Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Wareen-Peace's profile
Statistics
585 Posts (0.24 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté Today - 07:51:22 | #1
I actually would change Whirlwind instead of Blade for this instance.

If long ranged whirlwind could effect players/monsters on your portal I think that'd be better.

Just my two cents....

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #825795  Replies : 5  Views : 182
posté January 27, 2015, 18:11:58 | #2
I agree with pretty much everything everyone has stated thus far.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. Dial needs an entire rework. Either we need to give it a portion of the Xelor's hp like barrel or we need it to not cost a WP at max. Simply put, it's the biggest crutch of a Xelor. Syclicks dials put Xelor dials to shame.
  2. Water branch needs a total overhaul (self explanatory)
  3. SOME KIND OF DEFENSE. Xelor literally has no way of protecting itself outside of the broken AP steal mechanic.
~Kouett

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #824541  Replies : 11  Views : 347
posté January 26, 2015, 16:54:18 | #3
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but if "Whirlwind" is cast on a stable target, the initial hit will do damage twice as if the target has taken collision/impact damage.

Subsequent attacks do standard damage...

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 26, 2015, 16:54:32.
Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #824184  Replies : 18  Views : 1242
posté January 26, 2015, 02:18:24 | #4

Quote (Kirikiroa0 @ 25 January 2015 22:51) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 23 January 2015 00:56) *
If you ask me, Cataclysm is a GREAT spell... for PvP.

No one uses it hardly so it can take an opponent by surprise once they see you randomly (not so random) AoE them at the start of your turn. But the AoE can hit allies and has to be telegraphed to teammates everytime your going to use it while in close range to them. Not to mention some monsters push and displace allies in range of the AoE which would actually work against you.

Ardent is a solid spell for both PvE and PvP. The problem with ardent is going to be taking advantage of the mechanic in PvP. Most people will attempt to side stab you before trying to front stab you. And if you have them "locked" I know many classes that can for a cheap cost bypass your lock amount altogether.

But if your exceptionally tanky and have smart teammates they're both worth it. You'll just sacrifice your sustain through Hiding and your ranged AoE execution spell through Clash is all.

~Kouett
I`m doig Water/Earth Elio with Cataclysm and Barrier for aoe. Cataclysm do not damage allies, so as Barrier.
Aegis is rather good but, you need to lock your enemy and make sure that he will attack you from your face, second have some strange limit (is that 500 damage a limit?) of reflect.
Emm... can Cataclysm AOE crit? if no, i think threr is no sense in leveling crit
Yes, the max amount of damage you can reflect is 500 regardless of how much your hit by.

No Cataclysm can NOT crit on the AoE.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #824013  Replies : 5  Views : 315
posté January 23, 2015, 01:01:48 | #5
Short answer... yes.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822969  Replies : 5  Views : 185
posté January 23, 2015, 00:56:19 | #6
If you ask me, Cataclysm is a GREAT spell... for PvP.

No one uses it hardly so it can take an opponent by surprise once they see you randomly (not so random) AoE them at the start of your turn. But the AoE can hit allies and has to be telegraphed to teammates everytime your going to use it while in close range to them. Not to mention some monsters push and displace allies in range of the AoE which would actually work against you.

Ardent is a solid spell for both PvE and PvP. The problem with ardent is going to be taking advantage of the mechanic in PvP. Most people will attempt to side stab you before trying to front stab you. And if you have them "locked" I know many classes that can for a cheap cost bypass your lock amount altogether.

But if your exceptionally tanky and have smart teammates they're both worth it. You'll just sacrifice your sustain through Hiding and your ranged AoE execution spell through Clash is all.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #822967  Replies : 5  Views : 315
posté January 20, 2015, 02:49:57 | #7
I personally think in PvE they are sublime and in PvP they're interesting to say the least. There is at least one spell in each branch that can be cast through portals which makes all the branches LD or CC worthy tbh. It's all a matter of preference. They also each have spells that capitalize on secondary effects.

It's honestly a matter of gear that you have and preference of playstyle. I personally play tri elio for the maximum amount of versatility.

Berserker damage is damage gained after "x" amount of hp is lost. In this case (and most cases) when your hp dips below 50% you get a surge of damage.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #821712  Replies : 5  Views : 550
posté January 19, 2015, 04:27:34 | #8
I'll try to tackle some of the burning questions you have about the class as best I can.

As far as roles go, the Eliotrope is a berserker damage dealer that has the option of being a ranged dpt or a CC fighter. Their core mechanics are both the portals they create and the states that they have (Exalted and Calm). What I believe it is meant to do, is either act as a secondary sniper (after a bit of setup) or a close ranger bruiser. They get in and try to destroy things as quickly as possible; while still retaining the option to retreat to safety through a few options.

They have a couple team abilities among their skills, the most notably being the resurrection spell they can cast on themselves and allies alike in the event that they predict an incoming death to quickly revive them with a small portion of your health and NO ap reduction.

Other support skills being small heals to allies that use your portals and buffing allies resistance if they start next to you.

Eliotrope fairs ok against other classes. Eliotropes have the capability of being un-kite-able due to the nature of their movement abilities along with the range they can give themselves with well placed portals. The only similar class to elio I can think of would be something like sacrier or fire masq simply because both recieve benefits from taking damage from enemies and are primarly CC.

Builds are completely and utterly up to you though. The air branch is where all your power is though, so if you want some big numbers when you hit things, air should be your first look.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #821454  Replies : 5  Views : 550
posté January 17, 2015, 15:33:48 | #9
Prevention works as intended I'm almost certain. Incandescence is in act bugged. Exalted is nothing more than Psychopath Mask without the constant -resistance. Unleashed Blade is perfectly fine the way it works if you ask me. Unleashed Blade is for a CC elio, so you should really only be using portals to setup a punish or retreat if absolutely necessary. I find Enthusiasm to be used more-so for the AP. It's used for setup burst turns for yourself or for giving allies an AP. Though I must admit, in my time as a Xelor, I can't think of very many situations in which giving another class a single AP versus 2 AP has ever been useful to him/her.

Eliotropes are interesting in the fact that our core damage mechanic is from Exalted and Rage. So they expect us to stay at half HP and spend all of our WP quickly to be powerful. The way I see it, unless you want to play a mixed set that utilizes ranged (by way of portal) and CC spells, the only way to go is CC if you want to capitalize on damage. Of course I'm not saying that long ranged elio's are incapable of the damage close combat ones are. But due to the nature of their core damage abilities, getting hit is a necessary evil.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I do agree that elio's need slight tweaks though. But I think those tweaks need to either be lowering the cost of portal or re-thinking elio's core damage mechanic.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #820737  Replies : 18  Views : 1242
posté January 15, 2015, 16:43:43 | #10
After playing with this class so much, I've found that an easily successful PvP Elio build is a CC one. There is a multitude of combinations to make this build work, but it mostly revolves around "Resilience".

Resilience, will in fact lower your opponents resistance not once, but TWICE if you manage to keep them locked and eliminate their movement for two turns.

Ethereal Burst is the only true staple attack for PvP since it can A) be used through portals. B} can combine with other spells to stack the most pierce. and C) most importantly, it can reduce hp regen which will cripple classes that rely on self sustain through heals.

Creative freedom can run rampant if you choose to build for PvP with your other spells. Cataclysm is a nice earth spell that combos nicely with Ethereal Burst to CC opponents. Add with that Barrier and you have two huge AoE's that combo with Ethereal and also provide a secondary function; the first being additional damage while the second being protection (small) from ranged opponents.

Ardent is a nice spell which can be used in place of Clash for pure damage and the added bonus of lock. Unfortunately the lock does not stack on Ardent which means you cannot depend on it to build however much lock you truly need to root someone without a wealth of natural lock. Clash however provides you with a punishment spell for those believing you to be a death's door with its damage increase at low HP.

Truly there are many options for this class, but if I were to build for PvP, I would most likely simply change from a 2/2/2 build to a 3/1/1. Torrential Flux, Ethereal Burst, Unleashed Blade, Clash, and Wakmeha.

Elio needs to be built tanky and with a wealth of hp so losing hiding is only marginally inconvenient. This provides coverage, high damage, and the most hindering one can do to their opponent without sacrificing all of the Elio's range by way of portal.

Obviously "Dodge&Lock" would be the way to go unless you are settled in your gear and can make slight adjustments without having to do a full dump into Dodge&Lock.

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 15, 2015, 16:50:09.
Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #820124  Replies : 1  Views : 466
posté January 14, 2015, 02:33:25 | #11
To be honest, even with ALL the complaining people did about adding a groupfinder, it seems as though no one even uses it ..

I tried using it or kicks the other day, not a single soul was matched to me. Honestly you're better off hovering around the places you want to level up at then trying to use group finder.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819720  Replies : 8  Views : 301
posté January 14, 2015, 02:27:51 | #12
These are two completely different animals lol.

Foggernauts are early game killers were-as Eliotropes are late game sweepers.

Foggernatus are also immediate satisfaction while Eliotropes are setup-savvy.

~Kouett

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #819718  Replies : 4  Views : 572
posté January 11, 2015, 17:05:14 | #13

Quote (Warrior419 @ 11 January 2015 16:47) *

Quote (Hellious @ 11 January 2015 16:43) *
Woah, you guys are really some statistical outliers considering the numbers of players I have asked. Very impressive luck
Actually i think this isnt luck.Just random drop..
What is luck, but random fortune befalling you?

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819131  Replies : 48  Views : 1671
posté January 06, 2015, 18:44:02 | #14

Quote (ezys5 @ 06 January 2015 17:53) *
Thank you for reply Maybe you can give me advice which elements choose for fogger
Of course!

If you want to be a true saboteur fogger, you must use stasis. Unfortunately, the best stasis foggers are all mandatory tri builds due to the nature of stasis. I would recommend a 2/2/2 build seeing as it has served me well for quite a long time.

Ray of Stasis and Stomp are staple spells that are STRONGLY considered to be in your build if you choose to do so.

As far as fire goes, you can't go wrong with steampalm with it's large AoE and good un-modifiable range (which means enemies who try to blind you will not be able to affect this spell which is a plus).

Judging by the level of your characters, at early levels I will suggest infernal set and work your way to a vamp set. From there, there is a myriad of craftable sets including Apprentice, Initiate, and Sage. If you get access to those I would suggest you pick them up. Those should cover you from 70-150(ish).

But if I'm way off base and you have endgame toons I apologize for insulting your knowledge of gear ...

Oh yes, just a tip for Stasis damage. Stasis damage is half the normal value of other elements by itself. You gain stasis damage through the average of your 3 highest elements + your stasis mastery! Hope this helps some, and if not I do beseech you to browse the fogger section of the forums .

~Kouett

Thread : General  Preview message : #817886  Replies : 7  Views : 642
posté January 06, 2015, 16:03:40 | #15
Sram/Feca/Fogger

Sram is still a cornerstone class in utility and damage.

Feca is still the shining shield of defenses.

Fogger is still a saboteur of all things and has massive hp pools.

Runner ups include:Summon Osa, Masqueraider, Xelor

(This kind of question is strongly opinion based as you can fashion w/e class you have to do w/e you want but this is more or less the mainstream top classes in PvP atm).

~Kouett

Thread : General  Preview message : #817849  Replies : 7  Views : 642
posté January 06, 2015, 15:57:08 | #16
I'm not so sure Incandescence is suppose to operate like that. It's literally suppose to only do damage at the end of the opponents second turn from the initial cast. All chaining would (should) do is set up multiple targets with Pierced. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, it still does a flat amount of damage depending on enemy HP but I don't think double proc'ing on enemy's is an intended thing if it's occurring for you...

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #817845  Replies : 22  Views : 1602
posté January 06, 2015, 00:23:23 | #17

Quote (LouCypher @ 05 January 2015 08:47) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 05 January 2015 08:02) *
As AduroT said someone else said they tested it and ALL attacks through a port were localized to be from the front. I took that to mean they tried all possible position combos. I don't have an Elio so have not tested it myself.
It's in fact counted as backstab if you are behind your opponent regardless of where the attack hits (even through portals).

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 09, 2015, 04:51:01.
Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #817731  Replies : 4  Views : 387
posté January 05, 2015, 08:02:04 | #18
Kills take into account position of player when calculating stab direction. So if you have a portal behind a target but your in front of them, it's still front-stab. Your positioning has to be behind your target to receive back-stab with. in which case you might as well just hop through the portal and attack if your going to do all of that.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #817558  Replies : 4  Views : 387
posté January 05, 2015, 05:23:38 | #19
As someone has so generously animated for you, it's as simple as summoning two portals, standing in line (max range of 4 spaces away from a portal) and use w/e spell you want to use (that can actually be used through portal) to attack through it. you'll know you can use a spell through portals either through reading the spell description, or when you hot-key your attack, it'll show the new range thanks to the portals.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #817550  Replies : 6  Views : 606
posté January 04, 2015, 16:31:11 | #20
Honestly, if you can manage some great endgame gear you could make it work. A tri build is even possible.

But if your just a casual and you want to see big numbers when you damage things, air/fire is the way to go. It's consistent and you don't have to worry about hyperactivity

~Kouett

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #817427  Replies : 5  Views : 989