Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Wareen-Peace's profile
Statistics
612 Posts (0.24 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté May 17, 2015, 17:29:15 | #1

Quote (JesterGate @ 16 May 2015 18:13) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 16 May 2015 17:11) *

Quote (JesterGate @ 16 May 2015 13:15) *
I decided to go Air/Earth and am now considering Cataclysm. Love the spell.
I personally don't need Cataclysm, but I wish more elio's that were hybrid and built earth would use it more. A low HP target that has high pierce stacks on it about to take cata and more damage is always nice.

Honestly, Ardent + Hiding + Cata with high amounts of lock would be REALLY funny to play with ...

~Kouett
Not a fan of Ardent Aegis tbh, I'm going with Clash. Will do more testing in the respec room when I get home tomorrow before making a final decision
I agree Ardent is lackluster in basic use, but if you build for lock and bulk, it's IMO more viable then clash.

Clash is mainly used at distance for me, and if I'm low hp I only use it on things weak to it. Clash's mechanics are so specific the damage almost seems negligible at times.

But, then again, in PvP Ardent is VERY easily avoided. PvE though, aggressive monsters aren't very smart and if you have the lock, you'll make them kill themselves!

Meh, it was just an amusing build though, clash is still an awesome spell~

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - May 17, 2015, 17:29:54.
Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #862596  Replies : 14  Views : 693
posté May 16, 2015, 17:11:52 | #2

Quote (JesterGate @ 16 May 2015 13:15) *
I decided to go Air/Earth and am now considering Cataclysm. Love the spell.
I personally don't need Cataclysm, but I wish more elio's that were hybrid and built earth would use it more. A low HP target that has high pierce stacks on it about to take cata and more damage is always nice.

Honestly, Ardent + Hiding + Cata with high amounts of lock would be REALLY funny to play with ...

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #862323  Replies : 14  Views : 693
posté May 15, 2015, 07:23:50 | #3

Quote (Monsterjellybelly @ 15 May 2015 07:14) *
Souleater, GKC, Lucloak, Dark Vlad, and now Bygone hand(seen last night) are being sold by the same toon that has been posting since Saturday. You can count how many people who has a Bygone using ONE hand on Nox, not anymore probably. Also, this morning i saw the toon at temple advertising to sell kamas.

It's no longer a matter of whether this person has been hording 10's of thousands of relic frags, it's now hundreds of thousands of end game relic fragments on top of thousands of class 17 perfect runes.

My theory as to why Ankama hasn't done anything:
1. They can't prove this guy's duping. I'm no techie, but isn't there and ID associated with each item? My theory is this guy is duping the relic fragments so when he creates the relic, the relic gets a unique id different from the rest.
2. Ankama doesn't have the techinal aptitude to figure out what's going on. This one's not far off either. A year later AW boss fight is still bugged, let that sink in for a moment.
3. Under staffed/employed/funded: Look at the lvl 38 #1 pvpers with 18k merit, nothing done about that

I've seen so many people lose the will to play ever since this incident happened, not including the ones that announced their departure from the game here in the forums in the past few days!

The silver lining is this guy exposed that there's a flaw. This is probably already happening in other servers and the ones there are not as dumb to flood the market, probably being subtle and only posting once or twice a weak.

Inb4 omgyoushouldmessagethemods/he'sprobablyjustregearing/lockedasapcausankamadoesntwantppltoknowdupingexists.
Myself, Kichi, and I believe two others are the only ones on Nox with a Bygone at this point in time...

Yeah I have noticed the player in question as well, looks kind of sketchy...

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #861926  Replies : 282  Views : 1910
posté May 08, 2015, 03:16:16 | #4
Whirlwind was more viable back when pulsation had a cast limit (if you ask me).

Not that it doesn't, you should definitely take pulsation.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #859711  Replies : 14  Views : 693
posté May 06, 2015, 01:56:57 | #5
It'll work if your looking for big numbers from a single attack, your honestly better off trying that in tandem with a good pierce stack..

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #859023  Replies : 10  Views : 1124
posté April 23, 2015, 21:26:28 | #6

Quote (leamonenz @ 23 April 2015 19:12) *
-snip-
Ok, so I totally disagree with all the statements regarding Elio effectiveness as well as recreating them from scratch.

Elio is a high risk high reward class with probably the best revive (if utilized intelligently) in the game. Not to mention portal play and it's role in support trumps rails in effectiveness which means they drastically change the shape of the map in the allies favor.

I never have problems with Incandescence simply because chaining it makes that damage effective damage all the time regardless if your teammate kills the target you've placed it on.

Unleashed Blade may see more use simply because AI tends to end on portals more so now then previously (what I've noticed, not verified). But it's still a nice damage option if your more CC oriented.

Xelor and Elio are two completely different support roles. Xelor focuses more on buffing allies ability to do damage and has a secondary movement function where as Elio's are the reverse of that statement.

Exhaltation is your DPS button, point blank, period. If you don't have a means to using it effectively, you shouldn't, flat out. That's why distance Elio is viable so you can safely attack from far away if your not tanky enough to be exhalted in the fray of battle...

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #854862  Replies : 15  Views : 1419
posté April 01, 2015, 15:24:28 | #7
Its a tricky spell to make use of.

Its best used in conjunction with high amounts of lock or against aggressive AI that will usually attempt to stay in CC range around you.

Because the second hit isnt garunteed since most players can teleport away and not all monsters have aggressive AI, most people choose hiding and either clash or the pvp popular spell deafening target.

But if you like the spell, go for it, its not that awful lol.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #845815  Replies : 8  Views : 745
posté March 18, 2015, 22:44:13 | #8
Eliotrope doesn't need a whole revamp, just tweaks (as stated above).

The portal cost decrease was a lovely start. I find that I use portals more so now then I did before.

Also, Incandescence needs to be fixed. Either the description needs to exclude WP or a function needs to be added that recognizes that the consumtion of the WP while Exalted needs to be included in the pierce charges.

Stuff like that and elio is golden.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #840896  Replies : 15  Views : 1419
posté March 16, 2015, 21:51:02 | #9
Yeah I can agree about the drop rates being pretty underwhelming. I've been farming Bygone by fighting mobs, doing HC rooms, and running the full dungeon on normal for weeks and have only just recently hit 50 fragments ...

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - March 16, 2015, 21:51:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #839366  Replies : 66  Views : 2432
posté March 12, 2015, 17:46:52 | #10

Quote (Brokonaut @ 12 March 2015 17:40) *

As per Eliotrope, I can definitely see it being used here, but it would have to be a phase one rush strat since their usefulness will only start to make an impact from two onwards. Honestly, I can see every single class being useful in this instance. Even something like Summon Osamodas can be a key element to a team's strategy for damage mitigation (which I think some comps use).
My Elio is built for speed, so creating the situation first turn is never an issue in my team comps. Especially with changes coming to portal (dat 2ap portal~), this becomes a very efficient means of getting in and out of danger.

Something I've never tested though, is using a Sadida to cast K'Mir on lets say a poz that we don't want doing nasty things, and traveling through portal and subsequently carrying the opponent with them. Not sure that would even work tbh (nice idea though hack)...

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - March 12, 2015, 17:50:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837947  Replies : 46  Views : 2217
posté March 12, 2015, 17:32:46 | #11
I've gotten to phase 2 and died as well. If anyone on Nox (lookin at you Sung) wants to run it, I'm always available.

As far as team comps and strats go, just like my normal owl spam runs, I find the combination of Eliotrope and Pandawa enormously helpful. When designing the strat, the point was to mitigate interaction between allies and the boss while adds could be focused.

The same idea remains for HC, just requires more tweaks since the phases are a bit different. Besides, who doesn't love a good ol Elio res ^^

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837936  Replies : 46  Views : 2217
posté March 11, 2015, 07:33:11 | #12
People generally like to see pictures of your stats and spell allocations and blah blah blah in guides...

Surprised you didn't mention mirror matches in your "how elio fairs in battle" thingy. Then again I'm not so sure you fight any other eliotrope then me lol.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #837482  Replies : 30  Views : 4143
posté March 10, 2015, 07:38:25 | #13

Quote (Nox16 @ 10 March 2015 07:23) *
I feel lorechief is just arguing for the sake of arguing now. Like they don't seem to want to change their point of view so I don't see the point in trying to make them change their mind even if they arguing rule wrong.

Also I do have to agree with madd not leveling dial gets you a bunch of things you can't use super well at low levels. Also timekeeper is amazing.
+1 to Timekeeper being awesome

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #837207  Replies : 24  Views : 1909
posté March 10, 2015, 07:16:25 | #14

Quote (LoreChief @ 10 March 2015 01:27) *
Whether power-leveling or not, Dial is an inferior choice.

Dial lvl 0 mitigates just as much damage as Dial level 9. Leveling Dial does not increase your survivability.
Maybe in the scope of a 1v1 fight, which even then I hesitate to say a level 0 dial would be as effective.

The fact of the matter is, that anything outside of a 1v1 fight is probably going to last you more then 3 turns. You'll burn through your WP trying to maintain the dial at level 0.

So if this argument is or 1v1 encounters sure I get it (sort of) but in anything larger I'd still say you need a maxed dial.

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - March 10, 2015, 07:36:56.
Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #837202  Replies : 24  Views : 1909
posté March 09, 2015, 20:25:42 | #15
I'm assuming this argument is for someone who is not power-leveling?

Under that pretext, I'd say take dial simply because of how squishy Xelor is. Assuming your new, unless you make yourself a lot of bread, I doubt your damage dished is going to mitigate damage received.

Me personally, I'd take the immediate power and kiting/obstruct enemy. Xelor in my eyes is a hit and run class. They have no means of protecting themselves outside of ap steal which isn't even that great against monsters since just about all monsters have more ap then they even need.

It's quick, it's simple, it's efficient, it's Xelor...

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - March 09, 2015, 20:28:01.
Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #837046  Replies : 24  Views : 1909
posté March 09, 2015, 20:06:48 | #16
WTB Bygone Fragments PM me in game as Kouett or Aeon Von Clockwork

~Kouett

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #837039  Replies : 0  Views : 81
posté March 07, 2015, 18:54:24 | #17

Quote (Tyr4el @ 04 March 2015 16:34) *
Oh I didn't realize about the damage buff. So you would typically attack and finish your turn? But before you do, go into the Calm state?
My turns typically involve exalting turn one, damage damage damage.

Turn two starts, damage damage damage, turn exalt off.

This is only because I consume only 3wp on my turns typically on first turn. Turn two i just burn the rest of the wp (you'd get nearly the same effect turning exalt off immediately since turn two you have to choose between exalt damage or effer damage boost).

Then rinse and repeat basically.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #836436  Replies : 16  Views : 909
posté March 04, 2015, 16:25:29 | #18

Quote (Tyr4el @ 04 March 2015 12:57) *

Quote (Gelgy @ 04 March 2015 05:12) *

Yeah, I'll definitely have to practice and try. I would go with Owlite's Air/Water build with a 2-0-3 spell combination.

That would be Wakmeha, Whirlwind, Ethereal Burst, Tempest, Torrential Flux.

I played a little last night and have a question about Exaltion. When should I be using it? When should I be in Exalted and Calm states? Wouldn't I want to always be in Exalted?
Exaltion needs to be turned on and off constantly. Your very first turn in a lot of situations it's ideal that you exalt for the most burst potential.

But unless you can finish off your target the following turn, you need to turn exalt off at the end of your second turn because you need to regen WP by taking hits.

Also, its come to my attention that new Elios haven't been noticing this. Effervescence at max is giving you a 60% damage buff, EVERY SINGLE TIME you touch the Exaltion button. So even if you have no WP and you start you turn exalted, you should be turning it off before you attack to gain a damage buff.

Other than that, exalting or not exalting really depends on your spells and what the situation calls for...

If you want to hit 5 targets with tempest your going to probably need to be calm so you have a larger AoE. If you want to heal off of your target then you going to want to be exalted since hiding wont hp steal if your not, etc..

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #835531  Replies : 16  Views : 909
posté March 01, 2015, 20:57:18 | #19

Quote (Cardesg @ 01 March 2015 10:27) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 01 March 2015 04:37) *
oh snap, I see, Portal, Portal, Inca, Burst (x3) happening which could be loads of fun

~Kouett
Explain? I don't think Incadescence can be casted through portals; although that'd be kinda interesting
Let's pretend that your faster than whatever your fighting so you go first and that you have a 12/6 supported build.

Start by placing your initial portal right next to you, while placing your secondary portal within range of your enemy (without moving).

Step onto portal and travel to secondary portal.

Cast Inca on your target and then (you can choose whether or not you want to exalt) follow up with 3 Bursts.

This leaves you with 1mp to either remain were you are, or return to the initial portal!

That's typically what I had in mind (I'm sure you assumed I meant casting both portals and then moving both to the target to Inca and retreat to attack from portals).

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #834762  Replies : 11  Views : 1169
posté March 01, 2015, 04:37:22 | #20
oh snap, I see, Portal, Portal, Inca, Burst (x3) happening which could be loads of fun

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #834631  Replies : 11  Views : 1169