Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Shaleigh1's profile
Statistics
1590 Posts (1.47 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 30, 2014, 12:45:46 | #1

Quote (thisishooks @ 30 October 2014 04:00) *

How dare you come here with your carebear crap. If you don't want to die, run. If you are being repeatedly aggressed, put down your wings so you can't be touched due to the immunity. There is aboslutely no reason for any whining in this game due to player killing. If you don't like it, get out, or get good.

Seriously? Care bear crap? The PvP system in this game is the most carebear mechanic of them all in a sense that people posing the agressor are the carebears...

I know that someone like you probably does not grasp the concept of what I am saying so let me explain:

Attacking someone in this game comes with zero consequences so actually those who partake in such behaviour are scared. If they were not they would go to games with actual open PvP. Actual open PvP means that there are possible punishments for your actions so you think twice before carrying them out.

If Wakfu wants to keep open PvP then they need to introduce mechanics like the agressor dropping full loot when they lose or losing 10 levels or permadeath. That would probably inspire PK hunters that jump into open battles and the like making for actual fun gameplay.

PvP where you got nothing to lose is only good for showing who is actually a scared kid, too afraid to put on the big boy pants.

As it stands the game would be better off to remove PvP alltogether unless agreed upon between both parties. A system that punishes those who do not want to participate, but has no consequences for those wo do is silly. There needs to be something at risk to make this stuff enjoyable. There also needs to be some protection for the weak, since I doubt Wakfu wants to go down a hardcore road. Killing someone 50 levels below you is not a fun mechanic for anyone in a system where character strength is based on level. Another solution would be to make anyone going into a PvP match lvl200 and naked unless you aquired special PvP gear which can be obtained with the same difficulty for anyone regardless of level.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791673  Replies : 62  Views : 2248
posté October 19, 2014, 12:24:31 | #2
Hello,

yeah I am on and off from now for the next hours.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #788670  Replies : 173  Views : 13953
posté October 17, 2014, 13:42:03 | #3
Hey dude, nice to see you too. Rosa wrote me in game once, but I was afk and couldn't answer in time before she had logged off again already.

Would love to meet you two in game Darki, Girly and I plus some other people from our regular gamer group we travel from game to game with have actually picked Wakfu again quite a bit. Not as intense as before our break, but it is a start  

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #788174  Replies : 173  Views : 13953
posté October 09, 2014, 07:57:58 | #4
Hi, we would be happy to have you. Seems a handful of people is still active too, so we are not entirely dead

I am online now for a bit and then again in the european ecvening time, 8 pm (gmt+1). So feel free to add me and I will keep checking for you too.

Oh and I am not french, no. The name just seemed like it would fit a Xelor  

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #785968  Replies : 173  Views : 13953
posté October 08, 2014, 17:34:14 | #5
I will be in the office for like 2 more hours. Then I can give you an invite. Nice to see people are willing to start something new here  

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #785798  Replies : 173  Views : 13953
posté October 08, 2014, 16:19:58 | #6
Hello there,

I am the founder and former leader of the Snoofles. I was on a break for the last 10 months or so and have only returned 2 days ago to check the game out in its new state.

Not entirely sure yet on the overall status of the guild, but from the looks of it it is more or less abandoned (there are people playing, just not too many). A handful of friends and I will probably play every now and then, but due to matters outside of the game I will not be able to invest much time, let alone fill the roll of a leader.

Nontheless I can of course toss you an invite, but do not expect much of it. The grand days of the Snoofles ended a little while after I quit the game I think

If there are enough people willing to repopulate the guild I am open for it and would be of assistance, however as mentioned above I do not have the time to actually fill out a leading position in the entire thing.

Anywho, let me know wether you are still interested then I can invite you once I finish work.

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - October 08, 2014, 16:35:07.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #785790  Replies : 173  Views : 13953
posté June 28, 2014, 20:03:58 | #7
Called it several months ago when I quit. Pretty fun to see how I was always right about everything when the fanboys here on the forums gave me nothing but shit ^^

To all those players here in the thread defending Ankama (didn't read, but I am sure there are plenty):
Wakfu is a financial disaster in case you are not aware of why this is happening. They are trying to cut their losses by milking you guys a bit (with the slim chance of a financial recovery....yeah right ^^) and then shutting the project down for good.

It is a sheme as old as MMOs...

Edit: The fact that Aerafal isn't affected by this backs my statement even more. Only financially stable server that at least pays for what it costs to host it...

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - June 28, 2014, 20:05:40.
Thread : News  Preview message : #750135  Replies : 303  Views : 17427
posté February 17, 2014, 07:35:40 | #8
Going to add the names to the OP.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #681605  Replies : 173  Views : 13953
posté February 05, 2014, 18:05:03 | #9

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - February 05, 2014, 18:20:24.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #675171  Replies : 173  Views : 13953
posté February 05, 2014, 17:53:05 | #10

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - February 09, 2014, 16:21:42.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #675159  Replies : 173  Views : 13953
posté December 15, 2013, 12:31:44 | #11
I updated the OP to make sure only active people are named as contact persons. I myself am currently inactive, so don't write me about recruitment

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #652501  Replies : 173  Views : 13953
posté December 13, 2013, 09:06:00 | #12

Quote (Gynrei @ 12 December 2013 18:52) *
Yes, don't let the fantastic art style, polished graphics, and depth fool you.

You are correct: Wakfu is a P2B (Pay to Beta).

You'll have to accept this fact to play without pulling your hair out every time you encounter a bug or change.

There is really only so many years a game can be in Beta...

They started when? 2006?

Any other company would have declared a Beta a failure after this time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651599  Replies : 5  Views : 457
posté December 13, 2013, 09:03:49 | #13

Quote (Magnefiy @ 11 December 2013 17:23) *

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 11 December 2013 16:38) *
There is really 2 options:

a) Multimen are useless

b) They turned the game full p2w

Also, MM prove that Ankama has given up on the thought of this ever being an actual MMO. They should just make a single player version already.

How did they turn this game p2w with the mm? you can buy the mm in the marketplace for like 200k

That IS p2w you genius. People buying MM with real money => selling them for Kamas on the market place => Real Money = Kamas.

@That guy, sure multi accounting was p2w too. What do you want to tell us with that? That Ankama always has been absolutely ruthless about their business model? Surprise, surprise...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651597  Replies : 29  Views : 1876
posté December 13, 2013, 08:58:19 | #14
This is by far the worst update they ever released, but it clarifies to the avid observer what state the game is in.

They are not making money from this anywhere but in Fance (to the people saying: "But my server is active!", 500 people online does not pay for a game like this, especially when 400 pay for it with the Ogrines they make from Dofus in game sales), so they are preparing to turn their business model around:

- More and longer grind with even less rewards to artifically prolongue playing time

- Heavy p2w mechanics to drain money

The problem is that they seem to have an amateur making the economic decisions that stand behind those aweful game design choices. They think that: longer time to accomplish things = more money from subscriptions.

What they leave out of the equation is the fact that a lot mor eplayers would subscribe if they actually made the game fun again:
300% of the current xp, 300% of the current drop rate, install a meaningful end game system with pvp, conquering, working politics etc as a true sandbox would have it

= People would actually stay since they have fun doing stuff and not because they run the 3 hour dungoen again for that 0.1% drop rate item that makes their damage 2% better...

I mean even that challenge system in combat is so obvious and dumb...it is only there to make dungeons last 3 hours now instead of 2.
Does the design team really think Wakfu needs to be slower? Do they actually think the average gamer just has 3 hours to waste on a dungeon just to end up with 0 drops then?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651589  Replies : 52  Views : 2406
posté December 13, 2013, 08:49:42 | #15
You can't though, so you might want to take the word MMO out of your comment.

This is a p2p, p2w single player game with an online chatroom as of the last update.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #651581  Replies : 195  Views : 14523
posté December 11, 2013, 17:08:25 | #16
How do you even ruin stuff like this accidentally? Oh that is right, you don't.

They wanted to make the dungeon harder and couldn't even get that right, so now it is entirely broken.

Btw other companies release much bigger updates much faster and don't break half their game every_friggin_time!

Sylargh has only been broken for like a year now. Prettty good work on timely bug fixing there too. The development team is a bad joke, dude.

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - December 11, 2013, 17:09:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650513  Replies : 28  Views : 1382
posté December 11, 2013, 17:03:07 | #17

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 09 December 2013 00:47) *

Quote (krowakot @ 09 December 2013 00:44) *
Multiclienting isn't an issue. Hell, it's a fix for the terrible population in the game right now. Imagine everyone having one account, then people trying to find out party members for a dungeon... If it sucks now, imagine then! Multimen will just fix THAT issue, or at least, make it better.

You are only treating symptoms without adressing the actual problems.

How does every single MMO in the world - low population or not (I have played several with 10% of Wakfu's population) - manage to get their players together just Wakfu does not?

Even worse Wakfu promotes hanging out forever alone and even releases updates furthering the divide between players and selling those updates as the next big thing.

Multimen are a declaration of bankrupcy on the state of the game as an MMO and above that the first step into full p2w (one could argue that it is by far not the first step, but that is another debate).

P.S.: I think it is amusing that Ankama had to release Multimen to find out people were duping the shit out of the gift interface system
Took you only 1.5 years, congratz!

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - December 11, 2013, 17:04:08.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #650511  Replies : 195  Views : 14523
posté December 11, 2013, 16:45:06 | #18
As stated before they are either p2w or they are useless in which case Ankama should have used their time on developing some kind of actual late game which the game still does not have after over a year.

They also prove that Ankama has given up the thought of this being an MMO alltogether.

So, they are by far the worst thing that has happened to the game.

People that actually like them do so for the fact of how unplayable the game was to them before. So they are a band aid that treats symptoms, but not a solution to anything.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650507  Replies : 7  Views : 565
posté December 11, 2013, 16:39:50 | #19
Oh look people are having fun with something in this game. Better make it ridiculously hard and trashy...

-Ankama's Head Developer

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650505  Replies : 28  Views : 1382
posté December 11, 2013, 16:38:16 | #20
There is really 2 options:

a) Multimen are useless

b) They turned the game full p2w

Also, MM prove that Ankama has given up on the thought of this ever being an actual MMO. They should just make a single player version already.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650501  Replies : 29  Views : 1876