Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Wareen-Peace's profile
Statistics
594 Posts (0.24 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté March 01, 2015, 20:57:18 | #1

Quote (Cardesg @ 01 March 2015 10:27) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 01 March 2015 04:37) *
oh snap, I see, Portal, Portal, Inca, Burst (x3) happening which could be loads of fun

~Kouett
Explain? I don't think Incadescence can be casted through portals; although that'd be kinda interesting
Let's pretend that your faster than whatever your fighting so you go first and that you have a 12/6 supported build.

Start by placing your initial portal right next to you, while placing your secondary portal within range of your enemy (without moving).

Step onto portal and travel to secondary portal.

Cast Inca on your target and then (you can choose whether or not you want to exalt) follow up with 3 Bursts.

This leaves you with 1mp to either remain were you are, or return to the initial portal!

That's typically what I had in mind (I'm sure you assumed I meant casting both portals and then moving both to the target to Inca and retreat to attack from portals).

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #834762  Replies : 10  Views : 411
posté March 01, 2015, 04:37:22 | #2
oh snap, I see, Portal, Portal, Inca, Burst (x3) happening which could be loads of fun

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #834631  Replies : 10  Views : 411
posté February 22, 2015, 03:39:27 | #3

Quote (Nuphire @ 21 February 2015 19:46) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 21 February 2015 16:43) *
Ideally, if you cast Exhalted on yourself (not that you can cast it anywhere else ), that will increase the amount of "Pierced" you will apply to your target because in addition to your damage spells original cost, it will also cost a WP.

~Kouett

Actually, WP doesn't add any Pierced stacks. This is probably an over-sight, but Incandescence will not give any more stacks in the Exalted state than it will in the Calm state.
I'll definitely go test that myself (not saying I don't believe you)!

If that's the case though, then it needs to be fixed because that's what it's suppose to do lol...

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #832637  Replies : 6  Views : 266
posté February 21, 2015, 16:54:58 | #4
Xelor is still very much strong yes. As far as fun goes, I think Xelor is loads of fun! But that's an opinion you'll have to make for yourself .

"Best Build" is really hard to describe because even though some builds shine over others, smart gameplay can make lots of builds very competitive.

The mainstream Xelor of today is a Air/Fire Xelor that runs and either or ....

Those spells are pretty cookie cutter for Xelor right now, but feel free to do whatever you think is best/fun!

As far as things EVERY Xelor should max, I'd definitely say

Those actives/passives are used on all Xelors and are a necessity.

~Kouett

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #832477  Replies : 7  Views : 369
posté February 21, 2015, 16:43:42 | #5

Quote (Nortista @ 19 February 2015 23:04) *
Hello guys!

I need to help me know how to increase the state level " stuck " after applying the " incandescent " , still can not understand the calculation made by the game system , please help me .
Once you apply Incandescence to a target, every AP, MP, WP used to inflict damage on the "Cracked" target will generate "Pierced" stacks.

Ideally, if you cast Exhalted on yourself (not that you can cast it anywhere else ), that will increase the amount of "Pierced" you will apply to your target because in addition to your damage spells original cost, it will also cost a WP.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #832475  Replies : 6  Views : 266
posté February 21, 2015, 16:39:13 | #6

Quote (BenderII @ 21 February 2015 16:22) *
I started playing a few weeks ago again after a long break (3 years) and i decided to make a panda, got him to level 55 and realized he is basically crap for everything except healing and map manip. I played a panda on dofus for YEARS got him to 200 and he was perfect. I loved playing a panda, the rarity, the crazy combos of skills, but this panda.... hes lackluster. Hes weak and more importantly is useless in a solo fight or a fight with anything less than 2 allies. In my honest opinion he is a crappy meat shield. Please PLEASE tell me if there is a way to enjoy the pandawa class because my osa (which everyone says has been nerfed to nothing) does 2x the ammount of damage (Without summons included 10 levels lower) and has way better skill set as far as range and usefulness goes. Sorry if this offends any other pandas, im just so disappointed with the development of how the panda plays.
I'm no panda, and I'm sure one will chime in on this, but panda damage is nothing to scoff at endgame from what I've seen.

The heals and map manip make them excellent for team fights of any caliber; but I always saw those as tools instead of jobs. Panda has lots of access to support based techniques, but that most certainly isn't it's only redeeming quality.

But, as I've said, I'm no panda, just voicing my opinion about what I've seen from some pretty well geared 170 Panda's in PvE...

~Kouett

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #832473  Replies : 7  Views : 536
posté February 12, 2015, 21:42:29 | #7
It's looking really good Serah!

~Kouett (Your favorite Mech)  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #829894  Replies : 27  Views : 2181
posté February 03, 2015, 16:33:36 | #8
I feel like the odd man out for being excited for this lol

Thread : News  Preview message : #826805  Replies : 26  Views : 1408
posté February 02, 2015, 22:06:52 | #9
I personally think individual consumer want has overshadowed group need if you ask me. It's been shown time and again that the "HC" player will forgo the grinding process entirely in exchange for higher drops rates through the use of multiple accounts.

People at endgame want their gear and they want it now. So much of the competitive voice is from multiboxers that the people who actually play with a single account get drowned out if you ask me.

I will agree that the drop rates are pretty brutal once you reach endgame but I'm fine with them deep down. If they were high enough to make a significant difference then everyone would have the nicest things. If everyone already has everything they need then what's there left to do other then sit at Alma and show off?

But that's just my two cents...

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #826607  Replies : 96  Views : 2238
posté January 31, 2015, 07:51:22 | #10
I actually would change Whirlwind instead of Blade for this instance.

If long ranged whirlwind could effect players/monsters on your portal I think that'd be better.

Just my two cents....

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #825795  Replies : 7  Views : 608
posté January 27, 2015, 18:11:58 | #11
I agree with pretty much everything everyone has stated thus far.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. Dial needs an entire rework. Either we need to give it a portion of the Xelor's hp like barrel or we need it to not cost a WP at max. Simply put, it's the biggest crutch of a Xelor. Syclicks dials put Xelor dials to shame.
  2. Water branch needs a total overhaul (self explanatory)
  3. SOME KIND OF DEFENSE. Xelor literally has no way of protecting itself outside of the broken AP steal mechanic.
~Kouett

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #824541  Replies : 17  Views : 1114
posté January 26, 2015, 16:54:18 | #12
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but if "Whirlwind" is cast on a stable target, the initial hit will do damage twice as if the target has taken collision/impact damage.

Subsequent attacks do standard damage...

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 26, 2015, 16:54:32.
Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #824184  Replies : 18  Views : 1968
posté January 26, 2015, 02:18:24 | #13

Quote (Kirikiroa0 @ 25 January 2015 22:51) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 23 January 2015 00:56) *
If you ask me, Cataclysm is a GREAT spell... for PvP.

No one uses it hardly so it can take an opponent by surprise once they see you randomly (not so random) AoE them at the start of your turn. But the AoE can hit allies and has to be telegraphed to teammates everytime your going to use it while in close range to them. Not to mention some monsters push and displace allies in range of the AoE which would actually work against you.

Ardent is a solid spell for both PvE and PvP. The problem with ardent is going to be taking advantage of the mechanic in PvP. Most people will attempt to side stab you before trying to front stab you. And if you have them "locked" I know many classes that can for a cheap cost bypass your lock amount altogether.

But if your exceptionally tanky and have smart teammates they're both worth it. You'll just sacrifice your sustain through Hiding and your ranged AoE execution spell through Clash is all.

~Kouett
I`m doig Water/Earth Elio with Cataclysm and Barrier for aoe. Cataclysm do not damage allies, so as Barrier.
Aegis is rather good but, you need to lock your enemy and make sure that he will attack you from your face, second have some strange limit (is that 500 damage a limit?) of reflect.
Emm... can Cataclysm AOE crit? if no, i think threr is no sense in leveling crit
Yes, the max amount of damage you can reflect is 500 regardless of how much your hit by.

No Cataclysm can NOT crit on the AoE.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #824013  Replies : 5  Views : 498
posté January 23, 2015, 01:01:48 | #14
Short answer... yes.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822969  Replies : 5  Views : 226
posté January 23, 2015, 00:56:19 | #15
If you ask me, Cataclysm is a GREAT spell... for PvP.

No one uses it hardly so it can take an opponent by surprise once they see you randomly (not so random) AoE them at the start of your turn. But the AoE can hit allies and has to be telegraphed to teammates everytime your going to use it while in close range to them. Not to mention some monsters push and displace allies in range of the AoE which would actually work against you.

Ardent is a solid spell for both PvE and PvP. The problem with ardent is going to be taking advantage of the mechanic in PvP. Most people will attempt to side stab you before trying to front stab you. And if you have them "locked" I know many classes that can for a cheap cost bypass your lock amount altogether.

But if your exceptionally tanky and have smart teammates they're both worth it. You'll just sacrifice your sustain through Hiding and your ranged AoE execution spell through Clash is all.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #822967  Replies : 5  Views : 498
posté January 20, 2015, 02:49:57 | #16
I personally think in PvE they are sublime and in PvP they're interesting to say the least. There is at least one spell in each branch that can be cast through portals which makes all the branches LD or CC worthy tbh. It's all a matter of preference. They also each have spells that capitalize on secondary effects.

It's honestly a matter of gear that you have and preference of playstyle. I personally play tri elio for the maximum amount of versatility.

Berserker damage is damage gained after "x" amount of hp is lost. In this case (and most cases) when your hp dips below 50% you get a surge of damage.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #821712  Replies : 5  Views : 852
posté January 19, 2015, 04:27:34 | #17
I'll try to tackle some of the burning questions you have about the class as best I can.

As far as roles go, the Eliotrope is a berserker damage dealer that has the option of being a ranged dpt or a CC fighter. Their core mechanics are both the portals they create and the states that they have (Exalted and Calm). What I believe it is meant to do, is either act as a secondary sniper (after a bit of setup) or a close ranger bruiser. They get in and try to destroy things as quickly as possible; while still retaining the option to retreat to safety through a few options.

They have a couple team abilities among their skills, the most notably being the resurrection spell they can cast on themselves and allies alike in the event that they predict an incoming death to quickly revive them with a small portion of your health and NO ap reduction.

Other support skills being small heals to allies that use your portals and buffing allies resistance if they start next to you.

Eliotrope fairs ok against other classes. Eliotropes have the capability of being un-kite-able due to the nature of their movement abilities along with the range they can give themselves with well placed portals. The only similar class to elio I can think of would be something like sacrier or fire masq simply because both recieve benefits from taking damage from enemies and are primarly CC.

Builds are completely and utterly up to you though. The air branch is where all your power is though, so if you want some big numbers when you hit things, air should be your first look.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #821454  Replies : 5  Views : 852
posté January 17, 2015, 15:33:48 | #18
Prevention works as intended I'm almost certain. Incandescence is in act bugged. Exalted is nothing more than Psychopath Mask without the constant -resistance. Unleashed Blade is perfectly fine the way it works if you ask me. Unleashed Blade is for a CC elio, so you should really only be using portals to setup a punish or retreat if absolutely necessary. I find Enthusiasm to be used more-so for the AP. It's used for setup burst turns for yourself or for giving allies an AP. Though I must admit, in my time as a Xelor, I can't think of very many situations in which giving another class a single AP versus 2 AP has ever been useful to him/her.

Eliotropes are interesting in the fact that our core damage mechanic is from Exalted and Rage. So they expect us to stay at half HP and spend all of our WP quickly to be powerful. The way I see it, unless you want to play a mixed set that utilizes ranged (by way of portal) and CC spells, the only way to go is CC if you want to capitalize on damage. Of course I'm not saying that long ranged elio's are incapable of the damage close combat ones are. But due to the nature of their core damage abilities, getting hit is a necessary evil.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I do agree that elio's need slight tweaks though. But I think those tweaks need to either be lowering the cost of portal or re-thinking elio's core damage mechanic.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #820737  Replies : 18  Views : 1968
posté January 15, 2015, 16:43:43 | #19
After playing with this class so much, I've found that an easily successful PvP Elio build is a CC one. There is a multitude of combinations to make this build work, but it mostly revolves around "Resilience".

Resilience, will in fact lower your opponents resistance not once, but TWICE if you manage to keep them locked and eliminate their movement for two turns.

Ethereal Burst is the only true staple attack for PvP since it can A) be used through portals. B} can combine with other spells to stack the most pierce. and C) most importantly, it can reduce hp regen which will cripple classes that rely on self sustain through heals.

Creative freedom can run rampant if you choose to build for PvP with your other spells. Cataclysm is a nice earth spell that combos nicely with Ethereal Burst to CC opponents. Add with that Barrier and you have two huge AoE's that combo with Ethereal and also provide a secondary function; the first being additional damage while the second being protection (small) from ranged opponents.

Ardent is a nice spell which can be used in place of Clash for pure damage and the added bonus of lock. Unfortunately the lock does not stack on Ardent which means you cannot depend on it to build however much lock you truly need to root someone without a wealth of natural lock. Clash however provides you with a punishment spell for those believing you to be a death's door with its damage increase at low HP.

Truly there are many options for this class, but if I were to build for PvP, I would most likely simply change from a 2/2/2 build to a 3/1/1. Torrential Flux, Ethereal Burst, Unleashed Blade, Clash, and Wakmeha.

Elio needs to be built tanky and with a wealth of hp so losing hiding is only marginally inconvenient. This provides coverage, high damage, and the most hindering one can do to their opponent without sacrificing all of the Elio's range by way of portal.

Obviously "Dodge&Lock" would be the way to go unless you are settled in your gear and can make slight adjustments without having to do a full dump into Dodge&Lock.

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 15, 2015, 16:50:09.
Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #820124  Replies : 1  Views : 825
posté January 14, 2015, 02:33:25 | #20
To be honest, even with ALL the complaining people did about adding a groupfinder, it seems as though no one even uses it ..

I tried using it or kicks the other day, not a single soul was matched to me. Honestly you're better off hovering around the places you want to level up at then trying to use group finder.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819720  Replies : 8  Views : 328