Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

MadamRage's profile
Statistics
202 Posts (0.22 per day)
Most active in : Guilds
posté February 27, 2013, 12:40:08 | #1
I myself have never chosen to play a class due to it being OP at the time and have never utilised bugs in game to defeat bosses. My views stated above is what I think of the game at the moment after much deliberation and playing it on various levels ^^ As in all things, there are positives (of course there are otherwise why have I played for so long) but at the moment, the negatives far outweigh them and we shouldn't have to "understand" and "put up" with it as paying customers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #481697  Replies : 21  Views : 1175
posté February 27, 2013, 11:21:12 | #2

Quote (Kyuuki-Kitsune @ 27 February 2013 11:19) *
Yeah, check back in a year or two honestly. Maybe Ankama will actually play a few good MMOs and learn something about game design by then.

It really is a shame...Wakfu had so much potential to be an amazing game. Totally love the concept. The horrid balancing, beta level bugs and general feeling of incompleteness, clunky flow, and generally poor design kinda make it not worth it right now.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game...but after playing stuff like WoW and GW2, then logging into Wakfu...the difference in design quality is obvious and staggering.

Coming from an experienced player who has had her foot in the door to everything this game can offer at the moment as well as playing majority of the different classes in the game, I could not agree more to this  

This post has been edited by MadamRage - February 27, 2013, 11:24:52.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #481419  Replies : 21  Views : 1175
posté February 27, 2013, 11:18:38 | #3
It's absolutely amazing how this happens every large update! These attackers must really hate your updates! :')

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #481413  Replies : 239  Views : 7424
posté February 27, 2013, 11:09:31 | #4
More fun games out there that doesn't penalise you for finding strategies to defeat endgame bosses or games that when you are preparing for a boss fight for near 2 hours (tactics, waiting for specific player to come on for their specific class, getting specific gear for the fight and food etc) and then to have the boss become invulnerable wasting all your time or a single unlucky hit/mistake/crit which can fail your whole fight. The bosses and classes aren't balanced for a strategic challenge or fun...it's either stressful and annoying or utterly brainless and boring. The changes now means having to create whole new classes, gears, tactics ... basically, there is no content at high level in this game unless you grind the stupid & repetitive high level dungeons for another how many months until they "fix" things.
There is always issues with large updates with lack of communication being the norm. Paying customers will defend what are the problems in this game because they feel the need to not feel like they are being robbed or taken for idiots for paying for a game that is not good quality (I know because I was one of them).
To be honest, best to come back in another 2-3 years and asking this question again :p

This post has been edited by MadamRage - February 27, 2013, 11:23:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #481385  Replies : 21  Views : 1175
posté February 27, 2013, 10:22:27 | #5
More fun games out there that doesn't penalise you for finding strategies to defeat endgame bosses or games that when you are preparing for a boss fight for near 2 hours (tactics, waiting for specific player to come on for their specific class, getting specific gear for the fight and food etc) and then to have the boss become invulnerable wasting all your time or a single unlucky hit/mistake/crit which can fail your whole fight. The bosses and classes aren't balanced for a strategic challenge or fun...it's stressful and annoying. The changes now means having to create whole new classes, gears, tactics ... basically, there is no content at high level in this game unless you grind the stupid high level dungeons for another how many months until they "fix" things. Can't be bothered any more listening or reading crap from players who have no clue how to play the game before or now (will be seeing even more players playing classes they can't use properly with the new "tactics" to their build). Ankama once said this game is supposed to be played for fun, not as a serious MMO, sorry Ankama but there is no balance in this game and I'm not prepared to continue paying for a beta game. Goodbye.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #481259  Replies : 28  Views : 1784
posté February 23, 2013, 22:20:56 | #6

Quote (drakkalpha @ 23 February 2013 20:17) *
That tauxik hammer im willing to buy we can talk price in game my
ign: Purebeers/Puredaggz

OMG IGNORE THIS POST IM TALKING ON THE WRONG SERVER SORRY BPOUT THAT

Haha! No problem  

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #469641  Replies : 13  Views : 988
posté February 22, 2013, 19:43:22 | #7

Quote (lordzentq @ 22 February 2013 19:00) *
Howdy im Zent nice to meet everyone. I figured making a post to introduce ourselves between server/server would be interesting.

Um as for activities i like to do. They include polishing my dragon wings, taking long walks on Maya Bay, And occasionally throwing fleas at people.

Server: Nox

Howdy ^^ but yeh, too many threads like this! Get the intros out the way now and play/bitch at each other! ^^"

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #467133  Replies : 9  Views : 602
posté February 22, 2013, 14:42:04 | #8
I love sushi ^^ && 'ello Aacher, never actually seen you in game but gimme a shout if you're bored!  

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #466623  Replies : 143  Views : 11046
posté February 22, 2013, 14:31:35 | #9

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 22 February 2013 14:27) *
Regarding the Sacrier changes. On the one hand I am pretty sad since the most interesting to play class gets a heavy hit to its tactical depth, but on the other hand I feel like transposition was one of the strongest skills in game before that.

I had the honor to play with a person who is very very good at chess and he piloted a pure transpo sac. It is crazy when you just go like "The fuck you doing there man....oh you...ah I see...wow" every turn.

Playing one myself these days (not nearly as good as said player) and usually controlling several accounts simultaneously it is just such a pleasure playing a sac designed for supporting purposes only. I exclusively use him to set stuff up for my damage dealers and it is so much fun to play.

As for Masques...they may be strong, but they are also short ranged fighters. Gonna see what potential that holds. Still calling danse macabre to be the secret star of the ensemble.

I always love reading your posts on the forum, always well written and knowledgeable
And yeh it is like chess & you do go "ooooohhh" rofl I always said that the strongest player in the team is the one who can manipulate the enemies and team on the map, in regards to your team mate's skills and ini order and the boss's skills

This post has been edited by MadamRage - February 22, 2013, 14:32:28.
Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #466607  Replies : 20  Views : 1370
posté February 22, 2013, 14:22:28 | #10

Quote (HateSpawn @ 22 February 2013 14:17) *

Quote (MadamRage @ 22 February 2013 14:15) *
Isn't this what they do with all new classes? Overpowered when released so can make money out of the players coming back to play new overpowered class and then they change it to "normal" ?
I myself will create a Masq but I'm not expecting it will be my new main unless it becomes as fun as my Iop to play :'D
Why would they make foggernauts, first Osamodas, AND rogues as bad as they did?

I have no idea but once people realised they couldn't OMG EPIC DMG on UB they aren't really used. BUT they can be!

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #466597  Replies : 20  Views : 1370
posté February 22, 2013, 14:15:32 | #11
Isn't this what they do with all new classes? Overpowered when released so can make money out of the players coming back to play new overpowered class and then they change it to "normal" ?
I myself will create a Masq but I'm not expecting it will be my new main unless it becomes as fun as my Iop to play :'D
As for the sac transpo, I'm not bothered about it if my sac will have more tanking capabilities. At the moment, the Ultimate Bosses can't really be tanked so it kind of sucks for classes or players wanting to play more a tank role - fecas, sacs, pandas, iops etc (it's more avoidance and resist fights). Also, i'm hoping it will create better players who now can think more in fight

This post has been edited by MadamRage - February 22, 2013, 14:21:06.
Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #466589  Replies : 20  Views : 1370
posté February 22, 2013, 14:03:50 | #12

Quote (Pimento2 @ 21 February 2013 20:38) *
The Magmog fight is extremely dependent on AI manipulation. Magmog is by far the least random UB fight and easiest to kill consistently once you have the gear and knowledge (arguably roughly tied with moowolf). If someone's getting killed on the first turn, you may need to reevaluate AI behavior and take into account the worst possible situation, reverse engineer the base damage of getting hit entirely with non-blocked crits and possible follow-up crits, and back out the exact minimum amount of resist you need to survive. Initiative order of your team plays a huge role as well. Magmog's crit rate is not particularly high (roughly 20-25%), but preparation for the worst is an expectation.

Thanks Pimento, really good tips here to take in  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #466577  Replies : 40  Views : 2001
posté February 22, 2013, 13:55:18 | #13

Quote (HateSpawn @ 22 February 2013 13:54) *

Quote (MadamRage @ 22 February 2013 13:52) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 22 February 2013 13:49) *
There's something wrong with my wat?

Your hair! It's covering half your face in case you didn't notice! Lolol :'p
OH WOW!

Thanks! I couldn't tell before!!

Man, everything looks so clear...

HAHAHAHAAAA! Glad I could help *grins* Now maybe you can actually play properly and not kill everyone in your teams :'p

This post has been edited by MadamRage - February 22, 2013, 13:56:15.
Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #466569  Replies : 143  Views : 11046
posté February 22, 2013, 13:52:51 | #14

Quote (HateSpawn @ 22 February 2013 13:49) *
There's something wrong with my wat?

Your hair! It's covering half your face in case you didn't notice! Lolol :'p

Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #466563  Replies : 143  Views : 11046
posté February 22, 2013, 12:39:21 | #15
*bump!*

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #466503  Replies : 13  Views : 988
posté February 22, 2013, 12:33:28 | #16
Me and my sister (she's on the left in the first pic ^^) She plays Cadantis (eni)/Ty Foon (cra) in game We both live in England, UK! Server Remington (the underdogs of course as we British love underdogs!), we are both Brakmarians. Guild we are in - Entropy!!

p.s. HateSpawn, there's something wrong with your fringe *cough*

This post has been edited by MadamRage - February 22, 2013, 12:34:26.
Thread : Off Topic  Preview message : #466499  Replies : 143  Views : 11046
posté February 22, 2013, 09:56:22 | #17
Thanks Troyle and thanks everyone for your input, it's helped a lot !!  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #466435  Replies : 40  Views : 2001
posté February 21, 2013, 23:11:11 | #18
I get his message, that he replied but I can't see the actual thing he's written, it's just blank rofl

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #464833  Replies : 4  Views : 466
posté February 21, 2013, 21:20:41 | #19

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 21 February 2013 21:17) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 21 February 2013 21:03) *
Magmog hit the team in the videos for 800 because Makabrakfire rings in the video were measured in finalresist, remember? -20% of the damage you recieved. I guess remmy never figured that out.
Wait wait wait, maka still reduces dmg, i thought troyle said there is a difference between the kinds of reflects and makafire doesnt reduce damage.

i never noticed it in any case :S
Ankama changed it so makabrakfire rings don't work on bosses now.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #464557  Replies : 40  Views : 2001
posté February 21, 2013, 21:20:01 | #20

Quote (HateSpawn @ 21 February 2013 21:12) *

Quote (MadamRage @ 21 February 2013 21:07) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 21 February 2013 21:03) *
No one is posting the strat that I see, Lycho. Chill.

Magmog is a HARD encounter. But he's consistant. When frigost comes out and I have 4 teams killing it every week (maybe even more) and I'm covered to my neck in sleet set and mastogob set, I think THAT'S when I'll be ready to give out hints.

I can tell you you have mostly the right classes, though.

>TITLE

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.

Oh also, HOW DID YOU GET THAT MUCH RESIST.

OH AND ALSO ALSO!!

Magmog hit the team in the videos for 800 because Makabrakfire rings in the video were measured in finalresist, remember? -20% of the damage you recieved. I guess remmy never figured that out.

Can I ask if ANYONE on Remmy downed Magagogmog the Roggalblog on Remmy yet?

It was one of the latest videos so I think that was fixed at that point and yes we did use that too. I'm not asking for tactics
What video did you watch? And what did you use too? You lost me ;~;

Also, I'll probs dump my Magmog notes on these new forums like I did in September. Magmog only has two fire spells and then cataclysms. The meteors are earth.

BUT STILL 500% RESIST IS MAGICAL TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.

I've messaged you ^^"

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #464547  Replies : 40  Views : 2001