Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Wareen-Peace's profile
Statistics
480 Posts (0.21 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté October 21, 2014, 15:39:15 | #1

Quote (VoidSettler @ 21 October 2014 15:29) *
I would assume its pretty hard to keep expanding on a game when you have a set piece of lore effectively fixed in a point of time, of which we have all seen the events.

Any new class, any new major world-changing event would seem silly and perhaps a bit oddly placed when there's absolutely no mention of them/it in the cartoon.

Looking back, the whole Sufokia/Foggernaut thing was a bit of a mess as well, and I'm sure that the upcoming new class is merely a clever trick to weave in a technically refabricated Eliatrope - obviously in such a way so they don't specifically hurt the Eliatrope lore.
Even if they're not Eliatropes though, we're still stuck with a powerful portal-wielding class that somehow lost all relevance to the events we saw in the cartoon. For as long as the cartoon remains canon in the same world 20 years in the future, they'll always be shooting themselves in the foot lore-wise, imho.
I personally love the concept and think they can make it work with the lore pretty smoothly!

Eliatropes were an advanced civilization of space (literal) travelers.

Where as Voyagers could take a new spin on the concept by being a Xelor counterpart and being space (dimension) travelers. Not hard to be excluded from the show if they just go to a new dimension entirely.

Dimensional Voyager's have soo much more promise in terms of being a well thought out class then the Eliatrope in both combat and lore if you ask me.

Also, if Wakfu ever gains another season they could always pull a foggernaut move like they did in season two haha.

Hell maybe we'll even see some in the Master Joris origin story movie!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789171  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 20, 2014, 04:27:39 | #2

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 20 October 2014 04:07) *
Click here

I'm well aware of the image from beta I was referring to them being in playable form.

Link taken from a post made on my blog over 2 years ago

(o.o) I'm not sure if your trying to make a point over me or what lol.

Two Years* sorry I didn't backlog the exact number into my memory .

Let me also rephrase my wording so you don't try to retort me again as well, "I speculated their in game release based upon that photo since Dofus wasn't something I was ever interested in or familiar with at the time."

----------------------------------------Things That Actually are on Topic ----------------------------------------

@Taku- : Personally, I don't see the big deal  

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - October 20, 2014, 04:28:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788838  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 20, 2014, 04:05:25 | #3

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 20 October 2014 02:24) *

Quote (picklesaregood @ 20 October 2014 00:31) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 20 October 2014 00:29) *

Quote (picklesaregood @ 20 October 2014 00:07) *
*shrink*

There was no sign of masks at all in beta we knew they were going to come because they were a class in dofus and were brought up several times but it literally took them 2 years after release to make masks

Foggers came out BEFORE they finished masks that should say something which is why I feel like the class feels rushed and its play style doesn't match dofus at all
Actually, there was a leaked photo of a masq in wakfu during beta so that's what I'm talking about .

Fogger's being so different was suppose to be a statement saying that Wakfu is independent of Dofus and will not just carbon copy everything that happens in Dofus into Wakfu (if I'm not mistaken).

But yes them being in beta now and apparently accidentally so will most likely end in either a rushed product due to customer demand or an inevitable delay since making classes isn't exactly a cake walk (balanced good ones that work anyway).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788833  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 20, 2014, 00:40:15 | #4

Quote (Brokonaut @ 20 October 2014 00:35) *
The Voyager's class data was not meant to be released on the public Beta.

• Mango
^ This is a perfect example of what happened last time. Not quite the same since a beta server that the player's had access to at the time wasn't a "thing". But it was evident all the same.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788805  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 20, 2014, 00:29:46 | #5

Quote (picklesaregood @ 20 October 2014 00:07) *
*shrink*
If it's any consolation, this class becoming a reality sooner rather than later is most likely not happening.

The Masqueraiders took forever to release and there was proof of those dropping nearly a year and a half before they actually became playable.

I wouldn't be too worried about it....

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788799  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 19, 2014, 23:56:42 | #6

Quote (picklesaregood @ 19 October 2014 23:44) *
am i the only person in this game who would rather them push out faster revamps fixing classes that are horribly bland instead of cranking out new classes?

feels like theres a pretty big number of classes already i rather them working making the current classes more enjoyable or a combat revamp or balancing specialties or even changing those "useless" spells that every class have to being useful?

i mean so much better things they could be working on instead they're working on a new class?

not sure how to feel about this
Considering the fact that there's a dedicated team that handle all things involving the revamp of classes. I'm sure (if they even have this under their wing) they could divvy out responsibilities which will allow this to be completed simultaneously.

That's assuming this task doesn't have a production team all on it's own (I highly doubt that but I don't work there so who knows).

New content doesn't mean that old content is being put on the back-burner. But, then again, I've been wanting this to be a thing for forever so I may be biased...

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - October 19, 2014, 23:58:04.
Reason for edit : Don't want to derail topic
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788794  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 19, 2014, 22:22:40 | #7
Ankama CAN NOT and WILL NOT make Eliatropes lol.

They will be DIMENSIONAL VOYAGER(S).

The distinction was made because the fan base was SO large (for eliatropes) that this alternative was the only way to make the class possible.

Also, all of these descriptions are possibly just placeholders and shouldn't be taken as the final truth or be all end all.

Believe you me, they will be Dimensional Voyager's, not to toot my own horn (I'm really not) but all of my prediction's about this has been pretty spot on.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788775  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 19, 2014, 21:21:41 | #8

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 19 October 2014 21:12) *
A playable Voyager class would really screw up Pandora's quest where she is all alone in the world of twelve. Imagine the dialog with Sylargh when playing with a Voyager :p
She's not the last voyager though lol.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788757  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 19, 2014, 20:49:07 | #9
How long do you think it'll take them to animate all the attacks, have art for the abilities, and animate the character?

Wonder if the "December Annoucement" will just be a preview...

probably will be lol, probably won't be playing this till Feb of next year haha

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788751  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 19, 2014, 17:12:02 | #10
Yeah, Air/Water Voyager looks seemingly awesome!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788724  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 19, 2014, 16:27:46 | #11

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 19 October 2014 15:47) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 19 October 2014 15:40) *
I must say, the air branch is looking pretty good for ranged damage!

Setting up enough portals at the right angles will really cripple an enemy trying to kite you.
Yeah i'm really enjoying air/water so far

I also love having the freedom to pop out of a portal hit someone and then go away again

I just feel like in real combat the time it takes to set them up could make things difficult would be very nice on bosses but to time consuming for the effort on normal fights
Really? I find that setting them up takes literally no effort at all. Set one within range of your opponent and yourself if you start near them or one relatively close to you if they're far. Then Throw one far away from you (or close to them if they're far). Spam attack a cheap spell and then retreat through a portal. From then on it's just a matter of setting up portals that eliminate your opponents escape from your range which is so easy since you can simply pop through a portal your opponent isn't standing on.

What I DO forsee is in pvp, people are going to portal guard you to try and keep safe just like people rail guard foggers from sliding in too closely.

Is the second earth spell in fact proc'ing an invis state? Or is this just some incomplete function?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788714  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 19, 2014, 15:40:23 | #12
I must say, the air branch is looking pretty good for ranged damage!

Setting up enough portals at the right angles will really cripple an enemy trying to kite you.

My GOD, being within 4 cells of portals gives you GODLY range!!

I'm definitely going to be main-ing this class!

Also, so the earth branch is suppose to be tanky-ish?

While the water branch is suppose to be support-ish? I can see it setting down portals and then nerfing a targets dodge to help the lock tank secure whatever target they have...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788709  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 19, 2014, 14:49:03 | #13

Quote (DiscKZee @ 19 October 2014 14:44) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 19 October 2014 14:39) *
*snip*
*counter snip*
Oh really!

That's pretty cool!

Maybe I should log onto Beta and play around with it myself XD.

This is an exciting day for me!

Wanted this class in tribute to my favorite Wakfu character in all of creation... Kouett! (points to avatar)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788696  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 19, 2014, 14:39:40 | #14
This has been speculated by many people for a while now.

Click here

Introduced by GodIsWithUs and continued by myself, there was loads of speculation on this class forever ago.

Quite the contrary in terms of lore, adding Dimensional Traveler's would not hinder the story simply because EVERYONE know's they exist or SHOULD know since they went public in Dofus age (reporters were on the scene for a lot of the chaos in Dofus).

This is a welcomed change of pace, but I'm interested in the "role" Traveler's are going to play in any group composition. Obviously they have to be able to attack SOMEHOW, but based off of what I've skimmed (tl;dr) it seems like I was correct in believing such a class would be support oriented.

Fascinating!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788693  Replies : 170  Views : 6638
posté October 05, 2014, 18:38:06 | #15
You don't "have" to hit yourself to hit an adjacent opponent .

But, yes, because the AoE of Aging is a cross and the center of the cross is the origin point, that means if you place the origin point directly next to you then you will be hit as well.

Honestly even in the worst of circumstances Aging won't do much to you in terms of damage though.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #784631  Replies : 7  Views : 657
posté September 07, 2014, 16:52:14 | #16
Waiting a full minute when someone is lagging? No thanks, glad this isnt a thing haha

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771422  Replies : 46  Views : 1589
posté September 07, 2014, 03:33:30 | #17

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 07 September 2014 03:31) *
Anyone knows how the Master Joris costume is obtained?
+1 to this question

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771285  Replies : 30  Views : 1414
posté September 06, 2014, 22:31:40 | #18
That Joris costume though!!!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771206  Replies : 30  Views : 1414
posté September 04, 2014, 19:15:27 | #19

Quote (Neneko88 @ 04 September 2014 17:32) *
Then why does ankama even bother adding tokens? If they don't value all their players then they should not even bother.

These are the decisions that make everything good that ankama does not make a difference. Same with the runes same with all the craft revamps they give us, always making a last minute bad decision.
I'd hardly call this last minute. People have been complaining about drop rates on end game level gear for a while, so this seems to be a means to trying to address the issue.

To me it seems like they're trying to please as many people as possible while attempting to maintain an essence of balance. I see it as an attempt to give people more options. If you have neither the time nor the resources, than obtaining an original relic will be dragged out for quite a while.

So now, if you've run a dungeon 50 times, you have earned the right to have a version of that relic to call your own. It may not be shiny and you may not be able to sell it or trade it among your ALT accounts, but you are being recognized for what you've done. It's leaps and bonds better than running a dungeon 50 times and using prospecting candy and dropping hardly anything let alone enough fragments to make a whole relic.

This whole issue is over some aesthetic dribble that does NOTHING but look pretty. I've seen no one complain about the epics being account linked. But that's probably because they don't sparkle

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770352  Replies : 162  Views : 2513
posté September 04, 2014, 18:37:29 | #20
If you see a mod in game, the chances of a random Vampyro vs Black Crow fight increase exponentially!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770333  Replies : 36  Views : 1119