Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Intrade's profile
Statistics
965 Posts (0.99 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 31, 2014, 22:52:44 | #1
Even though I'm typically for additions to the game, I actually don't really like this idea.

Well, maybe after maxing a craft any crafting experience you would have gotten if you weren't max could be applied to your character with some kind of multiplier, but leveling a profession and gaining normal experience in tandem would [in my opinion] devalue the profession itself and also discourage group play.

People would simply gather materials and max various crafts on an alt to gain levels instead of becoming involved with the ecosystem of different zones and/or grouping with other people for dungeon runs. More people would feel that crafting to level a useful profession that is potentially profitable, or leveling a profession that is easy to level would be more efficient than simply grinding experience the standard way.

Its very likely to happen, especially since after level 29 you can't use Wisdom Candies for additional experience, and paying attention to challenges becomes a bit more important for maximizing your experience gain in fights. 'Why fight when I can craft and level my character too?' says the new player struggling to find a good experience spot with their build/gear.

Last but not least, everyone will likely try to take advantage of this and level professions that are relatively easy to level for their first experience gains (namely AoE/CC/Long Distance and Jeweler), meaning that just about everyone will have, or be close to having their seals within those respective professions and the value of the items associated with these professions will tank in the market.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768327  Replies : 72  Views : 704
posté August 29, 2014, 06:55:04 | #2
I actually don't mind Unbeacon o.o

I don't use it with Riddling. I use it to reposition a beacon if I don't want it there anymore. The beacon is incredibly useful for performing Piercing Arrow on up to 4 mobs that may be too far apart to hit them with Piercing Arrow without it. Without Unbeacon, it's really difficult to pull this off because you'd be restricted not only by doodads on the map but by already-existing beacons (can't place beacons within 1-2 inclusive tiles of another beacon).

It also feels helpful to level it if a beacon is in the way of an ally, or you're limited on control and need to remove a beacon to place a new one. The chance to get Wakfu back is also really nice (it should scale based on charges left on the beacon, but that's just my opinion) o.o

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #767315  Replies : 15  Views : 324
posté August 26, 2014, 15:23:24 | #3
About Cras... Devs... please read!

The main reason why Cra lacks depth is because the beacons take up a spell slot in each tree when they could be consolidated into a support specialty slot.

If they made the beacon a support specialty active, it would give room for 3 new spells, 1 for each element. They could even revisit certain spells like Blinding Arrow, Burning Arrow, Plaguing/Storm (remove the limits).

The new beacon would be a prismatic beacon that performs a function based on the element used on it. If an Earth spell is used on it, it performs the same way the current Earth beacon would. If a Fire spell is used on it, it performs the same way the current Fire beacon would. If an Air spell is used on it, it performs the same way the current Air beacon would.

Some very basic ideas for new arrows in case they do finally decide to free up the beacon slot for new spells:

Vacuum Arrow (Air Tree) [3 AP 1 WF, 1 use per turn]: Pulls targets 1 cell closer in a 3 '+' cell range towards the center, dealing moderate damage.

Soul Arrow (Fire): [2 AP, 2 WF, 1 use per turn]: Deals damage to a target, and Increases damage for the Cra's next Earth or Air spell by 20% of the Cra's elemental damage for that spell.

Meteor Arrow (Earth): [ (No Line of Sight) 4 AP, 1 WF, 1 use per turn]: Deals damage, and pushes targets away 1 cell in a 2 '+' cell range from the target spot.

This would give Cras more multi-element synergy. Fire would find use with Air because of Soul Arrow (for Storm Arrow or Plaguing follow-up), and Vacuum Arrow for Explosive Arrow. Earth could benefit from Soul Arrow for a Destructive Arrow finisher or for a stronger Piercing Shot, and even Vacuum Arrow for lining up targets for better Piercing Arrows. Meteor Arrow can be used by any element to gain some distance from your target while also doing damage.

Devs, if you're listening... please remove Long Distance Combat (or consolidate it into Archery), replace the slot with a prismatic beacon support specialty and think about new spells to add for Cra to make them more interesting to play! o.o

This post has been edited by Intrade - August 26, 2014, 16:37:06.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766536  Replies : 76  Views : 1967
posté August 25, 2014, 21:45:06 | #4
Wow nice! o.o

Well done! o.o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766322  Replies : 27  Views : 946
posté August 25, 2014, 05:52:44 | #5

Quote (Yuukino2 @ 25 August 2014 05:05) *
Another idea as bizarre as this will sound. Completely get rid of HW, and use the MANY pointless decorative houses all over the place for guilds, which have a portal that leads to HW's (Not really getting rid of them but you get what i mean) Obviously guilds that already own HW's will have to get given some sort of system to keep their HW's.

Quote (Intrade @ 25 August 2014 04:55) *

Quote (katralynn @ 25 August 2014 03:27) *
I also agree with Kurokat, my guild has maybe 10 active players and we worked our butts off to fight to get our HW. Like literally fight, we kept getting pk'd for our spot but eventually won. We were not a big rich guild, none of us were even lvl 100 yet. But we have worked hard since to build up our HW. I don't think catering to others is very fair to those who work hard.

Wait... what? What's the difference between a new hardworking guild and an old hardworking guild, aside from content earned in the Haven World? Why should new guilds not have a chance at having a Haven World if they're willing to put just as much effort into it as you have put into yours? o.o
Difference being, when I and some of the older guilds started buying HW's, it was alot harder to get the funds, where as if i was to make a new char, new account, new guild right now, i could easily get enough to buy a haven in a few day's. The content difference between now and before is huge, that it's made the effort from older players look pointless as opposed to newer players. So realistically it's nowhere near as much effort by new guilds. (Imo anyways)

...Before I reply, I just want to make sure that my point is clear - I'm opting for a new HW system in general. What happened in the past is in the past and should remain there. The concern is about new players learning about the game and their potential interest in having access to their guild's own HW. The current HW system is sloppy and needs a revamp...

You described the difference between the funds that are in circulation now as opposed to what was available in the past. When did I make funds the main point of my argument?

Hard work isn't measured in just kamas. Hard work is primarily about managing the Haven World so that guildmembers can use it effeciently.

You also need to take into account resource points and days/weeks it takes just to build structures for certain benefits. Even with structures, one has to consider what spaces should be available for harvesting/etc purposes for their guild.

So what are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that other guilds shouldn't be able to have a Haven World because things were different in the past, a few of the guilds around got lucky, got a Haven World, and now you're forced to either join said guilds to use their HWs or simply be SoL without any chance of getting the HW bonuses?

This is a recipe for disaster. Not only is it bad enough that the guild limit is 200 members for each guild, it's also bad that new players learning about the game know that they have no chance of getting the bonuses without trying to join an existing guild which can potentially be full, inactive or simply not recruiting new players.

The current system really needs to be changed.

This post has been edited by Intrade - August 25, 2014, 05:53:12.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766153  Replies : 17  Views : 462
posté August 25, 2014, 04:55:37 | #6
I never thought about it in great detail because I was in a guild that got a HW (both on Nox and Dathura) and did not think about the long-term repercussions of fixed HWs and how they were offered. Locking players out of content such as HW while giving only a select amount of lucky guilds who were around during the auctioning just doesn't seem fair.

I don't understand why Ankama doesn't just implement some kind of instance-based system for Haven Worlds. Treat them as persistent dungeons that require a certain ranking or whatever for a guild to achieve to earn the right to start their own HW. Obviously, current HW owners would have their progress saved and transferred over to the new system.

It just feels so limiting to have only a fixed number of Haven Worlds available. The auctioning process also seemed pretty ridiculous and wouldn't be necessary with instanced HWs that guilds can strive to obtain through other means.

Quote (katralynn @ 25 August 2014 03:27) *
I also agree with Kurokat, my guild has maybe 10 active players and we worked our butts off to fight to get our HW. Like literally fight, we kept getting pk'd for our spot but eventually won. We were not a big rich guild, none of us were even lvl 100 yet. But we have worked hard since to build up our HW. I don't think catering to others is very fair to those who work hard.

Wait... what? What's the difference between a new hardworking guild and an old hardworking guild, aside from content earned in the Haven World? Why should new guilds not have a chance at having a Haven World if they're willing to put just as much effort into it as you have put into yours? o.o

This post has been edited by Intrade - August 25, 2014, 05:03:04.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766142  Replies : 17  Views : 462
posté August 25, 2014, 02:57:47 | #7
If Kit Skill works on Multimen, you can probably place items on them that you otherwise couldn't have since they can't directly stat it o.o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #766128  Replies : 26  Views : 878
posté August 22, 2014, 04:38:51 | #8
10 AP pre-100 is easy o.o

Toxispike

Moowolf Set (Earth/Fire)

+1 AP statted, or Satisfaction Ring

That will give you +4 AP for 10 AP base.

If you can't be bothered with getting Moowolf pieces

An AP amulet such as...
-Celestial Brooch (now gives +1 AP, -50 HP, +2% Crit, +10% General Damage), level 60
-Lunar Amulet (+1 AP, +8 Air/Fire)
-etc (there are many options now)

An AP set with the amulet slot free (Infernal, etc)

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #765236  Replies : 10  Views : 783
posté August 21, 2014, 02:25:35 | #9
You gain access to the quest at level 35 (Melmac in Astrub)

Just to warn you in advance, you'll need 50 thistle cuttings or 5 basic strings to complete the questline.

This post has been edited by Intrade - August 21, 2014, 02:26:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764877  Replies : 2  Views : 70
posté August 20, 2014, 06:35:12 | #10
Here is some helpful information to determine where to level...

-The level of the character(s) you want to level will determine the average level of individual monsters you'll want to fight to get optimal experience (if you're level 30 you'll probably want to fight groups that contain monsters that are level 20-45).

-The group-level of your group will determine the level of the group you'll want to fight for optimal experience for the time it takes to kill them (if you're level 30, you'll want to fight groups that are level 30-40, if your group was level 140, you'd want to fight groups that are also around that level or slightly higher).

Keep in mind that you don't always have to follow these rules, they're fairly loose but the first one (average level of individual monsters) has higher precedence than the second one.

So for your level, if you're just planning to solo, I would guess that chain-killing Larva mobs (level 30-45, groups of 2-3) can be effective due to the fact that they fit within the rules above and also the amount of damage they do is fairly low.

Obviously that can get very boring very fast. You can fight other mob groups that fit within these rules (Tofurbies, Prespics, etc).

Running dungeons solo (Like Larva for example) can be good exp. Even though the group levels far exceed your level, I believe you get some leeway because the group outnumbers your group (of 1) by a large margin and there may be some bonus exp attached because of that. That, and the average level of the mobs isn't too far from your level yet, so clearing the dungeon can get you reasonable amounts of exp.

When you hit 40, consider following the same process for level 30-55 monsters that travel in level 60 groups (I guess groups of 1-2).

This post has been edited by Intrade - August 20, 2014, 06:37:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764639  Replies : 10  Views : 405
posté August 18, 2014, 03:51:36 | #11
This game really needed 'Bind on Pickup' items for a long time. I don't really see it as a bad thing o.o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764000  Replies : 27  Views : 692
posté August 15, 2014, 21:52:36 | #12
You hurt yourself when you use Fire Sacrier attacks o.o

Your ability points and specialty points will make certain elements easier to level. For example, going Kit Skill (then HP after Kit Skill is maxed) and Angrr then Blood Pact might be the most effective for the really early levels.

Fire Sacrier gameplay has a medium/high skill cap early on, because you really have to choose your fights carefully if you're trying to chain mob and you don't feel like healing very much between fights.

You could get the Multimen Lumino so you can heal your character, or make another account and level an Eniripsa to pair up with your Sacrier using 2 clients o.o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763405  Replies : 3  Views : 161
posté August 15, 2014, 12:56:43 | #13
Sorry for wasting space in the General Discussion section XD

Please close this topic. Thanks everyone =)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763286  Replies : 5  Views : 191
posté August 15, 2014, 12:25:00 | #14
Not getting the exp multiplier o.o I have 3 characters higher than an alt I'm leveling on an account.

I was doing Larva dungeon runs with a guildmate that is only 1 multiplier higher than me, and only has 10 more wisdom...

He is getting anywhere between 120000-150000 exp per fight whereas I'm getting only 30000-50000 (if we get challenges).

I thought maybe it was just wisdom gear he wasn't telling me about, but because wisdom and pp are capped out at 150 (or at least I think they are) I don't think that's the case.

I'm on Dathura and I'm unsubbed. Are you ineligible for the exp multiplier if you're not subscribed? Does it have something to do with how my characters were put onto a different account via the account migration? o.o

I don't know if this is a bug or not so I wanted to place the topic here to see if anyone else is not getting their account exp multiplier o.o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763274  Replies : 5  Views : 191
posté August 14, 2014, 10:15:52 | #15
Let's talk about Cras! ;o

o.o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762857  Replies : 502  Views : 11246
posté August 14, 2014, 02:27:47 | #16

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 14 August 2014 01:44) *
I thought this discussion was about iop / sac / panda and who is the fastest out of the 3. If you are trying to talk about the absolute fastest levelers out of all the classes then cra and sacs don't even come close to being the top 3 contenders.

also lvls 1-40 is a breeze you just pool 100% into hp no matter what class you play until 40. Then reset this can all be done in astrub.

I usually go Kit Skill then HP for certain melee class, or Kit Skill then whatever I feel is appropriate for Ranged. Even so, levels 1-40 can still be a grind for someone without the exp multipliers, a guild with +wisdom, equips that are equal to or higher than the person's level and of course lack of knowledge for where to go to get the most exp for your particular level.

I don't know about fastest-leveling solo, since I've only recently started soloing again during my break time, but I find it difficult to believe Cras aren't high up for fastest leveling. I understand Rogues are probably extremely fast compared to most classes due to Firewall and the AI of mobs, but if anyone understands some of the mechanics of Cras (and some of the remaining benefits/bugs residing in the class' passives) you can take advantage of them and level very quickly with 2-3 Cras.

I know because I've done this trick several times... I have 6 Cras (3 on Nox, 3 on Dathura) and Ankama doesn't seem to be aware of this interesting bug even though I've reported it several times o.o

Now I'm just going to assume Ankama wants these bugs to remain in the game and I wont speak of them again unless its via pms o.o

This post has been edited by Intrade - August 14, 2014, 02:29:00.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762799  Replies : 14  Views : 376
posté August 14, 2014, 00:46:58 | #17

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 14 August 2014 00:13) *

Quote (Intrade @ 13 August 2014 23:25) *
Sure Iops and Sacriers have convenient close combat abilities, but for saving time between fights its better to avoid damage by keeping your distance from enemies while also doing high damage to them o.o

You wont need nearly as much bread before taking on the next fight o.o

Your forgetting about blood pac / clinging to life / attraction

I haven't forgotten about any of those. There are still many cases where you will be low on HP and you can't simply rely on Cling, especially in the early levels.

Around 80+ maybe you can get away with chain-mobbing without breading much, but even so you still need decent equips to pull off chain-mobbing and relying on Cling.

Early on (1-40) you're only going to have 2 of those passives maxed. Assuming you did have Blood Pact maxed first, then Cling, you're going to need to bread up quite often between fights. Assuming Cling then Blood Pact, you're not really getting much out of your passives until you're near death and even then you're low on MP and pretty much have to finish your fight within the next cycle before you die. Attraction isn't bad to level, but compared to other things you could level in the early levels and gain a major benefit from (Angrr, Blood Pact) and the fact that enough mobs will get close to you anyways, it's probably not one of the support specialities you'd want to burn points on until 60-80+.

I always thought Angrr was the best 1st Passive to level for Sacrier in the early levels since your HP is guaranteed to get lower throughout the fight and having higher damage makes it easier to finish the fight before you die o.o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762765  Replies : 14  Views : 376
posté August 13, 2014, 23:25:11 | #18
Actually, I think Cras are easier to level with o.o

Sure Iops and Sacriers have convenient close combat abilities, but for saving time between fights its better to avoid damage by keeping your distance from enemies while also doing high damage to them o.o

You wont need nearly as much bread before taking on the next fight o.o

You have high range and good AoE potential with spells like Explosive Arrow if you go fire, or Piercing Arrow if you go Earth. For high single-target damage Blazing Arrow is nice.

Not to mention you get access to Cras Precision which increases your damage by a lot very often. After leveling Precision, you can level Heightened Vision or Powerful Shooting for the next 20 levels. You'll end up leveling both eventually, but one may be preferable to the other early on depending on your gear (Cloudy Tofu would benefit more from HV early, but more often than not Powerful Shooting is better to level before HV).

As a Cra, you have to be slightly careful about the mobs you choose to take on. It is preferable to fight mobs that like to keep their distance versus ones that like to get close. You do have Disengage or Beacon Sneakin' to get out of lock, but you don't want to use those too often unless you absolutely need to because that's AP lost that you could have used for attacking during a turn.

Just my opinion anyways o.o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #762746  Replies : 14  Views : 376