Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

stryve's profile
Statistics
684 Posts (0.57 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 29, 2014, 22:48:22 | #1
Wakfu elements markets Nox and Remington are back up. I'm waiting on an account to get migrated in order to be able to start parsing Dathura again....

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767569  Replies : 2  Views : 124
posté August 28, 2014, 15:59:49 | #2

Quote (Madd1 @ 27 August 2014 07:15) *
Stryve, you run the best damn fan site I've ever seen. I use it regularly and suggest it to everyone I cross paths with. I have to give big props to you for all the work you do!

Features I'd like a lot:

1) Item comparison: An easy way to compare either how an existing item compares to a new one, or just an easy way to side by side a few items to debate the benefits.

2) The ability to 'rune' gear in the set builder as well as add guild/nation bonuses. I usually end up doing the math for this, but I've always wanted to just be able to rune the build.

3) While item search changes would be AWESOME, the item revamp will completely change how items work so I'd wait until after that. What I want the most is an easy to search through all weapons. I think it's the biggest flaw in the set builder.

4) Spell stats in the set builder. I have always wanted this because I determine the spell levels based on the break points for the next point of damage.

Honestly, I almost exclusively use the new patch items, item-search and set-builder. I would use an encyclopedia of drop tables if you had one over encyclopedia as you update your information INFINITELY faster than Ankama.

Thanks again for all your work! You're a beast.

-Madd

Item drop information isn't available in the client files unfortunately. I have ways to gather data like that but it would require players connect through a proxy and I don't want to offer it and risk anyone getting banned.

As spacecooky mentioned runing is possible.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I've compiled a list and am currently sifting through it to determine what I can support/do and what I cant. I think from the feedback I'll probably drop the Bestiary/mob listings because there just isn't much useable information available on them from the client files. (You cant even see what zone they belong to).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767109  Replies : 37  Views : 907
posté August 26, 2014, 17:29:32 | #3

Quote (spacecooky @ 26 August 2014 08:13) *
I use nearly all features of WE. Only the market function is nearly never used by me as you cannot use the prices for Amara (only Zhao thinks you could do that ).

As you presented a list of XP for crafts to review here in the forums in the past, it would be nice if those values vould be included in WE.
I thought I had been told those were inaccurate?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766559  Replies : 37  Views : 907
posté August 25, 2014, 21:16:18 | #4
....crazy... congrats

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766316  Replies : 27  Views : 944
posté August 25, 2014, 20:20:45 | #5

Quote (FajneCycki @ 25 August 2014 20:09) *
I think the item search in set builder could use a little revamp (so you could specify stat values for example). But except that the site contains all the most essential things. About unused features - I don't think anyone checks recipes in the professions section.

Also if you could make a program to pull raw item data from Wakfu Beta server every day, that would be really help especially with so many changes coming in September.
I've already been doing that :p I post lists containing all the items with every update in the Wakfu Beta Updates thread.
Pulling from Wakfu Beta server requires several things. While the process is mostly automated , there are manual steps. It could of course be modified to be automated and its something I'll look into. My only major concern is i believe it requires an active subscription?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766305  Replies : 37  Views : 907
posté August 25, 2014, 19:20:36 | #6
Wakfu Elements - Question Hey guys, wanted to drop in and provide a small update and ask you a few questions.

First off, yes markets are still down, and same as last time, I've known how to fix them for 2 months, I just haven't had the time. Life is finally stabilizing a bit and I'll have the time soon. I took friday off work, and have cleared time with the wife, to sit down and hammer out the fix. So with any luck they will be back by friday.

Secondly, I'd like some feed back around WE. What do you use, what don't you use. I'm asking because if there is something on the site I provide that nobody uses, removing it frees up some time typically to focus on something else. You don't have to reply here (you can email me at boredom at wakfu-elements dot com), but feel free. Consider this a chance to sway the functionality of Wakfu Elements.

Lastly, is there a feature you want to see on there that isn't? I'm not making any promises or committing to anything but since I'm not an active player any more, I'm less in tune with the game. When i quit, having the market data at my fingertips felt huge. Maybe there is something more important now?

Just for reference here's a few of the ideas that have been floating around my head.

1. Wakfu Elements app. have the data at your fingertips while on the go. Sure you can browse the site on your phone, but I've always preferred a native experience. This would be a limited subset of the full site. Most likely just a set/gear builder, which would include full item listings.

2. Enhanced Search - I hear a lot that you guys would like to be able to search for more specific data, and/or find a set that fills gaps if you already have a necklace you want to use. This would attempt to find a happy medium in all those goals.

3. A mobile chat client - So you could chat with your friends who are in game, on the go. This would require Ankama interaction, I've tried to reach out to them several times on this but never gotten a response. Its possible its now provided through some other third party chat service like XFire?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766280  Replies : 37  Views : 907
posté July 28, 2014, 15:20:19 | #7

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 27 July 2014 21:19) *

Quote (stryve @ 27 July 2014 18:58) *
I'm working on it now. It appears my host decided because I'd ignored the upgrade available to my virtual for a while (on purpose) that they would go ahead and do it for me as a "service". But involved switching from a 32 bit kernel to a 64-bit kernel and I have some things that rely on it being 32-bit. Hopefully will have the site up here in the next hour or so.

The markets however are a different issue, but one i also hope to have fixed this weekend.

Ok, finally have had a chance to look at the market issue. (Since they broke in june). I see what they changed, and its a significant change to my market parsers. I'll get them fixed but its essentially starting from scratch for the most part. Not the end of the end of the world though.. Just going to take some time.
Thanks for your dedication despite the fact that you don't play anymore.

-Rizarealm
I always contemplate coming back. I just dont like grinding....and my play time is so sketchy i end up always playing solo and thats boring

Builder is now updated to reflect level 155

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757973  Replies : 21  Views : 754
posté July 27, 2014, 18:58:38 | #8
I'm working on it now. It appears my host decided because I'd ignored the upgrade available to my virtual for a while (on purpose) that they would go ahead and do it for me as a "service". But involved switching from a 32 bit kernel to a 64-bit kernel and I have some things that rely on it being 32-bit. Hopefully will have the site up here in the next hour or so.

The markets however are a different issue, but one i also hope to have fixed this weekend.

Ok, finally have had a chance to look at the market issue. (Since they broke in june). I see what they changed, and its a significant change to my market parsers. I'll get them fixed but its essentially starting from scratch for the most part. Not the end of the end of the world though.. Just going to take some time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757750  Replies : 21  Views : 754
posté July 25, 2014, 19:57:36 | #9

Quote (Reime @ 25 July 2014 19:54) *

Quote (stryve @ 25 July 2014 19:53) *
Sorry for the delay guys, life is just insanely busy right now.
Sweet, thank you. Hope things become less hectic for ya.
Meh, its alright, new job position , and having a 3rd kid just makes for a busy life.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757249  Replies : 21  Views : 754
posté July 25, 2014, 19:53:09 | #10
Wakfu elements updated for 1.35 Sorry for the delay guys, life is just insanely busy right now.

Click here

Latest items are here : Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757243  Replies : 21  Views : 754
posté June 21, 2014, 20:07:19 | #11
On the wrong account apparently ^^

~Boredom

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #747933  Replies : 22  Views : 941
posté June 19, 2014, 20:33:42 | #12

Quote (LioVamp @ 19 June 2014 16:07) *
Just wondering why do you still maintain Elements?

p.s. please do not abandon it
Because every time i mention possibly letting it slide, Hatespawn and a few others who I mention it to , ask me not to.

Also because I'd hate to see all the time and effort I've put into it be lost, and to circumvent that, I feel the best way to let it "live on" would be to post all my source code to github. However a large amount of the information i have could be used maliciously and while ankama is not a company I'm happy or satisfied with in regards to wakfu, I also wouldn't want to do anything to further hinder the game and I feel posting my source code would allow for to much exploitable information to be public, which would directly effect the game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #747035  Replies : 22  Views : 941
posté June 19, 2014, 15:45:06 | #13

Quote (Madd1 @ 18 June 2014 03:00) *
You are the best player in Wakfu.
Irony, because i don't play wakfu.(and also even when i did, was pretty awful at it)

This post has been edited by stryve - June 19, 2014, 15:45:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746929  Replies : 22  Views : 941
posté June 17, 2014, 16:51:47 | #14
Elements updated for patch 1.34 Check out the news here as it will probably answer the pending question about markets.
If you run across anything weird let me know. You'll probably want to clear your browser cache to pick up the new item set data in the builder and the new relic color.

Thanks!
~Boredom

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #745993  Replies : 22  Views : 941
posté April 23, 2014, 18:50:35 | #15
wakfu markets hey guys, i've had several of you notify me a couple different times over the last few weeks the market listings have been drying up on wakfu-elements. First off thanks for letting me know. I don't have much monitoring in place for catching stuff like that, so its helpful.

Secondly, I think they should be stable now. Last patch changed some stuff and in order to get them up quickly, i took a few shortcuts that temporarily required me to be inputting some data the parsers needed to connect manually. As such , when i'd go a day or two not doing so...they quit gathering listings. This morning I was able to carve out a few hours and get them fixed properly.

Last thing, I've had some down time with my current host (4 times in the last 2 months), so I'm going to be migrating to a new host, and in the process, move from 1 server to 5, to hopefully help speed things up, and get some fail-over redundancy built in. Hopefully you guys wont see any negative effects during the migration, but just wanted to let you guys know.

@Sabi:
If you happen to read this, I sent you a message more than a month ago, which you never read. It'd be cool if you could....

~Boredom

This post has been edited by stryve - April 23, 2014, 18:51:06.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #720035  Replies : 2  Views : 262
posté March 24, 2014, 19:31:59 | #16

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 22 March 2014 22:16) *

Quote (stryve @ 22 March 2014 03:37) *
Markets should be up and running now, sorry for the delay, looks like client authentication changed, and it borked the market parsers.
We love you, you're beautiful/handsome, everything you touch turns to Kamas.

Thank you!
cant tell if sarcasm or serious... but either way it made me laugh

Quote (Asriah @ 22 March 2014 12:15) *
Are there any plans to parse the Wakfu Asia markets?
Not really, although thats not to say my mind couldn't change at some point, but right now, no.

In case you are curious why, the primary reason is:
The potential increase in traffic would require another upgrade to my servers, and I also am not a fan of becoming a target for that IP region.

~Boredom

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #705393  Replies : 6  Views : 796
posté March 22, 2014, 03:37:11 | #17
Wakfu Elements markets Markets should be up and running now, sorry for the delay, looks like client authentication changed, and it borked the market parsers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #699201  Replies : 6  Views : 796
posté March 21, 2014, 19:23:12 | #18
ya, it should be back now... still investigating what happened, i know what caused it to go down, tracking down the individual who crawled me non-stop for 15 hours (enough to generate 12GB of log files)

~Boredom

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #698867  Replies : 20  Views : 1245
posté March 20, 2014, 15:27:02 | #19
Site is updated sorry about missing the patch I have a reminder on my phone every tuesday morning to check the site but i was busy and silenced it and forgot to actually check.

latest items
Click here

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #696127  Replies : 20  Views : 1245
posté February 28, 2014, 16:05:40 | #20
Sabi will read my PM  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #686283  Replies : 60  Views : 1974