013, 09:48:05 | #13

Quote (Vox-Capitalis @ 03 December 2013 06:13) *
Found it to be a bit unclear what time zone the calendar was in. Missed out on a day, assuming English site was NA time, but seems to be France. Rough start... V_V;

Any chance for back credit? Did my best to get there on time, couldn't with work.
It's okay if you missed the first day. You'll still be able to get all of the rewards as long as you don't miss any other days.

Click here

Quote (Troyle @ 03 December 2013 09:18) *
Hi there,

I got confirmation that the reward of the first day will be given out to everyone. This reward is a Multiman forum avatar gallery.

Regarding the final reward, it will be granted to everyone who opened 24 bags, and not 25, thus not penalizing those that missed the first day.

Note that the websites are set on French time (GMT +1), which means that the dates change at 11 PM GMT / 6 PM EST / 3 PM PST.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #645447  Replies : 7  Views : 721
posté December 02, 2013, 00:23:52 | #14
The Advent Calendar had the same problem last year. D:

It's most like based on the current time in France.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #644601  Replies : 7  Views : 345
posté October 29, 2013, 05:54:49 | #15

Quote (Neskaya @ 29 October 2013 04:24) *
The runic recycler destroys the item so you can keep the rune?
Not quite!

The explanation in-game should be a little more clear than it is now, but there's actually no way to get a rune back once you've put a rune in an item.

Grou talked about removing runes a little bit in the Smithmagic Revamp Devblog:
Remove a rune: it will not be possible to remove a rune from a slot, but you will be able to destroy a slotted rune. To do so, you will have to sacrifice an identical item. A consumable will also exist, allowing you to destroy a rune “for free”. It will be dropped by monsters over level 30 and also be available in the Boutique.

Removing a rune through the runic recycler and removing a rune with a smithmagic hammer are both supposed to destroy the last rune, but using a hammer means you don't lose a piece of equipment.

I think smithmagic hammers were originally meant to be a lot more rare or in much higher demand, forcing people to use the other option to remove a rune most of the time. If a player had a level 150 hat with 3 slots, and the hat ended up with two amazing runes and a third terrible rune, they could use a blank hat to take out the rune and try again.

But since smithmagic hammers tend to be relatively cheap on most servers, the smithmagic hammer is always the better option.

Sorry about your rune. D:

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - October 29, 2013, 08:59:06.
Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #625649  Replies : 2  Views : 391
posté October 27, 2013, 02:37:22 | #16
The stats Tommy has should be correct.

It looks like the Encyclopedia wasn't updated for the second hotfix while Elements was updated after all the hotfixes.

Whispery Pristplate on Wakfu Elements.

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - October 27, 2013, 07:02:33.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #624863  Replies : 10  Views : 558
posté October 24, 2013, 18:29:45 | #17
The no drops thing is actually intended.

From the update notes:

Note however that if a character leaves the fight, the entire team will receive no loots in case of victory.
I have no idea why they decided to make it work that way, though!  

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #623995  Replies : 2  Views : 319
posté October 11, 2013, 11:30:00 | #18

Quote (Eli--Krey @ 10 October 2013 23:57) *
ok thank you for your answer but what happened to my astrub zaaps? why they wiped? and why i cannot go to astrub by boat or cannon anymore this was another update?
The Astrub zaaps were wiped for everyone because the area changed.

You can get to Astrub through a new boat in your nation's HQ.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #617983  Replies : 4  Views : 317
posté October 10, 2013, 06:04:23 | #19
Master Propagator was changed a little bit with the update!

From the patch notes:

Master Propagator: We decided to rebalance this Specialty. The old version could lead players not to use the effects of their spells and only stack damages. It will now be the opposite. Using spells’ effects will now be the main interest. At max level, it will change from “+2% Air damage per level of Propagator” to “+2% Air damage per level of Propagator consumed (maximum 100%).
That means you only get an air damage bonus when you use up your Propagator, and not just by having stacks of Propagator.

If you have 15 Propagator, use Unnatural Remedies, and then use Pain Flask to give the enemy Link of Pain, you'll get +30% air damage from using up 15 Propagator.

"Astrub, the Beginning" is a new quest that was added with the Incarnam and Astrub revamp. Anybody who enters Astrub will get the quest since the update happened.  

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - October 10, 2013, 06:05:41.
Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #617159  Replies : 4  Views : 317
posté October 09, 2013, 11:02:57 | #20
Decepticod's room doesn't lock after victory. Character name: Thirio
Ankama display name: Ekmidenisi
Date and time: October 9th, 12:30-12:55 AM Pacific Time

Bug description: Our group was able to fight the Alkatrool villain Decepticod three times between 12:30 and 12:55. We received drops in all three fights.

We were able to do this just by going into Decepticod's room, killing Decepticod, leaving, and re-entering the room.

Since villains are supposed to follow Ultimate Boss access rules, Decepticod's room should have been locked after the first win

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #616643  Replies : 0  Views : 288