Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Wareen-Peace's profile
Statistics
692 Posts (0.25 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté January 21, 2016, 00:22:40 | #1
What I'd absolutely love to see on Elio would be a passive that increases the number of portal charges held to at least 4. For a class whose fundamental tool is portal, running out of portal charges is infuriating.

Increasing the charge would be, at least in my opinion, the most fair and useful for both close range and long range Elio builds alike.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #939357  Replies : 5  Views : 327
posté January 19, 2016, 03:23:29 | #2

Quote (Tarjl @ 19 January 2016 00:18) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 18 January 2016 23:16) *
May also try 7AP Distortion x3 and Time Control as well as Time Control on self and Frostbite

What exactly does 6AP, 7AP, 8AP mean? Also I'm guessing each one of your lines are separate turns?
'x'AP represents your number of attack points.

They're simply laying out a sequence of spells that can be utilized when the AP amount required for them is met. As you progress, you'll find gear that can increase your AP amount as well as learn some nifty Xelor based abilities that will give you more AP and take away the AP of others.

Here is a link to some general lore on Xelors...
Xelor Lore (slight)

As far as progression goes, I can't say I'm well versed in lower level solo grinds anymore so I'd be winging it for the most part trying to determine what spells are most efficient at lower levels. What I can do is tell you some mechanics that may help you in the future.

Firstly, if you hadn't already noticed, when you start fights you have a little hour hand to the left of your HP meter that frequently changes from red to blue and vice versa. That is a visual notification of your innate states "Tick" and "Tock". I would get quite acquainted with your spells in relation with which state you're in. For example:

If you cast the spell "Aging" while in the TICK state, for every move you cast (it's really for every init you steal from opponent but lets keep it simple since only fire spells do that) it will do additional damage. Conversely if you cast "Aging" while in the TOCK state, for AP stolen from your enemy (which is exclusive to spells) you will do additional damage.

There's a multitude of little secondary effects your spells have depending on the current state you are in. I would read up on them and play around with them a bit.

ENDGAME BUILDS are the primary guides you will find and the usually will not have a progression to endgame guide accompanied with them. For a Xelor, just know, you will most certainly not be a single element build by ENDGAME. Xelor depends on at least two elements to really pull off some of it's more impressive feats.

Sorry if this didn't help or if you needed something else entirely or worst case already knew the information I've provided.

~Kouett

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #939120  Replies : 14  Views : 744
posté January 18, 2016, 22:19:57 | #3

Quote (Tarjl @ 18 January 2016 17:21) *
All,

Hi, I'm a new player as of yesterday. I chose a Xelor to honor my kid's current favorite show, "Dr. Who". I'm currently level sixteen, and all I do is Line of Fire and Xelor's Sandglass. It has been doing well, but now that I'm killing higher level mobs, it's not doing as well a I want it to be. By the description of the character, I should be using gizmos, trinkets, and other machines. Is there a good guide (with location) I can look at?

Thanks
A guide in terms of what?

A Leveling | progression guide? If you're looking for what spells you should be using at your level for efficiency's sake then you can hit my up privately and I'll give you my unbiased thoughts. Sorry if I'm not of more help, I am uncertain of what exactly you want.

~Kouett

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #939088  Replies : 14  Views : 744
posté January 16, 2016, 07:06:16 | #4
Just tested this lightly.

My findings should about a 200-300 hit point difference between stating pure damage vs single target/LD/4 into general. I'm too tired to do the proper math but even though your secondary damage isn't being factored into the 12% (seemingly, could very well be wrong), it appears as though stating the secondary damages is more beneficial than not.

Will taste more extensively at a later date.

~Kouett

Thread : Huppermages  Preview message : #938685  Replies : 7  Views : 532
posté January 10, 2016, 22:24:50 | #5

Quote (MikeFox @ 10 January 2016 14:48) *
Great guide you did! I'm sure I'll use it when the Huppermage are here for everyone
I'll ask just something (silly): you know what is the personality of a Huppermage?
I mean, Iops are said to be dumb, Srams are sneaky (and not truthworthy), Sadidas love nature... That kind of thing...
They're suppose to be the scholarly ones. Think Feca but a little more snobbish?

Also, very intuitive guide for the people who haven't played the class yet.

~Kouett

Thread : Huppermages  Preview message : #937383  Replies : 16  Views : 2453
posté January 10, 2016, 17:51:49 | #6

Quote (Tiraddos @ 10 January 2016 15:16) *

Quote (MikeFox @ 10 January 2016 14:32) *
I will sound probably to... rp-ish but: what is the characteristic personality of an huppermage?
I mean, Iops are said to be dumb, Srams are sneaky (and not truthworthy), Sadidas love nature... That kind of thing...
What you think it is for the Huppermage?
That I also want to know! If anything, the classes characteristics matters way too much for me.
Oh uh, the scholarly class.

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 10, 2016, 17:52:35.
Reason for edit : corrected myself
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #937343  Replies : 176  Views : 6107
posté January 10, 2016, 00:10:41 | #7

Quote (zeurouesttwar @ 10 January 2016 00:00) *
Hello I can not find the package in service can enlighten me
Oh wow, I just checked it and it seems to not be there for me as well. May have removed it for a short period?

~Kouett

Thread : News  Preview message : #937181  Replies : 337  Views : 6706
posté January 09, 2016, 20:39:04 | #8

Quote (Neneko88 @ 09 January 2016 20:34) *
Is this class as good as a feca? So much excitement for a class that doesn't add anything
Huppermage roles I've found as follows:
  • Primary damage dealer
  • Secondary debuffer (minor)
  • Tertiary map manipulator (minor)
  • Tertiary healer (minor)
  • Tertiary tank (minor)
So if you're asking if it's a feca primary support character than no. But to say that it adds "nothing" is a stretch. Just take out every none best in slot characters why don't we...

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 09, 2016, 20:39:48.
Thread : News  Preview message : #937089  Replies : 337  Views : 6706
posté January 09, 2016, 20:31:25 | #9

Quote (Rionku @ 09 January 2016 20:24) *
Someone said a mod popped on in Astrub saying it'll be activated at 4 pm PST time. However not sure if his word has any merit as the guy is a bit of a prick.
They've said that already.

As I've said earlier (I was under the impression that I was incorrect about "Server Time" NOT being PST but it in fact is) be patient.

For future reference, when they say SERVER TIME they mean PST at least with regards to EN server if I'm recalling correctly.

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 09, 2016, 20:32:39.
Reason for edit : political correctness
Thread : News  Preview message : #937078  Replies : 337  Views : 6706
posté January 09, 2016, 18:53:08 | #10
Several people have it atm.

I personally can still log in, but I'm venturing a guess it has something to do with the activation of Hupper.

~Kouett

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #937037  Replies : 5  Views : 155
posté January 09, 2016, 18:44:36 | #11

Quote (celestialknight @ 09 January 2016 18:31) *
Its anyone else not able to log in now?

Was kicked out and now can't log back in...
No idea celes, (it's Mech).

I just logged in with no issues.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #937025  Replies : 8  Views : 304
posté January 09, 2016, 17:06:09 | #12

Quote (Manochaco @ 09 January 2016 17:05) *
It's 17:04 server time and I've already att the client, but nothing...
My mistake, I got my times mixed up.

There probably will need to be a client update as some have stated previously.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #936961  Replies : 73  Views : 925
posté January 09, 2016, 17:03:48 | #13

Quote (Holst-Trakan @ 09 January 2016 16:59) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 09 January 2016 16:57) *
Class doesn't officially become available until 4:00pm server time.

~Kouett
Just letting you know it's been 1hour that it's 4pm server time
Oh really?

Oh diddlydo, I must have mixed up my conversion times haha.

~Kouett

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #936958  Replies : 4  Views : 178
posté January 09, 2016, 17:01:47 | #14
Hupper is not use-able until 4:00pm server time.

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 09, 2016, 19:18:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #936957  Replies : 73  Views : 925
posté January 09, 2016, 17:00:38 | #15
Simple answer, no.

~Kouett

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #936955  Replies : 3  Views : 422
posté January 09, 2016, 16:57:58 | #16
Class doesn't officially become available until 4:00pm server time.

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 09, 2016, 17:00:30.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #936952  Replies : 4  Views : 178
posté January 09, 2016, 01:17:58 | #17

Quote (StrawBerryITA @ 08 January 2016 20:28) *
Why so excited this class suck as hell

Thread : News  Preview message : #936775  Replies : 337  Views : 6706
posté January 07, 2016, 02:59:23 | #18
That's an ambitious and subjective thought. At turn 2 do you think you're actually going to nuke through a decently geared Feca?

The damage is good yes, but when you say "any target" then I'll have to toss in anything with bulk. It just won't work that way. I'll bet my weight in kamas that even if you got backstab crits on your first turn generating your QB that you still wouldn't kill a Feca turn two. It's just not happening.

Especially since rune gathering is displayed for all to see, it's usually a dead giveaway for what your planning to do which can get you set up for a strong counterattack making you wish you hadn't been so bold.

But, I surmise, if you can show me pics of you fighting a halfway decent Feca and killing them turn 2, I'll concede that it's possible just not very plausible.

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 07, 2016, 03:31:32.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #936236  Replies : 176  Views : 6107
posté January 06, 2016, 23:43:11 | #19

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 06 January 2016 12:15) *
And what if I am talking about Twilight Beam? What's wrong about it?
As I stated previously, it's not optimal. It's gimicky and really banks on you killing your target with that spell. Not to mention Light Arrow costs less and produces nearly the same results at 175 level spell comparisons (186 damage vs 186.6 {refer to my post outlining your ideal 2nd turn burst for specifics}) as I've also stated above.

Based on your targeted attack turn, you wanted maximum light with maximum damage potential. Which, it is not; it also leaves you vulnerable by instantly removing you from the HoF state and causing you to lose 80 res if you do not kill your target in your circumstantial turn.

~Kouett

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #936172  Replies : 176  Views : 6107
posté January 06, 2016, 04:51:51 | #20

Quote (shankissimo @ 06 January 2016 04:35) *
Iop is supposed to hit harder than a Hupper anyway...

And I think that Hupper actually might hit more than Iops, 30k+ on Mr Punchy for 4ap 2nd turn is not something you can just ignore.

If no ranged damagers could outdamage a hupper, they would be broken, just think bout it.

Huppers are powerful because all elementals have potent side effects and flexible range, also allow exceptionally easy exploits of resistance.

Don't get me wrong, it is not the Hupper that struggles being competitive in that one turn, it's the other classes which can barely compete, and in the end are only capable of something remotely close to what Hupper does after not any lesser preparation than the Hupper must do.
Alright...

So, I don't presume to speak for neither you nor Hearttyace, but I believe you're trying to highlight "second turn hupper burst isn't bad" whereas Hearttyace is saying "Hupper damage is lower in scale to other damage dealers over the course of an entire fight".

I agree with both these statements if that's in fact true. If my assumption is wrong that's fine, but I will say this; Hupper's second turn does not make up for it's following turns. If you're building the way you say, and what your hitting doesn't die on the 3rd turn, you will most likely convert to a sustain damage mode or a "reload QB" mode. Sustain damage on average of a Hupper is just "fine". It's not extraordinary by any means.

~Kouett

NOTE: I hope you're not referring to Twilight Beam when you say "4ap" (-.-)

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - January 06, 2016, 04:55:11.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #935963  Replies : 176  Views : 6107