Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Wareen-Peace's profile
Statistics
634 Posts (0.24 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté August 23, 2015, 22:52:18 | #1
If you wanna do big numbers you need to be using celestial gift and fighting at range. I did 6k on a non crit to HC Vertox with blade just because I use celestial gift before I attack from a distance through portals.

The only crappy elios are inexperienced or stubborn elios who either are't up to date or continue to try and play like they used to.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #901046  Replies : 8  Views : 893
posté August 18, 2015, 02:47:38 | #2

Quote (HealingHotness @ 17 August 2015 06:17) *
A straw also creates a path, but I can still pour water into it if there's a finger on the other side and it will hit the finger. Conversely, if there's a finger on MY side then no I can't pour water into it from there.

Also, the Incandescence chromatic damage is based on character's current level.
If that was the case all spells would have to have a range of 0-x when used through portals if the condition (2 or more portals on the field) is met.

Not saying I'm opposed to this, just saying it would require tweaking. I suppose you could make it so that you can ONLY target the thing on the portal while it's being stood on.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #899251  Replies : 46  Views : 3472
posté August 17, 2015, 03:48:39 | #3

Quote (HealingHotness @ 16 August 2015 23:51) *
Also what's this nonsense about not being able to cast Unleashed Blade onto a portal with an enemy on it using a separate portal! ITS COMPLETE NONSENSE.
Two portals creates a path, if one of the two is covered you have no path.

You have to place a 3rd portal in order to do what your trying to do...

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #899010  Replies : 46  Views : 3472
posté August 16, 2015, 00:45:51 | #4

Quote (Syfrid @ 15 August 2015 20:12) *
They suck...they are not fun. Just low damage attacks and portals. Nothing special like the other classes.
Not sure if your being sarcastic or not...

Regardless, if you both are serious, you both also do not know how to play the class effectively or conversely should instead of ranting about your personal opinion, find some changes that you would like to propose...

My opinion is that elios are still good and are just different...

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #898733  Replies : 8  Views : 893
posté July 30, 2015, 07:57:11 | #5
The cooldown is only slightly new.

Before you could only use it on the same target once every two turns (same as now)

Pierce was taken out and restrictions were put on it because at the time it was too good by chain cracking...

~kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #892910  Replies : 2  Views : 427
posté July 30, 2015, 07:49:00 | #6

Quote (Hyoushou @ 30 July 2015 00:25) *
I think you seem to be forgetting that most of an Elio's final damage needs preparation to activate, which eats up your time like nothing else.
Your " 2 portal + Unleashed Blade + Ethereal Burst + Incandescence" combo isn't going to be nearly as powerful as you think, because Unleashed doesn't gain anything from Celestial Portal because it doesn't go through portals, Elemental Disciple requires you to use all 3 elements in one turn, with the last being the one to gain a damage buff, and Exalted.
So, in recap, you need to lay down at least 2 portals to maximize Incandescence, so that's 5 AP, counting Incandescence, then another 5 for Unleashed.
Depending on the build, you'll most likely have 12AP/6MP before Rage is active, but that doesn't leave a lot of room.
Supposedly using Pulsation with Celestial Portal counts as your water spell for the turn, but that still leaves Earth.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't an earth spell that costs 2 AP, so really, you're gonna lose a lot of that final damage for that first turn, and at most, for that one turn, Unleashed is only benefiting from Exaltations damage boost.

Honestly, Elio did get worse after the revamp, not by sheer numbers, but by playstyle, because in order to maximize damage, you HAVE to play as a tribrid, with little to no alternative.
You also get no possible way of alternative methods when going for max damage, as it's very unforgivable.
CC is practically unused now because we can't tank anything well enough.
Sure we have a MP chip, but the AOE on that is restrictive, and endgame enemies just teleport and crap.
Support wise, we did gain a bit, but we're still in that small niche of Mobility support, that you don't really need, but helps a lot in a few cases.

One absolute benefit that did come from the revamp is the ability to either lay portals down on, or at least teleport people who are standing on, hazard tiles.
Unleashed blade can be used through portal fyi...

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #892908  Replies : 46  Views : 3472
posté July 21, 2015, 01:26:03 | #7

Quote (SirArliden @ 20 July 2015 23:18) *
So - testing out on Beta it appears that double pouching is being removed... Did anyone else notice this? Is this intended? Or am I pouching wrong?

(I think this is relevant considering double pouching effects damage output)
Still works for me...

~Kouett

Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #889128  Replies : 17  Views : 1817
posté July 12, 2015, 03:32:59 | #8
New Glitches While fighting, randomly will lose AP and MP. Picture will be provided if needed...

~Kouett

Thread : New Bugs  Preview message : #885956  Replies : 0  Views : 134
posté July 08, 2015, 16:31:08 | #9
All the classes were changed in positive (some not so positive) ways. It's a semantics question.

If we're referring to who came out on top in a 1v1 scenario then there is a clear 4 that are the most difficult to deal with.

Those being: Feca, Sadida, Xelor, Rogue

In a 1 on 1 scenario those 4 have the tools to make a 1v1 encounter sway in their favor quit easily.

Now of course, any class has the potential to beat another and gear differences and blah blah blah...

But in terms of ease those 4 beat classes like no other. I have yet to lose with my xelor against anything other than a feca be it beta or live.

But as I've said, lots of classes have nice new toys: Osa, Fogger & Masq are pretty darn good now too.

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - July 08, 2015, 16:31:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #884127  Replies : 58  Views : 3194
posté July 07, 2015, 16:16:23 | #10

Quote (MereBytes @ 07 July 2015 14:38) *

Quote (Insomniatic @ 07 July 2015 14:06) *
How are you guys going to distribute your points? What I was thinking for my tri Xelor is...

Int: Resistance 10, Barrier 10, Hp% rest
Str: Range Damage 20, General Damage +
Agi: Ini 20, AP/MP removal rest
Chan: Crit hits 20, Critical Damage +
Major: Ap -> Range -> Final -> Mp

Although I am still unsure about strength. It's best to consult I guess.
Go with hp armor instead of barrier and from major: final res is a must.
I agree up until the final res bit. I find final dam much more useful personally...

~Kouett

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #883105  Replies : 143  Views : 7887
posté July 07, 2015, 16:14:40 | #11
AP/MP reduction is suppose to allow you to take AP/MP more reliably/longer for classes that specialize in it.

For example, Xelor's "clock" spell has a 100% chance of stealing 2AP on the first cast. But, every time an AP is taken, hyperaction builds to prevent that next AP from being taken. So if I have 100% AP steal stated on top of the 100% chance to steal and AP, I only go down a small percentage per-cast.

It's as most have said, mainly for classes that specialize in stealing AP/MP.

~Kouett

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #883100  Replies : 7  Views : 1048
posté July 06, 2015, 19:33:15 | #12
Long Teleport gives you -60% res and no longer final res debuff.

PvP elio is very possible, it's just slightly different than it was before. PvP elio is still a CC elio. You just have to incorporate "Barrier" now for longevity.

PvE elio is solid as a ranged DD or a pure team support build. Elio has not died out quite yet. It may seem strange, and it certainly isn't a top tier PvP toon, but it's still a solid character to run.

My advice, use all 3 spell decks. One for PvP, one for Ranged PvE, one for pure support...

~Kouett

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #882670  Replies : 84  Views : 4790
posté July 03, 2015, 20:36:10 | #13
RIP n CHIPS 'rollback'

Every time I log my xelor on beta he gets less and less powerful lol...

~Kouett

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881921  Replies : 143  Views : 7887
posté June 29, 2015, 00:44:32 | #14

Quote (ValvatorezSr @ 28 June 2015 18:01) *
Is looks like Eliotrope is still an unplayable mess lol
Not true.

They're still playable, they just are lackluster atm.

When compared to the other classes, elio just doesn't shine compared to them.

They tried to make elio more portal oriented, but it just doesn't have the tools (in a pvp setting) to do it as successfully as other classes.

IMHO, if your trying to pvp with elio on beta, just stop. It's really not worth the effort. You can run a tank build, but then you lose out on the ability to buff your damage by attacking through portals. And Elio just doesn't have the hide for serious tank work.

Of course, if your rich/fortunate to have access to the best gear and all the runes you'd ever need, then by all means...

`Kouett

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #880683  Replies : 84  Views : 4790
posté June 21, 2015, 16:54:54 | #15
No Payment Options Left This is actually getting very frustrating. Over time I've slowly been losing my payment options to the point where now I'd be FORCED to use backdoor and secondary site means in order to re-sub a toon. Me as a consumer being continually forced to find a new means of even obtaining the product I want is very vexing.

I can't use my credit card.

I can't use paypal.

Anyone know of a work around other than steam?

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - June 21, 2015, 17:09:29.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #878252  Replies : 14  Views : 798
posté June 13, 2015, 02:25:16 | #16
I currently rather enjoy a tri build..

I still use aging as a precursor to the setup.

But stacking temporal gel and detonating it isn't as difficult as one would lead you to believe.

Ideally, on my tick turns the focus is mainly age, clock then hand. While my tock turns will usually run age, clock, clock, hand.

Both situations burn away the gel so you make use of it with the added bonus of taking ap.

I'm sure I or someone else will find a more efficient way, but this works swimmingly atm.

~Kouett

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #874718  Replies : 143  Views : 7887
posté June 11, 2015, 16:07:37 | #17
We can move people back to starting positions!!!

LETS GOOOO!!!

An LoF got a buff since it can trigger clocking off.

Not to mention Dial got a nice buff!!! Soooooooooooo stoked

~Kouett

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - June 11, 2015, 16:08:50.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #874002  Replies : 143  Views : 7887
posté June 10, 2015, 16:12:42 | #18

Quote (ReiYano @ 10 June 2015 15:43) *

Quote (Ranmaru1 @ 10 June 2015 14:11) *
with new spell system you will not escape from masq

where is this art from?
It's from the Wakfu OVAs

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #873585  Replies : 26  Views : 1356
posté June 07, 2015, 18:03:33 | #19
Honestly you should fiddle with the class and see what you like. There's only a couple things that you really want early on (I power leveled so it's hard for me to gauge).

For a summary on elements:

Air is your most damaging branch (mostly for shorter ranges/CC).

Earth is your tank branch.

Water is your secondary damage branch (mostly for longer ranges).

Portal, Effervescence, Exaltation, Rage are all solid picks for early gameplay I think. If your running solo maybe Time Breach over portal just because it has less setup needed and can quickly close the game or create one.

if you need any more serious analysis on the spells and how the class works feel free to ask.

~Kouett

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #872664  Replies : 3  Views : 514
posté May 31, 2015, 19:36:01 | #20
Inca not being "chain-able" anymore does put a strain on one of our biggest draws in PvE...

Inca in general just seems like a simple kite mechanic, not sure if its going to be all that worth it in the long run. It's a nice little damage poke that keeps enemies from following you through your portals. But it's rare that monsters use portals and most players will avoid taking a long teleport debuff by not using them as well...

~Kouett

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #869230  Replies : 84  Views : 4790