Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Wareen-Peace's profile
Statistics
838 Posts (0.29 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté May 23, 2016, 18:39:18 | #1
Funny, for a while now I've always thought that weapons were being used solely as a state booster instead of as a damage augmenting tool. I may be mistaken but long ago was the idea not for weapons to be used to make up for what a character lacked? A Cra carrying a sword for if their stuck in cc and a Iop carrying a bow to hit things at range.

Now they just fill slots to boost stats it feels like. *shrug*

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #964511  Replies : 7  Views : 191
posté May 23, 2016, 14:23:52 | #2

Quote (Xillor-The-Shadow @ 23 May 2016 04:35) *
I can't be the only person that thinks spell effects in this game are really lackluster... Most of them are just green blob that shows up for a half second. Pandawa specifically has a lot of boring animations. Milk Wave for example is just a couple of bubbles on the target when it could easily be a huge wave that moves across the screen. I feel like little touches like this could make the game more fun to play, if the visual effects gave a satisfying "umf" to the spells.
Think this is a layered issue. Part of this is that the spell animations are mostly unchanged if the spell didn't get changed during the bigger class overhauls. Another issue is animation speed. The more elaborate the animation the longer it takes for the action to complete so that you can input a subsequent action.

I agree that a lot of spells would do well to have some aesthetic tweaks.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #964475  Replies : 8  Views : 265
posté May 20, 2016, 15:36:51 | #3
If you're running an Eni (heals) Cra (ranged DD) and Enu (DD/Loot) then I'd suggest these 3:
  • Fogger (DD) super consistent damage and clears dungeons quite easily and benefits greatly from Eni support
  • Feca (Tank) still the most relevant tank in the meta
  • Sadida OR Panda (debuff/heals/positioning/) Sadida is still a swiss army knife of options and Panda's ability to throw enemies could come in handy with setting up for Cra AoE kills
Just my two cents...

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #963969  Replies : 8  Views : 232
posté May 20, 2016, 15:18:25 | #4
Think I agree with Gelgy. If that were a function they'd have to have a big penalty for being able to do so.

Speaking of Exalted though, I wish they'd go and fix the visual issue of death while Exalted. Really rather tiresome...

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #963967  Replies : 5  Views : 201
posté May 19, 2016, 17:50:27 | #5

Quote (Paglopglop @ 19 May 2016 17:13) *
Huppermage lore AND/OR Eliotrope lore, as promised a long time ago...
Got nothing extensive on Eliotrope but if you watched the 3 episode short, you see the conditions in which they were created. I think I heard second hand that there's no lore because when they die all memory of them disappears? I don't know how accurate that is.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #963819  Replies : 2754  Views : 183104
posté May 19, 2016, 14:38:43 | #6

Quote (FF12-ThePRofWRandR @ 19 May 2016 05:55) *
Hoy everyone! As the title says, I'm looking for opinions and advice from other elio players on my build.

My elio is currently lvl 142 and earth/water.

Earth - Hiding, Clash, Ardent Aegis

Water - Pulsation, Flood, Wakmeha, Barrier

All 5 actives

Passives- Rage, Effervescence, Resilience, and Sublimation.

Intelligence - 10 resist, 10 hp to shield, the rest %hp

Strength - all general damage

Agility - all dodge & lock

Chance - 20 block, 10 berserk, balancing the rest to crit and backstab resist

Major - AP, MP, Reduction

I'm currently thinking about changing the block for something else, and am working towards a 13/6 build focused more on tanky stats.
Any feedback would be appreciated!
With Resilience in your deck, you may want to think about stating into close combat. I'd also forget about the hp into shield and just pop 3 points into barrier and use those last 7 points into %hp to try and raise your 50% hp value to better effectively utilize rage and berzerk damage.

If you're going to get rid of block, I'd suggest dumping into Berzerk damage. The bulk of your late game power is going to be in the form of a boosted clash and tons of berzerk damage. You're not utilizing deafening target so you're probably not going to be holding down your target all that well unless you have a ton of lock from gear.

Barrier is almost never going to hit (if you're using it for damage mostly) if you can't keep someone in it's range. Most people carry at least one push and you can't stab yourself. So they'll just force you away and run back out of its range.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #963806  Replies : 8  Views : 238
posté May 18, 2016, 17:59:53 | #7

Quote (HealingHand @ 18 May 2016 17:26) *
Phew! Alright, I did get my facts crossed. Thank you guys.

The thread I read about costumes linking to a character was talking about the PVP costume. Is that the only costume that links to one character, or did I somehow get my facts twisted there too? @_@

Thanks again guys!
That one is more correct because (may be foggy on the specifics) said character has a specific PVP ranking and merit amount.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #963739  Replies : 12  Views : 383
posté May 18, 2016, 14:25:25 | #8

Quote (marotomau @ 17 May 2016 10:57) *
" Y-ster: I'm well aware we have classes that are OP, why would you want to add another to that list? All you want is a class to be ww1 themed. You want a historically accurate ww1 class. You have no reason for adding it, other than that you think it would be cool. "
1) im not here to talk about a ww1 themed topic. do you have any idea what fantasy is?

2) there are not OP classes. a class can be op if the class has highter level. is your head full of retardation?
Time to get cracking

[1] Here's a direct quote from you in the opening few lines

"This game has a lots of fantasy genres: Oriental Fantasy (pandawas), steampunk (foggernauts), medieval (Cra, Iop), anthropoid (ecaflips, Osamodas), magic realism (eliotropes, eniripsa, huppermagic, juvenille fantasy (refering to all characters of the universe, they look teenagers), etc...
Ok, feel free to add your own ideas in this thread, you can necro, share your ideas for skills and spells to your idea of the class.

Ok, here's my idea. How about a World War 1 based fantasy class?"

You yourself called you're idea a WW1 based class. Maybe you should take a minute to try and think about what you're saying to people.

[2] Here's another direct quote from you

"remember that we have some classes that are OP"

You yourself admitted to believing that there are classes that are overpowered. You tend you lose credibility when your statements don't agree with each-other. Don't get all fussy with people when they're discussing very calmly with you how the implications of your ideas have been poorly thought out and being called out on your diddlydoo.

~Kouett

Thread : General  Preview message : #963719  Replies : 14  Views : 633
posté May 18, 2016, 13:35:13 | #9
Alright, so if I understand the OP correctly, you're saying that the deck system is lackluster due to the repetitive nature of the spell decks? Please correct me if I'm way off base there, but I'll continue under the assumption that that's what you're saying.

Repetitive fights are more likely a result of you're build choice than the deck system itself. Although the system encourages multiple different styles of play to fulfill different varying situations; unless you're level 200 with maxed out elemental trees and focused on mostly general stats, how exactly are you going to produce an extremely wide array of ways to play to reduce the "repetitive" decks?

The community I'd wager to guess is mostly dual element which locks you into a handful of ways to play (excluding player ingenuity and making something odd and unique) with a solitary character to begin with. If you're being efficient and trying to maximize your output in w/e capacity you're playing you're most likely going to specialize in a particular play-style that can best use those two trees.

Then after you've done that you have the wiggle room of a maximum, 3 alternative means of tackling a situation (3 decks).

I can see how you'd think you're being limited in your options, but I'd just as easily argue you have plenty options as it is. Spell deck works fine for me tbh. My Xelor for example, has two vastly different PvE decks with one focused on massive AoE and the other on more controlled single target bursts. Whereas his PvP deck is exclusively for AP removal. No repetition there at all. I even change the spells for PvP regularly depending on the opponent to maximize effectiveness.

tl;dr I think the decks are fine personally.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #963710  Replies : 31  Views : 827
posté May 18, 2016, 13:09:46 | #10

Quote (HealingHand @ 18 May 2016 12:34) *
Hello!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but after a quick search I couldn't find a concrete answer.

What are "linked" costumes? Are they costumes that can only be worn by characters on the same account, or are they costumes that once placed on a character, they can only ever be worn by that particular character?

Any information would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh my gosh. After doing a bit more research it sounds like it's permanently linked to the character. That's awful!

I pray someone leaves a post here and tells me I'm mistaken. o_o

Just when I thought about picking this game up again, I'm being reminded of the reasons why I left. Why does Ankama treat they're players so poorly? Binding costumes to an account I understand, but locking them to a single character is terrible! (Especially when there's no way to preview what the costume looks like on the character before binding it!)

Please someone tell me I've gotten my facts twisted. T_T
Linked items, typically are just account bound. Meaning you can swap them between your various characters on a single account.

I believe there are still some items in game (outside of quest items) that are strictly character bound; meaning that character alone gets use of the item. I think these particular items are few and far between though.

Most items that I see are simply account bound (that are linked). Also, you should be able to preview a costume before you put it on if someone links it in chat or you're seeing the item from some sort of vendor. There's an icon on it that once pressed will display your character with said costume on.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #963706  Replies : 12  Views : 383
posté May 17, 2016, 17:59:17 | #11

Quote (EarthyMadness @ 17 May 2016 09:34) *
Elio are actually really great in groups because portals are shared. We have decent tanking and +lock/-mp and life steal abilities in earth, high ranged damage in air, and water for support/positioning. The only thing it truly lacks is dedicated healing. There was a passive that healed whenever you go through portals but I don't know if it was removed/changed in update 1.46, I never really used it enough to pay attention.
It's still a thing

~Kouett

Thread : General  Preview message : #963569  Replies : 7  Views : 243
posté May 16, 2016, 16:16:27 | #12

Quote (Amagakuro @ 16 May 2016 15:34) *
Mmh, i don't know q.q, i would love to make a tri ele masque but i'm a beginner-ish, since i don't play from lots of time, maybe it's too hard/not very effective i don't know.

I need some guide on how put my stats points.

Do you know someone who have a dps masque?

And beside the fact that i don't want to be full support, maybe it will be good to have some useful skill, i don't know xD
IVTea is an excellent Masq that could teach you much more than I ever could.

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #963385  Replies : 17  Views : 377
posté May 16, 2016, 15:27:52 | #13

Quote (Amagakuro @ 16 May 2016 15:25) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 16 May 2016 15:20) *
My masq is pure ranged support, however, water masq can is pretty good in the damage department but also gives you longevity via heals.

~Kouett
I don't really like to be a support, you're full water?
I'm water fire. However, I've seen lots of successful Air/Water Masq that simply use the fire mask when needed as a full damage class. Water by itself is really strong as an option class by way of Spitton.

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - May 25, 2016, 13:04:01.
Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #963379  Replies : 17  Views : 377
posté May 16, 2016, 15:20:04 | #14
My masq is pure ranged support, however, water masq is pretty good in the damage department but also gives you longevity via heals.

~Kouett

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #963377  Replies : 17  Views : 377
posté May 16, 2016, 02:39:23 | #15
Welp, you're going to get a bunch of smarty-pants who are going to give you a ton of different answers. But based on what you're looking for, i.e. damage dealer with crowd control function. I'll try to translate that into my interpretation.

Xelor and Cra both have excellent crowd control by way of AoE spells. Both have excellent damage as well. Cra has great burst and can stabilize and -MP enemies. Xelor on the other hand has multiple AP manipulation spells, controlled burst, and a revive mechanic in case of an absent revive elsewhere. Both can displace people as well with Cra having an easier time at displacing than Xelor does.

Both of those are ranged options and do well at crowd control.

A more outside the box answer for you would be Sacrier. They can displace people better than alot of classes and can run tanky or run pure damage depending on what you want/need. Probably a little more simple than Xelor overall but displacement may be a bit tricky at first simply with the multiple swaps to get things in the right positions.

Sadida is still a solid option as well when you utilize dolls to hold onto enemies you wish to deal with later while you buff allies or debuff selected foes.

I'm personally partial to Xelor, however I'd say Sadida and Cra could have a little more longevity at least in later endgame dungeons.

If you're talking PvP that's a whooole other story. I'm not even going to open the cancerous can of worms unless you really want to know something. And if that's the case you can just PM me on here.

Hope this helps some...

~Kouett

Thread : General  Preview message : #963326  Replies : 8  Views : 305
posté May 13, 2016, 17:59:46 | #16

Quote (Kruzy99 @ 13 May 2016 17:18) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 13 May 2016 16:50) *

Quote (Kruzy99 @ 13 May 2016 16:35) *

Quote (MrMunchkin1988 @ 13 May 2016 15:55) *
But if you try to be realistic, Multiboxing and "Single Players are wrong in a so called "MMO" If you want to stay alone, you should play games like dark souls.
But if you try to use your brain, there is nothing in the MMO genre that implies that you have to play with others.
Ehh, Massively Multiplayer Online kinda in name implies you will be playing with others. (Sorry for being a semantics stickler )

~Kouett
It implies that there are other players but not that you have to play with them.
(Talking to Gunner as well with this response)

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #962969  Replies : 51  Views : 1049
posté May 13, 2016, 16:50:07 | #17

Quote (Kruzy99 @ 13 May 2016 16:35) *

Quote (MrMunchkin1988 @ 13 May 2016 15:55) *
But if you try to be realistic, Multiboxing and "Single Players are wrong in a so called "MMO" If you want to stay alone, you should play games like dark souls.
But if you try to use your brain, there is nothing in the MMO genre that implies that you have to play with others.
Ehh, Massively Multiplayer Online kinda in name implies you will be playing with others. (Sorry for being a semantics stickler )

~Kouett

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #962955  Replies : 51  Views : 1049
posté May 13, 2016, 15:23:41 | #18

Quote (duzma @ 13 May 2016 15:10) *
Important question: What is the range of level you are talking about? 125 to end game change a lot ( i know only about 125 ~ )
I'm assuming this is with regard to endgame. Specifically between 175-200 but focused more on the 190-200 range considering Bari is, what, 196 now? Don't quote me on that though...

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #962940  Replies : 158  Views : 3747
posté May 12, 2016, 17:42:48 | #19
Banning multi accounting I don't think will increase/benefit Wakfu in the long run. Multi accounting directly benefits players that are more "hardcore" than casual. They're paying for a luxury that makes better use of their time and increases their efficiency. Ankama makes money and the hardcore player gets done faster.

I think a big problem is that there is nothing that has much longevity to keep the player base around once they've reached endgame or gotten near it.

Politics is only interesting on paper and people generally care less for the nation and more for the bonuses they receive from them. The same can be said about guilds.

The devices that spur people to be connected and to collaborate are either lackluster or nearly nonexistent once you've reached the endgame. The "story-line" is fragmented at best so you can't really get super attached to it. The PvP is a joke so it gets stale very quickly. And the dungeons are monotonous and get boring over time.

If Ankama followed through with the revamps with regards to PvP, that could possibly encourage more people to be invested in others.

~Kouett

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #962762  Replies : 51  Views : 1049