Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

DireCyphre's profile
Statistics
215 Posts (0.18 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 02, 2012, 22:58:30 | #1
I'm not sure an open forum is the best place to profess your undying love for another...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #387048  Replies : 39  Views : 1754
posté April 02, 2012, 18:48:33 | #2
As far as I see, it's to prevent boosting. I'm not sure there is a specific term for it, but in other MMOs and games friends will group with much higher level friends in order to gain ridiculous boosts in experience by being in the same group defeating monsters. Because experience is not a static gain, higher levels achieve more experience because it takes more to achieve the next level.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #386816  Replies : 17  Views : 1091
posté April 02, 2012, 18:25:33 | #3
Would make sense to turn some of the sets into insignias, or have the ability to after the fact. The cosmetic clothing pieces barely serve a purpose unless they can be worn in conjunction with stat items.

It doesn't actually matter if they are referring to 'fighting' or regular in-game clothing because it will allow boths sets to be worn in some capacity.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #386528  Replies : 13  Views : 1013
posté March 30, 2012, 23:22:08 | #4
There will always be alternate recipes that produce items with the same effects in mind. As the previous poster stated, material availability is what matters, and I for one am glad there are plenty of things to do with what we currently harvest. However, I am equally disappointed in the lack of recipes that use some materials, leaving me to simply clean out of my inventory of useless drops.

The piwi bags are probably a bad example, because by the time you'd have enough materials, you'd be better off hunting gobball materials for the much simpler Cottonsock. Although all throughout Leather dealer, there are a variety of alternatives of bags with the same capacity utilizing materials from specific monsters. So anyone who hunts a particular monster can benefit from their materials. I think some bags have variances on level requirements as well, despite the leather dealer level requires to make them.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #384755  Replies : 5  Views : 597
posté March 30, 2012, 23:14:41 | #5
If you believe this static amount of time it takes to farm, grind, and bake bread is somehow moreso than mining, then I would love to here where you are able to mine constantly to make more kamas per hour than the supposed cost to produce bread. I mean, your equations are all fine and dandy, but there are a variety of factors involved in harvesting, including the speed at which you mine ore (not the speed at which you mine one node, but the distance between them, and the time it takes for it to respawn).

Nevermind how long it takes to even reach higher levels in any harvesting profession, especially where mining is a viable source of income (iron/copper, copper/manganese). Pretty sure it also takes time to mint kamas for that matter, if you intend to produce 300 kama instead of 300 bread.

In the end, nobody is forced to craft anything. I personally love the mechanics, so I do it anyway. At no point is there a profession that is leagues beyond in proficiency to produce kama. Kind of like Osamodas Powder prior to the recipe change: Do you think people were farming ghostoplasm for the singular goal of selling Osamodas Powder for 3k a piece? Definitely not cost effecient considering how few times ghostoplasm drops.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #384455  Replies : 21  Views : 1401
posté March 30, 2012, 22:58:19 | #6
Bosses are already immune to a wide array of status effects from other classes. If zombification was your only method of dealing significant damage, you probably weren't intending to be a DPS class in the first place.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #384768  Replies : 4  Views : 460
posté March 30, 2012, 22:18:22 | #7

Quote (DorionFFXI @ 30 March 2012 21:26) *
Stupid change to the game?
I know, let's grief the players that had nothing to do with it! That'll help.

All I have to say is bring it on, I'll happily flatten some of you, die, respawn, spend 20 min resting up because Sacrier (or maybe just eat some of my sweet sweet bread), rinse and repeat
You know, I think we bakers will have the distinct advantage! Even if we can't out-damage them, we can out-heal them with bread and whittle away at what little health they have left!
The Bread Mafia is not amused...

But to the original post at hand, I probably won't be able to tell the difference with the number of times being ganked anywhere in my given nation. A day just like any other!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #384645  Replies : 45  Views : 2459
posté March 30, 2012, 18:29:33 | #8

Quote (youLuzer @ 30 March 2012 06:48) *
Would you buy a car if it had 3 recalls (hotfixes) in the first month? I love hindsight.
Would you pay equivalent monthly payments for a game costing $18,000 at 0% APR?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #384180  Replies : 22  Views : 1205
posté March 30, 2012, 18:08:37 | #9
The Baker's Syndicate sees the situation... differently...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #384137  Replies : 20  Views : 1188
posté March 29, 2012, 23:03:11 | #10
Yeah I'm not really sure what that other post was at all responding to. Must have been some sort of misread.

At no point was LS OP, however. It doesn't hit 15 squares, it hits 3 targets (or some hard cap of multiple targets, off the top of my head). No different than any other AOE sort of attack, except you move in the process and still has the same high cost as the other spells.

This post has been edited by DireCyphre - March 29, 2012, 23:03:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #383140  Replies : 24  Views : 1088
posté March 29, 2012, 22:58:32 | #11
Or it's because all the high level players are out 'ganking noobs' of other nations.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #383646  Replies : 9  Views : 717
posté March 29, 2012, 22:13:51 | #12

Quote (DarkNoticalX @ 29 March 2012 21:24) *
Correct to a point dire. Idea is not that LS needed a nerf. It is the other spells needed a buff. The damage was in the right place and as the previous wall of text said they nerfed it around level 35 mobs. Late level even the normal rate of LS was low.
Yeah, my point was that it was actually usable in its previous state. Back in beta, the damage just wasn't there compared to even the other standard abilities in the other Sacrier trees.

Thanks for adding nothing to this thread, snip3r.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #383134  Replies : 24  Views : 1088
posté March 29, 2012, 21:16:11 | #13
LS requires WP, so no matter what there is an extreme limitation on the number of times it can be accomplished. It also requires 25 Angrr, which means you have to have taken damage before you can even do it, just like the other 5th rank spells. Damage was actually decent this time around before the nerf, and made it a viable attack in general. If one way to say that because it has range, it shouldn't do as much as the other 5th rank spells in the other trees.... then obviously anything else with ranged abilities doing the same damage is just as overpowered.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #383131  Replies : 24  Views : 1088
posté March 29, 2012, 18:20:17 | #14
The only good bread is eaten bread. Badabing!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #382997  Replies : 14  Views : 701
posté March 29, 2012, 17:43:14 | #15
Bread is overpriced? Just don't buy that bread. Supply in demand states there is a threshold of cost per availability. If it costs too much, don't buy it! It's how an economy works! Pretty sure not many are so blind as to pay 1k per bread at all in the first place, even if only because they don't have 1k.

Market filled with overpriced bread? Missed all the bread that was on sale for a reasonable price then. Boycotting bread doesn't really solve anything.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #382990  Replies : 14  Views : 701
posté March 29, 2012, 08:51:44 | #16

Quote (NinjaSensei @ 29 March 2012 08:50) *
STOP STOPPING?!
NO U STOP STOPPING STOPPING!!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #382839  Replies : 19  Views : 901
posté March 29, 2012, 08:43:51 | #17
Yeah, been stated numerous times since the last patch that there was the intent to allow grouping of all varieties, and was never intended to be separate in the first place.

And the same still holds true: You won't get far without a subscription. If your intent was to play with your girlfriend, there isn't a lot of purpose in the subscription because they can't join you in whatever nation you join. Level 20 or 25 in Astrub is a couple days at best. But hey, all the more power to you if you want to reroll and try other classes!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #382596  Replies : 18  Views : 853
posté March 28, 2012, 21:17:40 | #18
There doesn't appear to be feathers for the other side in any other image of it.

I am disappointed they are not even updating the 'new arrivals' section of the boutique with such things arriving. The steep increase in price on insignias is no less comforting, but I'm glad they are finally adding them instead of individual clothing.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #382094  Replies : 31  Views : 2233
posté March 28, 2012, 01:51:33 | #19
Rest in peace, the only good looking move Sacrier's had... It was once a worthwhile ability with the improvements on the release version, only to return to a less useful state.

I mean, why do little a damage moving around the map, when you can do it standing in on place shooting arrows the same distance? Lightspeed was OP obviously.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #380944  Replies : 2  Views : 486