Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Shaleigh1's profile
Statistics
1584 Posts (1.63 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté June 28, 2014, 20:03:58 | #1
Called it several months ago when I quit. Pretty fun to see how I was always right about everything when the fanboys here on the forums gave me nothing but shit ^^

To all those players here in the thread defending Ankama (didn't read, but I am sure there are plenty):
Wakfu is a financial disaster in case you are not aware of why this is happening. They are trying to cut their losses by milking you guys a bit (with the slim chance of a financial recovery....yeah right ^^) and then shutting the project down for good.

It is a sheme as old as MMOs...

Edit: The fact that Aerafal isn't affected by this backs my statement even more. Only financially stable server that at least pays for what it costs to host it...

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - June 28, 2014, 20:05:40.
Thread : News  Preview message : #750135  Replies : 303  Views : 13952
posté February 17, 2014, 07:35:40 | #2
Going to add the names to the OP.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #681605  Replies : 160  Views : 10703
posté February 05, 2014, 18:05:03 | #3

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - February 05, 2014, 18:20:24.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #675171  Replies : 160  Views : 10703
posté February 05, 2014, 17:53:05 | #4

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - February 09, 2014, 16:21:42.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #675159  Replies : 160  Views : 10703
posté December 15, 2013, 12:31:44 | #5
I updated the OP to make sure only active people are named as contact persons. I myself am currently inactive, so don't write me about recruitment

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #652501  Replies : 160  Views : 10703
posté December 13, 2013, 09:06:00 | #6

Quote (Gynrei @ 12 December 2013 18:52) *
Yes, don't let the fantastic art style, polished graphics, and depth fool you.

You are correct: Wakfu is a P2B (Pay to Beta).

You'll have to accept this fact to play without pulling your hair out every time you encounter a bug or change.

There is really only so many years a game can be in Beta...

They started when? 2006?

Any other company would have declared a Beta a failure after this time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651599  Replies : 5  Views : 391
posté December 13, 2013, 09:03:49 | #7

Quote (Magnefiy @ 11 December 2013 17:23) *

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 11 December 2013 16:38) *
There is really 2 options:

a) Multimen are useless

b) They turned the game full p2w

Also, MM prove that Ankama has given up on the thought of this ever being an actual MMO. They should just make a single player version already.

How did they turn this game p2w with the mm? you can buy the mm in the marketplace for like 200k

That IS p2w you genius. People buying MM with real money => selling them for Kamas on the market place => Real Money = Kamas.

@That guy, sure multi accounting was p2w too. What do you want to tell us with that? That Ankama always has been absolutely ruthless about their business model? Surprise, surprise...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651597  Replies : 29  Views : 1664
posté December 13, 2013, 08:58:19 | #8
This is by far the worst update they ever released, but it clarifies to the avid observer what state the game is in.

They are not making money from this anywhere but in Fance (to the people saying: "But my server is active!", 500 people online does not pay for a game like this, especially when 400 pay for it with the Ogrines they make from Dofus in game sales), so they are preparing to turn their business model around:

- More and longer grind with even less rewards to artifically prolongue playing time

- Heavy p2w mechanics to drain money

The problem is that they seem to have an amateur making the economic decisions that stand behind those aweful game design choices. They think that: longer time to accomplish things = more money from subscriptions.

What they leave out of the equation is the fact that a lot mor eplayers would subscribe if they actually made the game fun again:
300% of the current xp, 300% of the current drop rate, install a meaningful end game system with pvp, conquering, working politics etc as a true sandbox would have it

= People would actually stay since they have fun doing stuff and not because they run the 3 hour dungoen again for that 0.1% drop rate item that makes their damage 2% better...

I mean even that challenge system in combat is so obvious and dumb...it is only there to make dungeons last 3 hours now instead of 2.
Does the design team really think Wakfu needs to be slower? Do they actually think the average gamer just has 3 hours to waste on a dungeon just to end up with 0 drops then?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651589  Replies : 52  Views : 2183
posté December 13, 2013, 08:49:42 | #9
You can't though, so you might want to take the word MMO out of your comment.

This is a p2p, p2w single player game with an online chatroom as of the last update.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #651581  Replies : 195  Views : 10658
posté December 11, 2013, 17:08:25 | #10
How do you even ruin stuff like this accidentally? Oh that is right, you don't.

They wanted to make the dungeon harder and couldn't even get that right, so now it is entirely broken.

Btw other companies release much bigger updates much faster and don't break half their game every_friggin_time!

Sylargh has only been broken for like a year now. Prettty good work on timely bug fixing there too. The development team is a bad joke, dude.

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - December 11, 2013, 17:09:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650513  Replies : 28  Views : 1231
posté December 11, 2013, 17:03:07 | #11

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 09 December 2013 00:47) *

Quote (krowakot @ 09 December 2013 00:44) *
Multiclienting isn't an issue. Hell, it's a fix for the terrible population in the game right now. Imagine everyone having one account, then people trying to find out party members for a dungeon... If it sucks now, imagine then! Multimen will just fix THAT issue, or at least, make it better.

You are only treating symptoms without adressing the actual problems.

How does every single MMO in the world - low population or not (I have played several with 10% of Wakfu's population) - manage to get their players together just Wakfu does not?

Even worse Wakfu promotes hanging out forever alone and even releases updates furthering the divide between players and selling those updates as the next big thing.

Multimen are a declaration of bankrupcy on the state of the game as an MMO and above that the first step into full p2w (one could argue that it is by far not the first step, but that is another debate).

P.S.: I think it is amusing that Ankama had to release Multimen to find out people were duping the shit out of the gift interface system
Took you only 1.5 years, congratz!

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - December 11, 2013, 17:04:08.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #650511  Replies : 195  Views : 10658
posté December 11, 2013, 16:45:06 | #12
As stated before they are either p2w or they are useless in which case Ankama should have used their time on developing some kind of actual late game which the game still does not have after over a year.

They also prove that Ankama has given up the thought of this being an MMO alltogether.

So, they are by far the worst thing that has happened to the game.

People that actually like them do so for the fact of how unplayable the game was to them before. So they are a band aid that treats symptoms, but not a solution to anything.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650507  Replies : 7  Views : 515
posté December 11, 2013, 16:39:50 | #13
Oh look people are having fun with something in this game. Better make it ridiculously hard and trashy...

-Ankama's Head Developer

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650505  Replies : 28  Views : 1231
posté December 11, 2013, 16:38:16 | #14
There is really 2 options:

a) Multimen are useless

b) They turned the game full p2w

Also, MM prove that Ankama has given up on the thought of this ever being an actual MMO. They should just make a single player version already.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650501  Replies : 29  Views : 1664
posté December 11, 2013, 16:33:03 | #15

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 11 December 2013 06:13) *
This gimmie gimmie gimmie attitude is making me realize that you guys are missing the entire point of a relic.

Its supposed to be hard, it's supposed to be rare that's why it's a relic.

Your attitude of viewing a game as work is baffling. Nothing should be hard in a game, or it stops being just that by definition.

Challenging? Yes! Hard? No!

Because what defines "hard" here is the mindless, tedious grind. The only way Ankama knows how to prolongue their game's content.

Instead of implementing actual end game content and then raise drop rates by 300% and raise xp rates by 300% they skip all the planned late game updates (because they have no clue how to develop them) and implement more and more tedious grind to keep players busy at the same point for months.

This is not a gaming company selling fun, it is a drug dealer trying to keep the addicts where they are...

P.S.: How do people make it an argument that other games are worse? "Oh I only play a game that is ranked 3rd on the all time most tedious pieces of trash, so don't you dare criticize it!"

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - December 11, 2013, 16:33:45.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650491  Replies : 32  Views : 1668
posté December 11, 2013, 16:21:15 | #16
Complete travesty like the entire update.

November: "Yeh we found this awesome, perfectly balanced new system to weigh equipment by. Nothing has to be ever changed again!"

Player: "Ok cool, then I will invest a majority of my resources now to craft these super expensive new wisdom sets."

December: "So..uh..yeah, we decided to nerf those new sets until they do not see the light of day ever again. Reason? Well..uh...they were temporary solutions anyway. Did we forget to tell you that before you wasted weeks of playing time on them?"

Ankama has officially reached status of the worst development team I ever witnessed in a game with this update. And I have seen 2 chaotic Swedes drive the probably best game idea of all times against the wall because they were too lazy to fix bugs. Ankama beating that is quite the achievement.

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - December 11, 2013, 16:22:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650481  Replies : 11  Views : 600
posté December 04, 2013, 17:04:55 | #17
You got to be friggin' kidding me with the wisdom sets. Do you have any idea how many ressources went into crafting those? And now in typical Ankama manner you will just nerf the living hell out of them and gg a month of work wasted for nothing.

You guys have to have the worst planning skills in the entire game development community. How can you seriously offer such expensive sets and then right after people finished them you srcew everyone over?

I mean seriously you revamped ALL equipment 1 month ago to have a final balancing system in place so nothing has to be ever changed anymore. And ONE MONTH later you announce you thave to remodel all the important stuff in game once more? Unbelievable...

If I had not decided to not sub again anymore, this would have certainly done the trick. But I guess with your upcoming p2w model you will offer better wisdom gear in the yet to be announced all new cash shop too.

All the latest development jokes and mistakes deserve to be made public to a majority of your focus group so that nobody makes the mistake of every trying this game.

Absolutely aweful handle on....well on everything. If you were a company that sold cars or anything like that your customers would have burned down your stores already.

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - December 04, 2013, 17:13:47.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #646129  Replies : 104  Views : 5913
posté December 04, 2013, 16:59:22 | #18
So, what if the govenor is the exact person to harrass people?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #646125  Replies : 17  Views : 1035
posté December 04, 2013, 16:51:29 | #19
Thank you so much for handling the recruitment lately Ichie, I know I should be on more to help

And thanks to Imaginary who is currently completely remodeling the Haven World. I am sure it will look amazing.

@Glasglow, I think we are among the most active guilds on the server right now, if not the most active. However the majority of our players traditionally is of higher levels, so new players should take that into consideration.
Lately we had a lot of influx of low to mid level folks though, so I am sure you will be able to make friends and find good teams to join.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #646119  Replies : 160  Views : 10703